PDA

View Full Version : Cuntingham has 15 goals.

kodiakTFC
09-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Discuss.

How could he have played so brutally for us and score 15 goals for FC Dallas?

billyfly
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Who knows?!?

Brooker
09-26-2009, 09:52 PM
coaching? :D

kdzb
09-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Discuss.

How could he have played so brutally for us and score 15 goals for FC Dallas?

Simple, He is better used in Dallas than he was in TFC.
In Dallas he's been given the freedom to be everywhere in the pitch and be creative.
In TFC...don't get me started with the coaches.:facepalm:

twistedchinaman
09-26-2009, 10:04 PM
At least he's slightly atoned for his douchebaggery by helping us keep RSL pointless.

Nerepis
09-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Simple, He is better used in Dallas than he was in TFC.
In Dallas he's been given the freedom to be everywhere in the pitch and be creative.
In TFC...don't get me started with the coaches.:facepalm:

Yes, better used, because a striker should not be expected to score on an empty net from the goal line.:D

ballerz
09-26-2009, 10:16 PM
But half his goals were in garbage time or a big blow out.

iansmcl
09-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I seem to remember he was being fed a lot of crosses at TFC. He started off well for us, didn't he?

Lucky Strike
09-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Lol, this thread comes up every time he scores. Yeah he's doing well and didn't here because he couldn't handle the pressure and didn't try hard enough. And we all know if we saw him on the street, we'd punch him squarely in the jaw.

Case closed.

Nerepis
09-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Lol, this thread comes up every time he scores. Yeah he's doing well and didn't here because he couldn't handle the pressure and didn't try hard enough. And we all know if we saw him on the street, we'd punch him squarely in the jaw.

Case closed.

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this post. I say we post it in every Cunningham thread that gets opened up in the future, and then close the thread.

Damien
09-26-2009, 10:56 PM
The coach there doesn't rip into him at every opportunity.

ag futbol
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
The story of Jeff Cunningham at TFC:

- unmotivated
- not focused
- wrong coach
- wrong system

To the extend that pressure was on him here, well half of that was the fault of a self -serving coach who was always concerned about saving his own bacon as opposed to doing what was right for the time. Ironically, he also sucked at dealing with pressure.

craigtfc
09-27-2009, 10:36 AM
hey well barrett has 5 goals.......need i say more?

InTheCrowd
09-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Maybe because of the way he was treated by "supporters" here in Toronto.

Cashcleaner
09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
*** NEWS FLASH!!! ***

Sometimes the performances of athletes playing on one team are different then those when they play on another.

flatpicker
09-27-2009, 11:00 AM
*** NEWS FLASH!!! ***

Sometimes the performances of athletes playing on one team are different then those when they play on another.

Just look at all the good players that became shitty when joining the Leafs!
Or all the shitty players that became great when they left the Leafs!
It's the Hogtown Curse!

Marco2K
09-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Screw Cunningham. I hate that guy.

Phil
09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
How is this posted in the news section?

stugautz
09-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Just look at all the good players that became shitty when joining the Leafs!
Or all the shitty players that became great when they left the Leafs!
It's the Hogtown Curse!

MLSE curse.

Alex Rios leaving Toronto and doing worse proved it's not Toronto, it's MLSE

TFC07
09-27-2009, 12:50 PM
MLSE curse.

Alex Rios leaving Toronto and doing worse proved it's not Toronto, it's MLSE

Well, a lot of former Raptor players play shit (excluding Vince Carter and maybe T-Mac) after leaving Toronto. Last time I remember, Toronto Raptors are owned by MLSE.

Point is that this is more Maple Leafs and TFC curse. I guess it's got to do with how a lot of TFC fans are also Maple Leaf fans as well though explaining why fans here love unskilled hardworking players instead of actual talented players? Also how TFC management is run by bunch of amateurs like past Maple Leafs management might explain this curse as well.

rocker
09-27-2009, 02:23 PM
all teams have players that leave and go on to better things.

It's just everyone here is Toronto-centric, so they always believe it's a Toronto curse.
But you hear it from fans in other sports in other cities. It's just myopia.

Blizzard
09-27-2009, 02:41 PM
I seem to remember he was being fed a lot of crosses at TFC. He started off well for us, didn't he?

Ya, good passes from Dichio, lots of breakaways and stopped a lot. I think JC couldn't handle Cunningham's odd personality and didn't know how to best utilize him.

By the time that Cunningham missed that sitter, the damage had been long done and he was snake bitten not being able to do anything right. Once the milk had soured, their was not to be any healing of the relationship and he had to go.

I was recently told a story about Cunningham with TFC in NY yelling over to Andrew Boyens how great it must be to play in New York as playing in Toronto is crap ........ or something in that vein anyway.

Certainly a two way dislike!

That said, could JC have handled him differently, ya probably.

zeelaw
09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
throw up face

nimamalek
09-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Cunningham, Casey, Buddle and a boat load of other guys have failed to score here. Maybe scoring isnt our problem, its service?

felipe
09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
He put in zero effort for TFC - thats why.

Fuck him.

Canary Canuck
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
So the guy wins the golden boot the year before joining us, and now he's going to win it the year after leaving us.............

ilikemusic
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
He didnt want to play here, he didnt want to succeed here.

There is no sense dwelling on it.

boomcha
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Who? ;)

Oldtimer
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
He put in zero effort for TFC - thats why.

Fuck him.

Who, this guy?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg

He was the paragon of effort, he was.

v00d00daddy
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
The guy was a douche when he was here but he can score goals...he's proven it.

Beach_Red
09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
The guy was a douche when he was here but he can score goals...he's proven it.

Even then there were people on this board calling out Carver for publicly berating players and picking favourites. That coaches have to try and get the best out of guys like Cunningham is probably the best argument for MLS experience in a coach. All the salary cap arguments and analysis about the top 3-4 players on a team and the gap between the rest and so on tell you that any MLS team will have a line-up that's tough to manage.

MLS could have as its slogan, "Home of the douche," as every team has at least one.

v00d00daddy
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
MLS could have as its slogan, "Home of the douche," as every team has at least one.

So who's the current "douche" on TFC?:D

craigtfc
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
^^^^^^
coughBARRETTcough

Beach_Red
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
So who's the current "douche" on TFC?:D

Good question. There are a lot of underachievers and some guys are being left behind by the improving MLS but there aren't really any out and out jerks. A good sign, really.

As an expansion team, TFC was desperate and taking whatever it could get. Moving past that now, a little.