PDA

View Full Version : a striker we tfc should really take a look at trying to add

edmundo
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
ok, so i dont get the impression many people are following the concacaf champions league anymore, but, with us being out and being of trinidadian heritage ive been following a team called w connection who i ironically seen win the the league when i was there last christmas on vacation, that being said the team has a player on their roster named jonothan fana farias, hes a dominican international who knows how to find the back of the net, every game ive seen hes scored and caused even mexican clubs serious problems, last night he scored a hat trick away to communicaciones of guatemala, im not saying he would be a savior, but i doubt hes making anywhere near what chad barrett is and would definitely be a massive upgrade

heres a look at his highlights from last night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jSh9zXzow&feature=channel_page

Dunkers
09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
haha that last goal was funny, how is a guy with a brace already in the match given THAT much free space with only the goalie to beat. The other goals were nice tho

edmundo
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
haha that last goal was funny, how is a guy with a brace already in the match given THAT much free space with only the goalie to beat. The other goals were nice tho
good players find space right, i think we all saw that when we played madrid

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Not sure about Fana Farias in particular (what's his contract situation? Does he want to moves to MLS? etc.), but Central America is certainly somewhere TFC should be looking for players.

ballerz
09-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Not sure about Fana Farias in particular (what's his contract situation? Does he want to moves to MLS? etc.), but Central America is certainly somewhere TFC should be looking for players.

Unfortunately, I don't think Mo can point out T&T or Guatemala on a map!

Cashcleaner
09-26-2009, 02:21 AM
ok, so i dont get the impression many people are following the concacaf champions league anymore, but, with us being out and being of trinidadian heritage ive been following a team called w connection who i ironically seen win the the league when i was there last christmas on vacation, that being said the team has a player on their roster named jonothan fana farias, hes a dominican international who knows how to find the back of the net, every game ive seen hes scored and caused even mexican clubs serious problems, last night he scored a hat trick away to communicaciones of guatemala, im not saying he would be a savior, but i doubt hes making anywhere near what chad barrett is and would definitely be a massive upgrade

Weren't you the guy that was pushing for Colin Samuel? :D

Seriously though, this guy looks pretty good. Really liked the second and third goals in particular. That Mexican keeper was definitely having an "Oh Shit!" moment on the third one.

karlosarmenta
09-26-2009, 03:56 AM

Seriously though, this guy looks pretty good. Really liked the second and third goals in particular. That Mexican keeper was definitely having an "Oh Shit!" moment on the third one.

Where did you get the keeper is Mexican?

Cashcleaner
09-26-2009, 04:14 AM
^ Bah! Guatemalan. My bad.

edmundo
09-26-2009, 02:00 PM

lol isnt that so funny, people gave samuel shit and ran him out of town about his weight even though he was a decent player and could actually finish most of his chances, barrett who never finishes and throws tantrums even tho hes shit is ttreated like a god! well not really, but hes still in town tho :facepalm:

Kaz
09-26-2009, 02:31 PM
I think we should give Gerba and White a chance up front be for we look at signing any big strikers at the moment to be honest. Our back line is much more important to shore up (as we have lost at least 6 points this season directly because of that issue) Looking over Gerba record he should score at least 1.5 times more then Barrett and giving White a chance to impress next season would be best.. (pocket book wise) no point in replacing a Canadian player with an international if the Canadian can get the job done.

But he should be watched for sure... as should that whole region.

TFC12
09-26-2009, 03:23 PM
If only TFC could put 2 passes together like these guys.

I'm starting to think it's not the forwards anymore. I think it's CC's system. Like Kaz said I think Gerba and White are good enough, it's just the coach thats the problem...sorry interm-coach.

ballerz
09-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I think we should give Gerba and White a chance up front be for we look at signing any big strikers at the moment to be honest. Our back line is much more important to shore up (as we have lost at least 6 points this season directly because of that issue) Looking over Gerba record he should score at least 1.5 times more then Barrett and giving White a chance to impress next season would be best.. (pocket book wise) no point in replacing a Canadian player with an international if the Canadian can get the job done.

But he should be watched for sure... as should that whole region.

Agree. Dale Mitchell does a better job than Cummins at making Gerba look decent. Speaks to the calibre of coach that CC is.

denime
09-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Agree. Dale Mitchell does a better job than Cummins at making Gerba look decent. Speaks to the calibre of coach that he is.
Stop using drugs,it's not healthy.
Anyone on this board who think D.Mitchel is good coach,please start following some other sport,soccer is not for you.:facepalm:
What we need is a very good CB,not a striker.We scored twice today but our CB F*^ked us up nicely so 2 away goals weren't enough to win.

ballerz
09-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Stop using drugs,it's not healthy.
Anyone on this board who think D.Mitchel is good coach,please start following some other sport,soccer is not for you.:facepalm:

Ummmmm....I was making a relative comparison only...

InTheCrowd
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
This guy looks good and I think it's worth it. I don't know what the players salaries are like in Trinidad but I can't imagine that they're high. A cheap good striker is always worth it, regardless of our need for defenders. But then we never know about if he wants to come, if anyone has his discovery rights etc. but I think it's worth looking into. :)

ag futbol
09-27-2009, 10:25 AM

I was expecting to open this thread and see some pie-in-the-sky thing about signing a star player from Brazil, Argentina, etc..

This is actually quite realistic, while i won't clain to judge based on one highlight video ... signing players out of non-Mexican concacaf leagues is very smart. They have budgets MLS teams can deal with transfer wise and there generally under-scouted.

InTheCrowd
09-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I was expecting to open this thread and see some pie-in-the-sky thing about signing a star player from Brazil, Argentina, etc..

This is actually quite realistic, while i won't clain to judge based on one highlight video ... signing players out of non-Mexican concacaf leagues is very smart. They have budgets MLS teams can deal with transfer wise and there generally under-scouted.

This is what I thought to. Usually when I open these kinds of threads it's all some old guys in Europe who have become free agents and we want to sign although we would've never come up with the idea of signing them if they were still under contract.

This is very realistic as ag futbol said. :)

edmundo
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
more fana farias champions league highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaE5Jgz1LOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaE5Jgz1LOY

hes got a really good strike rate so far in concacaf

edmundo
09-27-2009, 01:58 PM
what would kill me is if another mls team adds him or even worse we play them in concacaf next year and he goes nuts on us