fiji_blue
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM
One of the best Canadian Players eVeR!

werewolf
06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
for the Dynamo, I completely agree.

Roogsy
06-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Gotta respect him...what he's done for Canada and for his clubs. Not his fault TFC didn't exist when his career began. Would have loved to seen him in TFC colours. Don't think it's ever gonna happen though.

Gobi
06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
In orange, yes.
In red, no f#king way.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
what a waste of tallent rotting away all these years in MLS!!!

come home DERO!!! :)

werewolf
06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't say winning back-to-back championships is exactly rotting away, BUT I do agree, Come Home!

joelakeshore
06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Hate him in Orange, but would give up DP money to see him in red. Plus he seems like a class act off the field, with all that charity work for African aid and such.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't say winning back-to-back championships is exactly rotting away, BUT I do agree, Come Home!

I ment he had much more tallent then wasting his years in MLS...and not abroad!:noidea:

but yeas its time to come home..he's done everything he can in Houston..championships MVP'S......

He needs a challenge...BRINGING THE CUP HOME!! :)

Jack
06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Hate him on Houston. Love him on Canada.

Toronto Gunner
06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
DeRo is awesome, as much as I hate him when he puts on an Orange shirt, you have to respect his talent and what he's done for the National Team. I agree that he would be worth DP money to have in TO.

joelakeshore
06-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I just hate seeing a rather apathetic (compared to BMO) Houston stadium not singing his name after such performances. He would get such a welcome in our colors, in his own city, bringing home a championship...damn, I'm getting carried away again.

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I just hate seeing a rather apathetic (compared to BMO) Houston stadium not singing his name after such performances. He would get such a welcome in our colors, in his own city, bringing home a championship...damn, I'm getting carried away again.

He's happy there,

like I said, a hairy twat who enjoys being a big fish in a little pond.

SilverSamurai
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Why not sing for him during the All-Star game, unless you want West Ham to win. lol

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
^^ actually I do want West Ham to win, because Im sick of reading about how MLS compares to top level football because the allstars beat Celtic and Chelsea.

I'd rather they got a reality check and upped the cap.

Roogsy
06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Is Toronto much different than Houston?

TFC ain't exactly the "big pond" here either. The only way your argument works Exiled, is if Dero resists moving to Europe.

Heathen
06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
...a big fish in a little pond.

yes like Steven Gerrard :hide:

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
^^ You mean the big fish in a liddel pool?

Heathen
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
^^ You mean the big fish in a liddel pool?

Billy Liddell pool?

TFC OZZ
06-09-2008, 03:15 PM
He's my "fucking hairy goofball twat"

ensco
06-09-2008, 03:50 PM
he scored a goal chipping the keeper last night, which no TFC player has ever done

TFC07
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
DeRo is the fucking man! It's hard to hate on him. He's prolly one of the best players ever to play in MLS.

giambac
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
One of the best Canadian Players eVeR!

Yes he is, but than that's not saying much now is it?

However, love to have him on TFC.

fiji_blue
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
U know DeRo is a Great player and represents our COUNTRY in the best way possible...
Last night our boys were not ready to face a confident Houston squad...

TFC07
06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
How come DeRo doesn't want to play in Europe? He can make way more money in Europe than here. And I can't beleive he isn't making DP type of money.

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
^^YAAAWWWWWWWN!

Wayne Rooney is a scouser (like me) who represents my country.

I hate the ugly fucker with a passion, and I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire.

Why the collective hard on for a national team player who would serve YOUR COUNTRY better if he found a clue and went to a higher league, or at least tried to get on TFC and play with some of his national team mates.

Every time I see him do that retarded 'monkey walk' I want him to be shot in the head, what a balloon head.

werewolf
06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
He said he would welcome coming to Toronto, he doesn't control management decisions. Perhaps there wasn't a better alternative available overseas.

He represents my country, and will probably be the all-time leading scorer before the 2010 WC.

I have no use for him on the Dynamo, but I don't have an emphatic hate on for him.

jloome
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm amazed he's still there. Blackburn and Manchester City were both interested him to start in the Prem two years ago but were told he wouldn't get a work permit at the time because Canada's ranking was too low.

To my mind, he's a much more dangerous player than Dempsey, who's at Fulham, and there are any number of top teams there that lack creativity from the mid/forward positions.

He wanted out of Houston last year but they gave him a new deal; my understanding was it has lots of incentives built into it, which is why it wasn't a dp deal.

Houston needs defensive cover and strikers for bench depth, right? So here's my idea: we trade Mo Edu and the rights to Brian McBride to Houston in exchange for DeRo. They trade the rights to McBride to Chicago in exchange for Mapp and Barrett. They get a scorer, a U.S. national team mid and another midfielder wiht huge upside potential.

We move DeRo to forward in the 4-5-1 and everyone's happy.

werewolf
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
if we traded Edu, who would we put in the midfield to replace him? (Jarrod Smith is better at striker I think) It would have to be DeRo, a natural midfielder, maybe push him up a bit higher, but midfield still. Keep the Dichio/Cunny rotation going, until we get a DP.

Rocco
06-09-2008, 05:46 PM
I respect DeRo not only cuz he's a great player but he put Scarborough on the map.

Rocco
06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Other notable scarborough boys:
http://www.northscarboroughsoccer.com/leagues/6698/centerBanner.gif

Flipityflu
06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I respect DeRo not only cuz he's a great player but he put Scarborough on the map.

i thought Mike Myers did that.

one of the things i love about football is the jekyll and hyde quality. hate a player for one jersey, love him when he wears another.

Roogsy
06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
i thought Mike Myers did that.

one of the things i love about football is the jekyll and hyde quality. hate a player for one jersey, love him when he wears another.

Its one of the things I hate about sports myself! LOL!

kdzb
06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I will take him over any player in our team. Even he deserve a DP money that guy.
He is a steal for Houston. Yesterday was Toronto FC vs Dero.
The guy was running like a horse for 90 minutes like he has something to prove and he is the best player for Houston...You have to give him that.
I love TFC to death but please guys have some respect for Dero.

Thanks

ensco
06-09-2008, 06:39 PM
^^YAAAWWWWWWWN!

I hate the ugly fucker with a passion, and I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire.

umm, the fact that Shrek came up with, and played for, Everton, wouldn't factor anywhere in your view, would it? ;)

(my point is, TFC fans have no "Everton")

werewolf
06-09-2008, 06:41 PM
we have Adam Braz

rocker
06-09-2008, 06:41 PM
i'd like to see Dero go to Europe just to see what he could do in that environment.

Derko
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I must say DeRo did shine last night, and ran circles around our hapless effort in Houston, It was almost like TFC had never played a match together, we just didn't show up for the game, and I hate to say it DeRo and Houston showed up and played well.

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
umm, the fact that Shrek came up with, and played for, Everton, wouldn't factor anywhere in your view, would it? ;)

(my point is, TFC fans have no "Everton")

It's got fuckall to do with the toffees, he's a scouser and most toffees are. I'd drink with any BS any day of the week.

The Manchester United link is much more poignant. Houston being back to back champions and all.

Laurignano
06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Love him, glad to see hes is really fit and seems to be playing well. We will need him to qualify for world cup.

jloome
06-09-2008, 09:14 PM
if we traded Edu, who would we put in the midfield to replace him? (Jarrod Smith is better at striker I think) It would have to be DeRo, a natural midfielder, maybe push him up a bit higher, but midfield still. Keep the Dichio/Cunny rotation going, until we get a DP.

Guevera! Wed' just play a 451 with dero in the hole instead of guevara.

werewolf
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Guevara, Robbo, DeRo, Robert, Ricketts, all in the midfield (of sorts) with Danny, Cunny or a DP striker.

Roogsy
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Guevara, Robbo, DeRo, Robert, Ricketts, all in the midfield (of sorts) with Danny, Cunny or a DP striker.

That lineup gives me a chubby... ;)

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I'll bet his ego is so huge that he thinks TFC fans actually enjoyed the goal.

Im not sure that most of you didnt.

DeRo aint coming here, he's said as much.

"I'd like to end my career in Toronto"

meaning, theres a dozen fucking places Id rather go first, or a few more MLS cups for Houston at least, before I drag my 34 year old arse back to my hometown and get the red carpet rolled out for me.

I'm thinking by then, we wont need the fucker any more.

SilverSamurai
06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Going into Qualifiers, this is the DeRo I like to see. Too bad it was at the expense of TFC though.
We're going to need all the help we can get in order to make it out of the next round once we get St.V out of the way. But 1 step at a time...

SilverSamurai
06-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm amazed he's still there. Blackburn and Manchester City were both interested him to start in the Prem two years ago but were told he wouldn't get a work permit at the time because Canada's ranking was too low.

To my mind, he's a much more dangerous player than Dempsey, who's at Fulham, and there are any number of top teams there that lack creativity from the mid/forward positions.

He wanted out of Houston last year but they gave him a new deal; my understanding was it has lots of incentives built into it, which is why it wasn't a dp deal.

Houston needs defensive cover and strikers for bench depth, right? So here's my idea: we trade Mo Edu and the rights to Brian McBride to Houston in exchange for DeRo. They trade the rights to McBride to Chicago in exchange for Mapp and Barrett. They get a scorer, a U.S. national team mid and another midfielder wiht huge upside potential.

We move DeRo to forward in the 4-5-1 and everyone's happy.
I remember hearing that DeRo turned down Europe but it was something to do with his family. I don't remember specifics though. In any case I'm shocked he's not making DP cash, but he's GOT to be near the top end. THeirs no way he couldn't/shouldn't be.
Who knows, maybe he can make a run in Europe, McBride did and he was older then DeRo when he went.
DeRo come home!!!

Roogsy
06-09-2008, 10:15 PM
My understanding is that DeRo makes just under the amount for DP allocation. Somewhere in the 300s...

As for him "ending" his career here...no thanks. I would love to have him now, not what he is not as effective. If he wants to give his best to another club team, then I will simply appreciate him on the national team and ignore him on his club team.

ExiledRed
06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I remember hearing that DeRo turned down Europe but it was something to do with his family. I don't remember specifics though. In any case I'm shocked he's not making DP cash, but he's GOT to be near the top end. THeirs no way he couldn't/shouldn't be.
Who knows, maybe he can make a run in Europe, McBride did and he was older then DeRo when he went.
DeRo come home!!!

That's right, DeRo DeValued himself, by sticking with the Dynamo.

He could be making his MLS salary every saturday, Those family reasons must have been fucking serious, I hope everyone's OK in the DeRo household, because somebody would have to be fucking dying for me to turn those numbers down, and I probably wouldnt even then because silly money buys top level medical treatment.

James Oliphant
06-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Why the collective hard on for a national team player who would serve YOUR COUNTRY better if he found a clue and went to a higher league, or at least tried to get on TFC and play with some of his national team mates.

TFC carries just as many Canadian internationals as Houston does...2. Harmse does not count.

And they had Adrian Serioux until we stole him in the expansion draft and promptly dealt him to Dallas.

SilverSamurai
06-09-2008, 11:21 PM
That's right, DeRo DeValued himself, by sticking with the Dynamo.

He could be making his MLS salary every saturday, Those family reasons must have been fucking serious, I hope everyone's OK in the DeRo household, because somebody would have to be fucking dying for me to turn those numbers down, and I probably wouldnt even then because silly money buys top level medical treatment.

We'll probably never know, so I'd say let's give him the benefit of the doubt. But I'm sure it was to turn down that much coinage!
But I'm glad DeRo is in good form going into the qualifiers. Just would've been nice to see it against any team that wasn't TFC!

Canary Canuck
06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
DeRo was the reason Keegan quit at Man City. He wanted to sign Dwayne but the board refused to back him so he walked.

ExiledRed
06-10-2008, 12:18 AM
DeRo was the reason Keegan quit at Man City. He wanted to sign Dwayne but the board refused to back him so he walked.

Keegan liked his haircut.

ExiledRed
06-10-2008, 12:20 AM
I must admit, I expected a mauling for this thread.

It means that restraint on the new board, is much greater than it was

OR

Most of you don't want to admit it to fellow canadians, but you fucking hate the twat too.

J .
06-10-2008, 03:12 AM
One of the best Canada has ever produced.

fiji_blue
06-10-2008, 05:13 AM

OR

Most of you don't want to admit it to fellow canadians, but you fucking hate the twat too.

Why are u instigating something out of nothing... TFC fans hate opposing players but u have to respect talent, especially Canadian talent. Dero is great , I'm sure if he played for us you'd have his Hairy mug pasted on your knickers.

ensco
06-10-2008, 06:40 AM
I disagree about DeRo, but this is my favorite kind of thread after a loss.

Let's get our aggression focused where it should be, outside the TFC room!

trane
06-10-2008, 06:48 AM
^^ actually I do want West Ham to win, because Im sick of reading about how MLS compares to top level football because the allstars beat Celtic and Chelsea.

I'd rather they got a reality check and upped the cap.

I am with you, I would love to see West Ham take the game seriously and give the MLS "all stars" a wake up call. We need reality for the MLS to advance.

Shaughno
06-10-2008, 07:32 AM

OR

My opinion?

DeRo is easily one of the best players that Canada has produced. I respect his talent and what he does for the national team. When he wears orange against us, he's the fucking enemy end of story.

I don't think he's a cunt for not jumping shit to Toronto when we came into the league, he's in a good spot where he is. Recently bought a new house and signed a new contract. On top of that, he's just won two MLS Cup's in a row and has been named MLS MVP twice while playing for Houston. Not exactly a team that you just 'up and leave', especially in his position. I'd love to see him in Toronto and I bet if Mo/Carver decided to try and pick him up, he wouldn't block the move but I can't see him coming out and saying, "yeah I wish I was in Toronto". How pissed would you be if you were a Dynamo fan and your best player came out and said that?

Flipityflu
06-10-2008, 08:06 AM
^^YAAAWWWWWWWN!

Every time I see him do that retarded 'monkey walk' I want him to be shot in the head, what a balloon head.

i hear you on that. rooney is the only player who puts on an England shirt who i hate with a passion. not because he played for Everton, and not because he plays for United. i hate him because when playing for England during Emlyn Hughes memorial match, he got subbed off, stormed off, and threw the Hughes armband on to the ground. he will never be forgiven for that.

never

ExiledRed
06-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Why are u instigating something out of nothing... TFC fans hate opposing players but u have to respect talent, especially Canadian talent. Dero is great , I'm sure if he played for us you'd have his Hairy mug pasted on your knickers.

Well I thought it might be a change after a bad match, to see a negative thread about an opposing player, rather than one of ours.

I never said DeRo wasnt talented, I said he was a hairy goofball twat

there's a difference.

sweetlemon69
06-10-2008, 09:21 AM
How come we could never expect DeRo here in toronto? I'm asking honestly, I don't know. Has he said in the press that he would never join?