PDA

View Full Version : Monsalve: gone, or is this just a glitch?

ensco
06-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone know why the official websites for TFC and FC Dallas show David Monsalve as an FC Dallas player (and not a TFC player)?

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t280
http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t104

Parkdale
06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I thought he was off to a USL team after last season. hmmm..... ?

werewolf
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
They probably just entered the team he was playing for as "FC"

:lol:

S_D
06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I thought he was an MLS pool keeper

djking2
06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
He was on our bench for the LA game

S_D
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM
He was on our bench for the LA game

Wouldn't surprise me... he was probably the backup to Edwards as Sutton was away.

GingerNinja
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Their keeper Sala is injured, so Monsalve being a brought in pool keeper would make sense, but Monsalve is the 4th keeper listed on their roster.

SilverSamurai
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I thought he was signed to the TFC developmental roster. :s
I remember that sticking out in a news story for some reason...

oxygenatedbrain
06-09-2008, 03:01 PM
No, he's a pool keeper...lucky him! As such he makes 33k. I thought I noticed him with Dallas for a game earlier in the year, but can't find it now (without too much effort).
FCD have 5 keepers on the roster...Sala is injured, Graczyk (a pool keeper and their usual backup lately...only makes 17k), Ray Burse (supposed to be on loan to Portland, but having to spend a lot of time in Dallas because of injuries), and promising rookie Lambo (drafted before JJ this year, who backed up March 30 and got a broken jaw and concussion in the reserve game afterward).
Every pool keeper has a home base...usually where his parents live.

SilverSamurai
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
No, he's a pool keeper...lucky him! As such he makes 33k. I thought I noticed him with Dallas for a game earlier in the year, but can't find it now (without too much effort).
FCD have 5 keepers on the roster...Sala is injured, Graczyk (a pool keeper and their usual backup lately...only makes 17k), Ray Burse (supposed to be on loan to Portland, but having to spend a lot of time in Dallas because of injuries), and promising rookie Lambo (drafted before JJ this year, who backed up March 30 and got a broken jaw and concussion in the reserve game afterward).
Every pool keeper has a home base...usually where his parents live.

Prob why i confused. Since he's based out of TO then.

DigzTFC!
06-09-2008, 03:16 PM
He is an MLS player pool. He was called due to injury for Dallas about a month ago. Its a smart move on Mo's part because Monsalve gets more possible first team appearances and the player gets more money. Its hard for a 3rd keeper to get a game, even in the reserve leagues. He trains with us however. And I'm sure if push came to shove he would be on our developmental squad.

Dozitwin
06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
His been on the bench for every reserve match though...??? So did we pick him up to play on the reserve sqaud or is he allowed to just play for the closest team when not needed else where.

oxygenatedbrain
06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
You and I could play as "guest players" in a reserve game...