PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Season Opener, will you go?

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:59 PM
So it's been announced that TFC's season opener is Columbus once again. With all the problems we've had with Columbus and the fact that the powers that be are essentially shoving this rivalry down our throats, many of us have decided to boycott Columbus for other away game opportunities such as New England.

There is a discussion already on your thoughts of the Columbus start to the season. Please just use this thread to vote whether you will be going.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
where's the poll? -- I see it now.

you put that last option in for me right?

and who said there's no bikinis in boston?

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
I will absolutely go to the opener in Boston.

Nodoubtguy
09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Parky - your sig should be "MY 2010 TFC SEASON STARTS AT JOE'S"

Parkdale
nice work on the poll TFC_mighty_Roogsy

;)

Parkdale
Parky - your sig should be "MY 2010 TFC SEASON STARTS AT JOE'S"

pffft. my season is YEAR ROUND

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
My 2010 season starts in SOUTH CAROLINA

SQUIRREL
09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm choosing Boston, I don't mind New York,Chicago, Philly or LA, I just want to support my team with a large crowd in a city that is not Columbus (been there, done that) I want to see a new city (I've been to these cities but not as a TFC supporter).

WHITEY
09-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Me and my boys doing Boston

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 01:07 PM
My 2010 season starts in SOUTH CAROLINA

shhhhhhh!

we don't want everyone to know that it's the single best place to see TFC*, and then have a mob of people crowding us out.

*I would even say that it's a better place to watch TFC than BMO field. I don't think anyone who's been there would disagree.

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Big ups for BOSTON!

Kevvv
09-24-2009, 01:12 PM
TFC in Boston is more likely to be a small, manageable, dedicated bunch. TFC in Columbus is an 8hr bus ride of power-drinking duty-free Bud, being obnoxious, and singing TIOH with people I've never seen before and will never see again.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 01:17 PM
TFC in Boston is more likely to be a small, manageable, dedicated bunch. TFC in Columbus is an 8hr bus ride of power-drinking duty-free Bud, being obnoxious, and singing TIOH with people I've never seen before and will never see again.

I went to Boston on a power-drinking, King-Can-Crunching bus in the first season, and it was no big deal at all.

We left around midnight or 1:00am, drove all night, and were in boston for Lunch (including the to subway into downtown). Then we had a few hours of fucking around, and then it was off to Foxoboro for the game. We left after the match, and hit the road, then were all back in Toronto early Sunday morning (like shortly after sunrise), with hangovers and bloodshoot eyes.

oh, and we lost 0-5 right? it was a shit game but we still had a blast.

Wagner
09-24-2009, 01:22 PM
who knows where we'll be Easter Weekend....

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 01:31 PM
^ if I was to guess, it would be in the midwest somewhere, if the grass isn't ready at BMO.

Bloor West FC
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Hmmmm Columbus again eh. Well maybe not I am sick of there city and stadium staff. Why can't we get Philly, they have been our hated opponents in almost every sport. Even curling I think, wait is there a league, anyways Columbus we hate but for other reasons Philly we just have a healthy rivalry. Saving my money for a great Philly trip and it better be on the weekend!!

Dave67
09-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't think the poll works? I only see one option - Boston.

KrazyKanadian
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Columbus again? Bloody hell.

Darlofletch
09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
going to new york this year if i can get the time off work. Would like to do chicago, boston or philly next year, depending on when they are. fuck columbus.

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Anyone who says "YES" they are going to Columbus, post in this thread WHY you are going.

Right now there is two of ya.

werewolf
09-24-2009, 02:03 PM
The tribe has spoken.

Razor
09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Fuck Columbus...that's all I have to say about that.

egoodwin
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Boston will rock again like it did this year...

Rudi
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
I went to Boston on a power-drinking, King-Can-Crunching bus in the first season, and it was no big deal at all.

We left around midnight or 1:00am, drove all night, and were in boston for Lunch (including the to subway into downtown). Then we had a few hours of fucking around, and then it was off to Foxoboro for the game. We left after the match, and hit the road, then were all back in Toronto early Sunday morning (like shortly after sunrise), with hangovers and bloodshoot eyes.

It was 4-0, and that trip didn't exactly follow the letter of the law. ;)

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
It was 4-0, and that trip didn't exactly follow the letter of the law. ;)

yeah, some liberties were definitely taken on that one.

my point (before nostalgia kicked in) -- Boston is still a totally doable weekend trip.

google maps says it's under 11 hours. That's long, but not too long.

drek
09-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Boston!

Dunc
09-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Why I am going if at all possible:
-I had a really good time when I went to Columbus for last season's opener.
-i'm limited in funds as well as time with school/work, columbus is the easiest trip to make
-i don't view supporting TFC as a contest to see who is the most hardcore and dedicated, so I really don't care that you guys seem to be wary of people like me going to Columbus

yes, i'll be drinking my ass off. yes, pretty much all of you wouldn't have ever seen me before, and who knows, might never see me again. but, i really don't care if anyone looks down on me for being the sort of fan who would turn up at columbus away and nothing else. i'd be going down with a bunch of buddies, most of whom aren't hardcore TFC fans, they just want to watch some football and have a good time :D

i'd like to go somewhere new, so it'll just depend on how my schedule is with exams and all.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
^ And that's how you make friends around here! :thumbsup:

Dunc
09-24-2009, 03:08 PM
^ And that's how you make friends around here! :thumbsup:

well, someone asked, so i figured i'd be totally honest. if there is anything wrong with any of what i said, feel free to point it out

olegunnar
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah, some liberties were definitely taken on that one.

my point (before nostalgia kicked in) -- Boston is still a totally doable weekend trip.

google maps says it's under 11 hours. That's long, but not too long.

Did you pick the walking directions?

takes 9 hours one way. That included a 30 minute hold up at the peace bridge on the way home this year.

Ageroo
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
well, someone asked, so i figured i'd be totally honest. if there is anything wrong with any of what i said, feel free to point it out

Nothing wrong with it at all.....I believe Roogs was complimenting your post. :)

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Did you pick the walking directions?

takes 9 hours one way. That included a 30 minute hold up at the peace bridge on the way home this year.

google map link : Toronto to Gilette Stadium (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=toronto+to+gilette+stadium&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.863178,64.775391&ie=UTF8&z=6)

did I say it was just under 11 hours?
Nope... I said that GOOGLE MAPS said it was just under 11 hours.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 03:16 PM
hmmm... seems to be an hour faster crossing in Kingston.

Kevvv
09-24-2009, 03:19 PM

Perhaps, but it wasn't 2000 power-drinking, KC crunchers either. Like the difference between a dive bar and a rave. Not that I've been to either one.

Nomad
09-24-2009, 03:19 PM
google map link : Toronto to Gilette Stadium (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=toronto+to+gilette+stadium&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.863178,64.775391&ie=UTF8&z=6)

did I say it was just under 11 hours?
Nope... I said that GOOGLE MAPS said it was just under 11 hours.

Your own link says:

I-90 E (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)
884 km 8 hours 51 mins

To be fair though, i've done the drive from here to Boston a number of times and it usually takes about 10 hours all told.

phonzo
09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Boston..missed it this year due to money..

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
now the link gives me two options, the under 9 hour one included.

all in all.... the point still stands.... it's not too far to drive / bus there for the weekend.

Nomad
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Chicago in the west, DC to the south, Boston to the east and all points in between are all very drivable.

It's KC and further it gets a bit much although people did do that KC drive this year.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 03:34 PM
It's KC and further it gets a bit much although people did do that KC drive this year.

yes, but we know those people are bonkers (hi king dave)

Mikey
09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Porter airlines to Boston for sure.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
NEW ENGLAND for sure!

but i would have no problem heading back to columbus...!

sending 1000 + to boston would be insane!

prizby
09-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Fuck Columbus,

Fuck, Fuck, Columbus

or as King Dave would say:

Columbus shit the bed

FluSH
09-24-2009, 03:51 PM
BOSTON

FluSH fully supports BOSTON... and my brothers by default will do the same...

Add +5 to Boston

SNUB COLUMBUS

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Fuck Columbus,

Fuck, Fuck, Columbus

or as King Dave would say:

Columbus shit the bed

Still think the league shit the bed on this one....;)

TFC vs SHITEBULLS in the new STADE de Shitebull would of been great choice to open it! 2000 tfc away support :)

Suds
09-24-2009, 03:58 PM
For me it's not so much about boycotting Columbus. After being to the last two openers in Columbus I'm just not that interested in doing it a third year in a row.

For me, Boston would be a way better trip on all accounts. Better city to visit in general, great people, and the accounts from those who have been to a game there have nothing but good things to say. And cost will not be that much more. Quick drive to Buffalo and a cheap flight and it's not that much more than most other away games.

So, I'm all for Boston. Come next year I hope to see the supporters groups add this to the official away games.

CretanBull
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Everyone from Boston that I've met has been cool....lets just say that the same isn't true of Columbus. Beantown gets my tourist dollars.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
85 people voted so far, I am hoping we can get a couple of hundred votes on this poll to get a good feel for what people intend to do for Columbus. Right now we are sitting at about 12% of voters said they are going, which would indicate a substantially smaller group than previous trips.

That being said, minds get changed in the offseason and schedules can come into conflict. But current indications are that you'd be lucky to pull 500 travellers to Columbus.

And Boston is looking like a beast!

rowan
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
i'll be in Columbus.

For those that have been on some of the more colourful trips - Columbus 09 wasn't any worse than DC 08 where we were shepparded out into a group of waiting DC supporters, or Montreal 08 with the "ultras"

James Oliphant
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I love Boston, and I have yet to see TFC at Foxboro, so this is a no-brainer.

I might make this a long, long weekend...try to get tix for Red Sox-Yankees on the Thursday. They're on the road for the weekend.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
i'll be in Columbus.

For those that have been on some of the more colourful trips - Columbus 09 wasn't any worse than DC 08 where we were shepparded out into a group of waiting DC supporters, or Montreal 08 with the "ultras"

It was different.

Both those venues have since heeded our advice and made changes. I was there for the 2nd trip to DC and let me tell you, security was VERY much aware of their jobs and were on top of everything.

Columbus pretty much shrugged their shoulders and said the entire fault lies with us. There is a massive difference in attitudes between the cities you cite.

Screw them.

Kaz
09-24-2009, 04:50 PM
If I get the job I'm interviewing for I may have the cash to make the New England game.. be neat to go with my brother (a big fan of boston as a place.)

Cannon
09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
It was different.

Both those venues have since heeded our advice and made changes. I was there for the 2nd trip to DC and let me tell you, security was VERY much aware of their jobs and were on top of everything.

Columbus pretty much shrugged their shoulders and said the entire fault lies with us. There is a massive difference in attitudes between the cities you cite.

Screw them.

Agree 100% here. Went to both Columbus and DC this year and it was no contest. DC was pure class, no problems what-so-ever. Columbus on the other hand was just a shit show :boxing:

Marco2K
09-24-2009, 05:32 PM
I posted yes cause i thought the past 2 years was fun but i want to go with 2000 others so i looks LIke BOSTON it will be.

forza_tfc
09-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but I am damn excited that TFC supporters are coming to Foxboro en masse. Since moving to Mass I missed the atmosphere at TFC games. I've been turning my friends down here into TFC fans, and they can't wait for a 2-3,000 person visit. Please make it happen!

Super
09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm all for a return trip to Boston.

egoodwin
09-24-2009, 06:27 PM
I hope it's not a 2,000-3,000 show of support... That kind of numbers puts quantity over quality... I'd be happiest with what we brought this year, and maybe 50-100 more like-minded supporters... anything more than, say 1,000, and there is a risk of douchebag stragglers going, not to support the team or anything, but just to say they were there and part of it...

I am particular with my road trip choices, and I prefer the 100 or so person trips over the massive 1,000+

On a side note, Columbus trip #2, in 2007 was probably one of the best I've been on...

canadian_bhoy
09-24-2009, 07:21 PM
If I have the money, I'll be in Columbus again next season for the opener.

The drive down was amazing last year, breakfast with everyone was great, waiting for Jack at the post office sucked, pre-game tailgate was great, game was great, carver fist pump to the crowd was great, post game, great, smoked jerk wings/bbq ribs/brisket great. Drive back was great.

boycotts are stupid.

I'll have to check with techno to see if we can officially launch the shotgun express once again.

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 07:35 PM
I hope it's not a 2,000-3,000 show of support... That kind of numbers puts quantity over quality... I'd be happiest with what we brought this year, and maybe 50-100 more like-minded supporters... anything more than, say 1,000, and there is a risk of douchebag stragglers going, not to support the team or anything, but just to say they were there and part of it...

I am particular with my road trip choices, and I prefer the 100 or so person trips over the massive 1,000+

On a side note, Columbus trip #2, in 2007 was probably one of the best I've been on...

What is the phrase?

You can't always get what you want....

I don't think it will be 2,000 in Boston, but it will be much bigger than this years Boston trip.

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Chicago in the west, DC to the south, Boston to the east and all points in between are all very drivable.

Include me in that group. :D

pekduck
09-24-2009, 09:54 PM
hmm.. how do i work out the logistics...

go to philly to watch Sons of Ben vs Barra Brava, kick off at 3pm, stay 1st half...

somehow get to Boston/Foxborough for TFC kick off at 7pm...

fly/train/space and time shift?

hmmm

edit: back on topic, out of all the MLS FOs out there, columbus's one is the least competent of them all... that plus the population there... sigh...they make the rest of USA look smart

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-24-2009, 10:33 PM
I, personally, am shipping up to Boston.

RicoSuave44
09-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Been to away matches in Boston and Columbus. I'm holding out for NYC and Philly next year.

And if I have lots of money, guess what.... I'm going to Columbus and Boston as well. :D

Yagbod
09-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I want to go to Columbus, because next year I will finally be able to afford to take a trip like that. I know Boston is a great city, but I want to go to support the team despite the lack of hospitality. Start the season off right.

Have they 'won' by chasing us away? That worries me. I say stand up and flood Columbus again. Where they go, I follow. When I can afford to.

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 11:58 PM
hmm.. how do i work out the logistics...

go to philly to watch Sons of Ben vs Barra Brava, kick off at 3pm, stay 1st half...

somehow get to Boston/Foxborough for TFC kick off at 7pm...

fly/train/space and time shift?

hmmm

edit: back on topic, out of all the MLS FOs out there, columbus's one is the least competent of them all... that plus the population there... sigh...they make the rest of USA look smart

No offense Kev, but how is this even a consideration? (I hope you were joking)

We'll go to Philly when TFC plays them IN Philly.

I don't understand why you'd skip out on TFC/NE for a game between to other teams....

Ossington Mental Youth
09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
I want to go to Columbus, because next year I will finally be able to afford to take a trip like that. I know Boston is a great city, but I want to go to support the team despite the lack of hospitality. Start the season off right.

Have they 'won' by chasing us away? That worries me. .

Me too, granted im not part of a supporters group but if anything the lack of hospitality would make me want to go back and show them what real supporters are about even if we cant have flags banners etc. I cant say i really believe the whole 'rivalry being forced down our throats' thing. We do have a rivalry with them primarily out of the shit talking that Bill Archer does, sure some of it is made up but its more there than with NY or NE or DCU. Id obviously say Montreal is our top rival but Columbus is damn near close. Once again im not part of a supporters group but thats my opinion

AL-MO
09-25-2009, 12:04 AM

Have they 'won' by chasing us away? That worries me. I say stand up and flood Columbus again. Where they go, I follow. When I can afford to.

Huh?

Columbus haven't won shit. MLS/Crew FO are pushing us to the edge. As long as they can get a large number of TFC Supporters to come for their home opener, they will continue to do this.

Its time we stand up, call them on it, and say "Fuck You, we are going somewhere else to start the season".

I'll go back to C-bus for the playoffs or the CCL. Other than that, not a chance.

prizby
09-25-2009, 01:58 AM

during these economic times, i would expect Columbus and the Crew to try to make themselves somewhat attractive to attend. Why would I spend money on going to Columbus and not be allowed to support my team fully when I can go to Chicago, DC, Philly, New York, New England, spend about the same amount of money and not have to be told I can't bring my flag into the stadium as all the home team fans bring their's...i will not pay for any bullshit columbus dug themselves a deep hole and well if they don't like money ...that'll be a first

Red CB Toronto
09-25-2009, 02:18 AM
I will go to Columbus for sure, just to have fun and enjoy it, heck it is the opening of the season so I have to. I think we just have to be positive about it and not let it get to us. Shit will only happen if there is a reason for it, so don't make one. Have Fun.

I always look froward to New York City, even more next year with Red Bull Arena, no more crowds of 10,000 at Giant Stadium, it simply sucks there to watch a game, but hey it is the Reds. I love New York because after the game you can back to mid-town, have a world class meal and then head out to the clubs for a night of drinks, dancing and hot chicks.

NF-FC
09-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Why can't we start in DC, I'm so fucking sick of Columbus

Red CB Toronto
09-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Why can't we start in DC, I'm so fucking sick of Columbus
The Reds for the record did not start the season a the Crew last year, they were in K.C.

SQUIRREL
09-25-2009, 06:47 AM
The Reds for the record did not start the season a the Crew last year, they were in K.C.

Your right....but We were Columbus' first game and that was the highlighted game for MLS. I don't have a problem with people going to Columbus, I hope you have a blast(maybe we get our first win there), but the last two years of bringing large crowds to Columbus and I'm bored... If it was up to me (which it's not) we should open up the year with different teams and have a large groups attend a different city every year. Can you picture bringing a large group to a great sports cities like Boston, New York, Philly, ect. and the things that you can do after in those cities. I personally like to see different cities, the culture in Boston and New York are much different then in Columbus.

but I guess to each their own

Red CB Toronto
09-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Your right....but We were Columbus' first game and that was the highlighted game for MLS. I don't have a problem with people going to Columbus, I hope you have a blast(maybe we get our first win there), but the last two years of bringing large crowds to Columbus and I'm bored... If it was up to me (which it's not) we should open up the year with different teams and have a large groups attend a different city every year. Can you picture bringing a large group to a great sports cities like Boston, New York, Philly, ect. and the things that you can do after in those cities. I personally like to see different cities, the culture in Boston and New York are much different then in Columbus.

but I guess to each their own

Hey I would take New York anyday over going to Columbus, even more with the new Red Bull Arena set to open, have gone to New York in each of the first two seasons and will be heading down in a few weeks for the final game of the regular season, so yes when it comes to cities NYC comes out on top as a place to go.

TFC_Junky
09-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Fuck Columbus. Boston is totally where it's at for me and the mrs. this year. KC was wicked last year, hopefully Boston will be just a good.

NY would definitly be a sweet trip this year as well with their new stadium and all...

SQUIRREL
09-25-2009, 07:11 AM
New York would be great, but if everybody here wants to do Boston....I'm definitely in for a BIG showing in beantown. We can go with a smaller crew to New York or do New York the year after. Is New Yorks stadium finished at the beginning of next year or the end of next year????

Fort York Redcoat
09-25-2009, 08:10 AM
The first Columbus trip of the year was special and was a time for TFC supporters to feel proud of their numbers. With the Columbus Crew doing so much to dilute our experience and their being so many options to visit other cities the time spent travelling would be better suited elsewhere.

I'm with Al on the CCL matchup, though. That's priority one.

Section 117
09-25-2009, 08:26 AM
have been to Columbus 3 times last time in July of this year....

I can honestly say that the staff in Crew stadium specifically Steve the security guard did a great job. I spoke to their FO a couple of times after the trip and I realized it is not so much the FO staff and security it is the bloody cops....

After the trip in July I spoke to the head of stadium security and I voiced by concerns about how I was targeted by a cop all game and we actually had a confrence call with the police. I explained everything that happened from pre game to post game and I actually got an apology from the police.

But I am still not going I hate Columbus...

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 08:39 AM

we can set you up with a 'hardcore points counter' at the trip approvals desk.
it's for quality control really - we just can't let anyone spend their money to go on a trip.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure the guys on the field would rather see 2000 people in the stands instead of your 50-100 'like minded supporters'.

deltox
09-25-2009, 08:49 AM
red bull arena will be ready at the beginning of next season

C.Ronaldo
09-25-2009, 08:55 AM
saving up for philly

Roogsy
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
The %s have dropped from about 3/4 going to New England, to about 65%. Still a very strong number. I'd say Boston is the trip of the year for next season!

I'd like to see us take at least 1000 people. And I bet New England will greet us more warmly (and better prepared) than Clownbus.

DOMIN8R
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Not going back (might consider it in 2011) to Columbus with the exception of a playoff game.

That team's FO has pissed me off waaaaaay too much for me to forgive for a while.

Boston it is.

SQUIRREL
09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I think 1000 is attainable/ realistic, if we are organized.

SQUIRREL
09-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Previous Day (https://www.flyporter.com/fly/Select.aspx##) Next Day (https://www.flyporter.com/fly/Select.aspx##)
Departing Flight
Toronto (YTZ) to Boston (BOS)
Friday, Apr 02, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm (http://javascript<b></b>:winopenfare('../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#firm');) Flexible (http://javascript<b></b>:winopenfare('../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#flexible');) Freedom (http://javascript<b></b>:winopenfare('../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#freedom');)
939 09:00 10:35 - $119 $529
941 14:30 16:05 - $119 $529

Previous Day (https://www.flyporter.com/fly/Select.aspx##) Next Day (https://www.flyporter.com/fly/Select.aspx##)
Return Flight
Boston (BOS) to Toronto (YTZ)
Sunday, Apr 04, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm (http://javascript<b></b>:winopenfare('../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#firm');) Flexible (http://javascript<b></b>:winopenfare('../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#flexible');) Freedom (http://javascript<b></b>:winopenfare('../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#freedom');)
940 10:15 12:00 - $119 $529
942 15:00 16:45 - $119 $529

so $240 each person (roundtrip)and the flight is from Toronto to Boston

-others will drive down or take a bus. Very affordable for the distance your travelling
and I'm sure through expedia and other sites like that you will find cheaper flights.

This should be a great trip.

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 12:15 PM
And I bet New England will greet us more warmly (and better prepared) than Clownbus.

From my experience in Foxboro in the past:

1 - the Midnight Riders are a very good group, and are a lot like us.
2 - the stadium knows how to deal with NFL crowds, and knows how to deal with our numbers.

Technorgasm
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
SHOTGUN EXPRESS

2!!!!!!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Tooooooooowwwwnie!

Townie!

TFC115
09-25-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181565

they got some things to say about us complaining about the FO and the police (be it how stupid they are)

canadian_bhoy
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
SHOTGUN EXPRESS

2!!!!!!!

Tooooooooowwwwnie!

Townie!

Da dun dun da dun da da da da dun

zgByiienI6w

JonO
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
You're an embarrasment to lager...

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
wow... bill archer is a really angry old fart. who knew?

Technorgasm
09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
You're an embarrasment to lager...

Like you know when you show up to a tailgate
and everyone is right wasted and you know that the only way to catch up is to SHOTGUN a few beers so you can be right wasted too?

The tri lambs of Ohio are going to get the alfa treatment!!

Out of the way momma I wanna get a piece of that muff!!

Hahaha

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181565

they got some things to say about us complaining about the FO and the police (be it how stupid they are)
lol... I was tempted to tell them off, but I'll just express my thoughts here.

As someone in that thread said, you shouldn't piss in someone's pool and then expect an invite back, but in the same way, if you invite someone to come swimming in a pool full of piss, don't expect them back anytime soon. Also, not a good idea to Taser people for no reason. Doesn't leave a great impression.

canadian_bhoy
09-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Like you know when you show up to a tailgate
and everyone is right wasted and you know that the only way to catch up is to SHOTGUN a few beers so you can be right wasted too?

The tri lambs of Ohio are going to get the alfa treatment!!

Out of the way momma I wanna get a piece of that muff!!

Hahaha

http://brookeamanda.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/booger_2490.jpg

"We got dates!"
- Not just dates, pie's
"what does pie stand for?"
-- Hair pie
"what is that?"
--(whispers in ear)
"ohh....I drink to that".

SmokedPanda
09-25-2009, 05:36 PM
if people just didn't damage property in other stadiums then we would have one less thing to argue about

impact fo gave us proper security, they gave us extra porta potty as well and i still saw several broken seats at saputo stadium

i also saw people posting up the pictures of the broken seats from saputo stadium and bringing them back to Toronto as well

why must these animals break stuff in other peoples buildings?

AL-MO
09-25-2009, 05:53 PM
if people just didn't damage property in other stadiums then we would have one less thing to argue about

impact fo gave us proper security, they gave us extra porta potty as well and i still saw several broken seats at saputo stadium

i also saw people posting up the pictures of the broken seats from saputo stadium and bringing them back to Toronto as well

why must these animals break stuff in other peoples buildings?

You obviously weren't in MTL last year....

SmokedPanda
09-25-2009, 07:22 PM
AL-MO i was in mtl in 2008 and for 2009, did they not do a better job this year? they gave us more security, they kept us inside the stadium until all the home supporters left, they gave us porta pottys right under our supporters section, they had police patrolling the path from the stadium to the metro...... impact fo did everything Columbus fo should have done this year to make up for their own mistakes of mishandling the crowd control

however that does not explain why certain tfc supporters still have the need to break off chairs from other stadiums or jump on guard rails to break them

WHITEY
09-25-2009, 07:27 PM
AL-MO i was in mtl in 2008 and for 2009, did they not do a better job this year? they gave us more security, they kept us inside the stadium until all the home supporters left, they gave us porta pottys right under our supporters section, they had police patrolling the path from the stadium to the metro...... impact fo did everything Columbus fo should have done this year to make up for their own mistakes of mishandling the crowd control

however that does not explain why certain tfc supporters still have the need to break off chairs from other stadiums or jump on guard rails to break them

I agree breaking shit in other stadiums is a dogshittery act, but when there is a large number of people together in one place like we had in Columbus and this year in Montreal you will have a few dumbasses that think it will be soooo cool break a seat or a gaurdrail. Not much you can do about those guys because even if we are treated like kings get our asses wiped for us or get treated like we did in Columbus these few people will perform these dogshit acts of breaking shit.

Cashcleaner
09-26-2009, 02:29 AM
You obviously weren't in MTL last year....

Yeah, but the thing is, Montreal screwed up once. They learned from their mistake and our trip this year was pretty sweet.

I don't really see Columbus doing the same.

uncle p
09-26-2009, 11:24 AM
[quote=SmokedPanda;734055]AL-MO i was in mtl in 2008 and for 2009, did they not do a better job this year? they gave us more security, they kept us inside the stadium until all the home supporters left, they gave us porta pottys right under our supporters section, they had police patrolling the path from the stadium to the metro...... impact fo did everything Columbus fo should have done this year to make up for their own mistakes of mishandling the crowd control

Yeah, and the home supporters couldnt fuck off fast enough this year LOL

Im going to Clownbus next year but will somewhat respect the supporters boycott and leave all RPB gear at home

BuSaPuNk
09-26-2009, 01:08 PM

I think this year they didn't try to keep us in we just stayed and celebrated as long as we could! Didn't look like anyone wanted to leave anyways. The trophy presentation and them coming over to us lasted about 45 mins anyways. Then there was the partying under the bleachers for about 25 mins until we all marched out.

Money permitting I would be up for Boston for sure. Fuck Clownbus! This years trip was great don't get me wrong but they don't fucking deserve a fucking cent of money from us in ticket sales, beer sales, ect....

We have shown the other supporters groups that we are capable of bring 1000-2500 strong for a match. Time to move on to bigger and better fish. Imagine 1500 in Philly or NY.

egoodwin
09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Departing Flight
Toronto (YTZ) to Boston (BOS)
Friday, Apr 02, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:winopenfare%28%27../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#firm%27%29;) Flexible (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:winopenfare%28%27../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#flexible%27%29;) Freedom (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:winopenfare%28%27../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#freedom%27%29;)
939 09:00 10:35 - $119 $529
941 14:30 16:05 - $119 $529

Return Flight
Boston (BOS) to Toronto (YTZ)
Sunday, Apr 04, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:winopenfare%28%27../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#firm%27%29;) Flexible (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:winopenfare%28%27../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#flexible%27%29;) Freedom (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:winopenfare%28%27../en/fare_structure_popup.aspx#freedom%27%29;)
940 10:15 12:00 - $119 $529
942 15:00 16:45 - $119 $529

so $240 each person (roundtrip)and the flight is from Toronto to Boston

-others will drive down or take a bus. Very affordable for the distance your travelling
and I'm sure through expedia and other sites like that you will find cheaper flights.

This should be a great trip.
that's a waste...

Fly out of Buffalo on US Airways, and book off Expedia... that's what I did for this year, and with the hotel for 2 nights it was $460

Thing with flying to Boston, you need to rent a car too, which can get quite expensive, as the stadium has non-existant transit to it

cmonyoureds
09-26-2009, 09:39 PM
columbus a third time or go see a different stadium, in a beautiful city, not to mention not having see columbus play again. see you in Boston. (plus the three others that do the opener road trip with me)

Razcle
09-27-2009, 07:41 AM

HA...KC drive is simple if you have 4 people that each drive 4 hours at a time. We had one slacker .hummmmm...DJ Yohan...who doesn't drive so he screwed up that rhythem. Just kidding. Its still doable if you have some good company.

FluSH
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
HA...KC drive is simple if you have 4 people that each drive 4 hours at a time. We had one slacker .hummmmm...DJ Yohan...who doesn't drive so he screwed up that rhythem. Just kidding. Its still doable if you have some good company.

The one thing I did notice with the KC drive is that you could clearly tell who drove and who didn't... I picked out everyone that drove to KC because they looked exhausted as fck! and after the match it got even worse for them... I felt sorry for some of these guys...

Trust me.. yeah it's more loot but well worth it to Fly...

AL-MO
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
I'd drive again if it was a BIG game, or the opener. If its the middle of the season, I'd probably fly.

Canadian Blue
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
I chose the bikini and beaches option only because I have been on enough road tripd to know that TFC on the road does not deserve my hard earned money

TFCUNITED
09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I picked the last one because I will probably not make it to either one.

Keyman
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I had excellent Mexican food in Columbus!

Cashcleaner
09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
The one thing I did notice with the KC drive is that you could clearly tell who drove and who didn't... I picked out everyone that drove to KC because they looked exhausted as fck! and after the match it got even worse for them... I felt sorry for some of these guys...

Trust me.. yeah it's more loot but well worth it to Fly...

We had the same person (Drummer Boy) drive us all the way there and back for the KC trip. We did take things nice and easy though. Stopped off to eat and sleep in De Moines on the way down and someplace in the middle of Michigan on the return trip. To be honest, that's the best way to go.

I had excellent Mexican food in Columbus!

I remember La Hacienda. :yum:

TFC John
09-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Like most people: I'm done with Clownbus.

However, I refuse to spend money in a town that doesn't have a SSS. I know no one else shares this philosophy, but it is a point of principle to me. If you buy a ticket in a stadium with gridiron lines you are saying you don't mind seeing them.

I won't go to Boston until they pony up and build a proper stadium. If NY gets their stadium ready for next year I will definitely go there. After watching this league for 3 years I have come to only one conclusion - money talks. They are not about beautiful football or respect for the game. They are about money - first, last and always.

Therefore, to get my money they must meet my demand of building a proper stadium for me to watch the game. I am willing to miss out on the short-term fun of going to Boston now in the hope that sometime in the future my financial incentive will help convince some politician that building a stadium is worthwhile.

I imagine a day when a Revolution FO lobbyist is making a presentation to the Boston City Council where he or she says "If you build this new stadium more visiting fans will come to the city and spend ridiculous amounts of money." I'm willing to do my little part in making that a true statement. Maybe it never make a difference, but strong principles and lost causes have always appealed to me.

FluSH
09-28-2009, 08:21 AM
I chose the bikini and beaches option only because I have been on enough road tripd to know that TFC on the road does not deserve my hard earned money

Blue check your PM's!!!!

Keystone FC
09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
I'll be going to CBus because I support TFC no matter what city they play in plus I'm so close I cannot not go, BUT I intend to make the trip to Boston for a proper opening bash.

MUFC_Niagara
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I'll likely do Columbus. I personally had no problems and tbh the trouble I witnessed was started by people in the TFC group. I might do Boston instead though.

james
09-30-2009, 08:51 PM
people make columbus out to be alot worse then it really was. It was just a few guys fighting, nothin big. Ive exsperinced fights at BMO field against are own fans and in Montreal that were just the same.

Ive had fun in Columbus, just might save my money to go somewhere different next year, tho id never go to New England as long as they play at that crappy NFL stadium, it looks brutal for Soccer. I think Chicago or New York will be awsome games to go to next year and New Yorks new stadium looks sweet.
:drinking:

james
09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Like most people: I'm done with Clownbus.

However, I refuse to spend money in a town that doesn't have a SSS. I know no one else shares this philosophy, but it is a point of principle to me. If you buy a ticket in a stadium with gridiron lines you are saying you don't mind seeing them.

I won't go to Boston until they pony up and build a proper stadium. If NY gets their stadium ready for next year I will definitely go there. After watching this league for 3 years I have come to only one conclusion - money talks. They are not about beautiful football or respect for the game. They are about money - first, last and always.

Therefore, to get my money they must meet my demand of building a proper stadium for me to watch the game. I am willing to miss out on the short-term fun of going to Boston now in the hope that sometime in the future my financial incentive will help convince some politician that building a stadium is worthwhile.

I imagine a day when a Revolution FO lobbyist is making a presentation to the Boston City Council where he or she says "If you build this new stadium more visiting fans will come to the city and spend ridiculous amounts of money." I'm willing to do my little part in making that a true statement. Maybe it never make a difference, but strong principles and lost causes have always appealed to me.

im the same, if people stop going to watch games at the NFL stadiums then the team will be forced to build a new stadium or move to another city. I cant watch soccer games being played on gridline fields.

gif
10-01-2009, 10:00 AM
boston for sure :)

profit89
10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Red Bull Arena !

Roogsy
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
people make columbus out to be alot worse then it really was. It was just a few guys fighting, nothin big. Ive exsperinced fights at BMO field against are own fans and in Montreal that were just the same.

Exactly. Except at BMO, the police and security knew enough to calm things down, not bring in helicopters and start tazing people.

And at BMO and Saputo, security has been willing to listen and talk. Columbus Crew FO basically gave us the big :dita:.

Things weren't so bad in Columbus that any of this should be an issue. But people decided to escalate what wa a manageable situation to one where TFC fans can't bring banners, flags or drums to that game and will likely be subject to overly enthusiastic security and police again. No thanks. I will visit a nicer city with nicer people to spend my hard-earned dollars.