PDA

View Full Version : Columbus again

Rudi
09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
:rolleyes:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/09/mls_home_openers_in_2010.html?wprss=soccerinsider

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Fuck Columbus. A no-show is the only way to get the point across that we don't want to go there anymore.

Pigfynn
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
On TFC website now http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090924&content_id=7131526&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

BC101
09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/09/mls_home_openers_in_2010.html?wprss=soccerinsider
and again and again and again... I'll probably end up going tho...

disclaimer first time and only time i'll use this....

:facepalm:

London
09-24-2009, 12:16 PM
i am going to boston the next week.

how far is boston from foxbourough?

Pigfynn
09-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Fuck Columbus. A no-show is the only way to get the point across that we don't want to go there anymore.

Did you not have fun? Other than stadium douchebaggery it was fine.

Suds
09-24-2009, 12:17 PM

I think I would do this one instead as well. Porter flies direct to Boston now.

BC101
Did you not have fun? Other than stadium douchbaggery it was fine.
thats what iam saying the pubs and such are good fun.. Shag wearing a wife beat to the pub was top class...

WHITEY
Ahhh fuck, that's dogshit.

stugautz
09-24-2009, 12:18 PM
I for one am happy. At least they're giving us ample time to complain.

Would have loved to open up Philly's stadium for them. At least they're getting a team in DC who will come with away numbers (just not TFC away numbers).

WHITEY
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
April 10th New England, that's where I'll be going.

TFC07
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Meh...I am not surprised at all. After all, they're our rivals.

rowan
09-24-2009, 12:22 PM
i'll be there.

MUFC_Niagara
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
I'll be going again.

Pigfynn
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll be going again.

Really? I may have to reconsider then.

:D

DOMIN8R
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
FFS. The home effen opener?

The soccer gods must hate us.

The only way I would consider going back would be if we did not sit together in the visiting fan section but rather spread out among the Ohioans.

That would keep interesting.

Rudi
09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
FFS. The home effen opener?

The soccer gods must hate us.

The only way I would consider going back would be if we did not sit together in the visiting fan section but rather spread out among the Ohioans.

That would keep interesting.
LOL I'll see if I can buy out the Nordecke tickets for us. :D

BC101
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll be going again.
uh oh LOL....iam defo going then LOL.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Fuck that!

I heard talk before this season that the MLS wanted to permanently make our opener in Columbus.

Did the league not pay attention to last year? We hate that place, and will NOT be going back en masse for a regular season game again.

well... see you guys in Boston.

Pat - Foxborough is like a 40 minute drive from Boston. It's far, but not terrible.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Not going. And I won't change my mind unless I hear Columbus Front Office take responsibility for last year's fiasco.

I am done with Columbus. I will be going to the following away game.

SQUIRREL
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm actually upset at this....first game in Columbus awesome, had a blast. We had alot of people there, all in all had a really good time. The second year....again....(2nd game this time)Columbus, again I go, had a good time, loved the newspaper thing we did. but it's starting to feel forced. I want to go to Philly, New York, Chicago, New England, DC, How come we never start with them. I'm starting to really dispise Columbus but not in a good way (like Toronto Maple Leafs/ Montreal Canadians or Boston Red Soxs/New York Yankees)those are rivalries I'm just bored with Columbus already.

I wish the leauge will stop pushing it down our throat.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I wish the leauge will stop pushing it down our throat.

Exactly

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Boston will be my first road game of the year (after Charleston)

billyfly
09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Nevermind that. Out home opener is pushed back b/c of - grass baby!

hazy_venus
09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
You may not like Columbus as our opener, but from the leagues stand point its the only away game that gets that kind of numbers, why wouldn't they stick with what works?

It would be nice to see other cities as the opener, but until Montreal comes in, Columbus is the closest

As far as those saying they won't go back, remember its a long offseason. ;)

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Not going. And I won't change my mind unless I hear Columbus Front Office take responsibility for last year's fiasco.

I am done with Columbus. I will be going to the following away game.

Exactly. Doesn't matter if Dichio is going to Columbus, I'm not. Fuck Columbus. Fuck their FO. Fuck their over aggressive police force.

There's bars in every city *gasp* even in Kansas City, which IMO was MUCH more fun than Columbus ever was.

See you in Boston mah fuckahs.

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM

That's why you go to Charleston first...

BC101
You may not like Columbus as our opener, but from the leagues stand point its the only away game that gets that kind of numbers, why wouldn't they stick with what works?

It would be nice to see other cities as the opener, but until Montreal comes in, Columbus is the closest

yeah history shows RPB's and Registered users go stir crazy in the offseason... and would go to the opener even if it was held in a New York City garbage dump.

MUFC_Niagara
If people have other stuff to do and can't make thats one thing, but not knowing because of the idiocy of the Columbus front office only hurts our team. Suck it up guys and lets support OUR team.

Shaughno

Why not New York? Why not Chicago? Why not DC? All of those are close enough that the distance travelled makes little to no difference.

The only way to stop this from happening? STOP FUCKING GOING.

BC101
Exactly. Doesn't matter if Dichio is going to Columbus, I'm not. Fuck Columbus. Fuck their FO. Fuck their over aggressive police force.

There's bars in every city *gasp* even in Kansas City, which IMO was MUCH more fun than Columbus ever was.

you can lie to me shag a ho but you can't lie to yourself LOL.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:36 PM

Looking forward to Boston already.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:36 PM

Exactly.
QFFT.

London
09-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Fuck that!

well... see you guys in Boston.

Pat - Foxborough is like a 40 minute drive from Boston. It's far, but not terrible.

I am going to boston for sure!!!

boston bruins vs the hurricanes at 1 pm and TFC vs the revs at 7:30 pm!!!!

hazy_venus
Why not New York? Why not Chicago? Why not DC? All of those are close enough that the distance travelled makes little to no difference.

I agree with you those cities are all close enough to make it happen, but when yet Columbus is the only one that gets the numbers.

So maybe the question should be why aren't we getting better numbers out to NY, Chicago or DC?

Shaughno

Haven't been in a while and can't wait to go back. Beautiful city, unlike Columbus' "strip", with beautiful scenery and plenty to do.

BC101
If people have other stuff to do and can't make thats one thing, but not knowing because of the idiocy of the Columbus front office only hurts our team. Suck it up guys and lets support OUR team.
They'll go... they go all nutty after like 2 weeks of no MLS... the offseason is tooooooo long and they dont watch other footy like we do LOL so they get crazy and will go to a sewer to watch TFC. Well that or Clownbus.:)

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree with you those cities are all close enough to make it happen, but when yet Columbus is the only one that gets the numbers.

So maybe the question should be why aren't we getting better numbers out to NY, Chicago or DC?

You said it yourself. People go stir crazy. If you make the first game in Boston. You'll see similar numbers, mark my words.

People are fascinated by Columbus because of our first takeover. People want to be apart of that. Stop that from happening and people will travel elsewhere.

BC101
09-24-2009, 12:40 PM
You said it yourself. People go stir crazy. If you make the first game in Boston. You'll see similar numbers, mark my words.

People are fascinated by Columbus because of our first takeover. People want to be apart of that. Stop that from happening and people will travel elsewhere.
actually i said they go stir crazy. So by proxy YOU said it (MSN staring face)

yeah history shows RPB's and Registered users go stir crazy in the offseason... and would go to the opener even if it was held in a New York City garbage dump.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 12:40 PM

2 words: season opener

Rudi
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
FYI, TFC will likely play a game on April 3.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Exactly. If our first game was Philly...I think we could've topped Columbus. But since it's Columbus, with all the garbage that has accompanied it, I am sure a good sized group will go, maybe 1000, but we will never have the same experience again. Columbus FO ensured that.

As for going stir-crazy...we wouldn't have to if this team had made it into the CCL group stage. :D

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM

back again like the first time!

(and NO jelly donuts for nascar)

London
09-24-2009, 12:43 PM
FYI, TFC will likely play a game on April 3.

probably the potential home opener, or they will throw in a road game.

When is red bull stadium opening?

billyfly
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I am going to boston for sure!!!

boston bruins vs the hurricanes at 1 pm and TFC vs the revs at 7:30 pm!!!!

Make sure to wear your Leafs jersey! :rolleyes:

Rudi
My semi-serious proposal, as I wrotye on the U-Sector board a few minutes ago:

If anything, I just say we encourage people who want to go to buy through Ticketmaster. It's not like Columbus security/police did anything for us when we packaged ourselves in a nice little containable area, so fuck it, let people spread all over the stadium.

If they don't want to provide adequate security, we shouldn't provide them the means to shepherd us all out into a nearly full-scale riot. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense to me.

I'll be going to Columbus. If we meet them in the playoffs.

Chevy
That's why you go to Charleston first...

Hmm....I think a few days in Charleston would help me get over the dissapointment of not going to columbus.

WHITEY

Fucking rights! Going to Boston for sure!

Rudi
09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
probably the potential home opener, or they will throw in a road game.

When is red bull stadium opening?
March 27, against Chicago.

deltox
09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
we just have to promote the trip we want.

if people knew there were 1000 going to boston then more would get on board.

we should make a statement that columbus is off limits unless its playoffs or CCL.

another statement that says we are all gonna hit up boston at the beginning of the season

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:46 PM

I remember that home game and how the great representation of that first Revs game by TFC fans pretty much started the ball rolling on what has become the best away support in the league by far. No team matches TFC support at away games. None.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:46 PM

If anything, I just say we encourage people who want to go to buy through Ticketmaster. It's not like Columbus security/police did anything for us when we packaged ourselves in a nice little containable area, so fuck it, let people spread all over the stadium.

If they don't want to provide adequate security, we shouldn't provide them the means to shepherd us all out into a nearly full-scale riot. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense to me.

Word Word and Word

Homey

Jbraun
09-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Columbus never again - that city is a hole - Boston is an amazing city - they will get our money this year!!

SQUIRREL

I agree, maybe nobody else agrees, but I do Shaughno. If New York was our first game and all supporters rallied/ talked about New York and making it into what we made Columbus the first year,You don't think people would go. Like everybody is saying it's a long offseason you would have tons of time to organise a huge showing.

but no another year and it's Columbus again, I wouldn't have a problem if it was 6 games in and we played them and brought that many people because we wanted to.....not because the league is trying to make us be there rivals.

sorry for the rant but in any other sport do the same teams play the first game every year??????????

Roogsy

we should make a statement that columbus is off limits unless its playoffs or CCL.

another statement that says we are all gonna hit up boston at the beginning of the season

Promote the crap out of it...I agree.

Boston baby. :hump:

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
back to the original article:

MARCH 25
Philadelphia at Seattle, 9:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

clearly the league is trying to make a marquee match by putting these two team together, and before anyone else. Philly is going to send a shit load of people, and Seattle has the space for them.

I would put hard cash down that if TFC was opening in any City other than Columbus, we'd have more traveling supporters for that first match than anywhere else in the league, and by a large margin if it was somewhere like Boston, NY or DC.

side note: I'm fucking thrilled that we can do Boston before the home opener.

lintberg
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm in for Boston!

deltox
09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
also im putting it out there.....ill be going to NY to see the team in the RBA.

we should make that a trip to remember as well........whenever the date gets released.

SQUIRREL
09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Boston Baby

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Still one of the best ever trips... minus the nascar incident. :rofl:

Fully agreed, great idea Rudi.

Exactly. Get Jack to put out a statement via email about Boston being the big trip. Something about 'don't waste money on Columbus when the fun is in Boston' or something corny like that.

I remember that home game and how the great representation of that first Revs game by TFC fans pretty much started the ball rolling on what has become the best away support in the league by far. No team matches TFC support at away games. None.

That's cause we were still flying from the first real away trip! LOL I remember I was anyway.

Wagner
09-24-2009, 12:52 PM
See you in Foxboro!!!!

(Kind of sucks, Easter is April 4 in 2010...long weekend in Beantown would have been nice)

SQUIRREL
back to the original article:

MARCH 25
Philadelphia at Seattle, 9:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

clearly the league is trying to make a marquee match by putting these two team together, and before anyone else. Philly is going to send a shit load of people, and Seattle has the space for them.

I would put hard cash down that if TFC was opening in any City other than Columbus, we'd have more traveling supporters for that first match than anywhere else in the league, and by a large margin if it was somewhere like Boston, NY or DC.

side note: I'm fucking thrilled that we can do Boston before the home opener.

I know many people don't tell you this but YOUR A SMART MAN PARKDALE..lol..lol.lol.

Whoop
There's only one way I'm going back to Columbus...

Shaughno
Cuck Folumbus

LET'S ALL GO TO BOSTON

Nodoubtguy
09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Toronto FC's home opener will be determined pending the outcome of the club's proposal to install a grass surface at BMO Field

really??

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 12:54 PM
I know many people don't tell you this but YOUR A SMART MAN PARKDALE..lol..lol.lol.

no one tells me that. ever.

:cool:

Now I'm getting really excited.... BOSTON is a great place to have a season opener.

Phil
09-24-2009, 12:54 PM
No banners, no flags, body searches.....

That means I won't be going to Columbus for the opener.

I will happily let the MLS know this.

Cashcleaner
09-24-2009, 12:55 PM

This idea wins. :D

Myself, I'm going to take a pass on Columbus as well. I know it's the season opener and while I'd certainly like to go out and show my support for the team, I just can't bring myself to revisit that jerkwater town. Twice was enough for me. I guess that leaves...

BOSTON!!!

SQUIRREL
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Where's the poll....lol..lol. kidding

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Where's the poll....lol..lol. kidding

Why not? Shoot...I will start it myself before Mighty gets a chance. :lol:

Rudi
09-24-2009, 12:59 PM
really??
Yes really.

Where have you been? :D

Nodoubtguy
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes really.

Where have you been? :D

not "Really, were getting grass??" but "really, that's all they can say?"

Wagner
09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
This is enough warning for us to get some crazy good flight deals.

Also, we should sit tight to see where we are playing Easter Weekend (as Rudi said, he's expecting another game to be sandwiched in there.)

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Does Porter fly Boston?

Wagner
not "Really, were getting grass??" but "really, that's all they can say?"

we should have a pool and a poll about the number of away games we'll start the season with as our Grass gets installed.

I'll put the early line @ 4.5 road games to start the season.

I really don't see us playing at home until May.

Nodoubtguy
Does Porter fly Boston?

yeah, think they just started the route.....

Wagner
09-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Does Porter fly Boston?

yes.
http://www.flyporter.com/fly/Search.aspx?culture=en-CA

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Two words:

BOO

YA!

Detroit_TFC
09-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Many people talking sense here - there are some away games (most actually) that aren't part of a major build up by the supporters groups. Let Columbus be one of those. Let Boston be the big away build at the start. Not a boycott but just not a build, ie you want to go, you get yourself there, you get your own tickets, etc. Let Columbus FO do whatever the hell it wants and leave us out of it.

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:12 PM
i think porter might be a tad expensive.

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
fly from buffalo....$200.

Wagner
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Roogs is the new Goldman Sachs, he controls the world/Stockmarket.

Wagner
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I really hope we're at New York for Easter!!!!

would it be hard to get from Manhattan to where this new stadium is??

edit: The stadium will be accessible via public transportation at the PATH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Authority_Trans-Hudson) train stop at Harrison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_(PATH_station)).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Arena_(MLS)

PATH train sched:
http://www.panynj.gov/path/NWK_WTC_Sat.html

olegunnar
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM

but with porter you can book up the whole plane

werewolf
09-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Boston > Columbus, in everyway possible.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM

it's not so bad if you book early.

keep in mind you'll still need to get out to foxboro somehow.

s2cazz
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
If there is an organized trip and it is decided as a group to officially go then I'm definately in... if not then fuck it....
Whatever is decided as a group will be what I do... I would love to go and I think that a healthy rivallry can be built but if FO in columbus doesn't handle it right the I want nothing to do with it... it's just unfortunate because I never had a chance to go there if things stay the same I never will...

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
well if you dont mind an hr and 15 min stop in DC, you could go from Buffalo at 6am and get to boston at 9:51 am for $94!

scooter
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
we must be steadfast in our resolution to never go back to ohio again they treat the visiting supporters like shite - never ever forget that

BOYCOTT

that said---maybe if we take over 2000 supporters to boston for our supporters groups opening game we can send a huge message to mls and curumbus that there out of line totally

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
they think they are massive.....lets not help them.

stugautz
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Hypothetically, what happens if the Columbus FO caves into our demands of

1) Separate Entrance
2) Allows us to bring flags and banners
3) Increased security surrounding our section to keep TFC fans segregated from Columbus fans

Do we make the trip?

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
i wouldnt go.....too little too late

maninb
me and the lads won't be spending another penny in that sh*thole C-bus....Boston it is....

Roogsy
In my opinion, it would be a demonstration or acknowledgement of their responsibility for last year, and I personally would reconsider yes. However, the chances of that happenings are about the same as TFC winning the MLS Cup this year.

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:26 PM
^so youll take it one game at a time......play the best squad on the day.

scooter
09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
well if you dont mind an hr and 15 min stop in DC, you could go from Buffalo at 6am and get to boston at 9:51 am for $94!

boston is like an 11 hr drive from toronto---and its mostly highway so a little boring but minivans or buses would be viable mode of transport and should not be too expensive if booked ahead:canada::canada::canada:

Wagner
09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I'll throw this out there....
if the Crew FO is reading this...
the only way I'll CONTEMPLATE coming back:

1) 500 free tickets to be distributed by TFC Supporter groups as a good will token.
2) Dedicated entrance/exit just for us, with barriers set up.
3) we are allowed to bring Flags/Banners into the stadium
4) double the amount of port-o-potties
5) Trained security guards that don't carry tasers

and this is just a starting point. (you'll still make money from beer sales, and we'll fill up your local hotels)

Otherwise, you'll only see us if we meet in the playoffs.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 01:29 PM

1) 500 free tickets to be distributed by TFC Supporter groups as a good will token.

and this is just a starting point. (you'll still make money from beer sales, and we'll fill up your local hotels)

and a church/wedding/funeral for me to pee on!!!

werewolf
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM

This is what I was going to post, but I didn't want to dignify them (Clmbs) with a response.

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Unless it's a playoff game, regardless of free tickets or not. I AM NOT GOING BACK. I really don't see the point in wasting money there. More fun can be had in other places.

WHITEY
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Hypothetically, what happens if the Columbus FO caves into our demands of

1) Separate Entrance
2) Allows us to bring flags and banners
3) Increased security surrounding our section to keep TFC fans segregated from Columbus fans

Do we make the trip?

Fuck that dogshit of a ass smelling town

deltox
come one....$94!!!!! thats a steal!

BC101
LOL i dunno if iam going but if the RPB PRES or exec committee said its an official group policy of not going then I wouldn't. Which is odd for me to say since i fight em on most things LOL. But on stuff like that i'll just go along with. But until then going isn't out of the realm of possibility for ANYONE. Esp knowing what yer like when you haven't seen MLS for like a week and a half. Your blood turns cold you get ants in your pants and you start freaking out. Like a heroine addict who has gone cold turkey.

maninb
Any money that a-hole Bill Archer will be whining about how the TFC fans are now 'boycotting' C-bus for no good reason....

stugautz
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Unless it's a playoff game, regardless of free tickets or not. I AM NOT GOING BACK. I really don't see the point in wasting money there. More fun can be had in other places.

Are we going for fun or to support TFC? Or both?

Suds
Bostonians are some of the best people I've ever met ... go there!

Wagner
Without the Hot Cash Injection we give their city.
(and the Hot Beef Injection we give their women.)

in 2011 or 2012, we'll have the Las Vegas Crew. ;)

Massive??

stugautz
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Bostonians are some of the best people I've ever met ... go there!

+1 Had a blast there in August.

And the North End has some amazing food.

maninb
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Without our Hot Cash Injection we give their city.
(and the Hot Beef Injection we give their women.)

in 2011 or 2012, we'll have the Las Vegas Crew. ;)

Or move them to Rochester, revive that dumb ferry and have a by-sea invasion....

Ageroo
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Well...after reading through this I will say I am not going. Did not go the first invasion...did not go the last invasion. Everyone's input on that sess pool has made up my mind a while ago.....I will be looking forward to other trips...:)

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM

I support the team above all else. But I don't need any hassles from friends and my employer about taking my family into something that is perceived as a dangerous situation as it was reported this year. I support the team from Shoeless, Archies, or other places, all of which counts as much as support as actually being at the game (doing my part to increase TV viewership numbers).

But while I travel to other places, I hope to have some semblance of fun - I'm usually there for 2-3 days. I've been to Columbus twice in three years. Given the choice, I'd rather spend my money here than go back.

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 01:39 PM

I go to support TFC, but once the game is over it's a night on the town. I'd much rather spend my money on a city that deserves it, than that shithole.

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
I support the team above all else. But I don't need any hassles from friends and my employer about taking my family into something that is perceived as a dangerous situation as it was reported this year. I support the team from Shoeless, Archies, or other places, all of which counts as much as support as actually being at the game (doing my part to increase TV viewership numbers).

But while I travel to other places, I hope to have some semblance of fun - I'm usually there for 2-3 days. I've been to Columbus twice in three years. Given the choice, I'd rather spend my money here than go back.

Amen brother, afuckingmen. Been there, done that and don't plan to do it again... sans playoffs.

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Amen brother, afuckingmen. Been there, done that and don't plan to do it again... sans playoffs.

Hell, not even playoffs will change my mind.

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Columbus opener three years in a row? Seems like they are going to try to cash in again.

I say FUCK THAT, and FUCK THEM!

I haven't read the whole thread but I say we go to the next road game (slated as NE right now)

:scarf:

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Unless you go to every single away game, this argument is irrelevant. We have a limited number of away games we can attend and so it's up to us which ones to choose.

Can we not also support TFC in Boston?

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
this yr we opened in KC

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
this yr we opened in KC

Well aware of that. I was there personally.

But they still put Columubus @ the beginning knowing and hoping we'd go in large numbers.

If we keep going in numbers, they'll keep scheduling that game at the beginning of the season.

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
this yr we opened in KC

But the big trip was still Columbus... which I tried to convince people NOT to go to last year...

WE NEED TO STOP GOING THERE. FULL STOP.

CoachGT
09-24-2009, 01:48 PM
We have been Columbus' home opener twice now already, and next year will be three.

WHITEY
09-24-2009, 01:48 PM
But the big trip was still Columbus... which I tried to convince people NOT to go to last year...

WE NEED TO STOP GOING THERE. FULL STOP.

Damn straight!

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 01:55 PM
We have been Columbus' home opener twice now already, and next year will be three.

That's probably what I meant to say. :)

deltox
09-24-2009, 01:57 PM
and we will go no more

lets make that a group commitment.

we are an organized group. collectively we say HELL NO WE WONT GO.

AL-MO
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
and we will go no more

Agreed. Except for playoffs or CCL. :p

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
and we will go no more

thats all it'd take to stop me from going is the execs or pres saying "its not on"... Once that officially happens all whats being said here is hear and or say.

deltox
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
^of course
i wouldnt roll around in shit

but if it was for the cup.....then i would........it only makes sense

drek
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Never been to columbus, but went to boston this year and all I can say is it's definetly worth the trip!

I drove this year, probably about $150 in gas (Yaris whatup) and now porter flies there. I checked porter today, and it looks like if you book nice and early it's $119 both ways. So for me a $100 premium to cut 16 hours of travel and discomfort? Sign me up!

Go Go Boston!

Phil
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
thats all it'd take to stop me from going is the execs or pres saying "its not on"... Once that officially happens all whats being said here is hear and or say.

Its not on.

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Its not on.
ok thanks not going then :)

deltox
09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
id rather fly from buffalo and save the $100

Nodoubtguy
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Never been to columbus, but went to boston this year and all I can say is it's definetly worth the trip!

I drove this year, probably about $150 in gas (Yaris whatup) and now porter flies there. I checked porter today, and it looks like if you book nice and early it's $119 both ways. So for me a $100 premium to cut 16 hours of travel and discomfort? Sign me up!

Go Go Boston!

$119 each way, $355 after taxes

Phil
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
ok thanks not going then :)

I will always leave playoffs as a possibility LOL.

It would take a pretty massive effort from Columbus FO to repair the damage at this point.

Never say never, but with the way Columbus FO handled themselves I wouldn't want to have an organized effort to go there.

Ageroo
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM

It would take a pretty massive effort from Columbus FO to repair the damage at this point.

Never say never, but with the way Columbus FO handled themselves I wouldn't want to have an organized effort to go there.

The VP has spoken.......:D

deltox
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
so we play the first week....then have a Bye week....then the NE?

no game second week for us?

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM

playoffs are always i'll go anywhere.. Up to and including hell itself. Which I guess Clownbus is like the 6th level of...

But yeah now that its official group policy I wont go for regular season.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
considering the news just broke a few hours ago (thanks rudi)...

well Phil's now said it. --

NO TO COLUMBUS - YES TO BOSTON

Ageroo
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM

Nice signature Parky.....:)

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM

if it was serious then shouldn't have you guys said no officially like after march? I know we did say no to the second trip but like I'd have expected to be like "OK no more going back period unless A reason or B reason" stop trying to pick arguments with me... tired of it already. Up until now theres been like no "official official" thread about it or anything just sort of a groups complaining about it... But theres been complaints since like year one about CLownbus.

dow117
09-24-2009, 02:14 PM
We must have short memories... Columbus fans, FO and police treated us badly in the first 2 years. The town itself is a shithole of preppy Ohio Sate bars. We should organize for Boston .. let the OhIoans fill their own goddam stadium... they miss us already !!! Don't go !!

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
if it was serious then shouldn't have you guys said no officially like after march? I know we did say no to the second trip but like I'd have expected to be like "OK no more going back period unless A reason or B reason" stop trying to pick arguments with me... tired of it already. Up until now theres been like no "official official" thread about it or anything just sort of a groups complaining about it... But theres been complaints since like year one about CLownbus.

there's two real issues:

1) our experiences in columbus have been shit (tazers, peperspray, my photo in the paper)

2) the league seems to dictate that TFC in Columbus will be a regular thing.

now that issue #2 is more than just a kooky internet theory, it's time to take a stand.

personally, I said I was never going back after the first time, and now everyone seems to agree.

Rudi
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
The letter I wrote to Columbus on behalf of the supporters groups was pretty clear about that.

And it was posted here.

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:24 PM
there's two real issues:

1) our experiences in columbus have been shit (tazers, peperspray, my photo in the paper)

2) the league seems to dictate that TFC in Columbus will be a regular thing.

now that issue #2 is more than just a kooky internet theory, it's time to take a stand.

personally, I said I was never going back after the first time, and now everyone seems to agree.

I knew about the pepperspray of year 2 cos I was like right there.. and the tazing i got pics of... But still I was just waiting for word from the group as a group about it and not just individuals thats all i meant to say. I dont' wanna say am not going then end up getting told "Told you so" when the group started up a trip see?

Phil
09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Its all good and I get your point BC, thats why I made the post.

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Its all good and I get your point BC, thats why I made the post.
oh i knew you got it LOL... thanks

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
I dont' wanna say am not going then end up getting told "Told you so" when the group started up a trip see?

yeah, I see your point.

now that it's 'official' - it's safe to say another city is a better option.

BC101
09-24-2009, 02:28 PM
yeah, I see your point.

now that it's 'official' - it's safe to say another city is a better option.
Philly LOL.. Although i've never been to Boston...

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Boston is pretty killer.

It's a HUGE NFL stadium, which has good and bad points.

good - they understand tailgating and have real security doing crowd control.
bad - it's huge, and far away from anything

MartinUtd
09-24-2009, 02:37 PM
ugh... not going to Columbus again. 2008 was enough for me and after what I read about this years opener I don't think I'll ever go back.

Shit stadium, shit fans, shit city.

FluSH
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
WE ARE NOT GOING

SilverSamurai
09-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I was considering actually going to Columbus since I could visit a friend I haven't seen since she graduated from university but now that the word is no-go, I'll go visit her some other time.

WHITEY
09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Oooooohhhhhhhh
We Are Not Going
Not Going, Not Going
We Are Not Going
Oooooohhhhhhh
We Are Not Going
Not Going, Not Going
We Are Not Going

Shaughno
09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I was considering actually going to Columbus since I could visit a friend I haven't seen since she graduated from university but now that the word is no-go, I'll go visit her some other time.

Just wait for the next UFC event in Clownbus. That's why my coworker goes there. :lol:

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Remaining trip for this year, NY.

Hopeful trips for next year.

New England
Chicago
Philly
LA Galaxy again?
NY if they have the new stadium ready.

And for the Canadian Championships, Montreal for sure.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
see you in columbus....and may the masses FOLLOW!!!

I can still smell a first round visit to Columbus this fall!!! ;)

prizby
09-24-2009, 03:18 PM
enjoy going to columbus ******...i hope you have fun waving your flags and posting your posters........oh wait the Columbus FO won't let us bring any of that into the stadium

REMEMBER WHY WE DID NOT GO IN JULY!

why should we help the columbus economy when they do nothing for us

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
enjoy going to columbus idiots...i hope you have fun waving your flags and posting your posters........oh wait the Columbus FO won't let us bring any of that into the stadium

im an idiot..because i will chose to go support my team no matter the circumstance's it may involve....??

If you choose not to go ...then so be it! thats your choice....but dont call out the supporters who will choose to go to this one!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
never been to boston.......think it would be amazing to get 1000 of us down there for that game.....so as it stands...BOSTON would be my first choice....but i wouldnt stand in the way if anyone decides Columbus is the one for them!

prizby
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
im an idiot..because i will chose to go support my team no matter the circumstance's it may involve....??

If you choose not to go ...then so be it! thats your choice....but dont call out the supporters who will choose to go to this one!

I will go support my team at Columbus like I will go support my team when I'm at BMO Field

which means I will bring my flag to BMO so I will bring my flag to Columbus!

when the Columbus FO treat TFC fans as second class compared to their own fans who are allowed banners and flags, then I can't be the same fan.

I don't want to pump money into the Columbus economy only to see the taxes I pay at hotels go to pay to police to beat up on me and harrass me.

I believe I have the right to equal treatment.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I will go support my team at Columbus like I will go support my team when I'm at BMO Field

which means I will bring my flag to BMO so I will bring my flag to Columbus!

when the Columbus FO treat TFC fans as second class compared to their own fans who are allowed banners and flags, then I can't be the same fan.

I don't want to pump money into the Columbus economy only to see the taxes I pay at hotels go to pay to police to beat up on me and harrass me.

I believe I have the right to equal treatment.

cant disagree with your you there..... thats your choice and your stance...respect it 100%...

and i'll respect the guy next to you who wants to head back support his team no matter the circumstances..100%

Away support in any country never get the golden treatment.....some are lock in cages for F sakes.:D...

I'll end up choosing BOSTON FIRST!!! but if for some reason that dosent workout....i'll head to the shit hole of the USA!

WHAT NUMBERS do you guys predict for BOSTON????

If its our priority #1..i feel anything under 1000 would be disapointing with it being our 4 year!...i think that would be a great goal to reach!

prizby
09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
cant disagree with your you there..... thats your choice and your stance...respect it 100%...

and i'll respect the guy next to you who wants to head back support his team no matter the circumstances..100%

(1)Away support in any country never get the golden treatment.....some are lock in cages for F sakes.:D...

(2)I'll end up choosing BOSTON FIRST!!! but if for some reason that dosent workout....i'll head to the shit hole of the USA!

(3)WHAT NUMBERS do you guys predict for BOSTON????

(4)If its our priority #1..i feel anything under 1000 would be disapointing with it being our 4 year!...i think that would be a great goal to reach!

i didn't mean idiots as in they are idiots, it was more a frustration with columbus.

I would do a lot to spite Columbus

(1) I don't mind the cages, if its for our safety, the way it was handled in Columbus was very unsafe for any TFC fan.

(2) Boston...day after my b-day = perfect, chances of me going < 1% :( (thank you exams)

(3) 1500-1750

(4) I honestly think promoting NOT going to Columbus (to make a strong statement) should be priority#1 with Boston trip being priority 1.1

shawn6597
09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
i think it was rudi that mentioned that tfc will probably play Apr. 3 as well. If the grass hasnt yet been installed we may still be granted a NY away game or a DC away game or some equally close, equally awesome city (i havnt taken the time to look at other teams schedules so i may be wrong)

but for this reason i wouldnt carve boston in stone quite yet

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
i think it was rudi that mentioned that tfc will probably play Apr. 3 as well. If the grass hasnt yet been installed we may still be granted a NY away game or a DC away game or some equally close, equally awesome city (i havnt taken the time to look at other teams schedules so i may be wrong)

but for this reason i wouldnt carve boston in stone quite yet

interesting point.....

if the shitebulls..are in the mix...i think that would be the obvious choice to gather up the troops!......the red masses invade the new STADE DE SHITEBULL

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Is there an official New england road trip thread yet?

Azerban
09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Any money that a-hole Bill Archer will be whining about how the TFC fans are now 'boycotting' C-bus for no good reason....

to be honest this is the best reason not to go

can't wait for the impotent little rant that flows from his fat fingers

Broadview
09-24-2009, 04:20 PM
If you don't go to Columbus then the Terrorists win.

http://www.wbns10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/09/22/story_security_warning.html?sid=102

shawn6597
09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
listen rpb, here is your winter project:

MAKE A TWO-STICK (one measly twostick, not difficult)

and wherever we decide to go we will can hopefully blow them the fuck away with at least 250+ two sticks :O

Blazer
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM

40-45 minutes ... worth the drive

Bobo
09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Supporters really need to be united in not going to Columbus. If no one were to show up and large numbers head out to the following match it would make a hell of a statement to the shit hole and league, otherwise we just look like half-assed whiners. The supporter groups should take an official stance on this.

Roogsy
09-24-2009, 04:42 PM
enjoy going to columbus idiots...i hope you have fun waving your flags and posting your posters........oh wait the Columbus FO won't let us bring any of that into the stadium

why should we help the columbus economy when they do nothing for us

That's not cool Priz. While as a group our official stance is that we are not going, we are also not going to be making this into a dick-measuring contest about who is the better supporter.

Obviously most of us can't agree with the decision some will make to go, but it's theirs to make and we can certainly understand why they would want to including a) supporting the team b) season opener and c) it's a close trip.

Please remove your "idiot" comment.

Nodoubtguy
09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Remaining trip for this year, NY.

Hopeful trips for next year.

New England
Chicago
Philly
LA Galaxy again?
NY if they have the new stadium ready.

And for the Canadian Championships, Montreal for sure.

Chicago tomorrow and NYC (possibly)

next year:
Charleston (I hope)
Boston
Philly
DC
NYC
Chicago
and I'd love to do a west coast team (Galaxy or Seattle)

jabbronies
09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Not going to Columbus. If MLS knew we didn't want to have it as our opener and still went ahead and did it, then that's a slap in the face, a test against our will, or just plain cluelessness on thier part.

New England, here I come!!!

TFC RealDeal RPB
09-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm going FUCK THE CREW AND THE HSH

ensco
09-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Interesting (but expensive) 3 day weekend possibility:

Thursday April 8
TBD Yankees vs Red Sox at Fenway

Friday April 9
7.30pm Wizards at Celtics

Saturday April 10

1.00pm Hurricanes at Bruins
7.30pm TFC at New England

forza_tfc
09-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Guys--you don't understand how happy I would be if 2,000+ came to Foxboro. Since moving to Mass last year I missed the atmosphere at BMO. Could serve as the starting point of the first RPB New England chapter (I've been recruiting fans down here).

Plus, Boston is MUCH nicer than Columbass. If you're gonna spend time and money traveling, you might as well enjoy beautiful New England.

TFCUNITED
09-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I have family in Mass (mostly around the Springfield area) and it is really visiting the state. I was in Cape Cod about 1 month ago and had a blast. Boston was really nice and I want to go and see more things the next time I go because I didn't have a chance to visit Boston this time around.

TFC USA
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Fuck the Crew.

/Thread

ArmenJBX
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
We're all gunna feel so bad when TFC come home with a 5-0 victory and we weren't there :D

Wagner
09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Is there an official New england road trip thread yet?

Slow Down Turbo.

it's Sept 2009.

this game is April 2010.

lots and lots of time.
As a member, you will be notified of anything the group decides to do.

FluSH
09-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Not going to Columbus. If MLS knew we didn't want to have it as our opener and still went ahead and did it, then that's a slap in the face, a test against our will, or just plain cluelessness on thier part.

New England, here I come!!!

Excatly....

canadian_bhoy
09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
If I can afford it, I'm going. Great times this season - and hopefully a win next season!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/109870615_e863879643.jpg?v=0

HOGAN
09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Columbus was awesome. Chicago will be great.

prizby
09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
That's not cool Priz. While as a group our official stance is that we are not going, we are also not going to be making this into a dick-measuring contest about who is the better supporter.

Obviously most of us can't agree with the decision some will make to go, but it's theirs to make and we can certainly understand why they would want to including a) supporting the team b) season opener and c) it's a close trip.

Please remove your "idiot" comment.

the idiots (as stated earlier) isn't meant at our supporters but more at the frustration with columbus (as in why would anyone want to go back to a place to be poorly treated again?)

yeah i admit i prolly poorly said it...i was in class and shouldn't have been dicking off, but i think jabbronies said exactly what i wanted to say in a much nicer way other than going to new england...unfortunately that's crunch time aka exam time

James Oliphant
09-24-2009, 10:06 PM
As posted on other boards, here's my itinerary for New England:

Thursday, April 8 - Yankees @ Red Sox (MLB) - time TBD
Friday, April 9 - Wizards @ Celtics (NBA) - 7:30pm
Saturday, April 10 - Hurricanes @ Bruins (NHL) - 1:00pm
Saturday, April 10 - TFC @ Revolution (MLS) - 7:30pm

Now that's a fuckin' road trip.

flatpicker
09-24-2009, 10:08 PM
^ that's a full schedule alright!

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-24-2009, 10:19 PM
and an awesome one, at that!

Ossington Mental Youth
09-24-2009, 10:51 PM
i missed this year but ill go next year, i never had any issues and i despise columbus, its a close and fun roadtrip

AL-MO
09-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Columbus was awesome. Chicago will be great.

Just wanted to highlight that part of your post.

prizby
09-25-2009, 12:19 AM
^the past

AL-MO
09-25-2009, 12:25 AM
^the past

Exactly. Its probably never going to be the same.

Cashcleaner
09-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Interesting (but expensive) 3 day weekend possibility:

Thursday April 8
TBD Yankees vs Red Sox at Fenway

Friday April 9
7.30pm Wizards at Celtics

Saturday April 10
1.00pm Hurricanes at Bruins
7.30pm TFC at New England

OH SHIT!!! I think I'm gonna have to start saving up, 'cause that is looking like a plan to me.

the-lower-eastsider
09-25-2009, 01:27 AM

u just made the fat kid happy. i want in on this one. big-time.

canadian_bhoy
09-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Exactly. Its probably never going to be the same.

I think it will be pretty close. Even if it isn't, in 2007 when we had one RPB bus and one Usector bus I had a blast. (moose, moz, mike - great times!)

The only people that will suffer from "skipping" or "boycotting" columbus will be the supporters groups because they will miss out on the season opener for the club.

Oldtimer
09-25-2009, 07:16 AM
The only people that will suffer from "skipping" or "boycotting" columbus will be the supporters groups because they will miss out on the season opener for the club.

The KKKrew will suffer as well, from lower ticket sales. I'm sure they are the ones who asked for TFC as their home opener, looking to try to fill a usually half-empty stadium. Seeing reduced ticket sales may make them come around for 2011 and provide/allow what we need to have a good experience and support our team.

Columbus will also suffer, through lower motel/restaurant/pub sales. Again, this will make them see what they are missing by treating TFC supporters like hooligans, giving inadequate security, tasering TFC fans, etc.

I expect MLSE to try to promote this game through their friends at ProWay, and probably get a few hundred, but no way are they going to get the numbers they had in the past with the SGs bowing out for 2010.

Section 117
09-25-2009, 07:37 AM
I have been to Columbus 3 times last time in July of this year....

I can honestly say that the staff in Crew stadium specifically Steve the security guard did a great job. I spoke to their FO a couple of times after the trip and I realized it is not so much the FO staff and security it is the bloody cops....

After the trip in July I spoke to the head of stadium security and I voiced by concerns about how I was targeted by a cop all game and we actually had a confrence call with the police. I explained everything that happened from pre game to post game and I actually got an apology from the police.

But I am still not going I hate Columbus...

canadian_bhoy
09-25-2009, 07:42 AM
The KKKrew will suffer as well, from lower ticket sales. I'm sure they are the ones who asked for TFC as their home opener, looking to try to fill a usually half-empty stadium. Seeing reduced ticket sales may make them come around for 2011 and provide/allow what we need to have a good experience and support our team.

Columbus will also suffer, through lower motel/restaurant/pub sales. Again, this will make them see what they are missing by treating TFC supporters like hooligans, giving inadequate security, tasering TFC fans, etc.

I expect MLSE to try to promote this game through their friends at ProWay, and probably get a few hundred, but no way are they going to get the numbers they had in the past with the SGs bowing out for 2010.

With 100,000 + heading to see the buckeyes 8 times a year, I really don't think that 1000 TFC fans not showing up in town will really be that much of a concern for them. I agree the Crew will miss the revenue though.

Wagner
09-25-2009, 08:44 AM
1000 fans
@ $20 per ticket + $20 in stadium beers + $10 in food.

That's $50,000 for a team with a payroll of 2.3million

GingerNinja
09-25-2009, 08:48 AM

Holy Shit, this looks like an incredible weekend.

DOMIN8R
09-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Slightly off topic - can anyone point me towards the promo video Columbus FO produced to provoke us to come to Columbus last year. I can't find it on YouTube anymore.

TFC~Vatreni
09-25-2009, 09:15 AM

I don't post much here but James you know I'm down for that! I hope you or someone puts together this whole package so all TFC fans can sit in the same group for all the other games as well!

Wagner
09-25-2009, 09:20 AM
good luckl with the Yanks/Bosox...opening week...group purchase....

SQUIRREL
09-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't post much here but James you know I'm down for that! I hope you or someone puts together this whole package so all TFC fans can sit in the same group for all the other games as well!

If and that a big If....we can get those games together and we all sit together and then make a banner Red Patch / Usector/ NEE supporters group and go to the games....that would be hilarious. can you picture that the baseball game puts us on TV because they notice us in the stands with our banner and then at the basketball game the put us on TV because again were with the same banner there like "hey weren't these guys at the Red Socks game. Then the next day at the Bruins game, "hey these guys love there sports" and finally at the TFC game "wow, these guys have been on TV the whole week....and for TFC to be up 3-0, they must be having a great week here in Massachusetts...lol.lol.

I think that would be pretty funny and would get publicity to football in North America....one can dream.lol..lol.

maninb
09-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Supporters really need to be united in not going to Columbus. If no one were to show up and large numbers head out to the following match it would make a hell of a statement to the shit hole and league, otherwise we just look like half-assed whiners. The supporter groups should take an official stance on this.

Couldn't have said it better myself.....the KKK Crew, their FO, their cops, Bill a-hole archer and their shitty town need to be sent a message...

Razcle
09-25-2009, 10:02 AM

Dee..I know what you are saying but the league would be smrt to just let TFC-CLB cool down for a couple seasons, because last season is still fresh in everyone's head and this news just reeks of not caring at all about the fans, and our fans in particular. I won't be going. Rather save my $$ for RedBull Park and Philly and LA or Texas

pekduck
09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
OKAY HERE IS THE DEAL:

Southwest Airlines 4:40pm Departure from PHL (Philadelphia), arrives at 5:50pm in PVD (Providence) for $69 USD one way.

I'll go to Sons of Ben vs Barra Brava in Lincoln Financial Field for the 1st half, kick off at 3pm. It'll be epic!

At 45 min mark, leave for PHL airport, which is, 15 min drive away from Lincoln Financial Field :D

After landing in PVD, get a car and drive to Foxborough for 7:30pm kick off with TFC. (40 min drive)

Who's doing it with me?

oh yeah.. screw cowlumbus... i'd much rather use that money toward this great trip

Dave67
09-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I think what really needs to be decided is where the away team should put their efforts for next seasons first RPB away game. From everything I have read it's clear there is enough interest in Boston to make it the first official RPB away game in 2010.

What people do on an individual basis is there own call, but I think the first organized RPB road trip should be Boston.

jabbronies
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I think what really needs to be decided is where the away team should put their efforts for next seasons first RPB away game. From everything I have read it's clear there is enough interest in Boston to make it the first official RPB away game in 2010.

What people do on an individual basis is there own call, but I think the first organized RPB road trip should be Boston.

agreed

pekduck
09-25-2009, 10:23 AM

that at this point is still the direction i'm leaning toward to. first official trip will be Boston

Bobo
09-25-2009, 11:18 AM

So they'll make it for the second match, so what? In a better atmosphere,
against a team and place that deserve our money more. All in all a much better weekend. So who's really missing out?

And it won't be the many who don't go that will make TFC fan support look bad, it will be the few that do go.

A little dignity amongst TFC supporters would be nice. People are completely missing the plot here.

Roogsy
09-25-2009, 11:33 AM
With 100,000 + heading to see the buckeyes 8 times a year, I really don't think that 1000 TFC fans not showing up in town will really be that much of a concern for them. I agree the Crew will miss the revenue though.

The Crew missing the revenue is the important part.

FYI...100,000+ seeing the Buckeyes is not foreign tourist dollars entering the system but rather local money simply changing hands.

1000 foreign tourists spending their tourist dollars is a big deal for any city and believe me, no city wants to turn that away.

Rudi
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Mike, surely you're not that naive.

Do you think it's a coincidence that they've scheduled their season opener against us for three consecutive years?

They want us to show up en masse, despite their unwillingness to work with us on alleviating our concerns. Instead, they send us scolding emails about the incidents back in March, and still expect us to prop up their shitty attendance for a game? Fuck that.

DOMIN8R
09-25-2009, 11:43 AM
^^Here, here.

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 11:46 AM
yep, that's what it comes down to.

The league wants there to be a TFC-CREW "thing",
but so far our side has seen zero respect from the league or the crew staff.

The traveling TFC supporters supporters have been pushed enough,
and we're not going to take it anymore - they can enjoy their half empty stadium.

FluSH
09-25-2009, 11:47 AM
yep, that's what it comes down to.

The league wants there to be a TFC-CREW "thing",
but so far our side has seen zero respect from the league or the crew staff.

The traveling TFC supporters supporters have been pushed enough,
and we're not going to take it anymore - they can enjoy their half empty stadium.

SNUB COLUMBUS...

billyfly
09-25-2009, 11:47 AM
So. Boston it is?

Rudi
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't even know if it's the "league" so much as it's the Crew.

The Crew were the ones who proposed the Trillium Cup idea, and judging from posts on here around that time, TFC went grudgingly along with it.

MartinUtd
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM

Do you think it's a coincidence that they've scheduled their season opener against us for three consecutive years?

They want us to show up en masse, despite their unwillingness to work with us on alleviating our concerns. Instead, they send us scolding emails about the incidents back in March, and still expect us to prop up their shitty attendance for a game? Fuck that.

Recently?

Rudi
09-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Recently?
No, not recently. A few months ago, in the lead up to the July game there.

Broadview
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
So. Boston it is?

After their militias tarred and feathered our Loyalists???

http://henpantha.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tar.jpg

Talk about short memories! I'll take the tasing.

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM
After their militias tarred and feathered our Loyalists???

http://henpantha.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tar.jpg

Talk about short memories! I'll take the tasing.

well played highlander.

Cashcleaner
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM

QFT. It's simple customer service, really. We pay them money, and they keep us safe, secure, and provided for. That's the way it should be, but with Columbus its been the exact opposite. We pay them money, and they screw up crowd control, cut-off our amenities, and blame us when things go wrong.

What's the incentive here for us when we can travel a few hours more to see our team play in Boston, Chicago, or New York?

James Oliphant
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
We's goin' to Bahhhhston! Get on de bus!

And Rob, yes...it's likely the BoSox-Yankees game will end up being a scalp-job.

deltox
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
lets hope the teams dont change the date of the game after we make travel arrangements.....

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah... I'll be waiting until we get more solid confirmation.

I'm sure the league will put the dates out in some semi-official way (if they haven't already)

Rudi
09-25-2009, 02:33 PM
yeah... I'll be waiting until we get more solid confirmation.

I'm sure the league will put the dates out in some semi-official way (if they haven't already)
How much more official than the league website do you expect?

Parkdale
09-25-2009, 02:34 PM
How much more official than the league website do you expect?

ahh. I only saw the news article on the first page of this thread.

FluSH
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
So. Boston it is?

BOSTON @ Full Throttle... that will be the official word of all Supporter Groups.... this will be ONE MASSIVE event... I guarantee it!

The Boston Tea party... get ready because the REDS ARE COMING!!!

Bars92
09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Yes I'm sure the Boston authorities will be much more friendly to the idea of an invasion..

cmonyoureds
09-25-2009, 04:44 PM
See you in Boston!!!!!!! Class city, and deserving of any tourist dollars i have.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
So. Boston it is?

VmDWHLDRM8k

It is.

canadian_bhoy
09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Of course it isn't a coincidence - The Crew, TFC and MLS are supportive of creating the rivalry between the two cities and having huge numbers travel makes the league look good. But if people think that the crew makes or breaks their season based on whether or not we show up, they are kidding themselves. I guess my point is that taking 2,000 people to a match (while amazing for us), isn't as big a deal as some people think it is.

I'm not sure about your point on the Trillium cup, I'm pretty sure it was at least a mutual idea (I could be wrong).

Also - despite how hilarious (and it was), it's hard to have a club's FO take you seriously when you show up with a banner of JC giving the finger, a shizer porn reference banner and people getting out of control (very small minority).

As I said before - boycotts are stupid. If CLB wants to ban our flags, who cares - let them!
1) where there is a will there is a way.
2) I'm going down to watch the match and cheer on the team, not hang a banner.

AL-MO
09-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Also - despite how hilarious (and it was), it's hard to have a club's FO take you seriously when you show up with a banner of JC giving the finger, a shizer porn reference banner and people getting out of control (very small minority).

One of the Crew fans on BS dared us to bring it to Boston!!

But the truth is we don't hate the midnight riders and co. THAT much. :)

Cashcleaner
09-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure about your point on the Trillium cup, I'm pretty sure it was at least a mutual idea (I could be wrong).

Just wanted to clarify that Paul himself mentioned the Trillium Cup as The Crew's idea. TFC had little choice but to go along with it.

RedRum
09-25-2009, 06:33 PM
QFT. It's simple customer service, really. We pay them money, and they keep us safe, secure, and provided for. That's the way it should be, but with Columbus its been the exact opposite. We pay them money, and they screw up crowd control, cut-off our amenities, and blame us when things go wrong.

What's the incentive here for us when we can travel a few hours more to see our team play in Boston, Chicago, or New York?

A few hours more? I thought it must have been days difference the way the travelling support has been this year :rolleyes:

TFC115
09-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Posted this on the other Columbus topic....

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181565

they got some things to say about us complaining about the FO and the police (be it how stupid they are)

prizby
09-25-2009, 06:50 PM
So they'll make it for the second match, so what? In a better atmosphere,
against a team and place that deserve our money more. All in all a much better weekend. So who's really missing out?

And it won't be the many who don't go that will make TFC fan support look bad, it will be the few that do go.

A little dignity amongst TFC supporters would be nice. People are completely missing the plot here.

frankly, we could just declare the New England game the official opener

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-25-2009, 06:51 PM
frankly, we could just declare the New England game the official opener

Im sure it will be...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I think anything under 1000...would be a disapointment....if we do indeed push this New England trip.....

any predictions of how many we could get to hit BOSTON!??

I think 1000 is reachable..considering the advanced notice!

SQUIRREL
09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
If we sell it on here as the "BIG" trip we can get alot of people to go, there is more then enough time.

Cashcleaner
09-26-2009, 02:01 AM
A few hours more? I thought it must have been days difference the way the travelling support has been this year :rolleyes:

I think the Kansas City roadcrew are in a league of our own sometimes.

20 hours there and 20 hours back? No problem! :D