PDA

View Full Version : Robbo - a sign of things to come?

DangerRed
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
From his Twitter:

http://a1.twimg.com/a/1253656631/images/white.pngJust managed to sort out doing my uefa coaching A license course in the uk after the season ends. This is very important too me.about 2 hours ago (http://twitter.com/CarlRobinson33/status/4315751672) from web

Kaz
09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
did you CnP that? or did you type it out... 'cause I'm either very disappointed in you or in Robbo.... "too" really? grrrrr....

also makes sense he's fairly old for a professional footballer, it's the right move for him, 3 years on turf is bad on the body

DangerRed
09-23-2009, 11:21 AM
did you CnP that? or did you type it out... cause I'm either very disappointed in you or in Robbo.... "too" really? grrrrr....

It's a cut-and-paste of his Twitter. Also, "cause" you're disappointed? Fuck off.

Kaz
09-23-2009, 11:24 AM
It's a cut-and-paste of his Twitter. Also, "cause" you're disappointed? Fuck off.

ya my netbook causes my to miss a few characters :P missed the ' in 'cause :P usually I go back and fix it :P

jloome
09-23-2009, 11:52 AM

He's kidding. Lighten up. Good book: Eats, shoots and leaves.

wzhxvy
09-23-2009, 12:13 PM
everyone wants to be a coach I guess...good for him...I dont think he is coming back next season anyways...

Parkdale
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
those who can't do - teach
those who can't teach - teach phys ed.

haha....

seriously though, robbo's got a good mind for football, and coaching would be the next logical step in his football career.

Broadview
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
He's well spoken when he's on the score. He could probably make a living in broadcasting as well if he wished.

Parkdale
09-23-2009, 12:31 PM
he also does a fair bit of writing for his back home paper, so he's got an understanding of media and news work.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
wouldnt surprise me and im happy to see him do it, ideally he will also be involved in the TFC academy etc

Carts
09-23-2009, 09:54 PM
wouldnt surprise me and im happy to see him do it, ideally he will also be involved in the TFC academy etc

I'd like to see Robbo involved too - but I think the next "TFC Veteran" that will be added to the extended coaching staff (Academy etc) will be Brennan (when he hangs'em up)...

Toronto is his home town, he has a very young baby at home with his wife, he's the first captain & has played the most minutes...

He has every reason to become the next player to become a coach or embassador for the club...

Carts...

andyc
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah plus it's interesting that he's doing UEFA licence in the UK.

Dichio and Brennan did the US course last year in Florida...

I don't think that this is by accident...

Ossington Mental Youth
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Curious i missed hte bit about the UK, i have no doubt Brennan will be back with TFC when he retires, that being said i wonder where Robbo will go back to

Oblio2
09-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I am sure when Robbo retires, he's going back to the UK to Coach...and Im sure will be very good at it.

C.Ronaldo
09-24-2009, 09:02 AM
robbo should be sportscaster, same with Brennan.

i dont think Brennan has the vision to be an effective coach. Maybe team ambassador.

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
ummm..... we already have one 'team ambassador'.

let's not start a policy of giving every retired player a fancy title and a paycheck.

v00d00daddy
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
ummm..... we already have one 'team ambassador'.

let's not start a policy of giving every retired player a fancy title and a paycheck.

Agreed...which means for me....no Brennan or Robbo as any kind of coach at TFC.

We need experienced coaches. If they want to move on to coaching careers...great. Let them ply their new trade somewhere else.

How many times does TFC have to be a guinea pig?

Parkdale
09-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Let them ply their new trade somewhere else.

and if they choose to come back once they have something great to offer us.... perfect!

There are probably lots of jobs for retired players out there (thinking more like agents, media types, marketing reps etc) that don't actually come from TFC directly. Hopefully the team can help them with the transition to their post-playing career, but not just give handouts.

v00d00daddy
09-24-2009, 09:32 AM
and if they choose to come back once they have something great to offer us.... perfect!

There are probably lots of jobs for retired players out there (thinking more like agents, media types, marketing reps etc) that don't actually come from TFC directly. Hopefully the team can help them with the transition to their post-playing career, but not just give handouts.

Absolutely.

A qualified coach/marketing type/agent/media personality is always an asset to a club.

olegunnar
09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
If you read his most recent article I think it's pretty clear he's doing his coaching cert in Europe because that's where he plans to coach.

He made it very clear that he was different than his team mates who did the USSF courses.

Oldtimer
09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
article is here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=17471