PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts come off to soon?

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't know, maybe I'm going crazy, but I didn't think Ricketts was ready to come off so soon. Him and Robert never got a chance to link up and be a threat. I personally would've taken off Harmse. Played 4-4-2 with Ricketts, Robert, Robinson, Smith in the mid. I really don't think Harmse and Robinson can be effective center mids in a 4-4-2 formation. I mean neither one of those guys can attack for shit. Personally, we lost the battle in the midfield.

Shaughno
06-09-2008, 12:44 PM
And who else up front?

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 12:49 PM
And who else up front?

Dichio took off Ricketts so he went up front with Cunningham. I'm actualy not sure if Smith ever came back to play mid or if we were playing 3 strikers. Is that what you are referring to?

Shaughno
06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Dichio took off Ricketts so he went up front with Cunningham. I'm actualy not sure if Smith ever came back to play mid or if we were playing 3 strikers. Is that what you are referring to?

:lol: Yeah it made me laugh because you said 4-4-2 with Smith in the mid. Without Dichio in, and with Smith in the mid it would have had to be a 4-5-1. ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
yep, one of 3 subs that didnt make any sense.
They put Dichio on who was injured.
Retarded.

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
:lol: Yeah it made me laugh because you said 4-4-2 with Smith in the mid. Without Dichio in, and with Smith in the mid it would have had to be a 4-5-1. ;)

Maybe you mis-understood me. I didn't disagree with Dichio coming on, it was the fact he took of Ricketts. Personally I'd get rid of the useless Harmse and play 4-4-2 by bringing Smith back into mid. Not sure what you don't understand about that.

Shaughno
06-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Maybe you mis-understood me. I didn't disagree with Dichio coming on, it was the fact he took of Ricketts. Personally I'd get rid of the useless Harmse and play 4-4-2 by bringing Smith back into mid. Not sure what you don't understand about that.

It was just the way you worded it. Sounded like Dichio wasn't coming on, and Ricketts was staying on. Hence the 4-4-2 wouldn't have worked.

jloome
06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I think he was gassed. he was one of Toronto's only effective players, so I've gotta think the 100 degree heat was too much for him. IT's doubtful he's ever played in that kind of temperature before at the pro level.

ilikemusic
06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I think he was gassed. he was one of Toronto's only effective players, so I've gotta think the 100 degree heat was too much for him. IT's doubtful he's ever played in that kind of temperature before at the pro level.

Exactly.

Big Bruva
06-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Bad sub.

JC should of taken off Harmy, put Smithy on the wing and pushed Ro in the middle with Robbo and had DD and Cunny up top.

If your looking for a more offensive team you don't leave both Robbo and Harmsy on and take off Ro who was doing as much as anyone on TFC going forward.

The commentators seeme a bit shocked too lol

Oh well next time maybe lol

Brilliant goal by Cunny though

Laurignano
06-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Life goes on, everyone makes mistakes even coaches. JC still love the guy regardless of that loss, hopefully we can see a better effort this saturday.

jloome
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Bad sub.

JC should of taken off Harmy, put Smithy on the wing and pushed Ro in the middle with Robbo and had DD and Cunny up top.

If your looking for a more offensive team you don't leave both Robbo and Harmsy on and take off Ro who was doing as much as anyone on TFC going forward.

The commentators seeme a bit shocked too lol

Oh well next time maybe lol

Brilliant goal by Cunny though

Yeah, as noted in another thread, I don't think either Harmse or Robinson can hit a long pass to save their lives -- good holders, but we didn't need two on the field, we needed one dropping way back and someone who can pass up top in a diamond.

bhoybobby
06-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Nah, he's overrated. I think he still has a lot to prove.

Pachuco
06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Nah, he's overrated. I think he still has a lot to prove.

right, because Harmse isn't. harmse was the best player on the field. Good on Carver for keeping him on.

Lenny Dikestra
06-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Life goes on, everyone makes mistakes even coaches. JC still love the guy regardless of that loss, hopefully we can see a better effort this saturday.

Thtas a wise statement