PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Season Tickets

tfc2007
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I was just wondering how many people aren't going to be renewing their tickets, and for what reason??

ArmenJBX
09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
If anyone doesn't mind, can you add 2 season seats and I'd pay for um.

Shit, these things are gunna drive me nuts. PM me if you're willing.

Marco2K
09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
me and my cousin will be renewing. I think we will until we die..lol

TFCtoMUFC
09-21-2009, 04:06 PM
If anyone doesn't mind, can you add three season seats and I'd pay for um.

Shit, these things are gunna drive me nuts. PM me if you're willing.

Add me on to that. Looking for one, want 113, would settle for anywhere in the southend.

flambe
09-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Will be renewing my seats and might have an extra 2 as my buddy in S127 might be going to Poland for a year or 2.

I'll let you all now.

Shway
09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Jahinho_Guerro
needs 2 seats....
SOMEONE ANSWER MY PRAYERS

(flambe just the guy i need)

...these tickets are like drugs

London
09-21-2009, 05:36 PM
let's get the 6 that said no to say why

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
If anyone is serious PM me...I have at least 2 friends that will definitely buy...

dag
09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I renewed my seat (109 - dark gray) today.

TFCtoMUFC
09-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I as well would like to know why people said no.

TFCtoMUFC
Needs 1 seat
South End

Answer the call RPBs

redcard
09-21-2009, 07:59 PM
definitly will renew forever, and hopefully will be able to pass them on to family when i can no longer stand!

Canadian Blue
09-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I am renew...........but most likely will not attend any games

Ossington Mental Youth
09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
me and my cousin will be renewing. I think we will until we die..lol

you and me both

Stryker
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Why do so many people have and want multiple seats in multiple sections? To scalp?
Fuckin lovely.
I had better be high enough on the list to get a pair of supports to medium grays for the 2011 season or someone gonna get a hurt real bad.

WHITEY
09-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Putting our deposit down today but are definately going to the relocation day to see if we can move our four seats to a less costly section.

SQUIRREL
09-22-2009, 07:19 AM
I will definitely renew my ticket, didn't know you can add more tickets though?

Belfast_Boy
09-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Why do so many people have and want multiple seats in multiple sections? To scalp?
Fuckin lovely.
I had better be high enough on the list to get a pair of supports to medium grays for the 2011 season or someone gonna get a hurt real bad.

+1 and I can speak for a few other that feel the same way!

Fort York Redcoat
09-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Seasons? Partials w/o Marlies games would be an upgrade.

Parkdale
09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Fuckin lovely.

that's not always it.

I have 2 sets of 2 tickets - one are prawn seats for people who want to sit and watch the game, and the others are in a supporters section for people who want to stand and chant. I know there are lots of cases of having a few seats for the kids, and then 'adult seats' for gramps all on the same account.

just because someone has multiple tickets doesn't make them a scalper.

ForestGlade
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Wait, you're able to get extra tickets? If anyone is able to get 2 seats anywhere in the south end, I'd be forever indebted. My buddy and I travel up from Windsor all the time for games but it'd be nice to have seats to call our own

Afra
09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
You can get more but the cap now is 4 seats total, I think. I had 3 and that was what I was told when I picked up my 4th.

Carts
09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm going into more debt to renew my tickets...

Some things are worth the money (different for every person) and to me, these are worth the money...

Carts...

Belfast_Boy
09-22-2009, 09:17 AM
that's not always it.

I have 2 sets of 2 tickets - one are prawn seats for people who want to sit and watch the game, and the others are in a supporters section for people who want to stand and chant. I know there are lots of cases of having a few seats for the kids, and then 'adult seats' for gramps all on the same account.

just because someone has multiple tickets doesn't make them a scalper.

I can understand why you do this and would probably do the same given the opportunity. but it's frustrating reading about people buying multiple seats or renewing and not attending games when you are on the waiting list and have to scramble for seats all season long.

flatpicker
09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
the rising ticket prices are unfortunate.

But if JDG and co. can gel together and put in a good season, then I suppose it will be worth it.
And if the salary cap does go up (as rumoured) and an extra DP that doesn't count against the cap (as rumoured) is added...
... then it could be a more entertaining year in 2010.

But that's a lot of "if's"
I better see some positives next year, or I will be sorely dissapointed in the club.

olegunnar
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
It's unfortunate we have to "trust" improvements/changes will be made, rather than having a March renewal date, where we'd be able to see for ourselves what we were renewing for.

Given past history $1900 is a lot to entrust to this team and the people that run it. A bad bet.

The only bright spot is that the city council meeting is on Sept 30 which is before the renewal deadline, so at least we'll have one little piece of 2010 info before we're forced to decide.

With rumours of a Mo extension though...even if they do get grass...it looks like my choice is do not renew...or move to 104 for a year and give them one last chance

Joe Kool
09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I renewed my seats but hoping to move to cheaper location in relocation event this year. I like my current seats but can't afford the dark grey price level for too many more years. Hopefully the new section in north end will help open up a better choice of seats this year for people looking to move.

WHITEY
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I renewed my seats but hoping to move to cheaper location in relocation event this year. I like my current seats but can't afford the dark grey price level for too many more years. Hopefully the new section in north end will help open up a better choice of seats this year for people looking to move.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if there will be a north stand for sure or not?

jaahuuu
09-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm renewing the pair that I have, I'd like to say that will always be the case, but at some point I know I'll be priced out. I actually pay more for gas to drive to the stadium than for the tickets, and its pretty much certain that the cost of both of those things will always go up.

Parkdale
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Speaking of which, does anybody know if there will be a north stand for sure or not?

I heard it was a no-go for the start of next year, but might happen mid season.

Roogsy
09-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I am renewing mine although I may drop a pair. I have a friend who is likely not renewing his. Last year, he almost gave them up, I am guessing this year he will for sure.

Oldtimer
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Often it's for friends, and you get them wherever you can.

JonO
09-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Fuckin lovely.
I don't understand why people are bitter that other have seats in multiple sections. These seats were available for months before they sold out. But I digress.

I have seats in the supporters section and the prawnies because some people I go with (parents/kids/siblings/inlaws/friends) don't want to be in the supporters section.

Belfast_Boy
09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't understand why people are bitter that other have seats in multiple sections. These seats were available for months before they sold out. But I digress.

I have seats in the supporters section and the prawnies because some people I go with (parents/kids/siblings/inlaws/friends) don't want to be in the supporters section.

we're bitter because we can't get seasons tickets.

When they were available it wasn't an option. I was doing two years hard labour. since I got paroled it's now feasable. my timing sucks and like I said, given the opportunity I'd have multiples too. but not having them and hearing about others with extras is frustrating.

hypocritical of me? hell yes!

WHITEY
09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I heard it was a no-go for the start of next year, but might happen mid season.

Thanks Parkdale.

Belfast_Boy
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
we're bitter because we can't get seasons tickets.

When they were available it wasn't an option. I was doing two years hard labour. since I got paroled it's now feasable. my timing sucks and like I said, given the opportunity I'd have multiples too. but not having them and hearing about others with extras is frustrating.

hypocritical of me? hell yes!

sorry did i say paroled, I meant divorced.... opps.

Limani_Ole
09-23-2009, 04:38 PM
reason?

less games, more money, team results same as previous year

TFCtoMUFC
09-23-2009, 05:02 PM
reason?

less games, more money, team results same as previous year

Then you and the other 19 should be handing over the rights (maybe for a small amount of cash) to people here that LOVE this team, the waiting list has scalpers. This site may have scalpers but I doubt that.

Darlofletch
09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I love how there's people on here getting pissy about people having multiple sets of tickets that they have for friends etc, while other people are openly begging people to buy extra tickets to sell to them. Very amusing.

i called up today to ask a couple of questions about how all this works, (a thoroughly unpleasant experience as as soon as he found out I was only on the gold list and so couldn't actually purchase anything right there and then, the rep (david) made it very obvious he didn't give a shit about my questions and just wanted me off the phone as quickly as possible) but he said to me that if you're not renewing, then the maximum you can get as a new ssh would be 2 seats. this came as a bit of a shock to me, has anyone else heard this? Is this true, or is he just being the obnoxious salesman and trying to pressure me into renewing the tickets I have in someone else's name?

TFCtoMUFC
09-23-2009, 06:42 PM
I love how there's people on here getting pissy about people having multiple sets of tickets that they have for friends etc, while also openly begging people to buy extra tickets to sell to them. Very amusing.

i called up today to ask a couple of questions about how all this works, (a thoroughly unpleasant experience as as soon as he found out I was only on the gold list and so couldn't actually purchase anything right there and then, the rep (david) made it very obvious he didn't give a shit about my questions and just wanted me off the phone as quickly as possible) but he said to me that if you're not renewing, then the maximum you can get as a new ssh would be 2 seats. this came as a bit of a shock to me, has anyone else heard this? Is this true, or is he just being the obnoxious salesman and trying to pressure me into renewing the tickets I have in someone else's name?

I hope your not referring to myself as one of those people. I have no problem with people having extra pairs, I just dont like that scalpers are on the season ticket waiting list and when people drop their tickets the scalpers make it very hard for people like me to go to games. Whereas instead of dropping the tickets I will give someone money (maybe like 100 or something) to change their information on the ST's to my information. Having tickets for friends is cool, I would do the same if I could.

BC101
09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Then you and the other 19 should be handing over the rights (maybe for a small amount of cash) to people here that LOVE this team, the waiting list has scalpers. This site may have scalpers but I doubt that.
Pay me 400$ extra on the cost and i'd give up the rights LOL!:)

Darlofletch
09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
I hope your not referring to myself as one of those people. I have no problem with people having extra pairs, I just dont like that scalpers are on the season ticket waiting list and when people drop their tickets the scalpers make it very hard for people like me to go to games. Whereas instead of dropping the tickets I will give someone money (maybe like 100 or something) to change their information on the ST's to my information. Having tickets for friends is cool, I would do the same if I could.

no i wasn't referring to you. it was poorly phrased originally, as it seems to be two different sets of people as opposed to anyone doing both.

TFCtoMUFC
09-23-2009, 07:26 PM

Only if you go to the Galaxy game wearing a Donovan jersey and you sing Galaxy chants the whole game (with a sign that says I want some Landycake)

torontocelt
09-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I love how there's people on here getting pissy about people having multiple sets of tickets that they have for friends etc, while other people are openly begging people to buy extra tickets to sell to them. Very amusing.

I have had dealings with Greig Young and he is shocking.

canadian_bhoy
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm renewing, but there is no way I will be buying extras.

I wanted to add another pair so that I could give them to my parents or brother/nephew, but after this price hike BS, TFC can (to use a phrase from the 80's/90's) "sit on it and spin"

As for Dave - give the guy a break. He's a great guy and has always been good both on the phone and in person. I'm sure he gets 100 calls a day from people without tickets asking how they can get them. Think about having to do 100 things in a day, plus getting calls like that...cut the guy some slack.

AL-MO
09-23-2009, 08:31 PM

Only if you go to the Galaxy game wearing a Donovan jersey and you sing Galaxy chants the whole game (with a sign that says I want some Landycake)

Problem is you can't transfer the rights anymore. :(

You just have to 'buy for a friend'.

TFCtoMUFC
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Problem is you can't transfer the rights anymore. :(

You just have to 'buy for a friend'.

You cant change the name and info on the e-ticket or whatever account?

Nomad
09-23-2009, 09:56 PM
You cant change the name and info on the e-ticket or whatever account?

Nope

torontocelt
09-24-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm renewing, but there is no way I will be buying extras.

I wanted to add another pair so that I could give them to my parents or brother/nephew, but after this price hike BS, TFC can (to use a phrase from the 80's/90's) "sit on it and spin"

As for Dave - give the guy a break. He's a great guy and has always been good both on the phone and in person. I'm sure he gets 100 calls a day from people without tickets asking how they can get them. Think about having to do 100 things in a day, plus getting calls like that...cut the guy some slack.

As a spokesperson and public facing employee of the club it is his job to be as helpful as he can and furthermore to appear to be happy as he is doing it. If he cannot do that then his is misrepresenting the company and in this case pissing off an existing customer. If TFC continue to sell the gold list as a way of attaining seasons then all reps should expect phone calls or emails with questions pertaining to this subject, it is without doubt part of their job to handle these questions in a professional and friendly manner, it is not part of his job to make the experience an unpleasant one for a paying client. Everybody has their off days etc but my previous rep was a lot better than this Greig, a lot friendlier and when you emailed him with a problem then it was always responded to quickly and efficiently. I cannot say the same for Greig although I glad he is at least satisfying the customer expectations for some people.

VPjr
09-25-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm not sure if I'm renewing. I've got 2 pairs and I'm truly undecided.

if they fired Mo tomorrow, I'd re-up immediately

VPjr
09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
BTW, my TFC ticket rep is David Barker. not sure if tha tis the same guy some here are complaining about but, if so, I'd be surprised because my experiences with David Barker have been very good.

torontocelt
09-25-2009, 07:47 AM
BTW, my TFC ticket rep is David Barker. not sure if tha tis the same guy some here are complaining about but, if so, I'd be surprised because my experiences with David Barker have been very good.

Actually my apologies to David it wasn't actually him I was thinking of, I have checked again and it was Greig Young who I have had poor service from. David if you are out there then sorry about that, in my case certainly you haven't done anything poorly.

Oblio2
09-25-2009, 08:01 AM

Agreed. Barker has been really good, IMO

Menelaos
09-25-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't have tickets.

In fact, I am one of those morons who paid $900 to get a few games and some Marlee tickets just so I could be moved up to Gold.

No point crying about how other can get more and so on when I can't do anything about it. I just hope more and more of you don't renew so others like me who would attend all games, can get tickets ;)

sloangraham
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Actually my apologies to David it wasn't actually him I was thinking of, I have checked again and it was Greig Young who I have had poor service from. David if you are out there then sorry about that, in my case certainly you haven't done anything poorly.

as a minor defence of greig, he has always been super helpful in my multiple calls throughout the season as i scramble to get single-game tickets. he knows 100% i'm not a sth, but has always been pleasant in helping me find seats or letting me know when i should try calling back.

and on that note, anyone wanna buy a season ticket on my behalf? :D

James17930
10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure if I'm renewing. I've got 2 pairs and I'm truly undecided.

if they fired Mo tomorrow, I'd re-up immediately

Don't you think this is a bit silly? Something like a season ticket is supposed to be a long term investment.

What if you give up your tickets this year, then Mo's gone two years from now? Or, even if it's five years from now, that's only five years from now. Or, what if the team -- either because of Mo or despite him -- gets really good in the near future?

Then what? You want tickets again, but suddenly you're at the bottom of a 15,000 name list.

If it was a question of the money then I would say you'd have a point, but if you say you're equivocating just because of Mo I think you're not really a true supporter of the club.

rocker
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
i have 2 dark grey seats.. so about $1900 a year.
but I know people who spend $4000 just to go on a 7 day vacation to Mexico with the family. Or they'll go on two trips a year, perhaps Caribbean and then Europe, costing them $5000-8000 total. When you compare season's tickets to other consumption, it's reasonable. And I enjoy 17 TFC games much more than going for 7 days to a beach somewhere.

I think if it gets to be too much, I'll just split them three ways with my dad and bro. Or put specific games up on ticket trader.

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
they dont care, and wont, but im not until 445 today

jaahuuu
10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
they dont care, and wont, but im not until 445 today
Are you sure you want to wait that long? You said yourself that the team doesn't care, and you have already decided to pay anyway. It would suck if your cable/phone/electric/whatever went out and you got screwed out of the seats.

Cambridge_Red
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Don't you think this is a bit silly? Something like a season ticket is supposed to be a long term investment.

What if you give up your tickets this year, then Mo's gone two years from now? Or, even if it's five years from now, that's only five years from now. Or, what if the team -- either because of Mo or despite him -- gets really good in the near future?

Then what? You want tickets again, but suddenly you're at the bottom of a 15,000 name list.

If it was a question of the money then I would say you'd have a point, but if you say you're equivocating just because of Mo I think you're not really a true supporter of the club.

Being in Taipei I'm sure you're really in touch with things back here.

Parkdale
10-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Being in Taipei I'm sure you're really in touch with things back here.

his point is still valid - we've only been in this for 3 years and things could be totally different in another 3 years.

AND if someone let their tickets slide now, they'd have a very hard time getting back in to similar seats because of the waiting list.

not sure how being in Taiwan would make that any less obvious?

Parkdale
10-16-2009, 12:41 PM
and to further that discussion....

season tickets are supposed to be for the long run. 'ticket packs' are short term.

rocker
10-16-2009, 12:56 PM
if you don't have the $$$ or commitment to TFC to pay for season's, then don't. Let your account lapse... you can still get single game tickets here and there if your commitment level is not high.

Or you can watch the games on TV.

Season's tickets are not designed for people who are not totally certain.

Parkdale
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
... you can still get single game tickets here and there if your commitment level is not high.

exactly. there are walk-ups available for almost every game now.

ArmenJBX
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
For the past three seasons I've been purchasing single game tickets. Sometimes they are expensive, other times they're cheap, and I only go to games that are convenient for me. I still follow the club religiously, but, because of school, etc. I can't really go every single week, realistically. I'd love to, don't get me wrong, and I watch every single game, but I can't be there.

This season I'd love to be offered a partial pack (Without the marlies) because that would be perfect. I went to 5 games (6 as of tomorrow :D) this year, I think I can manage one more, and then we'll see what happens. To those who have season seats and are giving them up as a sign of protest...just know that there are people who would kill to be in your position, and are ready to be SSH. Keep that in mind.

With all that said...if anyone could help me out here, perhaps splitting seasons, or if you know how I can avoid the partial with the marlies in it, that's be awesome. Send a PM my way if you got anything.

Thanks,
JimmyBaldX

flatpicker
10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I renewed my tickets with the 3 installments payment plan.
I thought it best to spread the pain out rather than take it all at once!
:D

Ageroo
10-16-2009, 03:12 PM

Same here...although the installment plan should be spaced out more...and not in a 3 month span. :facepalm:

rocker
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Same here...although the installment plan should be spaced out more...and not in a 3 month span. :facepalm:

true... it's shitty that the third payment is 9 days before christmas...

guess you won't buy those extra presents for your nieces and nephews! hahahahah. ;)

James17930
10-17-2009, 10:03 PM
his point is still valid - we've only been in this for 3 years and things could be totally different in another 3 years.

AND if someone let their tickets slide now, they'd have a very hard time getting back in to similar seats because of the waiting list.

not sure how being in Taiwan would make that any less obvious?

Thank you.

I thought it was obvious too, but hey, I'm only in Taiwan, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

Super
10-17-2009, 10:57 PM

Yup - same as I did. It's a good plan anyway and people should take advantage. It's like buying stuff from Infomercials with 3 easy payments :D

dag
10-18-2009, 10:22 AM
...And the 2009 SSH box and its paraphenalia was dumped in the recycling bin this morning.

MUFC_Niagara
10-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I renewed my 4 season last thursday I believe. Anyway, I am all set and can't wait for next season! Toronto 'til I die! :scarf: