PDA

View Full Version : My TFC Offseason to do list

a_billi
09-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Just some thoughts I have after last nights game.
1) Get rid of Cummins and get a real coach. He's awful and his tactics make you scratch your head. He still does not realize the lone striker tactic does not work.
2) Trade or get rid of A) BARRET B) Garcia C) Guverra
I feel for him he has heart but if he gets one more MLS contract ill be shocked. His first touch is awful and gets gutted to quick. Garcia is to old and to slow and the money is better spent elsewhere. Hes to much of a liability defensively and just not good. Sad to see him go he can still be useful but hes getting up there in age and most likely will be going back to Honduras.
This is between $450,000 to $500,000 that we can go to Brazil and pick up a defender and another attacking midfielder.
3) Focus and expand the academy more so it can actually be useful. I know its still young but im getting anxious.
4) Resign Vitti for half of the amount of his contract. Argentinians take a while to get used to in this league. Next year is going to be his breakout year mark my words.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 12:42 PM
1) Keep Cummins for one more season, unless so one thats had a lot of
success as manager comes along or an asst ( Mariner).

2) we need strikers..less midfield players.

3)i know Mo wants more Canadians, but we have enough!! My greatest
fear was TFC becoming a close Canadian National team copy, and that
sadly is becoming true. We have one underacheiving Canadian team we
dont need another..:( Hope Mo goes back to europe/s.america/asia
to find some scoring talent..

a_billi
09-20-2009, 12:49 PM
1) Keep Cummins for one more season, unless so one thats had a lot of
success as manager comes along or an asst ( Mariner).

Hes an tactical imbecile one season is to much. I don't want to see Gerba chasing balls down for one more game and you want one more season. lol

Kaz
09-20-2009, 01:47 PM
ignore him it's the best way..
Cummins needs to go.
Wynne, Vitti, Robbo and Garcia are my choices for trades or retirement. Guevera must be thinking of it too.. Barrett is actually working not too bad as a 2nd striker, Attacking mid. I think that if Guevera retires you could convert Barrett to his position. Robbo Garcia and Guevera are at retirement age. and Wynne there is no hope for.

Marco2K
09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Keep Cummings? U kidding?

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Keep Cummings? U kidding?

No...we have had a different manager for the 3 years now and we need
some stilbility...Its not CC fault the players are not producing, that blames is all on the players...they look terrified to play away from BMO, and thats something they must figure out on their own.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Hes an tactical imbecile one season is to much. I don't want to see Gerba chasing balls down for one more game and you want one more season. lol

his tattics are only bad because he has no talent on the team to work with other then Frei and JDG..we have to build around them and then see what CC can do!!

FOGES
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
My Wishlist for 2010 is:
1) New Coach. keep cummins, but I simply believe that hes more effective as an assistant rather than leading the troops into battle.
2) Re-sign Vitti for a reduced contract value. Focus his training on being a wing player, or sort of a free DeRo role, not necessarily as a ST
3) Trade Barrett, and Wynne while we can still get something for him. Keep Garcia as our 'option' at defence (ie. off the bench, or starting every few games/Cdn Championship, etc.)
4) Get a solid/experienced MLS defender, give Attakora a new deal and start him
5) Overall look within the league for quality 90 minute players. We've tried and keep trying to get players from other leagues and its hit and miss. Yet, besides a handful of success stories, the best sides in the league continue to thrive with MLS veterans and homegrown talent. I like that we've got some great Canadian players, but I dont see the need to go to South America, Europe, Africa, etc. necessarily to find talent that will work for this team.
6) Hopefully we'll have grass, and get rid of the patio for new seating. Would love to see an additional 2000-3500 supporters at the north end
7) NEW ROAD UNI'S!!!! I dont mind the gray, but c'mon. Its not a very inspiring look. At this point, i'd rather see us wear the pink shirts 'cause at least their for a cause and we're 1-0 when wearing them. Correct me if i'm wrong we've only won 1 game alltime wearing the gray shirts and that was our first away win @ RSL back in 07.

Nodoubtguy
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
his tattics are only bad because he has no talent on the team to work with other then Frei and JDG..we have to build around them and then see what CC can do!!

oh yeah, that DeRo guy has zero talent....what a bum!!!

raj100
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
he has no talent on the team to work with other then Frei and JDG..

link me some of that weed, cause its gotta be f'n dank if its making you think that the only talent on the team is frei and jdg (who's only played ONE game and didnt even look like a dp quality player out there...) guevara's not a talent? dero?? OBW? serioux? attakora? hell even wynne is a talent if he could just grow a brain ...

Blazer
09-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I’m sick and fucking tired of the bogus threads that are started up around here after a loss. This team sucks right now, get over it. We’ll be better in our fourth year just like we were better in our third and second years. Shit, fucken be patient and get away from the negative innuendo already.

No more stupid thread starting people!

Bloor West FC
09-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Cummins will be the first change during the off season. Its a must!

cochrdoc
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Blazer is right,the team has gotten better each year.Next year will be better.We never dealt with our CB issue.It was said all last winter someone was coming in.Garcia is not the answer.Him and Brennan have got to go.Alot of the goals are a result of poor defensive play and these 2 have given up alot of goals.There is hope for the young guys.If we get our defence sorted out we make the play-offs.If we get some consistant goalscoring from a striker, we win the league.

TFC12
09-20-2009, 03:10 PM
1 - New coach with a system that works well with what we got.

2 - grass

3 - Guevara or Robbo, i like them both, but 1 has to go and make way for a top forward. With this over crowded midfield, we've had to play too many players out of position and in most cases it hasn't worked.

4 - Jimmy B, love him, but the whole league knows are weak side is the left side. Rather put him on the LM or as a sub and make him work his way into the starting line-up, because he's not the same as he use to be.

5 - Have better oppenents for pre-season! playing University teams or U-21 teams is not how you get your team ready for the MLS. Start playing Mexician or South American teams for pre-season

Parkdale
09-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Wynne, Vitti, Robbo and Garcia are my choices for trades or retirement.

did you watch wynne yesterday? yes he's not an allstar, but he's the guy DeRo (and JDG soon enough) rely on.

No more stupid thread starting people!

InTheCrowd
09-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I say we keep Wynne. He's improving, we might be able to ship him off to Europe eventually, he's not a big hit against the cap. If we use him properly he is a top player.

Parkdale
09-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I say we keep Wynne. He's improving, we might be able to ship him off to Europe eventually, he's not a big hit against the cap. If we use him properly he is a top player.

and the biggest thing about Wynne - his game improves when he's playing with / against better players. I have a feeling most people work that way on the squad. We all know what Laurent Robert and Oliver Tebilibly (sp) could have been if they were playing to their potential. What we really need is a core of top level talent (getting there with Dero, JDG, Cronin, Frei, Vitti) who all push each other to play at their personal best. Right now, I'd rather see Vitti play at 3/4 of his potential (like all this season) than seing Robert play at 1/2 his ability. If we can get guys like Wynne to up their game, then maybe we can get something started - even though it's a bit late.

ArmenJBX
09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
1 - New coach with a system that works well with what we got.

2 - grass

3 - Guevara or Robbo, i like them both, but 1 has to go and make way for a top forward. With this over crowded midfield, we've had to play too many players out of position and in most cases it hasn't worked.

4 - Jimmy B, love him, but the whole league knows are weak side is the left side. Rather put him on the LM or as a sub and make him work his way into the starting line-up, because he's not the same as he use to be.

5 - Have better oppenents for pre-season! playing University teams or U-21 teams is not how you get your team ready for the MLS. Start playing Mexician or South American teams for pre-season

Thanks buddy :D

SoccMan
09-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Things to do.
Lower ticket prices, will probbly happen once they see how many people don't renew.
Get rid of Cummins get a coach who has a brain. Send him back to England.
Robinson,Garcia,Brennan,Serioux yes Serioux makes too many mistakes watch the videos of past games and see the screwups by this poser of a player, get two central defenders with experience and who have pace and can play and your problems on defense will be solved. Make Mo your head scout and get a real general manager and with these changes I have stated above a playoff spot will be garanteed next season.

Parkdale
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Things to do.
Lower ticket prices...

next time, try saving the 'wish list' fantasy thinking until the end.

Like a kids christmas list.... start with transformers before you ask for a bb gun/

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 05:12 PM
oh yeah, that DeRo guy has zero talent....what a bum!!!

remind me what he did yesterday?...how many goals?....ZERO
this was the guy when sign the supporters said was going to
lead us to the playoffs this year..guess what they were wrong!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Cummins will be the first change during the off season. Its a must!

and if a new manger is brought in and we miss the playoffs next season..
try, try again? sorry the main people to be axed after the season should
be in the player personnel..we CANT have a manager a year that will lead us no where.

TFC USA
09-20-2009, 05:18 PM
DeRo should've had 50000 goals this year.

He failed.

InTheCrowd
09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
remind me what he did yesterday?...how many goals?....ZERO
this was the guy when sign the supporters said was going to
lead us to the playoffs this year..guess what they were wrong!!

Is this a serious comment or are you being sarcastic?

He's our top scorer and usually has the most dangerous chances in our games. DeRo is a top player and I have no problem with him. I don't have a reason to have a problem with him.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Is this a serious comment or are you being sarcastic?

He's our top scorer and usually has the most dangerous chances in our games. DeRo is a top player and I have no problem with him. I don't have a reason to have a problem with him.

Serious...there is no questioning the talent...but where was he last night and the current 3 game road trip in Chiva, Colorado and Seattle? dont get we wrong i dont expect him to win a game all on his own..that would be unfair..but we need our STAR players to be producing..not just DeRo but the whole freaking lot..

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
DeRo should've had 50000 goals this year.

He failed.

i thought at least 15 this season anyways..he could still do it..but the way the offence has shut down...no chance...:(

felipe
09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Hmm...

I'd cut loose Vitti and Guevera - they don't seem to fit with everyone else and are rather redundant now; besides they're 'luxury' players and I think DeRo is all the luxury (genius) we really need with a settled side and a flexible midfield.

I would be surprised to see Garcia back - I rate him, but he shows his age more and more every game - and his legs didn't have far to go to begin with...

Madness to contemplate getting rid of Brennan or Robbo - experience is so key to everything - watch Robbo blossom again (if he gets the chance) playing with quality like DeGuz - but if we do lose Robbo - I think cronin can do the job - but I hope he stays another year - Cronin will be the better for it in the long run, as will Sanyang.

We have a huge advantage next year in that we will lose noone to int'l duty.

All we need to do really is to decide on our best 11, pick the formation that suits them best (I think a traditional 442 would work very nicely - or maybe a variation on Blackburn's current structure with DeRo in the Dunn position) and give them 10 straight starts together.

Frei
Brennan - Nana - Serioux - Wynne
Barrett - Robbo - DeGuzman - Cronin
DeRo
Gerba

And Sanyang, OBW, Gala, and Gomez are real options...Ibby is what, 17? He's got oodles of time to get smarter on the pitch...and the new left back - well its hard to make judgments till we see him, but you gotta figure(hope) he's good enough.

By my count, thats 16 outfield players that can play and legitimatley fight for a starting spot.

To me the weak spot is still on central D - we need a stud there; either Serioux or Nana are fine, but they need an experienced guy with them. Maybe Marshall is looking to leave columbus? Or maybe slide Robbo to centre D - he's got a whole offseason to perfect it. He has the quality, positioning and intellect to make the switch...Or move Brennan to centre D to get Gala or Fellinga on the pitch?

At least we have capable players now that warrant a discussion on who should start - alot better than picking between Cunningham and Lombardo...

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I agree with most of the player and coach cuts but my biggest priority is to remind people to stop quoting mighty.

Chewy Unikronik
09-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Just some thoughts I have after last nights game.
4) Resign Vitti for half of the amount of his contract. Argentinians take a while to get used to in this league. Next year is going to be his breakout year mark my words.
HUH???? Is it something about their DNA make-up???

TFC07
09-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Hmm...

I'd cut loose Vitti and Guevera - they don't seem to fit with everyone else and are rather redundant now; besides they're 'luxury' players and I think DeRo is all the luxury (genius) we really need with a settled side and a flexible midfield.

I would be surprised to see Garcia back - I rate him, but he shows his age more and more every game - and his legs didn't have far to go to begin with...

Madness to contemplate getting rid of Brennan or Robbo - experience is so key to everything - watch Robbo blossom again (if he gets the chance) playing with quality like DeGuz - but if we do lose Robbo - I think cronin can do the job - but I hope he stays another year - Cronin will be the better for it in the long run, as will Sanyang.

We have a huge advantage next year in that we will lose noone to int'l duty.

All we need to do really is to decide on our best 11, pick the formation that suits them best (I think a traditional 442 would work very nicely - or maybe a variation on Blackburn's current structure with DeRo in the Dunn position) and give them 10 straight starts together.

Frei
Brennan - Nana - Serioux - Wynne
Barrett - Robbo - DeGuzman - Cronin
DeRo
Gerba

And Sanyang, OBW, Gala, and Gomez are real options...Ibby is what, 17? He's got oodles of time to get smarter on the pitch...and the new left back - well its hard to make judgments till we see him, but you gotta figure(hope) he's good enough.

By my count, thats 16 outfield players that can play and legitimatley fight for a starting spot.

To me the weak spot is still on central D - we need a stud there; either Serioux or Nana are fine, but they need an experienced guy with them. Maybe Marshall is looking to leave columbus? Or maybe slide Robbo to centre D - he's got a whole offseason to perfect it. He has the quality, positioning and intellect to make the switch...Or move Brennan to centre D to get Gala or Fellinga on the pitch?

At least we have capable players now that warrant a discussion on who should start - alot better than picking between Cunningham and Lombardo...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You want to get rid of Guevara and Vitti, but not Barrett and Robbo. :facepalm:

fetajr
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Hire Steven Hart

fetajr
09-21-2009, 12:22 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You want to get rid of Guevara and Vitti, but not Barrett and Robbo. :facepalm:

no kidding..barrett and robbo are useless now.