PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or did JDG look a bit lost?

prizby
09-20-2009, 02:46 AM
To me, JDG, looked like he was unsure what his teammates were doing/thinking, sure he made tons of nice 1 touches, but it seemed like when he tried to help his teammates, they didn't really respond

for example: he was trying to lead Garcia to the right flank, where there was a lot of space, and Garcia decided to change ways instead of following JDG

I certainly felt that he was not on the same page as TFC whether it is a step down or just a totally different system

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2009, 03:22 AM
I'm sure it was a bit of both. JDG has never played with a lot of these guys before, so it will take a while before he gets in sync with them. Probably not until next season, even.

- Scott

sweetlemon69
09-20-2009, 03:55 AM
pretty standard for a guy's first game with 1 or 2 practices.

stretchthetruth
09-20-2009, 04:10 AM
As for the Garcia example, not exactly a wizard out there... Maybe he was the one who was a little lost...

Damien
09-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeh you lost me at Garcia :lol: ... yeh lets just say JDG isn't up to Garcia's pace lolololol, slow down Julian, slow down!

Menelaos
09-20-2009, 08:18 AM
It takes time to get used to what others do. I am not surprised at all to have seen him like that. If he's still like that after 3-4 games, then we have an issue.

Dirk Diggler
09-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I think it would be foolish to expect any sort of significant contribution from him until the beginning of next season.

pekduck
09-20-2009, 08:26 AM
a little unsure where his teammates are, which, honestly, is half of the problem, his teammates are unsure where they should be, that's another half of the problem.

albeit not at his 100%, JDG is the best skilled player on the pitch for TFC, quick turn, quick touch, quick pass, still very smooth in the game, takes on average 1 sec to receive, turn, look, pass.

cronin, guevara, etc, receive pass, hold, dribble dribble, look, pass, over 3-4 seconds, and any space are shut down already

xj Darrell
09-20-2009, 08:37 AM
They definitely looked awkward going forward. JDG and Amado found themselves in the same space a few times especially in the first half. The ball spent allot of time in the midfield.
JDG passed the ball to where players should be going.... they will eventually catch on. Some miscommunication is inevitable.
I'm really not a fan of DeRo playing as a forward.

London
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
it has been 1 game and 5 practices!!!!

what do you realy expect?

canadian_bhoy
09-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I thought JDG was miles better than any of our other players (DeRo was also good). I don't think he looked lost - it was funny though, he was running when he didn't have the ball...and when he passed the ball, he would run either into space or back into position and when he got the ball, he also ran with it....

I've never seen anyone on our team do that before.

I think he's found, the rest are the ones that are lost.

pekduck
09-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I thought JDG was miles better than any of our other players (DeRo was also good). I don't think he looked lost - it was funny though, he was running when he didn't have the ball...and when he passed the ball, he would run either into space or back into position and when he got the ball, he also ran with it....

+1

precisely

Pigfynn
09-20-2009, 08:54 AM

LOL Absolutely bang on

LucaGol
09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
A bit lost? ... being out of form and unfamiliar with his teammates, that was nevertheless probably one of the more complete performances by a TFC player all year.

Did you not see how fluid the midfield was yesterday?

A bit languid yes ... but the passing was fairly crisp and with purpose.

The reason we lost yesterday was horrendous defending and missing the final ball in attack.

Other than that we probably deserved something from the game, just purely based on possession, which did lead to at least 3 legitimate scoring occasions.

CoachGT
09-20-2009, 09:05 AM

This is absolutely correct. Although I thought he and De Ro played well off each other, and you could sort of tell that he'd played with Gerba and Brennan before.

mmmikey
09-20-2009, 09:24 AM

100%

InTheCrowd
09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
He was one of the weaker players on the pitch. I was dissapointed with his performance regardless of his recent lack of games. He has learned from today/yesterday and better pick it up for next game.

koryo
09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
JDG added some real quality to this team in the first half. It went pear-shaped in the second half because, inexplicably, they stopped playing the ball through him and reverted to route 1 instead.

prizby
09-20-2009, 10:07 AM
so yeah, i was completely drunk out of my mind last night (found 20 beer cans and a mickey in my rooom loool)

the one thing i liked about JDG was all his passes or almost all of them were 1 touch

I think he was toooo skilled for the other TFC players (thats where I came across wrong in my original topic)

FluSH
09-20-2009, 10:16 AM
They definitely looked awkward going forward. JDG and Amado found themselves in the same space a few times especially in the first half. The ball spent allot of time in the midfield.
JDG passed the ball to where players should be going.... they will eventually catch on. Some miscommunication is inevitable.
I'm really not a fan of DeRo playing as a forward.

Exactly... passing to open space where players should be going without the ball! believe it or not people... It's a new concept to our team... I thought JDG was excellent besides that unneeded tackle, and I was one of the few on this board who didn't want JDG on this team... I still think he is the wrong player for us... but his skill yesterday was shown...

Outcome: Either JDG's play will be waterdown by this team... or JDG will elevate this team to new heights... I hope it's not the former.

koryo
09-20-2009, 10:19 AM
so yeah, i was completely drunk out of my mind last night (found 20 beer cans and a mickey in my rooom loool)

the one thing i liked about JDG was all his passes or almost all of them were 1 touch

I think he was toooo skilled for the other TFC players (thats where I came across wrong in my original topic)

That's a fair point. I just hope that he doesn't bring down his level to suit this team. I hope this team learns to play through him.

If anyone was lost last night, it had to be Brennan (who basically allowed Beckham to serve up two goals) and Cummins for his mind-boggling substitutions in the second half.

FluSH
09-20-2009, 10:23 AM
^^^
I can't blame Cummins for the subs.... they probably came to late though... Gerba should have been out by the half... give him an Angry Whopper and have him take a seat.

koryo
09-20-2009, 10:29 AM
^^^
I can't blame Cummins for the subs.... they probably came to late though... Gerba should have been out by the half... give him an Angry Whopper and have him take a seat.

You can't blame the manager for team substitutions? You're putting me on. White for Gerba made perfect sense, but the other two only brought on lesser players.

FluSH
09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
You can't blame the manager for team substitutions? You're putting me on. White for Gerba made perfect sense, but the other two only brought on lesser players.

Ok so we agree with White for Gerba....

Felinga came on for Barrett... and Cronin for Vitti. Personally, I think Barrett was more of a threat than Felinga.... but Cummins needed a spark out there and probably thought to replicate the OBW lineup that had scored the previous time... Vitti for Cronin... well we dominated the midfield, but we weren't doing anything really to penetrate the box... (outshot by 6!) We've all seen the craftyness that Vitti can produce at times and the many times that he hits the wood from just outside the box... To me that was a good sub... probably too late though as the team was deflated by then...

InTheCrowd
09-20-2009, 11:00 AM
For some reason I remember Fellinga coming on for Gerba.

Lucky Strike
09-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I dont hesitate to criticize members of this team at all. But JDG has to get a pass for this game and probably until the start of 2010. He's going to have a lot of pressure on him being the DP in Toronto (probably the harshest fans in the league) he doesn't need us getting on his case after one game. Let's not be stupid and be reasonable in our expectations. He's not going to score a brace every match.

Manutd #1
09-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I do not think he looked outta place at all I think he is used to playing with and against world class players lets be honest there is not many of those on the pitch at anytime in the mls the game is alot slower he was passing into positions that he believed there SHOULD be players but nobody made runs, his pass to gerba was world class....I think he will gel with this team very quickly probably by next week

Sullivan
09-20-2009, 11:38 AM
ProZone stats had him in top fifth in touches, passes and passing accuracy but what was more telling was his quality and speed of making decisions on the ball.

He found and created space all night, at will; much of it was wasted by others with a less than stellar ability to make decisions or keep up, OFF-THE-BALL!!!

The next gaffer has a lot to figure out.

Positive side is he's going to get better and the smarter players will adapt and gravitate to him. As the cliche goes, JDG's game will "separate the wheat from the chaff". Negative, I'm thinking TFC has more chaff than wheat. So it won't take long.

Kaz
09-20-2009, 12:00 PM
White went on for Barrett
Fellinga for Gerba
Vitti for Cronin

we were playing basicly a 4-5-1 with player not in natural positions.

This allowed the galaxy defense to concentrate and styme TFCs attacks and because Wynne and Brennan are seldom in position, and Garcia is to slow, and JDG was being played out of his natural position, you allowed galaxy to walk all over us... just like every away game we've had.

We were basicly playing with one proper defender. That being said JDG still had a bigger impact on defending then Wynne did...

MLSE needs to go shopping for a strong coach, and spend the money a coaching staff that is going to fix the issues on this team.. and a couple of defender to replace Garcia Brennan and Wynne. Fellinga and Gomez will develop but right now we have the worse back line in the league as far as I'm concerned.

James Oliphant
09-20-2009, 01:03 PM
http://twitter.com/mayormiller/status/4116626405

Missed the first half hour, and the goal, but must say TFC looks like a different team with deGuzman: organized, ball at the feet, patient.
about 15 hours ago (http://twitter.com/mayormiller/status/4116626405) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)This may be the only time I've completely agreed with a politician.

Roogsy
09-20-2009, 01:47 PM
This is exactly the type of performance I would expect after a couple of practices and first game out.

It is obvious he is the most skilled player on TFC and the 2nd most skilled last night (Beckham of course still showing incredible skill, that 2nd goal isn't one we have ever seen on TFC and probably won't for a long time.)

Next year, JDG will kill this league. This year...well...I will say it for the millionth time, it's too late. We needed you in July Julian.

Shakes McQueen
09-20-2009, 01:55 PM
This is exactly the type of performance I would expect after a couple of practices and first game out.

It is obvious he is the most skilled player on TFC and the 2nd most skilled last night (Beckham of course still showing incredible skill, that 2nd goal isn't one we have ever seen on TFC and probably won't for a long time.)

Next year, JDG will kill this league. This year...well...I will say it for the millionth time, it's too late. We needed you in July Julian.

You could tell even over the course of the game - Julian got way more comfortable, the passes got way better, and he got into a bit of a groove.

He will be fine. Anyone who was underwhelmed, was expecting way too much from a player who has practiced with us a couple of times, and who hasn't played a game in months.

- Scott

Big Bruva
09-20-2009, 05:14 PM
A bunch of Julians friends got together and watched his debu.d i thought Julian played pretty well but ran out of gas and looked tired which is to be expected at the moment.

On Becks goal Julian and Amado were boh around him and maybe it should of been shut down a bit quicker.

Players like DeRo an Amado who are used to having the ball a lot will now have to know that Julian will get the ball a lot now, Julian, Amado and DeRo should have the ball the most throughout a TFC match and DeRo touches should now be coming in the final third which wil help with the offense.

Julian will make a lot of players job easier coz he is always an option and wants the ball so players like Nana and Marvell who are nowhere near great passers should be looking for Julian and Amado's feet and they have done their jobs.

I didn't think TFC would make the playoffs before Julian came and nothing changed when i knew Julian was coming but they still need to give a 100% till its mathmatically impossible obviously.

Found out some interesting news about another big name TFC player lol there will be a few changes to the roster and one or two by choice.

ArmenJBX
09-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Big Bruva...spill them beans.

Send me a PM or something, I need to know who this guy is. :D

Big Bruva
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Pretty sure the info will come out soon at least for one of the players Jimmy.

I can see Julian to get ting very frustrated with the players around him. He won't really show it too much coz of the person he is but we will see, hope im wrong.

InTheCrowd
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Please tell us? When you say something like that you make me so curious! Please!

profit89
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I thought jdg looked pretty good out there

Redpunkfiddle
09-20-2009, 07:39 PM

I can see Julian to get ting very frustrated with the players around him. He won't really show it too much coz of the person he is but we will see, hope im wrong.

I saw him frustrated with the CMT players during this WCQ cycle- I can see him pulling his hair out if those passes into space go belly up due to a lack of ability from the team.

Pigfynn
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Jimmy needs to go. I'm sorry but I never say stuff like this...he's far too slow and always looks for the easy way out that doesn't require any hard work..

You want my advice...lol dump Vitti's salary and spend 300k on a left back...a fast one...one that won't look up and do ONLY one of two things: launch a long ball to noone or hit it square.

I'm sorry I know he's our captain...I'm just done. He just isn't good enough anymore.

Pigfynn
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh! and can anyone honestly say that Jimmy would be in the team if there was even a slightly different option and he wasn't captain?

Ossington Mental Youth
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
De Guzman brought ALOT to the table. Way more organization and you can see the build up and patience. There were a few passes that went astray but really that will come in time. Im a little worried he might have to play down to players levels, ideally not and he makes them get better

SilverSamurai
09-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I saw him frustrated with the CMT players during this WCQ cycle- I can see him pulling his hair out if those passes into space go belly up due to a lack of ability from the team.
Anyone watching the CMNT campaign could see JDG was miles ahead of pretty much everyone else on the squad. A lot of the time it looked like it was JDG and Hutchison running the team. De Jong and Klukowski looked good at times too, but they're nowhere the same level as JDG.

JDG should be the CMNT Captain. Time for Stalteri to step down.

So now, JDG didn't look lost, everyone else was playing their crappy self again. lol

I hate to say it, but while JDG is a huuge boost, if this team doesn't win against Chicago, the season is over. A tie won't be enough.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-21-2009, 12:38 AM
So now, JDG didn't look lost, everyone else was playing their crappy self again. lol

yeah there were quite a few passes where i thought this myself, a pass out to teh wing and noone coming up to get it (it should have been an automatic response)

Ossington Mental Youth
09-21-2009, 12:39 AM
once again, im worried that JDG will play down to the team rather than the team playing up to JDG

Keegan
09-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Anyone watching the CMNT campaign could see JDG was miles ahead of pretty much everyone else on the squad. A lot of the time it looked like it was JDG and Hutchison running the team. De Jong and Klukowski looked good at times too, but they're nowhere the same level as JDG.

JDG should be the CMNT Captain. Time for Stalteri to step down.

I hate to say it, but while JDG is a huuge boost, if this team doesn't win against Chicago, the season is over. A tie won't be enough.

Klukowski and Radzinski were Canada's best players. I don't know which cycle you were watching but Julian and Hutchinson had poor cycles and Julian played his worst Canada game ever vs. Honduras in Montreal. he had one good game that cycle and it was vs. Jamaica at home.

Now if you were going to say that De Guzman and Hutchinson had great Gold Cups and ran the team I would agree. Klukowski has been Canada's most consistent player over the past year and TFC should have an eye on him.

InTheCrowd
09-21-2009, 06:25 AM
I don't believe De Guzman played a good game against LA.

canadian_bhoy
09-21-2009, 06:29 AM
I think dumping Jimmy would be a huge mistake. But if there is another LB option, I don't have an issue with moving him to the bench. This just hasn't been his season. Keep in mind he's got a lot going on off the field with a new baby and all - so in the offseason, hopefully he will train hard and come back next season in top shape ready to take back his role within the club.

TFC Tifoso
09-21-2009, 08:25 AM
almost like JDG looked "too smart" for the rest of the team (making touch passes for the give n go, for example).....maybe DeRo and Vitti are the only other two that can work on the same level as JDG......to me, the rest of the team will have to play up to him or he will have to "dumb down" to the rest of the team.....if its the latter, I fear he'll never be to his full potential here....

Shaughno
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
JDG definitely was playing 'ahead' of pretty much everyone aside from DeRo. He was making plays that, unfortunately because it's the MLS, just aren't there. He was expecting players to move, when they don't. He was expecting pass backs, where they don't typically happen in this league. Give him a few games to figure out the pace that his teammates play at, then he'll settle in a bit more. He and DeRo were the best players on the pitch.

Also, I had said it before, I don't think JDG and Guevara should play at the same time. They got their wires crossed too many times, especially in the first half. Maybe that will change down the road, but personally I'd prefer to see Vitti/JDG/DeRo line up.

TFC Tifoso
09-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I think dumping Jimmy would be a huge mistake. But if there is another LB option, I don't have an issue with moving him to the bench. This just hasn't been his season. Keep in mind he's got a lot going on off the field with a new baby and all - so in the offseason, hopefully he will train hard and come back next season in top shape ready to take back his role within the club.

For sure!! There is no other option at LB now.....Fellinga?!?! please, how is a small LB gonna survive in a league whith physical attackers? And even when another option does become available, I don't think its possible or even smart to throw your captain away. People give Barrett a little more rope because he "hustles" and "tries hard"......but Jimmy does that as well, and wears the band with pride but people shit on him......I don't get it. Yes he makes mistakes, but if he didn't, he wouldn't be in MLS.....really hoping TFC keep Brennan around and he regains his form next year.

TFC Tifoso
09-21-2009, 08:31 AM
JDG definitely was playing 'ahead' of pretty much everyone aside from DeRo. He was making plays that, unfortunately because it's the MLS, just aren't there. He was expecting players to move, when they don't. He was expecting pass backs, where they don't typically happen in this league. Give him a few games to figure out the pace that his teammates play at, then he'll settle in a bit more. He and DeRo were the best players on the pitch.

Also, I had said it before, I don't think JDG and Guevara should play at the same time. They got their wires crossed too many times, especially in the first half. Maybe that will change down the road, but personally I'd prefer to see Vitti/JDG/DeRo line up.

fully agree here!....but I think Guevara will be gone next year, so that might solve it....

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
JDG was a presence on the pitch and if not for a lack of finish by our (ahem) strikers, TFC could have easily escaped L.A. with a draw. TFC controlled the tempo for vast stretches of the match...

Chewy Unikronik
09-21-2009, 09:08 AM
it has been 1 game and 5 practices!!!!

what do you realy expect?
Copy. Paste.

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
I'd like to see more linkups between JDG and DeRo. There were few times that reminded me of Canada at it's best. Guevara gave up the ball too many times for me. Back heeled errant passes instead of back heel goals. Look forward to see what some more practise will do with JDG and the squad.

Pigfynn
09-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I for one never "shit" on Jimmy. I was stating my opinion that I for one can't see the upside to his game. He is slow. Is he not?
He hits and hopes 80% of the time. Does he not?
and this year he runs out of gas early in games,
gets beat by fast forwards and looks for calls for fouls
and offsides. am I wrong?

I admire that he was our first captain and that he's a local lad and all that. I just feel that moving forward to next year he can't offer this team enough to justify his inclusion in the starting 11.

Just my 2 cents

Ossington Mental Youth
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Id love to know what Big Bruv knows

Pigfynn
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Everybody's big complaint about TFC is the lack of consistency. Consistency on the road in particular. You're only going to see that change when our defense improves significantly. We need to give ourselves a chance in these western road games to win the game late on and that can only happen with way more clean sheets.

Upgrades at wing back and centreback are a must this off season.

brad
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM

I think this is the fate of pretty much any DP in this league at this time.

I remember watching Ljunberg at BMO - he looked really frustrated with his teammates at times.

mmmikey
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM

the general sentiment (not just u shaughno, but u have a quote to reference, and well your a man utd fan ;) that JDG might play down to his teammates is pessimistic. watch the game, and u could see JDG pointing to spaces, urging his team to move a certain way. i believe he has the ability to really boss the midfield and influence those around him and really lift the teams level of play.

when he drops deep to pick up the ball, he has already made it clear to the FB's that they are not off the hook. they must work up into space along the flank and expect a pass back out wide. at the start of the game, u could see him pointing to these spaces. later on, u could see they moved into these spaces on their own sometimes.. for a long time this team has done a poor job of moving off the ball and helping the one with it. i don't think JDG will put up with that, and the first game he played that was pretty clear.

JDG must get used to his new team, but they must also get used to him, something that will have just as much impact as his own individual play.

SilverSamurai
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Klukowski and Radzinski were Canada's best players. I don't know which cycle you were watching but Julian and Hutchinson had poor cycles and Julian played his worst Canada game ever vs. Honduras in Montreal. he had one good game that cycle and it was vs. Jamaica at home.

Now if you were going to say that De Guzman and Hutchinson had great Gold Cups and ran the team I would agree. Klukowski has been Canada's most consistent player over the past year and TFC should have an eye on him.
Sorry I was thinking of the GC. lol
Still the other teams pretty much marked JDG down. Once Radzinski was out, it was over. He was a monster during the game against Honduras. Too bad he split his hand open.
Klukowski's gotten a lot better which is nice to see because defence has not been a strong suit for the CMNT really.
Sound familiar? lol

SilverSamurai
09-21-2009, 10:27 AM
the general sentiment (not just u shaughno, but u have a quote to reference, and well your a man utd fan ;) that JDG might play down to his teammates is pessimistic. watch the game, and u could see JDG pointing to spaces, urging his team to move a certain way. i believe he has the ability to really boss the midfield and influence those around him and really lift the teams level of play.

when he drops deep to pick up the ball, he has already made it clear to the FB's that they are not off the hook. they must work up into space along the flank and expect a pass back out wide. at the start of the game, u could see him pointing to these spaces. later on, u could see they moved into these spaces on their own sometimes.. for a long time this team has done a poor job of moving off the ball and helping the one with it. i don't think JDG will put up with that, and the first game he played that was pretty clear.

JDG must get used to his new team, but they must also get used to him, something that will have just as much impact as his own individual play.
Agreed. Hopefully this will out in end to the high rate of turnovers and longball that we've sadly seen so much of.

BleedRed
09-21-2009, 10:38 AM

I wouldn't be surprised... coming to MLS and playing with people like Barett and Garcia is a joke. He's not a stupid guy and I'm pretty sure he's wondering how the fuck these guys ever got paid playing... Hopefully he lets the FO know and they do something about it...JDG might get frustrated but fuck...I have been for 3 seasons now...

trane
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Julian needs to be made Captain of this team, and it needs to be clear that he is THE General. If he is going to play as a deep holding playmaker, which is a role I like for him, it must be made clear that all those around him must follow his lead, or the whole exercise will be counter productive.

I think he looked great, for the first time, he will be a great on field general.

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2009, 10:53 AM
^I'll second that.

TFC Tifoso
09-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I for one never "shit" on Jimmy. I was stating my opinion that I for one can't see the upside to his game. He is slow. Is he not?
He hits and hopes 80% of the time. Does he not?
and this year he runs out of gas early in games,
gets beat by fast forwards and looks for calls for fouls
and offsides. am I wrong?

I admire that he was our first captain and that he's a local lad and all that. I just feel that moving forward to next year he can't offer this team enough to justify his inclusion in the starting 11.

Just my 2 cents

Fair enough, but until we gat a player who can suitably replace him, its a non conversation, really. Fellinga?!......definitely not from what I've seen so far.

And even if/when we do get that player, hopefully Jimmy B will be treated better than Dichio was.....I think he deserves that much, at least.

fetajr
09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
its just you. JDG was a force that did what he could. I am glad to see TFC moving the ball around on the ground. What lacks is a game plan (that comes from the coach) to penetrate through the opponents defense. If JDG looked lost, it was b/c he was looking for someone to pass to, and it looked like no one was making the runs or giving him forward moving options.

colman1860
09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
IMO, JDG was partially to blame for both goals, as he was unable to stop Becks from shooting on the first and put Brennan under pressure with an ill-advised pass before the second.

Apart from that, I thought he had a solid game. Looked like he knew what he was doing, unlike most of the others on the field. For example, the pass to Brennan before the second goal could be made without hesitation to any leftback JDG has ever played with. As he practices/plays more with the team, he will learn what his teammates can and cannot do.

Keegan
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Sorry I was thinking of the GC. lol
Still the other teams pretty much marked JDG down. Once Radzinski was out, it was over. He was a monster during the game against Honduras. Too bad he split his hand open.
Klukowski's gotten a lot better which is nice to see because defence has not been a strong suit for the CMNT really.
Sound familiar? lol

I thought the D in the Gold Cup was really refreshing. Jakovic and McKenna were a lot better than any other pairing we'd seen lately. Now we just need someone to step in for Stalteri... Edgar, Nana, Ledgerwood, Hainault or even Serioux.

Boondaddy
09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
To me, JDG, looked like he was unsure what his teammates were doing/thinking, sure he made tons of nice 1 touches, but it seemed like when he tried to help his teammates, they didn't really respond

for example: he was trying to lead Garcia to the right flank, where there was a lot of space, and Garcia decided to change ways instead of following JDG

I certainly felt that he was not on the same page as TFC whether it is a step down or just a totally different system

No he wasn't lost...but everyone else was. Thanks to JDG, the ball was moving forward smoothly and consistently for a change. That is as far as we got unfortunately.....

Chewy Unikronik
09-21-2009, 02:28 PM
IT'S ONE FLIPPING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Bruva
09-23-2009, 12:16 AM

Exactly bro, i think that will happen a lot especially for awhile. Julian must be thinking at Depor players knew what runs to make lol but some of it will come with time.

Big Bruva
09-23-2009, 12:33 AM

Exactly what i said before, keep an eye on how many imes they get in each others space or not close enough etc Amado is used to having the ball most of the time and so is DeRo but with DeRo it should be easier coz he should be getting the ball th mot in the final third but with Julian and Amado in the ball they will both want the ball and im not sure how that is gonna work.

If you look at Beckhams goal he got in between of both of them in the end they were both that foot too far away to make the tackle.

Big Bruva
09-23-2009, 12:37 AM
fully agree here!....but I think Guevara will be gone next year, so that might solve it....

:hump: i got that feeling too but we will see.

Big Bruva
09-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I think this is the fate of pretty much any DP in this league at this time.

I remember watching Ljunberg at BMO - he looked really frustrated with his teammates at times.

Freddie is a vocal person, Julian will just keep it to himself and we will find out after lol

A lot of the DP's are older and know they are coming to the MLS to end their careers so i think they put up with it and ccept it a bit more, Julian just came from La Liga and is younger but he is very down to earth so we will see.

PureTFC
09-23-2009, 09:43 AM
JDG was just fine. Put together some of the best passes during the game. The 30+ defenders are another issue.

FluSH
09-23-2009, 10:04 AM
:hump: i got that feeling too but we will see.

Young Family... Honduras in the WC... his role miminized by JDG... Unfortunately I don't see him here next year... He'll probably go to a team in Honduras and eventually reitre there (maybe into a new role as coach or director)... he is still very well respected over there.

However, who will take our set pieces!!!

TorontoBlades
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
All other things being equal, I agree that Amado is gone. But if the cap goes up substantially, and he feels that his career is at a point where he's comfortable coming in for 30 minutes a game, then I feel like we can afford to keep a player like him around.

Chewy Unikronik
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
However, who will take our set pieces!!!
Chunk Barrett!!!:)

TorontoBlades
09-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Chunk Barrett!!!:)

hey, maybe with more flexibility under the cap, one of those US teams might be more willing to trade for that contract and rid that guy of us :)