PDA

View Full Version : WWJD - What Would Julian Do

thepersianguy
09-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Has TFCs savior lived up to the hype?

JDG
09-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Can you really answer that question during his first game?
Save it for the end of the season.

Ageroo
09-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Played a fantastic game considering he is not game fit and has not played a competitive match in months.......

zeelaw
09-19-2009, 11:26 PM
jesus christ really?

TFC FORZA RPB
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
LOL

10 times better then watching Robinson, get the ball look and then cough it up

v00d00daddy
09-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Yup.

Next question?

Manutd #1
09-19-2009, 11:32 PM
he looked very good he set up a sure thing for gerba,,,he looked like one of the best players on the pitch in his first game since july....him and guevara hooked up very nicely too bad its too late as in a couple games those 2 with dero could dominate any midfield

jazzy
09-19-2009, 11:39 PM
he looked very good he set up a sure thing for gerba,,,he looked like one of the best players on the pitch in his first game since july....him and guevara hooked up very nicely too bad its too late as in a couple games those 2 with dero could dominate any midfield

notice the space they gave him, he controls the ball and is quick , make a move and he can make you look bad, an entertaining game is really, is all that counts....it's the only way to soften the blows of defeat, quality touch's

Keyman
09-19-2009, 11:40 PM
At the beginning his marking was mediocre, his tackling was poor and often mistimed, and his passes, early on at least, were wayward. Yet he seemed to gel with the rest of the team as the game progressed, and was far more comfortable and confident on the ball. If JDG is going to play as a link, from which the ball is distributed out to the flanks and forward, then his effectiveness is reliant on the play of others. He can send thousands of through balls into the box or out wide, but if the players on the end of those passes can't capitalize, then his value is lost. Today it was evident, yet again, that we have far too many players playing out of position, we have no ability to send in consistent crosses, and we pose no threat in the final third. In my opinion, De Guzman needs to be pushed forward in order to facilitate movement through the centre of the backline.

Ageroo
09-19-2009, 11:47 PM
At the beginning his marking was mediocre, his tackling was poor and often mistimed, and his passes, early on at least, were wayward. Yet he seemed to gel with the rest of the team as the game progressed, and was far more comfortable and confident on the ball. If JDG is going to play as a link, from which the ball is distributed out to the flanks and forward, then his effectiveness is reliant on the play of others. He can send thousands of through balls into the box or out wide, but if the players on the end of those passes can't capitalize, then his value is lost. Today it was evident, yet again, that we have far too many players playing out of position, we have no ability to send in consistent crosses, and we pose no threat in the final third. In my opinion, De Guzman needs to be pushed forward in order to facilitate movement through the centre of the backline.

Nice assessment.......and I think bang on.

Manutd #1
09-19-2009, 11:52 PM
De Guzman has the potential to easily be the best player in the mls.....you could see his quality throughout the game, we will see him dominating by the end of the year, and if we make the playoffs watch out for us as he will be reaching full match fitness......on the postive next year(lol just like a leaf fan there is always next year) he will have a full camp and pre season to get fit I predict an MVP season net year and i believe if we let him go forward he will score 5-8 goals most from distance

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I though De Guzman was excellent, strong passing, thought didn't break up plays as much as I would have expected, maybe he could gave Beckham a little more to think on that goal he scored.

Brooker
09-20-2009, 01:11 AM
loved the way he played.

as much as i love him, robinson should be nervous.

Blizzard
09-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Great job by JDG especially considering it was his first game with the club. Anybody who is disappointed should give their head a shake and pour the gravel out their ears.

Chevy
09-20-2009, 06:38 AM

FFS, do we need this thread?

London
09-20-2009, 06:45 AM
close Stupid Threads!!!!!

Oldtimer
09-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Closed.
Put comments in main thread.