PDA

View Full Version : TFC Wants Hemming Back?

sidney
06-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Just heard thru the TFC-vine that TFC is trying to sign-back Hemming. Can anyone out there confirm this?

hrvat87
06-08-2008, 11:35 PM
ahaha..where did he even go....ddint know he was let go

DigzTFC!
06-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Interesting, I wonder what this means in terms of Maurice Edu transfering? or Harmse remaining on the team. Hemming left because he didn't want to go back on a development contract. We don't have a free senior spot as Jarrod Smith took it (and instantly rewarded us with a lot of running a zero skill and finish). Sorry, I don't think I can watch MLS until after the euros. That wasn't even soccer....its was painful to watch

TFC07
06-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Interesting, I wonder what this means in terms of Maurice Edu transfering? or Harmse remaining on the team. Hemming left because he didn't want to go back on a development contract. We don't have a free senior spot as Jarrod Smith took it (and instantly rewarded us with a lot of running a zero skill and finish). Sorry, I don't think I can watch MLS until after the euros. That wasn't even soccer....its was painful to watch

hahahaha...so true.

EDIT: I hope TFC can get him back and move Smith back to development roster.

Brooker
06-09-2008, 12:56 AM
I never understood why we got rid of Hemming....

A lot of people were excited about the guy. Myself included.

It felt like a dream. did it really happen?

TFC07
06-09-2008, 12:58 AM
I never understood why we got rid of Hemming....

A lot of people were excited about the guy. Myself included.

It felt like a dream. did it really happen?

It was either he wanted more money & playing time or Mo try to low ball him by offering him less money (like $ 12,000; Hemming was making $17,000 before)

ua-kozak_TFC
06-09-2008, 05:44 AM
It was either he wanted more money & playing time or Mo try to low ball him by offering him less money (like $ 12,000; Hemming was making $17,000 before)
If that's the case then MO is a COMPLETE IDIOT.... The fact that he is an Idiot is nothing new, but this would put him in a higher idiot rank...

ACSertL
06-09-2008, 06:07 AM
ahaha..where did he even go....ddint know he was let go

I think he was on trial in Sweden....Djurgardens if I am not mistaken.

rocker
06-09-2008, 07:18 AM

the truth was that to sign Tebily they had to move somebody from the senior roster down -- that unlucky soul was Lombardo. So they put Lombardo on Senior Dev. But that required (apparently a league rule) that somebody on senior dev had to be bumped down to dev.
So the unlucky guy was TYler Hemming. Hemming was unwilling to accept to move down to development and that forced Mo's hand to release him.

Now that Smith (who was on senior dev) has moved up to the senior roster, that type of spot that Hemming held is open again.

Shaughno
06-09-2008, 07:20 AM
hahahaha...so true.

:rofl: You're kidding right? Smith has been the life of the team when he's on. Makes hard challenges, creates chances and is always hustling. IMO he's much better than Hemming and I'd much rather spend more money on a quality player, than another so-so up and coming player.

nimamalek
06-09-2008, 08:28 AM
If that's the case then MO is a COMPLETE IDIOT.... The fact that he is an Idiot is nothing new, but this would put him in a higher idiot rank...

wow you still cant admit how wrong you are about Mo? The guy brings in top quality players, makes incredible draft picks and brought in a top quality coach and training staff and you're still complaining?

Shaughno
06-09-2008, 08:32 AM
wow you still cant admit how wrong you are about Mo? The guy brings in top quality players, makes incredible draft picks and brought in a top quality coach and training staff and you're still complaining?

He hasn't stopped since I've seen him on the boards, nothing new. ;)

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
hahahaha...so true.

I'll take Hemming back in a heart beat. Get rid of Harmse. But demote Smith for Hemming? that just makes no sense.

TFC07
06-09-2008, 10:33 AM
:rofl: You're kidding right? Smith has been the life of the team when he's on. Makes hard challenges, creates chances and is always hustling. IMO he's much better than Hemming and I'd much rather spend more money on a quality player, than another so-so up and coming player.

fo sho! The best examples of that was last 2 games. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, he was good beginning of the season, but now he is starting to fall off.

TFC07
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I'll take Hemming back in a heart beat. Get rid of Harmse. But demote Smith for Hemming? that just makes no sense.

There's no way TFC can demote Harmse. I highly doubt TFC will cut a Canadian due to our roster restrictions. That why I said Smith will be demote to make room for Hemming.

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
There's no way TFC can demote Harmse. I highly doubt TFC will cut a Canadian due to our roster restrictions. That why I said Smith will be demote to make room for Hemming.

You are crazy if you think Hemming deserves a senior spot over Smith. This is coming from a Hemming fan who didn't stop bitching when he was let go.

jabbronies
06-09-2008, 10:45 AM
He's been signed.....just the word I've heard...nudge nudge. wink wink.

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 10:46 AM

Hemming signed by TFC?

TFC07
06-09-2008, 10:58 AM
You are crazy if you think Hemming deserves a senior spot over Smith. This is coming from a Hemming fan who didn't stop bitching when he was let go.

Deserve? It's more about Hemming wants more money and playing time. So TFC might grant him his wish.

Pachuco
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Deserve? It's more about Hemming wants more money and playing time. So TFC might grant him his wish.

We JUST promoted Smith to Senior roster last week. My god MO would be a moron to demote him now.

TFC07
06-09-2008, 11:03 AM
We JUST promoted Smith to Senior roster last week. My god MO would be a moron to demote him now.

Smith is only player on senior roster (I highly doubt Wynne or Edu will be demoted) can be moved to development roster due to age restrictions.

sidney
06-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Do you have a clue at what roster-level he's been re-signed at? When he left he was at the SD/$17k level (and Mo wanted him to go down to the D/$12k level). Any info you (or anyone has) would be much appreciated.

ag futbol
06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes effort! hustle! hard work! Not to be too synical but those are the last qualities i'm looking for in a striker.

Effectiveness is the name of the game.

reggie
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
yes smith works hard..but he can't hit the side of a barn....

pepher
06-09-2008, 08:42 PM
get the kid back... loved him!:canada:

GuelphStorm2007
06-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I Hope Hemming comes back, I thought he was a decent player, nothing fancy about his game, You can tell he needs a little bit more expierence to develop his game. I think TFC is best option for him.

Chevy
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
$12K a year?

Suggestion for the next pool: Would you play professional soccer for $6/hour?

J .
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Personally, I liked Hemming more than Smith. But they are different types of players.

Smith is highly overrated. What is his finishing rate? I've seen him miss too many sitters to think he is quality. Yeah he hustles, but at best he is a sub. But comparing the two, Hemming and Smith is like apples and oranges.

Hemming is a Canadian boy, with tremendous upside. He can cross the ball well and plays smart football. Like most Canadians he likely will develop at this age than when most other players do. I saw him as replacing Robbo or Edu. Maybe not with the offensive acumen, but as a good steady player.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM

Mo is building a quality team....we don;'t need hemming back...let him go to the USL!!

ExiledRed
06-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I'd much rather have Poz back..

nascarguy
06-10-2008, 12:33 AM
yeah Maurice Edu transfer to the uk if he is not going to be with us full time let find someone that will

DigzTFC!
06-10-2008, 01:21 AM
If any of you saw what Hemming did in the U-23 olympic qualifiers you`d want him back big time. This kid could easily oust Harmse within a year of development. I really rate him. He makes smart quick decisions distributing the ball and is a hard nosed tackler...he should be a DM. He`s not a defender, which I think TFC is trying to make him. The problem is he is 23 with one year pro experience. Given time he could be our starting DM (seriously). He`s got two years to make it to the senior squad.

King Tut
06-10-2008, 02:26 AM

QFT :iagree:

ACSertL
06-10-2008, 07:34 AM
I think he was on trial in Sweden....Djurgardens if I am not mistaken.

Whoops...it was Hammarby. Wrong Stockholm team.

SilverSamurai
06-10-2008, 09:43 AM
If any of you saw what Hemming did in the U-23 olympic qualifiers you`d want him back big time. This kid could easily oust Harmse within a year of development. I really rate him. He makes smart quick decisions distributing the ball and is a hard nosed tackler...he should be a DM. He`s not a defender, which I think TFC is trying to make him. The problem is he is 23 with one year pro experience. Given time he could be our starting DM (seriously). He`s got two years to make it to the senior squad.

I have to agree. He did really well w/ the U-23 squad.
I'd like to see him back, hell would be nice to get Poz back too since you can slot Poz anywhere!

rocker
06-10-2008, 10:02 AM
i don't want Poz back. He was barely starter quality on a shitty team last year. On this team he would barely get a sniff of the 18. We've seen how as the team quality has gone up, certain guys haven't looked as good as last year.

He's been dumped by two MLS teams already. He's not a kid. It's time to move on from Poz. He's one of those Canadians just not quite good enough for this league. And without the promise of a bright future due to youth.

oxygenatedbrain
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Good News, Sidney...

Pyeddo
06-10-2008, 02:44 PM
From what i'm hearing, he's back & its a done deal

MUFC_Niagara
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080610&content_id=164580&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

He is back

werewolf
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
^ sidney is going to be ecstatic.

MUFC_Niagara
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
i (http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080610&content_id=164580&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280) know he is

Northern Soul
06-10-2008, 02:50 PM
So in the picture he's Tim and in the article he's Tyler? :noidea:

Smuttynose
06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
YAY!!!!! that totally just made my day!

:michael: :fluffy: :pbjtime: :party:

ensco
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
We missed him - he was (and is) the natural replacement for Edu

Harmse may be gone soon....

rocker
06-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Carver on Hemming:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080610&content_id=164591&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Jack
06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Hmm...now we can see if all the fuss that Sidney kicked up was really worth it.

I wonder if he'll get any minutes.

ag futbol
06-10-2008, 04:57 PM
$12K a year?

Suggestion for the next pool: Would you play professional soccer for $6/hour?
Exactly. With how shitty the pay is we should just feel lucky we have anyone filling these.

BTW i'll take Poz over Harmse anyday (for the same price).

Phil
06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Carver is hoping there will be more new arrivals soon. "We are pretty close to a couple of situations that will definitely improve the team and make us stronger."

hmmmm, I have heard this before...

sidney
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
^ sidney is going to be ecstatic.

fuckin-A!!!...and fuckin-ehh!!!...yup, I'm a happy TFC-fucker!!!

...as I've said (all along), this one solid-positive-playing-Canadian-player gives TFC much needed (game-proven) depth in both the midfield and defense.

Well-done MoJo & Carves for seeing the light!

Pachuco
06-10-2008, 05:51 PM
fuckin-A!!!...and fuckin-ehh!!!...yup, I'm a happy TFC-fucker!!!

...as I've said (all along), this one solid-positive-playing-Canadian-player gives TFC much needed (game-proven) depth in both the midfield and defense.

Well-done MoJo & Carves for seeing the light!

I think Carver and Mo read these boards when Sidney and I were bitching about Hemming leaving. They then realized the mistake they made and asked for him back. Sidney this was all done by us :D

sidney
06-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I think Carver and Mo read these boards when Sidney and I were bitching about Hemming leaving. They then realized the mistake they made and asked for him back. Sidney this was all done by us :D

Right-on Pachuco!...I say you manage the Montreal MLS team and I'll manage the Vancouver MLS team (even through we'll throw the games when we ever play TFC).

ensco
06-10-2008, 06:11 PM

Hey I was complaining too! ;)

Pachuco
06-10-2008, 07:28 PM

Hemming better play well or I can see us getting lynched by people on these boards :D

andyc
06-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm very glad he's back. Pretty sure that he'll contribute more than Harmse...

scooter
06-10-2008, 09:13 PM
i used to get pissed off with threads like this but now i just canny be bothered so sod off
and come on you reds

Daveisonfire
06-10-2008, 10:06 PM
If we are missing Edu, I want to see Hemming start ahead of Harmse. I am not a big fan.

I had faith in Harmse, but after that Houston game, I agree in full.

sidney
06-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Hemming better play well or I can see us getting lynched by people on these boards :D

He's already played very well whenever TFC has given him a go. Not to worry. He's solid, and positive and imaginative.

J .
06-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Can we have a chant for Hemming now that he is back? So glad he is with us again. Great guy and I think he will replace Robbo (i think I am on repeat on this point)

ExiledRed
06-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Can we have a chant for Hemming now that he is back? So glad he is with us again. Great guy and I think he will replace Robbo (i think I am on repeat on this point)

shall we call him the boomerang?

sidney
06-10-2008, 11:44 PM
shall we call him the boomerang?

a boomerang is indeed a very good weapon in any arsenal (o fuck I said that word "arsenal". Fuck them better red then alive, right shankley?).

sidney
06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Hmm...now we can see if all the fuss that Sidney kicked up was really worth it. I wonder if he'll get any minutes.

You won't be disapointed with any Hemming-minutes Jacko.

sidney
06-11-2008, 12:14 AM

Righto ensco!...you'll manage the Hamilton MLS franchise. TFC is indeed deeper/better today, because of Hemming.

pat416
06-11-2008, 08:42 AM
So Hemming is back on the squad check the torontofc.ca

rocker
06-11-2008, 08:46 AM
So Hemming is back on the squad check the torontofc.ca

guess you didn't read the earlier pages of the thread eh?

Lenny Dikestra
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Hemming has potential IMO .. guess thats why he's back