PDA

View Full Version : TFC Logo on a Zune HD?

Stencils
09-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Not sure where this tid bit of info goes, so I'll stick it here and mods can do with it as they see fit.

Apparently the new Zune HD can be purchased with MLS logos etched on the back of it and Toronto FC is definitely an option.

Check out http://www.zuneoriginals.net/ and look for the MLS Series.

Thought someone might want to know :)

Pachuco
09-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it's too bad it won't be available in Canada ;). How ironic.

Stencils
09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, it's too bad it won't be available in Canada ;). How ironic.

Oh, people have ways ;) I remember when the iphone "wasn't available" in Canada too.

BFin
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh, people have ways ;) I remember when the iphone "wasn't available" in Canada too.
LOL!
I don't think unlocking a cell phone and stealing a cable signal while reprogramming a cable box really require the same amount of expertise.

Pachuco
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah the problem with bringing the ZuneHD here is I suppose you can't access the marketplace (which was the case with the regular Zune at first). If that's the case, then it's like having an Iphone without an appstore. That would suck.

Stencils
09-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Well, anyway, it's there. And I know we've got TFC supporters who live states-side, too.

I also found it kind of interesting that they're selling these things with artistic designs, XBox 360 designs, and MLS(???) designs? I wonder how that came about. Probably due to the Seattle Sounders deal.

MisterMacphisto
09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Microsoft could be giving away free Zunes and I wouldn't be interested.

Jimmy The Saint
09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Press release stated at the bottom that they would release internationally (including Canada) at the end of the fall (http://tinyurl.com/nw3zt6)

I know I'm getting one.

http://www.jamesdeane.net/TFC/JTS_1_Zune.jpg

http://www.jamesdeane.net/TFC/JTS_2_Zune.jpg

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Shame it's a Zune.

Jimmy The Saint
09-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Shame it's a Zune.

Seriously? Used one yet? It's a shame you were brainwashed by Apple.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I actually have only ever owned one Apple product, an iPod, and thus far have been extremely happy with it. After the Xbox 360 debacle, and its, in my experience, almost 100% failure rate, and having headaches with 2 successive computers with V*sta installed, I no longer trust Microsoft products. My distrust of the Zune has a lot less to do with marketing by Apple than it has to do with Microsoft's crappy products.

adamdz
09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
I actually have only ever owned one Apple product, an iPod, and thus far have been extremely happy with it. After the Xbox 360 debacle, and its, in my experience, almost 100% failure rate, and having headaches with 2 successive computers with V*sta installed, I no longer trust Microsoft products. My distrust of the Zune has a lot less to do with marketing by Apple than it has to do with Microsoft's crappy products.

Sucks to be you. I have yet to have issues with my Microsoft products (including 360, although I bought it more recently). I just got a zune on the cheap and it works great. If I find a deal on an HD Zune in the future it is something I would consider.

Microsoft could be giving away free Zunes and I wouldn't be interested.

If they do, grab one for me then (or two) :P.

C.Ronaldo
09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
i have a zune 80gb

i love it

i had an ipod before and it lasted 8 months before dieing on me

F the marketing machine that is APPLE and their low quality over priced, over hyped crap

Kaz
09-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Actually Apple products are generally rated amoungst the highest quality in product testing. Most Music players will work just fine, the Zune in any form is no better then any number of the other Digital Music players out there, except it isn't as good as my iPod touch... until the Zune can tell me my bus schedule in real time including how to get to the nearest stop where to get off, and when the next bus is coming, check my e-mail, keep track of TFC's games, check the weather, be used as my alarm clock, contain my contacts, all my photos, several of my favourite movies, let me rent movies when I'm out of town to play on the hotel tv. Play 3d games that I enjoy, and let me buy music by the independent bands I love, and lets me surf the internet when I'm in the washroom and how to get to the nearest... anything, then maybe, maybe I'll consider a zune, if it is a lower price then an iPod and compatible with the movies I've already purchased or encoded.

(My 5th gen ipod though the battery dosen't really hold a charge is now sitting as an external data storage device and often is playing music in the house. my iPod Touch I have kept much better care of, and after a 18 month is still got most of it's battery life)

Beach_Red
09-17-2009, 10:00 AM
i have a zune 80gb

i love it

i had an ipod before and it lasted 8 months before dieing on me

F the marketing machine that is APPLE and their low quality over priced, over hyped crap

Yeah, but aren't you supposed to buy a new iPod every year? ;).

zeelaw
09-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Zune :/

Parkdale
09-17-2009, 10:11 AM
My distrust of the Zune has a lot less to do with marketing by Apple than it has to do with Microsoft's crappy products.

I don't want to get into the whole mac-v-pc thing, but from my
own personal experience using both systems in a "power user" work setting....

If there was a computer that didn't crash, I'd buy one.
However, I have yet to find that computer anywhere.

Suds
09-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, but aren't you supposed to buy a new iPod every year? ;).

LOL ... Apple's done a pretty good job or resurrecting their company on this model.

Personally, I don't like a lot of MS products. I've owned Win Mobile phones, Win PC's, etc. And did not have the best experience. My old G4 laptop still runs flawlessly, love my iPhone. Can't wait for me my MacBook Pro next week. But hey, buy what you like. That's all that counts in the end.

:topic:

The Zune with the TFC logo looks really freakin' sharp! And as a gadget junkie I'm already thinking I may fall prey to the marketing gods, again.

Thanks Stencils ... this thread going to cost me money!! :wink5:

Beach_Red
09-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't want to get into the whole mac-v-pc thing, but from my
own personal experience using both systems in a "power user" work setting....

If there was a computer that didn't crash, I'd buy one.
However, I have yet to find that computer anywhere.

This is no fun if you're going to go and make sense....

Parkdale
09-17-2009, 10:19 AM
This is no fun if you're going to go and make sense....

okay fine....

It's not really a crash unless I see nerdy computer code on a blue screen.
A colourfull pinwheel is so relaxing that I don't even mind that my system is toast.

phonzo
09-17-2009, 10:24 AM
and having headaches with 2 successive computers with V*sta installed, I no longer trust Microsoft products.

I'm not really up for a pc mac etc war...but blaming a piece of software on failing hardware doesn't make much sense. The fact that off the shelf PC manufacturers cut costs in order to make things cheap enough for people to buy and then the machines die....not really Vista's fault...or Windows in general :)

In the end for Apple it's much easier to support machines that you have full control over versus windows / linux etc that need to support a whole slew of hardware they have no control over.

anywho my only post for this thread...great set of guys that recolour cell phones, ipods, etc. I'm sure you could e-mail and ask to have something done up with TFC...pay a pretty penny:

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

SilverSamurai
09-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Actually Apple products are generally rated amoungst the highest quality in product testing. Most Music players will work just fine, the Zune in any form is no better then any number of the other Digital Music players out there, except it isn't as good as my iPod touch... until the Zune can tell me my bus schedule in real time including how to get to the nearest stop where to get off, and when the next bus is coming, check my e-mail, keep track of TFC's games, check the weather, be used as my alarm clock, contain my contacts, all my photos, several of my favourite movies, let me rent movies when I'm out of town to play on the hotel tv. Play 3d games that I enjoy, and let me buy music by the independent bands I love, and lets me surf the internet when I'm in the washroom and how to get to the nearest... anything, then maybe, maybe I'll consider a zune, if it is a lower price then an iPod and compatible with the movies I've already purchased or encoded.

(My 5th gen ipod though the battery dosen't really hold a charge is now sitting as an external data storage device and often is playing music in the house. my iPod Touch I have kept much better care of, and after a 18 month is still got most of it's battery life)
You have internet on the bus?

As for your iPod, the batteries die out eventually. I had the same problem, but I went out and bought an $8 replacement and BAM! My iPod Mini (yes mini) is back to life!

Reason why I wouldn't go with a zune is because it won't run on OSX. Plain and simple.
I might check it out though at some point.

C.Ronaldo
09-17-2009, 11:49 AM
it sadly doesnt work with my Linux. Your right :(
it still ties me to windows.

C.Ronaldo
09-17-2009, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=Kaz;722718]Actually Apple products are generally rated amoungst the highest quality in product testing. Most Music players will work just fine, the Zune in any form is no better then any number of the other Digital Music players out there, except it isn't as good as my iPod touch... until the Zune can tell me my bus schedule in real time including how to get to the nearest stop where to get off, and when the next bus is coming, check my e-mail, keep track of TFC's games, check the weather, be used as my alarm clock, contain my contacts, all my photos, several of my favourite movies, let me rent movies when I'm out of town to play on the hotel tv. Play 3d games that I enjoy, and let me buy music by the independent bands I love, and lets me surf the internet when I'm in the washroom and how to get to the nearest... anything, then maybe, maybe I'll consider a zune, if it is a lower price then an iPod and compatible with the movies I've already purchased or encoded.

zune hd has a browser.
but how are you getting wifi on the bus? (viva buses?)

Kaz
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
lol as long as I can get a wifi connection near a bus stop (very easy to do) the iPod touch will track the wifi signals and keep track of your location so I know where I am and about where to get off. even tells me when I need to transfer. (or any connection near where I am, and it'll tell me where the nearest stop is)

First time I was in Hamilton I got hungry wanted Wendy's didn't know where I was, leeched a connection quickly found my location, it told me where Wendy's was, where to catch the bus, that it would arrive in 3 minutes, and where I needed to get off. The service is a combination of Google Maps, Transit, and Skyhook, which basically triangulates my position based on the wifi connections that the touch can detect without actually having to connect, once the service is started.

Most of the Android phones have the same feature, as does the palm pre I think. I don't believe the Zune HD has Google maps though, as I haven't found any info saying it does.

it's a great feature. (dosen't work every where, but most major centers in Canada and the US are mapped for it )