PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham et. al. Are a Disgrace

James17930
09-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Both Cunningham and Ferreira are pathetic little children. Watching them dance around like morons after each goal turned my stomach. Not to mention how this type of thing is completely disrespectful, classless and just plain idiotic.

At least Adebayor had a reason to do what he did. I were the FCD coach I wouldn't want either of these guys on my team simply because of the embarrassment it entails.

CretanBull
09-14-2009, 10:59 AM
(what about DeRo's strut?)

Kevvv
09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
You should be more pissed that Cunny has 12 goals, 7 assists, and is second in the league in scoring. And no longer plays here.

FluSH
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Both Cunningham and Ferreira are pathetic little children. Watching them dance around like morons after each goal turned my stomach. Not to mention how this type of thing is completely disrespectful, classless and just plain idiotic.

At least Adebayor had a reason to do what he did. I were the FCD coach I wouldn't want either of these guys on my team simply because of the embarrassment it entails.

They don't even do it well.... it's like they are followers and want to dance because all the other kids are doing it...

This is the reason I can't stand Cunningham... he's a straight up loser...

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
TBH, I don't really care about celebrations, but Cunningham is still a cock. He can only perform in places where nobody cares. He comes to Toronto and looks worse than friggin Collin Samuel and then goes to Dallas to play in front of a handful of kids and their moms and he's a great goalscorer again.

London
how is this news??????

Dunkers
^ Excpet 7 of those goals have come over 2 games...scores garbage goals, durring garbage minutes...pass

Lucky Strike
09-14-2009, 11:05 AM
You should be more pissed that Cunny has 12 goals, 7 assists, and is second in the league in scoring. And no longer plays here.

Completely. He didn't even rack half that total in two seasons here.

Nodoubtguy
09-14-2009, 11:06 AM
^ Excpet 7 of those goals have come over 2 games...scores garbage goals, durring garbage minutes...pass

well if we scored 7 goals in 2 games, we'd have 6 more pts......

London
09-14-2009, 11:07 AM
this is a news section!!!

take it to the other section!!!

brad
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
well if we scored 7 goals in 2 games, we'd have 6 more pts......

Only if two of those were game winning goals.

Nodoubtguy
09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Only if two of those were game winning goals.

odds are if we scored 3 goals in one game and 4 in another.....we'd win or at least tie

Red CB Toronto
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Look, the fact is two former members of the Reds Casey and Cunningham, are at the top of the goal scoring race this year, would it be nice if they were still here doing what they have done in 2009, yes to put it bluntly.

When it comes to celebrations I guess it is up to each person to decide if they like it or now, I know there are some rock solid supporters who think DeRo's little dance is over the top, but hey when he scores I don't really care what he wants to do to celebrate.

James17930
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
this is a news section!!!

take it to the other section!!!

Wow. Even taking the time to increase the font size.

Do some yoga or something.

London
09-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow. Even taking the time to increase the font size.

Do some yoga or something.

i can change the colour too !!!

if it is not news, keep it out of the news section!!

Kevvv
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
(and yet he can't find the Shift Key!)

London
09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I CAN DO ALL CAPS, KEVVV

James17930
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
But its not TFC related either, so why would I think to put it in here?

But fine -- so now it's here. The sanctity of the board has been maintained.

:rolleyes5:

Kevvv
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Ahhhh! My EYES!!!!!1!1!

TorontoBlades
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
some people play better when there's no pressure....some people are natural clowns

and some people play better with pressure, it's a personality thing

Cunny is a lazy fuck, and the less people notice when he does stupid shit like put his hands on his waist during a penalty, the more he can just play the game....good for him, no one will remember him like we did with Danny D - that's his legacy

AL-MO
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
But its not TFC related either, so why would I think to put it in here?

But fine -- so now it's here. The sanctity of the board has been maintained.

:rolleyes5:

Toronto FC & MLS Public Discussion Forum Hosted by the Red Patch Boys

^ ^ :)

LucaGol
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM

.... cause it matters over what period of time the goals came?

.... cause players around the league don't play garbage minutes?

James17930
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
^ ^ :)

Fair enough. But still . . .

London
09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
sorry to seem like i was attacking you, but that section needs to be kept clean for all
so they dont have to search through piles of bitchinand moaning about everything

brad
09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
odds are if we scored 3 goals in one game and 4 in another.....we'd win or at least tie

Probably, but I was referring to the part about how we'd have 6 more points. We'd only have extra points if the 3 or 4 goals game in a match that we hadn't won.

Nodoubtguy
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Probably, but I was referring to the part about how we'd have 6 more points. We'd only have extra points if the 3 or 4 goals game in a match that we hadn't won.

well considering we've only won 9 of 25, odds are they would probably be in a loss or draw

Pachuco
09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
I find too many people are jealous of what Cunningham is doing with another team. At some point you'll all realize Carver was Cunningham's worst problem. If I was Cunningham playing for Carver at the time I too would've shit the bed.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
And if I was Dichio playing for Cummins right now, I'd 'shit the load' too. Except Dichio scored and played well when he got his chances. Cunningham looked like crap.

Pachuco
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
And if I was Dichio playing for Cummins right now, I'd 'shit the load' too. Except Dichio scored and played well when he got his chances. Cunningham looked like crap.

Yeah he didn't shit the bed, instead he retired early :rolleyes:. We never saw Dichio play once Cummins demoted him to practice with the reserves. ok maybe for 5 mins total.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, it's clear that Dichio wasn't pushed into retirement to make cap space for De Guzman, whose signing was announced the day after. Not a chance of it.

Note to self: ignore registered users.

Pachuco
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it's clear that Dichio wasn't pushed into retirement to make cap space for De Guzman, whose signing was announced the day after. Not a chance of it.

Note to self: ignore registered users.

HAHAHA, that comment always makes me laugh. I guess that $25 really makes you special.

rocker
09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Cunningham leaves, and TFC gets better... coincidence? I think not!

Also, every team (3) he's played on for the past 4 seasons has finished last or out of the playoffs, including a season when he scored 16 goals..........................

correlation or causation?? hahahha

InTheCrowd
09-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Is this one of those don't let Usain Bolt be happy that he accomplished something threads.

EDIT: Feel free to do some adding to show us that Danny retired early for De Guzman.

DoubleUp
09-14-2009, 07:00 PM
You people need to let this Cunningham thing go, its getting stale and it serves no earthly purpose. The team has changed, along with the personnel.........let it go!!!
stop living in the pass!

DoubleUp
09-14-2009, 07:00 PM
:deadhorse:

bertal
09-14-2009, 08:04 PM

QFT!!!

James17930
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
^No, I don't even care. As Flush said, he's such a massive loser I wouldn't want him on the team regardless. And Ferriera -- I mean, what was that, 'rocking the baby bunny-hop' thing they were doing? My point was simply that they're both gargantuanly lame.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I didn't think there'd be so many Cunny apologists on here. They are both gargantuanly lame.

Manutd #1
09-14-2009, 09:06 PM
why are we hating on him, so what he left and now he is better, same thing will probably happen with barrett or vitti....its just typical toronto, example the leafs jason blake scored 40 goals for the islanders came to toronto and had a terrible season.

I think good for cunni and who cares how he celebrated if he was playing for tfc this thread would be totally changed to i love cunni and his crazy dances

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I find too many people are jealous of what Cunningham is doing with another team. At some point you'll all realize Carver was Cunningham's worst problem. If I was Cunningham playing for Carver at the time I too would've shit the bed.

maybe it was the abuse he took from some of the supporters?? yes fans paying their ticket money can yell what they want..but i can have a negative impact towards a player Cunny and now Barrett... Cunny shoould have been given more time here..but should have worked harder and ignored some of the supporters...Barrett works harder then Cunny did befiore he left, just not catching any breaks.

Shakes McQueen
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM

I think blaming Cunningham's pathetic run here on Carver, is giving him a cop-out. Cunningham had a job to do, regardless of whatever he thought of Carver. And Carver didn't start railing on Cunny in public, until after shambolic misses like the sitter against Montreal. I'm with the guy on the "It's Called Football" podcast - there is absolutely no excuse for not netting goals like that.

No excuses for shitting the bed as much as he did, and no excuses for his hands-on-hips lack of effort most games. I don't care if you don't like your coach - players are paid to play, and paid well.

- Scott

BoltonTFC
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Carver didn't make Cunningham miss a sitter from six yards that a mediocre 39 year-old beer league defender, namely me, could have buried.

Edit: It was probably more like 3 yards.

Pachuco
09-15-2009, 08:31 AM
maybe it was the abuse he took from some of the supporters?? yes fans paying their ticket money can yell what they want..but i can have a negative impact towards a player Cunny and now Barrett... Cunny shoould have been given more time here..but should have worked harder and ignored some of the supporters...Barrett works harder then Cunny did befiore he left, just not catching any breaks.

Holy christ this could very well be the first time that I've ever agreed with you. I think both Carver and the supporter's played a part.

Pachuco
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Carver didn't make Cunningham miss a sitter from six yards that a mediocre 39 year-old beer league defender, namely me, could have buried.

Edit: It was probably more like 3 yards.

Funny you say that, because many people would disagree with you. Go read the book "The Golfer and the Millionaire". It might teach you a little bit that if you convince yourself you'll miss a three yard sitter, then you will miss it. If I had a coach telling me how fucking disgraceful I was everyday then I probably would miss that sitter as well. Coaching has alot to do with it. He doesn't need to be on the field in order to impact the play.

Pachuco
09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I think blaming Cunningham's pathetic run here on Carver, is giving him a cop-out. Cunningham had a job to do, regardless of whatever he thought of Carver. And Carver didn't start railing on Cunny in public, until after shambolic misses like the sitter against Montreal. I'm with the guy on the "It's Called Football" podcast - there is absolutely no excuse for not netting goals like that.

No excuses for shitting the bed as much as he did, and no excuses for his hands-on-hips lack of effort most games. I don't care if you don't like your coach - players are paid to play, and paid well.

- Scott

You say this in every Cunningham thread Shakes. But Carver calling out Cunny in public was the last straw, it certainly wasn't the beginning of it. Cunningham was demoted to the reserves locker room a week before he missed that chance. This at a time where we needed goals badly. If you were treated like a little kid and sent to the little kids corner, how would you expect to play when you are called upon days later?

The moment Carver demoted Cunny he gave up on him completely. So he should'nt have expected anything more from the guy and he sure as hell shouldn't have played him once he made that decision. Terrible management, absolutely terrible. He even went as far as saying that he was saving space in the senior locker room for players that fit within the clubs plans.

If a coach said that to me, and then asked me to play for his team, I would've turned around and scored on my own net.

Shakes McQueen
09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
You say this in every Cunningham thread Shakes. But Carver calling out Cunny in public was the last straw, it certainly wasn't the beginning of it. Cunningham was demoted to the reserves locker room a week before he missed that chance. This at a time where we needed goals badly. If you were treated like a little kid and sent to the little kids corner, how would you expect to play when you are called upon days later?

The moment Carver demoted Cunny he gave up on him completely. So he should'nt have expected anything more from the guy and he sure as hell shouldn't have played him once he made that decision. Terrible management, absolutely terrible. He even went as far as saying that he was saving space in the senior locker room for players that fit within the clubs plans.

If a coach said that to me, and then asked me to play for his team, I would've turned around and scored on my own net.

How is Cunny getting demoted to the reserves locker room any worse than, say, William Gallas actually getting stripped of the team captaincy last season at Arsenal? That's a public embarrassment of the highest order.

And yet, only one of them reacted like a professional, and continued to not only do their job, but do it well.

And yes, I always say this about Cunningham, because it's all that needs to be said. Carvers rants and actions towards Cunningham took place AFTER Cunningham had already been turning into a lazy cunt, not before. He's paid to do a job, and the idea that being a useless twat was okay, because Carver didn't psychologically coddle him just right, I couldn't disagree more with.

In Major League Baseball, players that aren't performing, often get sent down for stints in Triple-A. And yet their typical reaction isn't to slump their shoulders like a fucking four year old, and give up.

- Scott

Pachuco
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
How is Cunny getting demoted to the reserves locker room any worse than, say, William Gallas actually getting stripped of the team captaincy last season at Arsenal? That's a public embarrassment of the highest order.

And yet, only one of them reacted like a professional, and continued to not only do their job, but do it well.

And yes, I always say this about Cunningham, because it's all that needs to be said. Carvers rants and actions towards Cunningham took place AFTER Cunningham had already been turning into a lazy cunt, not before. He's paid to do a job, and the idea that being a useless twat was okay, because Carver didn't psychologically coddle him just right, I couldn't disagree more with.

In Major League Baseball, players that aren't performing, often get sent down for stints in Triple-A. And yet their typical reaction isn't to slump their shoulders like a fucking four year old, and give up.

- Scott

It all comes down to what you choose to believe. I choose to believe Carver's horrendous managing skills had an effect on Cunny while he was here and played a large part in him looking lazy on the field.

You choose to believe that Carver lashed out because Cunny is lazy. Which one came first we'll never know.

All I know is that Cunny sure as hell doesn't look lazy right now and his stats speak for itself. On the other hand, Carver stats sure do speak for themselves as well.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Holy christ this could very well be the first time that I've ever agreed with you. I think both Carver and the supporter's played a part.

first time for everything..:D the thing was some of the comments directed at Cunny towards the end of his career here were totally unfair..we attacking the supporters end cunny got himself in great scoring positions only to have tha ball fall behind him or way past him, yet he took the blame and the midfielders giving him the poor passes. Carver saw the guy was struggling and sat him down, which is every managers right, Cunny should have picked his game up and tried to return to first team action,
he didnt and was done here...the same applie to Barrett if the fans ease off on the guy just for the last few games he might just relax and get some importnat goals like the cup winnner in Montreal!!

Dub Narcotic
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
People forget that the best striking combination we've had (still!) was the brief period of time when both Dichio and Cunningham were healthy and playing well. Cunningham got hurt, then fell out with Carver, and that was that. I think there is plenty of blame to go around on both parties.

ilikemusic
09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Cunningham didnt want to play here.

Whether it was the coach, the fans, the city, it doesnt really matter.

He was never going to succeed here because he didnt want to.

Maybe Mo learned a bit of a lesson in the first two seasons and thats why he has gone after every Canadian he can find since then.