PDA

View Full Version : F*ck you Toledo!!!

London
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
You make the refs in youth soccer look good!!!!

how many times have you tried to screw us!??

james
09-12-2009, 08:53 PM
i noticed 3 brutal calls that went out of bounds that they gave the ball to Colorado, even tho Colorado clearly and i mean REDICULOUSLY clearly touched the ball last.

james
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
oh and 1 brutal offside call to!! tho that was the lines man.

London
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
the colorodo player cleared it from the crease to the post and out and they gave them a goal kick!!

this guy has cost us games and tried again today!!!

Lucky Strike
09-12-2009, 08:57 PM
the colorodo player cleared it from the crease to the post and out and they gave them a goal kick!!

Yup, there's something wrong with him in the brain.

Rocco
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I felt he was fair 75% of the time. Much better than before.

Stryker
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Toledo is a piece of shit.
I get sick to my stomach everytime I find out he's reffing one of our games.
That fucknut should should be run out of officiating forever.
Oh and did I mention he's a PIECE OF SHIT !!!

TorCanSoc
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
When I saw him as the ref, I just sighed. He's brutal in every game he refs. He's hot headed. He makes a brutal call, then chases down any players who scream at the call. Gives the player lots of face time in a combative way. Then starts pulling out the yellows. He's a complete waste of time.

GuelphStorm2007
09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Lets face it the reffing in this league is a bit Dodgy, But the reffing in this region as a whole (C.O.N.C.A.C.A.F) is the same. So what can you do.

London
09-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Lets face it the reffing in this league is a bit Dodgy, But the reffing in this region as a whole (C.O.N.C.A.C.A.F) is the same. So what can you do.

Train the fucking refs!!!!
Pay the fucking refs!!!
hold the refs accountable!!!!

GuelphStorm2007
09-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Train the fucking refs!!!!
Pay the fucking refs!!!
hold the refs accountable!!!!

I tottaly agree with you but will they do it:scarf::canada:

shaun70
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Not great officiating but better than in the past with this clown. about as good as can be expected. I'm ok with this for now

Roogsy
09-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Ok?

I am rewatching the game (since I don't get much of a chance to at the stadium) and let me tell you...this guy shouldn't be refereeing amateur kickabouts.

Disgraceful.

Whoop
09-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I usually don't comment about referring... why?

Every team in every league in every sport complains about referring.

It's just too much wasted energy complaining about the refs after every game.

i.e. Chad Barrett and his yellow card today... unless you're getting totally screwed keep your mouth shut and learn to pick your spots.

billyfly
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Its a shame really since Toledo is top 5 city in the world for me.

https://france-spain-trip.wikispaces.com/file/view/Toledo_%2BSpain.jpg

Stryker
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Chad Barrett and his yellow card today... unless you're getting totally screwed keep your mouth shut and learn to pick your spots.
You mean when he got by the defender and was 15 yards clear to the side of the box but got tripped from behind by the guy?
Gee I can't possibley imagine why that'd upset him.

Shakes McQueen
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
You mean when he got by the defender and was 15 yards clear to the side of the box but got tripped from behind by the guy?

Yeah, Barrett should have controlled his temper, but you can't really blame him for being upset.

It must be so frustrating to be an MLS player sometimes.

- Scott

bgnewf
09-12-2009, 11:03 PM
the scuttlebutt I heard from someone close to John Carver (and this was relayed after Carver resigned) was that Toledo was the specific reason he went off on the refs in MLS. Toledo allegedly (emphasis on "allegedly") said to him that TFC would NEVER win a game he officiated.

Obviously today that was proven wrong. Perhaps Toledo did not have enough chances to fix the result.

He is a cunt of the highest order

Whoop
09-12-2009, 11:04 PM

He was fine... until he said something snarky to the ref to get the card.

Fortunately or unfortunately he could be on the verge of getting himself suspended as the team is making a playoff run.

Point though is if you come here after every game, there is always some criticism about the poor officiating... much like if you go to any other team's forum in any other league in any other sport.

Imagine in Europe, newspapers rate the referee's performance and no one ever gets a 10 out of 10.

Just realized I've expended energy on this topic. Geez. :facepalm:

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 11:09 PM

Doesn't mean he has to tell the ref to fuck off.

P.S - I'm a youth soccer ref. :mad:

Stryker
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I can't tell you the name of a single MLS ref except for Toledo.
He makes the others look brilliant. I'm not saying what Barrett did was right but Toledo gets me worked up just watching the game. Can you imagine playing hard, being tired and having to deal with that ass clown face to face?
I'm surprised he hasen't been choked out by a player yet.
Which reminds me... did it look to anyone else like Guevara tried to ethier snatch the card or hold Toledo's arm down as he went to raise the card? Frustrated players indeed.
I have no idea if it's possible or not but the front office needs to at least approach FIFA and try to keep Toledo the fuck away from our games.

Detroit_TFC
09-12-2009, 11:30 PM
As I've said elsewhere, I weep for the future of association football when that shitbird reaches for his whistle. He is a plague on the game.

Whoop
09-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I remember Silvu Petrescu because of his performance against at the TFC-Whitecaps match at BMO last year.

I remember Terry Vaughan from last week because everyone here, plus across the league, complains that he is card happy.

I can keep going...

It just irritates me because after every call that goes against TFC, rightly or wrongly, we start singing... hang the referee.

I hate referees but again... wasted energy.

twistedchinaman
09-12-2009, 11:39 PM
There is a ref named Toledo
They call him Baldy, but he's got a credo
"I shall always screw up calls,
Since no one will bring upon me my fall,
And forever MLS refereeing standards shall be low!"

end of.

werewolf
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM
It just irritates me because after every call that goes against TFC, rightly or wrongly, we start singing... hang the referee.

I agree.

However, this tool is one of the worst officials I have ever seen in any league that claims to be legitimate.

AL-MO
09-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I remember Silvu Petrescu because of his performance against at the TFC-Whitecaps match at BMO last year.

I remember Terry Vaughan from last week because everyone here, plus across the league, complains that he is card happy.

I can keep going...

I hate referees but again... wasted energy.

That was Steve Di Piero I believe.

He makes MLS referees look like they should be in the Premier League.

London
09-13-2009, 09:47 AM
whoopee, i would not have started this thread for any other ref.

you can't tell me that he has not been a constant thorn in our side and will most likely continue to be for the future!!

i can see it now, we make the CUP and he fucks us in the final and a lynch mob sets out for his california home!!!

CoachGT
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM

Actually, they called offside against Toronto. It wasn't a goal kick. Thank the linesman for that one, too.

London
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Actually, they called offside against Toronto. It wasn't a goal kick. Thank the linesman for that one, too.

you are right, it did get called that way, i watched it today.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Okay, I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to MLS officiating, but why was Toledo, a USSF ref, officiating yesterday's game? I thought games on Canadian soil had to be officiated by CSA refs. Of course, I'm not saying our crop of refs is any better.

Yohan
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Okay, I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to MLS officiating, but why was Toledo, a USSF ref, officiating yesterday's game? I thought games on Canadian soil had to be officiated by CSA refs. Of course, I'm not saying our crop of refs is any better.
seems MLS games are reffed by USSF officials mostly. CSA has had some refs for MLS games

twistedchinaman
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM

+1!

I know the Nutrilite games are done by all Canadian refs (since it's an all-Canadian comp), but aren't there good Canadian refs in the MLS pool that can do the Toronto games? Or would that be conceived as bias (most common)?

I mean Carol Anne Chenard (the ref who presided over the Shitecraps game in Vancouver) would do a fantastic job. I can totally see her standing up to the likes of Blanco and Beckham and all the hotheads of this league...

twistedchinaman
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
seems MLS games are reffed by USSF officials mostly. CSA has had some refs for MLS games

...But usually as the fourth official.

Yohan
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM
...But usually as the fourth official.
i'm going to guess it has something to do with MLS being a yank league, with TFC being an intruder

well, if CSA wants other canadian refs than Silvio Petrescu to ref MLS games, they'd have to talk to USSF

twistedchinaman
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
i'm going to guess it has something to do with MLS being a yank league, with TFC being an intruder

well, if CSA wants other canadian refs than Silvio Petrescu to ref MLS games, they'd have to talk to USSF

That was the other one...

Petrescu was a head ref? When?

Yohan
09-13-2009, 03:35 PM

he's reffed quite a few TFC games at BMO

pretty sure he's reffed a few earlier this season too

Blizzard
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM

He's part of the pool. Seen him a few times at BMO.

twistedchinaman
09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
I'd wager that in 2011 they're gonna need an extra Canadian ref, most likely...

Blizzard
09-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd wager that in 2011 they're gonna need an extra Canadian ref, most likely...

Petrescu has done only three games and DePiero only two so even if they were to utilize only the two of them, they certainly can up their numbers of games to a degree.

Obviously there are others out there too.

rocker
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
it's funny.. one of the guys who I thought was decent (that little shrimp ref) was suspended recently for fitness problems. even the other guy suspended for fitness (not Maruffo) wasn't that bad... I remember him letting TFC and the other team just play the game.

one of the refs I'd like to see in MLS is that Panamanian dude who calls a lot of CONCACAF games. Tough but fair.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-13-2009, 09:14 PM

Our Refs are not better they are actually worse Petrescu, is as bad as
Toledo..he seems to want to help out TFC opponents...DiPiero, Chenard or what ever her name is at good at being bad also...But at the end of day will have to beat the teams we play and not let the refs decide the outcome...we did good yesterday..now for 2 in a row in LA on Saturday.

London
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
how many fifa accredited refs are in mls?? 3 ?????

Blizzard
09-13-2009, 09:43 PM
how many fifa accredited refs are in mls?? 3 ?????

Way off. Both Petrescu and DePiero (the two Canadians in the pool with five games between them) are FIFA accredited.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=can/footballofficials/referees/peoplekind=ref.html

FIFA accredited referees from the USA are:

GEIGER Mark (10 MLS Games)
MARRUFO Jair (7)
PRUS Arkadiusz (15)
SALAZAR Ricardo (19)
TOLEDO Baldomero (16)
VAUGHN Terry (14)

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/refereeing/association=usa/peoplekind=ref.html (http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/refereeing/association=usa/peoplekind=ref.html)

So, if we do the match, of the 175 MLS matches played up to September 8th, approximately 50% have been refereed by FIFA accredited officials.

That's actually very discouraging isn't it!

B

London
09-13-2009, 09:45 PM
3 was a joke but thanks for solidifying my words

Blizzard
09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
3 was a joke but thanks for solidifying my words

Ya, well it does seem that in order for us to hate a referee, he has to be FIFA accredited.

What's wrong with this picture?

BTW, I think we can be grateful that Canadian Mauricio Navarro is nowhere to be seen on the MLS list.
Thank goodness for small mercies.

You might remember him as the fourth official that was so disrespectful to John Carver last year making
over the top hand gestures and generally acting like a little third world dictator. All he needed was the hat!

B

Kaz
09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I want to become an MLS ref just so I can punch Toledo in the back of the head..
I don't like some of the refing, but usually I can chalk it up to bad angles.. Toledo makes calls that he should never ever make..

when the keeper dropped for the ball and you could see about a half foot of green turf, between the ball and the line.. and he called it in... looking right at it.. is insane.

Toledo needs to be watch very carefully at MLS matches... though I think he's a bitch no matter where he refs...

MLS needs to get a few more refs trained, or hire a few refs from Europe and South America.

Lets double the cap, and introduce a Designated Ref rule, where a MLS team can pay the salary of a European Ref, and it doesn't count beyond x dollars against MLS payroll.

twistedchinaman
09-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Way off. Both Petrescu and DePiero (the two Canadians in the pool with five games between them) are FIFA accredited.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=can/footballofficials/referees/peoplekind=ref.html

FIFA accredited referees from the USA are:

GEIGER Mark (10 MLS Games)
MARRUFO Jair (7)
PRUS Arkadiusz (15)
SALAZAR Ricardo (19)
TOLEDO Baldomero (16)
VAUGHN Terry (14)

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/refereeing/association=usa/peoplekind=ref.html (http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/refereeing/association=usa/peoplekind=ref.html)

So, if we do the match, of the 175 MLS matches played up to September 8th, approximately 50% have been refereed by FIFA accredited officials.

That's actually very discouraging isn't it!

B

Marrufo has been suspended for the season -- no wonder we've been seeing more and more of the shite ones.

Blizzard
09-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Marrufo has been suspended for the season -- no wonder we've been seeing more and more of the shite ones.

Yes he has but that is a relatively recent development. He'd done only 7 games prior to his "suspension" but that probably had as much to do with accepting that shirt from Blanco after a game during which he seemed to be favouring the Fire. At minimum, one has to question his judgement.

Whoop
09-14-2009, 12:02 AM
That was Steve Di Piero I believe.

He makes MLS referees look like they should be in the Premier League.

I realized that this morning but I wasn't around to post. LOL

Petruscu might have been the 4th official in that game.

InTheCrowd
09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
I want to become an MLS ref just so I can punch Toledo in the back of the head..
I don't like some of the refing, but usually I can chalk it up to bad angles.. Toledo makes calls that he should never ever make..

when the keeper dropped for the ball and you could see about a half foot of green turf, between the ball and the line.. and he called it in... looking right at it.. is insane.

Toledo needs to be watch very carefully at MLS matches... though I think he's a bitch no matter where he refs...

MLS needs to get a few more refs trained, or hire a few refs from Europe and South America.

Lets double the cap, and introduce a Designated Ref rule, where a MLS team can pay the salary of a European Ref, and it doesn't count beyond x dollars against MLS payroll.

That one's the linesman dude.

Ratven
09-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Wait what did Petrescu do badly? I was under the impression he was one of the better ones.

druid
09-15-2009, 07:06 AM
The fans need to publically question the legitimacy of guys like Toledo.

At the ground we should not be accusing him of being bad but being corrupt and biased.

Afterward we should be trying to get it into the media's agenda.

MLS won't do anything about a crap referee, but if there is enough noise about bias/corruption they will drop Toledo like a stone.

After that the other refs will think twice about messing TFC around.

Since MLSE choose not to get it done, it's down to the supporters.

Start with some new chants. Not with the message that the referee is crap, but that he's corrupt. Send over a a squad of supporters to the tunnel at have time and full time to make sure the message get's across.

With the Americans I'd accuse them of anti-Canadian bias.

That's the way you'll get change. And if you're not willing to take that on, stop complaining. And stop the silly you're a wanker, bastard, blind, etc. They're not going to accomplish anything.

DangerRed
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM

Ever heard of conflict of interest? Even if the guy never officiated any games involving the team that pays his salary, he'd still be accused of trying to sway results the way of his benefactors.

Bad Idea Jeans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09snMu4www

Daveisonfire
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM

The teams paying the refs? That's a strange suggestion.

druid
09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
The teams paying the refs? That's a strange suggestion.

Works in Italy. No, wait minute....