PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic-"People left Stands Early" !!!

TIRONA
09-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Just finished watching the game on good old CBC. Would have rather been there but had to settle for the couch.

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I cant help but feel disgusted with the hundreds if not thousands of TFC "fans" that leave their seats with 10+ minutes left on the clock (plus stoppage). WHAT IS THE FUCKIN RUSH? The stadium does not hold 100K people, everyone can get out in a matter of minutes. Where the fuck is your passion? Just putting on a TFC jersey does not make you a supporter.

Obviously, this thread is not directed towards anyone on this board. The only section of the stadium that seemed not to be emptying was the south end. By the time the final whistle blew, looked like more than half on the east stand had left. Leave those seats for those of us who truly love this team. Those people do not deserve to be there.

TFC!!

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I was watching from the couch to. I'm not going to lie it looked really empty (with the exception of south end and 111). It looked like it couldn't be over 15 000 people there. And this was throughout the whole game, it was worse after half etc. Hopefully the De Guzman signing gets more buts in the seats.

kodiakTFC
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Only in Toronto can something be sold out each week but only be at 70% capacity. So many people in this city want to go to TFC games but have no idea how to get tickets. If you don't know the tricks to getting tickets, its impossible.

RedsYNWA
09-12-2009, 05:27 PM
This issue was discussed ad nauseum

I go to 80% of the games was not at this one as I just got back from Italy last night.
My issue is the Go Train....one train per hour going back out west, if a game starts at 4 I have to try to catch the 10 to 6 train back other wise I'm screwed. On Burlington Transit and have to dish out 50$ for a cab from the Go station back home.

So FoF to all you with no kids or family or lives. Most TFC fans don't live around the corner from BMO, some choose not to drink and drive and take shitty public transit.
It costs me 30$ per game on transit 40$ on food and drinks at BMO and most times 50$ for a cab home...plus the cost of tix. Not including the cost of my wife bitching at me for taking 8 hours of every other saturday in the summer to watch my beloved TFC

Don't bitch unless you are there game in

Lucky Strike
09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I hope part of the problem of empty seats despite being sold out is allieved next year. I feel scalpers are part of the problem; they've bought up lots of tickets to sell to people but people aren't willing to pay as much as they use to to get tickets. So a lot of remain unused. Also, some people refuse to deal with scalpers out of principle and I'm sure there's more who don't where to go aside from the box office to get tickets. Hopefully next year, scalpers won't buy as many tickets since they'll recognize they'll have a much harder time selling them back out and a more even balance can be achieved.

I'm 100% certain there's more than enough people willing to fill the stadium for every match, it's just a matter of getting the tickets to the right and passionate people.

Musse
09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
RedsYNWA = right on the money

people don't live downtown, transit is on their schedule not toronto fc's. While those who live close to bmo are home relaxing within 20 mins after the game, remember some of your fellow supporters are taking a 1-2 hr trip home.

TIRONA, i'd love to see you spend the money and time people like RedsYNWA do to enjoy the same team you enjoy. don't judge anyone.

TIRONA
09-12-2009, 05:38 PM

I go to 80% of the games was not at this one as I just got back from Italy last night.
My issue is the Go Train....one train per hour going back out west, if a game starts at 4 I have to try to catch the 10 to 6 train back other wise I'm screwed. On Burlington Transit and have to dish out 50$ for a cab from the Go station back home.

So FoF to all you with no kids or family or lives. Most TFC fans don't live around the corner from BMO, some choose not to drink and drive and take shitty public transit.
It costs me 30$ per game on transit 40$ on food and drinks at BMO and most times 50$ for a cab home...plus the cost of tix. Not including the cost of my wife bitching at me for taking 8 hours of every other saturday in the summer to watch my beloved TFC

why dont u save yourself all the trouble and sell me your tix?;)

And im bitching cos I wasnt at the game and would like to be sitting (or rather standing) on one of those empty seats.

Obviously, there are certain circumstances that I can understand but all those people that leave are taking off cos of the Go Train? Even so, personally, if i decide to go to a football match or anything you have to take into account travel time as well.

TIRONA
09-12-2009, 05:41 PM
RedsYNWA = right on the money

people don't live downtown, transit is on their schedule not toronto fc's. While those who live close to bmo are home relaxing within 20 mins after the game, remember some of your fellow supporters are taking a 1-2 hr trip home.

TIRONA, i'd love to see you spend the money and time people like RedsYNWA do to enjoy the same team you enjoy. don't judge anyone.

Im judging by the sight of empty seats. And noone is telling him to spend the money, he wants to and he does.

S_D
09-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Well said Reds

Tirona... some of us have lives. Some don't want to be sitting in traffic for an hour just to get onto the lakeshore. Some work evening shifts and have to leave early, as mentioned the Go, and I have had to leave early so I could get home to look after my kids as my wife had a function to go to for work.

Ridiculous.

denime
09-12-2009, 05:51 PM
So you have nothing better to do than bitch after we won very important game,that's pathetic if you ask me.

Manutd #1
09-12-2009, 05:52 PM
i think the BIGGEST problem is the stupid beer garden half the fans sit in there all game drinking beer, supporting ur team does not been getting drunk and going nuts and not watching the game.

I cant wait till they get rid of that beer garden

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 05:59 PM
The point isn't that it's the distance because obviously that wasn't the case for everyone. I understand many situations why you can't make it to the game and situations like the Reds one is extremely understandable. It's just the fact that there were so many people missing. That many people missing isn't normal for us. I'm on the season ticket waiting list and I'm not always happy only being able to go when somebody else can't. We usually have very good attendances. I don't know what was different about today but hopefully it will change. We are not trying to bitch at people please don't take it the wrong way straight away. I just like seeing a see of red and I didn't see that today so I was disappointed.

Batman
09-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I'd say enjoy the day... lets not find something to whine about today.

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
So you have nothing better to do than bitch after we won very important game,that's pathetic if you ask me.

Mate I understand your anger. I'm sure you yourself know that we did get lucky. That's off topic though. I just think we should be open minded and accept critique or compliments whenever regardless of if we won or not.

TIRONA
09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
The point isn't that it's the distance because obviously that wasn't the case for everyone. I understand many situations why you can't make it to the game and situations like the Reds one is extremely understandable. It's just the fact that there were so many people missing. That many people missing isn't normal for us. I'm on the season ticket waiting list and I'm not always happy only being able to go when somebody else can't. We usually have very good attendances. I don't know what was different about today but hopefully it will change. We are not trying to bitch at people please don't take it the wrong way straight away. I just like seeing a see of red and I didn't see that today so I was disappointed.

THANK YOU!!

And hey... if you gotta go you gotta go but are you telling me that close to half the people in attendence had pressing issues today?

Last game I went to was a sat. nite game vs Red Bulls. We parked rite at the end of Dufferin, watched the game, took a 10 min walk to the car then carried on with our business. Now for those complaining about traffic, why dont you park a 5-10 min walk away from BMO? We're all human but cmon guys, theres no excuse for so many people to leave before the game is done.

jabbronies
09-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I personally leave my seat once they announce the stoppage time. I then go down to the bottom of the section and watch the game from there.

That alone saves me about 10 minutes of waiting time - no joke, 10 minutes to get from row 24 to the bottom of the section.

I then walk to my car (which I park in Liberty Village) or to the ttc streetcar.
Parking at the Ex is a nightmare. Did it once, will never do it again. 30 minutes later you finally leave the grounds!

I think the Go train and shitty Ex parking plays a huge part of this end of game exodus by fans.

Also another HUGE reason people leave early is to get a good seat at the bar. I know Brazen head usually has a huge lineup after games, so people wanna leave early to get in. Not a good excuse IMO, but still a reason.

jabbronies
09-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I was watching from the couch to. I'm not going to lie it looked really empty (with the exception of south end and 111). It looked like it couldn't be over 15 000 people there. And this was throughout the whole game, it was worse after half etc. Hopefully the De Guzman signing gets more buts in the seats.

Scalpers hold alot of tickets. I think the corprate seats end up empty as well.

gmacpheetfc
09-12-2009, 06:24 PM

announced attendance was 20,000+ which is calculated by number of ppl through the gates......

MrHawk
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
So people leave early, so they can:

1) get home at a reasonable time?
2) go to their prior arrangements?

Or scalpers don't sell their tickets.............

TFC is back in the playoff hunt, after a few dismal weeks and people will still complain.

MrHawk
09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
announced attendance was 20,000+ which is calculated by number of ppl through the gates......

Tickets sold, not gate attendance I believe.

Belfast_Boy
09-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I've bitched before, yes it's frustrating to see empty seats and people leaving early. a few people cussed me out a bit and "suggested" that I wasn't trying hard enough to get a seat and they were right. every game I've tried to get seats for I've got em.
today my seat had my ass in it. went down before the game and got a ticket. only paid face value.
AND WE WON! lets stay positive boys and girls!

gmacpheetfc
09-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Tickets sold, not gate attendance I believe.

False they switched to gate attendance this year as there were a couple games which were just under 20 k and the NYRB game mid week which set a record attendance based on the gates

James Oliphant
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
False they switched to gate attendance this year as there were a couple games which were just under 20 k and the NYRB game mid week which set a record attendance based on the gates

That's your proof?

There were several games in each of the first two seasons which were under 20k as well.

rocker
09-12-2009, 06:51 PM
definitely annoying that people leave early, only because they block my view as I'm trying to watch the game.
if they didn't block my view, I wouldn't give a shit. I'm there to watch the game and I don't care about what other people do.

I'm sure there were 20000 there today tho -- at some point. Around the 30 minute mark the whole east and south stands were almost completely full.

denime
09-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Mate I understand your anger. I'm sure you yourself know that we did get lucky. That's off topic though. I just think we should be open minded and accept critique or compliments whenever regardless of if we won or not.

Please, explain Lucky?

T.O TILL I DIE
09-12-2009, 06:58 PM
R U Guys Dumbb Lol
The Problem Is This People Ttry Avoiding Traffic
Thats It!

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM

I'm sorry but no way were there 20 000. I'm sorry I had a beautiful view from the camera angle. Even in the 30th minute mark the east side had huge patches of missing people.

But many of you guys are right, scalpers are probably a really big problem.

Please, explain Lucky?

Ok maybe I used wrong words. We did well up front but very poorly in the back. I actually do believe we one this game fairly but these kinds of performances won't work in other games. Sorry I used wrong words.

TFCtoMUFC
09-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Just finished watching the game on good old CBC. Would have rather been there but had to settle for the couch.

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I cant help but feel disgusted with the hundreds if not thousands of TFC "fans" that leave their seats with 10+ minutes left on the clock (plus stoppage). WHAT IS THE FUCKIN RUSH? The stadium does not hold 100K people, everyone can get out in a matter of minutes. Where the fuck is your passion? Just putting on a TFC jersey does not make you a supporter.

Obviously, this thread is not directed towards anyone on this board. The only section of the stadium that seemed not to be emptying was the south end. By the time the final whistle blew, looked like more than half on the east stand had left. Leave those seats for those of us who truly love this team. Those people do not deserve to be there.

TFC!!

You cant solely blame the fans for this. The GO Train needs to be fixed as well as the lanes getting out of that lot.

ecospice
09-12-2009, 07:30 PM

There's a beer garden you can hang out in while you wait for the next go train.... You can watch Tony the Tiger and an army of little kids shoot on net trying to be the next Dichio. Totally worth it - there's beer!

:drinking:

rocker
09-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry but no way were there 20 000. I'm sorry I had a beautiful view from the camera angle. Even in the 30th minute mark the east side had huge patches of missing people.

guess I need to go get new glasses?

trust me, I sit directly across from the east stand, and I didn't drink any alcohol today. And there were not huge patches of missing people when everyone finally got there (or wasn't leaving for a piss at half, or the Go Train at the end).

Still, I'm not sure why people have this obsession with attendance every week. It's like some badge of honour to disprove the attendance report when it comes out.

Bars92
09-12-2009, 07:38 PM
on the contrary, i was at the game and it was fuller than it was in weeks! there was a great rally session after the game too. unbeliveable!

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Here we go YET AGAIN. It's the announced attendance is based on tickets scanned. And why is someone who watched the game on TV telling people at the game when they should or should not leave?

I stayed to the end today, but have had to leave in the past to catch the GO Train which runs on the hour - I expect that a hight percentage of people leaving earlier are doing the same.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 08:39 PM

TFC!!I was in 117 and quite a few 'fans' left early, as well. It's not like a hockey arena either where it takes ages just to get out of the arena, BMO can empty out very quickly. Bet you anything a lot of the people who leave early are also the ones who only get in their seats in time for the 15th minute of the match.

In general, though, east stand = epic fail. When you can make out the leaf pattern clearly during play, there's a problem.

james
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
i have noticed this in every Toronto Pro sport team. Toronto Maple Leaf tickets are almost inpossible to get, you gotta lose an arm and a leg to get a ticket and yet there stadium always has a good 2 thousand or so empty seats when you watch on TV. ( TFC has more like 4,000 - 5,000 empty seats). I dont know what it is with the city. IF you ever watch say Seatle Sounders play or Montreal Canadians you cant find an empty seat in the house ( Seattles case there is empty seats but only in the upper decks that they dont use).

What is it with Toronto??? to many rich people buy tickets and dont go?? is there insame amount of scalpers here??? do people just throw tickets away??

serious i dont get it.

james
09-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Here we go YET AGAIN. It's the announced attendance is based on tickets scanned. And why is someone who watched the game on TV telling people at the game when they should or should not leave?

I stayed to the end today, but have had to leave in the past to catch the GO Train which runs on the hour - I expect that a hight percentage of people leaving earlier are doing the same.

ya but stadium is half empty all game long.

jazzy
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM

TFC!!

In section 111 you can't leave until at least 10 minutes after with 1 set of stairs.....so slow down and enjoy the sights

james
09-12-2009, 08:49 PM
on the contrary, i was at the game and it was fuller than it was in weeks! there was a great rally session after the game too. unbeliveable!

i disagree, in 112 row 8,9,10 there was several empty seats....that never happens. Was the worst ive seen it. THe Rally was good tho, that is becoming a common thing after a TFC win this season, and I LOVE IT!

tho i was to tired and not drunk so wasnt really in the rally today. Usually i am tho.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 08:52 PM
^ The 'rallies' are the bomb. :D A great idea that should continue.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM
ya but stadium is half empty all game long.

I would argue that's not the case, my theory will be put to the test next when the new north stand is in place, presumably eliminating the beer garden.

From where I sit in 220, the stadium looks most of the wall full for about 10 to 15 mins. before and after the half. In that I take the GO to about half the games, I'd like to see the games start on the 30s, then I'd be able to stay to very end all the time.

Well I'm going to go watch the game in a hour on Gol now.

james
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I would argue that's not the case, my theory will be put to the test next when the new north stand is in place, presumably eliminating the beer garden.

From where I sit in 220, the stadium looks most of the wall full for about 10 to 15 mins. before and after the half. In that I take the GO to about half the games, I'd like to see the games start on the 30s, then I'd be able to stay to very end all the time.

Well I'm going to go watch the game in a hour on Gol now.

we have had games at 7:30 before. And i havent really noticed a difference, still many empty seats. Oh and we didnt have the beer garden vs Purto Rico, the new North End was packed but the East stand was still half empty.

And using the GO pick up times as an exscuse on a Saturday afternoon is kind of weak. Where is everyone in a rush to go at say 6PM....you miss the 5:45 train and what you get the 6:45 and you still home at 7:15-7:30ish...still time to eat, shower, pre-drink, drink and after drink and if lucky pick up a chick at the bar and fuck all night long!! :D

Bars92
09-12-2009, 09:08 PM
all i'm saying is the east and west stands looked a lot fuller than a few weeks ago when we were "officially Columbus" i.e all supporters section and nobody else.

GuelphStorm2007
09-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Hopefully in time they will improve the TTC or the Go train system. When I go I usually drive and I park My car at the parking lot beside Lamport staduim. H ave a quick pint at Shoeless, or The Liberty. and walk down maybe 1/2 km to the BMO. When the game ends We usuallly stay for more pints at Shoeless, Then we leave. In a ideal world I kind of wish the Gotrain was 24/7 and had a stop in Guelph.
I do notice a lot of empty seats at both TFC and Leaf games as games get closer to the end. But go to places like L.A. and other major cities and it is the same thing.

Heathen
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
i disagree, in 112 row 8,9,10 there was several empty seats....that never happens. Was the worst ive seen it. THe Rally was good tho, that is becoming a common thing after a TFC win this season, and I LOVE IT!

tho i was to tired and not drunk so wasnt really in the rally today. Usually i am tho.

well the stadium doesn't begin and end at 112, there were more people in their seats at kick off today than I've seen in a long time

shaun70
09-12-2009, 09:31 PM
There is only 1 exit out of section 108. Most of us there have kids to get home to or kids to get home. As a result, we leave at the 87 minute mark and watch the last 3 mins from the beer gardens with our kids on our shoulders. Don't bitch about shit you don't understand

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 09:34 PM
well the stadium doesn't begin and end at 112, there were more people in their seats at kick off today than I've seen in a long time

Unfortunately not from the television. All of this talk but I'm sure it will pack up a bit now that De Guzman is here. Hopefully it does.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
No offense, but that's not the greatest of excuses, and 108 isn't too far from the beer garden as it is, particularly if you still stay until the final whistle anyway. That likely saves you about 3 minutes at the max.

Not to mention, I'm sure not everyone in the east stand has kids, and even so, that doesn't explain it being- a generous estimate- 75% full every game, even in the middle of each half. The west stand also has a lot of families with children and it's usually full.

AL-MO
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't take the Go train to games, but how many people do?

Would it be enough that we could 'pressure' Go Transit in to adjusting their schedule on game days?

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, the GO is expensive, infrequent and the stations aren't exactly all over the place. I've always taken the TTC to BMO.

I know a lot of people take the GO, but not half the east stand.

Bars92
at least half the train is tfc on the way home. we sing. we dance. we piss everyone else off.

AL-MO
Still, I'm not sure why people have this obsession with attendance every week. It's like some badge of honour to disprove the attendance report when it comes out.

Agreed. I really have to wonder. I think this may be a natural process though. STH who bought because of Beckham or because of it being the 'thing to do', may be slowly leaving and hopefully being replaced good solid supporters.

I don't like people leaving early, but hey its Toronto. Seems to happen everywhere!

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I only really care for two reasons:

a) There are 16,000 people (one of them being me) who would gladly fill those empty seats for 90 minutes a week.

b) Unfortunately the east stand is the one shown on TV, and it's depressing to watch it myself and embarrassing to think this is what fans of other teams see of BMO.

Roogsy
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Guys...it happens at EVERY SINGLE SPORTING EVENT IN TORONTO!

Every event I have ever attended, win or lose, even if the game is barely decided until the final seconds, there are people leaving early. It is not TFC specific and getting upset over it is just banging your head against the wall.

Batman
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Frankly Tirona..I don't give a flying f*ck if you like when people leave the game or not.

This argument constantly makes me wonder why people just don't mind their own frickin business.

And as for your argument about you would have liked to have one of those empty seats... if you got off your duff and went to the game you could have bought a ticket at any time right up to the start of the game. At least the people that left early made the effort to be there at all...which is more than you did.

Finally, hiding behind the veil of "this thread is not directed at you folks" its at the others who leave ...just doesnt cut it.

I'm really tired of all these threads that go along the lines of I'm a more serious supporter than you or them or whoever... total waste of time.

It was a great time at the tailgate and at the game today...too bad you didn't take it in.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
My last words on the subject... This will likely offend some people, but I'm not attempting to oppose my own sort of weird principles upon others, this is how I feel and what I think and that's it. I'm not saying everyone else has to be this way.

If my parents had made me leave before the end of any sort of sporting event, I'd have been the angriest kid in the world. Maybe it's because I have a tendency to care too much about the things I care about (worst sentence ever, but you get the gist) but it just seems to me that calling one's self a TFC supporter and leaving before the team you claim to love is done playing is very insincere. If someone is really Toronto til they die, you'd think they could spare a bit of traffic in the parking lot to see the full match. Kind of like people who come to BMO wearing scarves saying 'All for One' and then act like dicks toward fellow supporters. Insincere.

A lot of people probably haven't seen me around, because I'm not a big partier and Shoeless is just way too crowded and loud for my tastes. But when I come to BMO, I'm there to support my team in full voice for ninety minutes, which in my opinion is what 'supporting' is about. Some people turn up, half-ass their way through the game singing one song every ten minutes, go 'wheeeey' when TFC score and then go to the afterparty. I don't really care if my voice is gone within ten minutes and I can't speak the next morning, I'm just interested in doing what I feel is my best to support TFC.

Being late is one thing, but leaving even ten seconds early is something I would never, EVER do in my life, no more than I'd come into 112 and stay silent for 75% of the game.

Batman
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM
My last words on the subject... This will likely offend some people, but I'm not attempting to oppose my own sort of weird principles upon others, this is how I feel and what I think and that's it. I'm not saying everyone else has to be this way.

If my parents had made me leave before the end of any sort of sporting event, I'd have been the angriest kid in the world. Maybe it's because I have a tendency to care too much about the things I care about (worst sentence ever, but you get the gist) but it just seems to me that calling one's self a TFC supporter and leaving before the team you claim to love is done playing is very insincere. If someone is really Toronto til they die, you'd think they could spare a bit of traffic in the parking lot to see the full match. Kind of like people who come to BMO wearing scarves saying 'All for One' and then act like dicks toward fellow supporters. Insincere.

A lot of people probably haven't seen me around, because I'm not a big partier and Shoeless is just way too crowded and loud for my tastes. But when I come to BMO, I'm there to support my team in full voice for ninety minutes, which in my opinion is what 'supporting' is about. Some people turn up, half-ass their way through the game singing one song every ten minutes, go 'wheeeey' when TFC score and then go to the afterparty. I don't really care if my voice is gone within ten minutes and I can't speak the next morning, I'm just interested in doing what I feel is my best to support TFC.

Being late is one thing, but leaving even ten seconds early is something I would never, EVER do in my life, no more than I'd come into 112 and stay silent for 75% of the game.

Great...if thats what you believe is right for YOU... fine... if you would never leave early...fine..

I leave early sometimes. I also have my reasons to do so. Does that make me less of a fan. Maybe in your or Tirrota's eyes. Not in mine. (he didnt even get off his butt to come to the game in the first place...and that's the part that bugged me.)

My point is let's all stop worrying what others do. If we all concentrate on our own actions and stop criticizing others and actually take some positive action to help rpb or tfc... like the tailgate crew today or the headshave volunteers we'll be a lot better group.

For people to lamely sit at home and watch on tv and then have the audacity to criticize others really rubs me the wrong way.

TIRONA
09-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Frankly Tirona..I don't give a flying f*ck if you like when people leave the game or not.

This argument constantly makes me wonder why people just don't mind their own frickin business.

And as for your argument about you would have liked to have one of those empty seats... if you got off your duff and went to the game you could have bought a ticket at any time right up to the start of the game. At least the people that left early made the effort to be there at all...which is more than you did.

Finally, hiding behind the veil of "this thread is not directed at you folks" its at the others who leave ...just doesnt cut it.

I'm really tired of all these threads that go along the lines of I'm a more serious supporter than you or them or whoever... total waste of time.

It was a great time at the tailgate and at the game today...too bad you didn't take it in.

If people leaving the stands early doesnt concern you then why did you even replay to this thread. If im not minding my own business, then you aint either. It concerns me, thats why I wrote something about it. Isnt this the point of the board, to throw opinions around? If some people dont agree, fair enough, although we seem to be divided in half over this issue.

I am not hiding behind any veil, it seemed natural the people that post here are more into the team than the average joe that landed some tickets for the game. I would think they are the ones leaving early. If some people from here have extra busy schedules on a saturday afternoon, then by all means...

Finally, I am not saying I am a better supporter than anyone. Just expressing an opinion. What makes a supporter "better" anyway? And I wish I would have been at the game today. I had my own game to play, plus other reasons. Glad u had a great time Batman.

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 10:27 PM
How did we get to the "I'm a better supporter than you" topic anyway? That wasn't mentioned at all.

Batman
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I looked at the thread because I read a headline.

It said "Pathetic" so I looked to see what it was about.

If it said "People left Stands Early" I probably wouldnt have opened it.

But when I read what you said... I gave you my sincere reaction.

Peace.

TIRONA
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
hah, alright man. Gotta admit it was a catchy title tho.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-12-2009, 11:44 PM

trust me it was full...it gets full 20 mins into a match and looks empty with 10 mins to go....what can you do..people try to catch the early go train to avoid waiting an hr for the next one, some went to shoeless..
like is i sadi what you going to to?

Bars92
09-12-2009, 11:52 PM
i've come to learn that I can only sit in the suppporters section (south end) otherwise i'd rather watch the game on tv. the lack of vocal suppport is astounding for people that spent $50 on a TFC shirt.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Leaving early, I think if people feel the need to leave 10 mins. early that's fine. I think some of the comments about the East stand being "empty" are valid, if not exaggerated.

I think those claiming this person or that person is "part time supporter", should bear in mind if there were no casual / less hardcore fans, there would be no team. For those of you saying things like "I'm on the waiting and I'd be a much better supporter than those leaving early", seems strange that such super fans didn't pick up the phone year one and order tickets (which were most affordable at the time).

neuf
09-13-2009, 12:15 AM

TFC!!

This begs the question; why did you post this here?

boomcha
09-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Why are you people bitching? You chose to live out there in the boonies. Not us. People can leave whenever the hecl they want. They paid for their ticket then they can do whatever the heck they want with their ticket.

Some of you are worse than my 1 year old with your whining.

TIRONA
09-13-2009, 01:38 AM
This begs the question; why did you post this here?

yer rite, i should have posted this on the other forum, the one that has many more members, but the 'casual' fans, not the 'hardcore' ones.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
yer rite, i should have posted this on the other forum, the one that has many more members, but the 'casual' fans, not the 'hardcore' ones.

Maybe we should just take the advice above and leave well enough alone. We all had our say. Maybe we should just focus on the numerous positives from yesterday's game.

Brooker
09-13-2009, 10:30 AM

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I cant help but feel disgusted with the hundreds if not thousands of TFC "fans" that leave their seats with 10+ minutes left on the clock (plus stoppage). WHAT IS THE FUCKIN RUSH? The stadium does not hold 100K people, everyone can get out in a matter of minutes.

i always stay 'til the end. but i can understand why some people who aren't huge fans leave early.

it took us an hour, literally, to get from the BMO parking lot onto the highway. you leave the parking lot madness after about half an hour, only to turn onto lakeshore to sit in traffic for another 25 minutes trying to get to the highway.

keeping in mind its a drive that normally takes 5 minutes. (not on game day.)

that's why people leave early. they don't want to waste an entire hour of their saturday night. the flow of traffic is absolutely TERRIBLE.

for me... the last 10 minutes of the game are worth it.

flatpicker
09-13-2009, 11:53 AM
^ well, hopefully some of these issue can be ironed out over time.

Not sure what to do exactly, but there must be some options.

I'm not going to call out those who leave early.
It is what it is. Soccer is not the only sport in Toronto that suffers from it.

Kevvv
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM
i always stay 'til the end. but i can understand why some people who aren't huge fans leave early.

it took us an hour, literally, to get from the BMO parking lot onto the highway. you leave the parking lot madness after about half an hour, only to turn onto lakeshore to sit in traffic for another 25 minutes trying to get to the highway.

that's why people leave early. they don't want to waste an entire hour of their saturday night. the flow of traffic is absolutely TERRIBLE.

For some reason, a cop car was preventing people from getting on the Gardner at Jameson. INo apparent reason, maybe the highway was being reserved for a very important celebrity from the film fest, or do they always do that? F'ing stupid anyway, the onramp is there for a reason, and by blocking it, the problem was just moved elsewhere.

Kevvv
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
^ well, hopefully some of these issue can be ironed out over time.

Not sure what to do exactly, but there must be some options.

I'm not going to call out those who leave early.
It is what it is. Soccer is not the only sport in Toronto that suffers from it.

I was more surpirsed at how many people managed to be late, even though the start was pushed back 30 minutes.

Afra
09-13-2009, 12:17 PM
What a great thread! I have never seen one like this before.

Seriously though, there is one of these threads after every home game and it is always started by someone watching it on tv. . .

To Batman's point, there were (and always are) plenty of tickets available up until game time. Not just through scaplers but also at the tailgate.

I left early as I had a Masonic event to be at and I pushed it back as late as I could. I sit in 109 so obviously contributing to the east side looking bare. I am terribly sorry for ruining your couch experience of the game.

I was there at 10:30 am though. I helped set up/take down the tailgate and cooked about 30 lbs of fries. I sold off my extra ticket for about 1/2 face value about 15 minutes before kickoff. But as these efforts were for the tailgate, I probably suck as a TFC fan.

Big game on Oct. 10th! Fluff your couch cushion, kick back, and enjoy the game. Perhaps you could print out a crowd shot to tape to the top half of your tv to avoid the negative feelings.

RedRum
09-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Solution: Park at Lamport or Liberty Village. Go west on Liberty, south on Dufferin, side streets through to the first Gardiner exit west of Dufferin (look on a map, can't recall street names).

5 minutes until you are on the highway.

Kevvv
09-13-2009, 12:22 PM
That ramp was closed off with a cop car yesterday.

romburgundy
09-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Im judging by the sight of empty seats. And noone is telling him to spend the money, he wants to and he does.

who died and made you supreme supporter/judge of other supporters?

I'm in the same boat having to travel by go or car and leave the family behind for 8 hours. And no I don't leave early because I feel like i'm missing something but I totally understand why people do. So put a lid on it or move out of mommy's basement and experience real life!

GBV
09-13-2009, 12:26 PM
leaving that parking lot is a nightmare.
somehow, they have to come up with more exits.
leaving five minutes early can save people 60 minutes later.
if that makes them "lesser fans" ... well, whatever . . .

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I have left TFC games early for kos that happen at 8pm or any friendlies that went into penalty shhotouts...7pm & 7;30 games are usually ok if Go transit ever expands to brantford with late service like the do to Hamilton the 8PM kos who stop being a problem but until then leaving early is not making me happy, its just nexessary!!

InTheCrowd
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
who died and made you supreme supporter/judge of other supporters?

I'm in the same boat having to travel by go or car and leave the family behind for 8 hours. And no I don't leave early because I feel like i'm missing something but I totally understand why people do. So put a lid on it or move out of mommy's basement and experience real life!

Where did that come from?

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't take the Go train to games, but how many people do?

Would it be enough that we could 'pressure' Go Transit in to adjusting their schedule on game days?

you get close to around 1,000 going westbound after the matches, which is why some leave a little early to avoid the cramped conditions that occur ie after a Jays/Argos game? Go schedule is set in firm as the tracks are not theirs but CN railways..what Go could do is has a bus stop outside BMO to the exit of the CNE grounds toward Ontario place to lessen the load of the trains...

Nodoubtguy
09-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I've left early a few times

If I leave at 89/90, I'm home in 20-30 minutes, If I leave at full time it takes me closer to an 45-60.

To each their own I guess.....

but to anyone that complains about the people who leave early and say they are not true fans.... In my case, I'm sorry but F&^$ You because I was banner tracing on Thrusday night and at the stadium almost 6hrs before kickoff to make sure that the Dichio banner was finished

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
watch the game. not the stands. and yes, getting tickets isn't that difficult.

Roogsy
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't get this whole obsession with what OTHER people are doing.

I have never left a game early. Big deal. My choice. Other people leave for whatever reason. Traffic. Go train. Appointment they need to get to.

Were they at the game? Did they sing? Were they cheering? Good for them.

I do what I want to do and as much as I can. That's what I am worried about. Concerning myself with what other people do is an exercise in futility and completely unecessary. Is coming on here or anywhere else to complain going to do anything about it? No.

Like what I have learned in 112...positive activity encourages others to join in voluntarily. Bitching and complaining to others about what they are doing never encourages them to do any better. As long as we are doing things right, I could care less if people start streaming out a few minutes early, is it affecting me personally? No. So what do I care?

MrHawk
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't get this whole obsession with what OTHER people are doing.

I have never left a game early. Big deal. My choice. Other people leave for whatever reason. Traffic. Go train. Appointment they need to get to.

Were they at the game? Did they sing? Were they cheering? Good for them.

I do what I want to do and as much as I can. That's what I am worried about. Concerning myself with what other people do is an exercise in futility and completely unecessary. Is coming on here or anywhere else to complain going to do anything about it? No.

Like what I have learned in 112...positive activity encourages others to join in voluntarily. Bitching and complaining to others about what they are doing never encourages them to do any better. As long as we are doing things right, I could care less if people start streaming out a few minutes early, is it affecting me personally? No. So what do I care?

Thank you, end this thread.

Carts
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM

TFC!!

Welcome to TORONTO...

TFC actually has good Toronto fans... Go to a Leafs/Raptors/Jays game and its MUCH WORSE...

Hell, at a Leafs game, its beleived 65% (source SI) of the lower bowl is not in their seats at puck drop, and its beleived 75% of the lower bowl are not in their seats at the start of the 2nd/3rd period...

Carts...

Torcida
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Who really cares? Support the team the way you want to, if the people around you don't like that, then well fuck them, their not the worth the trouble anyways. Go to the games to have fun, ignore the scales of "TFC fandom" do you what you please, leave when you please, it's your fucking ticket.

james
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
i think people who leave early are wasting some of there money.

T.O TILL I DIE
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
That ramp was closed off with a cop car yesterday.

every game its closed thats why people leave early so they can avoid all the traffic

Brooker
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Solution: Park at Lamport or Liberty Village. Go west on Liberty, south on Dufferin, side streets through to the first Gardiner exit west of Dufferin (look on a map, can't recall street names).

thanks i'll keep that in mind. i usually just take the gotrain.

but for all the other thousands of people who won't find another route, the traffic leaving the parking lot and going down lakeshore is absolute insanity and even though i always stay 'til the final whistle, i don't blame some people who aren't huge fans leaving early.

as far as people getting mad at folks leaving early, i just don't really understand why it's a big deal if somebody who has nothing to do with me and no impact on my game day experience does their own thing. some people are too concerned with what others do.

Batman
09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
thanks i'll keep that in mind. i usually just take the gotrain.

but for all the other thousands of people who won't find another route, the traffic leaving the parking lot and going down lakeshore is absolute insanity and even though i always stay 'til the final whistle, i don't blame some people who aren't huge fans leaving early.

as far as people getting mad at folks leaving early, i just don't really understand why it's a big deal if somebody who has nothing to do with me and no impact on my game day experience does their own thing. some people are too concerned with what others do.

Thanks very much.
I'm a huge fan but I leave about 3 minutes before the end of regulation, if, and only if, there is a 2 goal differential.

By doing that, I usually save about 1 hour getting out of the parking lot.

If the result is in doubt, I stay in the seat..but if it's not, and we're up or down by 2.. I hit the road and save a that time.

If the lot had had a better system, I'd stay till the end. It's fractionally better since year one, but not much.

olegunnar
09-13-2009, 07:54 PM
We are the voice in the stands
filled with passion, pride and purpose
for every minute of every game.

:rolleyes:

FluSH
09-13-2009, 08:08 PM

You want to explain what you are trying to say here...

Chevy
09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks very much.
I'm a huge fan but I leave about 3 minutes before the end of regulation, if, and only if, there is a 2 goal differential.

By doing that, I usually save about 1 hour getting out of the parking lot.

If the result is in doubt, I stay in the seat..but if it's not, and we're up or down by 2.. I hit the road and save a that time.

If the lot had had a better system, I'd stay till the end. It's fractionally better since year one, but not much.

I'm asusming you tailgate, but if not parking at Ontario place is way better than on the Ex grounds. Takes me a max of 5 minutes to get out of the lot and onto Lakeshore.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-13-2009, 08:26 PM

there are some people in the stands for the entire 90 minutes and dont
use their voices!!

Kevvv
09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
every game its closed thats why people leave early so they can avoid all the traffic

Did not know that - yesterday's the first time in a long time I actually tried to leave immediately after the game.

You want to explain what you are trying to say here...

Chewy Unikronik
09-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Big game on Oct. 10th! Fluff your couch cushion, kick back, and enjoy the game. Perhaps you could print out a crowd shot to tape to the top half of your tv to avoid the negative feelings.
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!

Ummm... not too sure about this one. It depends on which way you're going. Even from there, access to the Gardiner isn't all that hot.

BakaGaijin
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!

Ummm... not too sure about this one. It depends on which way you're going. Even from there, access to the Gardiner isn't all that hot.

If you're going West......take Queen or King until they merge at Roncessvelles, and continue going West and get on the Gardiner at Park Lawn.

Kevvv
09-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Actually, it's better for westbound people to head East, go up the DVP to 401 then back down 427 to QEW. That would save a lot of time.

Kaz
09-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I do want to mention that the go train leaves about 10 to 6 heading toward aldershot, which means that if you are going that way, you have to leave a little early to catch the train. If you are heading the other way then the train is leaving at 6, again requiring you to leave a little early to catch it. And other people just don't like the crowds and the traffic so they leave to try to avoid a lot of it.
The Packed street cars, and congestion on the roads out from the Ex can get pretty packed and it can make many people uncomfortable.

I'm guessing that is part of it.

I'm also wondering what are the ticket prices for the beer garden? because the beer garden is packed. with enough fans to fill many of the empty seats. Because if the beer garden is open to anyone with admission, then I'm thinking that is alot of it during the match.

Kevvv
09-13-2009, 10:13 PM
There are no tickets for the beer garden - they have seats elsewhere in the building.

And that point about the GO train is important as well. Yes, it's frustrating that the traffic goes downhill quickly after a game, but with a 4:00 start, the GO riders have to choose to leave 5-10 min early, or hang around the platform for 50 mintues waiting for the next one.

Oblio2
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I usually wait the 50 mins...Ive actually fallen asleep on the platform, waiting for the eatbound...also took, once I missed the train.....booked it to Shoeless, dropped some beer and booked it back for the next train! :)

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
There are no tickets for the beer garden - they have seats elsewhere in the building.

And that point about the GO train is important as well. Yes, it's frustrating that the traffic goes downhill quickly after a game, but with a 4:00 start, the GO riders have to choose to leave 5-10 min early, or hang around the platform for 50 mintues waiting for the next one.

how else are the durham folk gonna practice their "you're on welfare" or whatever chants they say to the hamiltonians?

or is it the other way around.

too bad mr hawk went to bed, he knows the answer to this.

Kaz
09-13-2009, 10:29 PM
A friend of mine I took to the august 15th game against DC asked why there were so many empty seats and I just pointed to the Beer Garden and said they are there instead as they don't sell tickets there. She looked at the few hundred people and said ah, that makes sense.

My first game at BMO earlier this year I sat beside this little old scottish women that game out to watch the match, but needed to take the Go Train and had to leave earlier...

I'm sorry for those "hardcore" fans that feel that the 85 year old lady who sat through rain in her face, and traveled for 45 minutes on the train and buses to come out to see the Reds in person, had to leave a little early.. she obviously is a pretty weak supporter.

Oblio2
09-13-2009, 10:32 PM
how else are the durham folk gonna practice their "you're on welfare" or whatever chants they say to the hamiltonians?

or is it the other way around.

too bad mr hawk went to bed, he knows the answer to this.
I believe the Westbounders sing " You're from Scarboro-Please don't shoot us"..the Eatbounders sing something like " You're going westbound-You are all farmers"

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2009, 10:43 PM
The best place to park in my mind to avoid the traffic for the most part is north of BMO in one of the lots on Atlantic. During the first season my brother and I parked on the EX grounds and took sometimes up to an hour to get out of their. It saves quite a bit of time getting out of the area if you park to the north.

Roogsy
09-13-2009, 10:52 PM
I believe the Westbounders sing " You're from Scarboro-Please don't shoot us"..the Eatbounders sing something like " You're going westbound-You are all farmers"

The westbound chant makes no sense to me whatsoever! LOL!

The best place to park in my mind to avoid the traffic for the most part is north of BMO in one of the lots on Atlantic. During the first season my brother and I parked on the EX grounds and took sometimes up to an hour to get out of their. It saves quite a bit of time getting out of the area if you park to the north.

Completely agree. Since the first season I haven't parked south of the Gardiner except for the occasional time I parked at the tailgate and was planning on spending post game celebrations at Joes anyways so I wasn't going to exit the parking lot till well after the crowds had gone.

Carts
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Does anyone remember way back in the day when Exhibition Stadium was the home of the Blue Jays - they would have an East and a West GO Train leave 30-minutes following the final out (they'd announce a reminder during the end game announcement)...

I know BMO holds less than half of what the old ex stadium held, and that GO train traffic on the tracks has gone up 100% since then, but it would be best if that system go return...

I no longer take the GO train as I'm living in the city, but if this could return I think it would help out alot of people... Just like the street cars, they have 10 of them waiting at the CNE loop stop...

Carts...

Kaz
09-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I was just a we little one at the time, but my father took me to a Jays game when I was 5 or 6, it was my first Motorcycle ride and my first go ride. we came in from clarkeson I think. I do have a minor remembrance of an announcement.

It would be nice if on Saturdays Go Transit did adjust their train schedules by 10 minutes to allow the trains to leave at 6:10 instead...

Both Go and the TTC could help solve alot of the traffic issues if there were more transit links and cars going to and from Union. as it is it can take 10 minutes or more just to get on a street car to get to BMO from Union.

But it's season three if the issue is still like this come season 5 maybe the RPB can work towards that ;)

Roogsy
09-13-2009, 11:19 PM
GO Train schedule adjustments are not going to happen my friends. Sorry.

What could happen is TFC adjusting THEIR schedule to the GO Train schedule. If it's even necessary. I am not quite sure what the problem is now that we are talking about the GO Train issue.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2009, 11:24 PM
The westbound chant makes no sense to me whatsoever! LOL!

yeah i'd say that the westbounders win the "chant-off"

Yagbod
09-13-2009, 11:52 PM
On the topic of the beer garden...

This is not to excuse the leaving early, the scalpers not selling, nor the corporate seats not showing up, but...

I got 'seasons' the hard way. 3 partial packs and the D.C. game by single ticket purchase. My wife bought 1 partial pack and single tickets for about 5 more games. This means that I can only sit with people in 5-6 games. The rest of the games my wife or a friend come with me, so we stand in the beer garden. It is the only way to be together.

I can't imagine that I am the only one in this predicament. So there may indeed be many 'empty' seats for that reason alone.

If I don't get real 'seasons' next year ( I must be near the top of the list) and they replace the beer garden with a north end stand. I am skee-rood big time. That would only leave the NE corner rail for the unseated mini-legion.

Joe Kool
09-14-2009, 12:21 AM
When I had my seats in the West stand I always wondered why the hell the East stand took so bloody long to fill up after half time. Now that I have my seasons there I know why, it takes so bloody long to get in and out of the few exits they have and when you do get into the concession area it is packed so much that you can't move. Anyone going to the washroom almost certainly misses part of the 2nd half. When the game is done (I, personally, am there to the end because I drive and would rather see the whole game) it takes at least 20 min to get out because I am at the top. I think it is ridiculous and maybe why people take off a little early if they have to be somewhere. A partial solution may be to put a walkway and staircase at the top of the section like the south end has. That way the top half can make it in and out faster. Also, this is a safety concern that I have raised with the TFC office. If everyone has to get out of that stand quick....good luck.

Lucky Strike
09-14-2009, 07:56 AM
When I had my seats in the West stand I always wondered why the hell the East stand took so bloody long to fill up after half time. Now that I have my seasons there I know why, it takes so bloody long to get in and out of the few exits they have and when you do get into the concession area it is packed so much that you can't move. Anyone going to the washroom almost certainly misses part of the 2nd half. When the game is done (I, personally, am there to the end because I drive and would rather see the whole game) it takes at least 20 min to get out because I am at the top. I think it is ridiculous and maybe why people take off a little early if they have to be somewhere. A partial solution may be to put a walkway and staircase at the top of the section like the south end has. That way the top half can make it in and out faster. Also, this is a safety concern that I have raised with the TFC office. If everyone has to get out of that stand quick....good luck.

That's why whenever I go to see a match, I make sure to eat beforehand and drink only as necessary before the game so I don't need to leave my seat at all and have to rely on the concessions and/or bathrooms.

As for leaving early, I don't do it - I stay until the end. Not because I suppose myself to be a better supporter than you, but because when I drive 500 km to come to Toronto, I sure as hell am not leaving early! My personal method of escape after tge match is simply walking to go take the streetcar (the 504 I think it is) and make my way back to the hotel downtown. Works effectively for me.

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Did someone actually suggest that the GO Train adjust their schedule to meet TFC fans?

Shaughno
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Did someone actually suggest that the GO Train adjust their schedule to meet TFC fans?

:rofl: I read some pretty hilarious things in this thread already, wouldn't surprise me.

Honestly, I live at the MINIMUM, an hour from BMO. I drive down for every game, through shitty ass traffic, BOTH WAYS, because that's Toronto.

Boo fucking hoo if the TFC game doesn't meet your schedule, don't buy the fucking tickets then if it bothers you that much!

Not making it back in time for the second half? A) don't buy food at BMO B) take a piss 5 mins before half. That's how I solve those problems.

Besides, the times when I really need to 'get out of there', I wait until the game is done and STILL make it out, through the tunnel, up to Lamport and then onto the highway in little to no time.

I really don't get the need for incessent bitching. Don't you have a wife for that? ;) :lol:

maninb
09-14-2009, 08:14 AM
There was 20,000+ people there, wether they choose to stand in the beer garden, or leave early for some reason IS THEIR BUSINESS...so stop your whining!!! If you can't get TFC tickets these days it's because you're not trying...I've gotten extra tickets for almost every game FOR COST!!!

Hustle
09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
^ One could also say that as long as the people bought the tickets, its there business whether to scalp them, or its there business not to show up at all and leave an empty seat.

People can DO whatever they want, but thats not the point. It looks bad on the fans and the team when the seats empty out early. If I was on the pitch as a player and saw the seats emptying 10 minutes before the end on a critical game, I would be pissed. I don't buy all these excuses that makes it ok to leave early. If you could find the time to come to the game, then find the time to stay to the end. There are exceptions of course, but we aren't talking about 100 people here, its more like thousands of seats emptying early.

Parkdale
09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
TFC actually has good Toronto fans... Go to a Leafs/Raptors/Jays game and its MUCH WORSE...

I was at a Raps game one in the gold seats, and two girls walked in and sat in the row ahead of me in the middle of the 2nd period, and then left in the middle of the 3rd. It blew my mind, because the seats were pretty expensive (I got mine as a gift from a work client).

London
09-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Stop whinning about every little thing!!!!

Roogsy
09-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Loud Noises!!!

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I was at a Raps game one in the gold seats, and two girls walked in and sat in the row ahead of me in the middle of the 2nd quarter, and then left in the middle of the 3rd. It blew my mind, because the seats were pretty expensive (I got mine as a gift from a work client).

Adjusted :)

Roogsy
09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Adjusted :)

:lol:

I can't believe I missed that! :hulk:

I missed my chance to mock Parky!

Lucky Strike
09-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Loud Noises!!!

Nice. Are you also holding a grenade? :D

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 09:33 AM
There will be no annual charity golf tournament. Too many people died last year.

London
09-14-2009, 09:35 AM
My chip-butty was cold, how do i get a refund????

Parkdale
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
it's just proof that I don't know much about hockey. and you two leafs fans do!

;)

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I drank Jack Daniels for 2 weeks and now I have liver poisoning.

I'm going to sue the company cause their booze made me all yellow.

Suds
09-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I drank Jack Daniels for 2 weeks and now I have liver poisoning.

I'm going to sue the company cause their booze made me all yellow.

My mates and I ran a tab with 40 pints of Guinness on it after the game Saturday .... I felt so crap on Sunday that I want my money back!

burlington Red
09-14-2009, 10:10 AM
i think the BIGGEST problem is the stupid beer garden half the fans sit in there all game drinking beer, supporting ur team does not been getting drunk and going nuts and not watching the game.

I cant wait till they get rid of that beer garden

well said mate, spot on, made this point on another thread and got criticised for it. Having a beer garden where people can stand during game time is nuts. Look at how many stand there on any given game, every one of those people in the beer garden means an empty seat in the stadium.

London
09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
complaining on a messegboard will do nothing!!!!

you need to realize that people can do whatever the fuck they want with there tickets and there is nothing you can do or say that is going to change that.

if i choose to light my tix on fire, that is my choice.

i understand that people are pissed thet they cant get seats, but come on people tix are not that hard to get at face value.
i get extras every match!!!!!!!

Suds
09-14-2009, 10:16 AM
well said mate, spot on, made this point on another thread and got criticised for it. Having a beer garden where people can stand during game time is nuts. Look at how many stand there on any given game, every one of those people in the beer garden means an empty seat in the stadium.

Many of those people are there because they have not yet been able to relocate to an area of the stadium where they can stand and watch the game. Their only option was to move to the beer garden.

If they bring in a north stand in next year or so that will open up a fair number of seats to allow SSH's to relocate. That will hopefully address the issue.

JonO
09-14-2009, 10:24 AM

I can't believe I missed that! :hulk:

I missed my chance to mock Parky!
Don't worry - I guarantee there will be another one soon...

Parkdale
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Don't worry - I guarantee there will be another one soon...

you know me

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
complaining on a messegboard will do nothing!!!!

you need to realize that people can do whatever the fuck they want with there tickets and there is nothing you can do or say that is going to change that.

if i choose to light my tix on fire, that is my choice.

i understand that people are pissed thet they cant get seats, but come on people tix are not that hard to get at face value.
i get extras every match!!!!!!!

yeah it's going to piss people off even more that you give them to escorts.

Roogsy
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM

YMMV

London
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
yeah it's going to piss people off even more that you give them to escorts.

i tell them i bought them off scalpers to make me look like a big shot!!

speaking of that, there were these 2 ho's that snuck into 112 on saturday.
on was dancing right in front of me basically grindin my crotch.
i put an end to it when she almost burned my dichio scarf with her smoke!!

TorontoBlades
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
One reason might be that the Go Trains run ever hour on the hour from exhibition...and if you wait until the end of the game your going to miss that train....

...which sucks for the apparent minority of us that have a life outside TFC

I personally drive, so I'm not making excuses for myself - but just letting you know that some people have other crap to do on the weekends and there's nothing like supporter infighting (which there was plenty in 111 and 112 on saturday) to unify us and give our club the best possible support

TorontoBlades
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM

saw that hehe.....dem girls be nawtay :hump:

AL-MO
09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
One reason might be that the Go Trains run ever hour on the hour from exhibition...and if you wait until the end of the game your going to miss that train....

...which sucks for the apparent minority of us that have a life outside TFC

I personally drive, so I'm not making excuses for myself - but just letting you know that some people have other crap to do on the weekends and there's nothing like supporter infighting (which there was plenty in 111 and 112 on saturday) to unify us and give our club the best possible support

Yeah that was fucked up.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM

yeah but if you let her keep going she probably could've put out the fire.

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 11:06 AM

YMMV

I haven't heard that phrase in awhile.

Side note, whoever wants my leftover minutes of my ticket please PM me.

I'll leave at a random point in the game, scan my ticket out and give it to you. Thus you may fill my seat so it doesn't go to waste.

If you are interested, drop me a line.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I haven't heard that phrase in awhile.

Side note, whoever wants my leftover minutes of my ticket please PM me.

I'll leave at a random point in the game, scan my ticket out and give it to you. Thus you may fill my seat so it doesn't go to waste.

If you are interested, drop me a line.

i'll leave with you hawk, that way the person can pick up a pair and impress an escort.

London
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
i'll leave with you hawk, that way the person can pick up a pair and impress an escort.

ill be waiting:D:D but i already brought escorts in??

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
ill be waiting:D:D but i already brought escorts in??

the more the merrier. i think the original poster would agree. ASSES IN SEATS.

get ya batty in ya dyam seat starr

Kaz
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
it'll be interesting next year if the beer garden is gone, and the fact tickets are possible to get at BMO without camping out the internet for the 20 seconds it takes TM to sell out the people bitching will bitch about.... the colour of the seats... or maybe the lack of nudity in the stands.

menefreghista
09-14-2009, 01:28 PM
'Fans' who leave early suck.

Don't really want to pontificate about you. Its you're prerogative to leave if you want. But you are still lame for doing so.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 01:28 PM
^very insightful.

menefreghista
09-14-2009, 01:38 PM
^very insightful.

Thank you.

I'm actually rather shocked that there are so many defenders on this forum of people who leave early.

BC101
09-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I tend to leave around the 75th minute... Oh yeah I should mention my seat is in 112.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Thank you.

I'm actually rather shocked that there are so many defenders on this forum of people who leave early.

oh i guess i should have written "/Sarcasm" at the end of my statement.

people who care so much about what others do is lame. you lame guy.

Afra
09-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Next year if I am not as involved on the tailgate team and get to spend an extra couple of hours with my boy in morning and can park at Lamport or some other place I can get out of easier that CNE grounds, I will be able to stay to the end of every game.

Until then, I will show up and spend 6 or 7 hours there for a 2 hour game, miss hanging out with my boy (I don't get to see him much working 6 days a week), piss off my wife because basement renos and deck drawing/permits are not complete, and help to create a great gameday experience until the 85th minute.

The life of a loser, I suppose.

London
09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
i also sit in 112, i show up at around 30 min mark, go for a beer at the 35 min mark and you got to get in line early for the food so at 39 i head to the concesions and wahrooms.
i get back to my seat at 55 mins and you got to beat the traffic, so i leave at the 65th minute. why stay? they stopped serving beer after that???

Parkdale
09-14-2009, 01:48 PM
so i leave at the 65th minute. why stay? they stopped serving beer after that???

hahahahahahaha good one!

BC101
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I tend to show up AFTER 23:13 so I don't have to sing the dichio song. Plus I can enjoy my chip butty down in the common area... Leaving at the 75th minute is the shit. Nice quiet walk through the tunnel. No smells no banging of orange thing.

London
09-14-2009, 01:51 PM
i leave early just to go bang the orange thing????

BC101
09-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Full time supporter for TRUE... you sir are hardcore.

Kevvv
09-14-2009, 01:52 PM
no banging of orange thing.

Oh, you mean this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2565256158_7818af73f4.jpg?v=0

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 01:53 PM

what time do you get there? i'll show up and bang the one on the opposite side of the tunnel, we can put a hat down on the ground to collect money for our stomp audition.

i may pick up 5 seats during the allocation, i figure i'm almost 6'3" so 5 seats should be good for me to lay down on and try to mimic my watching games from home on the couch.

i can curl up on 3 if i have to.

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
'Fans' who leave early suck.

Don't really want to pontificate about you. It's your prerogative to leave if you want. But you are still lame for doing so.

Have you considered writing a column?

Your thoughts and insights could be used in the monthly newsletter.

BC101
09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
what time do you get there? i'll show up and bang the one on the opposite side of the tunnel, we can put a hat down on the ground to collect money for our stomp audition.

i may pick up 5 seats during the allocation, i figure i'm almost 6'3" so 5 seats should be good for me to lay down on and try to mimic my watching games from home on the couch.

i can curl up on 3 if i have to.
OH SHIT thats TRUE... THat is the NEXT LEVEL TFC Hardcore right there.

AL-MO
09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

This thread is finally getting good on the 6th page.

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
My God Cheeba...........you're hardcore.

I may do the same, while wearing my fuzzy bunny slippers.

London
09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
i might stay longer if they put those comfortable seats in like the TD seats at rogers center. that would make me happy

AL-MO
09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
i might stay longer if they put those comfortable seats in like the TD seats at rogers center. that would make me happy

Aren't those the seats Parky sits on up in the Prawn section?

:flare:

BC101
09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Time for a protest? We deserve better(seats) I think they should install the orange things also for banging on in the stadium.

London
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Aren't those the seats Parky sits on up in the Prawn section?

:flare:

but i want to be "in the action" , can i trade my season ticket for a spot on the bench with rights to be the first sub off the bench???

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:01 PM
We Deserve Batter seats....... (get it.....better, batter?)

Come on MLSE......we deserve batter.

Amazing how one word can mean so many different things with a vowel change

Better
Batter
Butter
Bitter

Ate = Eat. A past tense word becomes a present tense just by simply moving one letter around.

Also, nothing rhymes with orange. Good band.

BC101
09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
We Deserve Batter seats....... (get it.....better, batter?)

Come on MLSE......we deserve batter.

Amazing how one word can mean so many different things with a vowel change

Better
Batter
Butter
Bitter

Ate = Eat. A past tense word becomes a present tense just by simply moving one letter around.

Also, nothing rhymes with orange. Good band.

Iam bitter cos my fish and chips didn't have enough batter but they had an over abundance of butter, They can do better. After all I deserve it. TFC fan in 112.

menefreghista
09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
oh i guess i should have written "/Sarcasm" at the end of my statement.

people who care so much about what others do is lame. you lame guy.

Then what does that make you for commenting on it ifs its so lame? The lamest of the lame?

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
rhymes with orange.... hahah i think i have one of their cassettes somewhere.

BACK TO TOPIC.

YOU LAME BROS

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Then what does that make you for commenting on it if it's so lame? The lamest of the lame?

We Deserve Lamb

BC101
09-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Then what does that make you for commenting on it ifs its so lame? The lamest of the lame?
yo guy I agree... Word up dawg. This thread deserves better.

London
09-14-2009, 02:05 PM
lamest of lame.

legendary

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 02:05 PM

pee-wee herman?

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
lambst of lamb.

legendary

Lambest of Lamb.

Wii Desurv Lam

Afra
09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
lamest of the lame = the guy who walks in the tightest circle?

BC101
09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
lamest of lame.

legendary
Beyond the max....

London
09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Lambest of Lamb.

Wii Desurv Lam

i want ontario lamb, that NZ stuff is not fresh

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 02:09 PM
i can't believe bill clinton didn't sell out BMO. we're lame. should've been there to support big billy style

menefreghista
pee-wee herman?

Nobody asked about what you like to do in public.

BC101
what minute of this thread are we in now? if its the 75th I've gotta go.

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Nah it's not, I think we're nearly at half time.

If we are the 75th......who will go to Shoeless Joe's about being in someone's mother?

London
what happened to the sexual orentation question??

ACSertL

We Deserve Lahm! :D

menefreghista
09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Have you considered writing a column?

Your thoughts and insights could be used in the monthly newsletter.

No thanks.

People who are shitty fans get their backs up when you call them out for thinking they are more important than anyone else in the world.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 02:11 PM

i know you are but what am i?

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:12 PM
No thanks.

People who are shitty fans get their backs up when you call them out for thinking they are more important than anyone else in the world.

We're shitty fans?

Damn man......that hurt.

I deserve better :'(

That's it, I'm leaving.

BC101
Nah it's not, I think we're nearly at half time.

If we are the 75th......who will go to Shoeless Joe's about being in someone's mother?
I will... ♪I wanna be in your motherrrrrrrrr oh when the reds go over there♪

Apparently changed it to the above LOL. Too bad that was GOLD.

Sonny Cheeba

i'll answer it for you

you gay bro.

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/mr-cool-ice-demotivational-poster.jpg

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:13 PM

He edited it to prevent himself from being banned.

Then he can't express how hardcore of a TFC fan he is to hundreds of internet users.

Hey menefreghista....ever go to the Irish Centre?

BC101
09-14-2009, 02:13 PM
No thanks.

I know man.. FUCKING shitty fans dude.. PART TIME SUPPORTERS... Full time Glory hunters...

BC101
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
i'll answer it for you

you gay bro.

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/mr-cool-ice-demotivational-poster.jpg

LOL OK iam done for LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

AL-MO
I can't hit F5 fast enough to keep up with this....

MrHawk
I know man.. FUCKING shitty fans dude.. PART TIME SUPPORTERS... Full time Glory hunters...

That's it.....I'm going to BMO right now.

Going to sit there and wait.

AL-MO
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM
A sit in protest?

I am SOOOO there!

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM

i hate to think that my seat is empty right now. i'll be there too.... plus a Go Tunnel noise session should happen. we need to practice that shit.

hopefully we can get a stream up for those who hate to see empty seats, they'll know we're doing our job.

MrHawk
09-14-2009, 02:16 PM
A sit in protest?

I am SOOOO there!

Actually we should go now.

We can have a cookout, roast marshmellows and talk about how uncool and lame it is to leave early.

menefreghista
Then he can't express how hardcore of a TFC fan he is to hundreds of internet users.

Don't think I'm hardcore at all.

Just think its stupid to leave a sporting event early, even more so if the result is in doubt.

BC101

Thats more like it. Sit there and wait till Oct 10th thats the ONLY way to be a TRUE Full time supporter of this team.

THEY BUILT A HOUSE ON LAKE SHORE FOR THE REDS THE REDS
we'll sort stop before time runs out we said we said
who wants to stay for 90 minutes
I gotta take a fucking shit
and the part time supporters go onto seek glory.

MrHawk
i hate to think that my seat is empty right now. i'll be there too.... plus a Go Tunnel noise session should happen. we need to practice that shit.

hopefully we can get a stream up for those who hate to see empty seats, they'll know we're doing our job.

We need a "Beat The Traffic" Banner.

Yes we need to practice the Go Tunnel banging.

London
09-14-2009, 02:17 PM
i am in the tunnel now,,, other people are giving me funny looks!!

*bang* *bang* bang* TFC

BC101
09-14-2009, 02:17 PM

I admit my GO Tunnel banging singing needs help. How does Oh when the reds go again?

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Apparently changed it to the above LOL. Too bad that was GOLD.

i missed it. did i get called a bummer? or a part-time bummer?

AL-MO
Actually we should go now.

We can have a cookout, roast marshmellows and talk about how uncool and lame it is to leave early.

Okay give me 40 minutes. :)

Roogsy
LOL! Ok guys...we've had the laugh. We don't want to overdo it.

If we have nothing else to add to this thread, let's shut her down.

After all...I gotta catch a GO Train. :p

AL-MO
We need a "Beat The Traffic" Banner.

Yes we need to practice the Go Tunnel banging.

Someone ring? :p

MrHawk
Don't think I'm hardcore at all.

Just think its stupid to leave a sporting event early, even more so if the result is in doubt.

You're right it's stupid to leave a sporting event early. I mean..........I know when I'm at a buffet, I don't leave until I'm full. Same thing with a movie, I go down with the ship.

Damn these prior commitments such as

Work (Who needs a job?)
Family (Pssh they'll just criticize you anyway)
Friends (The incessant beeping of the global positioning system is all the companionship I need)