PDA

View Full Version : Amado

James17930
09-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Obviously De Guzman will be a huge player in the mid for us, and De Ro is always going to be an impact player wherever he plays, but let's not forget about Amado. He's still one of our best and most important players, and I think that he's going to remain the catalyst for us in mid (look how lost we were without him in Colorado). He has the ability to take the ball, calm things down with strong possession and distribute, and I see this working really well if De Ro and JDG can sort of play and run off of him. Not to mention dead ball situations.

Some people think we won't be able to manage all three in the mid, but I think we can, and I think if we do it properly it'll pay huge dividends.

I can't wait to see it -- probably next week.

ensco
09-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Disagree.

If the three of them are on the pitch together for a lot of the remaining games, it's a mistake.

Amado is gone next year. It's a lock now. We have other pressing needs and we need that cap space.

I hope Amado finds the right spot in 2010 so he can stay sharp for WC2010. He'll almost certainly be TFC's most prominent player (past or present) in South Africa.

TFC OZZ
09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
^^
I disagree, and agree with the original poster. Guevera's a fantastic player, and I would love to see him stay. I'm not sure what his contract situation is, and I know that there's always talk about him having an "ego"; but you gotta think he's an older guy and fighting for a place on the worldcup roster (he's cemented his place pretty well though). Why would he want to risk playing time when he's on an established team? I think he's going to buckle down, fight for his midfield role on this team, and they're going to include in him in a stacked midfield. We can definitely fit him in.

----------------Frei--------------------
Wynne---Nana----Serioux---Brennan
-----Cronin---------------Robbo------
-----------Guzman---Guevera-------
----------------De Ro----------------
--------------------Gerba-------------

rocker
09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I have a feeling MoJo will knock Amado's contract down next year, unless the cap goes way up and he doesn't care.

But Robinson and Dichio both took cuts this year, in their third seasons. Next season would be Amado's third with TFC, usually when the contract option is the team's to accept or reject. If he's gonna be away at the World Cup (and pre-cup camps), Mo might play it as "look, you're gonna be away for awhile, missing games, I need some room, I'll pay you $175K for the season". He's getting up there in age and probably only has 2 more seasons in MLS before he could retire to the Honduran league for smaller paycheques.

poppamidnight
09-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Disagree.

If the three of them are on the pitch together for a lot of the remaining games, it's a mistake.

Amado is gone next year. It's a lock now. We have other pressing needs and we need that cap space.

I hope Amado finds the right spot in 2010 so he can stay sharp for WC2010. He'll almost certainly be TFC's most prominent player (past or present) in South Africa.

What's the point in having a mid that's all defensive?

We need wings that can attack,
riding ourselves of Amado, would leave us thin in that regards (a total of 1: De-Ro)...assuming Vitti is gone.

We'd have 4 holding MF's:
1 - De Guzman
2 - Robbo
3 - Sanyang
4 - Cronin
One attacking:
1 - De Ro...

That works out to 20% attacking, 80% defensive...
...compounding matters is the fact we use a 4-man backline (7 defensive players?...come on now)

You my friend need to rethink your strategy..........
If anything 1 holding MF will go.

Keep amado,
Deal one holding MF,
Release/trade Vitti/Barrett

/end discussion

ensco
09-12-2009, 11:13 AM
^I think you are getting hung up on position descriptions that are in reality pretty fluid. DeRo and Guevara have both played in 3 or 4 different roles this year, and they move around in-game. Those two already overlap too much style-wise.

De Guzman will cause more of the same problem.

We have needs at wing (desperate), striker and fullback. Right now we're spending 1.4 million of cap space on four midfielders - two have to go.

Carts
09-12-2009, 11:28 AM
If Guevara and deGuzman work together - it'll be sweet sweet music...

Dont give up on Amado - he's great, and he knows the "finish line" is coming in a few years... I think (hope) he'll embrace team play as he wants to win...

His bad rap is hurting him in people's opinion, but I think he'll buy in and be more than valuable playing with JDG and DeRo...

Amado wants to win more than what people give him credit for...

Carts...

rocker
09-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Amado's problem (for me) is he isn't around enough due to WCQ.. and when he is around, it's often a couple days after a qualifier. So he either can't play/comes in as a sub/or looks sluggish. He's not fast, but still has that great brain for the game. De Guzman has that brain and is pretty fast, so maybe Guevara can lead De Guzman with passes and De Guzman can spark the strikers.

Carts
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Amado's problem (for me) is he isn't around enough due to WCQ.. and when he is around, it's often a couple days after a qualifier. So he either can't play/comes in as a sub/or looks sluggish. He's not fast, but still has that great brain for the game. De Guzman has that brain and is pretty fast, so maybe Guevara can lead De Guzman with passes and De Guzman can spark the strikers.

I don't disagree with this at all ie: Amado gone for Int games... Hopefully MLS will one day respect FIFA Int dates and it won't be an issue...

Guevara has a great brain (as you say) great touch for MLS, but isn't out-running anyone (as you say), coming off Int duty does take its toll on him...

Hopefully De Guzman and Amado work together, throw in DeRo (who will work with anyone to win) and we could have the best mid-field in the league...

Carts...

v00d00daddy
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM
If Guevara and deGuzman work together - it'll be sweet sweet music...

Dont give up on Amado - he's great, and he knows the "finish line" is coming in a few years... I think (hope) he'll embrace team play as he wants to win...

His bad rap is hurting him in people's opinion, but I think he'll buy in and be more than valuable playing with JDG and DeRo...

Amado wants to win more than what people give him credit for...

Carts...

Absolutely agree. I think the addition will help guys like Guevara (and vitti for that matter).

JDG is another guy that will be on the field who is going to understand where Amado wants to go with the ball.

TFC may break down in the back, and they may still shit the bed in the final 1/3.....but with Guevara, DeRo, Cronin, Vitti (hopefully) and now JDG in the midfield, we should be able to move the ball around with ease.

Fingers crossed.

For what it's worth...here's the way I'd like to see TFC lineup after suspensions are over. My fave XI:

-------------------------Frei-------------------------
---Attakora------Serioux-------Gomez-----Brennan----

-------------------------JDG-------------------------
------------Vitti-------------------Cronin-------------
----------------------Guevara------------------------

-----------DeRosario----------------------------------

------------------------Gerba-------------------------

I think Guevara and JDG would work very well in the middle.

Lucky Strike
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a feeling MoJo will knock Amado's contract down next year, unless the cap goes way up and he doesn't care.

But Robinson and Dichio both took cuts this year, in their third seasons. Next season would be Amado's third with TFC, usually when the contract option is the team's to accept or reject. If he's gonna be away at the World Cup (and pre-cup camps), Mo might play it as "look, you're gonna be away for awhile, missing games, I need some room, I'll pay you $175K for the season". He's getting up there in age and probably only has 2 more seasons in MLS before he could retire to the Honduran league for smaller paycheques.

Yeah, for all the times Amado was invisible (whether he was on the pitch or not), he can be an important player and I'd love for TFC to keep him, but his wages are going to have to be slashed by about 50% to makes things more fair for TFC.

As for Vitti, I think he can also make a contribution but unless we can have him for 100-125K, he won't represent value for money.

ensco
09-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't have a problem with Amado. I don't think he has an attitude problem at all. I love the guy. He's a seriously skilled player. Last I checked we don't have too many of those. No matter which club he's on next year, I'll be pulling hard for him in WC2010.

But I'm telling you, the JDG signing has to mean a re-work of the team in a whole bunch of places. We have many needs, and serious cap problems.

You have to let Amado be Amado, the stemwinder, or let him go. Guevara, DeRo and JDG will trip all over each other if they're out there together.

v00d00daddy
09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't have a problem with Amado. I don't think he has an attitude problem at all. I love the guy. He's a seriously skilled player. Last I checked we don't have too many of those. No matter which club he's on next year, I'll be pulling hard for him in WC2010.

But I'm telling you, the JDG signing has to mean a re-work of the team in a whole bunch of places. We have many needs, and serious cap problems.

You have to let Amado be Amado, the stemwinder, or let him go. Guevara, DeRo and JDG will trip all over each other if they're out there together.

I think the three of them can succeed together. I saw a JDG interview today on Soccer Central where he flat out said that, after training with the team, he would like to play the defensive mid position.

Combine that with Guevara as the midfield general and DeRo as a second striker or even "trequartista" and I think the trifecta would work.

Big Bruva
09-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Ya Julian is a friend of mine but his best qualities are as a DM and Amado is more creative than him.

Amado has wanted to leave from last season to go back hom and will do soon, also another player has wanted to leave for a couple months and i see that happening now.

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 12:36 PM
But doesn't De Guzman play an attacking role on the national team. Also he said he'd like to play both attacking and defending roles in his time here.

Nuvinho
09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Ya Julian is a friend of mine but his best qualities are as a DM and Amado is more creative than him.

Amado has wanted to leave from last season to go back hom and will do soon, also another player has wanted to leave for a couple months and i see that happening now.

Amado wants to go home after one year. It seems weird since he didn't have to come back to MLS. Don't know what are the reasons behind him wanting to leave tho.

The other player, is it Chad??....hahaha!!! I keep asking this.

Darlofletch
09-12-2009, 12:49 PM

oh, you tease!

so was that shocking tfc behind the scenes stuff merely Jdg coming or was/is something else going on?

poppamidnight
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Amado wants to go home after one year. It seems weird since he didn't have to come back to MLS. Don't know what are the reasons behind him wanting to leave tho.

The other player, is it Chad??....hahaha!!! I keep asking this.

We wish...
....no really we do.....
I'll pay for his airfare,
and shuttle him to the airport...
Heck I'd even give him money to buy himself an in-flight meal!!!

No the other person is Pablo Vitti... i'd say 95% sure it's Pablo....

But for real, bad news for Amado,
Like I said in my post above, we're now going to be overloaded with defensive/shut-down MF's.
If Amado leave's, we're stuck with De-Ro as our lone attacker from the middle....
...Unless you play De Gezman on the other side (doubt it)....

If Amado's out next year, we'll need another player to come in with that sort of creativity to play the wing.

Not to mention a place-kicker with his precision, (not to knock De Guzman or De-Ro, but their not quite Amado's level in that regards)

James17930
09-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Really???? Well, shit -- that basically kills the whole point of my thread :(

I do find it strange as well, though -- if he wanted to stay in Honduras, why come back to MLS? Just for two years of pay? Well, I guess that kind of money would go a long way down there, and everyone knows his family is still there . . . they must feel such a connection to the country that they don't want to leave.

Well, can't fault him for it, I suppose, but it's still disappointing. But if he does leave, then yeah, De Ro can slot into AM, JDG at DM or maybe one of the wings, and then we need a top quality striker.

jloome
09-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Really???? Well, shit -- that basically kills the whole point of my thread :(

I do find it strange as well, though -- if he wanted to stay in Honduras, why come back to MLS? Just for two years of pay? Well, I guess that kind of money would go a long way down there, and everyone knows his family is still there . . . they must feel such a connection to the country that they don't want to leave.

Well, can't fault him for it, I suppose, but it's still disappointing. But if he does leave, then yeah, De Ro can slot into AM, JDG at DM or maybe one of the wings, and then we need a top quality striker.

Paper in Honduras said last year he'd already agreed a deal to go back to Motagua after this year but later retracted it when Guevara said it wasn't true. But he's got young kids and is away from his family, so I can certainly see it. Not like he has anything more to prove in MLS.

I can see Robbo perhaps wanting to go home. It seemed his family's desire to stay was tenuous at best and he's suffering on field a bit this year.

Marv might try to go to Europe in the off season as well.

Yohan
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I just want Guevara to want to play every game, just not when he feels like itj

dude can play. he just don't want to play for TFC every game

rocker
09-12-2009, 06:53 PM
But he's got young kids and is away from his family, so I can certainly see it.

well, his closest family live in toronto, so he's probably not homesick that much. unless he misses his mom and dad a lot or somethin.

his wife and their cute little girl were in my row today, and he was waving at them before the game and before the second half.

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM
well, his closest family live in toronto, so he's probably not homesick that much. unless he misses his mom and dad a lot or somethin.

his wife and their cute little girl were in my row today, and he was waving at them before the game and before the second half.

You got good seats lol. :D

rocker
09-12-2009, 07:05 PM
You got good seats lol. :D

yeah, it's a pleasure to see his wife every home game!!!! hahaha.

and Dichio's wife looked "ready to pop" too.

Bombonera
09-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Interesting problems. WHat I can't believe is that Robinson is still considered a viable contrbutor..

We had a lot of posession in midfield today... On some opprotunities we really did push the ball. But on most, the ball tended to go backwards...

Amado really "knows" the game. But I am not sure he is fast enough anymore.

Heathen
09-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Guevara is undoubtedly a great player at this level but today on at least three occasions I counted he chickened out of challenges, I can only assume this is because of the WCQs and Honduras being so close to getting to South Africa. I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed this.

ballerz
09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Guevara is undoubtedly a great player at this level but today on at least three occasions I counted he chickened out of challenges, I can only assume this is because of the WCQs and Honduras being so close to getting to South Africa. I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed this.

Amado was the best player for TFC today. I don't know what you game you are watching, but we maintained so much possession as a team all because of his pressence. He really controlled the midfield today. When we did not need to press, he knows to take the time and slow the game down. He was patient and was able to open and stretch the defence. He also carved out a few nice passes down the flank when Brennan decided to make his once-in-10 minutes runs. It's things you don't see without a trained eye. I didn't notice the occassions where he chickened out on challenges, but in reality, destroying plays is the responsibility of Cronin. What you saw was probably him showing his smarts by pacing himself and not going for a ball that he does not have a decent chance of winning.

InTheCrowd
09-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I didn't notice the occassions where he chickened out on challenges, but in reality, destroying plays is the responsibility of Cronin.

Did Chris Cummins tell you that?

DoubleUp
09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Amado was the best player for TFC today. I don't know what you game you are watching, but we maintained so much possession as a team all because of his pressence. He really controlled the midfield today. When we did not need to press, he knows to take the time and slow the game down. He was patient and was able to open and stretch the defence. He also carved out a few nice passes down the flank when Brennan decided to make his once-in-10 minutes runs. It's things you don't see without a trained eye. I didn't notice the occassions where he chickened out on challenges, but in reality, destroying plays is the responsibility of Cronin. What you saw was probably him showing his smarts by pacing himself and not going for a ball that he does not have a decent chance of winning.
You right about Guevera's performance but on a another note he doesnt tackle and does at times avoid tackles.....cant have it all!!!:scarf:

Heathen
09-12-2009, 09:17 PM

No what I saw was him not going for winnable balls and come on its not just Cronin's responsibility to make tackles

FluSH
09-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Amado's corner today was clutch... that set up Nana in for the goal... really if we lose Amado who in the world is going to take our set pieces!!!!

ensco
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
^We've been terrible on set pieces since the beginning of Robert's stint.

We were long overdue to get something off a corner. it was a beauty.

James17930
09-13-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm willing to give Amado the benefit of the doubt in regards to 'missing tackles' given that this was his 4th game in 13 days and he played the full 90 after only flying into T.O. on Friday.

He's been good when it comes to defending all year, given his position, so if he felt tired today and didn't defend 100%, I'm not going to fault him for it. Look at everything else he did on the positive side of the ball today and it more than makes up for it.

I really hope that we are able to keep him next year (despite BB's musings).

Blizzard
09-13-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm willing to give Amado the benefit of the doubt in regards to 'missing tackles' given that this was his 4th game in 13 days and he played the full 90 after only flying into T.O. on Friday.

He's been good when it comes to defending all year, given his position, so if he felt tired today and didn't defend 100%, I'm not going to fault him for it. Look at everything else he did on the positive side of the ball today and it more than makes up for it.

I really hope that we are able to keep him next year (despite BB's musings).

Barely Friday. 11:30pm!

AL-MO
09-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I am going to have a look at this interview Voodoo, as I am pretty shocked that he wants to play DM in this league.

Almost seems like a waste. I'd rather have a guy like Robbo(or Sanyang or Cronin) play holding Mid, solely responsible for winning the ball back, and then making that 5 yard pass to JDG who leads the attack back up the field.

v00d00daddy
09-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I am going to have a look at this interview Voodoo, as I am pretty shocked that he wants to play DM in this league.

Almost seems like a waste. I'd rather have a guy like Robbo(or Sanyang or Cronin) play holding Mid, solely responsible for winning the ball back, and then making that 5 yard pass to JDG who leads the attack back up the field.

I was shocked to hear it too. I would have thought that he would be thinking about being more involved in the attack. Only time will tell.

The interview was Julian standing out in the hall after training....I think.

Brooker
09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
v_uL617dwqs

cough

FluSH
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
^^^
great oldie...

T0R0NT0 FC
09-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Amado makes too much in salary and gives the ball away too much, he has been invisible for most of this season. With DeRo, JDG, Cronin, Sanyang, Vitti... Amado isn't worth the money. Today's goal off the corner kick wasnt' as much skill as it was simply a law of averages... after about 100 corner kicks without a goal, eventually one was going to go in.

AL-MO
09-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Amado makes too much in salary and gives the ball away too much, he has been invisible for most of this season. With DeRo, JDG, Cronin, Sanyang, Vitti... Amado isn't worth the money. Today's goal off the corner kick wasnt' as much skill as it was simply a law of averages... after about 100 corner kicks without a goal, eventually one was going to go in.

Amado is the most creative player on the team. He brings alot to the game, and you definitely notice it when he is not playing.

With that said, when there was talk of JDG signing I saw him as taking Amado's spot in the MF.

Brooker
09-13-2009, 10:37 AM
is everybody in agreement that either Robbo or Amado is gone next year, without a doubt?

i haven't kept up with the talks about it.

T0R0NT0 FC
09-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Amado is the most creative player on the team. He brings alot to the game, and you definitely notice it when he is not playing.

With that said, when there was talk of JDG signing I saw him as taking Amado's spot in the MF.

I loved Amado too when he came, but this entire year DeRo has been the most creative player on the team. Amado was great last season, but this year he has been average at best. His passing yesterday was sub-par and he gave it away directly to an opposing player half the time. He was playing DM yesterday and many times he let a player walk around him. (he was tired, so that is the likely reason) But with DeRo, JDG, Cronin and Sanyang as the top 4, he just hasnt' played well enough this season to beat out any of those players based on form. He gets in because of his name now, and I wouldnt' be surprised if this is his last season with us to clear off that cap space.

T0R0NT0 FC
09-13-2009, 10:42 AM
is everybody in agreement that either Robbo or Amado is gone next year, without a doubt?

i haven't kept up with the talks about it.

Realistically, they could both be gone. We'll be picking up players in the draft, and we'll be getting new players when the transfer window opens after the season.

InTheCrowd
09-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Did you guys see how many balls DeRo lost yesterday?

P.S - Let's not expect anything from the draft unless we get a first round pick.

Yohan
09-13-2009, 11:18 AM
P.S - Let's not expect anything from the draft unless we get a first round pick.
do you want me to name how many 2nd round or later rookies are starting, or getting a lot of mins in MLS this year?

granted, this year's draft was very deep, but...

v00d00daddy
09-13-2009, 11:24 AM

Go back and look at the game summaries for the first 10-12 games of the season. You'll see that Guevara was vital, if not our best player.

Not coincidentally, those games were where TFC got most of their points this year.

If it has to be Robbo or Amado....it had better be Robbo that is out.

ballerz
09-13-2009, 11:26 AM

I think such comments about Guevara is very ignorant about the game of soccer. Different players bring different attributes to the game. For some reasons, the culture of Canadian soccer prevent fans from admiring the more tactical side of soccer. We like it when DeRo puts his head down and take on 4 players. It would be like me making a general comment saying DeRo's contribution is invisible because he likes to dribble into a wall and manages to breakthrough once in a while.

ballerz
09-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I loved Amado too when he came, but this entire year DeRo has been the most creative player on the team. Amado was great last season, but this year he has been average at best. His passing yesterday was sub-par and he gave it away directly to an opposing player half the time. He was playing DM yesterday and many times he let a player walk around him. (he was tired, so that is the likely reason) But with DeRo, JDG, Cronin and Sanyang as the top 4, he just hasnt' played well enough this season to beat out any of those players based on form. He gets in because of his name now, and I wouldnt' be surprised if this is his last season with us to clear off that cap space.

Amado was not playing DM. All he did was dropped deep to get the ball and initiate the attack. This is how the Honduran team use Amado. This is how TFC should have done it since the day Amado got here - run the offence through our best player. I do recall sparingly times in which Amado was fed up with his teammates and he dropped deep to demand the ball. Usually, this was when TFC is down and pressing and it resulted in more positive play most of the time.

InTheCrowd
09-13-2009, 11:34 AM
do you want me to name how many 2nd round or later rookies are starting, or getting a lot of mins in MLS this year?

granted, this year's draft was very deep, but...

My friend, we're not going to get an Amado or Robinson from 2nd or 3rd round picks.

H Bomb
09-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Amado was great yesterday. But he did play like Amado, nipping at peoples ankles in the challenge, or picking a direction that he thinks the opposite player will go and missing most of the time. Dudes not a tackler, but we covered for it yesterday and it didnt hurt us at all. Like our complete lack on natural width. Amado adds a flare to the team and I love him, but yesterday he played the position JDG does for the CMNT. pick it up in his half and move it up into the offence. Also I want to say how awesome Sam Cronin is. HE bossed the midfield as much as anyone yesterday

Yohan
09-13-2009, 12:27 PM
My friend, we're not going to get an Amado or Robinson from 2nd or 3rd round picks.
maybe not.

but you might get a Will Hesmer or Matt Pickens. Or Chris Rolfe, Gonzalo Segares. Jozy Altidore ring a bell? Robbie Findley? Omar Cummings? Geoff Cameron?

GBV
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
if AG matched what he has in skill with heart and effort, he could be one of the top players in the league.

Yohan
09-13-2009, 12:33 PM
if AG matched what he has in skill with heart and effort, he could be one of the top players in the league.
he was one of the top players in the league. MLS MVP in 04 IIRC. 10 goals 10 assists that year

InTheCrowd
09-13-2009, 12:35 PM
maybe not.

but you might get a Will Hesmer or Matt Pickens. Or Chris Rolfe, Gonzalo Segares. Jozy Altidore ring a bell? Robbie Findley? Omar Cummings? Geoff Cameron?

We can hope, yes.

GBV
09-13-2009, 01:21 PM
he was one of the top players in the league. MLS MVP in 04 IIRC. 10 goals 10 assists that year

what might your point be with regards to 2009?

dude's a floater.

AL-MO
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Amado was great yesterday. But he did play like Amado, nipping at peoples ankles in the challenge, or picking a direction that he thinks the opposite player will go and missing most of the time. Dudes not a tackler, but we covered for it yesterday and it didnt hurt us at all. Like our complete lack on natural width. Amado adds a flare to the team and I love him, but yesterday he played the position JDG does for the CMNT. pick it up in his half and move it up into the offence. Also I want to say how awesome Sam Cronin is. HE bossed the midfield as much as anyone yesterday

Agreed. That is why I think Amado is the one to go. And if Honduras makes the WC he isn't going to be around much next summer anyways!

ballerz
09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Agreed. That is why I think Amado is the one to go. And if Honduras makes the WC he isn't going to be around much next summer anyways!

I would like to see him be with TFC next year for this reason. Good exposure for us if the captain of an upstart concacaf team is the property of TFC.

Daveisonfire
09-13-2009, 07:33 PM

Wynne----Attakora----Garcia----Brennan
--------de Guzman----Robinson-----------
-----------------Guevara-------------------
Barrett--------------------------De Rosario
------------------Gerba---------------------

4.4.2 Diamond

Wynne----Attakora----Garcia----Brennan
-----------------Robinson------------------
-----de Guzman----------de Rosario------
------------------Guevara------------------
---------Gerba--------------White---------

jloome
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Absolutely agree. I think the addition will help guys like Guevara (and vitti for that matter).

JDG is another guy that will be on the field who is going to understand where Amado wants to go with the ball.

TFC may break down in the back, and they may still shit the bed in the final 1/3.....but with Guevara, DeRo, Cronin, Vitti (hopefully) and now JDG in the midfield, we should be able to move the ball around with ease.

Fingers crossed.

For what it's worth...here's the way I'd like to see TFC lineup after suspensions are over. My fave XI:

-------------------------Frei-------------------------
---Attakora------Serioux-------Gomez-----Brennan----

-------------------------JDG-------------------------
------------Vitti-------------------Cronin-------------
----------------------Guevara------------------------

-----------DeRosario----------------------------------

------------------------Gerba-------------------------

I think Guevara and JDG would work very well in the middle.

Good formation, except I'd move Attakora in and put Wynne back there, then switch DeRo and Amado, ala the last game. DeRo has less-than-subtly stated publicly twice now that he'd rather play attacking mid than forward and he started behind Amado on Saturday, very effectively. He tracks back better to close avenues, for one.

I'd still like to see 2 strikers, so I'd drop Vitti in favour of white and go with

--------------Fre---------------
Wynne--Attakora--Gomez--Brennan
--------Cronin--JDG--DeRo
-------------Guevara-------------
----------Gerba-----White--------------

Have Cronin and JDG closing down anyone before they can get deep, shutting down the major offensive threats, with Cronin able to drop bacjk and support the defense as well. If they play both ways, we have three mid set up men behind the strikers, with the ability for Cronin and DeRo to drift wide and support flank play when necessary.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I like that formation jloome, though I hope Fellinga proves that maybe he should be competing for starting LB . And hopefully with the cash that will be freed up this summer with the departure of some players, we can sign one more competent forward to rotate with Gerba and OBW.

That would give us a formidable starting XI, as well as some potentially wicked bench depth, in addition to the ability to cycle some players.

- Scott

FluSH
09-13-2009, 08:05 PM
what might your point be with regards to 2009?

dude's a floater.

That's a little bit harsh for someone who clearly is one of the most important pieces in the team...

The man has been playing clutch games for Honduras and TFC for quite some time now.
Also, his style of play is not really suited for what Cummins (and Carver before) him has in store for this team.

ensco
09-13-2009, 08:11 PM
I would love to get Sanyang in there but have no good idea how to do it. Maybe by moving DeRo up to striker and sitting White.

I think what jloome proposes is close to what Cummins will actually do, but I'd bet Serioux will be in for Gomez. The problem with that formation is that DeRo is often invisible wide.

DeRo was especially ineffective when he was wide in WCQ with the CMNT, and I worry that some of it may be due to style overlap with JDG. Of course a lot of it was Dale Mitchell BS....

prizby
09-13-2009, 08:23 PM
-----------Frei-------------
---Nana-Garcia-Serioux-----
Wynne----JDG------Brennan
---------Guevara-----------
------Vitti-----DeRo--------
----------Gerba------------

I'd have arrows showing Wynne/Brennan pushing up. I don't care how slow Garcia, I think the experience is more important then the speed. Maybe you start Gomez and have Garcia come in for the last 15 to hold the line down. Garcia is certainly the best communicater TFC has for the back line.

Maybe TFC should employ a system that DeRo and JDG are use to playing on the CMNT...

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Garcia's "experience" is only valuable, if he has the capacity to command and lead our backline. Instead, we look as out of sync as ever back there.

I'm all for signing a veteran defensive presence at center-half, but Garcia isn't that player.

- Scott

FluSH
09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Garcia's "experience" is only valuable, if he has the capacity to command and lead our backline. Instead, we look as out of sync as ever back there.

I'm all for signing a veteran defensive presence at center-half, but Garcia isn't that player.

- Scott

I don't see Garcia in our lineup next year... I just don't think he wants to be here...

off-topic:

Who is now translating for Vitti and Guevara now that Velez is gone?!?!

ArmenJBX
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Who is now translating for Vitti and Guevara now that Velez is gone?!?!

None of the players, but I know that the Nick Dasovic speaks a ton of languages.

Maybe they get CV2 to do it, I know he speaks spanish.

DoubleUp
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
None of the players, but I know that the Nick Dasovic speaks a ton of languages.

Maybe they get CV2 to do it, I know he speaks spanish.
This is where having Julian outthere kinda helps the team all round even though I think we should send Vitti home and try another loan from the argentine team we played. Same skill set but a bit more Imposing!

Ossington Mental Youth
09-13-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't see Garcia in our lineup next year... I just don't think he wants to be here...

i dont see him here but for different reasons, if he does stay itll be for less pay or as a coach or something

AL-MO
09-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Good formation, except I'd move Attakora in and put Wynne back there, then switch DeRo and Amado, ala the last game. DeRo has less-than-subtly stated publicly twice now that he'd rather play attacking mid than forward and he started behind Amado on Saturday, very effectively. He tracks back better to close avenues, for one.

As much as he WANTS to play attacking mid, I think he has to look for his teammates alot more than he is currently if he wants to play that position.

I think DERO up front is a result of him wanting to shoot whenever he gets the chance, and looking for his teammates less and less.