PDA

View Full Version : HD Broadcast today

johnmolinaro
09-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Just to let you know that the CBC broadcast today will be in HD. Broadcast starts at 3:30 with a pre-game show which includes 1-on-1 with JDG.

Also, I'll be live blogging from the press box at BMO so if you're online, be sure to stop by the chat room:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/09/08/spf-tfc-colorado-blog.html

Cheers,
John
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Red CB Toronto
09-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Why don't you come over to the tailgate John and blogg from their today for a bit anyway, we have the Big Terry Fox Headshave today, along with other fund raising things going on all to help those in need. Some of your fellow media types will be their too. Keep up their great coverage and insight you provide. Thanks

Redcoe15
09-12-2009, 11:34 AM
:thumbsup: Sweet! And I just refigured my stereo system to get the best sound.

johnmolinaro
09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
broadcast will also feature a taped one-on-one interview with JDG after yesterday's presser. we're also trying to get him to stop by the booth to talk to Nigel and Jason during the game.

Dichio will stop by the booth to talk to Nigel and Jason during the game in the 24th minute.

Mitch Peacock will talk with Tom Ansemle from MLSE who will have new info on having a grass field at BMO

John

kodiakTFC
09-12-2009, 05:04 PM
HD looked real good.

twistedchinaman
09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
HD looked fantastic -- much better than the pukey Seattle camerawork. Have you guys found the person who did the Seattle game and beaten them to pulp yet? :lol:

jloome
09-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Great looking game today.

Lucky Strike
09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
HD looked fantastic -- much better than the pukey Seattle camerawork. Have you guys found the person who did the Seattle game and beaten them to pulp yet? :lol:

Indeed. There was a moment or two where the camera had to catch up to the play but nothing unforgivable; it happens.

My biggest gripe though, and I don't know if everyone got this, was a constant ringing noise from the broadcast, similar to what people get in their ears after being subjected to a loud noise. And no, it wasn't just my ears, I muted it at one point to verify what I was hearing and it was in fact the broadcast. Though it's not something obvious, it was sweet relief to change the channel at the end of the game when you realize how bad it actually was.

Aside from that, an excellent broadcast today, I love seeing TFC in HD.

James Oliphant
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
HD was nice.

I just don't get the decision by whoever produced/edited the De Guzman feature to put whatever filter that was on the video. I can understand trying to give it a bit of a different look, but whatever was used there flattened out the image and made it look like the signal was being interfered with. And it was only on that feature too.

Kinda defeated the purpose of HD.

Otherwise, the game looked fantastic. :)

And yes, Lucky Strike...I heard that ringing too.

ecospice
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM
broadcast will also feature a taped one-on-one interview with JDG after yesterday's presser. we're also trying to get him to stop by the booth to talk to Nigel and Jason during the game.

Dichio will stop by the booth to talk to Nigel and Jason during the game in the 24th minute.

Mitch Peacock will talk with Tom Ansemle from MLSE who will have new info on having a grass field at BMO

John

Great job today for CBC (biased as I may be!!!)

h:scarf:

Redcoe15
09-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Plase say yes! ;) :D

ecospice
09-12-2009, 07:59 PM

In Toronto, CBC gets to use its own cameras, etc, to broadcast the game. In Seattle, they had to pick up a feed, which feed was terrible...I blame NBC.

:drum:

JonO
09-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Criticized the Seattle feed, so I'll give compliments where they are due. Couldn't make the game because of the kids, but it looked real good in HD. Keep up the good work...

cy43
09-12-2009, 08:19 PM
HD was nice.

I just don't get the decision by whoever produced/edited the De Guzman feature to put whatever filter that was on the video. I can understand trying to give it a bit of a different look, but whatever was used there flattened out the image and made it look like the signal was being interfered with. And it was only on that feature too.

Kinda defeated the purpose of HD.

Otherwise, the game looked fantastic. :)

And yes, Lucky Strike...I heard that ringing too.

I thought I was crazy... Thanks for confirming the ringing!

twistedchinaman
09-13-2009, 05:01 AM

From John's silence on this issue I'm afraid the answer could be no.

To that, I say, BLAST!!!