PDA

View Full Version : a couple of unrelated things

mlsintoronto
09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I know that a lot of people think we made headway on grass today and that it was big news today...but it is just one step in a long process that started 18 months ago. It is a sensitive and politically charged area - but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have (and will continue to) supported this in a meaningful way. Domin8or and everyone else - thanks and keep it up! tougher days are ahead, but we'll get our grass.

The video Claudio put together for when we first sat with Julian is here : http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1176
The audio is not the original due to rights issues...but we'll post it on youtube so you can see it with full impact. It is a great piece.

Tomorrow at the game we will acknowledge Danny shortly before anthems (roughly 3:45-3:50). We'll do a proper 'ceremony' at the last game of the season, but we didn't want to let tomorrow go by without notice. The kick is at 4:06. Ticket says 3:30 - you'd be best to try to get there early - we all know what gates are like at gametime.

Finally - today was a big day for TFC and me personally - second maybe to opening day in 2007. Thanks to everyone for your PMs, tweets, emails etc. It will really be nice to go back and look at when the inevitable turning of the tides occurs! :canada:

flatpicker
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks Paul.
I certainly hope the final steps toward grass go smoothly.
I look forward to the much deserved "thank you" for Danny at the final game.
And here's hoping we get to see JDG tomorrow???????

Pigfynn
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks Paul.

Ya, is this impossible now?

king dave
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
I know that a lot of people think we made headway on grass today and that it was big news today...but it is just one step in a long process that started 18 months ago. It is a sensitive and politically charged area - but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have (and will continue to) supported this in a meaningful way. Domin8or and everyone else - thanks and keep it up! tougher days are ahead, but we'll get our grass.

The video Claudio put together for when we first sat with Julian is here : http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1176
The audio is not the original due to rights issues...but we'll post it on youtube so you can see it with full impact. It is a great piece.

Tomorrow at the game we will acknowledge Danny shortly before anthems (roughly 3:45-3:50). We'll do a proper 'ceremony' at the last game of the season, but we didn't want to let tomorrow go by without notice. The kick is at 4:06. Ticket says 3:30 - you'd be best to try to get there early - we all know what gates are like at gametime.

Finally - today was a big day for TFC and me personally - second maybe to opening day in 2007. Thanks to everyone for your PMs, tweets, emails etc. It will really be nice to go back and look at when the inevitable turning of the tides occurs! :canada:
Thanks Paul!
Sorry to call you out early on in the season.
I am feeling a bit more optomistic lately:D.
KD.

mlsintoronto
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks Paul!
Sorry to call you out early on in the season.
I am feeling a bit more optomistic lately:D.
KD.

its cause i made fun of your singing isnt it?

mlsintoronto
09-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks Paul.

no JDG tomorrow. things here happened too late...the Spanish FA doesnt open after siesta on Fridays...

billyfly
09-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks Paul!

Thanks Domin8ter!

Thanks RPB!

Pigfynn
09-11-2009, 10:58 PM
no JDG tomorrow. things here happened too late...the Spanish FA doesnt open after siesta on Fridays...

Will he lay low Paul? or will he be shown off tomorrow?

AL-MO
09-11-2009, 10:59 PM

I suggest you don't bring that up.

He is still mad @ JimmyB for his comments about the anthem! (said to me @ practice in SC)

:p

mlsintoronto
09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Will he lay low Paul? or will he be shown off tomorrow?

i dunno...he cant be on the bench. not sure. ask me tomorrow!

flatpicker
09-11-2009, 11:00 PM

http://newcentrist.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mixed-nuts.jpg

Ageroo
09-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for all your work and thanks for keeping us in the loop......:)

king dave
09-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh, you had to bring that up, heh?
Wait til I see JB.
If you see him, tell him KDs looking for him;)
KD.

FluSH
09-11-2009, 11:06 PM

Thank You PB...

Pigfynn
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Ya cheers Paul! I still can't always believe someone actually gives a shit about what is said and asked on here :)

Temperamental bunch that we are

king dave
09-11-2009, 11:09 PM
That's so funny!
I was talking to my seasons ticket partner and after a few pints tonight I jokingly said, "You know? It's Spain! The entire country is probably starting siesta as we are on our way to work."
KD.

king dave
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
It's the "Late Night with mlstoronto thread!"
KD.

FluSH
09-11-2009, 11:15 PM
^^^
KD where is your proline thread!!!

Ladies Love Julius James
09-11-2009, 11:16 PM
^^^
KD where is your proline thread!!!

check the offtopic LOL

romburgundy
09-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Who's the musical guest? from what I hear not you KD!

king dave
09-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Okay that's it!
This has been coming.
I cordially invite our captain, Jimmy Brennan, to sing the Canadian National Anthem with me.
My schedule is flexible.
The venue is insignificant but I tell you this!
If we make the playoffs?
I expect an answer from the FO.

Yes, I've had a few and I will have a few more 'cause it's officially matchday and I am getting pumped.
I will be in Chicago on the 26th and New York on the 24th.
Let me know!
And I am serious.
Ask anyone.
KD.

FluSH
09-11-2009, 11:30 PM
This makes for a great KD T-Shirt:

And I am serious.
Ask anyone.

Darlofletch
09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
i dunno...he cant be on the bench. not sure. ask me tomorrow!

so. it's tomorrow. what's going on with jdg today?

king dave
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Who's the musical guest? from what I hear not you KD!
Eat a dick pal!
Look and learn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIYNzTMTgUs
KD.

McBrace
09-11-2009, 11:41 PM
flush i'll i'll take one t please. lol

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
This makes for a great KD T-Shirt:

And I am serious.
Ask anyone.
I'd buy it.

Thanks Paul.

ensco
09-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Paul

I have on numerous occasions questioned the sincerity of MLSE in putting out the dough required to make this a serious possibility. I now see that this concern was misplaced, and I wish to congratulate you personally on leading your organization through this. This is an incredible accomplishment, these are hard times.

I also think even the hardest opponent to the Real Madrid friendly can see the wisdom in what you did there. There is nothing that demonstated the necessity, and the possibilities, more than that single event did.

ensco
09-12-2009, 08:24 AM
A suggestion for the group: sing the Edu song one last time today. After all, if the remaining pieces come together, we will have, in the end, traded Maurice for grass!

Marco2K
09-12-2009, 08:31 AM
A suggestion for the group: sing the Edu song one last time today. After all, if the remaining pieces come together, we will have, in the end, traded Maurice for grass!
this sounds stupid.

Overall it does make me feel better to know MLSE is on board with this WINING IDEA. Grass and JDG equals winning.

Marco2K
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
King dave i must say You ARE THE GREATEST.

FUnny guy and everyone loves you.

Your ANTHEM SINGING IS GREAT!!!!

billygrieveuk
09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
tony bennett? no...its king dave.

rocker
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Paul, quick question...

today i read that the Federal government may fall before October 1 and an election will be underway for October.

does this put any delay into your timetable? I saw that Oct 1 was a day to get approval from the feds.

Hitcho
09-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks Paul

A) for coming on here to update us; and

B) for the long push for grass.

Oh, and for De Guz I suppose - ha ha!

Cheers

Hitcho

PS - can we sue spain if we miss the play-offs as a result of JDG not being available for Colorado?

mlsintoronto
09-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Paul, quick question...

today i read that the Federal government may fall before October 1 and an election will be underway for October.

does this put any delay into your timetable? I saw that Oct 1 was a day to get approval from the feds.

maybe. it is not perfectly clear.

MartinUtd
09-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I'd even go as far as to say that no public spending programs are safe given the deficit and lack of vision by the ruling party... but that whole tirade belongs in a different forum.