PDA

View Full Version : Do we get the short end of the mls stick

Manutd #1
09-10-2009, 08:59 PM
For the past couple years I have been thinking about this, do we get unfair treatment from mls?

I think we do and sometimes its very obvious and my thoughts are the league thinks why do we need a winner in toronto the fans will come anyway(like the leafs) they rather teams like Columbus win as they get shitty crowds and it may build them(obviously didnt work)

some examples
-we must have the most pks against in the last 10 mins(some our fault, some very questionable) usually when we are up or tied
-refusal by the league to postpone our games and we are forced to play with vancouver white caps players on our team(talk abotu amature league)
-I could be wrong but i think we usually get the short end of the stick officiating wise
-this whole de guzman thing, we honestly do not know whats happening but what if the league is holding this signing up long enough so that he misses the saturday game? i mean from all accounts the deal is done how long does approval of one contract take?

anyway i could be wrong just wondering if others agree disagree?

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I heard the league pays Marvel Wynne to keep his hands up in the penalty area

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I heard the league pays Serioux to elbow people in the head when he's last man back

Nuvinho
09-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I heard the league pays Barrett to miss the net

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I also heard that the league pays DeRo to hoof the ball 100 feet over the net everytime he takes a shot

Darlofletch
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Anselmi's the world's smartest football brain, but the league forced him to employ mo, and that when Carver quit, Mo had Alex ferguson lined up for the job, but they forced him to promote Cummins instead.

BC101
09-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I wanna put it in some gals batty.

Nerepis
09-10-2009, 09:12 PM
We were once paid for not scoring for 824 minutes straight.

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I wanna put it in some gals batty.

Cheeba, go work on your paper

BC101
09-10-2009, 09:13 PM
T O R OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO In that gals batty.

Sonny Cheeba
09-10-2009, 09:14 PM
i am hahaha... just finished up some references, now i'm getting rid of all those spelling and grammar squiggly lines.

also having a brew.

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
T O R OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO In that gals batty.

Naw I would FORZA in the gals batty.

BC101
Row 112 seat 1 row 4... They should retire this seat... Otherwise iam getting the short end of the MLSE stick.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
I heard the league forced Samuel to stop eating pies....and thats why he headed back to scotland!

Sonny Cheeba
09-10-2009, 09:16 PM
MLS allowed Seattle in, just so we don't get too many calluses from self cock massages.

BC101
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I contracted Aids at Columbus I ate a (whatever they serve there) at the ground and now i have aids.. Short end of the MLS stick for sure.

Sonny Cheeba
09-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I heard the league forced Samuel to stop eating pies....and thats why he headed back to scotland!

now he's eating scottish lady front-bum

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM
For the past couple years I have been thinking about this, do we get unfair treatment from mls?

I think we do and sometimes its very obvious and my thoughts are the league thinks why do we need a winner in toronto the fans will come anyway(like the leafs) they rather teams like Columbus win as they get shitty crowds and it may build them(obviously didnt work)

some examples
-we must have the most pks against in the last 10 mins(some our fault, some very questionable) usually when we are up or tied
-refusal by the league to postpone our games and we are forced to play with vancouver white caps players on our team(talk abotu amature league)
-I could be wrong but i think we usually get the short end of the stick officiating wise
-this whole de guzman thing, we honestly do not know whats happening but what if the league is holding this signing up long enough so that he misses the saturday game? i mean from all accounts the deal is done how long does approval of one contract take?

anyway i could be wrong just wondering if others agree disagree?

No were not getting the shaft, bad breaks maybe but we lose or win on our own..We cant use the Refs as an excuse...its like listening to leafs excuses for losing to gretzky and Kings in a playoff game a few years back...lets not become like Leaf fans for christ sakes..they will not let it die. JDG there is a lot of issues, salary being the main one and the cap,
and TFC cant just dump players to make roo, they will have to trade and
teams knowing TFC position will be waiting like Buzzards on a carcus..it will get done,,just not at a high orice to give up for TFC!!

BC101
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
why the fuck do you have a Brasil logo LMAO I thought you were scottish dutch Irish Korean or some shit.

InTheCrowd
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I honestly don't think we have a cap problem.

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 09:27 PM
No were not getting the shaft, bad breaks maybe but we lose or win on our own..We cant use the Refs as an excuse...its like listening to leafs excuses for losing to gretzky and Kings in a playoff game a few years back...lets not become like Leaf fans for christ sakes..they will not let it die. JDG there is a lot of issues, salary being the main one and the cap,
and TFC cant just dump players to make roo, they will have to trade and
teams knowing TFC position will be waiting like Buzzards on a carcus..it will get done,,just not at a high orice to give up for TFC!!

Right about the refs, but for JDG, the team has not said he is signed, that's a blog rumour. They won't say a thing until it's done, meaning JDG, Mo, MLSE, Don Garber, and the fat kid from Facts of Life have approved the deal.

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Right about the refs, but for JDG, the team has not said he is signed, that's a blog rumour. They won't say a thing until it's done, meaning JDG, Mo, MLSE, Don Garber, and the fat kid from Facts of Life have approved the deal.

HAHA who was the fat kid from Facts of Life? I thought it was all about chicks?

Hitcho
09-10-2009, 09:31 PM
i think we get the shaft through the international player rules that apply to us and no-one else. with vancouver coming in and possibly montreal the pressure on decent canadian talent is going to be massive if the rules don't change and start counting canucks and yanks all as "domestic" players.

i don;t think we get the shaft from some secret sub-plot by mls, but i wouldn;t be surprised if refs and linesmen come to bmo field and get intimidated so over-correct their decisions, or et pissed off from the abuse they get and call against us more than they should as a result. some of these guys are not used to the kind of atmosphere that bmo field can generate on a good day/night.

Bobo
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
This is FIFA we're talking about. It would be naive to completely exclude the possibility of corruption. It does seem like we're getting the short end of the stick game in game out. Maybe its bias, but it sure seems that way.

James Oliphant
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
You guys wanna see a dead body?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/jenessa7_2006/stand-by-me-deluxe-edition-20050419.jpg

InTheCrowd
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
i think we get the shaft through the international player rules that apply to us and no-one else. with vancouver coming in and possibly montreal the pressure on decent canadian talent is going to be massive if the rules don't change and start counting canucks and yanks all as "domestic" players.

i don;t think we get the shaft from some secret sub-plot by mls, but i wouldn;t be surprised if refs and linesmen come to bmo field and get intimidated so over-correct their decisions, or et pissed off from the abuse they get and call against us more than they should as a result. some of these guys are not used to the kind of atmosphere that bmo field can generate on a good day/night.

We do have 5 more international slots than other teams that are meant for US players though. I think it is fair.

Sonny Cheeba
09-10-2009, 09:44 PM

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/jenessa7_2006/stand-by-me-deluxe-edition-20050419.jpg

or the John Singleton version

"y'all wanna see a dead body?"
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/bcschleif/boyz_420.jpg

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Forget the dead body, I still want to know who the fat kid was in Facts of LIfe

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,natalie2.jpg

On the right

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
wait, who's the girl near the top??

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 10:06 PM
wait, who's the girl near the top??

Jo, that was Jo LOL

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
why the fuck do you have a Brasil logo LMAO I thought you were scottish dutch Irish Korean or some shit.

Canadian with Brit parents...but supporting football nation should not come down to where you live, just for the fact you love to see attacking football done with skill and flair..and Brazil its the only country that can do it..

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I also heard that the league pays DeRo to hoof the ball 100 feet over the net everytime he takes a shot

no thats a skill he does on his own:(

Ageroo
09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,natalie2.jpg

On the right

That's Natalie on the right.....:D

WHITEY
09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
That's Natalie on the right.....:D

HAHA thats it! And then there's Blair

Redcoe15
09-11-2009, 12:45 AM
no thats a skill he does on his own:(
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/gallery/silly/big_cup_of_STFU.jpg

Cashcleaner
09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
MLS allowed Seattle in, just so we don't get too many calluses from self cock massages.

Which, in hindsight, was a good thing.

I needed laser treatment for mine.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I love the fact that almost no one responded seriously to the original question. :D

- Scott

Broadview
09-11-2009, 06:02 AM

On the right

How is it that this picture is posted and Tootie is one of the last names mentioned? I mean c'mon, her name is Tootie FFS! And her boobs made Mrs Garrett's ample clevage look like mere bee stings.

If you guys want to talk about conspiracies, I say the conversation starts and stops right here.

Kevvv
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Actually I searched Tootie to find the name of the show - it was before my time.

InTheCrowd
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Canadian with Brit parents...but supporting football nation should not come down to where you live, just for the fact you love to see attacking football done with skill and flair..and Brazil its the only country that can do it..

I disagree.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I disagree.

thats cool...

kodiakTFC
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I heard the league pays Barrett to miss the net

They are getting their money's worth.

InTheCrowd
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
thats cool...