PDA

View Full Version : JDG - Can he lead TFC into the playoffs?

ManUtd4ever
09-10-2009, 08:40 AM
The developments of the past few days days have been bittersweet times for TFC supporters to say the least. "The Legend" Danny Dichio has moved on to the coaching ranks to accomodate the most anticipated signing in team history, star midfielder Julian DeGuzman. While this DP signing will undoubtedly benefit TFC for years to come, is this season beyond salvage at this point?

For what it's worth, I predict JDG will have enough of an impact in the few games remaining to sneak TFC into the playoffs by the final weekend of the schedule...

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Can JDG do it by himself? No.

Can he help DeRo, Gerba, et al. to secure some more points in the last few games? No doubt.

Sadly, we have the skill as it stands to beat any team in the league... we're just not getting it done.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
The developments of the past few days days have been bittersweet times for TFC supporters to say the least. "The Legend" Danny Dichio has moved on to the coaching ranks to accomodate the most anticipated signing in team history, star midfielder Julian DeGuzman. While this DP signing will undoubtedly benefit TFC for years to come, is this season beyond salvage at this point?

For what it's worth, I predict JDG will have enough of an impact in the few games remaining to sneak TFC into the playoffs by the final weekend of the schedule...

Can we get him in time for SAT!!!...thats the key!

maninb
09-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Still not a decent forward on the team...we've got a stacked midfield, NO WINGERS, and strikers who can't hit the braod side of a barn....

Lucky Strike
09-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I believe he would improve our chances signficantly, but we'd still miss out. The bad performances under Carver (most notably those two games against bottom-feeder Dallas) at the beginning of the season, will likely prove to be our undoing.

olegunnar
09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Still not a decent forward on the team...we've got a stacked midfield, NO WINGERS, and strikers who can't hit the braod side of a barn....

I agree

Plus when was the last time JDG played in a game? June?
It's not as if he'll be match fit for a few weeks.

ManUtd4ever
09-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Can we get him in time for SAT!!!...thats the key!

Agreed, there is no time to waste...

Phil
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM

Can he help DeRo, Gerba, et al. to secure some more points in the last few games? No doubt.

Sadly, we have the skill as it stands to beat any team in the league... we're just not getting it done.

This really hits home for me. We have a ton of talent on this team that can easily compete on a more consitant basis but we seem to fail at it.

Hopefully JDG can provide the link that makes it possible for these guys.

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-10-2009, 09:08 AM
unfortunately, nein.

king dave
09-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Now I voted yes for a change and here is why;
I can't see this team performing any worse than the last 3+ games.
And it's amazing what a single, though seemingly small, change can do when you've reached rock bottom as TFC has.
I expect a new look TFC Saturday.
Sure DD will be missed but you can't drive on a motorway with an old, bald tire and expect your vehicle to perform at it's best.
Yeah, yeah go ahead and rip me for that statement.
I expect it.
But we are moving forward and that is good.
The Danny Dichio era is over and he served us very well.
Thank you Danny.
But the show goes on and will continue to go on and it can't go on without our unfailing support.
Expect a solid performance Saturday and the cherry on top?
3 points;).
You heard it here first douchebags!
KD.

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Dave, what if JDG isn't in the lineup Saturday? :lol:

Pachuco
09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Well, if JDG plays saturday then I believe we can make the playoffs. But if his first game with TFC is away from home I'm not sure he'll have enough time to gell and make an impact.

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Sure DD will be missed but you can't drive on a motorway with an old, bald tire and expect your vehicle to perform at it's best.

Well, he mainly served as a spare tire. But to your point, he was not a high performance racing tire.

I expect a win Saturday, JDG or not.

MG42
09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
If we sign him this week can he play on sat?

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
If the paperwork from the league office comes through, but is he match fit? Fit enough to have an impact?

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
I would think so. He was on trial in Germany, he was looking to sign with a European team. I bet he's in better shape than most of our aging players.

RedMAN127
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Can we count on Cummins to pull together a plan and tactics to take advantage of JDG .. or will we see Barret upfront missing half a dozen chances .. I think we will have to rely on the familiarity that Gerba, JDG and DeRo have with one another to make this work on such short notice .. the guys should win this one for DD on Saturday, lets hope they can play a strong 90 minutes.

trane
09-10-2009, 09:52 AM
If Barret start upfron again, I will have no words.

DangerRed
09-10-2009, 10:01 AM
We still won't make the playoffs.

JDG has skill, but one man does not a team make. We've dug ourselves too big of a hole, whether you want to count the losses under Carver or the handballs of Marvell Wynne, or the scoreless run that Cummins took us on in recent weeks.

My prediction? We smoke Colorado on Saturday, play well the following game and maybe even get a win once again. Then, just as it's starting to look like we'll get in, the team will collapse and miss the post-season.

This team just doesn't show up on a consistent basis. I can't remember the person who's credited with this quote, but a fool is a man who keeps repeating the same action and expects a different result.

Cummins keeps sticking the same people up front Vitti-Barrett, namely, because he thinks Chad's a game away from breaking out. It's not happening.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong!

Pachuco
09-10-2009, 10:03 AM

JDG has skill, but one man does not a team make. We've dug ourselves too big of a hole, whether you want to count the losses under Carver or the handballs of Marvell Wynne, or the scoreless run that Cummins took us on in recent weeks.

My prediction? We smoke Colorado on Saturday, play well the following game and maybe even get a win once again. Then, just as it's starting to look like we'll get in, the team will collapse and miss the post-season.

This team just doesn't show up on a consistent basis. I can't remember the person who's credited with this quote, but a fool is a man who keeps repeating the same action and expects a different result.

Cummins keeps sticking the same people up front Vitti-Barrett, namely, because he thinks Chad's a game away from breaking out. It's not happening.

Ok I don't disagree with your assessment of what will probably happen the rest of the season. But one thing, why does everyone forget that Vitti does not play up front and DERO is our main striker? Do you guys not watch the same games I do? People keep saying we need a striker who can score goals, WE HAVE DERO PEOPLE!

Roogsy
09-10-2009, 10:06 AM

I have been very vocal about the fact that I don't think this team will make it. The odds are against us.

But like you...I expect the worst, and hope for the best. If I am proven wrong...I will be the happy to be told I was wrong. Ecstatic in fact.

KShep121
09-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have any scoop on JDG contract status? Considering the suspensions and whatnot, isn't it the dumbest move in history of TFC for Danny to retire before knowing that JDG was a go for Sat? Leaving ourselves with one less body is ridiculous...

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Does anyone have any scoop on JDG contract status? Considering the suspensions and whatnot, isn't it the dumbest move in history of TFC for Danny to retire before knowing that JDG was a go for Sat? Leaving ourselves with one less body is ridiculous...

I would assume it was done to help speed up the process with the MLS...

Pachuco
09-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I would assume it was done to help speed up the process with the MLS...

yeah I agree. I don't see how we could submit the signing to the league without first clearing the cap space. How is the league to approve a signing when the team hasn't shown they have the cap space right?

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
^^ Exactly.

Lucky Strike
09-10-2009, 10:19 AM

I believe that was Einstein on insanity.

KShep121
09-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Most recent globe article seems to think JDG will be introduced tomorrow:

PAUL ATTFIELD
TORONTO — From Thursday's Globe and Mail Last updated on Thursday, Sep. 10, 2009 03:33AM EDT

With a typically selfless display, Danny Dichio turned the page on his playing days yesterday the only way he knows how, with the team first and foremost in his mind.
With Toronto FC set to unveil incoming Canadian international Julian de Guzman tomorrow, and with Dichio's playing time and the team's salary-cap space already severely limited with the playoffs still more hope than certainty, the 34-year-old saw the writing on the wall and decided to accept the club's offer to become a team ambassador and academy coach, with a view to a first-team role next year.

English Rachel
09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Positivity!

DangerRed
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I have been very vocal about the fact that I don't think this team will make it. The odds are against us.

But like you...I expect the worst, and hope for the best. If I am proven wrong...I will be the happy to be told I was wrong. Ecstatic in fact.

Agreed -- I will celebrate truly, madly and deeply if we make the postseason.

Dave67
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
If Barret start upfron again, I will have no words.

I call bullshit. If Barrett starts up front again you will have many 4 letter words :)

mastermixer
09-10-2009, 10:34 AM
If we had a 2007-2008 Dichio and a fit JDG on the pitch together we would of been unstoppable!

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
If we have JDG, DeRo and Gerba (being used properly) we would be almost unstoppable. Gerba, when used right is a much better striker than Dichio. Look at their scoring ratios over the years.

jloome
09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
No. This team's problems run much deeper than bringing in one talented player. We have no width, our central defense is porous, we don't control the ball for reasonable lengths of time.

Batman
09-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Call me cynical, but I believe this to be purely a JOB SAVING move by Mo, not a way to help us get to the playoffs.

Should it save his job. Probably not.... but I think it will.

Steve
09-10-2009, 10:42 AM
If we have JDG, DeRo and Gerba (being used properly) we would be almost unstoppable. Gerba, when used right is a much better striker than Dichio. Look at their scoring ratios over the years.

I agree with you, but that might have to wait until next season. Gerba, DeRo and JDG had great chemistry on the MNT, and so should be able to tear it up, but I would argue that will only happen in the right system. Just look at Dale's tenue with the national team. Despite having these three players, the team was inneffective on every level. Frankly, I don't trust Cummins anymore to play the correct formation to best utilize these players.

Don't get me wrong, Cummins has brought some of our young players forward in leaps and bounds, and should be commended for that; however, his tactical abilities leave a lot to be desired. I'm just afraid we'll get JDG, but play inneffective football for the next 6 games. Next year though, if we have a new coach and all of these players in a real pre-season together? I can see some good things (isn't that the call of a Toronto sports fan "Next year we'll be AWESOME!").

Shaughno
09-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I agree with you, but that might have to wait until next season. Gerba, DeRo and JDG had great chemistry on the MNT, and so should be able to tear it up, but I would argue that will only happen in the right system. Just look at Dale's tenue with the national team. Despite having these three players, the team was inneffective on every level. Frankly, I don't trust Cummins anymore to play the correct formation to best utilize these players.

Don't get me wrong, Cummins has brought some of our young players forward in leaps and bounds, and should be commended for that; however, his tactical abilities leave a lot to be desired. I'm just afraid we'll get JDG, but play inneffective football for the next 6 games. Next year though, if we have a new coach and all of these players in a real pre-season together? I can see some good things (isn't that the call of a Toronto sports fan "Next year we'll be AWESOME!").

Unfortunately I agree with everything you've said.

H Bomb
09-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I think with this team and Steve Nichol we'd tear it up. Hopefully he demands a huge salary from New England in a get out scheme and they decide Mariner is ready for the top job, and Nichol comes and hangs out with his buddy Mo

Stryker
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Exit Cummins stage right.

S_D
09-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I think with this team and Steve Nichol we'd tear it up. Hopefully he demands a huge salary from New England in a get out scheme and they decide Mariner is ready for the top job, and Nichol comes and hangs out with his buddy Mo

With Kraft who hates spending money that would probably work.

Davenport
09-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Too late....no chance.

Super
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
JDG is a fantastic player and will no doubt improve our overall performance as a team. However, I don't want to put all the pressure of making the play-offs on his shoulders right off the bat. Like any other player he will need a little time to gel with the team, and it's not an easy thing to do with just 6 games to go - and a very unrealistic demand for 5-6 wins as well. Looking at the table our situation looks hopeless, but let's see what happens this Saturday, give Dichio a proper farewell, and at the same time a wonderful welcome to JDG. Then, well, let the chips fall where they may.

Kevvv
09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
isn't it the dumbest move in history of TFC for Danny to retire before knowing that JDG was a go for Sat? Leaving ourselves with one less body is ridiculous...

We have Gerba, White, and Ibrahim available. DD wasn't getting minutes, and Ibby is hardly even on the bench. CC still has options up front, and we already know that Danny was not considered one of the better options by Cummins (for whatever reasons).

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
KristianJack

Another day and more of the same: Still full of a cold, no energy and Julian De Guzman is apparently still a way off for TFC.about 4 hours ago (http://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/3888278241) from web

Super
09-10-2009, 01:17 PM
KristianJack
Another day and more of the same: Still full of a cold, no energy and Julian De Guzman is apparently still a way off for TFC.about 4 hours ago (http://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/3888278241) from web

So I guess no JDG on Saturday. :(

TFC Tifoso
09-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Can JDG be signed and suited up for the team before convos like this are started?........

flambe
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Can JDG be signed and suited up for the team before convos like this are started?........

+1

Did I read somewhere that there is going to be a press conference tomorrow sometime? If so, what time, does anyone know?

bertal
09-10-2009, 06:55 PM

spot on description

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-10-2009, 09:35 PM
No the playofs will have to wait one more season...we need more to the team then JDG. another defender and midfield players are badly needs as well as a quality striker ..the latter wont happen until we get grass....as far as barrett he has not played any worse then the rest of squad so let him play out the season, he will likely be left off the expansion protected list anyways and be gone for next season

K1nG
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM
No the playofs will have to wait one more season...we need more to the team then JDG. another defender and midfield players are badly needs as well as a quality striker ..the latter wont happen until we get grass....as far as barrett he has not played any worse then the rest of squad so let him play out the season, he will likely be left off the expansion protected list anyways and be gone for next season

I've got a bad feeling about Barrett. I think he'll get taken in the expansion draft, find his form and light it up.

As for JDG, by the time he assimilates himself and is ready to contribute in a playmaking role, it will be to late.

Cashcleaner
09-11-2009, 12:52 AM
You've got to be kidding me with this question. Can JDG lead us into the playoffs?!

Look, I don't know what planet the OP is living on, but if anyone seriously expects De Guzman is going to swoop into town, score eighteen goals in the next five games, and figure out our taxes just with the snap of his finger, they are going to be sadly mistaken. It's going to take time for him to get adjusted with the team and the style of play we have in MLS. That's not going to happen in a matter of days. I have my doubts he'll be here in time for the game on Saturday, but hopefully we'll have the ink dry by then.

Lucky Strike
09-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I've got a bad feeling about Barrett. I think he'll get taken in the expansion draft, find his form and light it up.

As for JDG, by the time he assimilates himself and is ready to contribute in a playmaking role, it will be to late.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Also see: Casey, Cunningham, Buddle, et al.

English Rachel
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10717_273644485170_681975170_8726077_277551_n.jpg

I called him getting the number 6, look, I kept his cmnt jersey on my facebook picture collage LOL

Big Bruva
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Exactly lol remember reading the same kinda threads when Ali was about to sign.

TFC still missing a few pieces. With De Guzman coming in 2 players that have wanted to leave for awhile will most ikely leave, well at least one of them.

Nuvinho
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Exactly lol remember reading the same kinda threads when Ali was about to sign.

TFC still missing a few pieces. With De Guzman coming in 2 players that have wanted to leave for awhile will most ikely leave, well at least one of them.

See ya Chad??

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm just hoping for a strong finish to the season.

scooter
09-11-2009, 01:14 PM

agreed so lets hope JDG can be the catalyst to get everybody moving
he does make things happen on the field:drum::canada:

Canadian Blue
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Where is the poll option for "No, not ever"

JDG is in Toronto solely for a paycheck, his desire is to play in Europe. I think many of you are putting way too much faith in a player that does not want to be here

Cashcleaner
09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Where is the poll option for "No, not ever"

JDG is in Toronto solely for a paycheck, his desire is to play in Europe. I think many of you are putting way too much faith in a player that does not want to be here

I do think some may be putting too much faith into the guy, but while he is undoubtedly still interested in playing a few more years in Europe, I don't think he doesn't want to be here either. I think he'll play his best and we will benefit from it, but I'm not expecting him to extend his contract or anything like that.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I do think some may be putting too much faith into the guy, but while he is undoubtedly still interested in playing a few more years in Europe, I don't think he doesn't want to be here either. I think he'll play his best and we will benefit from it, but I'm not expecting him to extend his contract or anything like that.

Unless he plans to retire at the end of this contract, or TFC decline to re-sign him, or he leaves before his current contract is completed, I actually fully expect him to re-up with us. He will be 31-32 years old by that point - if no European club has managed to tear him away from us by then, he won't be going anywhere, and cashing in with one last contract with us makes even more sense than it did this week.

As for JDG leading us into the playoffs - I think he can be the centerpiece in a revamped Toronto team with a better chance of making the playoffs, but like DeRo has shown - one player can't carry this team on his back without help. Soccer just doesn't really work that way.

With JDG in the lineup, I expect to see a much more effective Gerba, and an even more dangerous DeRo for the remaining games of this season. And once JDG gets settled in with his teammates, and has a full off-season to build some chemistry with players like Cronin, Guevara (if still here), Attakora, OBW, etc., in addition to his CMNT mates, I expect our midfield to offer up some pretty intoxicating passing next season (by MLS standards).

Seriously, if Gerba can get settled in, Obie turns out to be the real deal, and Sanyang/Gomez manage to learn enough to be solid starters, I think we've got a pretty damn good team for next season, without changing too much. Fellinga looked pretty good in his limited play time this past weekend too, though not enough to judge him, obviously.

- Scott

Bobo
09-14-2009, 05:10 PM
No. This team's problems run much deeper than bringing in one talented player. We have no width, our central defense is porous, we don't control the ball for reasonable lengths of time.

Width is more of a problem when you aren't good enough going down the middle, which we haven't been. But with JDG in the lineup and not Robbo, we WILL be able to control the ball for reasonable lengths of time. I can't stress enough the upgrade in distribution we are going to see. Width won't be as necessary. As for our defense, I'm confident enough with Serioux playing with Nana, not Gomez. I'd rather see Wynne at RB than Gomez at CB to be honest. Maybe try Robbo with Serioux and keep Wynne out?

This season, maybe too little too late, JDG coming during the window and ya, we'd be in the playoffs comfortably, but things are looking good for next season. *cue the Leafs comment* That being said, a wide player and quality CB need to finally be addressed for next year.

English Rachel
09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Width is more of a problem when you aren't good enough going down

I know, childish, I just couldn't resist... LOL

Manutd #1
09-14-2009, 09:01 PM
the games against LA and the fire will be big but if we can get 4 points out of them this poll will change a lot.

ManUtd4ever
09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
I know I am in the minority, but I still believe, and so do the Reds...

Posted in the TFC News section today:

TFC players believe playoffs within reach

By STEVEN SANDOR, SUN MEDIA
Last Updated: 15th September 2009, 4:57am

With just over a month left in the Major League Soccer season, only three teams -- FC Dallas, Kansas City and New York -- are playing out the string.
In that sense, other pro sports leagues must be looking at the MLS formula with envy.
This season, eight MLS teams make the playoffs: The top two teams in each conference, plus the best four remaining teams, regardless of conference.
Toronto FC is tied for ninth position with Real Salt Lake, with both teams on 34 points with five games left on the schedule. They are two points out of the last playoff spot. Three teams (Chivas USA, Colorado and D.C. United) are all out there to be caught, each on 36 points. New England is a point behind both RSL and TFC, with two games in hand on TFC.
With such an open race for the four final wild card slots, the race shifts from weekend to weekend.
But for Toronto FC, which crept up from 11th to ninth thanks to a 3-2 win over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday, the trick is not to get too caught up in what the other teams are doing. With so many teams in the mix, pretty well every out-of-town score has some impact on the Reds' playoff hopes.
Despite the fact that every team in the race save Real Salt Lake and D.C. United has games in hand on TFC, the Reds players maintain that their fate is still in their hands with just five games left on the schedule.
"It's best to get three points off of every game, and then see how it all adds up," rookie 'keeper Stefan Frei said.
Toronto FC defender Nick Garcia, an MLS veteran, has seen pretty well every playoff format that the MLS has rolled out. Garcia said while he definitely is paying attention to the other teams' results, he is not obsessive.
"It's not like I am sitting at a computer biting my nails, getting out the Ouija board and the voodoo dolls," he said. "For the most part, I could care less. It's all up to us."
Garcia said that the commissioner and the owners have dreamed up a wide-open system fans love -- but "coaches don't."
In 2007, Garcia's final season with the Kansas City Wizards, his team was in a dogfight with New York, Chicago and Columbus for the final three playoff spots. Columbus lost out, while all four of those teams finished within six points of each other.
This season could be the same for TFC.
Coach Chris Cummins hopes he can focus on the game, not the scoreboard, during Toronto FC's final regular-season match against the New York Red Bulls on Oct. 24.
"I don't want it to come down to the last game and need somebody to lose or somebody to draw."
Dwayne De Rosario, who on Saturday became the first TFC player to hit the double-digit mark in scoring in a single season, said the thought of missing the playoffs hasn't even crossed his mind.
He never has missed the post-season in his MLS career, and he's not about to begin the trend playing in his hometown.
"If you have any doubt," he said, "people are playing the wrong sport."

Briefly
Julian de Guzman is now available to play for Toronto FC after the completion of all paperwork following his move to the team late last week.
STEVEN.SANDOR@SUNMEDIA.CA

Jay P
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Let's see what Kanye has to say about this

ManUtd4ever
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Let's see what Kanye has to say about this

LOL!

English Rachel
09-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I know I am in the minority, but I still believe, and so do the Reds...

I believe, too.

And my steadfast belief brought JDG so I have no reason to believe it will fail me now :)

Shaughno
09-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes JDG to get frustrated with the subpar quality of this league? ;)

English Rachel
09-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I'd rather take a bet on how long it takes JDG to significantly improve the quality of play for TFC. We have the skill in each player but not the cement to solidify our game - JDG can/will be our cement.

rocker
09-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes JDG to get frustrated with the subpar quality of this league? ;)

he already knows what that's like.... playing in CONCACAF against teams like St Vincent and the Grenadines, Guatemala, and Cuba.... and for a team that didn't qualify for the world cup! ;)

and Cummins will seem like Fabio Capello compared to Dale Mitchell.

TFCinVANCOUVER
09-15-2009, 12:43 PM
If we do make playoffs, do you think they'll play it at the ACC on the new big screen?

Fort York Redcoat
09-16-2009, 07:54 AM
^I'd rather watch it down the pub but the demand has to be high enough. The viewership probably has a ways to go.

Kaz
09-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I was just looking at the numbers... we are currently 3 points out of a play off spot. If we play as we have been, we will have 2 wins and 1 tie... that means we finish with 41 points.. we will need 44 to make the play off on tie breakers.
there are 5 games left to come back.
That means we need a minimum of 3 wins and 1 tie to make the play offs.
I think it is do able. Wins again LA, SJ, and NY and a tie against RSL and we should be ok.
And it's still possible with another team going under so long as we don't lose 2 more this season. It's very possible to make the play offs this year.

__________Current __ projected
Columbus ___42________ 53*
Chicago ____ 39________ 47*
Houston ____ 40________ 47*
Chivas USA __36 _______ 46*
LA _________ 38 _______ 45*
New England _33________ 44*
Seattle ______37 _______ 44*
Colorado ____36________ 44*
TFC_________34________ 41
DC United____36________ 41
RSL ________ 34________ 41
Kansas City__ 27________ 34
FC Dallas____ 27________ 33
San Jose_____20________ 28
New York____ 16________ 23

This being said... there are just 6 points in my projection seperating 11 teams, if we don't make the playoffs there is no shame it's been a tough season. Though Wynne, Vitti and Garcia have to go and we need to pick up 2 25 year old 150k defenders and I would hope that Brennen or Robbo will retire and give us a few draft picks.