PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Dichio Thread

canadian_bhoy
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
The comments posted in this thread will be compiled, bound and given to danny so please post your thanks and memories below.

Danny, you aren't a legend because you scored the club's first goal. You're a legend because of the way you acted at the press conference today and every day since you arrived at the club. You have provided THE best moments I've ever since with this club. I'll never forget my favorite Dichio goal, last minute of the last game in season 2007 against New England. What a moment

6w6QxYplTBs&feature=related

TFC~Vatreni
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
The Legend TFC... thank you Danny.

Phil
09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks Danny, for bringing life to this team.

Roogsy
09-09-2009, 10:59 AM
LOL! I would argue the Danny issue has gone hundreds of pages now between all the topics that have been started the past few weeks over this saga.

But for Danny I would hope it goes another 1000!

Thank you Danny. Until the day I die your time with the team will be some of my favourite memories. Thank you for playing with passion, sometimes being the only one. Thank you for loving us as much as we love you.

NL1Nu3qZLdg

billyfly
09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
This city loves its warriors. Thanks DJ Danny D.

Smuttynose
09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
a true legend. thank you danny!

barticusz
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Dichio just announced his retirement.

As per tsn: http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=290493

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-09-2009, 11:02 AM
the man, the legend, the DD.

Ladies Love Julius James
hahahahahaahahaha at Barticusz

billyfly
^ Barticusz - Post of the Year!

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
^ Barticusz - Post of the Year!

dave's not here, man!

trane
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Grazie, sei grande, Daniele.

jabbronies
09-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Does anyone have a pic of DD kicking the flag pole?? He's done it a few times. There should be a tribute video of him breaking field equipment.throwing flag poles..and pushing players...it can be the DD abuse vid....

massive_magpie
Thanks Danny, you'll always be a hero.

Ageroo
I will always remember the Chicago game and sitting there right smack dab, front row behind the net for that legendary goal. I will never forget that moment! Thanks for all the memories Danny!

barticusz
09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm assuming I'm late to hear about this eh? lol :)

Well shit,..

flatpicker
09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Thank you Danny!

Mark in Ottawa
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Danny... I know you are a busy man what with a new "little-un" due at any time but I would just like to say that I look forward to meeting you in person some day to shake your hand and thank you for being the classy professional you have always been.

TFC has a fantastic ambassador in you and I hope they realize it as we the supporters do.

Good luck to you and yours in all your future endeavours and your life here in Canada.
We are lucky to have you here.

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
i love after his first goal the choice mocking/words with the keeper, hahaha

King Tut
09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Thank You Danny for everything you`ve done for TFC and Toronto. You've been a great role model for the entire team and always served with heart.

All the best to you and the family.
I look forward to attending your first game in charge of the academy.

23:13 forever

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xU6H9Uwh8Zo/SDWfcdcPb-I/AAAAAAAAAAw/raWNhxAOIPg/s320/dichio.jpg

Pigfynn
09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I will always remember the incredible joy I felt for the first ever goal and the one CB mentioned vs New England. Danny was always a favorite of mine back to his PNE (my other team) days.

When he came here I was excited, even as others were asking "who the hell is this guy?" . Still, I could have never guessed what an incredible impact he'd have on this brand new club...but, he christened it, he united it, he personifies it.

Here's to the next step Danny! We love you and we will always remember to sing for you...Thanks.

Jon

Lucky Strike
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
For me, there are two moments of the club I'll never forget and they were both provided by Danny.

1. Danny's first goal for the club and the deluge of seat cushions. I feel so fortunate to have one of the few framed and signed photographs of that moment.

2. Danny's last last gasp winner at the end of 2007, which made the whole season just so worth it. The timing of it (as the last game of the season and because it was literally the last kick of the season), the meaning of it snatching something from a game we were losing 2-0, the happiness that exploded from the stands at that time, the record-long scoreless drought erased and the fact that the team wasn't very good no longer mattered. This was one of those moments where all of a sudden, nothing is wrong in the world.

Thank you Danny.

Red Baron
09-09-2009, 11:11 AM
An example for every TFC player to aspire to.

All the best and thanks.

Bobo
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks Danny! Remembered forever.

C.Ronaldo
09-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks Danny

You made it all worth it.

Hitcho
09-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Danny Dichio - man, player, legend.

His first and last goals in season one will always be massive highlights in my football watching career, so glad I was there for both of them. The sheer emotion and joy they both created was just overwhelming. May 12, 2007 was the day that football really arrived in Toronto, it put us on the map as a club. Danny will always be a huge part of that.

Not just the goals though, the man would bleed on the shirt to keep it red. His professionalism, attitude, tenacity and leadership are an example to anyone, not to mention his dedicated commitment to the fans - not once have you or will you ever hear a story about Danny not stopping to sign an autogrpah or say Hi to a fan.

Thanks Danny, I wish we had got to see you play in the final home game of the season but it wasn't to be. I am ecstatic that we get to see you join the TFC coaching staff now instead though. And the Dichio song will always be ringing out at 23:13 at BMO Field.

Forever TFC!!!

Roogsy
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
There are far too few sports athletes like Danny.

Far too few.

And when one of them retires, like Danny has today, now there are even less.

Miss Jones
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
I can't believe we won't see him with a TFC jersey playing again.
So sad but I wish him all the very best.
We will miss him so.

Jay P
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
even if the club does not retire # 9 officially, no other player should wear that # for TFC unless its Danny's Kid.

Thanks Danny.

TFC Cityboy
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Danny- you are a class act and an inspiration to my 2 footy-loving kids. You took the time to chat with them while signing autographs for them last season and were genuinely interested in which club they were playing for. You made a real impression on them that day.

As for me, I will never forget the joy of May 12th 2007 - my pint spilled in the mayhem and the seat-cushion shower that followed was epic. One of my top 5 footy moments of the last 35 years for me personally.

All the best in your coaching career at TFC and as Technical Director at Thornhill, and I look forward to the day that Dichio JR pulls on the TFC shirt. Cheers, Danny and thanks for being a massive part of TFC folklore!
LEGEND

tfcleeds
09-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Danny Dichio - always a legend in our hearts.

Thanks for everything Danny, and we all look forward to hopefully further contributions to this club in a new capacity.

Dichio 23:13 forever...

Don Julio
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks Danny. The first and last goals you scored in 2007 are the closest I've ever come to crying at a sporting event. I will sing your name for years to come.

Detroit_TFC
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Nothing I can write can do justice to what Danny's done for TFC, so I'll just say thanks.

Chevy
09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
For me, there are two moments of the club I'll never forget and they were both provided by Danny.

1. Danny's first goal for the club and the deluge of seat cushions. I feel so fortunate to have one of the few framed and signed photographs of that moment.

2. Danny's last last gasp winner at the end of 2007, which made the whole season just so worth it. The timing of it (as the last game of the season and because it was literally the last kick of the season), the meaning of it snatching something from a game we were losing 2-0, the happiness that exploded from the stands at that time, the record-long scoreless drought erased and the fact that the team wasn't very good no longer mattered. This was one of those moments where all of a sudden, nothing is wrong in the world.

Thank you Danny.

That goal was probably the most joyous time I have ever experienced at a sporting event. Everyone's troubles were swept away, and I agree - all was right in the world. Sappy I know, but true.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks DD for that first ever goal...TFC's finest Moment!!

trane
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
^ Mighty, you thought he was shite.

When did you start supportin Brazil, when they beat Argentina this weekend?

Whoop
09-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Danny, thanks for showing Toronto what a classy athlete should be like and for knowing what being a teammate is all about.

You put the team #1. And thanks for showing you cared.

Best of luck with your coaching career. I'm sure you'll impart your charges with the same attributes.

Menelaos
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
23:13 enough said.

Alarius
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Legend .. nuff said..

Redcoe15
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
:flare:DI-CHI-O!!!:flare:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

London
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Thank you danny for everything you have brought to TFC and Toronto.
You will forever hold a place in our hearts and we will never forget the great moments you brought to BMO!!:scarf:

Good luck on your new career!!!:scarf:

Darlofletch
09-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for everything Danny, hopefully at some point you'll be a TFC coaching legend as well as playing legend. So many good memories, all the goals and sheer effort on the pitch obviously, but also the personality, the corner flag hoisting/kicking, refusing to sing your own song in your off the pitch interview etc etc.

cheers

AL-MO
09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
You have no hair, but WE don't care....you're Danny Dichio.....

Thanks for everything. You always seemed to bag a goal when we needed one!

TFC Tifoso
09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
THANK YOU DANNY DICHIO!!

A model professional, and a legend in the hearts and minds of the supporters! We will never forget your accomplishments to the team, and look forward to having you lead TFC to glory in another capacity.

Bless you and your family, and all the best always!

23:13 FOREVER!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/carm2108/DD.jpg

Belfast_Boy
09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks Big Man!!!!
a great example on and off the field.

maninb
09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Danny D...class to the very end....you'll be missed....

TFC_Junky
09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
You'll aways be a legend in the hearts of the TFC Faithful!!! Many thanks for your dedication and best of luck with the TFC Academy.

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

lintberg
09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Danny, you are always pure class....you will be missed very much....Thank you!

Hustle
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks Danny...Pure class individual. Amazing team player...

Here's looking forward to your next chapter as a Red being long and successful.

Parkdale
09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
thanks a bunch Danny.

I have a t-shirt set aside for you a the tailgate. Come by and grab it.

Niall
09-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm gonna miss looking down the sidelines for the shinny head of Danny D warming up. Always waiting for him to come on and change the game or at least weaken the defence. I just wish you could of stayed healthy a little bit longer for us or I got to see you as a younger man.

The memories of 23:13 will live on forever. Along with the New England clencher and many more goals scored along the way. The goal when the Dichio Eat It Banner went up this year was some of the most fun I have had in 112 and I thank you for that.

Look forward to seeing you at the Academy games over the next little while.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Danny Dichio...................

Snowy
09-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I'll never forget that moment at 23:13. It was the first game I brought my 11 year old daughter to, and my celebration was all the more memorable because it was accompanied by the beaming smile on her face as she danced and screamed with 20,000 friends.

When I told her last night that the Legend was retiring today, she cried, but this morning she pulled on her #9 TFC jersey and wore it to school, in honour of our favourite player. She told me she will always own a Dichio jersey and wear it proudly, just like Danny has.

We'll miss you on the field Danny, but I have a feeling that great things will be said about your days in the TFC front office.

Lucky Strike
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
^ Mighty, you thought he was shite.

When did you start supportin Brazil, when they beat Argentina this weekend?

As much as I 100% disagree with him on all issues, this isn't really the appropriate place to call him out.

No more of that, please.

jabbronies
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I currently don't have a name on my jersey, but I will for sure be getting dichio on it.

I'm also thinking about getting the new jersey, which I'll also be putting Dichio on it.

That's a name that will always be remembered IMO. Kinda like how Gilmour was for the Leafs.

TOBOR !
09-09-2009, 12:25 PM
shouting myself hoarse after that first goal :

"YOU BIG, BALD, BEAUTIFUL BASTARD !!"

IIRC you were a bit much to handle for Chicago and they accused you of trying to bite them, before you were ultimately sent off in order to level the playing field.

We had our first goal, first win, first hero. What a day that was.

UltraFootyKWC
09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Danny for being such a class act on and off the pitch, and showing all pro athletes how a real professional is supposed to act.

For your all of your accomplishments here as well as your desire each time you stepped out on the pitch, you will always be a legend in the hearts of the TFC faithful!

Bender
09-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks Danny for all you've done for Toronto!! Excited to hear he will remain with the organization in a coaching role.

Flipityflu
09-09-2009, 12:30 PM
cheers Danny. Best of luck to you and your family.

can i have your boots?

Gobi
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
A leader, a luminary, a legend.

I don't have the words. I just want to cry.
Danny exemplified everything I love about TFC and this sport.
I look forward to witnessing his accomplishments off the pitch.

23:13 - 09/09/09

Derko
09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Cheers to Danny Dichio, was and always will be an ispiration too all on and off of the field.

Dichio at 24 every game!!!

BuSaPuNk
09-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Cheers Danny! Thanks for so many memories that will live on forever with every fan of TFC. You are an inspiration to the young soccer players around the country. I'm so gutted today....but knowing that you will still be around to help the team grow I know this team is in great hands.

Move over Gilmour and Clark you have company. Dichio=LEGEND!

FluSH
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Many will remember you for the first goal of Toronto FC... however it's the first ejection, all the goals in between, PLUS the last goal of the season when all was lost that capped off a magical affair.

This will forever be the House that Danny built...

Jbraun
A class act in every way ...best of luck in everything you do Danny

I have space in my car for you in the roadtrip to Columbus in 2010

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
Thanks for the memories....You'll never be forgotten!!

In the sun..In the Rain.. We will always call your name!

Roogsy
09-09-2009, 01:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing!

tfcmanu
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Danny Boy forever we will remember :scarf:

Shakes McQueen
09-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Many will remember you for the first goal of Toronto FC... however it's the first ejection, all the goals in between, PLUS the last goal of the season when all was lost that capped off a magical affair.

Yes! And if this team has any sense, the south stand will be named after him sooner than later.

Thank you Danny. The thing I will remember most, is the way you conducted yourself off the field. Pure class, right to the end.

- Scott

pppperkins
09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
TFC AND QPR OUR TEAMS OUR HERO DANNY DICHIO 09 09 09 09
Liam and Raymond

pekduck
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Thank you Danny.

Forever respect to the Legend who personifies the word Legend.

woolly
09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I became a Danny fan before his first goal.. It was the first game against Kansas city and he put the body slam on Kevin Hatmann going for a header.

Poor Hatmann was indignant but he looked like he'd just had a run in with a freight train!

CoachGT
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
:flare: OUR RESPECT :flare:

DANNY DICHIO
HEART AND SOUL OF TFC

KShep121
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
TheStar.com reposted their article from 2007 that profiled Danny. I remember reading it and thinking it was greatest article of all time. http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/249777 (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/249777)

A shame the way it ended. First of many legends for TFC, one can hope.

jloome
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
His attitude encapsulated the strong heart of footie fandom that beats behind TFC. A legend.

London
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
We sing this song for another player but to me ,

"We all dream of a team of Danny D's "

Roogsy
09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
TheStar.com reposted their article from 2007 that profiled Danny. I remember reading it and thinking it was greatest article of all time. http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/249777 (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/249777)

Man, I remember this article. It gave me goosebumps then, it gives me goosebumps now.

Today is a sad day but it's also a day when I can happily look back at realize I had found a sports hero I can look up to.

Oldtimer
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM

By Cathall Kelly, yet! :jaw:

Inklink
09-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks a lot Danny! We'll miss you! <3:scarf:

stretchthetruth
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Cheers Danny, for scoring the goal I'll tell my grandkids about... And the legendary goal celebrations. Awesome.

CoachGT
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
We had a great thread running on the old board, one about how tough Danny is. Too bad that we can't bring that one back.

London
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Thank you Danny for secretly signing the billboard pic the club sent me, I smiled for days

Lucky Strike
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Dichio debuted April 28 against the Kansas City Wizards, FC's [sic] first home game. Twenty minutes in, the ball flew past him at midfield. He gave chase and touched it on. But before he could latch on to it again, an opponent drifted into his sights. Dichio gave up his pursuit of the ball, chased his target upfield and clotheslined him. Shades of dad. While his man crumpled to the ground, Dichio veered back toward the ball.
It was a brash and roughhousing display. Nasty, even. The stands erupted. The fans had found their man.

That's precisely when he became my favourite player; and the same is probably true for a lot of others...

Stugatzo
09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Just as an FYI...
The Mayor called Danny today and thanked him on behalf of all Torontonians for being a great ambassador for the City and for his contributions on and off the pitch for TFC and looks forward to him being a part of Toronto for a long time to come.

Workie
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks DD!

ALL FOR ONE!

DOMIN8R
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Just as an FYI...
The Mayor called Danny today and thanked him on behalf of all Torontonians for being a great ambassador for the City and for his contributions on and off the pitch for TFC and looks forward to him being a part of Toronto for a long time to come.

Class.

FluSH
09-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Just as an FYI...

Very nice an classy...

TFC Tifoso
09-09-2009, 03:04 PM
We had a great thread running on the old board, one about how tough Danny is. Too bad that we can't bring that one back.

Thank god I saved all those one liners on my computer...............

Some kids piss their name in the snow. Danny Dichio can piss his name into concrete.
Danny Dichio's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
Danny Dichio once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
Danny Dichio counted to infinity - twice.
Once, while having sex in a tractor-trailer, part of Danny Dichio's sperm escaped and got into the engine. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime.
Danny Dichio can speak braille.
If you spell Danny Dichio wrong on Google it doesn't say, "Did you mean Danny Dichio?" It simply replies, "Run while you still have the chance."
Danny Dichio owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.
Danny Dichio can do a wheelie on a unicycle.
Danny Dichio once won a game of Connect Four in 3 moves.
Danny Dichio died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him.
Once a cobra bit Danny Dichio's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio can delete the Recycling Bin.
Danny Dichio can slam revolving doors.
Superman owns a pair of Danny Dichio pajamas.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Danny Dichio says its beef, then it's fucking beef.
Danny Dichio can play the violin with a piano.
Danny Dichio doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
Danny Dichio sleeps with a night light. Not because Danny Dichio is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio secretly sleeps with every woman in the world once a month. They bleed for a week as a result.
When Danny Dichio gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live.
If you play Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" backwards, you will hear Danny Dichio banging your sister.
Danny Dichio sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled soccer ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Danny bicycle kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
Danny Dichio's dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Danny Dichio will not take shit from anyone.
Danny Dichio doesn't have hair on his testicles, because hair does not grow on steel.
Danny Dichio can kill two stones with one bird.
Danny Dichio was once on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune and was the first to spin. The next 29 minutes of the show consisted of everyone standing around awkwardly, waiting for the wheel to stop.
Danny Dichio is always on top during sex because Danny Dichio never fucks up.
Danny Dichio doesn't pop his collar, his shirts just get erections when they touch his body.
Danny Dichio is the only person on the planet that can kick you in the back of the face.
Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Danny Dichio's PC will crash.
Danny Dichio has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.
Danny Dichio can build a snowman out of rain.
Danny Dichio plays russian roulette with a fully loded revolver... and wins.
Danny Dichio can strangle you with a cordless phone.
Danny Dichio is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio can drown a fish.
M.C. Hammer learned the hard way that Danny Dichio can touch this.
Danny Dichio is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Jeep.
Danny Dichio once kicked a man in the soul.
It is considered a great accomplishment to go down Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel. Danny Dichio can go up Niagara Falls in a cardboard box.
When Danny Dichio looks in a mirror the mirror shatters, because not even glass is stupid enough to get in between Danny Dichio and Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio once had a heart attack; his heart lost.
Rosa Parks refused to get out of her seat because she was saving it for Danny Dichio.
A rogue squirrel once challenged Danny Dichio to a nut hunt around the park. Before beginning, Danny simply dropped his pants, instantly killing the squirrel and 3 small children. Danny knows you can't find bigger, better nuts than that.
Danny Dichio doesn't need a miracle in order to split the ocean. He just walks in and the water gets the fuck out of the way.
Danny Dichio once bowled a 300. Without a ball. He wasn't even in a bowling alley.
Brett Favre can throw a football over 50 yards. Danny Dichio can throw Brett Favre even further.
A Handicap parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Danny Dichio and that you will be handicapped if you park there.
Danny Dichio doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now."
When God said, "Let there be light", Danny Dichio said, "say please."
The only time Danny Dichio was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake.
The last digit of pi is Danny Dichio. He is the end of all things.
Danny Dichio can tie his shoes with his feet.
Danny Dichio once had an erection while lying face down and struck oil.
Most men are okay with their wives fantasizing about Danny Dichio during sex, because they are doing the same thing.
The saddest moment for a child is not when he learns Santa Claus isn't real, it's when he learns Danny Dichio is.
Danny Dichio used to beat the shit out of his shadow because it was following to close. It now stands a safe 30 feet behind him.
Danny Dichio is the only person that can kick a cyclops between the eye.
Danny Dichio cannot predict the future; the future just better fucking do what Danny Dichio says.
Bullets dodge Danny Dichio.
The most honorable way of dying is taking a bullet for Danny Dichio. This amuses Danny Dichio because he is bulletproof.
The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Danny Dichio has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

23:13 FOREVER! :flare::scarf:

Parkdale
09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
^ wait..... how does Chuck Norris feel about that?

Nodoubtguy
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
^ wait..... how does Chuck Norris feel about that?

He feels however DD tells him to feel!!!!

Workie
09-09-2009, 03:14 PM
HA! I'd forgotten most of those.

ALL HAILL DANNY D!

KShep121
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Very nice an classy...

almost makes me forget how much I dislike Miller (even though I voted for him last two elections :facepalm:)

Pachuco
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
By best memory of Danny was the goal against New England when we wrapped up the season. That was a ridicolously unexpected goal, and it came from nothing. I unfortunately was getting a beer when Dichio scored the first goal ever at BMO. I can't believe I've grown to like a guy who at first I thought was pretty useless ;)

Section 117
09-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Pure class ....

You are the legend and will always be...

23:13 forever

MFG1
09-09-2009, 04:21 PM
All class, Danny, all class.

tfc_manu
09-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks Dichio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boschmeister
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Danny is a legend. So many good memories - of course the first goal and that one against NE to cap the season.

I met Danny with a few other players at a bar down in Columbus this year after the match and the guy was pure class. I was pretty tipsy from a long day of saucing and he was being a perfect gentlemen and thanked us for making the trip down and even made sure my cousin got home safe in a cab.

Danny, thank you for bringing your passion and class to our club and our city.

ArmenJBX
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Danny Dichio, what can I say, besides:

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!

Best of luck to you, your family, and may God bless you in your coaching and future pursuits.

Take a vacation, relax, and enjoy, YOU'VE EARNED IT.

-JimmyBaldX

deeznutz
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
it's a sad day...

billyfly
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Even in England his retirement makes news!

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5546524,00.html

T.O TILL I DIE
09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Ohhhh Danny Dichio
Dichio,dichio
Danny Dichioo
Thank You Dichiooo:)

TFC Bhoy
09-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Got dichio on my jersey right away and never looked back on it. He is pure class and a pure legend for us. I will never forget when I brought my gf this year for the first time and after he scored he came over to the corner by 117-ish where my seats are and he just stood and saluted the fans. Even she loved that and him right away and not even knowing much about him. Just showed his appreciation for the fans and just pure class. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DANNY DICHIO!!!

Oor Wullie
09-09-2009, 04:49 PM
You will always be a legend to us. Thanks for everything Danny,best wishes in the future. I know you will handle it like you have always done with pure class...cheers.

TFC07
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Thank you for all goals you scored for TFC. Best of luck on your coaching career. Cheers!

:scarf:

RedWookie
09-09-2009, 04:58 PM
The 24th minute will always be remembered in our hearts. May the legend live on for years to come

Suds
09-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Best memory for me was the final goal of year one.

Danny Dichio is role model of how to be a true professional. Pure class all the way.

Thank You, Danny.

CretanBull
09-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I couldn't possibly even begin to express how I feel....thank you for everything.

ensco
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I know this is mostly about Dichio the man, and Dichio the icon, but I can add nothing to what has been said.

Let us also acknowledge Dichio the player. He went out on top.

Strike Rate of TFC Strikers in 2009
DeRo 0.42 GPG
Dichio 0.35 GPG
Gerba 0.33 GPG
Barrett 0.22 GPG
Vitti 0.11 GPG

Remember this poll?
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10170&highlight=lead+tfc+scoring

Everyone loved Danny but most thought he was done. But Danny was a leading contributor right to the end. Not many athletes can say that.

alex andrew
09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
thank you danny !

you're a cat ! made my top ten ever 'making the difference in a game' football player !

bertal
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks Danny for all the memories, the goals and so forth. you made a significant impact on the team, and of course the fans!

THANK YOU!

(coaching career?)

Dbl_D
09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I have to say my most memorable goal was when the Dichio chant was in full swing a penalty kick was taken and Danny scored...

ensco
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
^that was a Robinson free kick, I think

jimiv
09-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks Danny!

London
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
i dont think this has been posted yet, look for it on a few RPB's around the stadium,

the best scarf we have made so far for the best player we have had!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/irongimp/010.jpg

canadian_bhoy
09-09-2009, 06:03 PM
just as an fyi - this thread (and it's thanks) may (I'm hoping to do so) be printed out and bound into a book to be given to danny as a keep sake. So please post all your thank yous to danny. He'll see them.

CoachGT
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Thank god I saved all those one liners on my computer...............

Some kids piss their name in the snow. Danny Dichio can piss his name into concrete.
Danny Dichio's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
Danny Dichio once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
Danny Dichio counted to infinity - twice.
Once, while having sex in a tractor-trailer, part of Danny Dichio's sperm escaped and got into the engine. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime.
Danny Dichio can speak braille.
If you spell Danny Dichio wrong on Google it doesn't say, "Did you mean Danny Dichio?" It simply replies, "Run while you still have the chance."
Danny Dichio owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.
Danny Dichio can do a wheelie on a unicycle.
Danny Dichio once won a game of Connect Four in 3 moves.
Danny Dichio died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him.
Once a cobra bit Danny Dichio's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio can delete the Recycling Bin.
Danny Dichio can slam revolving doors.
Superman owns a pair of Danny Dichio pajamas.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Danny Dichio says its beef, then it's fucking beef.
Danny Dichio can play the violin with a piano.
Danny Dichio doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
Danny Dichio sleeps with a night light. Not because Danny Dichio is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio secretly sleeps with every woman in the world once a month. They bleed for a week as a result.
When Danny Dichio gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live.
If you play Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" backwards, you will hear Danny Dichio banging your sister.
Danny Dichio sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled soccer ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Danny bicycle kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
Danny Dichio's dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Danny Dichio will not take shit from anyone.
Danny Dichio doesn't have hair on his testicles, because hair does not grow on steel.
Danny Dichio can kill two stones with one bird.
Danny Dichio was once on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune and was the first to spin. The next 29 minutes of the show consisted of everyone standing around awkwardly, waiting for the wheel to stop.
Danny Dichio is always on top during sex because Danny Dichio never fucks up.
Danny Dichio doesn't pop his collar, his shirts just get erections when they touch his body.
Danny Dichio is the only person on the planet that can kick you in the back of the face.
Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Danny Dichio's PC will crash.
Danny Dichio has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.
Danny Dichio can build a snowman out of rain.
Danny Dichio plays russian roulette with a fully loded revolver... and wins.
Danny Dichio can strangle you with a cordless phone.
Danny Dichio is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio can drown a fish.
M.C. Hammer learned the hard way that Danny Dichio can touch this.
Danny Dichio is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Jeep.
Danny Dichio once kicked a man in the soul.
It is considered a great accomplishment to go down Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel. Danny Dichio can go up Niagara Falls in a cardboard box.
When Danny Dichio looks in a mirror the mirror shatters, because not even glass is stupid enough to get in between Danny Dichio and Danny Dichio.
Danny Dichio once had a heart attack; his heart lost.
Rosa Parks refused to get out of her seat because she was saving it for Danny Dichio.
A rogue squirrel once challenged Danny Dichio to a nut hunt around the park. Before beginning, Danny simply dropped his pants, instantly killing the squirrel and 3 small children. Danny knows you can't find bigger, better nuts than that.
Danny Dichio doesn't need a miracle in order to split the ocean. He just walks in and the water gets the fuck out of the way.
Danny Dichio once bowled a 300. Without a ball. He wasn't even in a bowling alley.
Brett Favre can throw a football over 50 yards. Danny Dichio can throw Brett Favre even further.
A Handicap parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Danny Dichio and that you will be handicapped if you park there.
Danny Dichio doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now."
When God said, "Let there be light", Danny Dichio said, "say please."
The only time Danny Dichio was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake.
The last digit of pi is Danny Dichio. He is the end of all things.
Danny Dichio can tie his shoes with his feet.
Danny Dichio once had an erection while lying face down and struck oil.
Most men are okay with their wives fantasizing about Danny Dichio during sex, because they are doing the same thing.
The saddest moment for a child is not when he learns Santa Claus isn't real, it's when he learns Danny Dichio is.
Danny Dichio used to beat the shit out of his shadow because it was following to close. It now stands a safe 30 feet behind him.
Danny Dichio is the only person that can kick a cyclops between the eye.
Danny Dichio cannot predict the future; the future just better fucking do what Danny Dichio says.
Bullets dodge Danny Dichio.
The most honorable way of dying is taking a bullet for Danny Dichio. This amuses Danny Dichio because he is bulletproof.
The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Danny Dichio has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

23:13 FOREVER! :flare::scarf:

Thanks for posting this - I was hoping someone had kept it!

tfc2008
09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
The Londoner will continue in football, with Toronto FC director of soccer Mo Johnston appointing him an academy coach and team ambassador, working in the community for the club.

Hopfully Mo Johnston OUT with his playoff shit and Danny tack it over

AL-MO
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
The Londoner will continue in football, with Toronto FC director of soccer Mo Johnston appointing him an academy coach and team ambassador, working in the community for the club.

Hopfully Mo Johnston OUT with his playoff shit and Danny tack it over

So are you going to thank DD? Or are you just going to bitch? :rolleyes:

tfc2008
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
DD is my man

jasper
09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank You Danny for your being such a class act.

craigtfc
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
cheers mate you will always be a monster!!!!!!

TFCtoMUFC
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Danny Dichio, Im not gunna lie I thought he was a waste of time at first. Then I saw my first game at BMO and I actually saw first hand everything he does so that others on our team score, I think the best example of this was in the Madrid game, the only reason that goal happened is because he set a block. In short Thank you Mr.Dichio for being a great player and a stand-up guy.

Mikey
09-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks Danny for being there to offset the floppy haired ponces in MLS who dive and roll around, and for keeping footie real.

Broadview
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
There was a time when I hated soccer. Bunch of pussies if you were to ask me.

I started warming up to it in 2007.

Caught my very first live game at the end of that October, been addicted ever since.

In my mind, Danny Dichio fixed me.

Klinsmann
09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Thank you Danny for all the good times!
I still remember that first goal. It was electric... I think my buddy Mauricio was one of the 1st people to launch that seat cushion onto the field.
It was just raining seat cushions after that.........

kaos197O
09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Congrats Danny on a remarkable career here for TFC and thanks so much for all that you've given to us. I wish you all the best in your new role and hope that you can inject some of that fiery spirit and that devouted passion for the game, club and fans, that you firmly possess, into the current and future generation of players that we will see under your wing!

Thanks Again Danny! There truly are no words.........

TFC FORZA RPB
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Thank You!!!

Hustle
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I will NEVER forget you dancing around with the cup on your head in Montreal! Here's to you helping us make this team the best in the league for years to come!

http://www.dichio24.com/images/gallery/photos/picture15.jpg

DaBandit
09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Danny for all the wonderful memories. You will be sorely missed on the pitch, but you will never be forgotten..

All the best in your new position..

CenturySam
09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks Danny,

DICHIO 4 MAYOR

AL-MO
09-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Anyone who wants to lend a hand on a banner we are making for Saturday come out tomorrow night. 7:30 PM.

Address:
St. Timothy by the Humber Church
2840 Weston Road.
(north of the 401, just north of Albion Rd. on the west side of Weston Rd.)

canadian_bhoy
09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2qa68ic.jpg

Hustle
09-09-2009, 08:29 PM
^Nice. Very Nice.

Cuchulain
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Danny, since the beginning you have been the favourite player of myself and my two sons. You've made soccer supporters out of hockey fans. You did what many people thought couldn't be done in Toronto. We have come to love you and are hopeful you will be part of Toronto FC for life. You will be in our hearts forever. We will sing your name always.

andyc
09-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I have been very fortunate to see two sides of Danny...

Firstly the strength, the goals, the passion, and desire that he brought to the field. Danny has the knack to create something out of nothing - Whether it be the last goal of 2007, the outstretched leg against LA in 2008 or his pass to put Dero in the clear this year. Classic moments that I can replay in my mind and have a smile pop up on my face!

Over the last 3 years, there were so many tough times, those moments of glory produced by Danny have played a big part in cementing my commitment to TFC.

Secondly I've been able to watch him coach my son and other kids through two years of his soccer school and now as technical director for Thornhill Soccer Club. His approach with kids of all ages, sizes and abilities is a joy to watch. For a man of his size, he never intimidates the kids and motivates them to develop in a safe and fun way.

Danny always takes time to remember the kids names and the smile on my sons face was legendary when Danny greeted him by name after a 10 month gap between his soccer school sessions. :D

A professional player with this much respect and dedication to the kids shows his massive integrity and class.

Also I'll always remember the real behind the scenes videos that he posted for a few weeks... I still love the passion and humour after beating the Red Bulls when he came out with the classic line:

"We stuck it up those Red Bull Ponces!"

Thanks Danny and heres to many more years of your influence in TO!

Roogsy
09-09-2009, 10:00 PM
^ What a great post.

Thanks Andy.

TFC115
09-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Thats a great song for a special player.... You don't come along a danny dichio ever so often.

To bad the band that sings live forever (oasis my favorite band) broke up :(

RPLProducer
09-10-2009, 01:22 AM
All heart and a true class act... What every TFC player should aspire to be. Thanks Danny, you will never be forgotten!

Super
09-10-2009, 01:41 AM
It's sad to see Danny go, but I'm happy that he is going to stay with the club - that was a great relief for me. Also, I'm happy he was able to end on a high note and with pretty much nothing but great memories from his time as a player for this club (and same goes for all supporters as well). He'll go down in history as one of the greatest players and personalities to play for this club, and I hope he's very proud of that.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Cant thank him enough, glad to hopefully see him with us for a long time
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING DANNY

James17930
09-10-2009, 02:02 AM
As he mentioned, the club's first year, when he achieved so many great things will, I'm sure, be etched in our memories forever.

The best thing about this is that he's going to now be coaching, and he'll have a probably bigger part to play with the club than before.

So thank you for all your contributions so far Danny, and thanks in advance for all those still to come.

Red CB Toronto
09-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Danny will forever be a legend when it comes to TFC. All the way back to when he scored that unforgetable goal on May 12, 2009 to now when he has worn the jersey for the last time, he we always be a True Red, Having been able to watch him play here in Toronto for the last three years I will never forget what he brought to the pitch, him going all out in the name of a victory.

Cashcleaner
09-10-2009, 02:18 AM
http://multimedia.thestar.com/images/59/b8/a4417efb4f518c9e6b2a363b6bc9.jpeg

For the memories, I thank you.

Oldtimer
09-10-2009, 07:19 AM
For all the respect I have for the big man, Danny got it wrong why we love him so much.

It's isn't really about the first MLS goal (although that was a special moment).

Among other well-supported MLS teams, Seattle fans don't celebrate their first MLS goal. Neither do DC.

Among other Toronto teams, people don't remember who first scored. For example, how many Raptors fans know that Alvin Robertson scored the first ever points for the club (a 3-pointer)?

If Edson Buddle had scored that first goal (as he attempted to do), we wouldn't be singing his name today.

No, we love Danny for his character.

Not only did he get the first goal, but he got the first red card for the club by refusing to be pushed around. Torontonians always love gritty players (Tie Domi in hockey comes to mind).

Danny always gave it 100% for the club, he never gave up. He always put the team ahead of himself. When he was injured in 2007 he offered to get an injection to be able to continue to play and help the team (an offer that Mo wisely rejected). In that terrible season, Danny was easily the best player, and I'm convinced we would not have had that scoreless drought, had he been able to continue to play. When he came on midway through that last game, we thought he might score a goal, and he did! That helped make an awful first season seem bareable, and led to the first ever pitch invasion at BMO Field! Even now, in stepping down, he is giving up his personal desires so that the team can sign JDG and get into the playoffs.

Danny loves Toronto, and stays here year round.

Although not currently our best player, he has one of the best football senses. Knowing his limitations, he made the best of his hight and skilled ball playing to put us ahead. He's inspired the rest of the team to play their best.

Intense on the field, he is always kind off the field. I remember taking my two sons to get their seat cushions autographed, how he focused on them, asked them about their own soccer-playing, and was generally so nice.

He's always given back to the community, going to charity events and helping out where he could.

No, it's not about the first goal. It's about Danny. A class act all the way.

CoachGT
09-10-2009, 08:51 AM
You got it absolutely right Oldtimer!

It is why I've said he is the heart and soul of this team.

He represents what many supporters want - a person who can lead, who makes the team better with his presence, a person who shows his emotions and is willing to do whatever it takes to improve the club.

He has become a respected part of the community and has helped grow the game with the youth of the city, through his camps and appearances, and his support of charities.

He plays the game with the passion that we dream about having ourselves.

He always makes time for the fans and he believes in us as much as we believe in him.

There aren't words that can thank him enough!

OHARARULES
09-10-2009, 08:53 AM
number nine retires on 09/09/09

Danny thanks!!!

mrs.andyc
09-10-2009, 09:08 AM
I have to agree - we love Danny for so many reasons, not just that first goal.

Having met him when our son was at his indoor soccer school for the past two years and through his involvement with Thornhill, I first noticed how tall he was! Then you notice his genuine love of kids and the game of soccer, then finally it all comes together with his ability to get the most out of the kids, develop their love of the game and their soccer skills. He does this with an approach that is impossible to describe - it is an innate ability to motivate, encourage, teach and have fun at the same time.

Then I was privileged to be able to get Danny involved with the Kick, Cut, Care fundraiser for Childhood Cancer - it all started with an email from a cheeky Brit (me) and developed into something so great that the organizer of the event couldn't believe it! Danny's involvement in this event really showed his compassion - he threw himself into it and my son, Evan was so happy when Danny turned up to the event and said "I like Ev's new haircut". We had a very proud 10 year old boy that day, who had shaved his hair off to raise money for the foundation and to top it all Danny remembered his name!

So even though I haven't been to that many games, but Andy, Adam and Ev have! I have been fortunate to be able to see the other side of Danny off the field, and believe me it is something that I wouldn't trade for anything.

He is a great asset to TFC, both on and off the field. He is also an asset to our community and our kids, he's a role model for all those soccer kids out there, and I am glad he's staying in Toronto with his family and has made this city his home :-)

Gina

trail
09-10-2009, 10:01 AM
True class act and a great man!!

English Rachel
09-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Danny, thank you.

Football didn't arrive in Canada until you did. You have been a gentleman and an ambassador for our team and the game as a whole here in Canada. Your cheeky smile and massive heart represent your passion for our team and I will sadly miss watching you play for us.

We have met on a couple of occasions, a blondie from Stoke :) and I have hugged your beautiful boys - I hope one day we see them play for us.

Thank you again. You singlehandedly reignited football passion in me after years of losses and hooliganism in the UK left me bitter and jaded.

Danny, I love you <3

Rachel xx

lips
09-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks Danny,
I'll never forget that first goal, there's a print of it hanging in my bar.:drum:
My son is still talking (bragging) about having met you, the day he escorted the players onto the field. Which I'm sure you had a part in making that happen for the RPB.
Thanks Danny!! TFC legend:scarf:

billyfly
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/90/62/f3f91d4044908d4a7381369320a8.jpeg

Changed my avatar to masterminding Danny from DJ Danny D.

Hitcho
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
You know what, this thread is now five pages of some pretty big statements as to Danny's character, professionalism, personality, footballing skill and ability, the amount he gives back to the club, its fans and the community around it and the magnittude of what he has achieved for this club as a player and for the fans.

And you know what else? I haven't read one thing which I thought was an overstatement of any kind in any way.

Danny, you are quite literally a hero to TFC fans on a lot of different levels and to fans of all ages and backgrounds. I haven't felt as choked up about a football related matter as I did watching your retirement announcement since England went out of Italia '90 and Pavarotti was layered over images of Gazza crying on the BBC.

To a lot of us, you really are the embodiment of TFC. Legend. Hero. Idol. Please, please, please stay at the club in your new role for a very, very long time.

Thanks for everything Danny. And here's to a whole lot more!

CoachGT
09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Here is the picture of Little Red holding up her "Dichio for Prime Minister" sign that she held up in the second game in Columbus in 2007. Mo pointed it out to him, and he ran over and signed it for her. He was pretty amused by the whole thing!

http://photos-b-0.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs279.snc1/10627_148385018063_710058063_3523849_7396971_n.jpg

morgank1986
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
On May 12th 2007, A friend of mine who knew nothing about soccer accompanied me to the game at BMO versus Chicago. I spend the first ten minutes or so explaining the rules to her and teaching her the names of the players. I can only imagine what it was like to watch you score the first ever goal at her first ever soccer game. The excitement and awe on her face that day could only be rivaled by the sheer jubilation on my own face. It was a moment of absolute unity at BMO, a single event linking 20,000 strangers together.

The last game of the first season, as the time got closer and closer to 90 minutes I remember someone near me saying, "What if Dichio scored the first and last goal of the season?" And then it happened, on a sublime volley.

Thanks for that Danny.

Skinner
09-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

Jack
09-11-2009, 08:51 AM
No matter what happens in the future, TFC's first true hero and first legend will always be Danny Dichio.

Both on and off the field he has been an example of class, pride and dignity when representing our team and our city.

Canadian Blue
09-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm assuming I'm late to hear about this eh? lol

Well shit,..

If it makes you feel better, I just heard about it now...............

SPARTACUS
09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
You are a god to us here, don't foget "you will never walk alone..."
You are the King of the TFC throne this is now your home!
Thank you, god bless you and your family for coming to Canada.

neuf
09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Thank you, Danny. Toronto love you. I hope you are a part of the organization for a long time.

romburgundy
09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Where do I begin to explain what Danny D means to me... you know the more I think about it the more i realize that it wasn't the first goal in TFC history that did it, nor was it the last goal of 2007 that captured our hearts,No. It wasn't the red card against Chicago that day when you played with so much passion as if you were a rookie that grew up watching this club and finally got his chance to wear the kit. No sir that wasn't it. Wasn't having to overcome the challenges of your injuries and fighting on for the team, coming back early so they don't have to be without you. It wasn't that you defended "the young boys" of 2007 that were crucified in the media during the run of injuries that our veterans had nor was it the autographs that you signed for the kids on the street when the team was cashing in on your signatures at center sports. Perhaps it might have been the fact that you endured the nonsense of the MLS refs making a call against you anytime you won a challenge in the air?...Nope thats not it either.

Or is it?

To be quite honest I just don't remember where it began. After all it's as if you've always been around, its like you're family for 90 minutes once a week (twice a week in May & June). Danny You may have already been a fan fav, a player that I will tell my children about, but all those things aside when you took out that son of a bitch Gaudette at the PortoRico game you affirmed to me that you are a fan's player. You knew exactly how we all felt out there, helpless in the stands and did what we would do if we got that chance.

I am honored to have seen you play and thankful that I was able to be there at BMO with my old man to watch you for the past 3 years. I only hope that some day I can be there with my two boys when coach Danny D's all red army brings home the MLS cup and I can stand there and tell my boys that I stood right here in this very seat with your Grandfather on May 12th 2007 when Danny scored this club's first Goal.
Now if I only had the seat cushion to prove it.

Thank you! ...the legend continues!

Roogsy
09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Here is the picture of Little Red holding up her "Dichio for Prime Minister" sign that she held up in the second game in Columbus in 2007. Mo pointed it out to him, and he ran over and signed it for her. He was pretty amused by the whole thing!

http://photos-b-0.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs279.snc1/10627_148385018063_710058063_3523849_7396971_n.jpg

OMG how much she's grown in two years! She was battling out on the pitch with grown men and holding her own!

Time flies.

Including our time with Danny. I can't believe he will never play for us again.

Terry
09-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Thank you Danny, we will never, ever forget you.

Technorgasm
09-12-2009, 05:34 AM
YNWA Danny!!

the Pride of Toronto FC

ricciboy
09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks number 9

TFC&SpursGuy
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Danny, for giving me and my wife two of the greatest sports memories we've ever had. We were there for the first goal in 2007, and the last, and nothing will ever compare.