PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Matteo

Fergy
06-08-2008, 11:11 AM
From news of the world website (uk newspaper)

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/06/matteos-stoke-d.html

DOMINIC'S NEW DEAL

DOMINIC MATTEO has been offered a pay-as-you-play deal by Premier League-bound Stoke.
The Potters skipper missed most of last term with injury but boss Tony Pulis is keen to have his experience on-board next term.
Matteo is also considering a bid by MLS outfit Toronto and could yet decide to play in the States.

He is getting on a bit, but at his best is a solid player - bit injury prone though

Bobo
06-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Do we need an old injury prone defender?

ExiledRed
06-08-2008, 11:38 AM
When Tranmere fans are unsure about picking him up, I think we should be too :)

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s383.htm?730,9357656

rocker
06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
do these foreign reports realize the foreign roster limits of the team?

i still think if TFC brings anyone in during the transfer period, it will be a great player. We've got enough of the midrange players, and devoting any more roster spots to middling players is a waste of the spots.

Northern Soul
06-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Why would we pick up another defender? Doesn't make a lot of sense. We should be looking at strikers.

Flipityflu
06-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Why would we pick up another defender? Doesn't make a lot of sense. We should be looking at strikers.

yes, we need these journalists to start more rumours about the positions we need.

Super
06-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Why on earth do we even look into adding players to what is considered one of the best (if not THE best) midfield in the league? STRIKER, DP STRIKER is what we need.

Sheesh!

Flipityflu
06-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Why on earth do we even look into adding players to what is considered one of the best (if not THE best) midfield in the league? STRIKER, DP STRIKER is what we need.

Sheesh!

he's a defender actually. same point applies :)

Iain
06-08-2008, 01:20 PM
do these foreign reports realize the foreign roster limits of the team?
The answer is... probably not. They wouldn't think to question rumours on this basis as the concept is so, excuse the pun, foreign to us.

Super
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
he's a defender actually. same point applies :)

Oopsies. Yes, you're right. My bad. I should've known that having seen him quite a few times for Liverpool way back. But yeah, like you said, same point applies. I think we're all VERY happy with the team as it is EXCEPT for the lack of a DP striker. We get one of those and we'll be perfect, at least on paper :D