PDA

View Full Version : The Stefan Frei Appreciation Thread

TFC USA
09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
He's our rookie sensation. He makes the big saves. Bails his team out time and time again when they're threatening to put the ball into their own net.

It may be exaggeration, but without Frei I have a feeling we would be in San Jose range as far as our record. Sutton is not as good as we think and Frei was a major upgrade for us.

Frei has saved our asses and we need to make a thread to appreciate his hard work and Rookie of the Year type of play.

I for one, appreciate and cherish the goalkeeping of Stefan Frei. <3:scarf::flare::drum:

thepersianguy
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
agreed. last nights game @ colorado was the perfect example

Cashcleaner
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
TFC USA, I completely agree with everything you've said here. There are a mulititude of games that without him, could may have gotten a draw from a win, or a loss from a draw.

The guy plays like a seasoned veteran and we'd be a much poorer team without him.

LucaGol
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Stefan Frei = more money to "invest" (pocket) in getting "grass" (something green of a different name)

:rolleyes:

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Said in a previous thread the Frei is our player of the year, rookie of the year, league rookie of the year? without him we would have been out of the playoff hunt in june. and we need to hang on to him for a few more seasons yet, obvious some euro club will come after him,just wont happen yet, lets just enjoy his efforts while we can..Sutton was a capable keeper just not a starter anymore, good to see him getting into tv, has he offically retired? im sure Philadelphia would need any kind of keeper in the expansion draft,

TFC07
09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Is there been any rumours of Frei leaving TFC and heading to Europe after this season?

Yeoman
09-06-2009, 08:55 PM
no delete your post now or it'll show up on MLSrumours that there is
can't wait to get my frei kit when i'm back in ontario :D

Cashcleaner
09-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Is there been any rumours of Frei leaving TFC and heading to Europe after this season?

I haven't heard a think mentioned about it. The longer he stays off the radar, the better for Toronto, though.