PDA

View Full Version : Papas Calientes!

[NBF]
09-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Hahahaha. It sucks to watch a match in a foreign language, but since I speak spanish it doesnt bother me watching the game with Mexican commentators. Sometimes they have some of the best one liners, like after the goal by Casey last night they said that TFC was hurling the ball forward like "HOT POTATOES" ("PAPAS CALIENTES" in spanish).

http://dynastyoflao.squarespace.com/storage/potatoportraits04.jpg

A couple of points I would like to make about last night's game:

* The Mexican commentators were right on the ball when they said that TFC was a good team with good talent moving the ball forward into the final stretch of the opponents end of the field but they lacked the finishing to score goals. "What good is it to reach the final quarter of the field and come up with nothing, no results?"

* Marvell Wynne, they also said the same about Marvell Wynne, who has tremendous speed and can't do anything in the final stretch. He doesnt have the ability to finish.

* The Mexicans said nice things about DeRosario and Vitti:).

* On the spot kicks spoiled by whoever was taking them, "Toronto F-C, is missing their main set piece taker in Guevara. Without him they are wasting chances."

*"Toronto F-C, is hurling the ball like hot potatoes after the goal by Casey, but they're lacking a forward centre capable of heading the ball into the net". Before Danny Dichio was subbed in, which was the worse substitution in my opinion.

* I dont think the substitutions made were of much benefit to the team when Vitti was taken off for Ali Gerba or Dichio in for Gomez.

* Team Ratings:

Frei-6, Wynne- 6, Attakora- 6, Gomez -6, Garcia- 6, Brennan- 5, Cronin- 5, Sanyang- 6, Vitti- 6, De Rosario- 6, Barrett- 5

Subs: Dichio- 5, Gerba- 5

Quick Observation:

Final Standings Per Season

2007- 13 of 13
2008- 12 of 14
2009- 11 of 15 (so far)

So there has been some improvement over the years, but that has something to do with the expansion of the league in my opinion.

Sorry guys and gals, there will be no playoffs this year.:picard:

Bobo
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Very generous with the ratings. Atrocious attack and the defense was very lucky to not concede.

Frei-7 - TFC's brightest spot.

Wynne-4 - This guy can't do anything but run and knock people over. Bad wingback, bad winger. Trade him while we can still dupe another MLS team.

Attakora-6 - Terrible balls up, but TFC's best defender as has become the norm.

Gomez-4, Garcia-5 - Did not form a great pairing, don't like Gomez as much as I did in his first couple appearances. What the hell were those headed clearances? Comical. They made Casey look like he had Ronaldo feet.

Brennan-4 - Sorry Jimmy, we need an upgrade, shows this week in week out. They should avoid passing to him all together.

Sanyang- 4 Saw the second yellow coming in the first half. Should have kept Vitti on and gambled without a DM. Not confident enough on the ball yet. Like Gomez, should not be starting for a team with playoff aspirations.

Cronin-5 - Quiet game for Sam. Needed him to provide more from deep in Amado's absense.

Vitti-3 - Crap last night. Deserved to be taken off, but beggars couldn't be choosers when it came to scoring a goal. Needed as many creative players on the field as possible, despite how uncreative they were being.

De Rosario-5 - Did nothing, but poor guy tried. One of maybe two motherfuckers in this entire club who is worthy of being called a professional.

Barrett-3 - He runs, puts effort, blah blah, so did Lombardo. A slower Wynne. Upgrade please.

Cummins-0 - Get this guy out of here. Didn't think someone could be more tactically inept than Carver.

Serioux-0 - Came on just long enough to put us in a bigger hole. This dude was immense at the beginning but is losing his head now at the most important time.

I won't give Dichio and Gerba ratings because what the hell were they supposed to do with no service at all?

FluSH
09-06-2009, 04:45 PM
any commentating was better than Dobson & Forrest... the game was horrible... the commentating even worse...

Chevy
09-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Dobson is a jinx. Whenever he starts running down the playoff scenarios, or presuming TFC will win (ala Columbus game) and adding the points, we f**cking blow it.