PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Thread: TFC @ Colorado Rapids

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 10:57 PM
TFC now stands for "Totally Fucking Crap".

No Serioux or Sanyang next week thanks to red cards.

Most uninspired play I've ever seen, even from TFC. We were shit. Everyone sucked.

This season is over.

Fire Mo, Cummins, and let's start with new management.

Not even the most positive people on this forum can find positives from this game.

Final: Colorado 1 Toronto FC 0

Not so Fun Fact: The last team to beat us 1-0 in league play was Colorado back in 2007. History repeats itself.

ArmenJBX
09-05-2009, 10:58 PM
+1x100000000000

Hooligan69
09-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Three away games, zero victories, zero goals, one draw, two losses, one point.

WHITEY
Don't know about Mo but Cummins seriously needs to go! This team is not playing for their playoff lives; no motivation and the coach is getting out-coached and has very limited tactics.

Nuvinho
JDG is coming, JDG is coming!!! No worries, he'll score 2 goals a game!!!

Ticket prices will be raised 20% too.

hahaha!!!......I can only laugh and mock this team.....so frustrating

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Why should I believe we can make it?

Fuck the 5 year plan. We aren't making the playoffs in 10 years at this rate of incompetence.

DangerRed
Mathematically speaking, the odds of us making the playoffs are slim to none right now. We're getting to the point where we lose control of our own destiny and even if we start winning games, we could still fail because other teams in the race have been playing better than us.

I voted yes in the can-we-make-the-playoffs poll. I've now changed my vote. Good luck to Chris Cummins, because if history is any teacher, he's goin' out.

TFC&Gunners4Life
Gutted, speechless, A local pub team could have given a better performance then TFC tonight. They are shiiiiiiite.

Azerban
hey guys remember to buy your official tfc membership

forza_tfc
Think it's obvious Cummins has no clue how to set up a proper formation. With 3/4 of the season done, he's still tinkering with lineups. Both central midfielders subbed out, starting strikers end up in the midfield, etc.

Now JDG is gonna show up when it's to f'ing late. Thanks dickhead.

LucaGol
With some of the performances we put on, I'm actually flabbergasted at the amount of points we've been able to scrounge together.

billyfly
09-05-2009, 11:02 PM
17-5 fouls for Colorado

Brooker
toronto 17 fouls
colorado 5 fouls

seriously?

TFC&Gunners4Life
Seattle Sounders 1 year in the league and made the playoffs. TFC 3 years = 0 playoffs. Front office and coaching staff has to go.

billyfly
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Pls Leafs and Raps, be good this year. Save this poor man's heart.

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
This is a team of footballing retards led my the village idiots.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Frei...player of the game...two great stops with his legs

Wynne, Brennan, Sanyang played well

but the rest of the team no heart, no passion...a dead loss.

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Seattle isn't a playoff lock but they're in decent position, dude.

Don't worry were an expansion team and all that. :rolleyes:

forza_tfc
09-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Is it too much to ask to have a team we can enjoy watching? Today's play was weak, embarrassing, uninspired...

wzhxvy
09-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I am beyond words...

mastermixer
09-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I can't wait to hear what excuse CC uses tonight to explain this debacle.
I AM SO GUTTED!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHITEY
09-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Frei...player of the game...two great stops with his legs

Wynne, Brennan, Sanyang played well

but the rest of the team no heart, no passion...a dead loss.

I would've stopped there beacuse the rest of the team played like, well that's the problem THEY DIDN'T PLAY! Horeshit effort!

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Five year plan guys...Mo said it so we must not think and use facts and follow it.

TFC07
09-05-2009, 11:08 PM
TFC simply don't have players who have good soccer IQ. Our coaching staff is a joke. We need to rebuild this team with a new management if TFC ever wants to be successful.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Alex
09-05-2009, 11:09 PM
the telling sign is how many shots on net we've had in the past 3 games.

forza_tfc
Why can't we pass or cross a ball? Why? WHY?!!

DangerRed
Stefan Frei is an amazing footballer and will go on to do great things in Europe. We should enjoy his stellar play while we still have him.

As for the rest of the team, aside from the playoff-killing result tonight, the game was fucking BORING! Where is this fucking team's offence right now? How many shots on goal did we get?

And again, TWO red cards??!?!?!?

Jeff s
Seattle Sounders 1 year in the league and made the playoffs. TFC 3 years = 0 playoffs. Front office and coaching staff has to go.
And Seattle already won the US Cup.

This is a team that has to much potential on putting on a great passing and technique display with players like Dero, Guarvara, Vitti and even perhaps Guzman if it happens. yet, in the end, we've got to be the most boring team in the league. We are so brutal to watch, especially away from home. If you ever find yourself in bed and cant sleep, just play a tfc game and you'll have no problem sleeping.

Can someone explain to me how a player like barrett who cant shoot, pass or cross is taking setpeices? His simple free kick pass was a fail, his corner was a fail, wtf?

If I was tfc I would appeal the Serioux sending off, I think it was a harsh call. It was shoulder to shoulder.

Get rid of cummins, bring in a manager with some dam passing tactics. Cummins says he wants the passing shit, but why do I not see any changes?

mastermixer
09-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Its funny that I have felt the same way when I watch the Raptors and the Leafs. Any connection between the three teams? If MLSE was a person I wish I could bitch-slap them right now!

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Three years solid we've collapsed as soon as we enter July.

Good starters, bad finishers.

forza_tfc
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Anyone feel like a sucker? Colorado had 5 fans at the game and can field a team like that. TO sells out every game and we get a bunch of slackasses and a pussy coach.

Season is over folks.

RPB73
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Perhaps this is just as good as they are. What I am saying is that the players that we have aren't as good as we believe. Most of the time when we add a player people on this board talk them up, but in reality they aren't that good. TFC is a hyped up team full of shit players, an idiot coach and a manager without a clue. Add all of this up and that equals no playoffs. There is no way they are going to the playoffs, and please no more comparisons to the game in Montreal to win the cup. That game was a farce and a disgrace to the sport. We beat a CSL team that night people so give it up.

Yohan
09-05-2009, 11:13 PM
normally, i'd be furious after a game like this, but right now, i'm just disappointed

i guess i've accepted the fact that this team isn't going to make the playoffs

what the hell happened to last week's team? you know, the one that can find open men. find gaps. make runs and movement?

TFC USA
09-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Don't show up to BMO. Don't waste your money.

Don't bother with these fuckers until Dichio Day.

Lucky Strike
09-05-2009, 11:14 PM

I should think this is the biggest contribution anyone could make for the team this year if it comes to pass. And they have a cup already.

Sadly pathetic that the best thing to happen for TFC could be something that TFC has nothing to do with.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I can't wait to hear what excuse CC uses tonight to explain this debacle.
I AM SO GUTTED!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I dont think CC told the players to go out and play like crap!! The Players have to be held accoutable....some have to be outright released...so we took 1 out of 9 points on the 3 game road trip...unexceptable..would have settled for 4 or at least 3...... we have 6 games left and need to win 3-4 to have any shot....not going to happen, not this year...8-8-8 = 32 pts
even a .500 season is still possible, with with against San Jose and NY
almost locked up?? Colorado at BMO next week..shite we could be officially gone with a loss at home..cant see any points against the Galaxy or the Fire....:facepalm:

Fushida
09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
normally, i'd be furious after a game like this, but right now, i'm just disappointed

what the hell happened to last week's team? you know, the one that can find open men. find gaps. make runs and movement?

shit manager * lack of motivation/tactics + shit players = TFC

LucaGol
09-05-2009, 11:16 PM

They were feeding off the energy of the crowd.

Im sure you've seen a similar effect on team's coming into BMO ... you know ... when you actually play in front of real human people ... making real palpable noises. It's exhilirating :)

Lucky Strike
09-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Anyone feel like a sucker? Colorado had 5 fans at the game and can field a team like that. TO sells out every game and we get a bunch of slackasses and a pussy coach.

Season is over folks.

And even then there are a lot of empty seats for some reason, like 3000 people don't use their tickets per game. It's only going to get worse next year if these pathetic efforts continue. Even if TFC sucked, we always had our crowd and the best support in the league. If things don't improve, we'll lose that as well.

Then we'll be nothing.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:17 PM

thats right bail on the team....real supporters show up till the end...if we blame the players for not showing up...what are the supporrters that dont? Hypocrates!!:scarf:

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2009, 11:18 PM

That isn't how it works.

Totally gutted by this shitty performance. I retain some hope that we can still make the post-season, but the hope certainly got bleaker tonight.

Cummins needs to go, as head coach. Can't do the job.

If this team falls apart down the stretch, then Mo needs to go too. A fresh perspective will need to come in, after three years of essentially the same problems.

The players need to take responsibility too. We talk too much of the front office, and don't demand enough of some of these players, who from week to week can put in stellar, or shambolic performances.

This was pathetic. It's time to look long and hard at the heart of this team. One shot on goal? While we fight for our playoff lives? Are you fucking kidding me?

- Scott

Yohan
09-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Cummins can't organize an orgy in a turkish whorehouse

LucaGol
09-05-2009, 11:19 PM
thats right bail on the team....real supporters show up till the end...if we blame the players for not showing up...what are the supporrters that dont? Hypocrates!!:scarf:

Who's Hypocrates? ... the forgotten Greek philosopher?

jazzy
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Pls Leafs and Raps, be good this year. Save this poor man's heart.

Only in Toronto, can decent people still have dreams, that they're teams even give a shiiiiiiite! This is the worst sports town in North America,, with the best, yet, naive fans, and these teams just add up the bucks daily because they can. Yet it still gets worse, hockey season is just around the corner, Is there even a chance that some of the players also are fed up? Scarey I thought only the biggest idiot could screw up this soccer franchise..............OMG

Yohan
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM
i guess the JDG story did get to a lot of players tonight

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2009, 11:21 PM

This was a great response.

- Scott

Roy of the Rovers
What a fucking disgrace. No heart, no soul. How in such an important game, can you not show up?

nimamalek
Cummins is almost as bad as Carver at picking a line-up, and what was with the goal, it basically happened in slow motion, no one ran out to get pressure the cross and both defenders just moved off of Casey. My grandmother could have pick out Casey in the both with a cross if she had that much time.

Fushida
09-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Cummins can't organize an orgy in a turkish whorehouse

+1 :D

We have a bunch of players who have no idea what to do with the ball when they get it... some may say that this is the MLS, but apparently a lot of other teams seem to look a lot more comfortable than us with the same caliber of players. Reason? Shit coach and shit tactics. :facepalm:

WHITEY
09-05-2009, 11:26 PM

We have a bunch of players who have no idea what to do with the ball when they get it... some may say that this is the MLS, but apparently a lot of other teams seem to look a lot more comfortable than us with the same caliber of players. Reason? Shit coach and shit tactics. :facepalm:

That's what it boils down to. And if Cummins is surprised that he gets gassed at the end of this season then he is more clueless than I thought.

kaos197O

Actually....I was thinking that now, all of our last 3 games should be Danny Dichio day games. Would make missing the playoffs far more tolerable and make our game day much more fun!

Ohhhhhhhhhh ...............Danny Dichio.............

mighty_torontofc_2008
Cummins is almost as bad as Carver at picking a line-up, and what was with the goal, it basically happened in slow motion, no one ran out to get pressure the cross and both defenders just moved off of Casey. My grandmother could have pick out Casey in the both with a cross if she had that much time.

He can only pick what he has...remember the fans wanted DeRo, Serioux , gerba...Hows that CC fault if the fail to show up and play for a canadian
team? Some of OUR players read and believe their own press clippings and
has hurt the team as a result...too many egos and not enough team players....Barrett has to go, sorry Chad defended you long enough,
maybe use DeRo as trade bait to lower the salary cap to get JDG if possible.

kaos197O
09-05-2009, 11:27 PM
That's what it boils down to. And if Cummins is surprised that he gets gassed at the end of this season then he is more clueless than I thought.

Move over Cummins.......DD needs a job

kaos197O
09-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Barrett has to go, sorry Chad defended you long enough,

Crazy thought there! Dero has his problems but trading him is beyond retarded!

forza_tfc
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
He can only pick what he has...remember the fans wanted DeRo, Serioux , gerba...Hows that CC fault if the fail to show up and play for a canadian
has hurt the team as a result...too many egos and not enough team players....Barrett has to go, sorry Chad defended you long enough,

The trouble is he doesn't know what to do with these players. Mo is experimenting with this interim coach, and the coach is constantly experimenting with lineups. If you can't decide on a proper formation with they players you have by now, you're not fit as a coach.

OddTweak
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm starting to think the RPB should consider withdrawing their support from this club. Seriously, why support a team that is owned by a group of people who have ZERO interest in winning as long as the seats are filled? Tonight's performance was NOT a fluke, it is the NORM. Barrett is the WORST player on the team PERIOD. Cummins is the WORST coach, Serioux and Senyang are FUCKING STUPID, and Frei DESERVES BETTER! Make the playoffs? I'll be SHOCKED if we get ONE FUCKING WIN in the remaining games! Bunch of FUCKING WANKERS!

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:32 PM

No our new striker:D

Vince Whirlwind
09-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah Cummins started off great, but over time it's become apparent he has no more to offer than Carver did.

This team is going to quickly earn the reputation of another Toronto joke with the casual fans and all the efforts of the supporter clubs will be somewhat diminished.

MLSE and Mo will be content to ride out whatever is left of this loser of a year without doing anything to send a message that they expect better of themselves/the team. You will see more money-making schemes and a ticket price increase though...don't worry too much however - next year Mo "will expect more" and the decision makers will add an African Elephant Dung Butty to the menu (much to everyone's delight)and we can start it all over again.

LucaGol
09-05-2009, 11:33 PM
On the one hand, I sympathize with Cummins ... I mean he has an inordinate amount of square pegs in a rainforest of round holes.

Exempli gratia ...

1. The Marvell Wynne conundrum. (you all know what it is, I don't think an elaborate thesis is required)
2. DeRo and Guevara cannot coexist.
3. High priced players ... no results. ... (see Robbo, Vitti, Brennan and friends)

On the other hand ... Chris is the coach ... the reason he gets this noble title is so that he can guide the team in the right direction in the face of the issues that he's presented with, regardless of their magnitude. Not only have I not seen any tangible improvement in the squad since he has taken the reigns (see lack of creativity in attack, disorganized defense, long ball tactics). .... more problems have in fact been born (lack of team discipline, lethargic off the ball movement).

Ergo ... call Steve Nicol and tell him there's a sack of money waiting for him at Pearson ... if he agrees to come and clean our 3 year mess.

Yohan
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM

yep. need a better coach asap

ask NYRB how they are doing after firing Osorio.

same team as before, but NYRB are getting results (which makes TFC's last game so much more harder)

Standup105
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
All I could think of watching this game is that outside of Frei and DeRo (in the first half), you could plop any TFC player into my co-ed rec league and they wouldn't make much difference on the game. What is going on with this team? How is it that we can't everr build on momentum, ever play even slightly consistently, ever play with any cohesion, thought, or creativity? The sooner this season is over the better. Unless of course we get JDG.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Crazy thought there! Dero has his problems but trading him is beyond retarded!
but who you going to use as trade bait barrett? lets be fair here we might need to part with a big name player to improve the squad..we dont have enough players other teams would take....the only untradeables are Frei, Wynne and Serioux, and Sangyang..the rest?

jazzy
09-05-2009, 11:38 PM

Have been to every game and will continue to go, BUT hate the fact that again I have to watch Barrett and others who we wouldn't make it in the USL kick a f^&*& ball up the field to the opposing team and stand there and let someone else do it.......It is time to f)(*&inf get rid of the old sh67ts and let the speed and heart take over, at least there are no expectations then. What the f45k is Cummins on when after the young lads spread fear in opposing teams, these idiots say, we'll let experience win for us....Noone has a plan so better to have speed and heart not having any clue rather than slow disinterested over paid sh%its....Frei makes how much? Attakora how much? Like a leaf game...you go to watch the other teams?....is that where it ends?

Limani_Ole
09-05-2009, 11:38 PM
trade DeRo? bahahah.. that has to be the worst move possible..

this team has no movement off the ball..... its pathetic..

WHITEY
09-05-2009, 11:39 PM
but who you going to use as trade bait barrett? lets be fair here we might need to part with a big name player to improve the squad..we dont have enough players other teams would take....the only untradeables are Frei, Wynne and Serioux, and Sangyang..the rest?

Really, Wynn is untradeable? All I see him doing game in and game out is getting out of position and then running like a mad man to get back into position.

Razor
09-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Seriously, why support a team that is owned by a group of people who have ZERO interest in winning as long as the seats are filled? Tonight's performance was NOT a fluke, it is the NORM. Barrett is the WORST player on the team PERIOD. Cummins is the WORST coach, Serioux and Senyang are FUCKING STUPID, and Frei DESERVES BETTER! Make the playoffs? I'll be SHOCKED if we get ONE FUCKING WIN in the remaining games! Bunch of FUCKING WANKERS!

Bang...fuckin...on! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bye bye playoffs.

nimamalek

He doesnt use his players well, Dichio should be a starter, with Guevara gone he should have put Dero back in midfield, Barrett has no place on any team in the MLS anymore, he is just completely useless.

kaos197O

Guevara, Robbo, Garcia......while I know there isn't much of a market for any of them they could all go. I believe Barrett will go unprotected when Philly gets to pick players from other squads and will go at that point. I think under the right system Barrett would be much more productive but until we get a new coach or get rid of MO it would appear Barrett will be gone to Philly come next season. So to answer your question.....there is no one that we can get rid of this season to make space. IMHO JDG made us wait and now we should return the favor!

Yohan
stop taking mighty's post seriously

gah. i hate how TFC players have NO heart

TFC07
09-05-2009, 11:42 PM
TFC = Toronto Maple Leafs of MLS? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

LucaGol
09-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Really, Wynn is untradeable? All I see him doing game in and game out is getting out of position and then running like a mad man to get back into position.

We honestly have to trade Marvell Wynne.

He's a cross between the little engine that could ... a lost puppy ... and the Flash. ... actually the flash probably could whip in a better cross than poor Marvell.

Im sure Marvell's a nice guy, but man ... I want a proper right back. The guy is fast as hell ... if he had even 1/4 a football brain to accompany 1/4 of a right boot ... he'd be patrolling the right flank at old trafford right now.

Unfortunately, he doesn't ... and we're stuck with trying to fit a formation around his freakishly bizarre soccer attributes.

WHITEY
09-05-2009, 11:44 PM

I don't know if it's no heart or lack of motivation skills by the coach. I don't know. All I know is that I am pretty disappointed right now.

RPB73
09-05-2009, 11:44 PM
My son plays u9 rep soccer and I kid you not there are a couple of teams in his league that pass the ball and keep possesion better than these fucking idoits who are pro players. This team is becoming the laughing stock of not only MLS but of North American soccer. It is time to start over, starting with Mo and work your way down the list.

kaos197O
09-05-2009, 11:45 PM
We honestly have to trade Marvell Wynne.

He's a cross between the little engine that could ... a lost puppy ... and the Flash. ... actually the flash probably could whip in a better cross than poor Marvell.

Im sure Marvell's a nice guy, but man ... I want a proper right back. The guy is fast as hell ... if he had even 1/4 a football brain to accompany 1/4 of a right boot ... he'd be patrolling the right flank at old trafford right now.

Unfortunately, he doesn't ... and we're stuck with trying to fit a formation around his freakishly bizarre soccer attributes.

Only way I would take him this year is if he was free! His performance this year has been 2 to 3 steps back from what we saw of him last year.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Guevara, Robbo, Garcia......while I know there isn't much of a market for any of them they could all go. I believe Barrett will go unprotected when Philly gets to pick players from other squads and will go at that point. I think under the right system Barrett would be much more productive but until we get a new coach or get rid of MO it would appear Barrett will be gone to Philly come next season. So to answer your question.....there is no one that we can get rid of this season to make space. IMHO JDG made us wait and now we should return the favor!

Guevara is suppose to be gone after the season anyways according to this board. Robinson keep for one more year, Garcia was a player to help in the playoff push, and he hasnt been bad, nor has our defece as a whole we just canna score. a new manager is possible, Mo is likely here for another 3 years....Barrett to Philly, interesting!!

jazzy
09-05-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm starting to think the RPB should consider withdrawing their support from this club. Seriously, why support a team that is owned by a group of people who have ZERO interest in winning as long as the seats are filled? Tonight's performance was NOT a fluke, it is the NORM. Barrett is the WORST player on the team PERIOD. Cummins is the WORST coach, Serioux and Senyang are FUCKING STUPID, and Frei DESERVES BETTER! Make the playoffs? I'll be SHOCKED if we get ONE FUCKING WIN in the remaining games! Bunch of FUCKING WANKERS!

Did someone cut this guy off at the bar, it's not 2 oclock yet is it? Lord have mercy someone please buy him another pint.....

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-05-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't know if it's no heart or lack of motivation skills by the coach. I don't know. All I know is that I am pretty disappointed right now.

if they continue to show up and play like this then its no heart...Alex Ferguson could not motivate this team.

Razor
09-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Man, if I was JDG I would run the fuck away. No amount of money counld entice me to suit up for this club.

Stay in Europe - fuck I would.

jazzy
09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah Cummins started off great, but over time it's become apparent he has no more to offer than Carver did.

This team is going to quickly earn the reputation of another Toronto joke with the casual fans and all the efforts of the supporter clubs will be somewhat diminished.

MLSE and Mo will be content to ride out whatever is left of this loser of a year without doing anything to send a message that they expect better of themselves/the team. You will see more money-making schemes and a ticket price increase though...don't worry too much however - next year Mo "will expect more" and the decision makers will add an African Elephant Dung Butty to the menu (much to everyone's delight)and we can start it all over again.

Hahahaha.......Elephant Dung Butty, I had that in Columbus and it works there.

kaos197O
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Man, if I was JDG I would run the fuck away. No amount of money counld entice me to suit up for this club.

Nobody wants (to pay for) him but us!

mighty_torontofc_2008

you seen the match tonight...care to argue the point? there was no heart in colorado or Chivas..a decent effort in seattle, but we still had nothing.

Cas87
Bye, bye Playoffs

JDG or no JDG

LucaGol

If I were JDG ... I'd fire my agents ass.

How does he not have a team yet?

RPB73
09-05-2009, 11:54 PM
If I were MLSE I would force Mo to fire CC and make him take over the rest of the season. After the season was over I would fire his sorry ass and than look for a manager/coach. One man to control player pesonnel and coach the team.

Section225
09-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Chris Cummins, the f'ing muppet needs to go.
This club is a joke...I want that 90 minutes of my life back.

Section225
09-05-2009, 11:59 PM

100% spot on.

egoodwin
09-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Gotta love TFC, instead of stepping up our game, we instead are embarking on a goal drought that could rival that of the first season.

The most vital road trip of the season, and we come back with more player suspensions (4), than goals (0) and points (1) combined... Hell, we gave up more penalties (1) than we scored goals on that road trip...

T.O TILL I DIE
09-06-2009, 12:21 AM

NOW if your a true tfc fan you would go to BMO and watch your team play even when times are rough with the team, so i think your completely wrong saying not to show up at BMO totally wrong:facepalm:

I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT TFC EVEN IF WRE NOT IN PLAYOFF POSITIONS:scarf::canada::drum:

S_D
09-06-2009, 12:31 AM
I hate to say I told ya so so I won't say it lol.

Yeah Cummins needs to go, and unfortunately I think Mo is going to manage to be able to get off scott free on this one. I am still absolutely stunned that he is going to get a contract extension. And what is worse, the man who hired him won't catch any flack at all.

There is no way this team is going to make the playoffs. The only thing that I can hope for is that ML$E higher ups get pissed at Mo for heading up this mess and want to fire his ass for losing them a pile of playoff revenue. A man can dream I suppose.

What I find most disturbuing? Mo had 800K (500 Edu, 300 for missing playoffs) more than most teams for salaries and still couldn't put a winner on the pitch. What the hell is he going to do if he actually has to stick to the cap?

disgusting.

egoodwin
09-06-2009, 12:36 AM
oh I can't wait to find out how much PB and the rest of ML$E, decide to take out of our pockets in ticket increases for next year...

Redpunkfiddle
09-06-2009, 12:48 AM

So when will you be signing up for membership?

S_D
09-06-2009, 12:50 AM
NOW if your a true tfc fan you would go to BMO and watch your team play even when times are rough with the team, so i think your completely wrong saying not to show up at BMO totally wrong:facepalm:

I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT TFC EVEN IF WRE NOT IN PLAYOFF POSITIONS:scarf::canada::drum:

This true supporter stuff is getting tiring. Each can choose how to support or not support this team in any way he or she chooses and doesn't make anyone better or worse.

But I will say this.

The Leafs didn't actually make changes in firing JFJ until the gold seaters stopped showing up to games and spending their money. Sure their tickets were sold, but the prawns went unsold and the over priced beer. MLSE did nothing until their revenues were threatened even though everyone knew that management was screwed.

S_D
09-06-2009, 12:54 AM
oh I can't wait to find out how much PB and the rest of ML$E, decide to take out of our pockets in ticket increases for next year...

JDG's salary /20,000 :D

But I agree, JDG would be insane to join this messed up team. He would be better off in the second division Bundeliga. Their coaches are at least competent.

But look on the bright side I guess.... we are going to miss the playoffs which means we get the you suck 300K allocation for Mo to blow on more useless players.

jloome
09-06-2009, 01:08 AM
We needed a midfield playmaker and Vitti failed horribly. Cronin should've started in the middle, as he was ineffective on the left. Sanyang was overly aggressive, and should've been reined in before this one even started.

Just a lousy performance. Started slowly, with both teams parrying a bit, but we just had no patience, no movement off the ball, no urgency. Colorado started the second half with urgency and that was the difference in a very poor game.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the damn face: we have a team loaded with technique, but also loaded with 10-cent heads. And a dime won't buy you jack shit nowadays, let alone a playoff berth.

We HAVE TO play our smartest team right now, with maximum defensive coverage and enough patience to erode another team, or our slim chance will be no chance.

Attakora is wasted on the right. For all his positional flaws, we would be better with a flat three (worked well against DC) with Wynne as one of two wingbacks than playing a 4-4-2 and putting him in the mid.

Neither of our wingers were actual wingers. Our starting attacking midfielder is a converted foward. Our starting defensive midfielder just turned 18. Our starting centre half is also 18 (or is it 19 yet?)

Beyond that, you had:
-- Brennan. Who said he was our best defender today? He was caught forward on several occasions, and Gomez was forced to cover for him.
-- Serioux - Came in, missed the ball on two early tackles, left Casey in behind him unmarked on the goal, barged around like a bull.
-- Gerba. Needs a strike partner and service. Tried. Got no help.
--Barrett - Fucking useless as tits on a bull.

When looked at from that perspective, is anyone surprised? Mo et al have to go.

Keyman
09-06-2009, 01:20 AM
It's quite clear, and it has been clear for some time, that this is just not a good team. Good, successful teams, are consistent. We are anything but consistent. There are maybe 2 or 3 players on the team that continually put in quality performances, and that's it. And we have never, at least in my opinion, actually controlled a game this season. Everything seems to materialize out of nothing, and that's thanks to luck, not skill. The club is in shambles, and in my opinion, an overhaul is necessary. A quick fix just aint gonna work.

T.O TILL I DIE
09-06-2009, 01:21 AM
This true supporter stuff is getting tiring. Each can choose how to support or not support this team in any way he or she chooses and doesn't make anyone better or worse.

But I will say this.

The Leafs didn't actually make changes in firing JFJ until the gold seaters stopped showing up to games and spending their money. Sure their tickets were sold, but the prawns went unsold and the over priced beer. MLSE did nothing until their revenues were threatened even though everyone knew that management was screwed.

ya but telling other ppl to not to go to BMO cmon and just go to the dichio event this guy is bassicly sayin only go to a tfc game when RPB or another supporter group is doin something special. Thats so stupid!
but to MLSE F**K U thats all i have to say bout them :)

Keyman
09-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Oh and WHY IS CHAD BARRETT IN CHARGE OF SET PIECES. WHY!!!!????!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Haven't we seen enough corners fly out of the box and free kicks soar over the heads of every single player on the pitce!? He can't even weight a pass properly, I mean come on! I learned how to weight a pass when I played my second year of houseleague.

Dub Narcotic
09-06-2009, 01:24 AM
I turned this off at the 59th minute, I've seen this movie too many times before. How is Vitti a professional soccer player? Totally schooled by that Moroccan guy. Same with Barrett, I am off his bandwagon completely, and it's clear Chris Cummins is just trying stuff at random. I don't even want this team to make the playoffs: there's no chance they would do anything and they just have to start over next year.

I wish I would have bet on this game, this was a stone cold lock for a TFC loss: on the road on the west coast, last game of a road trip, against a better team, Chris Cummins is involved in some capacity.

Bars92
09-06-2009, 01:29 AM
we sold our best player to rangers. i was watching at the celieh house and there were plenty of supporters in good voice. this is so dissapointing the season had to end this way.

T.O TILL I DIE
09-06-2009, 01:30 AM
ALL WE NEEDED WAS 1 OR 2 WINSS !!!!!
THATS ALLL CMONN TORONTO :(
hopefully next season will be better and the north stand is going up hopefully we get better stands to
2010 A NEW START

T.O TILL I DIE
09-06-2009, 01:32 AM
better fans***

ilikemusic
09-06-2009, 03:23 AM
What happened to the extension for MoJo we were hearing about a few weeks ago?

I was figuring they were going to wait until the team got on a decent run of form and then announce it.

I wonder if the shit play has thrown a wrench in those plans?

Fuck I can not stand the management at this team. :facepalm:

Batman
09-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Shots on Goal: 1

Two Game Total Shots on Goal: 1

Wow. How bad is that?

MFG1
09-06-2009, 06:12 AM
I am still laughing from Barretts free kick to cronin. Your ticket price increases promising greatness for 2010 are in the mail any day now, its so scary. I couldnt even bring myself to watch the second half, so I missed all the good stuff. BRUTAL

Brooker
09-06-2009, 06:59 AM

i'm not really convinced that is actually true.

those seats have been empty for YEARS, yet still paid for.

Pookie
09-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Must win game.

17 fouls, 2 red cards, 1 shot on goal

To me this points directly at leadership. I'm speaking about coaches, our supposed "captain", veteran players and senior management.

How can players play without any discipline and heart?

Mak
09-06-2009, 07:48 AM
I was too frsutrated last night to post anything. Fucking pissed. Bottom line: they are fucking shit. Cummins, Johnstone and TFC senior management should all be fired, along with half the roster. Pathetic display. They looked like a bunch of beer league players.

Zero midfield. Barret was fucking useless as usual. Dichio had one play where he chested it down to Gerba, but couldn't get his fat ass off the ground to react to the play. Dichio remainsour best effective forward and yet has not played. Cummins should be fired.

The players do not look like professionals. Barret's idea of a 1st touch is letting the ball bounce 3 feet away. Kicking the ball from defence to forwards, but missing the forwards every single kick up. They can't even pass the ball.

Worst of all, they all stand around. Zero movement. When a player receives the ball, he is standing on his fucking heels and startled the ball has come to him. Then reactively just hoofs the ball away.

Fushida
09-06-2009, 08:00 AM
I fail to see how Cronin has been played on the left 3 games in a row. CLEARLY he's not nearly as effective there, and shows it again today. Wasting one of our best players once again.. => Cummins is a goner... he definitely has no idea what's going on.

ensco
09-06-2009, 08:02 AM
i'm not really convinced that is actually true.

those seats have been empty for YEARS, yet still paid for.

In 1998-2004 period Leafs averaged 8 home playoff games per year. They've had zero since then.

There's been a decline in Leafs TV ratings also, there are other people on here who know more specifics than I do but this has cost millions.

The financial performance of the Leafs and Raptors over the last 5 years is not that great, when compared to what it could be.

There are a lot of people at MLSE who were born on third base but think they hit a triple.

poppamidnight
09-06-2009, 08:14 AM
To be honest, Gomez didn't look that comfortable out there either today...
He had a handful of shaky incidents out there, and didn't seem to be on the same page as the red of the defenders...

Give Feligna the start next game... This team sucks so bad, you can't play any worse than the previous game...

AND WTF Cummins? The Serioux for Garcia?... What horrible substituting...
If it wasn't an injury swap (Stitches aren't an injury swap!) why would you do that? If Serioux was the one you wanted/preferred in the middle, why the eff did you start Garcia, simply because of your 'stick to previous lineup' philosophy!

Get the eff out... If you have a better player coming back from injury/suspension...etc, you play them!!!
...Another wasted substitution. I just can't stand it no more.

This is bush league coaching.... And it's pathetic (although, I'll admit, I wasn't as pissed in the subs as the Seattle game when he didn't use all his subs)

boysblue
09-06-2009, 08:28 AM
It was an abysmal performance from start to finish, but that doesn't much matter. The most important point to keep in mind is MLSE will make a shitload of money off this team again this year. THAT is what is really important. Remember lads....ALL FOR ONE.:scarf:

Mikey
09-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I ditched them at half time and watched something else. I figure it's time to start matching my support level to their on field efforts.

Can't wait to see the renewal price hike, and how the FO is going to justify prem pricing for pub team skills.

ArmenJBX
09-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Fire everyone except DeRo and Frei, start again. Literally...Fire...everyone. I want new beer vendors too.

Enough of this bullshit. When are we gunna stop being an expansion team and start being a bad team. Because right now, we're worse then bad teams.

TFC07
09-06-2009, 08:51 AM
My son plays u9 rep soccer and I kid you not there are a couple of teams in his league that pass the ball and keep possesion better than these fucking idoits who are pro players. This team is becoming the laughing stock of not only MLS but of North American soccer. It is time to start over, starting with Mo and work your way down the list.

I have been saying this for very long time now. I can't believe these are actually professional soccer players. Some of TFC players couldn't hold their own in some of house leagues in GTA. Also I find it funny how Mo looks down on Canadian players and bitches to MLS to give him more international roster slots, but yet, if you look at shit players on this team, it's international players who bringing this team now. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

TFC07
09-06-2009, 08:54 AM
I hate to say I told ya so so I won't say it lol.

Yeah Cummins needs to go, and unfortunately I think Mo is going to manage to be able to get off scott free on this one. I am still absolutely stunned that he is going to get a contract extension. And what is worse, the man who hired him won't catch any flack at all.

There is no way this team is going to make the playoffs. The only thing that I can hope for is that ML$E higher ups get pissed at Mo for heading up this mess and want to fire his ass for losing them a pile of playoff revenue. A man can dream I suppose.

What I find most disturbuing? Mo had 800K (500 Edu, 300 for missing playoffs) more than most teams for salaries and still couldn't put a winner on the pitch. What the hell is he going to do if he actually has to stick to the cap?

disgusting.

But but we can't fire Mo, he is great when comes to draft and he is the only person knows how MLS works. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

netsan
09-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Clean house... Start over....I don't need more of this 5 year plan to nowhere.

wzhxvy
09-06-2009, 09:00 AM
CC has shown his abilities and clearly lack there of. If anyone wants to argue that, then seek help. But what I was thinking about this morning, is why is MO not being held accountable for assigning such a horribly underqualified coach even as Interim. Where is the accountability for MO ??? How come so many people see it but MLSE and Ansalami dont !!!

TFC07
09-06-2009, 09:03 AM
CC has shown his abilities and clearly lack there of. If anyone wants to argue that, then seek help. But what I was thinking about this morning, is why is MO not being held accountable for assigning such a horribly underqualified coach even as Interim. Where is the accountability for MO ??? How come so many people see it but MLSE and Ansalami dont !!!

The only thing they see is: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

olegunnar
09-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Where is the accountability for MO ??? How come so many people see it but MLSE and Ansalami dont !!!

I wonder if they've been so busy counting their money that they haven't gotten around to making a succession plan. Now they have no clue as to potential replacements and decide to keep that little soccer guy with an accent that tells funny stories

The thing that bothers me the most is we have a roster of one dimensional players. Some other poster made mention of square pegs and round holes...I think that's a good analogy. They do well on teams that play to their strengths...but here when asked to be versitile and are put in spot they're not used to they suck ass. Watch....we'll trade players that we thought under perform...then they'll go somewhere else and be really good.

Nuvinho
09-06-2009, 09:19 AM
MLSE better be very careful handling their fans this year. It could end up similiar to how the raptors were. The fanbase severely dropped after a few losing seasons and ticket hikes, so much so that they forced people to buy raptors seasons if they wanted leafs seasons. Lucky for them, the raptors turned it around.

TFC has a fan base, but how many will stay with season after season of losing, and large ticket price hikes. They better use their heads, instead of their pockets when handling the next year or so.

ArmenJBX
09-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Chicago Fire: Chris Rolfe
Chivas USA: Lance Parker
Colorado: Rob Valentino
Kraplumbus Krew: No thank You
DC United: Santino Quaranta
FC Dallas: Eric Avila
Houston Dynamo: Cam Weaver
KC Wizards: Josh Wolff
LA Galaxy: Chris Klein
New England Revolution: Michael Vidiera
New York Red Bulls: Are Shite
Real Salt Lake: Will Johnson
San Jose Earthquakes: Simon Elliot
Seattle Sounders: Nate Jaqua

Now for abroad:

Canadians: David Edgar, Kevin McKenna, Mike Klukowski, Issey Morgan Nakajima-Ferran, JDG, Patrice Bernier, Jamie Peters, Rob Friend

Americans: Michael Parkhurst, Hunter Freeman.

Other DP Possibilities: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nuno Gomes.

DO YOU SEE THESE PLAYERS MO!? Stop taking trips to Brasil and call um scouting missions when you don't bring anyone back with you, look in your own backyard for players and if you wanna look abroad, look for players who would want to play for a CANADIAN team. These are all realistic-semi realistic targets, players who would move with the right incentives. Do your fucking job. Wow, you got Julian de Guzman, I could have done that. He's jobless, no solid offers in Europe, and you waived money in his face. You wanna have some credibility, sign solid, consistent MLS grade players who know the game and how to win.

Enough...

Fucking...

AROUND.

Davenport
09-06-2009, 09:36 AM
MLSE better be very careful handling their fans this year. It could end up similiar to how the raptors were. The fanbase severely dropped after a few losing seasons and ticket hikes, so much so that they forced people to buy raptors seasons if they wanted leafs seasons. Lucky for them, the raptors turned it around.

TFC has a fan base, but how many will stay with season after season of losing, and large ticket price hikes. They better use their heads, instead of their pockets when handling the next year or so.

I'm done with them..have been for a while.
Hate to say I told you so about the playoffs, but......
11th out of 15 teams and they keep ripping of their fans.
Sounds familiar ?

v00d00daddy
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Let me stir the pot a bit here, lol:

Can anybody tell me how "super" Dichio played last night. I watched the entire game but I didn't see him. :D

Ontario Arab
09-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Fuck it all......get a proper EXPERIENCED Head Coach....that is what has been required since day fookin one. Its not Rocket Science....go out and spend the money on the best coach available......one with a succesfull TRACK RECORD.

kaos197O
09-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Can anybody tell me how "super" Dichio played last night. I watched the entire game but I didn't see him. :D
Hahaha not funny!

NO SERVICE and NO POSSESSION= NO DICHIO! If you see him in the post game reactions he sounds more like a coach and seemed nervous when talking about the game and the club, always looking to his left a little as if he was watching someone or something. Most importantly he stated that the team seemed "lethargic before the game" even started which IMO was a little hint to all of us that there is a division of sorts in the locker room.

SUPER DICHIO PLAYED BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE ON THE PITCH LAST NIGHT!

exception.....Frei

jloome
09-06-2009, 10:55 AM
The only thing they see is: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The really sad part is that all of Mo's so-called "discoveries" that are gonna bank MLSE so much money in the long run were all highly touted prospects already. I mean, if Chivas doesn't pick some Haitian dude who never plays in the first round, we don't get Frei.

But I'm convinced the bottom line increase in asset value is why they like him, and a retarded ape could've made this team money with the conditions it walked into. It's not hard making money selling players that are young and that every NCAA scout on earth thinks have potential.

THat's why Euro teams are beginning more often to skip the middleman and sign guys like Mike Grella and Marcus Tracy directly. So if MLSE thinks they've got decades of millions of dollars of sell-ons because of Mo, they're kidding themselves.

dinminister
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
everyone come with bags over their head next home game, and write FIRE MO on them

Redcoe15
09-06-2009, 11:04 AM
No playoffs again, it seems. :( :frown: :sad: :cryin:

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GONNA TAKE???!!!!!

Ontario Arab
09-06-2009, 11:05 AM
red cards with sack Mo and Cummins is more apt.

SanStarko
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Seeing as we like a good conspiracy on this board, I'd like to add one to the mix.

Remember when Carver left, there were a few rumours that Cummins et all had said that if they weren't given their chance in charge then they'd walk. It got mentioned a few times, Cummins mentioned it once in a interview after he got the chance and then it was never mentioned again.

So my theory is that Mo, etc know that Cummins isn't the man for the job and have known it since the start. Mo has already got the new man lined up for next season (which is why he's been given his extension) but they can't announce anything because the new man is currently head coach at another MLS club and they can't do anything till the end of the season.

Oh, and Cummins, etc were getting punted at the end of the season regardless after their little 'put us in charge or we walk' outburst, and the only reason they got the interim job was because we couldn't afford to lose virtually the whole coaching staff in the middle of the season.

You can throw in bits about players not talking to the press, mysterious stories about people not being fit enough for airplane travel and the fans forcing the hand of the FO if you want to liven the story up a bit.

Coming up with conspiracy stories is quite fun actually, I can see now why we have so many.

But yeah, can't see us making the play offs, we suck, Cummins has got to be out on his arse come the end of the season and hopefully somebody decent and experienced in for next season. Please, no more guys who were assistants somewhere else, get a guy in who was actually the manager or head coach somewhere else.

jloome
09-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Interesting list. I don't think there's more than one or two guys on this who I'd take if I had my choice from these teams. And I wouldn't pick these as "realistic", since, uh,

-- Rolfe just signed in Europe.
-- DC paid for Quaranta to get alcohol rehab and he wouldn't leave.
--Colorado has Omar Cummings and Mehdi Balouchi and you want Valentino? That's nuts.
-- NO one from the best team in the league? Not Robby Rogers? Not Chad Marshall?
-- Eric Avila from Dallas I kinda get.
-- Cam Weaver's a good player, but Geoff Cameron is a potentially world-class player being seriously overlooked.
--Josh Wolff is seriously old, dude, and has 14 goals in the last four years. How about Davy Arnaud (although, again, I don't think he'd leave) instead?
-- Chris Klein? He tore his knee two years ago and hasn't been close to the same player. I'd take Sean Franklin 5-1 over him.

Seriously, I'll stop there, but the rest of the list makes no more sense, except for Jaqua, who's a decent (by MLS standards, anyway) target forward.

On your Canadian's list, Jaime Peters is the only remote possibility without DP money being involved. Everyone else on this list makes at least four times what TFC would likely offer them. And Michael Parkhurst and Hunter Freeman are both starting in Scandinavia, making seriously more dough than MLS pays. And Freeman is a middling player at best, anyway.

Seriously, Mo's a fucking idiot, but this is probably not advice he needs. Ruud van Nistelrooy?

Chicago Fire: Chris Rolfe
Chivas USA: Lance Parker
Colorado: Rob Valentino
Kraplumbus Krew: No thank You
DC United: Santino Quaranta
FC Dallas: Eric Avila
Houston Dynamo: Cam Weaver
KC Wizards: Josh Wolff
LA Galaxy: Chris Klein
New England Revolution: Michael Vidiera
New York Red Bulls: Are Shite
Real Salt Lake: Will Johnson
San Jose Earthquakes: Simon Elliot
Seattle Sounders: Nate Jaqua

Now for abroad:

Canadians: David Edgar, Kevin McKenna, Mike Klukowski, Issey Morgan Nakajima-Ferran, JDG, Patrice Bernier, Jamie Peters, Rob Friend

Americans: Michael Parkhurst, Hunter Freeman.

Other DP Possibilities: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nuno Gomes.

DO YOU SEE THESE PLAYERS MO!? Stop taking trips to Brasil and call um scouting missions when you don't bring anyone back with you, look in your own backyard for players and if you wanna look abroad, look for players who would want to play for a CANADIAN team. These are all realistic-semi realistic targets, players who would move with the right incentives. Do your fucking job. Wow, you got Julian de Guzman, I could have done that. He's jobless, no solid offers in Europe, and you waived money in his face. You wanna have some credibility, sign solid, consistent MLS grade players who know the game and how to win.

Enough...

Fucking...

AROUND.

Mojo
09-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Goodnight, sweet prince.

craz11
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I think it's pretty simple boys and girls:

1. We have no natural wingers.

Jimmy B doesn't count, he sucks so bad on the wing it isn't funny.

2. With no wingers we need more creative players at mid. Sanyang is terrible. The guy does nothing well. He always opts for a safety 3-foot back pass to someone in as bad a position as he is. He NEVER turns, NEVER creates anything, he just holds the ball up. His increased involvement on the 1st team is hurting us by preventing any kind of offensive flow or counter-attack. It's like we're playing short handed. He's a poor man's Robbo, and we've already got him.

3. So with no wingers, and no creativity at mid-field, we have a whole whack of strikers (both on the pitch and on the bench) with absolutely nothing to do and no one to give them the ball.

The last 2 matches we've played exclusively at midfield because of lack of creative play and, obviously, generated very few chances. We almost lost in Seatlle due to a late mistake, we lost to Colorado to a late mistake.

We need a dynamic creative player at midfield. Preferably a winger.

wzhxvy
09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I think at the end of day, its about wanting to win.

I am sure MO messaged up in MLSE ranks that the playoffs were seriously at risk when Carver "left", and that he put CC in there because there are no other qualified candidates at the time.

At the same time, he is pitching stadium expansion, they are making a ton of money, they have young prospects who he is touting to MLSE as multi-million dollar transfers. He was he is dangling the offer to JDG, and trying to negotiate a new contract for himself.

So if I was a pure business person, I would buy Mo's pitch, but for anyone who wants to win, they would have said, no buddy, CC is your decision, you are still accountable to make the playoffs, and we will not discuss your contract until after the season when we can evaluate your performance. But alas, no one in MLSE truly cares about winning (or more importantly put a priority on it). That is why CC will be fired at the end of the season, MO will get an extension and the story will continue in 2010.

romburgundy
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Why can't we pass or cross a ball? Why? WHY?!!

Because Mo and Chris Traded away all our wingers!

wzhxvy
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I very much agree...teams know that all they need to do is clog the middle and we have no one that can burn them on the wing...at least when CC plays that stupid formation with Cronin in the middle

I think it's pretty simple boys and girls:

1. We have no natural wingers.

Jimmy B doesn't count, he sucks so bad on the wing it isn't funny.

2. With no wingers we need more creative players at mid. Sanyang is terrible. The guy does nothing well. He always opts for a safety 3-foot back pass to someone in as bad a position as he is. He NEVER turns, NEVER creates anything, he just holds the ball up. His increased involvement on the 1st team is hurting us by preventing any kind of offensive flow or counter-attack. It's like we're playing short handed. He's a poor man's Robbo, and we've already got him.

3. So with no wingers, and no creativity at mid-field, we have a whole whack of strikers (both on the pitch and on the bench) with absolutely nothing to do and no one to give them the ball.

The last 2 matches we've played exclusively at midfield because of lack of creative play and, obviously, generated very few chances. We almost lost in Seatlle due to a late mistake, we lost to Colorado to a late mistake.

We need a dynamic creative player at midfield. Preferably a winger.

Ontario Arab
09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Vitti should get sent home right away.

wzhxvy
09-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Vitti should get sent home right away.

He is getting a long term deal habibi :-)

Ontario Arab
09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
He is getting a long term deal habibi :-)

Cancel it....he is fookin useless lol.

wzhxvy
09-06-2009, 11:52 AM
While you are cancelling things...can you cancel the Barrett and MO long term deals !

Pookie
09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Here's the thing that has me wondering though... are the players we have really "useless"?

We tinker with this team by bringing in players but haven't found the results.

If you are in 2 must win games (Seattle and Colorado) and your team manages:

- to not score
- to get a total of 2 shots on goal
- to accumulate 31 total fouls vs the oppositions combined total of 14
- to get 2 red cards

... at what point is there beyond just player talent, ie. something systemic? A simple solution is to ship out the whipping boy of the day. A more complex thing is to look at the leadership and veterans that have been assembled and examine that more closely.

Those results speak to an undisciplined, selfish style of play. Who is holding players accountable for that? What is their motivation to step on the field and deliver that? What are players saying to each other? What is the coaching staff saying? What has Mo said, either directly or through agents?

Consider further that this team had a coach quit on them through the season and I've got to wonder what it is like in that room. The "Captain" rarely speaks to the media after losses. Another supposed veteran leader in Dichio was going to be left behind because he supposedly can't handle sitting for more than 5 hours.

To those hell bent on blaming this on talent level, consider Jeff Cunningham.

His stats:

Years Club Apps (Gls)†
1998–2004 Columbus Crew 182 (62)
2005 Colorado Rapids 26 (12)
2006–2007 Real Salt Lake 32 (19)
2007–2008 Toronto FC 32 (6)
2008– FC Dallas 28 (13)

... lowest totals were with Toronto. He became a whipping boy and subsequently "found" his game again. Coincidence?

If it is true that ours is a dysfunctional dressing room, simply shipping out players that we deem as less talented will only get the same results next year.

Blizzard
09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
---edit---

If it is true that ours is a dysfunctional dressing room, simply shipping out players that we deem as less talented will only get the same results next year.

If we have a dysfunctional dressing room, we have to get rid of the players that are causing that malady. That's why Cunningham was disposed of.

The big question is "who is next?"

Darlofletch
09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
haven't read through the thread yet, so i could well be repeating things, but what a fucking shit sandwich of a performance that was last night.

In interviews beforehand, someone, probably cummins but i'm not sure was talking about how at altitude you can't go out and really press the game at the start otherwise you'll be out of breath really quickly. seems like they really took that to heart and then just never got going at all. No sense of urgency displayed at all.

Frei played well and looked pissed at the general effort, and towards the end de ro was trying to make something happen and looking totally frustrated, but aside from that, not much signs of passion at all.

Why the fuck were we playing so much longball? With Barrett and de Ro up front? shocking.

Nana, he's great defensively, but he really really needs to work on his passing.

Sanyang was a bit unlucky, two fairly weak yellows.

Serioux did not have a good game, he was awful on their goal, and with his sending off, he never should have been in the position where he had to foul their guy. Can't complain about that red card from the ref at all.

Cummins just looked lost out there, though to be fair to him for the first 5 minutes of the second half (presumably after some inspiring half time talk) we were actually passing the ball around well, but that didn't last after they scored.

All in all, very very disappointing, 1 point form 3 games on the road trip and I really can't see playoffs happening right now.

kaos197O
09-06-2009, 12:33 PM
If we have a dysfunctional dressing room, we have to get rid of the players that are causing that malady. That's why Cunningham was disposed of.

The big question is "who is next?"

Funny that you say this. If you listen to Dero's post game speech he indicates that everyone needs to give 100% commitment to winning and that this is not happening. In Dichio's post game speech he tells us that the team was lethargic before the game even started. Who and/or what is causing this is the real question. My concern is that it is not just one player that is causing all the dissension but more a group of players and/or coaches/management causing all of this.

Bottom line here is that there is plenty of unprofessional behaviour going on at all levels and, as mentioned above, no accountability, leaving us sitting on the outside looking in, as we watch our hopes for the playoffs and our team fall apart.

The way this club has been run under MO has been disgraceful!

TFC USA
09-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Where the hell do you think I am? Detroit?

I'm not exactly a stone's throw away from Toronto, and while I don't have the fucking funds to travel back and forth to watch shitty football I still do what I can by looking for shitty online streams on my shitty computer every week to cheer on the team I've rooted for since day fucking one.

Sorry for the rant. Nothing personal, I'm still pissed off after last night.

bignickel
09-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Where the hell do you think I am? Detroit?

I'm not exactly a stone's throw away from Toronto, and while I don't have the fucking funds to travel back and forth to watch shitty football I still do what I can by looking for shitty online streams on my shitty computer every week to cheer on the team I've rooted for since day fucking one.

Sorry for the rant. Nothing personal, I'm still pissed off after last night.

sounds like you're having a shitty day!

poppamidnight
09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Why the fuck were we playing so much longball? With Barrett and de Ro up front? shocking.

Sanyang was a bit unluck, two fairly weak yellows.

Serioux did not have a good game, he was awful on their goal, and with his sending off, he never should have been in the position where he had to foul their guy. Can't complain about that red card from the ref at all.

Cummins just looked lost out there, though to be fair to him for the first 5 minutes of the second half (presumably after some inspiring half time talk) we were actually passing the ball around well, but that didn't last after they scored.

Yea I was going to comment on the longball... It makes no sense... it's life a dump-and-chase in hockey against an aggressive goalie like Turco... YOUR NOT GETTING THINGS THROUGH... Why are you continuing to try it? How many times can you bang your head against a wall before you stop?!

Sanyang I chalk up to youthfull inexperience.... I can accept it... Youthfull aggression, wanting to assert himself in the leauge... I hope he's learned his lesson (in fact he looked rather distraught after it)

Serioux on the otherhand... WTF
Guy's a veteran... has a history of making stupid plays like that, and didn't again...
I've never met him, but he even comes off as a douchebag in interviews. I really don't like his attitude problem, and that says alot since I can (suprisingly) live with amado's little temper-tantrum's everytime he things he gets fouled.

Tyronne Marshall where are you???

Seriously... The best CB we've ever had... hands down.
Can outdo Serioux any day.

TFC USA
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I hate how people are bitching about Sanyang when he's 17 (18?) fucking years old.

Despite his bad game last night he's an upgrade over Velez.

Darlofletch
09-06-2009, 12:48 PM
[quote=jloome;703062]......

I'll say it until I'm blue in the damn face: we have a team loaded with technique, but also loaded with 10-cent heads. And a dime won't buy you jack shit nowadays, let alone a playoff berth.

.....quote]

patrick kane would disagree with you. Now there's a man that knows the value of a dime or two.

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
To be honest, I think Mo secured an extension as soon as he managed to con Rangers into buying Edu. All of this JDG crap is bullshit. What a joke that we've been fighting for a playoffs spot for so long yet we still haven't signed a designated player. Fuck JDG. We should a pursued a player who was actually willing to play here rather than dicking around trying to find a better deal in Europe. Of course all of this is assuming that Mo was actually interested in signing a DP in the first place.

Either way, I'm tired of getting mad at the players and the coach. Yes the players are shit. Yes the coach is shit. But so what? As long as Mo remains the man in charge, what are the chances that the replacement players and coaches will be any better? Actually it is probably not that hard to sign a coach with a better pedigree than Cummins but either way, Mo has not shown anything that leads me to believe he has a one month plan let alone a 5 year plan.

jazzy
09-06-2009, 01:03 PM
[quote=LucaGol;702963]On the one hand, I sympathize with Cummins ... I mean he has an inordinate amount of square pegs in a rainforest of round holes.

Exempli gratia ...

1. The Marvell Wynne conundrum. (you all know what it is, I don't think an elaborate thesis is required)
2. DeRo and Guevara cannot coexist.
3. High priced players ... no results. ... (see Robbo, Vitti, Brennan and friends)

Well put our best young lads making minimum wage, while the oikers who re not carrying the team over $200,000, sound like leafs to you, OMG solution?....more of wait, wait, Only in Toronto, soon does the real talent jump ship and then what?

Darlofletch
09-06-2009, 01:11 PM
After having read it through now, i agree with most people who are talking about coaching being a problem. Our formation and tactics keep changing and we very rarely look like we know what we're doing.

the main thing I'd say though as a black mark against the coaching is, how many players have come to toronto and actually improved their play while they were here? Someone else mentioned Cunningham, and there's many other examples. Marvell Wynne? Obviously a very talented raw athlete, but I don't see any signs of his defensive awareness improving over the last 3 years.

Ricketts looked like he had potential when he came over here and yet never seemed to develop that.

Serioux, first few games of this season he looked awesome. Granted he had problems with injuries, but then he keeps getting shuffled over to left back, then left on the bench, then back into the centre and it's seriouxly been a while since he's looked as good as he did back in march and april.

gerba should be a good player at this level, but he's been messed around with, in and out of the lineup and never really had the support that would help him play his best.

Barrett was never really a prolific striker at chicago, but the hasn't really improved since he got here. now, is he a forward?, a winger? who knows.

i could go on, and probably all of these examples have some kind of excuse whether injuries, or the player himself being a dick, or just not being teachable. but how many of the players he signs have to regress before mo looks at the coaching staff and sees we need a complete overhaul?

Sullivan
09-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Change is long overdue; so better late than never. Start at the top.
TIFOs need to be directed at Tom Anselmi, ML$E & BMO.

Rationale: pressure, make it uncomfortable, negative by association!

Start with simple easy 2-sticks or a pillow case - potential for four messages - front and back, inside and outside.

Message to be delivered = Mo & CC have to go!

Loyal supporters have to stop consuming at BMO - no more beer, food, etc. And stop purchasing the Merch!
Stop supporting the club AWAY from actual matches! No more pub nights.

Rationale: $$$ talks; ML$E loves counting $, and so do their partners.

And finally the players, well they're equally at fault but essentially get a free pass but will eventually fall into line when they respect the technical hierarchy and are held to account, currently neither exist!

Sullivan
09-06-2009, 01:37 PM

How much and what kind of service did he receive in his 20 minutes of game time?

AL-MO
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
TIFOs need to be directed at Tom Anselmi, ML$E & BMO.

Then organize them.

Sullivan
09-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Then organize them.

just did

AL-MO
09-06-2009, 02:04 PM
just did

I guess we'll see how it goes.