PDA

View Full Version : Dichio leaving in 2010 - Footy Blog

Pages : [1] 2

Nuvinho
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Mods, please merge if you feel it should go into the mega Dichio thread. But found this new exclusive article on the footy blog:

http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/09/03/25041.aspx

shwade
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
letting him go and allowing some random USL club to give him an off-field job is fucked up.

Super Cereal
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
How the fuck did this happen...

Disgraceful.

Roogsy
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Two words

DIS

GUSTING

Our first real soccer hero in this town and we won't be allowed to keep him. That is a travesty. If we ever figure out who is to blame for this...they're going to wish they were managing in Nunavut.

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
So who is it ? CC, MO, Ansalami ? Who is it and why is this even a discussion that he could go to some freaking USL club ? Are you telling me that TFC do not have room for DD ! What the heck is going on and most importantly why. The guy wants to be in Canada, loved by the fans, loves the team and is a certified coach...give him a job and evaluate him on the merits of how he does in the job. But to just let him go is sheer stupidity. I would like to know who is causing this outcome. Someone have the balls to stand up.

Rudi
09-03-2009, 09:16 PM
letting him go and allowing some random USL club to give him an off-field job is fucked up.
Forget about random USL clubs, can you imagine if he ended up at the Whitecaps, or worse Montreal???? :facepalm:

prizby
i don't mean to flame the topic

i am just getting sick and tired of hearing all this dichio talk. Let them do there thing, they are under contract, when the season is over, lets talk about it then

canadian_bhoy
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/MsDemmie/comical_ali.jpg

Stryker
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Well... everything seemed to be on track for Danny when Carver was running the show.

MG42
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
WTF.

Jay P
09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Shit hitting fan... In 3, 2 ...

flatpicker
I did not enjoy reading that article.

It is surely going to be an interesting off season.

BC101
Forget about random USL clubs, can you imagine if he ended up at the Whitecaps, or worse Montreal???? :facepalm:
agreed Rud van nistel I and don't say "It'll never happen"....

Stryker
09-03-2009, 09:19 PM
i don't mean to flame the topic

i am just getting sick and tired of hearing all this dichio talk. Let them do there thing, they are under contract, when the season is over, lets talk about it then
Helloooooooo?
They've been "doing their thing". Hence the reason Danny is in this situation.

TFC07
09-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Just when I needed more reasons to hate TFC management. :facepalm:

If this rumour becomes a reality and TFC doesn't make it to the playoffs, there is going to be a riot if MLSE doesn't get rid amateurs (TFC management).

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Wait for the off season ? Why ? Because they cant offer him a job now ? They have time, energy and resources to extend MO for 3 freaking years but you are telling me they cant offer this guy a job in the club ! Enough of the BS...ENOUGH !

TFC07
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Wait for the off season ? Why ? Because they cant offer him a job now ? They have time, energy and resources to extend MO for 3 freaking years but you are telling me they cant offer this guy a job in the club ! Enough of the BS...ENOUGH !

Well said.

ML$E :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

olegunnar
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
They have time, energy and resources to extend MO for 3 freaking years !

maybe it's a one sheriff town and Mo is dug in to deep to move out of the seat.

everyone blames cummins...but come on...in the big picture who the fuck is he? he's an interim coach...a nobody...as if he has any pull. as if.

andyc
I called this in the thread last week to a let's describe it as a mixed response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=683169#post683169)
Danny isn't injured.

My understanding is that there has been a disagreement with someone at the club. Right now the odds of him coaching next year with TFC or even being in TO are far from certain...

Shaughno - Still 100% bollocks?? Maybe 90%??

Rudi
It's up to Mo to offer him a contract, not MLSE.

He's in charge of all soccer personnel, so he would be the one who needs to get the message.

billyfly
09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I just wish we knew the truth.

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 09:28 PM

But like I said before (and got a warning for it because of what I called poor MO), this is very simple...DD is not going to take over from MO next year even if MO gets fired...thats not a realistic option, so I just do not understand why MO would be threatened by him. To me, this is about class, and treating people right. DD has done nothing but deserve a chance. I am not saying give him a job for life, but I think he has at least earned the right to try. This is really pissing me off.

Roogsy
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Do you know what the worst thing is about all this? This organization BADLY needs soccer pedigree and credibility. Danny would bring both. And yet they are sending him off like used baggage? Gawd it angers me.

Yohan
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
frankly i dont hate Shitecaps enough to mind if Dichio signs for them, but Dichio signing for Mtl would be like Owen signing for Man U scum

Dichio has too much class to do that to us

but this article. qu'est-ce que fuck?

something reeks of Mo doing something screwy. as if he isn't hated enough

TFC USA
09-03-2009, 09:30 PM
we got a 5 year plan dero sucks and dichio is past his prime blah blah blah.

Fire this management.

Stryker
09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
The only factor that's changed in the Dichio equation is Cummins.
Do the math.

TFC USA
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
How management fucks everything this simple up bothers me.

TFC07
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
How management fucks everything this simple up bothers me.

It's because they're bunch of amateurs!

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Do the math.

Ok but if its CC, CC is going to be the sacrificial lamb if we miss the playoffs (whether you think he deserves it or not). I just find it hard to believe that CC has any internal clout at TFC right now...unless MO is going along with CC until our fate is sealed, and then he gets rid of CC and does what he wants with DD. I dont know, but to me there should be no reason for this. If CC doesnt want DD, then fine, give him a job now and retire him. But to treat him like shit and have freaking USL teams calling him...that is insulting to all of us IMO.

TFC USA
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah but we got a 5 year plan to fuck MORE things up. :rolleyes:

Yohan
09-03-2009, 09:37 PM
It's because they're bunch of amateurs!
not amateurs, but people with wrong set of agendas which is even worse than being amateurs

you let a player like Dichio retire gracefully. you don't treat him like an old slave you no longer have a use for and kick him out on the streets

I guess Mo enjoyed last time the supporters held a protest and wants to see another one.

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh and one more thing while I am at it...the guy is retiring and has had a history of concussions, they play him for 90 FREAKING MINUTES in a less than meaningless game !!!!!! Where is the respect, the class or even the common decency to say you know what...its not like he needs the playing time, play him for 15 minutes and sit him. GOD DAMN

Stryker
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Ok but if its CC, CC is going to be the sacrificial lamb if we miss the playoffs (whether you think he deserves it or not). I just find it hard to believe that CC has any internal clout at TFC right now...unless MO is going along with CC until our fate is sealed, and then he gets rid of CC and does what he wants with DD. I dont know, but to me there should be no reason for this. If CC doesnt want DD, then fine, give him a job now and retire him. But to treat him like shit and have freaking USL teams calling him...that is insulting to all of us IMO.

Heres the way I look at it:

If Cummins views Dichio as a threat (regardless if its short or long term) and he's buddied up to Mo, then he's going to do everything possible to undermine Danny. Not playing him would be a good start.

Should we miss the playoffs and Cummins stays on, which I suspect he would, then its a solid guess that this is exactly whats happened.

TFC USA
09-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Just reading this makes me want to see this team completely clean house and not make the playoffs. New management (no more MLSE), new manager and coach, and a new start.

But I know that won't happen.

MFG1
09-03-2009, 09:49 PM
This year as a fan has been absolutely exhausting. What a shitshow and embarassment management has shown they capable of. Lets look back at all the shit sandwiches we have been fed , our loyalty been abused with no recourse. The Carver fiasco, Grass, The PR girl, Juicy price increase in tickets, Mo barricading himself from the media, Paul pissing everyone off with the Real Madrid announcement, the real madrid scam, TFC Memberships?", Constantly hearing "guys be patient, its not that easy" The Dichio debauchery, Chad Barrett as a striker, And guess what , any day now expect your Effin ticket renewal email with promises of an exciting 2010!!!!. I want to puke. I am so distracted from the game from all this corporate greed and amateur BS. I never thought it would come to this but as our playoff less year approaches every day seems to beat the day before. You should be proud of yourselves, TFC FO, and MLSE, pat your self on the back, you deserve it. Bushleague.
http://www.parmet.net/pr/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
My guess stryker is that if we dont make the playoffs CC is gone. I dont see MO removing the Interim title and rewarding him if we miss the playoffs. But then again, based on all this PURE INSANITY, its seems that, as My cousin Vinny said, "the rules of logic cease to exist in the Toronto FC FO"...

Roogsy
09-03-2009, 09:53 PM
This year as a fan has been absolutely exhausting.

AMEN TO THAT!

Canadian Blue
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Toronto FC is an embarassment both on and off the field

flatpicker
09-03-2009, 10:01 PM
so, I guess this is our "Dichio Mystery Thread" Part Deux?

It is a mad mad mad world...

twistedchinaman
09-03-2009, 10:02 PM
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!

:facepalm:

Nodoubtguy
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Why do I feel like I've missed something important before reading this article??

Ossington Mental Youth
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Theyd better offer him a job at the end of the season. I can see him no longer playing but not being a part of the family is a disgrace and unacceptable. Ive said it before ive been a skeptical defender of MoJo and MLSE but this will easily be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Oblio2
09-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Honestly, this is pathetic. DD deserves to be treated better than this. MO, I have defended you since day 1 but by the sweet love of fuck, I will be calling for your head for this fuck-tard move.

Beach_Red
09-03-2009, 10:06 PM
This sounds like a negotiation. The article reads like it was written by an agent.

Rudi
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Theyd better offer him a job at the end of the season. I can see him no longer playing but not being a part of the family is a disgrace and unacceptable. Ive said it before ive been a skeptical defender of MoJo and MLSE but this will easily be the straw that breaks the camels back.
What's strange is that over the past few months I've been hearing rumblings that the TFC Academy was due to get a huge overhaul next year and that Danny was set to be a major part of that. I heard this from numerous sources who are in the know for this sort of stuff.

With those plans already laid out for his post playing days, something must have happened to create a rift. But who is the rift with?

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
We should not wait until after the season...if he is not announced as part of the long term future of the club by the last home game, then there should be hell to pay. I have ZERO trust that this organization will do the right thing if left to its own devices...FUCKING ZERO TRUST.

Shep
09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Not too much in that article to be honest. Just saying some clubs have contacted him and he may be upset with TFC.

Speculative piece at best. If it does pan out to be true it will royally suck the life from the club, but all I was reading from that is a pile of maybes.

None of have any real idea of what's brewing at BMO, and rightfully so, transparency in contract moves doesn't exist.

Beach_Red
09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
We should not wait until after the season...if he is not announced as part of the long term future of the club by the last home game, then there should be hell to pay. I have ZERO trust that this organization will do the right thing if left to its own devices...FUCKING ZERO TRUST.

Would you want to anything about the terms of the contract?

Redpunkfiddle
09-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Release the hounds.

I am very sorry I am going to be out of town for our next home game, even more than before.

Guy in 123 who badgered Cummins last game to play Dichio and had nothing positive to say even when we were up 2-0 - I grant you permission to work your magic.

SilverSamurai
09-03-2009, 10:14 PM
So shall we get the pitchforks and torches ready?

Pathetic way to treat a legend...

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Would you want to anything about the terms of the contract?

No could care less if both sides agree and have a deal...

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Not too much in that article to be honest. Just saying some clubs have contacted him and he may be upset with TFC.

Speculative piece at best. If it does pan out to be true it will royally suck the life from the club, but all I was reading from that is a pile of maybes.

None of have any real idea of what's brewing at BMO, and rightfully so, transparency in contract moves doesn't exist.

Shep, he is NOT TALKING...you have reporters circling this and resorting to other clubs' interest to tell the story...how can you not see what is going on ?

H Bomb
09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
What's strange is that over the past few months I've been hearing rumblings that the TFC Academy was due to get a huge overhaul next year and that Danny was set to be a major part of that. I heard this from numerous sources who are in the know for this sort of stuff.

With those plans already laid out for his post playing days, something must have happened to create a rift. But who is the rift with?

I'm not much of a speculator but maybe this is where Cummins sees Danny as a threat. The only place CC has proven pedegree is in training youth players, and if we dont make the playoffs it wouldnt surprise me to see a new manager in with CC being put in charge of the youth set up. But I dont know anything

Beach_Red
09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
No could care less if both sides agree and have a deal...

It's all speculation, of course, but this blog post just sounds like the first stage in a contract negotiation. It just sounds like Dichio's agent telling TFC they can't lowball him because he has other options.

It's a business afterall, whether we like that aspect of it or not.

andyc
09-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Where we're heading fast...

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=1889

Bluenose13
09-03-2009, 10:19 PM

None of have any real idea of what's brewing at BMO, and rightfully so, transparency in contract moves doesn't exist.Good post......A lot of speculation & not a lot of meat & potatoes.

RealG-TFC
09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
He IS the club! He's the heart and soul, wtf man!

wzhxvy
09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
It's all speculation, of course, but this blog post just sounds like the first stage in a contract negotiation. It just sounds like Dichio's agent telling TFC they can't lowball him because he has other options.

It's a business afterall, whether we like that aspect of it or not.

Beach, I dont think its negotiation. What it might be...and just might is that DD's people are leaking this in as delicate a way as they can to try to bring attention to this. Based on how they have treated DD, lied to us, I dont think there is ANY negotiation going on...I mean seriously USL ??? What kind of leverage is that for DD ??? Its the freaking USL !!!

Brooker
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
well not that it's official or anything.... who knows...

but if this is the actual case, and he does go coach somewhere else.... well, i will give up my season tickets next year. i won't quit on the team cuz they missed the playoffs again, that would be dumb. but disrepecting our hero like that is like slapping us in the face.

H Bomb
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Good post......A lot of speculation & not a lot of meat & potatoes.

there's a fundraiser and t shirts currently being made based on no meat and potatoes ;) :D

Beach_Red
09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Beach, I dont think its negotiation. What it might be...and just might is that DD's people are leaking this in as delicate a way as they can to try to bring attention to this. Based on how they have treated DD, lied to us, I dont think there is ANY negotiation going on...I mean seriously USL ??? What kind of leverage is that for DD ??? Its the freaking USL !!!

Well, I said it was the first stage ;).

He's a guy with a wife and young kids, he's got big responsibilities. The USL team was picked because it could be sold as plausible because there's a connection. It could be sold as a stepping stone - no other MLS team would be interested in offering Dichio the head coaching job now.

There may not have been any negotiating going on. There may have been one lowball offer on the table and this is a move to start some negotiations.

It's what happens in my business so it wouldn't surprise me, that's all.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
So who is it ? CC, MO, Ansalami ? Who is it and why is this even a discussion that he could go to some freaking USL club ? Are you telling me that TFC do not have room for DD ! What the heck is going on and most importantly why. The guy wants to be in Canada, loved by the fans, loves the team and is a certified coach...give him a job and evaluate him on the merits of how he does in the job. But to just let him go is sheer stupidity. I would like to know who is causing this outcome. Someone have the balls to stand up.

like another poster said not to fan the flames here..but your asking whos responsible for this situation CC, MO Ansalami :} but could it be the major problem could be big DD himself? No one knows whats going on just guess and rumour spreading (cbc reporter). Dont get me wrong DD will alway be a fav here for the first ever goal, the goal last season against NEW England..but why is it always management that gets the blame here? Maybe as an athlete he didnt like his playing time cut, which all athletes do, some throw a temper tantrum and demand traded ( healtey for the sens as a prime example) although i dout DD is that type of player, Ontario has a few problem child with Heatley, Holliday, we dont need another one.Did he get into a bust up with CC, Mo or another teammate?
We we not know for sure till after the post season..and unless TFC pick up at least 4 of 6 off colorado, the post season wont include TFC. This whole mess wont be sorted out before then so come on Reds focus on the Rapids and get points!!

andyc
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
So are the negotiations the reason he isn't playing as well??

Shep
09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Shep, he is NOT TALKING...you have reporters circling this and resorting to other clubs' interest to tell the story...how can you not see what is going on ?

What would he talk about?

If they haven't a deal yet, or are in the process of negotiation he'd be shut up as well. The fact he isn't talking about any of this is one of the reasons I am not jumping the gun and believing him gone already.

Players tend to talk a bit when they don't like what they are getting, I know Danny is no Rohan, and he's professional to the bone, but still he might have made some move to show his displeasure, yet he hasn't.

That article could just as easily be some stranger's blog, that's how it came off to me.

Either way, true or not, the best approach from us would probably be intense and continuous pressure on the FO to make sure Dichio stays in Toronto. I think they already know he is treasured here, if we reinforce that heavily, and let them know it will impact the passion for, and faith we have in the club I think they'll listen.

I hope they'll listen.

But yeah, I still think that article was full of holes, had little concrete evidence of anything and should be taken with a grain of salt. The one good thing about the piece is that it might galvanize us to get loud about our love for DD before anything bad actually does happen.

Bluenose13
09-03-2009, 10:31 PM
there's a fundraiser and t shirts currently being made based on no meat and potatoes ;) :DThere's a fundraiser & T shirts being made to celebrate what he has brought to this team & it's no secret that this is his last year.

That's a whole plate of meat & potatoes ;)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
ML$E is a joke for ownership.............

Good luck DANNY! ......ML$E does not deserve you!

Ossington Mental Youth
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM

I hope the former, rather than the latter is true, godwilling we are only getting half the story here

Rudi
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1890
What's the point of this post? What happened, was your picture of pigs at the MLSE trough unavailable?

Instead of putting up repetitive, unoriginal crap about MLSE, perhaps you could actually post something about the topic at hand.

BuSaPuNk
09-03-2009, 10:38 PM
This just fucking gets me fired up. Dichio is a living legend when it comes to this team. If you disrespect the teams first legend the way things are going now, you will feel the rath of the supporters full out.

I don't know where the blame should be placed (MoJo, CC, MLSE) but something has to be said to the media and fans to stop this joke before it gets really out of hand.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-03-2009, 10:38 PM
on top of the fact that we dont use ben franklin around here

TFC07
09-03-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1890

LMAO!

But seriously though, I highly doubt they're behind this. Is probably most likely CC and Mo who are behind of this drama.

Shakes McQueen
09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
If the TFC FO seriously let Dichio just wither away on some random USL side, I will be pissed.

Hey Anselmi, and fucking Johnston: This man means a lot to us. Get him a fucking job as a coach or ambassador, and get it done soon.

I always just assumed it was a given that the guy would be offered a position with the club. The fact that it might not be, fills me with rage. The treatment in his final months as a player has been dubious enough, but if they let him walk to some USL team, and leave his life in Toronto behind, I will be beyond livid.

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
If the TFC FO seriously let Dichio just wither away on some random USL side, I will be pissed.

Hey Anselmi, and fucking Johnston: This man means a lot to us. Get him a fucking job as a coach or ambassador, and get it done soon.

I always just assumed it was a given that the guy would be offered a position with the club. The fact that it might not be, fills me with rage. The treatment in his final months as a player has been dubious enough, but if they let him walk to some USL team, and leave his life in Toronto behind, I will be beyond livid.

- Scott

And I guess, like the rest of us, you just assumed it would be a good offer and he'd accept it.

Until we get more information this is pretty silly speculation, but hey, it's the internet :).

Still, this is a team that just offered a guy, what, ten million dollars and a secure long-term contract and instead he chose... well, he still hasn't even signed with a European team, has he? This is a FO, like most MLS FOs that get used in negotitaions all the time. Remember the guy who came to Toronto, didn't leave his hotel rom and then signed with one of the teams he was negotiating with back home?

We always jump to the conclusion that our team is the one fucking up. Maybe they only fuck up half the time....

Yohan
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
i really dont want to jump in on a speculation without hearing the whole story but...

dear MLSE,
loyalty is a two way street

Rudi
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
I guess you missed my first post in this thread... and since you asked for it, just for you.....

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1642
This seems to be your only contribution to any thread.

Chad Barrett not scoring? There's the Pigs at MLSE Trough pic.
DeRo outspoken about grass surface for the stadium? There's that picture again.
Stefan Frei wears blue shoes? Kickit09 is posting about pigs.

It just gets a little boring, dude. Especially in a thread like this one.

Back on topic, while I think it's too early to plan any public executions, I think the supporters as a whole need to come to some kind of consensus about what actions need to be taken should this story have legs.

I know it's en vogue to make everything negative, but what about an overwhelmingly positive show of support for Danny at the next game? I know we have the huge tifo planned for the last game of the season, but I think for next week we need to plant the seeds a little bit.

SeanKeay over at my board suggested singing nonstop for Danny from kickoff right through the 24th minute. I think that might get a little monotonous, so I suggested singing the old PNE "he's got no hair, so we don't care" song from kickoff to 9 minutes in, then from sing our Dichio song from 9 minutes through the 24th.

What dio you guys think? Are either ideas feasible? We've never sung continuously for that long before, not as a whole, anyway.

v00d00daddy
09-03-2009, 10:52 PM
They knew that this was going to be Dichio's last season and it really bothers me that they're not letting him retire properly. I hate the way they're treating him.

On the flip side of the coin, I wouldn't be too upset if he wasn't involved in coaching at TFC. Not that I don't like DD, but I'm hoping for bigger and better things in the future and that doesn't include first time managers.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Whoop
09-03-2009, 10:53 PM
I know it's en vogue to make everything negative, but what about an overwhelmingly positive show of support for Danny at the next game? I know we have the huge tifo planned for the last game of the season, but I think for next week we need to plant the seeds a little bit.

SeanKeay over at my board suggested singing nonstop for Danny from kickoff right through the 24th minute. I think that might get a little monotonous, so I suggested singing the old PNE "he's got no hair, so we don't care" song from kickoff to 9 minutes in, then from sing our Dichio song from 9 minutes through the 24th.

What dio you guys think? Are either ideas feasible? We've never sung continuously for that long before, not as a whole, anyway.

Good idea IMO.

TFC USA
09-03-2009, 10:55 PM
like another poster said not to fan the flames here..but your asking whos responsible for this situation CC, MO Ansalami :} but could it be the major problem could be big DD himself? No one knows whats going on just guess and rumour spreading (cbc reporter). Dont get me wrong DD will alway be a fav here for the first ever goal, the goal last season against NEW England..but why is it always management that gets the blame here? Maybe as an athlete he didnt like his playing time cut, which all athletes do, some throw a temper tantrum and demand traded ( healtey for the sens as a prime example) although i dout DD is that type of player, Ontario has a few problem child with Heatley, Holliday, we dont need another one.Did he get into a bust up with CC, Mo or another teammate?
We we not know for sure till after the post season..and unless TFC pick up at least 4 of 6 off colorado, the post season wont include TFC. This whole mess wont be sorted out before then so come on Reds focus on the Rapids and get points!!

I wish you would stop defending management like it's competent.

Yohan
Good idea IMO.
i agree. but people have attention span of a 5 yr old and won't do a chant past 2 mins

or, we can just substitute dichio for toronto or tfc in every chant :p

jloome
Do the math.

That's some pretty lousy math, as it assumes a) Mo always got along with him. For all we know, they've hated each other the whole time and b) that they're making long term personnel decisions based on the word of a guy they haven't even given the full time job to yet, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-03-2009, 10:56 PM
In Appreciation of DANNY DICHIO! I have noticed people changing there avatar to dichio!!!!

GET'R done!

:)

Shakes McQueen
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
And I guess, like the rest of us, you just assumed it would be a good offer and he'd accept it.

Until we get more information this is pretty silly speculation, but hey, it's the internet :).

Still, this is a team that just offered a guy, what, ten million dollars and a secure long-term contract and instead he chose... well, he still hasn't even signed with a European team, has he? This is a FO, like most MLS FOs that get used in negotitaions all the time. Remember the guy who came to Toronto, didn't leave his hotel rom and then signed with one of the teams he was negotiating with back home?

We always jump to the conclusion that our team is the one fucking up. Maybe they only fuck up half the time....

Well, the situation with Dichio is far different to JDG. Danny has roots here as a player. He just became a proud canuck. He's our club legend. Surely he wouldn't fuck the club around, to get a better deal somewhere else.

In this case, if Dichio doesn't stay with the club in some off-field role, I will have to assume that MLSE dropped the ball.

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, the situation with Dichio is far different to JDG. Danny has roots here as a player. He just became a proud canuck. He's our club legend. Surely he wouldn't fuck the club around, to get a better deal somewhere else.

In this case, if Dichio doesn't stay with the club in some off-field role, I will have to assume that MLSE dropped the ball.

- Scott

Well, you know what they say about assume....;).

And sure, the circumstances are different, but as long as there are agents involved anything's possible (I feel I should point out that in my job I have an agent, I don't hate agents, but they really only think about the $$$ involved, that's their job).

Ossington Mental Youth
09-03-2009, 11:06 PM

that coupled with a banner or two would be brilliant

TFC USA
09-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Are non-RPB members allowed to have an avatar?

I've tried two Dichio ones and both have failed.

AL-MO
09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Are non-RPB members allowed to have an avatar?

I've tried two Dichio ones and both have failed.

Yes. Rudi has one.

Try saving the pic to your computer and uploading it from there.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I wish you would stop defending management like it's competent.

im just saying..its possible, management might not be at fault here..can you humor me and say thats at least possible? Knowing MLSE, you could be correct that they have F**ked up this whole mess...it would be nice, although not likely if the team and DD would have a press conference after the away game in Colorado and sort things out once and for all, for the good of the 2010 season, we dont want or need this hanging over the club anylonger.

AL-MO
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Words cannot describe my feelings right now.

Disbelief maybe?

Lucky Strike
09-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't even want to deal with this right now. A big FUCK YOU goes to the club if this does happen.

Super
09-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Disbelief maybe?

I feel the same way. However, there is still time for TFC to get their act together and sign Dichio to some sort of contract that would keep him at BMO in some capacity. If they drop the ball on this I will be incredibly disappointed.

H Bomb
09-03-2009, 11:39 PM
I've said it before. TFC are gonna need a brand new PR team as this year has been an example of what not to do.

andyc
09-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I know for a fact that Danny has had a big disagreement with someone at the club. I do not know for a fact who that is but my own assessment is that this has to be Mo...

It's impacted his playing time and also his desire to work for TFC in the future. This is not contract negotiations - this is about whether he wants to be associated with an organization that supports the type of person that he has an issue with.

I'm going to be given shit for posting this and told that I need to prove it... Bottom line is the whole story has been made public already and if you've been paying attention you can pull the threads together that reporters can't write about.

Stryker
09-04-2009, 12:06 AM
I know for a fact that Danny has had a big disagreement with someone at the club. I do not know for a fact who that is but my own assessment is that this has to be Mo...

It's impacted his playing time and also his desire to work for TFC in the future. This is not contract negotiations - this is about whether he wants to be associated with an organization that supports the type of person that he has an issue with.

I'm going to be given shit for posting this and told that I need to prove it... Bottom line is the whole story has been made public already and if you've been paying attention you can pull the threads together that reporters can't write about.

If it was Mo then I guess Cummins is just a yes man and allowing Mo to dictate his line ups.
This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

PS if I have to decide between trusting that the front office will do the right thing and be silent and jumping to conclussions on the matter than I choose the later.

Whoop
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I've said it before. TFC are gonna need a brand new PR team as this year has been an example of what not to do.

+1

I mean it's like beyond amateurish.

Stryker
09-04-2009, 12:13 AM
We're anxiously waiting to see what you might have to add to this discussion at this time John. We see you here. :)

johnmolinaro
09-04-2009, 12:25 AM
We're anxiously waiting to see what you might have to add to this discussion at this time John. We see you here. :)

The truth will come out soon enough.

John

H Bomb
09-04-2009, 12:30 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1891

stretchthetruth
09-04-2009, 12:33 AM
i agree. but people have attention span of a 5 yr old and won't do a chant past 2 mins

Dichio Superstar?

D-I-C .. H-I-O .. OOOOOOOOOOOH DICHIO!

Cristiano14
09-04-2009, 12:58 AM
^hahah thts a good idea

Yohan
09-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Dichio Superstar?

D-I-C .. H-I-O .. OOOOOOOOOOOH DICHIO!
Dee! Eye! See! Haich! Eye! Oh!
Dichio! *clap clap clap* Dichio! *Clap clap clap* Dichio! *Clap clap clap*

CretanBull
09-04-2009, 02:39 AM
This is the company that was happy to piss off Dave Keon 25 years, obviously personal sacrifice means nothing to them. If Dichio is pushed aside, then my relationship with this team is over.

CretanBull
09-04-2009, 02:52 AM
The truth will come out soon enough.

John

You need to find people who are willing to speak on the record..as supporters we need to be informed so that we can make our voices heard.

Cashcleaner
09-04-2009, 03:05 AM

everyone blames cummins...but come on...in the big picture who the fuck is he? he's an interim coach...a nobody...as if he has any pull. as if.

Agreed. Cummins is a man who had the job thrown in his lap and has nowhere near the amount of pull in the club as Carver did and Mo currently enjoys.

IF there is anything to this story, I don't think Cummins is the guy to blame when things go pear-shaped.

tfcleeds
09-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Once again living proof that MLSE don't really know what they're doing - IF indeed this is true. If they think we would react like so many Leaf fans to this and just take it sitting down, boy do they have another think coming. What a way to alienate your supporter base.

Batman
09-04-2009, 05:53 AM
I think the issue is, they can't just sign Danny on now, as an assistant until they settle who will be the head coach going forward.

Frankly, I fully expect that Cummins will be back next year whether we make it to the playoffs of not. (Since when has winning been an employment objective with MLSE)

However, until that is settled, I expect no decision can be made with Danny unless it happens to be an off field management type position.

ArmenJBX
09-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Here we go again...

Now, all things considered, let's take a look at where we stand, review for a bit. Danny Dichio (hereby referred to as DD) has had some solid performances this season in the TFC red. He's scored, he's assisted, and he's been a threat. Take the Real Madrid game for example. La Liga players couldn't do what Dichio did that game. But, for some reason, Chris Cummins has decided that DD doesn't fit into his plans. He's got a wealth of attacking options, that's for sure, with the likes of Ali Gerba, OBW, Chad "No score" Barrett, Pablo Vitti, Amado Guevara, Dwayne De Rosario...hell, even Sam Cronin. But Danny Dichio offers something that few others have on this team; Soccer IQ. He knows where the other man is, knows how to flick a ball into space, creates danger around the box and can score too. He's got everything we need in a player up front, our formation worked only because he was the spearhead. Now, all that's changed. We can see that we do win games without Danny Dichio, something we haven't done a lot in seasons past. Now, we've seen the emergence of players like DeRo who took this team on his shoulders and won't let go. We're in a shift of players here.

Take a look at our squad from the very beginning. Looks different no? Only two remain, and those two aren't quite up to scratch anymore. What does that say about this squad. We've grown, we've improved. We're better then before. Danny Dichio, however, has stayed the same. He's still a threat. He's still a goalscorer. He's a man we needed and didn't get this season, whether that be because of poor management or whatnot. That's not what I'm here to talk about though, no, there's something bigger then CC feeling threatened or Mo being a meanie. If there's been a disagreement, these things happen in football.

I think that we're at a crossroads where the heroes that brought this team to it's feet are now leaving it to those who took it upon themselves to keep it there. Danny Dichio did his job. He, amongst many of the other players who have departed our plastic pitch, have cemented something in the MLS. Toronto FC is here to stay. DD has done his part too. He's created a folklore, a legend, one that cannot be forgotten, as I mistakenly thought it could. (I know you read it... :D)

But, like all legends, there time comes, and not every legend goes the same. Dichio will always be remembered as a great player. I think we'll always remember what he did for this squad. But it's time to pass the torch. Season Four is about the new guys. It's about Sam Cronin, Stefan Frei, Dwayne De Rosario, and the Gambians. It's time to see what they can do for TFC now. DD did his job, and now it's up to the players we have now to take that one step further. As much as I hate to see DD go to a USL club and be mistreated and whatnot, it's time to let go. It's time we focused on other stuff. Because right now, it feels like crap to be a TFC supporter, when this kind of stuff is going on. Yeah, it'd be great to make a TIFO aimed at Mo, perhaps just a finger, perhaps a little bit more...elaborate... but we'd be making the worst out of this situation. This year has been a fuck up all things considered, and yeah, we should probably look to reorganize next season. It feels like Mo is playing Manager Mode and is choosing the wrong answers because he knows he can get away with it. I think he lives for the thrill of objection. (He moves from Celtic to Rangers if I'm not mistaken...who does that man?) Right now, he's in the power position. That's the difference between TFC and Seattle, we should have demanded voting rights, but, alas, who could have predicted this.

Let's focus on DD, let's celebrate his accomplishments, regardless of whether or not he'll play for another club. I dunno...I may be completely off the mark, but I just think we have bigger fish to fry (Frei?) and more important things to worry about.

Just my two cents.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Shameful and classless by our FO.......they should all wear dunce caps.....don't even know what to say really....Danny Dichio is the reason why I fell in love with this team, but now our eternally incompetant FO could find a way to fuck this up.

Oldtimer
09-04-2009, 07:19 AM
If Danny chooses of his own accord to coach for a different club, that's okay.

If MLSE is forcing him out over some petty politics, that would reek pretty bad.

Regardless, if Danny signs to coach for Montreal, I will be beyond upset.

grizzle
09-04-2009, 07:30 AM
This is pretty retarded if true.

ensco
09-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Dichio is building (has built?) a bigger player development brand than TFC itself is.

Danny runs his own schools in the off-season (same as many players do, but I'm not sure any other TFC player does it in TO)
http://www.dichio24.com/school.php

Dichio is Technical Director in Thornhill
http://www.thestar.com/article/655007

I think there's other things he's doing along these lines, I'm sure someone will post....

*** speculation alert *****

What if the team want him to stop all this if he's joining the Academy, but the pay they're offering is peanuts.....?

brad
09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Regardless, if Danny signs to coach for Montreal, I will be beyond upset.

My money would be on Vancouver.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
http://www.nba.com/0001Grabs/williams_jer_dunk_grab_033001.jpg

^ everyone remember Jerome Williams?

He was a decent player (by no means a great player) on the Raptors,
but he was a huge fan favorite. He got dealt away to Chicago, and
a lot of the fans were really sad to see him go, despite knowing that he didn't
have much left to offer on the court. Well he was in Chicago for one season,
and then the Raps (owned and run by MLSE) brought him back to be
some kind of 'community liaison' for the club. Seems like a good move right?

It makes me wonder if MLSE can learn from this, and know that sometimes
when you have someone who is a perfect fit with the club, you have to find
some kind of compromise to keep them around. IF it could happen for JYD,
who was FAR from a 'legend' with his team, then it could happen for DD.

If they actually wanted to do what was right.

Section 117
09-04-2009, 07:57 AM
IMO this is not MLSE as they don't give a rat ass about the day to day runnings of the club. As longs TFC makes money MLSE will be happy.

We as supporters of the club have to focus our attention at the FC ie. MO and Cummins. Mo is the one responsible for putting the squad together and for handing out contracts....

Cummins is the man who picks the squad to play every week.

May be we need banners that say Fire Mo or Mo's gotta go

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 08:01 AM
May be we need banners that say Fire Mo or Mo's gotta go

I think that until the entire story is out, we need to stay pro-Dichio instead of anti-someone else.

Obviously they will understand our stance, and I think it's better to show our support of Danny
instead of showing our displeasure in other things. That would make us look like whiners
(and we all know how easy it is to tune out the people who do nothing but gripe)

once the full story comes out (which I believe it will), then we can modify our course of action if needed.

arbogast
09-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I think the issue is, they can't just sign Danny on now, as an assistant until they settle who will be the head coach going forward.

Frankly, I fully expect that Cummins will be back next year whether we make it to the playoffs of not. (Since when has winning been an employment objective with MLSE)

However, until that is settled, I expect no decision can be made with Danny unless it happens to be an off field management type position.

BINGO! Finally a rational voice.

He can't sign a contract to coach an expanded Academy either, if the new Academy details haven't even been put in to place. There are no available coaching positions for him to be appointed to!!!!!!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
I think that until the entire story is out, we need to stay pro-Dichio instead of anti-someone else.

theres enough leaking out that i personally feel that ML$E need to be pro-dichio instead of anti-dichio. my number one complaint with this board is that it is a lynch mob like no other, but in this instance i have no problem with the masses - who have been nothing but pro-dichio all along - being anti-ML$E on this.....theyve (ML$E) dug this hole themselves.

once the full story comes out (which I believe it will), then we can modify our course of action if needed.

adapt once 'settled'?

so, in other words, pathetically reactionary, just like ML$E?

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 08:22 AM

Disbelief maybe?

someone once described a situation as....

"bizzare?........shocking?.......appalling, maybe?"

that applies here......

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
BINGO! Finally a rational voice.

He can't sign a contract to coach an expanded Academy either, if the new Academy details haven't even been put in to place. There are no available coaching positions for him to be appointed to!!!!!!!

youre missing the point.

verbal, even IMPLIED support of dichio....ANYTHING....is whats needed from management at this juncture. not ignoring him like some leper until he crawls off the property to the urine-soaked curb. because thats certainly the message being given right now.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
so, in other words, pathetically reactionary, just like ML$E?

'in other words' that I didn't say.

we have to look at an actual timeframe.

Sept 12th match - It's Dichio Day, we are 100% behind the guy with out support.

October 10, 17, 24 - we can use any of those days to make a different statement.

olegunnar
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM

Disbelief maybe?

This is weird. Appalling? Bizarre maybe?

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
... until he crawls off the property to the urine-soaked curb.

it's only urine soaked because of Technorb post-Cletic game.

ensco
09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Amended theory from Old Striker:

Mo was going to release Dichio, over some sort of disagreement that relates to Dichio's coaching ambitions and relationships. It wasn't roster spots or rules that would have caused the release, it was the disagreement, but Mo was going to use the Van Dijk signing as an excuse to release Dichio, but then it fell through, or the storm here caused a change of heart by Mo.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Amended theory from Old Stryker:

Mo was going to release Dichio, over some sort of disagreement that relates to Dichio's coaching ambitions and relationships. It wasn't roster spots or rules that would have caused the release, it was the disagreement, but Mo was going to use the Van Dijk signing as an excuse to release Dichio, but then it fell through, or the storm here caused a change of heart by Mo.

problem with your theory: You think Mo has a heart.

:Dj/k

ensco
09-04-2009, 08:40 AM

I might edit that last line to say: "or Mo realized he was about to do something so stupid that it would cause the suits up at the MLSE mothership, otherwise fixated on the Balsillie mess, to question what the hell Mo was thinking"

wzhxvy
09-04-2009, 08:41 AM
If MO even considered releasing DD he should be held accountable.

Belfast_Boy
09-04-2009, 08:56 AM
No class! Danny has told everyone that'll listen that he wants to stay. If there's no hope of that then somebody at the club should have told him. he's getting no time on the field, we're being fed stupid stories about why he's not travelling with the team and when he does travel he doesn't get a minute on.

nice! well done MLSE. Let the man go out with some dignity.

put these words together however you see fit: DOUCHE, A, MO, BAG, IS! (yup, went drinking with KD last night...)

yes I've defended Mo in the past, been wrong before and it'll probably happen again.

S_D
09-04-2009, 08:57 AM

Problem with your theory #2, you assume MLSE really cares that much about what supporters think unless it may affect the bottom line.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 08:59 AM
again, read my example about JYD on the previous page.

felipe
09-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Fuck I have to say something but its already been said by many others, for so long...

infuckinexcusable if Dichio leaves.

I'm already irritated by the way 'loyalty' has been returned to some members at this club by MLSE and Mo - Carver situation, perceived slaps in the face to robbo and brennan, even the release of Sutton (I know its a business, but still...)

- a club is nothing without history - MLSE should be working to create some instead of forcing it out the door

I know they will lose interest in this market if they don't do right by Danny - with 24 hour access to world soccer via our satellite dishes, TFC can quickly become an afterthought to many...

ensco
09-04-2009, 09:10 AM
again, read my example about JYD on the previous page.

The bringing back of these sorts of guys tends to come with regime change, and tends to be part of a PR campaign. If I recall correctly, JYD was brought back into the fold pretty much the same day Babcock was let go.

olegunnar
09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I know they will lose interest in this market if they don't do right by Danny - with 24 hour access to world soccer via our satellite dishes, TFC can quickly become an afterthought to many...

:hump:

Shakes McQueen
09-04-2009, 09:16 AM
If Dichio simply wants to go elsewhere to play another year or professional football in the USL, and then retire and take a position with the club - I understand that, and can accept it.

But if Mo et al. just let him walk away from the club for good, without even offering him some sort of position within the organization, I will be beyond angry.

I tend to lean towards being "understanding" of a lot of the things MLSE does, but this would be unforgiveable to me. Completely unforgiveable.

- Scott

T.Reis
09-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Hold on everyone!

I usually like K.Jack's stuff but this is just blowing hot water.

There's interest from USL clubs - No Shit!
He MIGHT leave TFC
He MIGHT sell his home here in Toronto.

Sorry, but the headline seemed to indicate he was leaving, but the article is really for-shadowing what MIGHT happen. It did say that it will depend on what type of roll TFC will offer him.

Let's all realx until the big man actually says and/or does something. The last thing this young squad needs is an uprising by the voices during a playoff push.

arbogast
09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
youre missing the point.

verbal, even IMPLIED support of dichio....ANYTHING....is whats needed from management at this juncture. not ignoring him like some leper until he crawls off the property to the urine-soaked curb. because thats certainly the message being given right now.

I get your point, but what is there to comment on right now? there's been no anouncement of academy expansion, any comment about keeping him at the team is pure conjecture - keeping him for what? Mo talks out of the side of his mouth anyway, so it's not like him coming saying we'd like to keep him means a lick of shit anyway.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Mo talks out of the side of his mouth anyway....

ever notice that CC talks out of one side or the other, but never the center?
I don't mean metaphorically, I mean he actually talk funny.

canadian_bhoy
09-04-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm wearing my Dich face on the 12th to support DD.

Forget the passion the people here all have for Danny - MLSE will be turning their nose on a guy who has significant playing experience at one of the highest levels of football in the world.

One thing everyone knows about DD is that he's got more 'football sense' and instinct than any of our other players put together. Wouldn't MLSE want someone running their academy or youth teams who can bring something to the table that most coaches (especially NA coaches) cannot? The guy went to the FA Cup final FFS! (suspended for the match though :( )

TOBOR !
09-04-2009, 09:38 AM
[late to thread] - all I got from that article is that some un-named coach said he'd be interested in Danny, that Danny keeps in touch with Adrian Heath and that he hasn't been offered a contract / position beyond this year yet.

I've got a feeling that they won't let Danny go.

Blizzard
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM
But like I said before (and got a warning for it because of what I called poor MO), this is very simple...DD is not going to take over from MO next year even if MO gets fired...thats not a realistic option, so I just do not understand why MO would be threatened by him. To me, this is about class, and treating people right. DD has done nothing but deserve a chance. I am not saying give him a job for life, but I think he has at least earned the right to try. This is really pissing me off.

Why does it have to be an issue of "threatened"? Maybe they just don't like each other!

B

canadian_bhoy
09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I get your point, but what is there to comment on right now? there's been no anouncement of academy expansion, any comment about keeping him at the team is pure conjecture - keeping him for what? Mo talks out of the side of his mouth anyway, so it's not like him coming saying we'd like to keep him means a lick of shit anyway.

MLSE have proven numerous times this season that burying their head in the sand and letting supporters speculate DOES NOT WORK. Fans aren't as dumb as they thing we are (you can also substitute dumb for "bunch of drunks").

canadian_bhoy
09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
[late to thread] - all I got from that article is that some un-named coach said he'd be interested in Danny, that Danny keeps in touch with Adrian Heath and that he hasn't been offered a contract / position beyond this year yet.

I've got a feeling that they won't let Danny go.

KJ has been on the ball numerous times with MLS/TFC info. I get the impression that he is trying to say a hell of a lot more with this article than what he has written.

This whole situation makes me so angry. There is a part of me that wants him to sign with one of those USL teams as a player manager and come back to TO and ram it down our throats in the V-Cup.

C.Ronaldo
09-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I nominate Dichio for the RPB CSL club president

Darlofletch
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Get there early enough, player introuductions.

in goal number 24 stefan.....DICHIO!
in defence number 16 Marvell....DICHIO!
number 3 Nana......DICHIO!

etc etc.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 09:53 AM
^ I don't like the idea of not supporting the rest of the team players.

(I know it's mostly a joke, but not one we should take lightly)

Darlofletch
09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
someone once described a situation as....

"bizzare?........shocking?.......appauling, maybe?"

that applies here......

is that spelling mistake deliberate? if so, bravo!

wzhxvy
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I agree that KJ is trying to say more with the story and tried to create a story by weaving these pieces of information. We all know there is more to this but no one is talking for whateve reason...so lets not pretend that we are just pissed about what the article says...

Oh and one more thing, dont you dare give me the excuse of they dont know what job to offer him...are you kidding me ? All they have to say is that DD will have a job with this club, we are going to sit down with him at the end of the season and determine where he can add most value....some crap like that...no one is saying seal the deal now...this is so FUCKING SIMPLE if people were being honest and open on what is going on...but we get lies, second hand stories, reporters writing vague articles because they cant get anyone on the record...thats whats going on...lets get real.

Darlofletch
09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
While bored at work a couple of days ago and randomly surfing twitter, i ended up at Big bruva's, and was intrigued by this.

"Anyone got any links for Blackberrys? I need one asap. Whats really going on with TFC behind the cenes omg shocking just shocking2:03 AM Aug 29th (http://twitter.com/BigBruva/status/3622431025) from web"

It seemed like Dichio speculation had been shut down by the mods so i didn't bother posting it then, but now it seems appropriate.

neuf
09-04-2009, 10:05 AM
While bored at work a couple of days ago and randomly surfing twitter, i ended up at Big bruva's, and was intrigued by this.

"Anyone got any links for Blackberrys? I need one asap. Whats really going on with TFC behind the cenes omg shocking just shocking2:03 AM Aug 29th (http://twitter.com/BigBruva/status/3622431025) from web"

It seemed like Dichio speculation had been shut down by the mods so i didn't bother posting it then, but now it seems appropriate.

CarlRobinson33 (http://twitter.com/CarlRobinson33)I wonder what today holds in store. No doubt there will be a suprise or two!!11 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/CarlRobinson33/status/3758187557) from txt (http://help.twitter.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=75)

canadian_bhoy
09-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I get the impression that TFC is "guy dumping" dichio.

i.e. They treat him like complete ass until he dumps them. That way they get to print an article that said "Danny made the decision to go to XYZ USL team and we wish him all the best".

Translation - We F'd him and let Mo do whatever he wants so he left.

Stryker
09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
While I can appreciate the calm cool lets just wait for the facts approach to this story, the truth is that if Danny gets the bums rush out the door, reacting after the deed is done will be completely futile.
It may show our displeasure with the FO, but it won't do Danny a lick of good.
Thats the exact reason they're trying to keep this hush hush.

wzhxvy
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
What is going on !!!!!!!???????????????

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
"guy dumping"

it's not just guys who do that; there are some girls who use that approach too.
either way, it's not just spineless and underhanded, it's absolute bullshit.

no self respecting adult should act like that, certainly not one who cares about their reputation (as a person or a professional)

DangerRed
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Everything about this story just makes me sad.:(

Pachuco
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
For the love of god if MLSE knows what they are doing they would make Dichio the face of TFC for years to come.

Beach_Red
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM

This is tough, though. Too much heart can sink a team, not enough can sink a team.

The Leafs gave up too much to bring back Wendell Clark because fans loved him.

We may not like it, but this is a business and these kinds of articles are usually planted by agents.

As soon as a player says, "I'll only play for ____," his contract goes way down. As soon as a club says, "We'll give ____ whatever it takes," his contract goes way up.

It's business.

Dichio's agent has seen what fan reaction will be and is probably using it to get a bigger contract. Okay, fine, that's his job and that's the way it's done these days.

rocker
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
i just read the Kristian Jack report... i'm not sure i like his positioning of certain elements side by side.

for example, he says Dichio "appears to be looking for employment elsewhere" but the next paragraph is about USL teams contacting him about employment. There's nothing in the article related to Dichio looking (appearing or otherwise) for employment elsewhere.

Also, Jack implies the team has not consulted with Dichio about any future employment, but provides no confirmation of that as fact from sources. A simple "my sources tell me...." would be better than nothing. Right now it reads very loosely.

Pookie
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Just to play the other side of the coin here and explore this article without emotion. KJ didn't exactly say this was a done deal.

"Sources within two USL clubs told me this week that they have contacted Danny after he was controversially left out of the club's recent trip to Los Angeles"

I was contacted by a competitive company a few weeks ago. That doesn't mean I'm leaving... just that I was contacted.

"Since then I have now discovered other clubs are seriously touting him and it appears a very strong possibility that Toronto FC management will allow Dichio to leave at the end of the season..."

Again, this is opinion mixed with the "news" that other clubs are interested in him.

"... rather than offer him a contract as a coach/ambassador, something they have still not done."

This is fact. No contract, yet.

By all accounts, some of the speculation might turn out to be correct in the end and MLSE will have screwed over a potential ambassador. But as of today, Dichio hasn't accepted a job anywhere.

The only news in this story is that other teams have expressed interest in him and he has no contract offer yet from TFC. I have 12 reps that work for me and they are good. I'll bet that each one has been approached by some company over the last 6 months. If I got anxious each time that happened, I'd never function as a manager.

Just let the story play out. Nothing has happened.... yet.

Redcoe15
09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
:puke:

That's all I can say about this. Really.

Stryker
09-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Its the curse of the kit unveil. One by one they all disappear within a year.
*cue spooky music

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/3083431763_d835953b3b.jpg

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 10:35 AM
is that spelling mistake deliberate? if so, bravo!

no just bad spelling lol..........he's got nothing to do with this......I think......

MadameTFC
09-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Dichio just twittered that he's off to Denver....

Rudi
09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
This is the company that was happy to piss off Dave Keon 25 years, obviously personal sacrifice means nothing to them. If Dichio is pushed aside, then my relationship with this team is over.
Hardly defending anyone here, but MLSE never existed 25 years ago.

That which you speak of was all Harold Ballard.

Beach_Red
09-04-2009, 10:53 AM
The only news in this story is that other teams have expressed interest in him and he has no contract offer yet from TFC. I have 12 reps that work for me and they are good. I'll bet that each one has been approached by some company over the last 6 months. If I got anxious each time that happened, I'd never function as a manager.

Exactly. That's why I think this is negotiating. This is one of your managers letting you know they've been approached without actually saying it to you.

Everyone involved has been very open about the fact it was Mo who talked to Danny about getting his coaching certification. Moving from MLS player to coach is something Mo knows something about.

I really don't want to hate on my team OR its players.

This is business between agents, that's all it is.

ensco
09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
^The problem with the "it's business as usual" thesis is the context and history. We know there's turmoil. It's beyond discussing at this point. So even if the story doesn't say much, it's existence is meaningful.

Mo has been conspicuous with his silence for weeks now. Is he fighting for his job here?

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Its the curse of the kit unveil. One by one they all disappear within a year.
*cue spooky music

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/3083431763_d835953b3b.jpg

who's the guy in the gray jersey behind Dichio?
OMG... they even photoshopped him out of the picture!
It's a ghost image and his memory has been erased!!!

oh wait... it's just a mannequin. (who still could have scored that goal Cunny missed)

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Mo has been conspicuous with his silence for weeks now. Is he fighting for his job here?

you would figure that his record isn't working for him.

scooter
09-04-2009, 10:59 AM

+1

fn bullsh*t

just read some more of the thread----posturing ? maybe

Derko
09-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Interesting story, I really like Dichio and hope he is treated respectfully after this season, Journalists tend to embellish an awful lot just to make a story, really now the oldest line in the book, 'Coach didn't want me to use his name, because he felt uncomfortable speaking of a player still under contract', if he said that to you, then he was talking about a player under contract, you contradicted yourself.
Gossip mongers, Is this the Daily Mirror
I would rather wait and see what happens.

Just my opinion.
Cheers

canadian_bhoy
09-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Dichio just twittered that he's off to Denver....

Flight to the western US AND the altitude? ....oh wait, Cummins already admitted that was a load of BS.

Section 117
09-04-2009, 11:05 AM
I think Mo is in hiding or in one if his supposed scouting trips.

I would bet on him be in hiding cause if I saw that drunk on the street I would hammer him. Cause there is zero excuse to treat Danny like this. I am convinced that he ha the board rapped around his fingers and cause MLSE knows nothing about soccer.

I wish I could get a meeting with Mo and Cummins and ask them WTF

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM

"Blame it on Rio"

Beach_Red
09-04-2009, 11:09 AM
^The problem with the "it's business as usual" thesis is the context and history. We know there's turmoil. It's beyond discussing at this point. So even if the story doesn't say much, it's existence is meaningful.

He better be. I mean, his job better not be safe right now.

I hope there's a lot going on behind the scenes. I hope someone is saying that the team needs a more experienced head coach and they're looking for one. But can a GM with limited time left on a contract offer a longer term contract to a coach? At MLSE, I mean, would they allow that?

There are probably some ramifications about not landing JDG and one of the most serious is the fact that TFC can't simply offer more mony and a longer contract than other teams. That may take a while to digest in the MLSE board room. And it may also apply to coaches.

Like I said, I have an agent in my job, I like her a lot she's very nice, but if she was Danny's agent right now she'd be using this situation to her best advantage. She'd be trying to get a long-term, high-paying contract out of a club that, as you say, is in turmoil and needs him more than he needs them. Because, it is true, he could walk into the AustinAztecs head coaching job tomorrow and two years from now coach at pretty much any MLS club.

Danny's not saying anything, likely because his agent told him not to. Because if he said something like, "I only want to be with TFC," the offer would stay low.

And if anybody realizes that, it's Mo.

scooter
09-04-2009, 11:13 AM
i know danny has taken over the job of technical director for the thornhill soccer club does anybody know if that is short or long term ?

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 11:13 AM

I would bet on him be in hiding cause if I saw that drunk on the street I would hammer him. Cause there is zero excuse to treat Danny like this. I am convinced that he ha the board rapped around his fingers and cause MLSE knows nothing about soccer.

I wish I could get a meeting with Mo and Cummins and ask them WTF

ding ding we have a winner!

andyc
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
i know danny has taken over the job of technical director for the thornhill soccer club does anybody know if that is short or long term ?

My understanding is that it's long term but depends on him continuing to be in Toronto. The Thornhill technical director role is definitely not a full time job (read pay) for Danny though...

ensco
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I am convinced that he ha the board rapped around his fingers and cause MLSE knows nothing about soccer.

I used to think this but, why the silence? Has Mo overreached?

Maybe Mo is Caesar, but Robinson, Brennan and Dichio are the triumvirate.

Approaching an "et tu Danny" moment?

spark
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Hardly defending anyone here, but MLSE never existed 25 years ago.

That which you speak of was all Harold Ballard.

MLSE changed their name from MLGL - same company, and Ballard was a part of MLGL.

So we can say they've been screwing over fans for 30 years :)

Phil
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
MLSE changed their name from MLGL - same company, and Ballard was a part of MLGL.

Regardless, Ballard was in total control of that and ruined many relationships with his attitude and disrespect.

When he passed away things changed quite a bit on the ownership side.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 11:24 AM

right, but at least before there was a face to put behind the ownership (Ballard then Stavros), a single person to voice displeasure to......our ownership is now faceless and cares only about the bottom line....

TFC07
09-04-2009, 11:25 AM
So is there going to be some kind of protest now?

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 12:02 PM
So is there going to be some kind of protest now?

no.

what we are going to do is simple. We are using the game on the 12th to celebrate Dichio and show our appreciation for all he's done for the team.

as more news comes out, then things might change, but for now keep it positive for Danny.

English Rachel
09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I am dead inside

Technorgasm
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Legend Tfc = Dichio

Lucky Strike
09-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I used to think this but, why the silence? Has Mo overreached?

Maybe Mo is Caesar, but Robinson, Brennan and Dichio are the triumvirate.

Approaching an "et tu Danny" moment?

Class. It almost makes reading this thread worth it.

Stryker
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
MLSR has picked up the story from the Footy Blog.
If nothing else it'll be interesting to see what some of the numpties from other team fan bases think of the situation.

fetajr
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I dont see what the big deal is here, let him retire, let him go

How is Danny D our hero? It looks like he's been glorified beyond imaginable proportions

Pachuco
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM

How is Danny D our hero? It looks like he's been glorified beyond imaginable proportions

Ironic statement considering your avatar.

flatpicker
09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
^ zing

Cashcleaner
09-04-2009, 12:44 PM

Here's a better question. How is he NOT our hero?

Roogsy
09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
KJ has been on the ball numerous times with MLS/TFC info. I get the impression that he is trying to say a hell of a lot more with this article than what he has written.

This whole situation makes me so angry. There is a part of me that wants him to sign with one of those USL teams as a player manager and come back to TO and ram it down our throats in the V-Cup.

Exactly. I wish more people would see this side of the coin.

For those that say "let's wait until the big man says something"...I hope that doesn't mean you will wait until the big man says "goodbye" because my guess is that he won't say anything until this has been concluded, happily or not for the fans.

fetajr
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Here's a better question. How is he NOT our hero?

this doesn't answer my original question... however, I don't feel a true hero on the field has put on a TFC jersey yet. Maybe my expectation of hero is different from yours, but with Dichio, i feel the bar was set pretty low in our declaration of hero.

Roogsy
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
^ You will be waiting for a long time.

My guess is your TFC hero will have to be some celeb douchebag like Beckham.

No thanks. I will take Danny, a player with heart and dedication. If you don't see the qualities that makes Danny a legend, then I pity you.

fetajr
09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
^
My guess is your TFC hero will have to be some celeb douchebag like Beckham.

hahahaha..thats too funny.

up to this point, my hero would be a coach/manager that knows much more to football, than just instilling a longball-boot-it-up-the-field-hope-for-the-best type game that MO and his sub-ordinates have brought.

any coach/manager that makes TFC play a possession attacking brand of football would be MY HERO

wzhxvy
09-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe its true but I somehow dont see MO being in trouble here...if he was then why the 3 year extension that is all but confirmed. I thought that came from good sources. If that is not true then that really changes things but if it is...then well I think I have said enough on this topic for now.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe its true but I somehow dont see MO being in trouble here...if he was then why the 3 year extension that is all but confirmed. I thought that came from good sources. If that is not true then that really changes things but if it is...then well I think I have said enough on this topic for now.

because the people above Mo in our FO know even less about the sport than he does......

pank
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
If Dichio does not remain with Toronto in some capacity after the year is over, it will be a huge, huge disappointment for me.

I remember watching on TV the Chicago game in 2007 on television, still sort of new to soccer. The moment Dichio scored and the cushions came down I became hooked. Having him involved in the scrum several minutes later sealed it for me. This big English guy who reminded me of a hockey player playing soccer became a hero.

He also scored the first ever TFC goal I saw live (June 08 vs Colorado...I only went to games during the scoreless streak in year 1). The guy always worked hard, always played hard, scored clutch goals, is good around the community, seems personable and really is one of the few guys who gives a consistent effort game in and game out. You know what you will get from Dichio: a guy who will cause havoc on defenses and who scores at a rate better than pretty much else we have ever had (De Ro excluded).

So for all those reasons, the guy deserves a proper sendoff. He doesn't deserve to be shown the door like he is (if in fact all that we are speculating is true). Thank goodness he is remaining classy in what has to be a slap in the face to him. Some players will remain legends long after they retire, and Dichio will no doubt be one of TFC's all time greats decades after he has stopped playing.

Roogsy
09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Great friggin' post.

English Rachel
09-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I <3 Danny, I always have and I always will.

Stryker
09-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I remember watching on TV the Chicago game in 2007 on television, still sort of new to soccer. The moment Dichio scored and the cushions came down I became hooked. Having him involved in the scrum several minutes later sealed it for me. This big English guy who reminded me of a hockey player playing soccer became a hero.

X 100 000

You just descibed me to a tee. Well done.

Beach_Red
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM

I think you're right, he's not in trouble, he's in negotiations. When he made such a big offer to JDG he showed that TFC has money to spend. Dichio's agent won't let him say, "I only want to be in Toronto," because it's business and that would lower the amount offered.

And if anybody knows this, it's Mo.

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 01:30 PM
because the people above Mo in our FO know even less about the sport than he does......

yep, from here on in, all important decisions will be made by the collective voice of the internets.

for the record, I think MO knows quite a bit about football. He just also knows quite a bit about the politics and the business side too.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Dichio is everything I wish all our players would be! One thing that always stands out for me is not the first goal or even the last goal in year 1.....it was a cold rainy night last May v DCU.......
Dichio's goal with a man draped all over him, pulling him down and rather than take what would surely be a penalty, used his instincts to stick his leg out while falling and score, followed by his trimphant corner flag raising celebration!

That to me defines everything I want in a TFC player.......how FO could be blind to it is just crazy.

And that is just one instance of what he means to the supporters.....I don't understand how anybody can question what he means to us or ask for reasoning.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 01:35 PM
yep, from here on in, all important decisions will be made by the collective voice of the internets.

for the record, I think MO knows quite a bit about football. He just also knows quite a bit about the politics and the business side too.

not saying that either.......I just think there's people who don't understand the sport in the higher levels of our club......

for someone who is supposed to have such extreme knowledge of MLS, I don't understand how it would take Mo 5 years to build a winner.....he should have a head start IMO......

Roogsy
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Dichio has done with smarts and will despite not having the speed and athleticism of the rest of the strikers this team has paraded through BMO Field in 3 seasons.

Roogsy
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
for someone who is supposed to have such extreme knowledge of MLS, I don't understand how it would take Mo 5 years to build a winner.....he should have a head start IMO......

A winner? We have even reached the position of "contender" yet! At this rate, a "winner" in 5 years is a pipe dream.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
A winner? We have even reached the position of "contender" yet! At this rate, a "winner" in 5 years is a pipe dream.

I agree with you :hump:.......all the more reason to question him.....

Chewy Unikronik
09-04-2009, 01:39 PM

Ironic statement considering your avatar.
:hump::hump::hump:

Parkdale
09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
not saying that either.......I just think there's people who don't understand the sport in the higher levels of our club......

I know, It was a joke mostly.

Mo does know football, and he does know the particular slant of MLS football.
I just wish that all the negative factors (turf, carver leaving, cunny etc etc etc)
could be cleared away so that we could say that our lack of performance is 100% due to ______.

Beach_Red
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
My biggest fear with TFC was that it would turn into the Leafs, getting rid of good players because for some reason the fans turned against them (like Larry Murphy) and keeping players long ater they should have gotten rid of them because they were fan favourites (like Wendell Clark).

TorontoBlades
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I <3 Danny, I always have and I always will.

+1000

I thought heroes passed with childhood until I found one in the MLS of all places

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I know, It was a joke mostly.

Mo does know football, and he does know the particular slant of MLS football.
I just wish that all the negative factors (turf, carver leaving, cunny etc etc etc)
could be cleared away so that we could say that our lack of performance is 100% due to ______.

fair enough.....but there's a difference between having knowledge and the application of it......

Stryker
09-04-2009, 01:45 PM
keeping players long ater they should have gotten rid of them because they were fan favourites (like Wendell Clark).

You're kidding right?

Nevermind I don't want to throw this thread off topic. Despite how outlandish what you said is.

Beach_Red
09-04-2009, 01:49 PM

What are you basing this on? I'm just curious. The only other team I've seen start from scratch is San Jose. I wasn't following the league when RSL started, but they aren't champions yet.

Still, I think TFC should be closer to the top than it is.

TFC Tifoso
09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
What are you basing this on? I'm just curious. The only other team I've seen start from scratch is San Jose. I wasn't following the league when RSL started, but they aren't champions yet.

Basing what on?

TFC07
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
My biggest fear with TFC was that it would turn into the Leafs, getting rid of good players because for some reason the fans turned against them (like Larry Murphy) and keeping players long ater they should have gotten rid of them because they were fan favourites (like Wendell Clark).

Sadly, a lot of TFC fans are Leaf fans as well. So don't be surprise you start seeing this in the future.

KShep121
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM

The leafs traded Wendel Clark after his best season (46 goals) when they realized that his body was starting to wear out. They traded him for a player 5 years younger (some guy named Mats Sundin) in one of the best trades in leaf history. FYI

Understand your point but both are terrible examples; Larry Murphy was also well past his prime when they acquired and traded him.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM

TFC is where a 3rd year team should be fighting for a playoff spot, and struggling to do so, expecting a young franchise to be anywhere near higher then we are with the limited talent on the team is just wrong.
next season will be the one where we start climbing the league tables,
not this one..

Oblio2
09-04-2009, 02:50 PM
The leafs traded Wendel Clark after his best season (46 goals) when they realized that his body was starting to wear out. They traded him for a player 5 years younger (some guy named Mats Sundin) in one of the best trades in leaf history. FYI

Understand your point but both are terrible examples; Larry Murphy was also well past his prime when they acquired and traded him.

Larry Murphy was used in a wrong way........It wasn't a bad move, aquiring him. Just crap with how they used him as a player

ensco
09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
There is one ex Leaf who reminds me a bit of Dichio in terms of his relationship with the fans:

Eddie Shack.

The oldtimers on here will remember the chants of "We want Shack" at the Gardens, and the way the crowd roared when he stepped on the ice, even if the Leafs were losing 8-0

We're talking 35 or 38 years ago. Bad Leaf teams. Great memories though.

spark
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Haha I don't go back that far but do remember "We want Smith" chants in the mid 80s. And that was a BAD team!

Dirk Diggler
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
In Mo We Trust.

You guys are too impatient. We have to wait for his 5 + x year plan to come to a conclusion before forming an opinion about him ... clearly he knows what he is doing ...

S_D
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
In Mo We Trust.

you know that if it is repeated enough it is usually the kiss of death :D

Better order your In Mo We Trust scarves!

TFC USA
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
TFC is where a 3rd year team should be fighting for a playoff spot, and struggling to do so, expecting a young franchise to be anywhere near higher then we are with the limited talent on the team is just wrong.
next season will be the one where we start climbing the league tables,
not this one..

Seattle and Chivas USA would like to have a word with you.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Seattle and Chivas USA would like to have a word with you.

but Seattle is not the same kind of expasnion team that TFC was..they has years of USL experience to count on in building their MLS franchise.
TFC had to start from scratch. Seattle is now starting to fall back to earth a bit, Chivas as well after their good start. Even Vancouver will have a big jump on us being around for awhile before MLS entry? This is where MLS should set a rule for any clubs entering from USL they can bring up 3 players from that league the rest have to be drafted or traded for.

TFC USA
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
The MLS is a league where a team can make the MLS Cup like the Shit Bulls and manage to have a clusterfuck the year after.

Don't act like it's impossible. This is a league of parity and expansion teams, if run well, will ALWAYS have a shot.

BFin
09-04-2009, 05:25 PM

I question how this has anything to do with TFC? We use less older players and more young guys? What does this have to do with ANYTHING?

neuf
09-04-2009, 05:54 PM
The MLS is a league where a team can make the MLS Cup like the Shit Bulls and manage to have a clusterfuck the year after.

Don't act like it's impossible. This is a league of parity and expansion teams, if run well, will ALWAYS have a shot.

You're feeding the troll.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-04-2009, 06:01 PM

so you saying Philadelphia should win the league next year followed by Vancouver the year later? Not likely i hope these two side suffer the same growing pains TFC has had to go through. Nothing is impossible, somethings take time though,

TFC USA
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Sweet mother of fuck I concede. My brain has had enough of this shit.

In other news: JDG MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

billygrieveuk
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I know the guy is a legend.
but after he retires, what is he suppose to do here?
dj at halftime?

I think tfc should keep him on somehow,
but as what? can he coach?

maybe going to austin and learning from a friend makes complete sense....

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I know the guy is a legend.
but after he retires, what is he suppose to do here?
dj at halftime?

I think tfc should keep him on somehow,
but as what? can he coach?

maybe going to austin and learning from a friend makes complete sense....

TFC needs an U-21 team in the USL, make DD the manager. this team would give the academy players something to shoot for and give more
younger Canadian players a chance to play competitive football.

DoubleUp
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I think Dichio should get coaching gig with academy, but with that being some you guys are really on his Danny Dichio and should really consider giving him some room to put his shorts on for next game.

Darlofletch
09-06-2009, 01:30 PM
"Danny Dichio saw his first action in several games, but like Ali Gerba who also came on in the second half, he made no impact. There's no big secret regarding Dichio by the way. What you might have been hearing about a rift between Dichio and Cummins, or Cummins being told not to play him is utter garbage. There is no sinister consipracy against Danny Dichio."

It's ok, hard hitting journalist Gerry Dobson says it's all utter garbage, move along, nothing to see here.

Beach_Red
09-06-2009, 02:04 PM

I was talking about bringing Clark back at the end of his career. Thefirst trade was a good onw, yes, but bringing him back because the fans demandedit wasn't. Like the Leafs brought Gilmour back at the end of his career. Fan favourites, sure, but they shouldn't have been brought back.

And when Murphy left the Leafs we had to watch him win the Cup with Detroit - twice.

This is what I mean. The Leafs seem to let fans make personel decisions - often terrible ones.

Fans think with their hearts and that's great for fans, but management shouldn't.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 06:09 PM
"Danny Dichio saw his first action in several games, but like Ali Gerba who also came on in the second half, he made no impact. There's no big secret regarding Dichio by the way. What you might have been hearing about a rift between Dichio and Cummins, or Cummins being told not to play him is utter garbage. There is no sinister consipracy against Danny Dichio."

It's ok, hard hitting journalist Gerry Dobson says it's all utter garbage, move along, nothing to see here.

He could be right? if there was a rift between Cummins and Dichio, DD would not have seen anymore playing time this year..im sure there is
a bit more to it then what Gerry Dobson thinks. i just dont thinks its a big to do as a certain cbc journalist? stirred up and refused to report on.
A journalist who has a story goes with it and doesnt hide behind it,
he doesnt work for TFC thus cant be fired, so if he has a story why not spill it he has nothing to lose IF there is a story..but his credibility will be shot to hell if at the end of this, if the story he said was big, but turns out to be nothing at all. It was reported on the game last night that DD
wifes is expecting, could this be why he hast been playing waiting for the arrival of the newest Dichio?

Pachuco
09-06-2009, 06:24 PM
TFC needs an U-21 team in the USL, make DD the manager. this team would give the academy players something to shoot for and give more
younger Canadian players a chance to play competitive football.

TFC can't put together an MLS team that can beat USL teams, but yet somehow, somehow, you think TFC can put together a U-21 team that can compete with USL teams? Dude, you make me laugh more and more everyday.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
TFC can't put together an MLS team that can beat USL teams, but yet somehow, somehow, you think TFC can put together a U-21 team that can compete with USL teams? Dude, you make me laugh more and more everyday.

we got to have a place for youn canadians to go..i didnt say they would be competitive in USL right off its just for devolpment long term. and really did you think TFC was going to knock out Puerto Rico? now that makes me laugh..a team that made it to the ccl semis??

Blizzard
09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
He could be right? if there was a rift between Cummins and Dichio, DD would not have seen anymore playing time this year..im sure there is
a bit more to it then what Gerry Dobson thinks. i just dont thinks its a big to do as a certain cbc journalist?
---edit--

Well, if there is a rift between DD and CC, they do a very good job of hiding it. They are both saying all the correct things to the point of DD referring to CC seemingly affectionately as "Chrissy" in yesterday's post-match video.

What will tell the tale is what happens to Dichio and whether or not there is a place for him in the organization once he hangs up the boots at the end of the season. If he's off to Texas to play/coach USL, it will be safe to assume that something has gone wrong here behind the scenes.

Personally, I think Dichio may be here in Toronto for a long time to come. I hope so anyway.

I'm staying away from those other comments.

ensco
09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Dobson is practically a house organ for the clubs.

I'll never forget how he fell all over himself to congratulate Saputo on his public slagging of Garber when he pulled the Montreal MLS expansion bid. There was nobody else in the entire universe who saw it as anything other than a fiasco for Montreal soccer fans, but good old Gerry could be counted on to tow the line.

Kaz
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm just curious is the FO trying to alienate all the supporters as fast as possible? I mean, crap product on the field and shafting beloved personalities? I'm really confused as to what Mo and the FO are thinking this year.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, if there is a rift between DD and CC, they do a very good job of hiding it. They are both saying all the correct things to the point of DD referring to CC seemingly affectionately as "Chrissy" in yesterday's post-match video.

What will tell the tale is what happens to Dichio and whether or not there is a place for him in the organization once he hangs up the boots at the end of the season. If he's off to Texas to play/coach USL, it will be safe to assume that something has gone wrong here behind the scenes.

Personally, I think Dichio may be here in Toronto for a long time to come. I hope so anyway.

I'm staying away from those other comments.

i think DD will be here for a while too, either with the academy or as an
a asst with the first team...Hell maybe even Canadian national team boss too? ok maybe thats a stretch .

ensco
09-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Ben Knight on It's Called Football today....

Around minute 5: "I'm not in a position to name names, but there was a rift in the dressing room over Dichio's playing time. Dichio was about to be released pre Chivas game but someone above Mo intervened to keep him on, and Dichio traveled to Seattle to appease the fans."

Around minute 16: "Is DeRo not feeding Barrett? Watch that. ".....Ben goes on to wonder if it's part of the Dichio locker room thing

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/310911

Shaughno
09-15-2009, 07:16 AM
^^ It wouldn't surprise me. DeRo and Barrett haven't exactly shown each other any love that I've noticed...

Ossington Mental Youth
09-15-2009, 07:22 AM
ah kk, i was wondering who DeRo disliked (ie hoping it wasnt our boy Dichio, woulda broke my heart)

Shaughno
09-15-2009, 07:29 AM
^^ I would think Barrett was against Dichio and DeRo probably stood up for him. Assuming it went down something like that anyway.

ensco
09-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Fascinating to me that someone "above Mo" had the kind of awareness of this to intervene. Does Anselmi read the boards?

btw could it be that DeRo isn't feeding Barrett because Barrett can't score?

Shaughno
09-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Is Paul considered above Mo? Does he have that kind of pull?

canadian_bhoy
09-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Is Paul considered above Mo? Does he have that kind of pull?

I think paul is - I'm not sure though. Tom Anselmi certainly is and is smart enough to know what an asset Dichio was(is) to this club.

I know that Paul is involved with the player contracts, but I have no idea if Tom A has to put his Herbie Hancock on there as well.

Either way, it's good to hear that someone has Mo on a leash (though slightly concerning that the business side can have such a strong voice in on field decisions. In this case though - I'm happy they did and glad that common sense prevailed and Danny stayed.

Why couldn't barrett have retired?

Shaughno
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Well I can definitely see Cummins preferring Barret simply on the basis of age alone. Maybe DeRo got his back up about it, causing a rift. Who knows.

brad
09-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Either way, it's good to hear that someone has Mo on a leash (though slightly concerning that the business side can have such a strong voice in on field decisions. In this case though - I'm happy they did and glad that common sense prevailed and Danny stayed.

I'm pretty concerned about this as well. Right or wrong, the coaching staff should have complete authority on player related issues. If the decisions are bad, the issues with the coaching staff should be dealt with.

It never goes well when the FO starts messing directly with players/tactics/ect. It is a worrying sign.

Beach_Red
09-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm pretty concerned about this as well. Right or wrong, the coaching staff should have complete authority on player related issues. If the decisions are bad, the issues with the coaching staff should be dealt with.

It never goes well when the FO starts messing directly with players/tactics/ect. It is a worrying sign.

Yes, it really is worrying. It means the team can change managers all they want, but nothing will really change.

(but really, we've known this all along, haven't we?)