PDA

View Full Version : Autographs from TFC Players

TFCtoMUFC
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
So I plan on hounding the TFC game on the 12th afterwards. I have a brand new blog dedicated solely to autograph hounding. My first venture whilst having this blog will be at a TFC match, please read and comment.

http://gtahound.blogspot.com/

Stryker
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Autographs, stamp collecting, trips to Milwaukee.... what's the point?
Oh well. If thats what gets your motor runnin then giver I guess.

billyfly
09-02-2009, 11:13 PM
I got all the goal scorers for the 6-1 MTL game to sign the team picture of the trophy (twice)

I gave one to my son and one to my barber.

king dave
09-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Just came upon this thread and it's a good one!
I will post my entry after a few more beers.
KD.

TFCtoMUFC
09-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Just came upon this post and it's a good one!
I will post my entry after a few more beers.
KD.

should I be afraid or have I been warned about his response?

TFCtoMUFC
09-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I got all the goal scorers for the 6-1 MTL game to sign the team picture of the trophy (twice)

I gave one to my son and one to my barber.

Thats pretty sweet, and a cool score for your barber to boot.

king dave
09-02-2009, 11:31 PM
should I be afraid or have I been warned about his response?
Well, we'll see:drinking::drinking::drinking:.
KD.

TFCtoMUFC
09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Well, we'll see:drinking::drinking::drinking:.
KD.

Enjoy your beer and get back to me with a comment.

AL-MO
09-03-2009, 12:00 AM
I am not huge on autographs. One here, one there is fine(I got my Brennan scarf and Robo scarf signed in South Carolina) but I am not big on hounding nor do I like it.

Red CB Toronto
09-03-2009, 12:33 AM
I have an album of 4x6 photos signed by almost every player that has suited up with the Reds since their inception minus a few. It includes everyone from Danny Dichio to Rick Titus, Connor Casey to Carl Robinson, Hunter Freeman to Maurice Edu, you get the idea.

Hanging out with fellow supporters after the game outside the west side of the stadium before making the trek up to Joe's to talk up a big win with the Reds is great. All are very friendly for the most part and always have time for afew words etc. So all in all getting an autograph is really only a part of the total experience.

I got started off during the first season getting a few pics signed prior to the game and it kind of snowballed into what it is today.

cuecas_red
09-03-2009, 07:53 AM
I've got a few in the past....best bet is to wait outside gate 4 (west side like Cblake mentioned) and you should have no problem getting the players you listed in your blog. Some players escape out some of the other doors or well after fans have left so you might have to be patience

Parkdale
09-03-2009, 08:28 AM
looks like Dave never made it back.

I'm not big on autographs, but sometimes they are nice to have on a very special item.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/IMG_3575.jpg?t=1251984451

^ this is my one piece of autographed TFC swag (the complete inaugural season team)

TFCtoMUFC
09-03-2009, 09:04 AM
looks like Dave never made it back.

I'm not big on autographs, but sometimes they are nice to have on a very special item.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/IMG_3575.jpg?t=1251984451

^ this is my one piece of autographed TFC swag (the complete inaugural season team)

That is a sweet piece.

Brooker
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
never understood the fascination with autographs

whatever rocks your boat.

Roogsy
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Autographs don't do much for me. The only item I have is a signed ball by DeRo and that was more so I could meet the man rather than get the autograph.

TFCtoMUFC
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
never understood the fascination with autographs

whatever rocks your boat.

Its an even better feeling when you are fascinated with autographs but cant explain why. I guess it was because when I was really young my dad was in to autographed stuff and I just took up on it.

Klinsmann
09-05-2009, 06:48 PM
usually some TFC players are at the Jack Astors on John St after each game. Last time I dropped by after a TFC game, I got autographs from Vitti, Garcia, Wynne and Frei. (Dichio was there too).
This might be a good place to check out after the game. They have a TFC promo with cheap beers too.