PDA

View Full Version : July schedule

DavydMT
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
8 games in one month plus bs all star game - this will really create some problems for TO - who put's the schedule together?

July
07/01 - Tuesday Vancouver Whitecaps %
07/05 - Saturday Pachuca &
07/09 - Wednesday @ Vancouver Whitecaps %
07/12 - Saturday @ Chicago Fire 8:30 p.m.
07/15 - Tuesday Independiente &
07/19 - Saturday San Jose Earthquakes 3:00 p.m.
07/22 - Tuesday Montreal Impact %
07/28 - Monday @ Real Salt Lake 9:00 p.m.

nascarguy
06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
yeah it's fuck up i know dichio is going to get hurt

dichio does not need to play 07/05 - Saturday Pachuca & 07/15 - Tuesday Independiente
sould only play for haft of the game for 07/01 - Tuesday Vancouver Whitecaps & 07/09 - Wednesday @ Vancouver Whitecaps & 07/22 - Tuesday Montreal Impact

egoodwin
06-07-2008, 09:42 PM
ideally, Dichio won't need to play 9 or 22 if all goes to plan (mtl and van drawing both times), we can clinch it on July 1

Oldtimer
06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
ideally, Dichio won't need to play 9 or 22 if all goes to plan (mtl and van drawing both times), we can clinch it on July 1

If that's the case, Carver should play the reserves.

TOBOR !
06-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Two friendlies, three cup games and three league games. I kind of understand that you need to get the cup games in so CONCACAF can get on about scheduling the CL - but I don't see that they need to be crammed in to such a short timeframe - especially since we had a two week layoff in May. But those two friendlies 10 days apart are simply idiotic. When were they scheduled ? Ridiculous, I say. Sure, the squad is deeper, and our fitness program is miles better than last year, but this is deadly. This has the potential to kill the season. They say that we are to expect one of the hottest summers EVAR and we're playing at a rate of two games per week, not to mention a couple of poor sods playing in the ASG.

Mr. Winsper - let's see you weave your magic and get us out of July.

I'd really like to see the reserves line up against Pachuca and Independiente - or at least no-one appear in both (one or t'other).

David Monsalves ? C'mon down !

nfitz
06-07-2008, 11:48 PM
It's worse than 8 games in a month. It's 8 games in 25 days:

06/28 - Saturday @ New England Revolution
07/01 - Tuesday Vancouver Whitecaps %
07/05 - Saturday Pachuca &
07/09 - Wednesday @ Vancouver Whitecaps %
07/12 - Saturday @ Chicago Fire 8:30 p.m.
07/15 - Tuesday Independiente &
07/19 - Saturday San Jose Earthquakes 3:00 p.m.
07/22 - Tuesday Montreal Impact %

Hopefully they stick to the reserves for the Pachuca and Independiente games. Perhaps with a bit of luck we'll clinch the Champions League spot on July 1st, and the last 2 games won't be that serious - but that's asking a lot.

For anyone who does play in the All-Star game it could be 10 games in 31 days. Perhaps Toronto FC fans should be voting for non-Toronto FC players to ensure we get a rest!

SilverSamurai
06-08-2008, 12:27 AM
If the reserves play either Pachuca or Independiente, they WILL get killed.
I don't want to see injuries anymore then the next person, but would LOVE to see TFC take it to either of those teams.
I do agree though that however came up with this schedule needs to be smacked a bit.
Why not 1 friendly in June and the other in August or even September?

ExiledRed
06-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Not clever at all.

I cant even see the logic from a financial standpoint, surely they understand that fan spending is not infinite, and when you have five games in a month at home, that impacts personal budgets to the point that people start sacrificing games. The need to space games out more evenly isnt just for the players to recover, its for the fans wallets to recharge also.

The friendlies will be sacrificed by those who are strapped for either time or cash or both, when they could be big draws at the start of the season.

rocker
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
i think it would be difficult to get some of these teams at the start of our season, because the other countries' leagues are still underway. the july-august friendlies are more likely cuz that's when other leagues are on holidays.