PDA

View Full Version : The Chad Barrett appreciation thread

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Chad is a shining example of what the rest of the team should try to be like. He's a workhorse! Hear that Guevara, A WORKHORSE. the rest of thes epoeple can learn a thing or two from Chad!

we <3 chad!!!

TFC USA
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Chad is a shining example of what the rest of the team should try to be like

Work their asses off, create several chances, be on the receiving end of many chances, but rarely score?

Blazer
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rosa.l/tumbleweed_004.jpg

Whoop
09-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Hardest working player on the team!

Ladies Love Julius James
09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
He got us the goal in MTL LOL. Madd no massive props to Chad.

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Leave to Blazer to pump the positivity!!!

zeelaw
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Change the title too
"The Bad Charrett Appreciation Thread"

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey Bakcoff ZEE this is the APPRECIAITON thread. How is he suppose to score with al thebullshit people say about the guy? If 1000 people told me I was shit everyday before I came towork I think it might effect my preformance.

Ageroo
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Apreciation thread here guys.....if you don't appreciate....DON'T POST. :) Please respect the creator's thread.

Shway
09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rosa.l/tumbleweed_004.jpg

LOL

Chad is not a young boy, he is 24, nor is he a rookie to the league
lets say if he was Sanyang, Ibbeee, Gala, then it would be okay to say these things,
but other than that i agree with the "workhorse, but rarely scores"....

I expect better, untill then a single thread on appreciating Barret....can wait :o

Ageroo
09-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I will excuse the above post as it was probably written as I was typing mine....:)

Shway
09-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I will excuse the above post as it was probably written as I was typing mine....:)

:rolleyes:....you know me man lol

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Iknow everyone loves off Dero but c'mon the man's head is getting a little inflated. The Seatle preformance proved that! PASS THE BALL DERO!!!

Chad passes.

Just another example of why Chad is the man!

Hustle
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Who was that that sent De Ro in with a beautiful flick in seattle? That was Barrett!

pekduck
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
In Barrett We Trust!!!

He scored 2 goals for me in my TM game last night :D

And I have Barrett on my jersey so yes, he works really hard, give it all, all around great player (except for finishing, but it'll come at later age when he stop caring)

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Works his balls off, hates getting subbed off, and has been really effective as a winger. I think Barrett is great.

Never gets the credit he's owed, because now that he has the stigma of being a shitty player, people only see the mistakes (and look hard for them), and don't give him his due for the great qualities he can bring to our team.

I think the game in Seattle is a good illustration of the double standard Chad occasionally suffers from the fans. Had a couple of great flicks, and a few fantastic crosses (including a dangerous one that DeRo couldn't handle properly), and all many people focus on after the game, is the one cross he couldn't quite reach with his head.

We all wish he could finish better, and I'm sure he does too. But the guy deserves big respect from us. If all of our more technically gifted players ran themselves into the ground the way Chad does, our team would be 200% better.

He likes the city, he likes the fans, and he respects us by working as hard as he can while wearing our badge.

- Scott

Whoop
09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
DeRo has a bad game... yet you can't say that. He is a god.

Barrett has a good game... yet everyone still trashes him.

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Who was that that sent De Ro in with a beautiful flick in seattle? That was Barrett!

EXACTLY!! and who blew a gimmie chance THAT WAS DERO!!

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
EXACTLY!! and who blew a gimmie chance THAT WAS DERO!!

DeRo is great, and I can forgive the odd howler of a miss. But you make a good point.

If it had been Barrett that missed that chance, all we would hear on the site this week is about how "Barrett fucking sucks".

- Scott

Whoop
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Shhhh.... don't badmouth DeRo. They'll get 'ya.

craigtfc
09-01-2009, 03:45 PM
cough cough.... DeRo 9 goals 3 assist, barrett 4 goals 3 assist

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
cough cough.... DeRo 9 goals 3 assist, barrett 4 goals 3 assist

You can't meassure heart with numbers silly.

Whoop
09-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I guarantee if measured by goals per minute, they would actually be quite close.

BFin
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Dare we change our avatars to pictures of Barrett?

I think so.

Whoop
09-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Not yet.

Hustle
I'm not gonna badmouth anyone, but I am gonna say Barrett deserves to start again.

Cummins should tell him straight up front to run his nuts off for 45 minutes and then he will be subbed. There is no shame in that. We have lots of options and he should accept that is the best way he can help the team right now.

joel
THat header in Seattle, I can guarantee you no other forward would even have been there, Chad works hard and yes it's a shame his finishing isn't better. But he gets to the right places, that I see other forwards being too lazy to even bother.

BC101
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
ok... 2 things...
1.Chad Barrett is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!
2. He'll fuck you up.

flambe
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
DeRo has a bad game... yet you can't say that. He is a god.

:eek6:

He's good by MLS standards, but so am I at rec level, hardly worthy of calling myself a god.

Back on topic though,

Barrett is a workhorse, and deserves more respect than most tend to give him.

CretanBull
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
The other day I heard someone refer to him as Bad Charrett and I had to laugh. I like him though, his hard work will pay off for him.

DangerRed
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
DeRo stumbled in Seattle, but is a great player.

As for Barrett, if I'm just so used to watching the shot of him trotting back to the midfield after missing chance after chance that I've stopped expecting more from the guy.

Any other goals between now and when he gets booted are just pure gravy.

BFin
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
That is not appreciation sir.

Appreciate the skills that are Barrett.

KdotOdot
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Bad Charrett...err...not that funny. The man is a gem.

Shakes McQueen
DeRo stumbled in Seattle, but is a great player.

As for Barrett, if I'm just so used to watching the shot of him trotting back to the midfield after missing chance after chance that I've stopped expecting more from the guy.

Any other goals between now and when he gets booted are just pure gravy.

Which is why he has been so great in his redefined role as a winger. Not expected to be an out-and-out scorer, but his work rate suits it perfectly.

- Scott

BC101
Chad Barrett=FUCK YOU UP

that is all you need to know.
Blessed are those who walk with Chad.

Roogsy
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
If Barrett would improve his cross...he'd be a massive winger. He has speed. He has the work ethic. He has the strength.

A deadly cross and his value would grow exponentially.

TFC HSV
09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Works his balls off, hates getting subbed off, and has been really effective as a winger. I think Barrett is great.

Never gets the credit he's owed, because now that he has the stigma of being a shitty player, people only see the mistakes (and look hard for them), and don't give him his due for the great qualities he can bring to our team.

I think the game in Seattle is a good illustration of the double standard Chad occasionally suffers from the fans. Had a couple of great flicks, and a few fantastic crosses (including a dangerous one that DeRo couldn't handle properly), and all many people focus on after the game, is the one cross he couldn't quite reach with his head.

We all wish he could finish better, and I'm sure he does too. But the guy deserves big respect from us. If all of our more technically gifted players ran themselves into the ground the way Chad does, our team would be 200% better.

He likes the city, he likes the fans, and he respects us by working as hard as he can while wearing our badge.

- Scott

couldnt have said it better myself. One of my favourite players for his work ethic, and as you touched on a move to the wing has helped. He takes far more shit then deserved imo

TFC USA
09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
If Barrett and Wynne just played winger role permanently I'd be less frustrated with them than I am now.

They are perfect for that position.

BFin
09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
If Barrett would improve his cross...he'd be a massive winger. He has speed. He has the work ethic. He has the strength.

Gotta agree with this. A little work on controlling the depth of his crosses and he presents a very formidable danger from the wing.

CretanBull
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM

Very true (the same could be said for Wynne as well).

craigtfc
09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
this whole thread kills me!!!!!

Hustle
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
this whole thread kills me!!!!!

I know, its also killing me that Barrett is under-appreciated! The feeling is mutual! Thanks for the support!

Whoop
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
The fact that Gareth Wheeler hates him, makes Barrett okay in my books!

:thumbsup:

BC101
09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
iam gonna put Baretts name on the back of my kit....

MY MANCHESTER UNITED KIT!

TFC07
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Barrett is leaving Toronto? If not, then why this thread?

Roogsy
09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
We need a player to leave to express appreciation?

TFC07
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
We need a player to leave to express appreciation?

Well in other sports boards I post in, they only have appreciation threads when a player leaves the team.

jloome
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Barrett is leaving Toronto? If not, then why this thread?

No, but keep wishing, and on the day I'll gladly sign this. $220,000 to miss the net more than 35 times in one season? Not one cross actually producing a goal?

Yeah, he's really contributing tons. Work ethic is really only valuable as a player's sole commodity in the USL or Malaysian leagues.

BFin
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Well in other sports boards I post in, they only have appreciation threads when a player leaves the team.
Welcome to the wide world of the unknown my friend...

BFin
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
No, but keep wishing, and on the day I'll gladly sign this. $220,000 to miss the net more than 35 times in one season? Not one cross actually producing a goal?

Yeah, he's really contributing tons. Work ethic is really only valuable as a player's sole commodity in the USL or Malaysian leagues.

That's probably why he scored the game winning goal to give us our first championship trophy...cause it was a USL team and Saputo really plays much better than BMO for those who work hard. :facepalm:

Roogsy
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM

220k? :eek: I thought it was closer to 150k.

To be honest he does need to start producing. He can't have another year like this year. That or he needs his assist stats to start reflecting more production. But I will give him until next year.

I gotta check on that salary amount though...that could change things.

trane
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Very true (the same could be said for Wynne as well).

Funny, you mention that, because I think the two of them should be our stargin WINGERS/WINGBACKS and we play Gomes/Attakora/Serioux at the back with two DM Cronin/Sanyang. Then you organize three forwards/AM as is best suited at the front.

Yohan
09-01-2009, 04:43 PM

To be honest he does need to start producing. He can't have another year like this year. That or he needs his assist stats to start reflecting more production. But I will give him until next year.

he's making just above 200k, with compensation

BFin
09-01-2009, 04:43 PM

I think it's 195...right in the middle.

Yohan
09-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I think it's 195...right in the middle.
that's base salary. 202k with bonuses and compensation

Hustle
09-01-2009, 04:46 PM
To the Barrett Haterz

1. Go to search
2. Type in "Barrett sucks"
3. Dust off old some old thread.
4. Post your comments in there.

There, now we all are happy!

:D

BFin
09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
that's base salary. 202k with bonuses and compensation
Don't think bonuses are attached to salaries unless they have already been earned.

Yohan
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Don't think bonuses are attached to salaries unless they have already been earned.
my understanding is that bonuses and compensations are max of what a player can earn per year, but they still do count towards the cap

i could be wrong though

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Yeah, only Pablo Vitti gets a total pass for being brought in as a striker, and then being repurposed as a midfielder when they realized he couldn't score consistently, but had other strengths.

Like I said - a double standard exists among many fans (not necessarily including you, jloome). Barrett has more than just work ethic - he also has good positional sense, is pretty fluid in shortpassing situations, and his crossing ability is getting better every time I see it.

I agree with you that, like Pablo Vitti, he isn't quite worth his current salary (relative to our overall payroll). But that has had nothing to do with the reception he gets from fans.

- Scott

Moe911
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
At first when i saw this thread i thought he was traded which made me happy. I guess not.

jloome
09-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, only Pablo Vitti gets a total pass for being brought in as a striker, and then being repurposed as a midfielder when they realized he couldn't score consistently, but had other strengths.

Like I said - double standard. Barrett has more than just work ethic - he also has good positional sense, is pretty fluid in shortpassing situations, and his crossing ability is getting better every time I see it.

I agree with you that, like Pablo Vitti, he isn't quite worth his current salary (relative to our overall payroll). But that has had nothing to do with the reception he gets from fans.

- Scott

IT's vitti's first season and he has many times Chad's skill on the ball. Barrett has been inconsistent for four consecutive MLS seasons now.

I actually like the guy, he has a great work ethic, and I hoped he'd have a breakthrough year for us. To me, he's just the finish away from being a big-deal striker, because he can break defenses on his own.

But he's a choker, same as Pablo. That makes him a depth guy at best, not a $202,000 wing conversion project. We'd probably be better off without either next season, as there are better options at a lower price (like Justin Mapp, who can't get off the bench at Chicago, or Terry Cooke, who at last blush was on trial in Seattle but hasn't signed anywhere yet.)

Who knows, maybe it'll take years for him to come into his own, like Casey over the last two seasons. But at the price, both of them should be gonzo alonzo.

Yohan
09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
IT's vitti's first season and he has many times Chad's skill on the ball. Barrett has been inconsistent for four consecutive MLS seasons now.

I actually like the guy, he has a great work ethic, and I hoped he'd have a breakthrough year for us. To me, he's just the finish away from being a big-deal striker, because he can break defenses on his own.

But he's a choker, same as Pablo. That makes him a depth guy at best, not a $202,000 wing conversion project. We'd probably be better off without either next season, as there are better options at a lower price (like Justin Mapp, who can't get off the bench at Chicago, or Terry Cooke, who at last blush was on trial in Seattle but hasn't signed anywhere yet.)

Who knows, maybe it'll take years for him to come into his own, like Casey over the last two seasons. But at the price, both of them should be gonzo alonzo.
if a striker was consistent in MLS, he'd be playing in Europe

honestly I can't think of many strikers in MLS who you can rely on to get 10 goals every year and is paid less than DP money

trane
09-01-2009, 05:13 PM
jloome, I respect your opinion. But Barrett will never be a striker, he just does not have "IT". IT being the instinct.

TFC USA
09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Barrett should be a winger like Wynne should be a winger and move Nana to Wynne's RB position.

End of story.

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2009, 05:23 PM

Pablo has technical skills on the ball, yes. But those aren't the only skills that matter in football. Barrett works harder than Pablo. Barrett knows when to pass, and doesn't dance around until he gets stripped as often as Pablo does. Barrett has a bit more pace than Pablo.

My point in mentioning Vitti, was just to point out the distinction in fan reception between Barrett and Vitti, despite both having issues doing what they were intended to do - be strikers. Everyone shits all over the former, and makes excuses for the latter.

Personally, I think Vitti has also played well in his new role in central midfield, because it suits his technical ability, just as I think Barrett has been far more impressive as a winger, because it suits his skill set.

But like I said - only one of them gets criticized by many supporters, for almost everything he does.

- Scott

Mikey
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
It is true that most of us don't appreciate Barndoors abilities as much as the opposing teams goalkeeper probably does. :rolleyes:

But its also true that he works his ass off all game long.

I dont think he would get half as much stick as he does, if he hadn't been hyped up to the fans as a striker, which he isn't.

Oldtimer
09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I appreciate Barrett's effort. He reminds me a lot of Wayne Rooney in how he plays, not just looks (obviously not at the same level, though). I appreciate effort a lot after having suffered through this player:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg

Jamaicanadian
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Chad Barrett is the new Jeff Cunningham.....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I appreciate Barrett's effort. He reminds me a lot of Wayne Rooney in how he plays, not just looks (obviously not at the same level, though). I appreciate effort a lot after having suffered through this player:

lol!....

Roooney is creative....
CAn Score goals......
Take a game by the horns......

besides his EARS.....Never mention CHAD BARRETT and WAYNE ROONEY in the same sentence again! ;)

In saying that in the tallent he lacks up from on the ball......his work ethic is next to none!!!......but the same could of been said for velez!....

im still not conviced we have seen the best of barrett though.......hopefully he'll get it doen at TFC!

Peace out!

CretanBull
09-01-2009, 08:02 PM

^ The bizzaro world Chad Barrett...

Manutd27
09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I think Chad Barrett loves this club and gives 110% every minute he is on the pitch. Not try to stir up anything, but I bet there would be almost no one complaining about him if he was a hometown ( or Canadian boy ). Let's get off our players backs and start standing behind them and putting faith in them!

Broadview
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM

^^9 Goals this season :hide:

But Chad's likable!

scooter
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
no barrett has worked his ass off -- he is not the best but really tries for our team
so give him a break and support his efforts

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2009, 08:41 PM
^^9 Goals this season :hide:

But Chad's likable!

Don't care. Never tried when he was here, potentially cost us the V-Cup last season, and couldn't score in a red shirt to save his life.

Great to hear he's actually decided to earn his money in Dallas. Didn't do shit for us.

- Scott

Oldtimer
09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
RPB Nation:

lol love how you bolded one part of my quote but not the other part which was my disclaimer :OBVIOUSLY NOT AT THE SAME LEVEL, THOUGH

FluSH
09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
If Chad's family anglicized their name... he needs to change it back to his Italian roots:

Chad Baretta

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/beretta_px4.jpg

Instant Respect around the league....

Fiin
09-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Corky Barrett just wastes the space of someone who wouldnt smoke the side of the net or completly miss 90% of chances he gets. Get a grip, hes awful.

Fiin
09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
no barrett has worked his ass off -- he is not the best but really tries for our team
so give him a break and support his efforts

You do realise when a guy is making over 100k in a salary gap based league, and the nicest thing you can say is he tries hard, thats probably a bad sign right?

Ageroo
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Corky Barrett just wastes the space of someone who wouldnt smoke the side of the net or completly miss 90% of chances he gets. Get a grip, hes awful.

You do realise when a guy is making over 100k in a salary gap based league, and the nicest thing you can say is he tries hard, thats probably a bad sign right?

Please read the title of the thread...whether you believe the validity of the thread is not in question. This is an appreciation thread....So Appreciate please and thank you. :D

Fiin
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Please read the title of the thread...whether you believe the validity of the thread is not in question. This is an appreciation thread....So Appreciate please and thank you. :D

If there was a disappreciation thread man, I would have gladly, but alas, it was the only place to be heard :)

Ageroo
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
If there was a disappreciation thread man, I would have gladly, but alas, it was the only place to be heard :)

hahaha....well said. :lol: BUT STILL........keep on topic

TFC USA
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I appreciate Chad Barrett's efforts to enforce lively argument over him on the RPB forums. ;)

Fiin
09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
hahaha....well said. :lol: BUT STILL........keep on topic

Fair enough my man, I am done here :D

Shakes McQueen
09-01-2009, 10:02 PM

A quick search probably would have turned up hundreds of Barrett unappreciation threads.

- Scott

BuSaPuNk
09-01-2009, 11:48 PM
I think Chad Barrett loves this club and gives 110% every minute he is on the pitch. Not try to stir up anything, but I bet there would be almost no one complaining about him if he was a hometown ( or Canadian boy ). Let's get off our players backs and start standing behind them and putting faith in them!

+1!

I compleletley agree. Barrett has been bad mouthed for a long time. I've even been guilty of joining the Barrett Haters Club after a bad game.

No one can question his loyality to the club or his teammates. He gives 120% out there every game. His finishing has been questioned time and time again. But remember the V-Cup only came to TO because of one mans head. BARRETT!!

Kickit09
09-02-2009, 12:20 AM
It's definitely true that Barrett is the hardest working player on the team. He may not be the most talented or skilled player, he may miss a lot of chances and be frustrating to watch, but but he'll give you nothing but his best effort. and not just during games when the camera is on, you should see him in practice. He gives it his all, and you can't ask for more than that from a professional athlete. If that's not good enough for you or the team, don't blame him. Blame the people who put him on the team, keep him on the team, and continue to play him on the team. I got nothing but respect for Barrett.

Yohan
09-02-2009, 12:23 AM
But remember the V-Cup only came to TO because of one mans boot. BARRETT!!
well, it was a header ;)

Jamaicanadian
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
I like Chad...He appeals to my Canadian; get in that corner, play hard along the boards and dont let them out hustle you Donny Cherry side....

Belfast_Boy
09-02-2009, 07:56 AM
I've questioned his existence on the team a lot over the last couple of months. the missed opportunities really bugged me. but like Yohan said if he hit them all he'd be in Europe.
that being said I've noticed that he's a damn hard worker. sometimes he's a little rash or hot-headed. but all in all I'm starting to like him despite my original feelings. not only is he a hard worker (not ready to give him the title of hardest worker) but he's put together some nice passes and helped create scoring opportunities.

CoachGT
09-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Works hard every minute on the pitch (inlcuding during friendlies). Tracks back - he has been the guy to cover for defenders many times, coming hard back and making a tough tackle, often winning the ball. Relatively poor first touch, but that is common throughout the league - a better first touch and he wouldn't be playing here. Has difficulty finishing, but that is nothing new, either to this team or to the league in general. And part of finishing comes back to touch. Gets himself into positions where scoring is an option, though, which is more than can be said of many others. And I think he has proven to be extremely effective on the wing, where he can bring crosses into good positions for others to score.

Great attitude - doesn't like coming off and always expects to play, and while on the pitch leaves it all on the field.

BuSaPuNk
09-02-2009, 09:13 AM
well, it was a header ;)

Fixed.

That night is a blur to me....still can't believe I was there to see it.

TFC Tifoso
09-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I would appreciate if Chad Barrett takes a seat on the bench so Dichio can play.......

TFC07
09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I would appreciate if Chad Barrett takes a seat on the bench so Dichio can play.......

/thread

:flare:

BFin
09-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Works hard every minute on the pitch (inlcuding during friendlies). Tracks back - he has been the guy to cover for defenders many times, coming hard back and making a tough tackle, often winning the ball. Relatively poor first touch, but that is common throughout the league - a better first touch and he wouldn't be playing here. Has difficulty finishing, but that is nothing new, either to this team or to the league in general. And part of finishing comes back to touch. Gets himself into positions where scoring is an option, though, which is more than can be said of many others. And I think he has proven to be extremely effective on the wing, where he can bring crosses into good positions for others to score.

Great attitude - doesn't like coming off and always expects to play, and while on the pitch leaves it all on the field.
Atta boy Coach.
I love his defensive mindset when defenders go for a run.
A little work on his cross and we have ourselves a very servicable winger in this league.

romburgundy
09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Barrett's gonna shake it off and turn things up real soon. You wait and see. I just hope he's still in Toronto when the curse is broken. I thought Montreal was his jumping off point but its yet to come. Keep Fighting Chad, as you can see there's just as many of us behind you as there are critics if not more.

Having said that dont be so sour when you're subbed off you burn yourself out by working so hard but that's what we need from you so 50 minutes is fair playing time for a FWD after all just look at all the boys on the bench. We've got a decent bench that could use some playing time starting with the Big Red Machine!

mdc 77
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I appreciate Barrett, he works hard, thats great, he;s a likable player.

Now lets be honest....
Its clear from his days in Chicago and here he lacks the talent and discipline to be a regular player in this league. Can you really argue with that?

bignickel
09-06-2009, 12:36 PM
mods,

can we please close this thread. please, stop the bleeding now. please!

thank you

Carter
09-06-2009, 12:39 PM
mods,

can we please close this thread. please, stop the bleeding now. please!

thank you

What bleeding, Barrett was one of the hardest working players on the pitch last night.

bignickel
09-06-2009, 12:53 PM
What bleeding, Barrett was one of the hardest working players on the pitch last night.

really, i didn't even know he was playing until the 70th minute. unfortunately the hard work isn't paying off. i want a casey, that header, unreal! that is a goal scorer, something barrett gets paid 200k+ to do, but unfortunately never delivers.

MFG1
09-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks Chad for entertaining us and showing off your mad skils trying to pass to cronin on your free kick. That was some superliga tactics.

jazzy
09-06-2009, 05:48 PM
[quote=Carter;703295]What bleeding, Barrett was one of the hardest working players on the pitch last night.[/quot/e]
OMG, so unacceptable, meaning what exactly? running in circles, not thinking? not CREATING.....
E.G.
when his corner went over everyones head to no one at a very critical time of the match, oh lets not forget the 4 man counter attack, Dero on the right, Ali Greba on the left, ( who yet hasn't received any support), and what does Barrett do instead using his HEAD, and setting up a sure goal, he trys to score with a poorly placed ball....all about individual effort...again.....That is our problem, some players , eg, Barrett think they are something they are not......and we're the poorer for it.... I'm sick of average, over paid players, constantly being accepted as OK....:facepalm:

Davenport
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
The only thing I can appreciate about Barrett is that he's shite.
He's selfish and petulant.
I'm sick and tired of seeing him put his hands up in frustration when somebody f*cks up or doesn't pass to him.
Chad..if we put our hands up every time you f*cked up we'd be shagged after 10 minutes.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM
The only thing I can appreciate about Barrett is that he's shite.
He's selfish and petulant.
I'm sick and tired of seeing him put his hands up in frustration when somebody f*cks up or doesn't pass to him.
Chad..if we put our hands up every time you f*cked up we'd be shagged after 10 minutes.

Selfish? like hes the only one on TFC? DeRo hates to pass and trys to do it on his own, Guevara too sometimes..so dont apply that tag just to Barrett. The team as a whole is shite...the best move from the past off season was bringing Serioux in..other then that we didnt really improve,
not on the offence part. Barrett will be gone at seasons end and with luck deRo behind him..selfish players TFC dont need.:scarf:

Baggio2TFC
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Selfish? like hes the only one on TFC? DeRo hates to pass and trys to do it on his own, Guevara too sometimes..so dont apply that tag just to Barrett. The team as a whole is shite...the best move from the past off season was bringing Serioux in..other then that we didnt really improve,
not on the offence part. Barrett will be gone at seasons end and with luck deRo behind him..selfish players TFC dont need.:scarf:

:shocked: Are you insane!!! DeRo and Guevara only hold the ball cause it is guys like Barrett that is going to be the recipient of thier pass! I too would hold the ball if I saw Chad "Banana Feet" Barrett calling for the ball!

Open your eyes dude and learn the game! TFC is bad but caoching mistakes you can do nothing about!! Barrett should be rotting on the bench right now when we have guys like Gerba and Dichio sitting there proven scorers!! Watch the passing then!!

TFC USA
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
You act like DeRo sucks ass and has contributed nothing.

Frei and DeRo have saved our asses from being the embarrassment of the MLS so stfu.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 08:09 PM
You act like DeRo sucks ass and has contributed nothing.

Frei and DeRo have saved our asses from being the embarrassment of the MLS so stfu.

Dero has 9 goals this season 3 came against Montreal...really other then that he has not done much...he was absent in the recent 3 game road trip..remind me how many goals did he bag....0!! No debate oN Frei,
he has kept the team in it. When Dero was first signed all the talk was TFC for the playoffs and the MLS cup? while the playoffs still might happen, he will have to start producing.

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
:shocked: Are you insane!!! DeRo and Guevara only hold the ball cause it is guys like Barrett that is going to be the recipient of thier pass! I too would hold the ball if I saw Chad "Banana Feet" Barrett calling for the ball!

Open your eyes dude and learn the game! TFC is bad but caoching mistakes you can do nothing about!! Barrett should be rotting on the bench right now when we have guys like Gerba and Dichio sitting there proven scorers!! Watch the passing then!!

we need goals not guys holding the ball, there was little offence in Chivas and in Colorado..the blame is on the field not with the manager..he can only play what he has..Gerba and dichio did dick all last night too, after all the whinning about dichio not playing, he comes on and is as bad as the rest of the offence, If Barrett should be on the bench and right now thats something we can agree on then maybe DeRo should find a seat next to him, as hes not helping out on the field right now.

MartinUtd
09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I think it was Kristian Jack that referred to him as "Bad Charrett" on the footy show podcast.

I know its the wrong thread, but I thought it was damn funny and I almost lost it at work after hearing it.

Blizzard
09-06-2009, 08:37 PM
we need goals not guys holding the ball, there was little offence in Chivas and in Colorado..the blame is on the field not with the manager..he can only play what he has..Gerba and dichio did dick all last night too, after all the whinning about dichio not playing, he comes on and is as bad as the rest of the offence, If Barrett should be on the bench and right now thats something we can agree on then maybe DeRo should find a seat next to him, as hes not helping out on the field right now.

All I'll say in regards to Gerba and Dichio is that strikers need service and those two probably got to touch the ball about five times each in their time on the field.

Is that partially their fault? Sure it is. Neither of them are exactly fleet of foot but more infuriating than that is the fact that the service was non-existent. If you want your strikers to put the ball in the net, it's probably a good idea to get them the ball more than once every five minutes!

TFC07
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Dero has 9 goals this season 3 came against Montreal...really other then that he has not done much...he was absent in the recent 3 game road trip..remind me how many goals did he bag....0!! No debate oN Frei,
he has kept the team in it. When Dero was first signed all the talk was TFC for the playoffs and the MLS cup? while the playoffs still might happen, he will have to start producing.

That would make it 12 goals in total this season so far. He has 9 league goals and 3 Canadian cup goals, which by the way he leads in goals for TFC.

BTW, didn't DeRo make it to All-star team this season? I guess it is safe to say he is our best player and he has be producing unlike rest of the team (excluding Frei).

SilverSamurai
09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.mninter.net/%7Erichard/Please%20do%20not%20feed%20the%20trolls.jpg

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
That would make it 12 goals in total this season so far. He has 9 league goals and 3 Canadian cup goals, which by the way he leads in goals for TFC.

BTW, didn't DeRo make it to All-star team this season? I guess it is safe to say he is our best player and he has be producing unlike rest of the team (excluding Frei).

Dude, don't try to reason with mighty - it's like trying to teach a fish about thermodynamics.

- Scott

mighty_torontofc_2008
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM

making all star teams is more a populaity contest then anything else.
maybe with his track record i expected more from a 4 time MLS cup winner?? Yes the rest of the team have to start producing too,although
right now it looks a little to late to matter. Will JDG if he comes make a difference?? another who knows..it's like TFC is trying to field an all canadian lineup or close to it and that would be a mistake, look how the national team has done lately? I would say Frei is our best player, DeRo top Scorer..he just doesn't score when really needed, Chivas, Seattle and
Colorado.

Blizzard
09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Dude, don't try to reason with mighty - it's like trying to teach a fish about thermodynamics.

- Scott

Hey Dude, don't insult the fish!

Erkan16
09-07-2009, 02:04 PM
chad barrett is an untalented prick who would only help this team by leaving ASAP.