PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone record the TFC v SEA match?

Parkdale
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
anyone got a copy of it? (preferably on a DVD or a digital file)?
I NEED a copy (very very important).
please let me know, either by PM or in this thread.

I'll delete this thread when I know where I can get one. thanks.

prizby
08-31-2009, 09:32 AM
try recording the game in 60 minutes on goltv?

thats the best you can probably do

Parkdale
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't have cable.

I'm thinking maybe someone already taped it, and can get me a copy.

Ageroo
08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't have cable.

I'm thinking maybe someone already taped it, and can get me a copy.

Rabbit ears and a black & white TV for Parky.......:D What station is goal TV on UHF?

Parkdale
08-31-2009, 09:39 AM
haha... I tend to either a) go to the home games at BMO or b) watch away games from the bar.

prizby
08-31-2009, 09:40 AM
game in 6 minutes on toronto fc tv?

Parkdale
08-31-2009, 09:46 AM
it's actually the full game I need.

I heard that the boradcast used the same clip of seattle supporters more than once in the broadcast, which is a major faux-pas in any sports broadcast. I want proof!

prizby
08-31-2009, 09:48 AM
it's actually the full game I need.

I heard that the boradcast used the same clip of seattle supporters more than once in the broadcast, which is a major faux-pas in any sports broadcast. I want proof!

LOL

did you get proof of their noise?

Eastend
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
I have it on my PVR but I don't know how to make a copy for you.

Afra
08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
It sounded like they had one chant that they did over and over again - that SOOOOUUUUNNNNNN DEEEEERRRRRRS thing.

Parkdale
08-31-2009, 09:56 AM
here's one early peak:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/lyrics.jpg

^ the lyrics to 'Seattle 'till I die' on the video board. I think that's a fail.

Eastend
08-31-2009, 10:00 AM
I think it is one of those things that I'm on the fence with. You do want it to come from the fans but at the same time you want everyone involved. the best (and probably only) way to do this is to show it somewhere....like on the board. I don't know, they're trying to get as many people involved as possible.

Manufactured? = yes, obviously
Is it working? = again, yes.

menefreghista
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
PM me and I will let you know where you can download an Xvid version of the match.

Parkdale
08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
okay, I found a decent version online. thanks everyone.

prizby
08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah parkdale...now make ur video already!!!

i can't wait!!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
anyone got a copy of it? (preferably on a DVD or a digital file)?
I NEED a copy (very very important).
please let me know, either by PM or in this thread.

I'll delete this thread when I know where I can get one. thanks.

did you uncover that sounders fans are worse than nixon-loving commies?

James17930
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
did you uncover that sounders fans are worse than nixon-loving commies?

That'd be a confused lot, wouldn't it?

BallardSounder
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
here's one early peak:

^ the lyrics to 'Seattle 'till I die' on the video board. I think that's a fail.

This is a common misunderstanding away fans reach. This is NOT lyrics to a chant. It is part of a advertisement (#26) for Pemco Insurance (http://www.werealotlikeyou.com/)(http://www.pemco.com/about_us/Pages/Sounders_fans_to_meet_Goat_Renter_Guy_goats.aspx (http://www.werealotlikeyou.com/)()

People aren't supposed to sing along, nor do they.
As an advertisement during the run of play, it is a 'fail', but the series is pretty funny, so I make it a draw.

However, and here's the part that IS a fail - During the 74th minute the ECS does sing our anthem (The Perry Como song "Seattle") but it seems like 9 times out of 10 the Powers That Be decide to a) strike up the band, b)play this ad, or c) play it at some other time when ECS is doing something else.

I also want to apologize for the game. That was our worst performance on field and off the field that I've seen all year. No spark or style on the field, and little energy off it.

That said, I hope the TFC fans had a good time in Seattle. I was on a short leash so couldn't go stop by Fado to say 'hi', but it appeared there was a good showing.

Dunkers
08-31-2009, 03:02 PM
LOL

did you get proof of their noise?

Qwest is the greatest stadium ever made, there is no noise pumped over the speakers, the whole stadium is desined to push the crowd noise towards the pitch, architecure on that stadium is in a leauge of its own. The stadium makes it loud, not the PA

BallardSounder
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Qwest is the greatest stadium ever made, there is no noise pumped over the speakers, the whole stadium is desined to push the crowd noise towards the pitch, architecure on that stadium is in a leauge of its own. The stadium makes it loud, not the PA

While true, the parts which don't push the crowd noise back down are the ends. 20 kids at midfield in the 100 level will sound louder than 1000 sitting in the Ends.

Interestingly, Safeco Field (baseball) next door has a similar echo effect, but it comes from the trains passing by being bounced off the retractable roof down into the stadium. The theory goes that the Qwest designers learned from this when they designed Qwest.

twistedchinaman
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
On the CBC broadcast they showed the same clip of us THREE times!!! Every time it was Deanna and myself, with Marianne passing HoHo the monkey around. Every time! Like WTF man!?Unfortunately, I deleted it...

SvenFlu
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
here's one early peak:

Why is it fail? It's their first season in MLS. A lot of their fans probably don't know the songs yet.

Idiot

prizby
08-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Why is it fail? It's their first season in MLS. A lot of their fans probably don't know the songs yet.

Idiot

we didn't need lyrics

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 08:58 AM

Idiot

Idiot eh?

I'm not going to bother giving you an infraction for the personal attack,
but like Prizby said: We didn't need lyrics put up, and no one should.

also, the lyrics are 'seattle 'till I die x 3'. How hard is that to learn?

prizby
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
parkdale...when is ur video RAWR

KrazyKanadian
09-01-2009, 09:14 AM
I heard no evidence that fake crowd noise was piped in over the sound system. The crowd there wasn't together in their noise, but there at least was some. Our group was so quiet at times, I could hear the supporters from the other side of the pitch. :( I even heard them sing "Can you hear Toronto sing..."

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 09:22 AM
no fake crowd noise, but the band was mic'd and it was played in the stadium.

I think the TFC supporters did a pretty good job. I lost my voice and we did all we could do. Having a drum would have helped a lot though.

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 09:25 AM
did anyone record the NBC feed? that the one I need.

KrazyKanadian
09-01-2009, 09:27 AM
We did well to start, but it really tailed off. I've been to other matches with fewer people that had more noise. A drum would really have helped keep co-ordination throughout the group.

I was surprised when one of the Sounders fans said we were the biggest and loudest away group to show up at Qwest. Do they not get away fans out there??

Kevvv
09-01-2009, 09:29 AM
we didn't need lyrics

No, everyone figured out "This is Our House" all on their own.

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
they get Portland and Vancouver (if they are doing MLS-USL friendlies), but I guess LA and RSL haven't gone with any numbers. Funny, you figure any excuse to get out of Utah would be worth taking.

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
No, everyone figured out "This is Our House" all on their own.

It is what it is.

Kevvv
09-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Isn't it, though

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 09:38 AM
it is

SoccMan
09-01-2009, 09:38 AM
What's the problem here people? We seem to be trying to find something where there is nothing to try to prove to the world that we are still the "best" fans in the league. We are trying to show the world that this Seattle support that everyone seems to be talking about is not real, it's fake and that only we the TFC fans are real supporters. However, what I have to say to that is that until we are able to have most of the people in the stands at game time or just before the half and at the start of the half and keep people in the stands to at least the very end of the game and not have a mass exodus at the 75th. minute mark of most games, and until we have real sell outs and not see so many empty seats at most home games and until we can get more people chanting and not only a few sections then we can say we are definately the best fans in the league. However, right now that title goes to Seattle where 32,000 people pack the place every game and empty seats are few and far between and where from the two games I attended at Quest Field this year while in Seattle on business , fans actually are in their seats at the start of the game and stay there right to the end of the game.

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
^ that's actually not the problem. the problem is that I want to watch the game.

there are other threads for the bigger debate.

(mostly because this one will be closed when I get my hands on a US copy)

AL-MO
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Idiot

We didn't need a crutch in year one, nor should they.

Kevvv
09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
The difference, I would suggest, is that they are trying to involve all 30,000 fans in the chant, not just the supporters. Realistically, how would we ever get more than a few thousand (hundred?) doing a chant at BMO, unless we did the same. Assuming it's more complicated than TIOH.

Parkdale
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
The difference, I would suggest, is that they are trying to involve all 30,000 fans in the chant, not just the supporters. Realistically, how would we ever get more than a few thousand (hundred?) doing a chant at BMO, unless we did the same. Assuming it's more complicated than TIOH.

not entirely true.

T-F-C-clap-clap-clap is about as basic as chanting the team name, and we have had large parts of the stadium doing it in unison.

Kevvv
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
say vray, but my point is that as the chants get more complicated, the less likely people are to pick up the lyrics on their own. Nothing wrong with "T-F-C-clap-clap-clap", but that's pretty straight forward. Dichio song as well.

Smuttynose
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
We did well to start, but it really tailed off. I've been to other matches with fewer people that had more noise. A drum would really have helped keep co-ordination throughout the group.

I was surprised when one of the Sounders fans said we were the biggest and loudest away group to show up at Qwest. Do they not get away fans out there??

maybe you should've come up to the front then ;)

we were trying for a good portion of the 90 minutes...

BallardSounder
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM

You were by far the loudest group of away fans, although Chicago outsourced their away "support" to Portland Cinders - then conned Adidas into giving them all Fire shirts -- so it looked like they had more numbers. They were quiet as church mice however.

This was also the quietest Seattle fans have been all year, for some reason.

Dbl_D
09-02-2009, 03:19 PM
On the CBC broadcast they showed the same clip of us THREE times!!! Every time it was Deanna and myself, with Marianne passing HoHo the monkey around. Every time! Like WTF man!?Unfortunately, I deleted it...

haha twisted... I noticed that as well... I was hey they show'd that at the start of the telecast / and at half time... I was WTF, thats lame... I had it on my tivo but deleted to make room for something else... could have may a funny vid (to some benny hill music) of pass the monkey back and forth... :drinking:

Dbl_D
09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
You were by far the loudest group of away fans, although Chicago outsourced their away "support" to Portland Cinders - then conned Adidas into giving them all Fire shirts -- so it looked like they had more numbers. They were quiet as church mice however.

This was also the quietest Seattle fans have been all year, for some reason.

because they were shocked that y'all flew in , chanted your asses off & dero and the boys almost (SHOULD have) pwn3d them ... :scarf: