PDA

View Full Version : Real life preview of Red Bull park tomorrow

Canary Canuck
06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
In the spirit of the "We need a damn ROOF" thread and just to get everyone excited about future road trips to see the Red Bulls (who happen to be shite), catch a glimpse of the Germany-Poland game tomorrow. Red Bull park is being built with a nearly identical blueprint to the Hypo Group Arena where the game is being played. This stadium is going to be awesome!

Check out the similarities here: http://theoffsiderules.blogspot.com/2008/04/red-bull-park-has-twin-sister-who-is.html

http://redbull.newyork.mlsnet.com/gen/photogallery/mls/year_2007/month_11/day_28/cf131239.html
http://stadiony.net/stadium.php?s=796

tfc007
06-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Yes very nice park.It would be great if one day we can get a park like that covered seats,real grass. Who knows one day!

Marco2K
06-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Those parks are great!!

I wish!!!

Daveisonfire
06-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Actually they did a redesign of the stadium and it features a very unique retractable roof...

http://www.funfacts.com.au/images/toilet6.jpg

yanggoh
06-08-2008, 09:02 AM
is it honestly that big? they're going to have trouble filling that park too, and they won't have the excuse of giant stadium anymore

rocker
06-08-2008, 09:32 AM
is it honestly that big? they're going to have trouble filling that park too, and they won't have the excuse of giant stadium anymore

ya and when NY gets a team in the city, i expect even fewer fans.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-08-2008, 09:47 AM
we deserve so much better......if MLS teams are building such stadiums in our league ...its only a matter of time...BMO will get a face lift!

flatpicker
06-08-2008, 09:57 AM
we deserve so much better......if MLS teams are building such stadiums in our league ...its only a matter of time...BMO will get a face lift!

which is exactly why I am delighted to see stadium like this being built in the States.
Anything to shame Toronto into producing better facilities is fine with me.
(keeping in mind that I still thoroughly enjoy my time at BMO)

Canary Canuck
06-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Well the Austrian version is 30,000 seats while Red Bull Park will be slightly scaled down to 25,000. Unlike the Meadowlands, Red Bull Park will have transit access from Manhattan which should aid attendance a bit. In my opinion, they should've built it in Queen's or the Bronx or anywhere on the other side of Manhattan so that it actually makes sense when you call them "New York".

profit89
06-08-2008, 10:16 AM
RBP is a beauty, that's for sure.

rocker
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Red Bulls are shite

Rocco
06-08-2008, 11:05 AM
see the issue with building larger stadiums in Toronto is our aging infrastructure. If BMO were to grow to 30k and more, it will no longer pass the enviromental assesment before the design pahse even starts. Transportation needs improvement, that includes public (ie TTC). Streetcars are an issue to and from the game as it and we're only 20K.

Having said that, i want something like that in my city :p

Canary Canuck
06-08-2008, 02:39 PM
On TV it looks like a 50,000 seat stadium.

ManUtd4ever
06-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Although the Reds Bulls are shite, I'm fucking jealous of that beautiful park. The TFC faithful deserve a world class facility of that nature...

T_Mizz
06-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Actually they did a redesign of the stadium and it features a very unique retractable roof...

http://www.funfacts.com.au/images/toilet6.jpg
Make sense as we all know...

james
06-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Well the Austrian version is 30,000 seats while Red Bull Park will be slightly scaled down to 25,000. Unlike the Meadowlands, Red Bull Park will have transit access from Manhattan which should aid attendance a bit. In my opinion, they should've built it in Queen's or the Bronx or anywhere on the other side of Manhattan so that it actually makes sense when you call them "New York".

i think alot of people wish the stadium was built in Queens or the Bronx....but finding land anywhere in New York City to build on is almost inpossible. Also to buy land in New York City costs a fortine. Costs of land plus the money to the stadium is in the hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. Tho i think a plus to having the stadium actually built in New York City would make it alot easier to attract fans. Actually being in a City of +8 million people with a nice new stadium would make selling out 25,000 seats easy.

Canary Canuck
06-08-2008, 05:21 PM
i think alot of people wish the stadium was built in Queens or the Bronx....but finding land anywhere in New York City to build on is almost inpossible. Also to buy land in New York City costs a fortine. Costs of land plus the money to the stadium is in the hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. Tho i think a plus to having the stadium actually built in New York City would make it alot easier to attract fans. Actually being in a City of +8 million people with a nice new stadium would make selling out 25,000 seats easy.

Good point. It will be interesting to see if the Mets owners follow through on their interest in MLS as they would have to build a stadium of their own. With Red Bull Park setting the bar so high then I'm sure the Mets wold have to come through with something of a similar calibre.

London
06-08-2008, 05:36 PM
great looking park but did you notice the have no supporters in the artists conception, just like in real life!!

RealG-TFC
06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
The only good thing about this stadium is that it's 7km away from the Newark airport. Porter Airlines flies to Newark...

Dirk Diggler
06-08-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought RBP was supposed to be similar to another stadium where Red Bull Salzburg plays.

adampz
06-08-2008, 07:39 PM
it looks bigger then it actually is, its only gonna hold around 25 thousand. A retractable roof sounds really cool though.

Daveisonfire
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
it looks bigger then it actually is, its only gonna hold around 25 thousand. A retractable roof sounds really cool though.

I guess you didn't see the picture eh?:noidea:

greatwhitenorf
06-09-2008, 12:50 AM
A dead ringer for Reading's Madejski Stadium.