PDA

View Full Version : Dichio Speaks - TFC-TV

Blizzard
08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1112

Cummins is now up as well. Quite outspoken on recent controversy. http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1113

Daveisonfire
08-27-2009, 11:05 PM
First

andyc
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Nice.... Great questions and editing! LOL!

Nuvinho
08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
interesting interview..........NOT!!!

I wonder why they interviewed Danny today, and not earlier in the week, or last week?

oh well.

FluSH
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Good to see him in Seatle!

Shakes McQueen
08-28-2009, 12:15 AM
I love Danny. Good interview.

I think we should start a swear jar for Cummins, and put a nickel in every time he says "honest", or any variation of the word. We put that fuckin' jar into a mutual fund, and we all retire in six months.

- Scott

king dave
08-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Once again, I get none, none whatsoever sense of confidence from any player on the team.
The interview in PR at the Airport was classic.
KD.

SteeltownBhoy
08-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Who was the guy from Fan 590 (or the TFC MINISTRY OF INFORMATION) who let Cummins
ramble on for 7 minutes without saying anything?? He was a complete Muppett.

I think the pressure is getting to Cummins. I do psychiatric evaluations for a living, and from the sounds of his rapid, agitated speech, I think the " cheese is about to slide off that boy's cracker"

DOMIN8R
08-28-2009, 06:21 AM
I think the pressure is getting to Cummins. I do psychiatric evaluations for a living, and from the sounds of his rapid, agitated speech, I think the " cheese is about to slide off that boy's cracker"

Can I make an appointment to see you sometime?

There will be 4 of us. King Dave, Nascar, Tim90 and me.

SteeltownBhoy
08-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Can I make an appointment to see you sometime?

There will be 4 of us. King Dave, Nascar, Tim90 and me.

I know Nascar, nice guy, where has he been??? I use to watch Liverpool games with him at the Ceilidh House in Hamilton.

As for an appointment, only taking referrals from MANCHESTER UNITED fans
and the spaces are filling quickly. Could be a long year.:D:drinking:

Darlofletch
08-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Who was the guy from Fan 590 (or the TFC MINISTRY OF INFORMATION) who let Cummins
ramble on for 7 minutes without saying anything?? He was a complete Muppett.

Well if you'd had your honesty and integrity questioned by one reporter going at things the worng way, you'd be pretty upset too.

damn that John Molinaro, upsetting poor Chris like that. personally i think anyone outside of gol tv and the fan 590 should be banned from asking questions. there's just no respect nowadays.

SteeltownBhoy
08-28-2009, 07:03 AM
The guy from Fan 590 who interviewed Cummins, does he do TFC radio broadcasts????

That certainly would explain the HARD IN YOUR FACE questions thrown at Cummins.

Sheep, the lot of them!!! ( John M the exception of course)

canadian_bhoy
08-28-2009, 07:14 AM
LOL - I posted this last night!

Seems like it's inevitable that the story will break at some point. I'm curious to see if tfc will keep hiding or whether their spin doctors will pump out their version of the story to beat john and the other reporters. Of course, who would trust a word TFC says now?

Oh TFC. You're typical BS public relation spin is so predictable.

On a side note - good on Danny for being a true professional. His interview is proof positive as to why the fans love him.

ArmenJBX
08-28-2009, 07:25 AM
I said it once and I'll say it again! The only way we can be truely happy is to mic the entire stadium up lol :D

TFC Tifoso
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
LOL - I posted this last night!

Oh TFC. You're typical BS public relation spin is so predictable.

On a side note - good on Danny for being a true professional. His interview is proof positive as to why the fans love him.

yep......23:13 FOREVER!!....WE LOVE YOU DANNY!!!!

a 4 hour plane ride is plenty of time to get the stories straight........

canadian_bhoy
08-28-2009, 07:30 AM
yep......23:13 FOREVER!!....WE LOVE YOU DANNY!!!!

a 4 hour plane ride is plenty of time to get the stories straight........

After everything this guy has had to endure for the last week he stands up like a true pro and tries to calm the fire for the benefit of the team. He says that it's not about him, its about the playoffs.

This guy is a legend.

I'm sure after the flak that Cummins took this week, DD will get minutes tomorrow...and damn right too...

I'm actually glad that this isn't a home game because if DD scored at home in the south end I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from jumping the rail and celebrating with him!

TFC Tifoso
08-28-2009, 08:16 AM
After everything this guy has had to endure for the last week he stands up like a true pro and tries to calm the fire for the benefit of the team. He says that it's not about him, its about the playoffs.

This guy is a legend.

I'm sure after the flak that Cummins took this week, DD will get minutes tomorrow...and damn right too...

I'm actually glad that this isn't a home game because if DD scored at home in the south end I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from jumping the rail and celebrating with him!

Danny is a class act through and through.

But Dichio should not get minutes as a pitty act or to pay "lip service" so to speak....he should because he is still our best option up front IMO.

Carts
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Dichio: "...I'm happy I'm back out here with the boys, which is where I want to be..."

That'a'boy Danny!
Carts...

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2009, 08:26 AM

makes you love the guy even more, doesnt it?!

But Dichio should not get minutes as a pitty act or to pay "lip service" so to speak....he should because he is still our best option up front IMO.

cha-ching! for someone who, at 35 and whose livelyhood revolves around fitness, cant travel on a plane out west for some reason but still gives opposition defenders fits at the back - reason enough.

Canadian Blue
08-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Has Cummins always spoken out the side of his mouth like that?

Damien
08-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Make the guy the head coach or something already... gosh!

Hitcho
08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Danny: "We owe them a little favour after what they done at our place"

Seattle Defence: *changes underwear*

:D

100% model pro, love this guy, huge, massive respect for him as a player and a person. If we had 20 Dichio type players in the sqaud we'd have won the SS by now.

Not sure what to believe now - Cummins has given what seems to be a reasonable explanation, but Molinaro and Knight are hinting at other stuff they can't reveal.

One thing I do know is that the speculation is now pointless and dangerous to team morale and preparation. We either need to get behind Chris as coach or hear the real story I think. And while I am willing to believe that there may still be more to this than we have been told, at this stage I think it's time to let the dust settle and get behind the boys, all of them, 100%.

If John and/or Ben want/are able to reveal the whole story, I'm all ears. Until then, there's a play off spot to be won.

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Oldtimer
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
FWIW, Ensco's theory sounds highly likely.

It could be that Cummins wants someone he would play more, and had "Trader Mo" working on it. The club meant no disrespect to Danny (although, frankly, it is disturbing that CC doesn't rate Danny).

MadameTFC
08-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Damn - finally something happens, and the computer where I'm housesitting decides to crash everytime I try and run a video.
Well, I'll be home tonight to see what Danny and "To be Honest" had to say...

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Nice to see CC setting the record straight that that everything written about why Danny was not playing was all bullshit from a cbc
reporter...cbc and bullshit a good combination...ban this reporter from ever doing anything releated to TFC..and maybe the network as well,
its not like we need cbc.:scarf:

Pachuco
08-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Nice to see CC setting the record straight that that everything written about why Danny was not playing was all bullshit from a cbc
reporter...cbc and bullshit a good combination...ban this reporter from ever doing anything releated to TFC..and maybe the network as well,
its not like we need cbc.:scarf:

How about we just ban you from this site? we don't need you here either.

Nuvinho
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
oh my god.....what a fluff job on the interview......7 minutes of rehearsed babble. I am sorry, this is pure damage control....and they made CC do the damage control.

VPjr
08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
How about we just ban you from this site? we don't need you here either.

+1

Geez...I no longer thinks it's koolaid that Mighty has been drinking...clearly its a more serious mind altering drug

ensco
08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, the cone of silence has descended. It's probably for the best.

I actually think this is this board's all-time finest hour. The big man is back with his mates, where he belongs.

I have been critical of some of the mods in the past. I want to congratulate them on this story, for letting things flow, and still running a tight ship.

VPjr
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
oh my god.....what a fluff job on the interview......7 minutes of rehearsed babble. I am sorry, this is pure damage control....and they made CC do the damage control.

I used to like Dan Dunleavy but his integrity as a reporter/journalist/commentator is being tested by his clear intent to suck up to TFC personnel.

have some stones man.

Pigfynn
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
^+1

Dude should be ashamed of himself. Aren't journalists supposed to y'know find stuff out?? not just record what people say...that's a tape recorder's job

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
+1

Geez...I no longer thinks it's koolaid that Mighty has been drinking...clearly its a more serious mind altering drug

no just reality..its amazing how many people "BUY" a story just because its written by a so called journalist? Im sure all the fans the fell for this story, also believe Elvis is still alive and pumping gas in New Mexcio, its the same bullshit type story that this Dichio one has been..made up crap on a slow news/sports day.

ensco
08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
no just reality..its amazing how many people "BUY" a story just because its written by a so called journalist? Im sure all the fans the fell for this story, also believe Elvis is still alive and pumping gas in New Mexcio, its the same bullshit type story that this Dichio one has been..made up crap on a slow news/sports day.

Why are you posting the same thing, pretty much word for word, 20, 30, 50 times?

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
^+1

Dude should be ashamed of himself. Aren't journalists supposed to y'know find stuff out?? not just record what people say...that's a tape recorder's job

they are also not suppose to say i have inside info that i cant let out right now? like what kind of crap is this..if you have info spill it,usually when you dont or use a lame excuse like i cant let it out now means you have nothing..the problem with Journalist is they believe they can just make up a story .

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Why are you posting the same thing, pretty much word for word, 20, 30, 50 times?

because people have bought the JM article without any real proof that , outside of a manager not playing a player because hes past it ,
is the truth. CC should be able to play who he feels is right for the team without the media putting their 2 cents worth in.

ensco
08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
^I think you've made your point. Many people have engaged you directly. It's incredibly frustrating to read repeat posts on this scale. It's just not considerate on your part.

Blizzard
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
^+1

Dan Dunlevy is a sports broadcaster. The FAN 590 is the official radio broadcast partner of TFC. He is recording clips to be used in their broadcast of Saturday afternoon.

TFC is probably paying the Fan to cover the club.

It would be foolish of Dunlevy to start trying to stir things up with a client!

B

James Oliphant
08-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I used to like Dan Dunleavy but his integrity as a reporter/journalist/commentator is being tested by his clear intent to suck up to TFC personnel.

have some stones man.

That's what happens when you travel with the team. I don't just mean at the same time, I mean WITH.

Roogsy
08-28-2009, 07:20 PM
I have to agree with Blizzard. Dunleavy is not a sports reporters, he is a broadcaster. Different jobs. One is investigative by nature, the other is more of a mouthpiece.

So I don't blame Dunleavy for glossing over the Dichio issue.

However, let us not make the mistake that it's exactly what that was. Glossing over. We have TFC is full PR mode (which is what they should be doing, I agree) but what they should have done is not let it get to this point in the first place. :rolleyes:

James17930
08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Regardless of whether you believe Molinaro or Cummins, at this point, Danny has come out on the record, he's said he's piece, and we should all accept it and leave it at that.

No player is bigger than the club -- Danny said it himself -- and the last thing the club needs is this type of distraction being concocted by the fans and media at a time where they're fighting for their lives.

So I think at this point we should all let it go, hope Danny is fit enough to play but not go ape-shit over it if it he isn't, support whomever is on the field 100% and rally behind the boys to get the job done.

ecospice
08-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Well if you'd had your honesty and integrity questioned by one reporter going at things the worng way, you'd be pretty upset too.

damn that John Molinaro, upsetting poor Chris like that. personally i think anyone outside of gol tv and the fan 590 should be banned from asking questions. there's just no respect nowadays.

Cummins' integrity should be questioned. He handled this situation terribly. If he can't handle probing questions, he should step aside as interim head coach and let someone else have a chance.

rocker
08-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Cummins' integrity should be questioned. He handled this situation terribly. If he can't handle probing questions, he should step aside as interim head coach and let someone else have a chance.

How would you have handled it?

What probing questions did Cummins not handle?

Seems he answered the questions he wanted to answer.

Just because a journalist doesn't like the answer -- or doesn't get an answer -- doesn't mean he didn't handle it properly.

By the way, the mighty fine journalists asking those probing questions still haven't used their "inside sources" to explain what happened. Much of it is conjecture.

ecospice
08-29-2009, 03:01 PM
How would you have handled it?

What probing questions did Cummins not handle?

Seems he answered the questions he wanted to answer.

Just because a journalist doesn't like the answer -- or doesn't get an answer -- doesn't mean he didn't handle it properly.

By the way, the mighty fine journalists asking those probing questions still haven't used their "inside sources" to explain what happened. Much of it is conjecture.

By being honest.

Wooster_TFC
08-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Regardless of whether you believe Molinaro or Cummins, at this point, Danny has come out on the record, he's said he's piece, and we should all accept it and leave it at that.

No player is bigger than the club -- Danny said it himself -- and the last thing the club needs is this type of distraction being concocted by the fans and media at a time where they're fighting for their lives.

So I think at this point we should all let it go, hope Danny is fit enough to play but not go ape-shit over it if it he isn't, support whomever is on the field 100% and rally behind the boys to get the job done.

Well said.

grizzle
08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
+1 that Fan reporter is USELESS