PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC membership

Pages : 1 [2]

cmonyoureds
08-29-2009, 10:54 AM
If you want to have a TFC member club, why not start by recognizing the groups already established????? Seems to me like RPB, USec, NEE already do a fantastic job. Maybe if you started working WITH them more PROACTIVELY on the issues fans currently have, you'd see you ALREADY have in place member clubs. Not just discussions or Mo coming out to spew the corporate line, but actual action.

If you can't see that, then I assume it's a cash grab.

Batman
08-29-2009, 11:10 AM
If you want to have a TFC member club, why not start by recognizing the groups already established????? Seems to me like RPB, USec, NEE already do a fantastic job. Maybe if you started working WITH them more PROACTIVELY on the issues fans currently have, you'd see you ALREADY have in place member clubs. Not just discussions or Mo coming out to spew the corporate line, but actual action.

If you can't see that, then I assume it's a cash grab.

I generally agree with you here... but you have to admit, if the supporters groups start working with MLSE more closely there will also automatically be 50% criticizing us for cozying up to MLSE.

Some people will only be happy if we're constantly somewhat contrarian to TFC management.

I personally wouldn't mind a consultative relationship that extends beyond what it is now.

As for the general membership issue, what I don't understand is, considering MLSE is probably light years ahead in revenue with TFC than they ever projected when they bought the franchise... why don't they just remain happy with that rather than continuing to try to get every last dime out of us.

It's probably a pretty simple answer... growth.

No matter how well you've done, the nature of business is you have to do more. That's probably the prospect Paul is facing. I don't like it, but that's probably the reality. Given that... I'd probably be ok with the membership idea, (although I may not join) if it prevented another price hike on tickets... but my expectation is, knowing MLSE, we'll have that too.

CretanBull
08-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Personally I don't see a problem with having a close relationship to the club and the front office as long as we're treated with respect. Right now it seems like the club is happy to (in part) base it's marketting on the things that we do i.e they're not selling tickets on results or quality play, they're selling tickets on the 'game day experience' (which best explains sold out home games, but terrible TV ratings). In addition to what I spend on tickets and in the stadium, I spend A LOT of money on things like flights, hotels etc. on away games. It would be nice if the club could devote some time and energy to thanking us for that, instead of treating us like walking wallets.

I'd love for Paul (and I have no hard feelings towards him at all) to come on here and say "What can we do for you? How can we help you? How can we make what you do easier? How can we make your contributions to our success feel appreciated?".

Instead we're more often than not faced with what amounts to "What more can we sell you? How can we win back your support after pissing you off? How can we control the damage?". Even if that's untrue and unfair, the fact that a significant number of people are made to feel this way is an issue unto itself.

I think that its fair to say that the people who stepped up and joined a supporters group (any of them) are the people who have the most invested (in every respect) in the team. The chants are started by us, the banners are painted by us, the road trips are organized by us, the buzz that helped make this business a success was lead by us. Things are going very well for the team right now (from a business perspective) so maybe its easy to take our contributions for granted. But make no mistake about it, if things turn sour we're the ones who were here from day one and we're the ones who are going to see you through hard times.

We're not the fair-weather fans following a trend, we're life-long soccer fans who want to see the sport we love succeed in the city we love. It would be great to work in coordination with the club in realizing that dream.

If the club stepped up and did something for us (which would benefit them anyway) it would go a long way towards getting rid of the cynicism and negativity that keeps popping up. Without question, any act of generousity by the club would be returned in kind and hopefully that would start a more reciprocal relationship of mutual benefit.

Cashcleaner
08-29-2009, 12:08 PM
I generally agree with you here... but you have to admit, if the supporters groups start working with MLSE more closely there will also automatically be 50% criticizing us for cozying up to MLSE.

Some people will only be happy if we're constantly somewhat contrarian to TFC management.

I personally wouldn't mind a consultative relationship that extends beyond what it is now.

I'm sorta okay with that. As we don't have the ability to directly affect change within the club via voting or anything like that, I think that as a group we do have a duty to keep an eye on how things are running and hold people's feet to the fire as it were. In some ways, I like to think of us as an opposition party of sorts. TFC/MLSE is the governing party and we're the ones that are going to break down and examine their policies and criticize when necessary.

Of course, its essential that we're offering constructive criticism and not just random angst for its own sake.

Dave67
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
The crazy thing is,

1. improve the team
2. go deep in the Champions League
3. go deep in the playoffs

and the team will pull in 100's of times the amount of money that some 'membership' scheme will bring in. Focus TFC focus on what will bring in the cash windfall. We would all be happy parting with money for the extra games played!

nascarguy
08-29-2009, 11:59 PM
if i can vote for a new President every 4 years I'll buy it

Cashcleaner
08-30-2009, 12:14 AM
The crazy thing is,

1. improve the team

and the team will pull in 100's of times the amount of money that some 'membership' scheme will bring in. Focus TFC, focus on what will bring in the cash windfall. We would all be happy parting with money for the extra games played!

Quoted for truth.

The argument I've been making since day one is for simplicity in the product. Give us a team that can contend. Give us good access to players and staff. Everything else like the 15% discount and pub crawls are good, but they're not the reasons why we bought season tickets. We bought them so we can finally see top-flight soccer playing once again in Toronto.

tfc007
08-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Its just another way to squeeze more money out of our pockets and into MLSE pockets.

RedRum
08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea and I hope it comes to fruition.

It would split RPB. The fans go MLSE and the supporters stay RPB. Addition by subtraction. Get it done Paul!!

OneLoveOneEric
08-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Personally, I have no interest in paying anything ABOVE what I'm already paying for my season tickets. If it's included for SSH's then fine, otherwise, piss off with the extra fees thanks.

me too

S_D
08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
The crazy thing is,

1. improve the team

and the team will pull in 100's of times the amount of money that some 'membership' scheme will bring in. Focus TFC focus on what will bring in the cash windfall. We would all be happy parting with money for the extra games played!

Isn't that the truth. But why not try to do that and get membership fees? And if you don't happen to make it deep in any of the competitions, well you still have membership fees to make some extra cash. :)

What pisses me off the most is because the MARLIES are losing a lot according to that article in the star, WE are being asked for more and more money to offset their losses. Wanna get in on a partial season pack? buy marlies tix. Wanna see Beckham (who may not play by the way but that is your risk not ours) in one game? Better buy a raft of marlies tickets for that one game. I am surprised we haven't been told we need to buy marlies merchandise too.

Want me to become a member? Either move the marlies so we aren't asked to buy their useless tickets, or as part of the membership fee, we don't have to buy them with our partials. This shouldn't even happened in the first place. And no, setting the membership fee = to the marlie tickets won't fly lol.

Want me to become a member? Waive the personal seat licences that are with out a doubt going to smack us in the head if we want seasons when expansion eventually happens. There is value. You have already mentioned it a few times (and deleted one of your posts when you initially brought it up) so I know without a doubt it is going to happen.

T_Mizz
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Were you drinking Friday afternoon?

How can you not see this as a cash grab?
My Friday afternoon drinking is none of your business:D:drinking:
But seriously, I just didn't jump to the same conclusion because I just prefer to look at thebright side that maybe PB is actually interested in our input, and maybe someday we could be more involved in the way this team is run. I mean every single person here takes exception to some aspect of how this team operates so why wouldn't you want to be able to do something about it?

ilikemusic
08-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Ill pay 5 bucks for an annual membership if it means Mo Johnston gets fired ASAP.

AL-MO
08-30-2009, 07:04 PM
My Friday afternoon drinking is none of your business:D:drinking:
But seriously, I just didn't jump to the same conclusion because I just prefer to look at thebright side that maybe PB is actually interested in our input, and maybe someday we could be more involved in the way this team is run. I mean every single person here takes exception to some aspect of how this team operates so why wouldn't you want to be able to do something about it?

SG's already meet with the FO on a somewhat regular basis. Just an FYI...

Do you actually think MLSE will give up some control on one of its entities?

I don't see it happening. This thread was created to provide a diversion from the Dichio issue. And even if they went through with it, your 40 bucks is going to go to a magazine and discounts on TFC swag.

wzhxvy
08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
I do think it will be close to $40 bucks and thats why I dont think its a big idea for MLSE...unless its mandatory, they wont make enough money from it. Either go high end with higher end value or make it mandatory and lower amount (ie add bs value and piss off a lot of people).

OneLoveOneEric
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
My understanding (only drawn from Manchester United membership) is that in addition to some fairly useless trinkets, membership in Europe is virtually required for purchasing tickets, especially to away games. SInce I already have tickets to TFC, and don't care about trinkets, why would this interest me?

mlsintoronto
08-31-2009, 08:01 AM
OK I should have made something clear before I left for Seattle - the intent here is to come up with a product for which there is some demand...thus I asked the questions. I acknowledged early on that the message was received about not forcing things on people.

Batman is right - my job is to make sure that the business is growing. Regardless of the apparent disdain the many seem to have for me and the rest of Toronto FC I still believe that it makes sense to ask questions before implementing new things.

We have a history dating from before there was RPB: there were other sites that were very informative for us and we are still pretty good at listening. This is why we are Toronto FC and not Inter-Toronto FC. Its why we have no mascot or dance pack or cheerleaders. Its why we do not advertise over the PA during games. Its why the south end has two capo stands and why there are railings that are not sold to sponsors. Because we ask questions and listen.

Thank you to everyone who gave this some thought. I disappeared for a few days when I was in Seattle and have not had an opportunity to read all of the input (and sift through the bile!).

I can say that the purpose of this idea is to provide an opportunity for more people to feel a connection to the club...not to extract more $ from the same Season Seat holders. Beyond that it is a clean slate and I suspect it will be a box with some exclusive swag and some benefits. I also think that it won't be tied to the waiting list. In fact, I'd say that the waiting list should stand on its own - currently we give benefits to people on the red list who may only have signed up to receive those benefits. Its not a real list if that is the case.

Anyway I do sincerely appreciate the input provided. There are some good ideas here that we hadn't thought of.

Thanks,

pb

FluSH
08-31-2009, 08:23 AM
We have a history dating from before there was RPB: there were other sites that were very informative for us and we are still pretty good at listening. This is why we are Toronto FC and not Inter-Toronto FC. Its why we have no mascot or dance pack or cheerleaders. Its why we do not advertise over the PA during games. Its why the south end has two capo stands and why there are railings that are not sold to sponsors. Because we ask questions and listen.

Hey! I am all down for some cheerleaders... as long as they dress up like they do in Latin America... :D

canadian_bhoy
08-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Paul,

I think that all the people who read and post on this mb appreciate you coming on here to seek our feedback. I'm not a huge fan of people who use these opportunities to rag on everything and complain about club conspiracy's, but I do appreciate that people here give their full opinions (good and bad).

I think you'll be hard pressed to find another place that will give such candid feedback...sure, we don't make up the opinions of the entire fanbase, but we do have a finger on the pulse of a large portion of the fans and I think the opportunity to give feedback to influential sources at the club is important.

Thanks for coming on here and seeking the opinions of people...I'm not a fan of this new membership scheme, but hopefully the ideas and suggestions posted here will make it valuable for those who choose to buy it.

OK I should have made something clear before I left for Seattle - the intent here is to come up with a product for which there is some demand...thus I asked the questions. I acknowledged early on that the message was received about not forcing things on people.

Batman is right - my job is to make sure that the business is growing. Regardless of the apparent disdain the many seem to have for me and the rest of Toronto FC I still believe that it makes sense to ask questions before implementing new things.

Thank you to everyone who gave this some thought. I disappeared for a few days when I was in Seattle and have not had an opportunity to read all of the input (and sift through the bile!).

I can say that the purpose of this idea is to provide an opportunity for more people to feel a connection to the club...not to extract more $ from the same Season Seat holders. Beyond that it is a clean slate and I suspect it will be a box with some exclusive swag and some benefits. I also think that it won't be tied to the waiting list. In fact, I'd say that the waiting list should stand on its own - currently we give benefits to people on the red list who may only have signed up to receive those benefits. Its not a real list if that is the case.

Anyway I do sincerely appreciate the input provided. There are some good ideas here that we hadn't thought of.

Thanks,

pb

TOBOR !
08-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Paul,

I'm sure it's already been mentioned upthread, but I'm sure we could all live in a world where STHs get all privileges and right included in their packages, with tiered options available to the less-fortunates for varying fees ?

One seat = one vote, and adjust the annual package accordingly. Of course a registry would be required, and the right of refusal to the STH offered - perhaps yielding a slightly discounted fee ?

After that offer up memberships at different levels, but not quite reaching STH status, and at different fees. Then we could all join (or choose not to) at whichever price point we wished to enter.

Beyond that, if you're just looking for ideas of what to include in such packages, I'd like to see travel discounts to away games and advantages with TFC sponsors in general (for instance, I could take my TFC card into FutureShop and get discounts/offers/preferential treatment instore (or online)). Whatevs.

Just be sure that after this thread dies that you keep us in the loop as to what has been decided.

Hustle
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Great post Paul. Thanks for the clarification. I hope everyone that commented here takes a chance to read it.

I wouldn't be into this membership thing, but sounds like a great thing to buy the kids at Christmas...a way to build the next generation of fans.

Hitcho
08-31-2009, 11:55 AM

Thanks,

pb

Paul - I'm appalled that you didn't take your laptop with you and keep up to the minute on this thread while you were in Seattle! What kind of Exec are you?! ;)

As for the membership plan, based on the bolded comments above, I would say that the best thing here is to make any membership scheme entirely separate from any other ticket holder or waiting list - just put something out there, see what the demand is and cater the package accordingly. It's clear from the breadth of opinions on here that you're not going to be able to satisfy everyone, so making the membership scheme stand alone avoids making people feel like they HAVE to sign up for ticketing purposes or are being rail roaded into it to keep their spot, etc.

Exclusive swag and team related benefits sounds like something most people would be interested in, and if it's stand alone then they at least have the choice of whether to sign up or not.

I've said before that your availability on here is something a lot of people appreciate, even if others take it for granted and/or abuse it. I have no issues with the sounding board approach, it makes total sense and the list of things you put above that were avoided through it makes me break out in a cold sweat thinking what things COULD have been like at (Inter-) TFC games!

Be nice to keep us in the loop to whatever extent you can now as this thing takes shape (or dies off, whichever). I want to add a DVD of the 6-1 Miracle, together with the "sights and sounds" footage that was put up on the TFC website, to the list of things to receive in the inaugural membership plan (or just release this and sell it, I'd buy it for sure). Going forward a "season review" DVD with highlights and interviews etc would be a great thing to have and keep. And if you could add in something for season 1 as a bonus, that'd be kick ass! I'll never get tired of watching the first goal and the seat cushions fly - never. :D Also, there were some fun streamer moments at corners and stuff it'd be nice to look back on frmo season one!

TorontoBlades
08-31-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd probably grab one anyways....I just got my bonus!

torontocelt
08-31-2009, 12:08 PM

Thanks,

pb

Thanks for coming on and replying Paul, now if you could just address people's discontent with being forced to purchase Marlies tickets when they buy a partial pack I would appreciate it very much. You have indicated that you and the FO like to listen to the opinions of the fans well I would bet that 99% of the people on here would concur that the Marlies tickets are not wanted in any partial pack. People do not want them and they certainly dont want to have to spend $180 on tickets they simply have no interest in. Please can you advise if you will be doing anything to tackle this issue?

Thanks.

mlsintoronto
08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks for coming on and replying Paul, now if you could just address people's discontent with being forced to purchase Marlies tickets when they buy a partial pack I would appreciate it very much. You have indicated that you and the FO like to listen to the opinions of the fans well I would bet that 99% of the people on here would concur that the Marlies tickets are not wanted in any partial pack. People do not want them and they certainly dont want to have to spend $180 on tickets they simply have no interest in. Please can you advise if you will be doing anything to tackle this issue?

Thanks.

I would suggest that this package continues to sell well, and no one is forced to buy it.

You're right...99% of people on here have no interest in Marlies, and this package is probably not right for them.

TFC07
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Inter Toronto FC? Interesting team name, but too bad the name wasn't supported by some of soccer fans on internet. It actually gives the team an identity which also matches city's identity.

Pookie
08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Very pleased to hear your view on the waiting list in that it should stand on its own and not be influenced by a "membership."

I would hope that for single events, such as the RM, CCL or other friendlies, that gold list members would still get advanced access and that the "membership" wouldn't influence a position ahead of the line.

jabbronies
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM
I like the idea of having voting power. I only question whether or not some of the supporters know what the fuck is actually going on sometimes.

It may end up fucking us over (the team) in the long run.

Dave67
08-31-2009, 12:23 PM
I've stated a few times in this thread that I am not interested in a scheme. That said, I would buy a decent plan for my nephews in a heartbeat.

mlsintoronto
08-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Very pleased to hear your view on the waiting list in that it should stand on its own and not be influenced by a "membership."

I would hope that for single events, such as the RM, CCL or other friendlies, that gold list members would still get advanced access and that the "membership" wouldn't influence a position ahead of the line.

I agree. The red waiting list can stand alone, since people really have just "signed up" and are getting access benefits that others pay for.

The Gold List however, was a purchase that came with promise of certain benefits. We need to make sure we are delivering what we promise to Gold listers. If we change the offer for Gold Listers then of course that would be explicit at the time of purchase.

AL-MO
08-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Inter Toronto FC? Interesting team name, but too bad the name wasn't supported by some of soccer fans on internet. It actually gives the team an identity which also matches city's identity.

I am happy with TFC, thanks.

"Inter Toronto FC" sounds as bad as Real Salt Lake.

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 12:31 PM
I would suggest that this package continues to sell well, and no one is forced to buy it.

You're right...99% of people on here have no interest in Marlies, and this package is probably not right for them.

Buying the Marlies pack gets us into the Gold List, yet you acknowledge that your ripping us off because 99% don't care for them, How many Marlies fans are actually going to pay that much for their tickets, and how many TFC fans want to pay double for tickets they won't use. I can guarentee you that less then 10% of the people you sold this pack to went to one game. I wonder what the ratio of normal partial packs to Marlies packs you sell. It's criminal. The fact is, when Toronto FC fans bought the marlies tickets, they were doing it to bump up to gold. No casual red lister is gunna say to themselves that the Marlies were a bonus that they'd be happy to pay for.

I'm sorry, but if you can look at me in the face and force me to pay extra for essentially something I won't use, just for the PRIVILEGE of giving you MORE money for season seats, then somethings wrong here. Screw this, I'll buy my single games, it's more money but at least there's some integrity.

Diabl0
08-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Here are a couple of ideas I'll throw into the hat

1. Personalized team photo - An 8"x10" photo of the TFC team and staff or a memorable game photo. By personalized I mean something along the lines of 'Thank you John Smith for being a supporter of Toronto FC 2010-2011'. This can be printed on the photo itself or on a simple matte frame.

2. $50 coupon to Centre Sports Store or other retailer that carries TFC gear. This alone could generate a lot of demand for the TFC membership, especially if the membership costs significantly less than the coupon (ie. $30 membership for $50 coupon). At first this may sound like a money losing proposition for MLSE but it means more interest in the Centre Sports Store and additional advertising and marketing provided by fans who buy and wear TFC merchandise. A condition like $50 off on a total purchase of $100 or more is reasonable. For this to work, the value of the coupon must be significant (ie. a 15% off card or $25 coupon does not cut it, especially when new TFC gear is overpriced).

Other items like DVDs and scarves are not too appealing in my opinion.

Hitcho
08-31-2009, 12:43 PM
The more I think about it, the mroe I'd like to see a "season review" DVD, with highlight footage (game in 6 type stuff) voiced over by a general review fo the season and how it went, along with TFC TV footage (the best bits), all kind of interlaced into one nice little 60 min review of the season.

I'd also like to see a separate DVD of the 6-1 Miracle game with its own "extras" footage of the guys celebrating after the game, the homecoming welcome, some player interviews done in retro-commentary style (esp De Ro).

Having said that, these things can be produced and sold separately - no need to tie them into membership, and then if people want to pass, they can.

torontocelt
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM

Surely you understand Paul that people buy these with the intention of getting on the gold list so that perhaps one day they can get a season? Saying they sell well is correct but people are not buying them for the Marlies tickets. For those of us who are not season ticket holders which pack would you recommed to us to purchise that would enable us to get on the gold list without having to buy Marlies tickets? From my understanding purchasing these packs are the only realistic chance anyone has to ever getting a season ticket.

Oldtimer
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM

Nothing wrong with having a Marlies package. I'm sure there are some sports fans who would like to have a package where they could combine a winter sport and a summer sport.

I think, Paul, the only problem is with the number of Marlies packages vs. standalone TFC packages. Too many people bought the all-season package only to get TFC.

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Nothing wrong with having a Marlies package. I'm sure there are some sports fans who would like to have a package where they could combine a winter sport and a summer sport.

I think, Paul, the only problem is with the number of Marlies packages vs. standalone TFC packages. Too many people bought the all-season package only to get TFC.

Exactly. I'm all for a partial package, hell, for me, it's better then the season seats because travel is an issue. (No car, go train station too far to walk/bike :D)

But instead, I was forced to turn them down. I was willing to pay for the TFC partial pack, I had the cash in hand, but you charged me 200 dollars more for those stupid tickets that NO ONE wants.

Go to marlies games and forums and sell them there. Otherwise, give Toronto FC tickets to Toronto FC fans. And for Pete's sake, please offer more partial packs and less marlies packs. I think I read that it was 80% marlies this year.

Pookie
08-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Why would a business give up on leveraging its assets?

On a personal note, I don't mind paying for the Marlies' pack if that is what gets me in to BMO. I play hockey, coach it and find the Marlies a much better value vs the Leafs. If I can't take my kids to a game, I have no trouble finding hockey fans willing to pay cost to go to a game.

This is simple business in terms of leveraging brands. People should know that MLSE is also offering Leafs + Marlies' packs. Not sure of the Raptors. This isn't just limited to TFC.

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 01:04 PM
But what does low league hockey have to do with Soccer!? That's the thing, one is completely unrelated to the other. I hate the sport of hockey and to get me to the one thing I love in this city, I have to pay 200 bux for hockey tickets!? Please, this is just MLSE screwing us over. Given the choice, no one would pay for them. If you offerred every single person that you sold a marlies pack to the option of removing them and paying less, I guarantee that 99% would have done that. It's like buying an HDTV for a thousand bucks, but the seller forces you to buy a dingy old, rabbit eared tv with it for an extra thousand, along with the privilege of letting you buy the cable box too.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
We're looking at ways to make more people feel like part of this club. Many European clubs have a club membership model that ranges from Madrid who vote in the President every 4 years, to EPL clubs who make you buy a membership before you can purchase a ticket.

Look at Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham etc to see what I'm talking about.

Maybe it includes some swag like what is currently an exclusive SSH scarf?
a DVD of highlights?
souvenir booklet?
maybe there is some online benefit component?
maybe there are tiers where you get access to an allotment of tickets?
Newsletter?

Sky's the limit - how would it look? what would it cost?
I think I'd still only wear my RPB scarf even if I did have season's tickets, so I don't imagine that would be a big deal to many on here.

A season highlight DVD would be great though, as would an official club magazine, like most European clubs have. One thing I'd also like to see is 'Scudetto' pennants like clubs in Italy give to their members, like this for instance:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41F49wD0szL._SS500_.jpg

That would be a pretty cool thing to give to members IMO, how Italian clubs will do it is have the club badge etc. on the front and Italian flag on the back.

I'd definitely pay and be proud to call myself an official member of Toronto FC. It's something most clubs worldwide do and IMO would be a great step towards making TFC a world-class football club. This doesn't sound like a cash grab at all, I've actually wanted this since day one, the biggest Spanish and Italian clubs have millions of official members.

mlsintoronto
08-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Buying the Marlies pack gets us into the Gold List, yet you acknowledge that your ripping us off because 99% don't care for them, How many Marlies fans are actually going to pay that much for their tickets, and how many TFC fans want to pay double for tickets they won't use. I can guarentee you that less then 10% of the people you sold this pack to went to one game. I wonder what the ratio of normal partial packs to Marlies packs you sell. It's criminal. The fact is, when Toronto FC fans bought the marlies tickets, they were doing it to bump up to gold. No casual red lister is gunna say to themselves that the Marlies were a bonus that they'd be happy to pay for.

I'm sorry, but if you can look at me in the face and force me to pay extra for essentially something I won't use, just for the PRIVILEGE of giving you MORE money for season seats, then somethings wrong here. Screw this, I'll buy my single games, it's more money but at least there's some integrity.

Easy now...I acknowledged that this probably doesn't appeal to RPB members who frequent this board. But there is definitely appeal, within this board and amongst the public:
-When we sell out each year we get calls from people looking for it,
-We track attendance and compare to average...there is no significant difference.

Yes some people buy it who only want the TFC portion, but they do that by choice.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
To be perfectly honest, I agree on the Marlies tickets, it struck me from the beginning as MLSE taking the opportunity to advertise a team of theirs that is essentially un-successful by packaging their tickets along with TFC tickets. The thing is, not everyone buys those packs by choice. For some of us it's the only way to get onto the Gold waiting list and it doesn't feel great to have to pay extra for tickets you wont use. I understand MLSE is a business, but yeah.

As for membership... As I stated above, GREAT idea and a huge step forward. Basically what I'd like to see included:

-Membership card of some sort
-"Scudetto" pennant, if possible
-Magazine
-Season review DVD

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
I play hockey, coach it and find the Marlies a much better value vs the Leafs. If I can't take my kids to a game, I have no trouble finding hockey fans willing to pay cost to go to a game.

You see a connection there, Pook?

What of the rest of us who don't care for the Marlies, AHL, hockey in general and don't play or coach? You can see how it would be more difficult to get your money's worth out of your "all sports pak".

Hopefully I won't need to take up their "offer" again next year.

Pookie
08-31-2009, 02:02 PM
But what does low league hockey have to do with Soccer!? That's the thing, one is completely unrelated to the other. I hate the sport of hockey and to get me to the one thing I love in this city, I have to pay 200 bux for hockey tickets!? Please, this is just MLSE screwing us over.

I look at it differently but admittedly, I'm a hockey fan.

You have to make a decision based on your own circumstances and your options.

You have some options outside of a pack:

- If the extra $200 for a Marlies' pack is out of the question, why not pay the $20 RPB membership fee and get access to their ticket trader?
- Single game sales through Ticketmaster
- Ticketmaster game day ticket drops
- Stubhub and eBay... spending your $200 that you would have spent on Marlies on the upcharge... an extra $20 per game equals 10 games
- Kijiji - many folks were selling season seats there at cost (without the rights)

I look at those options and my own personal choice is that the Marlies' pack is worth it.

Granted, if my gold list position gets me season seats next year, I'm going that route. But the Marlies option is what I consider to be the best option out of the above.

It maintains my place in the line for my end goal, which is season seats. It gives me a day or two out with my kids. It gives me a ticket that I can partially recover my costs for by offering to parents, friends and family.

It's a personal call though. There are choices.

TOBOR !
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
FWIW, I bought the All Seasons pack last year in order to get my TFC tickets (and onto the Gold List) and moved over to partial packs as soon as I had the chance (this year). The partial pack has fewer games, but I can pick up extras, pay less, and stay on the gold list.

CretanBull
08-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Easy now...I acknowledged that this probably doesn't appeal to RPB members who frequent this board. But there is definitely appeal, within this board and amongst the public:
-When we sell out each year we get calls from people looking for it,
-We track attendance and compare to average...there is no significant difference.

Yes some people buy it who only want the TFC portion, but they do that by choice.

Of course its done by choice, but people are over-paying for the TFC tickets that they want - not because they want Marlie tickets too. People are wiling to over pay for tickets, just check e-bay, craigslist and the dozen scalpers outside the front gate. The fact that you (the collective "you" not you personally) are willing to cash in on this is why some people have such a negative view of the company.

Next season only sell bundles of TFC tickets without Marlies tickets. I'll guarantee you two things - every bundle will sell out and not one person will ask why they can't buy Marlies tickets at the same time.

I'm sure that you're aware that after the partial packs were sent out this season that e-bay and craigslist were literally flooded with people dumping Marlies tickets for a fraction of face value (and even then a lot went unsold).

A friend of mine from work, who isn't a member of a supporters group and is best described as a casual fan, bought a partial pack and couldn't find anyone who would take the Marlie tickets for free. He then tried to donate them to 'Big Brothers and Sisters Canada' and when he went into their office the woman wouldn't take the tickets because others had the same idea and they had a stack of Marlies tickets that even they couldn't use.

Be honest, the partial packs aren't about offering service or convience to the public...at best it's about cross marketting (hoping TFC fans will attach themselves to the Marlies like we have to the soccer team) and at worst cashing in on people's willingness to over-pay for TFC tickets - effectively making yourselves scalpers of sorts.

Section 117
08-31-2009, 02:31 PM

If it would have been Inter Toronto FC I would have puked.....

Next thing you would tell us is that our colours would have been black & blue

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Plus, it's not like Marlies tickets are hard to find. If you were offering me leafs or raptors game of those marlies value, heck, even blue jays tickets, I'd take um. But we talking about Marlies man!

Not the TFC, not the TFC that I love, and put 100% effort into cheering for. We talking about Marlies. Not TFC, Not TFC, we talking about Marlies. Marlies man, we talking about Marlies.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Plus, it's not like Marlies tickets are hard to find. If you were offering me leafs or raptors game of those marlies value, heck, even blue jays tickets, I'd take um. But we talking about Marlies man!

Not the TFC, not the TFC that I love, and put 100% effort into cheering for. We talking about Marlies. Not TFC, Not TFC, we talking about Marlies. Marlies man, we talking about Marlies.

It had to be done.

eGDBR2L5kzI

sulfur
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
- If the extra $200 for a Marlies' pack is out of the question, why not pay the $20 RPB membership fee and get access to their ticket trader?
The ticket trader is available to all board members. Not just RPB members.

Blizzard
08-31-2009, 04:19 PM

Red and Black would look much better. :flare:

trane
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Red and Black is certainly the best colours, next to sky blue for a football uniform.

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 04:25 PM

Was there a reason we got Red? Because when I think (or thought) about Toronto, I used to picture Blue. Between the Leafs, Marlies, Blue Jays and Argos, blue is this cities colour no?

I like red better anyways, but a blue 3rd kit would be cool. Better then pink :D

Now, for the Marlies.

Anybody tell you that I need to buy Marlies tickets, if MLSE say I need Marlies tickets, the RPB hear it and that's that. I mean, I mighta wanted just TFC tickets next season. But if somebody say "he gotta pay more" for marlies tickets, out of all the other sports this year, that's enough. Like, if I can't pay for them, I can't pay for them, if I'm broke, I'm broke. I mean, simple as that. It ain't about that. I mean...its not about that, at all, you know what I'm saying? At all...i mean, its...its...its easy to sum it up, when you talk about partial packs. We're reading here, and I'm supposed to be TFC supporter, and we in here talking about Marlies. I mean, listen, we talking about Marlies. Not TFC, not TFC, not TFC, we talking about Marlies. Not TFC, Not the TFC that I go out there and die for, and cheer for every game like it's my last. Not TFC...we talking about Marlies man. I mean, how silly is that man, we talking about Marlies.

I know I gotta get um, I know that's how you get up to gold, I know that, and I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do, I honestly do. But we talking about Marlies man, what are we talking about? Marlies? We talking about Marlies man. We talking about Marlies. We talking about Marlies. We ain't talking about TFC, We talking about Marlies man. When you come to BMO Field, and you see DD play, you see us cheer don't you? You see us singing everything we got. But We talking about Marlies now. We talking about Mar-

Man, look, I hear you. It's funny to me too. It's strange...it's strange to me too. We talking about Marlies man. We not even talking about TFC, the actual TFC fans, those who matter. We talking about Marlies...

...how the hell can I make Toronto better by going to the Marlies?

(^^^ that's Iverson btw :D)

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Actually, screw it. I'm gunna go to every single Marlies game with a two stick saying

"MLSE Screwed me over, Here I am"

with my TFC gear from head to toe.

grizzle
08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
I agree. The red waiting list can stand alone, since people really have just "signed up" and are getting access benefits that others pay for.

The Gold List however, was a purchase that came with promise of certain benefits. We need to make sure we are delivering what we promise to Gold listers. If we change the offer for Gold Listers then of course that would be explicit at the time of purchase.

I think the whole gold list/red list priority is pretty stupid. This is a waiting list to buy an entire season's worth of tickets, NOT to buy tickets to part of the season and get oversold with some other tickets you don't want. I didn't buy tickets because I didn't want Marlies tickets, so since I didn't bend over to MLSE and decided to buy single game tickets instead I should suffer?

Section 117
08-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Red and Black would look much better. :flare:

I would have preffered black and white but that is just me

Dirk Diggler
08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Guys ... its quite obvious that Paul can't come on here and tell us to "suck it" in terms of the Marlies tickets. No sane person on the planet truly believes that there is any sort of demand to watch them. We all know why the Marlies tickets are bundled with the partials. No use arguing with mlsintoronto about something that he undoubtedly realizes. From his posts so far, it seems as if they have no intention to tinker with the bundle and from a business standpoint, that makes perfect sense.

CretanBull
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
^ Agreed, and I understand that. It is good business because it will surely make them more money, but you can only screw fans over so many times before it becomes bad business.

Hustle
08-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Was there a reason we got Red? Because when I think (or thought) about Toronto, I used to picture Blue. Between the Leafs, Marlies, Blue Jays and Argos, blue is this cities colour no?

I like red better anyways, but a blue 3rd kit would be cool. Better then pink :D

Now, for the Marlies.

Anybody tell you that I need to buy Marlies tickets, if MLSE say I need Marlies tickets, the RPB hear it and that's that. I mean, I mighta wanted just TFC tickets next season. But if somebody say "he gotta pay more" for marlies tickets, out of all the other sports this year, that's enough. Like, if I can't pay for them, I can't pay for them, if I'm broke, I'm broke. I mean, simple as that. It ain't about that. I mean...its not about that, at all, you know what I'm saying? At all...i mean, its...its...its easy to sum it up, when you talk about partial packs. We're reading here, and I'm supposed to be TFC supporter, and we in here talking about Marlies. I mean, listen, we talking about Marlies. Not TFC, not TFC, not TFC, we talking about Marlies. Not TFC, Not the TFC that I go out there and die for, and cheer for every game like it's my last. Not TFC...we talking about Marlies man. I mean, how silly is that man, we talking about Marlies.

I know I gotta get um, I know that's how you get up to gold, I know that, and I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do, I honestly do. But we talking about Marlies man, what are we talking about? Marlies? We talking about Marlies man. We talking about Marlies. We talking about Marlies. We ain't talking about TFC, We talking about Marlies man. When you come to BMO Field, and you see DD play, you see us cheer don't you? You see us singing everything we got. But We talking about Marlies now. We talking about Mar-

Man, look, I hear you. It's funny to me too. It's strange...it's strange to me too. We talking about Marlies man. We not even talking about TFC, the actual TFC fans, those who matter. We talking about Marlies...

(^^^ that's Iverson btw :D)

Fuck thats funny...!! It never gets old to me, and you just gave it a whole new life. LMAO

TFC Tifoso
08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
I would have preffered black and white but that is just me

no....its me too ;)

mlsintoronto
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM

This post made zero sense to me until I read it again with my Iverson voice.

who the hell is JimmyBaldX? I have no idea but is zooming up the chart of my favourite posters.

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Paul, the names Armen, JimmybaldX is my online tag (loooong story :D), nice to meet ya :)

Um, I'm 16 years old, I've watched since season one but just started going to games late last season-present (been to about 6 or 7 now). Love soccer with a passion, not a hockey fan (as you could probably tell) :D

Love the team more then anything else, Valencia and Chelsea are the other two teams I support, ummm, that's about it. :D

Keep up the good work Mr. Beirne.

PS: I'll buy season seats or partial packs in a heartbeat and am willing to overpay...just thought that should be put out there ;)

TFC07
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM

I think has to do with how we are only Canadian team in MLS. (red and white = Canadian colours). Besides, other two Canadian teams (Montreal and Vancouver) both wear blue. So why should we wear our enemies colours?

BTW, Black and blue > black and red. No, I am not Inter fan. I just think the term "Inter Toronto/Toronto Internationals" suits this team better than Toronto Football Club especially when the game is actually called soccer in Canada. :facepalm:

Don't know about you guys, but I actually like pink kit. Hopefully it ends up officially becoming TFC's 3rd kit.

ensco
08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm 16 years old

The Dichio thread got highjacked for 15 pages by.....a 16 year old.

Right this second I'm not feeling like I use my time very well....

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I WAS a hockey fan, but let's just not go there... I'll just say that the NHL, and not MLSE, is to blame for my disillusionment.

Paul, is there a possibility that a TFC pennant would see the light of day? I'm positive I speak for other Italian members when I say I'd love to have a TFC one on my wall. In case you missed it, like so:

BTW, I really appreciate the effort you make to communicate on here, and very much appreciate the work you do for TFC.

ArmenJBX
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
The Dichio thread got highjacked for 15 pages by.....a 16 year old.

Right this second I'm not feeling like I use my time very well....

17 in a bit :D

once again, I apologize for going offtopic. :D

TFC Tifoso
09-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Keep up the good work Mr. Beirne.

PS: I'll buy season seats or partial packs in a heartbeat and am willing to overpay...just thought that should be put out there ;)

LOL

wow.....ML$E is just gonna LOVE you!........

Inswingingwingman
09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Would this be easier to join than the RPB? I tried and finally gave up. Got messages saying soon, we are too busy, etc.

Met some nice guys when the team returned from Montreal though.

grizzle
09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Would this be easier to join than the RPB? I tried and finally gave up. Got messages saying soon, we are too busy, etc.

Met some nice guys when the team returned from Montreal though.

Did you PM your application to NatureGirl? I did mine right after getting back from Montreal and it was done within a week or so.

DOMIN8R
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM

who the hell is JimmyBaldX? I have no idea but is zooming up the chart of my favourite posters.

Although this was waaaay off topic. That was efen funny post. In my opinion. If anyone needs context......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

jaahuuu
09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I WAS a hockey fan, but let's just not go there... I'll just say that the NHL, and not MLSE, is to blame for my disillusionment.

Paul, is there a possibility that a TFC pennant would see the light of day? I'm positive I speak for other Italian members when I say I'd love to have a TFC one on my wall. In case you missed it, like so:

BTW, I really appreciate the effort you make to communicate on here, and very much appreciate the work you do for TFC.
They used to sell them at the games, I think that might have been during the first season. They also gave one away at last year's Houston game with the date & team logos on it.

I didn't buy one the first year, so I second selling them at games.

SilverSamurai
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I think has to do with how we are only Canadian team in MLS. (red and white = Canadian colours). Besides, other two Canadian teams (Montreal and Vancouver) both wear blue. So why should we wear our enemies colours?

BTW, Black and blue > black and red. No, I am not Inter fan. I just think the term "Inter Toronto/Toronto Internationals" suits this team better than Toronto Football Club especially when the game is actually called soccer in Canada. :facepalm:

Don't know about you guys, but I actually like pink kit. Hopefully it ends up officially becoming TFC's 3rd kit.
Montreal always wear black and red.hmm...
http://www.impactmontreal.com/images/Boutique/Leducsmall.JPG

Dave67
09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Although this was waaaay off topic. That was efen funny post. In my opinion. If anyone needs context......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Thanks. I just re read the other post and am now lmao!

ArmenJBX
09-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Glad I could provide some lulz :D

The banner pennant thing would be sick. I have a brasil one in my room, and I love the idea.

billyfly
09-01-2009, 02:32 PM

This is not only an Italian tradition. My Dad's basement bar is littered with Portuguese teams.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-01-2009, 03:23 PM
This is not only an Italian tradition. My Dad's basement bar is littered with Portuguese teams.
^ All the more reason. :D They're pretty cool IMO.

CretanBull
09-01-2009, 03:49 PM

This can be applied to a lot of our posts :D

mlsintoronto
09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Here is an example of what we give to our friendly opponent. Its expensive and embroidered but perhaps we do a retail version?

maybe the retail version includes the opponent's crest too?

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/mlsintoronto/Picture001.jpg

Roogsy
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
^ Dude...supporters don't always begrudge you guys from making money. Why didn't you do this before? Not sure how good it will sell, and for which events it would make sense, but I certainly wouldn't mind having one of those in my TFC room.

Also...you guys by far don't have enough merchandise variety. Just last week I was in the ACC getting a number put on the back of my new '09 away kit and I saw some TFC beer mugs. Real nice. Why haven't I seen them before? Had I not already spent $200 on my kit and number I would have bought one.

CretanBull
09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Here is an example of what we give to our friendly opponent. Its expensive and embroidered but perhaps we do a retail version?

I'd say no...I don't really want other team's crests and such on TFC stuff...let's celebrate our team, not our opponents.

mlsintoronto
09-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Roogsy - do you mean variety at BMO Field? thats purely a space issue. We have to limit ourselves to the biggest selling broadest appealing swag at games. Wait until the ACC renovation is done. CentreSports will triple in size and TFC will be a big part of that.

mlsintoronto
09-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd say no...I don't really want other team's crests and such on TFC stuff...let's celebrate our team, not our opponents.

I was just thinking that if you collected one for each friendly they'd all look the same. in 5 years you'd have a bunch of banners that look almost identical?

mlsintoronto
09-01-2009, 04:20 PM
^ Dude...supporters don't always begrudge you guys from making money.

Yes they do! :D

Roogsy
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Roogsy - do you mean variety at BMO Field? thats purely a space issue. We have to limit ourselves to the biggest selling broadest appealing swag at games. Wait until the ACC renovation is done. CentreSports will triple in size and TFC will be a big part of that.

Sweet...I am in there all the time always looking for new TFC gear.

By the way...you really need a retro adidas TFC track suit (I am not a big fan of the current trackies). I'd be all over that like a fat man on a donut. If only you knew how appropriate that metaphor was!

Roogsy
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM

I don't know about that...supporters scarves often have opponent's crests on them don't they? Why can't other merch commemorating an event especially a friendly?

CretanBull
09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I was just thinking that if you collected one for each friendly they'd all look the same. in 5 years you'd have a bunch of banners that look almost identical?

I can see that looking cool....I'd just want it to come across as a peice of TFC merch and not look like a joint TFC/River Plate thing, know what I mean?

mlsintoronto
09-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I can see that looking cool....I'd just want it to come across as a peice of TFC merch and not look like a joint TFC/River Plate thing, know what I mean?

yup - a big TFC vs a teeny RiverPlate.

perfect.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM

That'd be great!!! Looks awesome! A printed version like the Udinese one I linked would suffice.

Opponent's crest wouldn't be such a huge deal to me, the name is enough IMO. Props for listening, though, thank you!!! :D :drinking:

Dave67
09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
yup - a big TFC vs a teeny RiverPlate.

perfect.

Good idea, probably should stick with TFC due to the issues spelling Toronoto :)

ArmenJBX
09-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Throw in a Calendar, a poster, and a hat/touque and I'm sold :D

Inswingingwingman
09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Did you PM your application to NatureGirl? I did mine right after getting back from Montreal and it was done within a week or so.

I got a we are very busy PM and we will get back to you reply. Sometime in early June. I 'applied' many weeks earlier with no reponse so I sent Jack a PM.

Inswingingwingman
09-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Speaking of uniforms, make ours fieldturf in colour, and paint the faces. Even if Mo wants to put kilts on the lads. Wait, kilts, the colour of fieldturf, and warpaint. Scare the beje...never mind. Braveheart.

jaahuuu
09-02-2009, 09:07 AM
If I'm counting right there are 6 merchandise stands at BMO, maybe one could be dedicated to special centresports only stuff (as mentioned above beer mugs or match specific banners, etc) while the rest could be the normal broader appeal items.

Some of us are only in Toronto for the games and can't ever get to centresports.

Hitcho
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Wait until the ACC renovation is done. CentreSports will triple in size and TFC will be a big part of that.

That sounds awesome. So in effect, TFC could have space about equivalent to the whole of centre sports now then? Man, that'd be awesome. There's so much stuff I'd like to see there. For example, can we have TFC calendars the way teams like liverpool etc put out? And can we get some of those full size tfc branded footballs in stock too? I have wanted to order one from the MLS website for ages but the shipping from the states is ridiculous! Fridge magnets. More player prints. Boot bags.

When is this work likely to be finished Paul? And will Centre Sports be shut down while it is going on?

Phil
09-02-2009, 12:12 PM
As far as I know, just from the people who work at Center Sports, the new store is being built in that massive condo complex across the street from ACC.

That means the existing store will stay open while the new store is created.

TOBOR !
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
slightly on topic, when will those TFC gift cards be accepted at BMO Field ?

jabbronies
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM

I think for international friendlies the opponent crest would be alright.
If it were another MLS team, then I'd say fuck it.

Hitcho
09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
As far as I know, just from the people who work at Center Sports, the new store is being built in that massive condo complex across the street from ACC.

That means the existing store will stay open while the new store is created.

Interesting - thanks RooneyRPB.

Venator21
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Another idea might be for membership to give you preferred access to the stadium. i.e. the possibility of tours of BMO Field, or discounts on field rentals during the off-season.

AL-MO
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Another idea might be for membership to give you preferred access to the stadium. i.e. the possibility of tours of BMO Field, or discounts on field rentals during the off-season.

Considering they want to put grass in, I can't see rentals playing much of a role in BMO's future.

ilikemusic
09-03-2009, 01:19 PM

I would buy that!

And I would defintitely be in favour of having the opponents crest as well as ours on there.

ilikemusic
09-03-2009, 01:21 PM

I love to hate on MLSE, but I cant wait for the renovation to be done!

Its going to look so freaking awesome.

Im really interested in the viewing area with the giant TV screen.

Im not sure what MLSE's plans are for it, but I can just imagine the revelry that could go on out there while people watch Leafs playoffs games in June.

I know, Leafs in the playoffs, lol, but it could happen.:rolleyes:

edit: and would someone like to tell me why cut and paste doesnt work properly on this board? I make lots of double posts because I cant just copy and past something in.

Stryker
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
My thoughts on this are simple.. if you're going to somehow give us better access to the team or BMO Field then I'm all for it.
If you're looking for a way to push more merchandise then stick it up......

Parkdale
09-03-2009, 01:44 PM

or include them in the ticket pack next year?

I still like getting the scarves, but something unique would be nice.

flatpicker
09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Maybe season ticket holders and TFC members get to vote on the next jersey design?

:D

I want quarters!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/alttfcshirt.jpg

Red CB Toronto
09-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe season ticket holders and TFC members get to vote on the next jersey design?

:D

I want quarters!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/alttfcshirt.jpg

Now that looks cool, I like the idea of quarter squares on the jersey.

SilverSamurai
09-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Just wondering, what the point of this is.
I can see the point from a fan point of view like a collectible, but do teams usually save them and then put them on display somewhere or what?

SilverSamurai
09-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Sweet...I am in there all the time always looking for new TFC gear.

By the way...you really need a retro adidas TFC track suit (I am not a big fan of the current trackies). I'd be all over that like a fat man on a donut. If only you knew how appropriate that metaphor was!
Retro!? The team is only in its 3rd season! :o

flatpicker
09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Now that looks cool, I like the idea of quarter squares on the jersey.

I don't mean to take this off topic (I was half joking/half serious about STH's and members voting on jersey designs)

But, as for this jersey... I think the quarters would be unique in the league... and snazzy!

And it crossed my mind that Adidas sponsors everyone, so I added their mark to the shirt.

Just for funzies! :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/alttfcshirt2.jpg

Blizzard
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't mean to take this off topic (I was half joking/half serious about STH's and members voting on jersey designs)

But, as for this jersey... I think the quarters would be unique in the league... and snazzy!

And it crossed my mind that Adidas sponsors everyone, so I added their mark to the shirt.

I like it a lot!!!

Banjax
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Since we are talking about Jerseys.
Here are two i quickly thought up i like them alot but thats because i made them :D
only thing is ethier using white or grey shorts for each one
http://i31.tinypic.com/whzeog.png

TFC07
09-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Here are two i quickly thought up i like them alot but thats because i made them :D

First kit (with black shorts) looks great!

tim90
09-04-2009, 06:38 PM
i will like mlse to gave tshits jestey mediaguide and gameday pogrem for all season tickets holder and food vicher and free parking and marlies tickets

Cashcleaner
09-04-2009, 07:29 PM

I remember myself and a few others on the original board had uploaded a shitload of theoretical shirt designs. Really cool to see a proper photoshop of them, though. I always liked the quartered grey-and-white look. That is fucking bad ass!

flatpicker
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
^ I stole the image from Bristol Rovers (took a little mucking around to make the blue and white into red and grey)

And I figured what better head to attach than Mr. Dichio's.

As a STH, I would happily vote for that!

Dirk Diggler
09-05-2009, 05:04 PM
i will like mlse to gave tshits jestey mediaguide and gameday pogrem for all season tickets holder and food vicher and free parking and marlies tickets

LMAO ... classic ... is this truly tim90 though?

flatpicker
09-05-2009, 05:17 PM
^ that's the mystery... he's like a superhero.

ArmenJBX
09-05-2009, 05:22 PM

First kit, use the second half of the second kit twice. Red shirt, black sleeves with white trim (collar, sleeve stripes, and a strip on the bottom), Black shorts with white trim.

That would be awesome.

Edit: Whipped one up.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6001/shirtyl.jpg