PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Circle

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6914/stratagy.png

Behold! The Mighty Circle! It's the foolproof way to win your games, or at least score an incredible, unique goal. De Rosario get's the ball, the team runs in and circles around him, creating an impenetrable circle. The group begins walking towards the net till they get to the end. Either they push into the net for DeRo to walk it in, or they open up at the last second and we take a strike.

Any opposing player cannot slide tackle the players, because it would result in a red card, for tackling a player without the ball. Anyone who jumps in would commit a foul for using another body as leverage. Technically, we wouldn't be committing any fouls either, because no one forces you to be in your position. If anyone can think of a downside, post it here, but, as far as I can tell...it's foolproof! If we can perfect this....oh baby we would win every game!

A downside could be that the other team could form a wall to prevent us going in, but, by the time they realise what's going on, we could score one goal, I'm sure of it! This would be the greatest play in football history!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

London
08-26-2009, 03:09 PM
is this a version of hockeys flying V

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Exactly!^^

Jay P
08-26-2009, 03:10 PM
i spit out my coffee @ my desk...

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
in a good way? lol :D

Jay P
08-26-2009, 03:19 PM
in a good way? lol :D
Ya I'm still laughing!

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Do you think we can pull this off? I'm dead Serious, I need to contact CC immediately. We could go down in soccer history if we pull this off successfully.

Section 117
08-26-2009, 03:24 PM
smoke another one son, we have no tactics CC would probably screw this up too...

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Guess your right, it would just be awesome to see. I can picture it now, the shock on seattle fans faces, Casey Keller freaking out, Fredy Montero arms in the air, and Ljunburg facepalming, while our boys celebrate the goal of a lifetime.

Roogsy
08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Funny enough...I see the value in trying something new.

This team plays the same way game in game out, teams have adjusted to us. They are one of the most predictable teams I have ever watched. I know exactly what they want to do, and how they try to do it. I imagine the teams facing them know this too and plan accordingly.

They'd never see the Mighty Circle coming! :D

Belfast_Boy
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
DUDE!!! I almost choaked on a blueberry..... not exactly how I want to check out!

thanks for the laugh.

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Beyond it being a good idea, it's very adaptable to whichever player has the ball. As a matter of fact, this is the time where the bigger the better. If you've got Adrian Serioux, Ali Gerba and DD all in this circle, no one can push um around. Imagine, knowing that you have one chance this season to make it work without anyone knowing it, we're in the MLS cup final, 1-1 at 89 minutes, and we pull this bad boy out. I'm actually googling this because I can't believe this hasn't been tried. Puerto Rico Islanders would have been defeated if we had this circle...

The possibilities are endless!

It's also a wicked time waster. Imagine this scenario. 1-0 up in a crucial playoff race game. 85 minutes, other team is putting on the pressure. The circle comes in around Stefan Frei. The ultimate defense as well as offence!

Belfast_Boy
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
9v-4Ug0IgVo
perhaps if we made a large wooden badger!!!!

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I wonder if any team has ever used this? Have any of the TFC players ever posted anything on this forum, or is there evidence that they view it? Because if one of them sees this and shows it to CC, I can see us trying this.

AL-MO
08-26-2009, 04:15 PM
You should have saved this for Friday. :cool:

Friday is FUN day on these boards.

Bars92
08-26-2009, 07:29 PM
I think this is how rugby was invented.

sulfur
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Sadly, the dudes around the circle would inevitably be called for impeding an opposing player on his path toward the ball since you cannot play a moving pick. or a standing still pick.

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Can you please elaborate on that? What rules exactly would we be breaking, and what is a moving pick?

Dirk Diggler
08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Can you please elaborate on that? What rules exactly would we be breaking, and what is a moving pick?

A moving pick would be someone in motion constantly trying to block the defenders path from the person with the ball.

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
What if we avoid them as much as we can, or do it last second.

Sighh...now that this developement came up...I'm out of ideas. I think this plan is done for...

Oh well...

Nerepis
08-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Or maybe we could try this....:rolleyes:

fDZflfrfhdM

TOBOR !
08-27-2009, 07:18 AM
would the players all link arms ?

In any case, as soon as the ball was played forward any reasonably coached team would be able to put the front edge of the circle offside.

I guess what I'm saying is that this would only work against us.

Dave67
08-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Gerba's circle is not big enough to be a true representation of the man. Gerba would only actually make it into the circle if he was directly beside DeRo when DeRo received the ball. Otherwise you would have an opening where Gerba was meant to be.

flambe
08-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I play in Toronto SSC intermediate league, our record this season is worse than the shite bulls.

I swear to god I had this very idea a couple of weeks back.

Now we're in play-offs it might be used. Benefit here is that there are no offside rules in the league!

I'll keep you posted as to it's success!

pekduck
08-27-2009, 09:44 AM
I play in Toronto SSC intermediate league, our record this season is worse than the shite bulls.

I swear to god I had this very idea a couple of weeks back.

Now we're in play-offs it might be used. Benefit here is that there are no offside rules in the league!

I'll keep you posted as to it's success!

ROFL...

you are not playing against my team in TSSC i hope...

flambe
08-27-2009, 09:45 AM
ROFL...
you are not playing against my team in TSSC i hope...

Tuesday nights @ Soccerworld
What's your team name?

Parkdale
08-27-2009, 09:48 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pPkDPThRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

pekduck
08-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Tuesday nights @ Soccerworld
What's your team name?

ah... we're in Sunday league, my workplace's team

but we are switching out of TSSC next season.. just going to play indoor @ soccerworld over the winter.. Sunday again

ArmenJBX
08-27-2009, 09:53 AM
We must all have faith that this circle will lead us to glory! An offside can be avoided, as can everything else. If we practice this as much as possible, and try to cover any mistakes till we get it right, the circle can, nay, WILL, win us the FIFA Club World Cup!