PDA

View Full Version : new article: What's the real reason behind Danny Dichio being freezed out by Toronto

Parkdale
08-26-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/08/whats_the_real_reason_behind_d.html

A new article form John Molinaro at the CBC.

For a player known for his combative and confrontational playing style, Danny Dichio exudes a quiet thoughtfulness off the field.

Hidden behind that warrior-like exterior is a gentle soul, a devoted husband and father of three and, to hear his teammates tell it, someone who will go to the ends of the earth and back for his friends, family, and for Toronto FC.
It’s too bad TFC management doesn’t seem to understand what that means.

please keep this thread to discussion on the article only please.
for general talk, use the thread in the main TFC section.

FluSH
08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm speechless... John came out guns blazing in this article. Kudos to John for standing up and putting himself on the front line for speaking what many of us feel.

INTERIM

That is all I have to say for now...

canadian_bhoy
08-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Do people who work for TFC go into the office in the morning and say "Hmm...how can we fuck this one up?"

I mean, I can understand gouging people on the Real Madrid game, but this? Fucking up the farewell of your club's first real icon?

This is a great article. You can tell that JM is pissed at the club...and more and more, I get the feeling that everyone else should be too.

MG42
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm feeling extreme anger right now...

Parkdale
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
You can tell that JM is pissed at the club...and more and more, I get the feeling that everyone else should be too.

It's rare to see a sport writer stick his neck out.

He's not covering political corruption, or bay street weasels, he's covering sports,
and sticking your neck out can being down the hatchet. But you know what - this story is too big NOT to risk it.

kudos John.

billyfly
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Danny should grow his hair back in protest.

Lucky Strike
Fantastic. Thank you John for calling out the club on Danny's behalf. He's my favourite player since the day he came to TFC, even before he scored "the goal". He deserves so much respect.

flatpicker
good read... thanks.

London
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
this angers up the blood!!!

Oldtimer
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Discuss in the Dichio mystery thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=686818#post686818