Fellinga
OBW

Not Used:
Dichio (not flying)
Serioux (suspended)
Robo (suspended)

Shakes McQueen
08-26-2009, 02:08 AM
It will be a turning point for us, whatever the result. It'll either be an affirmation that this team CAN ably compete down the stretch for the post-season, or that we probably aren't ready yet.

Looking forward to seeing how a CB pairing of Attakora-Gomez works out (assuming that is what it is). Garcia would get absolutely torched by guys like Montero, though Fredy has been ice cold recently. I'm also hoping Fellinga gets some playing time.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
08-26-2009, 06:48 AM
id like to see some of the no plays/youngin play too but i dont think we will and i think we will see a loss as a result

MartinUtd
08-26-2009, 06:58 AM
According to Kristian Jack on the Footy Blog:

I am hearing Fellinga is no where near ready to play in the MLS. Fitness wise and tactically.

Not a good sign for our depth, either way its better than an empty slot.

scut farkus
08-26-2009, 08:17 AM
------------Dichio------------
Dichio---Dichio--Dichio--Dichio
---------Dichio--Dichio-------

With a Dichio hat trick.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
According to Kristian Jack on the Footy Blog:

Not a good sign for our depth, either way its better than an empty slot.

i wanna know why they signed him, seems ridiculous no?

Ageroo
08-26-2009, 08:37 AM
i wanna know why they signed him, seems ridiculous no?

The reserve squads over in europe play quite a bit...don't they? Why is he so unfit? It does seem ridiculous.....

maninb
08-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Better not have Garcia anywhere near the pitch...like mentioned previously he's no longer a MLS caliber starter...he's a late game 5-at-the-back defensive replacement ONLY!!!

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
I've followed Nick Garcia for a couple years now, I remember always buying him in FIFA 06-FIFA 09 (Don't have to in 10 lol)

Nicky's one of my favorite defenders in this league, trust me, what he lacks in speed he brings in leadership. Our defenders aren't very smart, Wynne is always out of position, Attakora has a good head on his shoulders but it still learning and Brennan...is Brennan. But Nick Garcia brings that stability and confidence in the backline that we lack. Trust me, we haven't seen the best of Garcia just yet.

ensco
08-26-2009, 09:14 AM
------------Dichio------------
---------Dichio--Dichio-------

With a Dichio hat trick.

Plus Head Coach Dichio with assistants Dichio and Dichio

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
It's hard to believe that Fellinga isn't tactically ready to play with TFC - one thing I wouldn't accuses TFC of is tactical complexity.

prizby
08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Here is why you start Garcia. When it was attakora and gomez in the middle, it was serioux who was leading the line, but serioux was the left back and the communication was not getting from the left side all the way to the right side and I think this is why Serioux moved into the middle later on and gomez to the left, without serioux now, you leave gomez and attkora, two rookie defenders to deal with the likes of montero, le toux, zakuani, jaqua, Ljundborg...and having a steady head in the middle makes a lot more sense then sending out fresh blood

maybe we'll see

-------------Frei-------------
----Attkora-Garcia-Gomez----
Wynne---------------Brennan
-----Cronin-Vitti-Guevara----
--------DeRo---------------
---------------Gerba--------

maybe Barrett for Gerba, same sort of bench

dag
08-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I look forward to seeing some TFC supporters in the stands on Saturday night. I don't know whether to watch this match at home or to go to a bar. Unfortunately, I must admit, I'm not very confident at our prospects. I hope I'm proven wrong.

rocker
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
i'm kinda glad Robinson and Serioux are suspended. Robinson just isn't playing well lately. He seems to be fucking up a lot and then trying to "make up for it" by chasing down players and fouling them. I think Cronin and Sanyang can do the job. Serioux also still looks like he's fighting an injury and I think he needs some time off. He's awesome but maybe we can get by with Wynne, Nana, Gomez and Brennan.

Cas87
08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
---------------- Frei ------------------
Nana --- Gomez ---- Garcia --- Brennan
------------ Cronin -- Sanyang --------
-------------- Guevara ---------------
------------------------De Ro --------
------ Gerba ----------- Dichio -------

Subs:
Barrett for Dichio in 70th - 75th minute
Gala for Sanyang 75th - 80th minute
White for Gerba 85th - 90th minute

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
The prospect of a hammering is real in this match with Seattle being real good and home..TFC need to have their game of the year to get points out of this one....Seattle 4 TFC 0...i hope im wrong, but this scoreline is
possible or worse.:scarf:

MartinUtd
08-26-2009, 12:15 PM
I thought Dichio wasn't making the trip?

barca99
08-26-2009, 02:16 PM
-------------Frei-------------
----Attkora-Garcia-Gomez----
Wynne---------------Brennan
-----Cronin-Vitti-Guevara----
--------DeRo---------------
---------------Gerba--------

IMO, TFC's biggest problem this season has been width, or lack thereof. I don't think Brennan and Wynne can do the job, and still defend, but this may be the best option I've seen so far.

How about?:

------------------Frei-----------------
---Wynne--Attakora--Garcia--Gomez----
-Barrett----Cronin-Guevara----Brennan-
------------DeRo-----Gerba-----------

I think Cronin and Guevara in the centre of midfield would work out great. They can both be offensive threats, and Cronin can chase back well to defend too.

jloome
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I've followed Nick Garcia for a couple years now, I remember always buying him in FIFA 06-FIFA 09 (Don't have to in 10 lol)

Nicky's one of my favorite defenders in this league, trust me, what he lacks in speed he brings in leadership. Our defenders aren't very smart, Wynne is always out of position, Attakora has a good head on his shoulders but it still learning and Brennan...is Brennan. But Nick Garcia brings that stability and confidence in the backline that we lack. Trust me, we haven't seen the best of Garcia just yet.

better not have, as he's been one of the worst central defenders the team has ever fielded.

He's past it. Utterly. It's obvious he reads the game well and delivers the ball well, but his size and speed are no longer in tune with MLS.

jloome
08-26-2009, 05:45 PM
---------------Frei----------------
----Attakora--Gomez--Brennan--
Wynne--------------------Cronin
--------Guevara-Sanyang---------
-------------Vitti-----------------
------Gerba------DeRosario

prizby
08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
IMO, TFC's biggest problem this season has been width, or lack thereof. I don't think Brennan and Wynne can do the job, and still defend, but this may be the best option I've seen so far.

How about?:

---Wynne--Attakora--Garcia--Gomez----
-Barrett----Cronin-Guevara----Brennan-
------------DeRo-----Gerba-----------

I think Cronin and Guevara in the centre of midfield would work out great. They can both be offensive threats, and Cronin can chase back well to defend too.

i like it, but i'd put vitti in for Barrett...something i could see happeninng though

ArmenJBX
08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
better not have, as he's been one of the worst central defenders the team has ever fielded.

He's past it. Utterly. It's obvious he reads the game well and delivers the ball well, but his size and speed are no longer in tune with MLS.

Would we be better off without him? I don't know. Fact is, he brings that extra bit of experience, and he's generally solid. For me, personally, I haven't seen why people here don't like him, whenever I've seen him he's defended pretty well and he stopped play several times. But maybe that's because I like the guy as a player. Right now though, we shouldn't be singling players out, this is the time where the team needs to be a team, so any shuffling of players is gunna hurt us. Let's get behind these guys so we can win the MLS Cup/FIFA Club world cup!

Bars92
08-26-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll take a hard-fought draw and a win in Colorado.

jloome
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Would we be better off without him? I don't know. Fact is, he brings that extra bit of experience, and he's generally solid. For me, personally, I haven't seen why people here don't like him, whenever I've seen him he's defended pretty well and he stopped play several times. But maybe that's because I like the guy as a player. Right now though, we shouldn't be singling players out, this is the time where the team needs to be a team, so any shuffling of players is gunna hurt us. Let's get behind these guys so we can win the MLS Cup/FIFA Club world cup!

He's been beaten repeatedly and cost us several goals already, and he hasn't been here that long. Just look at that absolute boner in his last league game, against New England, where he simply lets Jankauskas muscle him off the ball inside the box and score a tap in. Unacceptable.

Shakes McQueen
08-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Garcia is a reasonable pickup for depth, but as a starter? No thanks. I'll take Gomez-Attakora, Gomez-Serioux, or Attakora-Serioux any day of the week over that aging stiff.

"Experience" is heavily overrated, when it comes to people whose skills are diminishing. It's one of those misleading terms, kind of like when real estate agents call a small house "quaint", or a total hole of a house a "fixer-upper", haha.

Garcia makes tons of grievous errors, and doesn't have the legs to make up for them. We have other, better options. Garcia's "experience" is best used in the locker room, to keep guys working for eachother, and working well.

- Scott

TFC07
08-26-2009, 08:39 PM
This game might get ugly for TFC. :(

gracos
08-27-2009, 12:46 AM
---Wynne--Attakora--Gomez---Gala---
-Cronin----Vitti-Guevara----Brennan-
------------DeRo----- Barrett-----------

I think this would look somewhat good, we still need to give Gala a chance of playing within the MLS lets see what he can do maybe he will impress, place Vitti, beside Guevara, so they can communicate better, because Guevara knows what he is doing, Cronin has worked pretty well for a winger in the past. place Barrett in because he communicates well with De Ro and maybe we could learn something new

T.O TILL I DIE
08-27-2009, 12:53 AM
WE NEED TO WIN THATS ALL I NEED TO SAY :scarf:

twistedchinaman
08-27-2009, 01:20 AM
^ Agreed.

Losing this game is simply not an option, for my sake and theirs. Mine, because I'm sick of traveling to watch losses. Theirs, is because winning will help them towards the path and potentially dent Seattle's in the wildcard race.

Brooker
08-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Better not have Garcia anywhere near the pitch...like mentioned previously he's no longer a MLS caliber starter...he's a late game 5-at-the-back defensive replacement ONLY!!!

Garcia expert here. Make way.

Kevvv
08-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Garcia is a reasonable pickup for depth, but as a starter? No thanks. I'll take Gomez-Attakora, Gomez-Serioux, or Attakora-Serioux any day of the week over that aging stiff.

"Experience" is heavily overrated, when it comes to people whose skills are diminishing. It's one of those misleading terms, kind of like when real estate agents call a small house "quaint", or a total hole of a house a "fixer-upper", haha.

Garcia makes tons of grievous errors, and doesn't have the legs to make up for them. We have other, better options. Garcia's "experience" is best used in the locker room, to keep guys working for eachother, and working well.

- Scott

I don't know if it's experience or legs, we need something to held leads in the last third of games

Oldtimer
08-27-2009, 07:17 AM
If we can get a draw out of this, I'll be happy.

prizby
08-27-2009, 07:18 AM

- Scott

who's gonna hold the line if attakora/gomez start, who's gonna yell at the players and keep the backline organized, cuz i see neither of them doing this..that is why garcia will start!

maninb
08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
IMO best we can hope for is a draw....

Oldtimer
08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Sounds like DD is going to Seattle!

Off to Seattle!!!

from Danny's twitter account: http://twitter.com/DannyDichio

prizby
08-27-2009, 07:32 AM
so than ibrahim is likely staying home?

Section 117
08-27-2009, 07:39 AM
In the end a draw would be the best result, but realistcally I can't see it happening we lose 3 -1 Dero with the goal

Jay P
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
i'd like to see the formation we had vs DCU again... IMO i think it could work vs the sounders... it should also be a more favourable climate in seattle which should help our boys forcast is 22 and sunny for saturday

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-27-2009, 09:26 AM
hope im wrong...but this one could be ugly!

v00d00daddy
08-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't know if it's experience or legs, we need something to held leads in the last third of games

Agreed. 100%

All this talk of Garcia stinking and costing us goals.....yet Wynne and Brennan are in almost everybody's starting lineup?

Garcia has no speed and little strength to push guys off the ball but, like a previous poster mentioned, he reads the game well and distributes the ball well. I'd take that over the human whirling dirvish known as Marvell Wynne.

Guys like Wynne and Brennan are the ones causing a lot of goals. Unfortunately we have nobody to replace them. Apparently this Felinga kid is not up to snuff with TFC's "tactics".

Hey Lesley........Get the ball.......Look up for a second.....Ignore the midfielder to your right.....ignore the midfielder to you left......Ignore the midfiedler in front of you......ignore the defender to your right........AND......AND........HOOF the ball 40 yards up field so that one of your strikers can run his ass off just to try and keep it from going out of play.

There you go Felinga. TFC LB tactics....brought to you by Captain Canada....Jimmy B. :)

This is gonna be tough for TFC which may be a good sign. They tend to surprise us every once in a while.

Section 117
08-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Agreed. 100%

All this talk of Garcia stinking and costing us goals.....yet Wynne and Brennan are in almost everybody's starting lineup?

Garcia has no speed and little strength to push guys off the ball but, like a previous poster mentioned, he reads the game well and distributes the ball well. I'd take that over the human whirling dirvish known as Marvell Wynne.

Guys like Wynne and Brennan are the ones causing a lot of goals. Unfortunately we have nobody to replace them. Apparently this Felinga kid is not up to snuff with TFC's "tactics".

Hey Lesley........Get the ball.......Look up for a second.....Ignore the midfielder to your right.....ignore the midfielder to you left......Ignore the midfiedler in front of you......ignore the defender to your right........AND......AND........HOOF the ball 40 yards up field so that one of your strikers can run his ass off just to try and keep it from going out of play.

There you go Felinga. TFC LB tactics....brought to you by Captain Canada....Jimmy B. :)

This is gonna be tough for TFC which may be a good sign. They tend to surprise us every once in a while.

I nearly spit out my coffee that is brilliant. Best post I have seen to explain TFC tactics

Yohan
08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
this is a very winnable game, considering Seattle has been having trouble scoring both home and away

put two goals in, and TFC should win 2-1...

though Seattle does have pretty much full squad available

ilikemusic
08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Dont know if it has been asked (or answered) yet, but will we be able to watch this game in HD on the Seattle network? Theyve shown a few HD games that ive noticed this season.

If CBC is in HD, I will obviously watch that, but I doubt it will be.

Billy the kid
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Journalist urging Seattle to be extra loud against us. They are aware of ACES and TFC filming them.

http://www.examiner.com/x-413-Seattle-Soccer-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Green-Hell-Saturday-Sounders-fans-need-to-set-a-new-high-for-noise

Jay P
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Journalist urging Seattle to be extra loud against us. They are aware of ACES and TFC filming them.

http://www.examiner.com/x-413-Seattle-Soccer-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Green-Hell-Saturday-Sounders-fans-need-to-set-a-new-high-for-noise

until a few dozen in red knock em off their feet with the loudest Dichio 24 evAr!

Parkdale
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM

http://www.examiner.com/x-413-Seattle-Soccer-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Green-Hell-Saturday-Sounders-fans-need-to-set-a-new-high-for-noise (http://www.examiner.com/x-413-Seattle-Soccer-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d27-Green-Hell-Saturday-Sounders-fans-need-to-set-a-new-high-for-noise)

oh great..... I thought I was going to be able to leave my disguise at home.

guess not!

Super
08-27-2009, 01:10 PM
this is a very winnable game, considering Seattle has been having trouble scoring both home and away

Chivas had trouble scoring as well - until they played NYRB and us. I'm personally more concerned with the motivation on our team. The Chivas game was embarrasing to watch - as if the team didn't really care one way or another. It's up to Cummins to put the fire under the team and make them work hard throughout the game. THEN we might have a chance.

Parkdale
08-27-2009, 01:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/red_in_qwest.jpg?t=1251397380

^ I think that's where the TFC away support will be. Keep your eyes peeled!

Super
08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Cool - you will be under a bit of roof right there.

Red Rat
08-27-2009, 01:38 PM

I doubt that we will win just don't lose the same way that they did against Chivas, that was painful to watch.
A draw even better, gt a point from it and it will be our victory

FluSH
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
With Montero out of the picture... anything but a win would be a failure.

BuSaPuNk
08-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Completely agree with you Flush. Win or go home!!! :scarf:

rocker
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Montero is out? what's he got?

Jay P
08-27-2009, 01:46 PM

Montero will be back saturday, he wasn't in the lineup when they played us in April :(

it could be possible the Sounders are looking ahead to next weds open cup final, lets hope a showdown w/ DCU for some hardware is in fact a distraction

or at least trying to look good for Parkdale TV :hump:

Alarius
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Im afraid this will be a very ugly loss for TFC.... I'll be watching with one eye closed...

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
^^^ I know i think were going to boped 3-0

BallardSounder
08-27-2009, 05:59 PM
TFC win 2 nil.

Usually the away supporters are the section in the very corner, by the way, so that would be two sections over from the area you've marked.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Chivas had trouble scoring as well - until they played NYRB and us. I'm personally more concerned with the motivation on our team. The Chivas game was embarrasing to watch - as if the team didn't really care one way or another. It's up to Cummins to put the fire under the team and make them work hard throughout the game. THEN we might have a chance.

Its up to the players to motivate themselves, they are suppose to be professional..they cant go out like in Chivas for a stroll in the park.
This will not be a fun game saturday..but could be if the players actually
want to win..its up to them!!:scarf:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
what sect # is the away support in???

TFC USA
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I've run out of confidence for this team on the road.

3-1 loss.

FluSH
08-27-2009, 11:57 PM
ok I just heard that Montero will not be missing tomorrow's match! I thought he was suspended because of the yellows?

T.O TILL I DIE
08-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I THINK SOUNDERS FANS R GONNA BE FKNNN LOUD:picard:
BUT TO THE FANS THAT R GOING DOWN THERE SHOW THEM R SUPPORT IS JUST AS BETTER!!! :drum: :flare:

prizby
08-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Sounders fans in Toronto: 1 (if you count fat man carey)
TFC fans in Seattle: >1 (real fans)

T.O TILL I DIE
08-28-2009, 01:36 AM

lol were gonna have more then 1 tfc fan in seattle ?
and the fat man doesnt countt!! lol

twistedchinaman
08-28-2009, 01:44 AM

Oh snap!

peterboroughtfcfan
08-28-2009, 10:18 AM
There is way too much negativity on here. I know we got spanked last week and we've been garbage on the road for a while, but we've pulled off bigger before.

Remember how positive we all were when we beat Kansas City on the road at the start of the season. This team has all the pieces to be one of the best in the MLS and they haven't lived up to that as of yet (except for about 70 mins in MTL). This will be the game to turn it around.

TFC 3 - Dirty Hippy Lime Green Wearing Assholes 1

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!:scarf:

daner90
08-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I am going to call for a big win on the road...not due to any logic but because I cant go into a game with a negative attitude. Come on you reds!!

Libra_60
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Lineups being tossed about are just that, being tossed about. The bottom line is our best must play their best with passion, desperation & conviction. DeRo, Gerba, Barrett, Guevera, Vitti must be at their absolute best both on and off the ball. If you look at the standings and this weekends match ups, this game is probably the most crucial of the season and anything less than a victory would probably be the end to our playoff hopes. I say they can do it in Seattle.

barca99
08-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like DD is going to Seattle!

from Danny's twitter account: http://twitter.com/DannyDichio

This is HUGE! I'M JACKED TO SEE HIM!:hump: Let's hope they're not just bringing him for a picture op standing beside the spaceneedle!

until a few dozen in red knock em off their feet with the loudest Dichio 24 evAr!

+1!:scarf: I'll be belting it out as loud as I can!

From right about there (I think all the TFC fans are in that general area):flare:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/red_in_qwest.jpg?t=1251397380

^ I think that's where the TFC away support will be. Keep your eyes peeled!

brad
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
This is the MLS. Any predictions of form week in and week out are meaningless.

We may go in there and win 4-0, or we may get killed 4-0. That's how this league works - neither would surprise me.

Nuvinho
08-28-2009, 12:47 PM
ok I just heard that Montero will not be missing tomorrow's match! I thought he was suspended because of the yellows?

He missed the Houston game on Sunday. Seattle played 2 games last week, that's why he is able to play this Saturday.

Cas87
08-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Here is what I say in terms of formation for the "Push for the Playoffs"

Formation 1
-------------- Frei ---------------
Nana --- Garcia -- Gomez -- Serioux
--- Wynne ------------ Brennan --
---------- Cronin -----------------
------------------- Guevara ------
----- De Ro --------- Gerba -------

Three main subs:
1. Sanyang for Guevara
2. Robbo for Brennan
3. Dichio for Gerba

Formation 2
--------------- Frei ----------------
-- Nana -- Garcia/Gomez -- Serioux --
------- Robbo ------------ Brennan --
-------------- Cronin ----------------
Guevara ------------------- De Ro ---
-------- Dichio/White ------ Gerba ---

Three main subs:
1. Garcia for Gomez for vice-versa
2. Dichio for white for vice versa
3a. Barrett for Gerba
3b. Sanyang for Robbo/Brennan

kitchener-TFC
08-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Fck all of the negativity on here. 1-0 TFC!

ArmenJBX
08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
My goal in life right now is to see at least 3000 TFC fans in Seattle, just to fill an entire side, sing and chant OUR songs, and show um how its done. God, if you're listening, make this come true one day! :D

lintberg
08-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Serioux is suspended for this match.

Here is what I say in terms of formation for the "Push for the Playoffs"

Formation 1
-------------- Frei ---------------
Nana --- Garcia -- Gomez -- Serioux
--- Wynne ------------ Brennan --
---------- Cronin -----------------
------------------- Guevara ------
----- De Ro --------- Gerba -------

Three main subs:
1. Sanyang for Guevara
2. Robbo for Brennan
3. Dichio for Gerba

Formation 2
--------------- Frei ----------------
-- Nana -- Garcia/Gomez -- Serioux --
------- Robbo ------------ Brennan --
-------------- Cronin ----------------
Guevara ------------------- De Ro ---
-------- Dichio/White ------ Gerba ---

Three main subs:
1. Garcia for Gomez for vice-versa
2. Dichio for white for vice versa
3a. Barrett for Gerba
3b. Sanyang for Robbo/Brennan

lintberg
08-28-2009, 01:30 PM
2-1 Toronto

Go Reds Go!!

CoachGT
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM

So is Robbo

Belfast_Boy
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Anyone going here to watch the game???

The Seanachai Irish Pub
1106 Danforth Ave.
(North side, between Donlands and Greenwood subway stations.)
(416) 465-4500

lintberg
08-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Anyone going to Shoeless tomorrow?

Cas87
08-28-2009, 02:50 PM

I suggested formations for all matches leading to the playoffs

lintberg
08-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Fair enough.
(I thought it was just for the Seattle match)

I suggested formations for all matches leading to the playoffs

djmike
08-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Gotta play better than last game! They were totally listless. I was at the game and Chivas fans let us know they felt bad for us.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Maybe trying a lineup that has not been done before:

Frei

Brennan.....................Felligna.............. ...........Wynne

Cronin................Guevara...........Vitti..... ........Gala.............

Barrett.............Gerba........................ White

its a bit high risk..but we have nothing to lose

ArmenJBX
08-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Fellinga said he isn't ready yet.

TFC07
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh man, I just found out this game starts at same time as Canada vs. Uruguay basketball game. :(

DoubleUp
08-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Frei
Nana Garcia Gomes Brennan

Sanyang

Barrett Guevara vitti

Dero Gerba

I choose you baby!!! <3

Rockin110
08-29-2009, 12:42 AM
I toured the stadium today, grabbed the netting and counted 1,2,3 TFC goals. If they were not watching like (sea)Hawks I would have buried my TFC ring under the post.

3 for the TFC, can't say how many for the Sounders, but holy crap, this town is full of people wearing Sounders gear.

jloome
08-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Maybe trying a lineup that has not been done before:

Frei

Brennan.....................Felligna.............. ...........Wynne

Cronin................Guevara...........Vitti..... ........Gala.............

Barrett.............Gerba........................ White

its a bit high risk..but we have nothing to lose

This is ludicrous. Three fullbacks playing alone at the back? One of whom has no time with the team? Playing centre back?

Research is your friend, dude.

Keegan
08-29-2009, 03:40 AM
My goal in life right now is to see at least 3000 TFC fans in Seattle, just to fill an entire side, sing and chant OUR songs, and show um how its done. God, if you're listening, make this come true one day! :D

If I owned TFC I would do this for my supporters. Charter planes out to Seattle of the best TFC has to offer to let them show we are the best, that would give TFC so much respect and they would hate us haha and wouldn't be able to return the favour.

London
08-29-2009, 07:13 AM
a little under 8 hours till kick-off.

After last weeks match, i would hope the guys come out with a little more fire because a repeat of last weeks effort will result in some real uglyness

tml
08-29-2009, 07:15 AM

I think anything more then a few hundred would be great.

Anyone have any idea on aprox how many TFC fans are going to the game?

I take it will be mostly people from Vancouver.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-29-2009, 07:22 AM
I think anything more then a few hundred would be great.

Anyone have any idea on aprox how many TFC fans are going to the game?

I take it will be mostly people from Vancouver.

most will be from the toronto area

Ron Manager
08-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Any one know of somewherein Halifax that would be showing the game? Preferably downtown. Could you email me if you have any ideas.... timskinner @ live.ca. Thanks in advance.

Nuvinho
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
--------------Frei----------------
Wynne---Nana----Garcia--Brennan
--------------Cronin--------------
Vitti--------Guevara---------Barrett
---------DeRo---------------------
-----------------Gerba------------

Hugh Jazz
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
That would be a good line-up for the game.

Red Rat
08-29-2009, 11:38 AM
IRS about 18 degrees and cloudy they promised warmer weather later on
we are at Fados waiting for the rest of thecrew to show
up

mdc 77
08-29-2009, 11:38 AM
non believers all round....3-1 TFC
:scarf:

DOMIN8R
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
--------------Frei----------------
Wynne---Nana----Garcia--Brennan
--------------Cronin--------------
Vitti--------Guevara---------Barrett
---------DeRo---------------------
-----------------Gerba------------

I'm not convinced Gerba should play alone up front.

rocker
08-29-2009, 11:53 AM
fuck the sounders

sigi schmidt can't see his shoes.

rocker
08-29-2009, 11:56 AM
a little under 8 hours till kick-off.

After last weeks match, i would hope the guys come out with a little more fire because a repeat of last weeks effort will result in some real uglyness

the funny thing is, I thought they came out with fire against Chivas... they dominated the first 15-20 minutes ... all the action was in the Chivas end.
it was after the Chivas goal that they seemed to back down.

ArmenJBX
08-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Or, I wanna hack the boards that tell the fans what to sing and make them sing Danny Dichio or one of our songs. It'll be a bigger blunder then the upsidedown tifo :D

Nuvinho
08-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm not convinced Gerba should play alone up front.

I am hoping its DeRo and Gerba up front, with DeRo just a little behind Gerba.

Nuvinho
08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Seattle has a pregame show starting at 3:30pm on NBC west channel as well.

rocker
08-29-2009, 01:12 PM
i just checked my digital box... I don't get that channel.
But that's ok. I am looking forward to hearing Nigel Reed... seems every away game lately has Gerry/Craig. I prefer the soothing tones of Reed.

Red Rat
08-29-2009, 01:20 PM
We are marching to th stadium
let's go boys.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-29-2009, 01:55 PM
First year all season ..i dont feel good about our team going into this game.....

mabey thats a good thing...

c'mon reds

Big Bruva
08-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Tell you this much, the Seattle players are very confident so TFC will have to step up. Things are coming up at bad times for TFC so hopefully they will be focused.

SvenFlu
08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
i just checked my digital box... I don't get that channel.
But that's ok. I am looking forward to hearing Nigel Reed... seems every away game lately has Gerry/Craig. I prefer the soothing tones of Reed.

The soothing tones of Reed?

Yeah, if you want chronic narcolepsy.

:picard:

TFC John
08-29-2009, 02:34 PM
The US border service SUCKS!!!

I am stuck in a line trying to cross the border from Vancouver to Seattle. I have been waiting an hour and a half and I'm still about an hour from the front of the line. And before you say I should have allowed more time, yesterday I crossed from Fort Erie to Buffalo in about 15 minutes. I think they only have one guy working here. I could live with missing the kick-off because I left the timing tight. But now it looks like I might miss the whole game. It sucks!!!

Jamaicanadian
08-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Tell you this much, the Seattle players are very confident so TFC will have to step up. Things are coming up at bad times for TFC so hopefully they will be focused.

Biggest game of the season for TFC...How the players, and the coaching staff, handle this occasion will tell a lot about this squad.

rocker
08-29-2009, 02:41 PM
The soothing tones of Reed?

Yeah, if you want chronic narcolepsy.

:picard:

thanks for your contribution to the pregame thread.

v00d00daddy
08-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Anybody watching this interview with Cummins on the CBC pre game?

When asked about what the team has tried to improve the results on the road his reply is something to the effect of:

-we've tried arriving a day earlier and changing up the meals...blah blah blah......what a joke.

How about trying to employ some sound tactics once in a while. Do that and you can serve the team Kraft dinner and they would be successful.

This guy is beginnning to make me think he's at a loss. Completely defeated and confused...with 8 games to go.

This game could be ugly unless the boys take it upon themselves to do whatever they can to win, which may mean tuning out the coach if need be.

Nuvinho
08-29-2009, 02:42 PM
is that the correct lineup they have on the bottom of the CBC ticker? No strikers? I guess DeRo is playing there?

TFC USA
08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Nigel and Jason are in Seattle?

Usually they're stuck in Toronto. I guess that means CBC has money now.

Nuvinho
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Lineup:

Frei, Wynne, Attakora, Garcia, Gomez, Brennan, Sanyang, Cronin, Guevara, De Rosario, Barrett,

jloome
08-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Holy, Sutts is a TV natural!

rocker
08-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Nigel and Jason are in Seattle?

Usually they're stuck in Toronto. I guess that means CBC has money now.

i'm hoping they do more road games next year. I'm truly sick of Gerry Dobson. He's keen on soccer, but I just don't find his game calling enjoyable in the least.

I'm thinking today's game, with the big crowd, might be an example of a typical CBC game in 2011 or 2012.... TFC @ Vancouver... TFC @ Montreal... big crowd, "soccer day in canada"... :)

TFC USA
08-29-2009, 02:55 PM
What about the road games GolTV has?

jloome
08-29-2009, 02:55 PM
maybe its
-------------frei------------------

------attakora--gomez---garcia-----
wynne=-------------------------Brennan
-----------Cronin---Sanyang--------------
---------------Guevara--------------------
--------------Dero---Barrett-----------------

Jamaicanadian
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Holy, Sutts is a TV natural!

....+1!

jloome
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Dude'll be anchoring the National within a few years, just watch.

TFC USA
08-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Mansbridge is never fucking there so I think Sutton will be anchoring Monday night. :D