PDA

View Full Version : It's Called Football - Lenarduzzi's expansion update

It's Called Football
08-24-2009, 11:56 PM
President of the Vancouver Whitecaps Bob Lenarduzzi discusses the developments at B.C. Place - including the rumours of funding issues, speaks on selling MLS on their brand of Academy system, as well as the 'disgrace' that was Montreal's performance in the Voyaguers final game.

Kartik Krishnaiyer from Major League Soccer Talk also joins us to discuss the sale of the USL, where MLS stands in the bidding process and who the likely winner will be. Eh hem.. Traffic Sports Brazil.

We also get into what happened to Toronto FC's tactics in the Chivas game, debate the Houston Dynamo's choice of a DP and if San Jose is about to go defunct...again

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/291776

Cheers
Ben

kodiakTFC
08-25-2009, 12:33 AM
I love your show.. thank you.

Brooker
08-25-2009, 12:53 AM
glad to hear u talking about San Jose.... ill prolly skip the TFC/Chivas discussion as its still too painful. erm.

Dirk Diggler
08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Sorry I cannot listen to show here but can someone tell me as to what is going on with BC Place? I heard a couple of days ago that the plans for the retractable roof are being scrapped, which, according to my estimation, should put the Vancouver Whitecaps in serious jeopardy in regards to their MLS debut.

It's Called Football
08-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Dirk - Lenarduzzi dismissed the claims of funding concerns. He also dismissed a question of if their entry into MLS was in any way contingent upon completion of the retractable roof.

Brooker
08-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Lenarduzzi is also a human sleeping pill.... oh my god he nearly put me to sleep.

i only awoke when he started complaining about the Montreal vs Toronto game.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't mean this as an insult - 'It's called Football' always reminds me of 'Wayne's World'. Good show with some great guests this week.

Eastend
08-25-2009, 03:37 PM
^^that'd be a complement....'Wayne's World' rocks....party on Ultra.

sweetlemon69
08-25-2009, 04:03 PM
yeah dude I love your show. Would be sick if you could get a slot on goltv. Keep it up guys.

Dirk Diggler
08-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Dirk - Lenarduzzi dismissed the claims of funding concerns. He also dismissed a question of if their entry into MLS was in any way contingent upon completion of the retractable roof.

Hopefully what Lenarduzzi is claiming is the truth. If the government truly fails to fund the retractable roof, it'll be a disaster in my opinion, even if their spot in MLS is not contingent upon it. I think the combination of artificial turf + cavernous stadium + closed roof will not attract many new fans at all. Considering how their waterfront SSS is still far from getting approval, they absolutely need a renovated BC Place.