PDA

View Full Version : Dichio Mystery - All talk, news and opinions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

johnmolinaro
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Cummins said at practice today that Danny is too banged up to travel to west cost games. only plan to take him out west if they really need him.

working on the full story now. will post soon.

John Molinaro
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Diamond-caution.svg/520px-Diamond-caution.svg.png

MODERATOR NOTICE:

This is now the catch-all thread for talk, personal opinions and
everything to do with the 'Dichio Situation'. Please keep everything
related to this topic in this thread. Mods will merge all new threads
into this one, unless they are based on a new NEWS article
(and those will be in the news section)

please understand that this is a very touchy issue for all of us,
and we just want to keep the talk contained in one area.
We're not trying to censor new topics, we're just trying
to keep some organization going. cool, thanks.

Daveisonfire
08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for finding the scoop J-Mo

Looking forward to the article

flatpicker
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
well, hopefully DD will be healed soon!

ilikemusic
08-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Hes too banged up to walk through the airport and sit on a plane for a couple hours?

Boris
08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Hes too banged up to walk through the airport and sit on a plane for a couple hours?

have you ever travelled injured?
why take him when he can heal at home........

Whoop
Couple of hours?

A flight to LA from Toronto is at least 5-6 hours, plus the time difference and with certain injuries (i.e. concussions, knees) it is not advisable to travel by plane.

Shaughno
have you ever travelled injured?
why take him when he can heal at home........

You ARE NOT allowed to travel when you have a concussion, maybe he took another knock on the noggin'?

Whoop
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
While you can travel with knee injuries, it's not advisable. Especially spending 10-12 hours in a plane for really no reason.

Shaughno
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
While you can travel with knee injuries, it's not advisable. Especially spending 10-12 hours in a plane for really no reason.

True, same goes for back injuries... which Danny has had his problems with.

Boris
08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
You ARE NOT allowed to travel when you have a concussion, maybe he took another knock on the noggin'?

exactly...

Whoop
Reason I say that is because I've had personal experience with the knee issue - well, not me someone I know.

The air cabin pressure is actually pretty hard on the body.

That's why if you have a punctured lung.... you CANNOT fly or you will die.

Concussions are also a major issue.

Plus other injuries, etc.

Parkdale
AND... dude is like 6 and a half feet tall, which would be HELL in anything but first class.

on a somewhat related note (http://www.thenorthendelite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28:curva-nee-blog&catid=4:nee-blog&Itemid=7)

billyfly
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
John you posted this myth busting info too soon in the day. I was looking forward to a whole day of predictions and "ideas" about what happened to Danny.

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
In all fairness, Cummins can give whatever reason he wants.....until Dichio says he's not 100% I'll believe that there's more to this than it seems....Dichio has never had a problem admitting he's injured before.....so why not now?....

Redpunkfiddle
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
If the man is injured, shouldn't he be on the injury list- even if he is 'probable'? I am not saying the team should be posting our player's vulnerabilities needlessly, but they do need to avoid needless 'mysteries'.

Whoop
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Has anyone from the media spoken with Dichio?

Hitcho
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
He better start the last two home games in October.

That is all.

TorontoBlades
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM

let's pack up all our medical and physio equipment too, so that Danny can watch the team for a couple of game... :rolleyes:

pekduck
08-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Cummins said at practice today that Danny is too banged up to travel to west cost games. only plan to take him out west if they really need him.

working on the full story now. will post soon.

John Molinaro

Just noticed she's "following me" so I have to ask again: Kay Murray of Real Madrid TV, will you marry me? :)12 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/3516457788) from web

:facepalm:

John.. focus!!! Dichio first!

johnmolinaro
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Just noticed she's "following me" so I have to ask again: Kay Murray of Real Madrid TV, will you marry me? :)12 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/3516457788) from web

John.. focus!!! Dichio first!

LOL. sorry! but if you saw Kay and spoke with her like I did, you would understand....

kodiakTFC
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm afraid Dichio is done, he will most certainly retire. Hopefully he stays with the club in some faucet such as an assistant coach.

pekduck
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
LOL. sorry! but if you saw Kay and spoke with her like I did, you would understand....

pics or it didn't happen :rolleyes:

:D

okay... i'll stop bugging ya..

ilikemusic
08-24-2009, 12:49 PM
let's pack up all our medical and physio equipment too, so that Danny can watch the team for a couple of game... :rolleyes:

If hes not going to making any west coast trips for the rest of the season then he isnt a very useful player going forward.

olegunnar
08-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't understand.

They've already decided he's too "injured" to travel to the Sept 19th game in LA....26 days from now?
However he's healthy enough to potentially dress for the Sept 12th home game AND healthy enough to participate in training today (as per his twitter)

Lucky Strike
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm afraid Dichio is done, he will most certainly retire. Hopefully he stays with the club in some faucet such as an assistant coach.

Don't mean to be a huge jerk by playing the grammar Nazi, but you probably meant "facet". I'm only mentioning it because a funny image came to me: Dichio as the tallest and biggest water boy (well, water man) in sports with a scowl on his face. :D

Please don't take that as insulting or anything, it's just been a long day so far so I'm just sharing something I found funny to improve the day.

H Bomb
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't understand.

They've already decided he's too "injured" to travel to the Sept 19th game in LA....26 days from now?
However he's healthy enough to potentially dress for the Sept 12th home game AND healthy enough to participate in training today (as per his twitter)

no dude, i'm sure IF he is able to make the trip on the 19th then he will. There's no "master plan" here. He's hurt and couldnt travel...that could easuly be knees, back or head.

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Don't mean to be a huge jerk by playing the grammar Nazi, but you probably meant "facet". I'm only mentioning it because a funny image came to me: Dichio as the tallest and biggest water boy (well, water man) in sports. :D

Please don't take that as insulting or anything, it's just been a long day so far so I'm just sharing something to improve the day.

I found that funny, I'm sure he can't be offended.

Imagine Dichio tossing gatorade bottles at people, and knocking them over!

johnmolinaro
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Has anyone from the media spoken with Dichio?

Tried to interview him today after I spoke to Cummins but my request was turned down.

Section 117
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
ahhh..... so the guy in the other thread who said 'he's not injured' wasn't getting the whole story?

Parkdale that was me and if he is so injured how did he play in a reserve game on Thursday...

Trust me he is not hurt I don't give a rats ass what Cummins said. I have confirmed through my people he is not and it came from Danny

H Bomb
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
oh let me guess...its an unnamed source right?

hurt and injured are two very different things

alexintoronto
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
:rolleyes: Danny's too banged up for interviews too.

John I hope you dig deeper than the prepared statement.

Section 117
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
oh let me guess...its an unnamed source right?

hurt and injured are two very different things

I guess when it comes from Danny himself that is not good enough?

canadian_bhoy
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Tried to interview him today after I spoke to Cummins but my request was turned down.

Was this the guy who turned down your request?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/MsDemmie/comical_ali.jpg

Phil
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I guess when it comes from Danny himself that is not good enough?

I would gamble the reporter who goes there day in and day out has a reputation to uphold vs. random internet chatter. Lets see if John can dig up more on it.

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
^ remember the Paul B photoshop of that guy? it was priceless

Whoop
08-24-2009, 01:28 PM

See this statement leads me to believe something more is up.

Question who turned down the request? Danny or the team?

Either way, I'm sure they (the team/Danny) realize that "people wanna know".

I'm leaning towards "something is up".

VPjr
08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
As I mentioned in another post, if Danny is so banged up, why was he playing with the reserves last week vs. U of Saskatchewan (and scoring goals)?

DangerRed
08-24-2009, 01:45 PM
As I mentioned in another post, if Danny is so banged up, why was he playing with the reserves last week vs. U of Saskatchewan (and scoring goals)?

A point to you, sir.

How can he be too banged up to travel but be fit enough to play? If he's got a concussion or something of that seriousness, then he's one knock from the emergency room.

Something seems to be up.

Ageroo
08-24-2009, 01:48 PM
A point to you, sir.

How can he be too banged up to travel but be fit enough to play? If he's got a concussion or something of that seriousness, then he's one knock from the emergency room.

Something seems to be up.

Altitude and injuries and/or concussions could be an issue.....I know all my healed injuries seem to act up whenever I fly....just throwing that out there......:noidea:

andyc
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Danny's running the Thornhill Soccer Club Academy practice session tonight if any of you guys want to ask him how he's feeling...

jabbronies
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Flying is not just a quick hop on the plane and hop off.
It's get to the airport, check-in, wait for an hour in the waiting area, get on the plane, fly 4-5 hours, pick up your luggage, head to the hotel and unpack/get settled in, then there's jet lag. Do it all over again the following day or two days later.

It would be better to take the 16 hours worth of travelling time and just kick it at home and heal.

As for the game he played last week. Did he play the full 90? Maybe he got injured in that game and needs to heal from it?

Anyways, this story can go either way right now with he's either really injured or he's out of favour with the coach. Until we get the real deal story, it's all just speculation IMO.

Pachuco
08-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm leaning towards something being up. I don't believe he's injured.

Detroit_TFC
08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Danny's running the Thornhill Soccer Club Academy practice session tonight if any of you guys want to ask him how he's feeling...

Yah, bother him in the middle of practice. He'll show you he doesn't have a concussion by giving you a head butt.

olegunnar
08-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Yah, bother him in the middle of practice. He'll show you he doesn't have a concussion by giving you a head butt.

To be honest I think that's just andyc revealing his source

Right Parkdale? :D

I'm the guy that remembers every post by every body.

Andyc is involved with the Thornhill Soccer Club.

I'll keep my mouth shut on Section 117 source though...I don't think he wants to reveal it yet, eventhough I'm sure the powers that be know it.

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm the guy that remembers every post by every body.

I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

Phil
08-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Its like you have radar Parky!

Anyhow, I am curious to know more I hope John is able to get the story he needs on this.

canadian_bhoy
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
1) Is it so hard to believe that TFC think that Dichio isn't worthy of being on the bench? Instead they would rather play white and gerba (fat).

I don't think it's that much of a stretch - and if true, this team is in deep trouble.

Having said that - Can someone call Rockapella so that we can get this shit sorted out ASAP.

cuzc4jgwlT8

olegunnar
08-24-2009, 02:31 PM

Considering this board is so anonymous and how people come here with agendas, I think it's valuable to remember identity and bias nuggets people drop.

I like to take my cues from the world's smartest minds. So in the words of one of those bright intellects, George w Bush....
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I won't get fooled again.

In any event, the divergence in opinion from on the record sources vs off the record sources, is concerning.

If we don't make the playoffs this year I think we'll have to blow it up and start from scratch.

No matter how highly we grade the ingredients this current brew appears to be getting skunky.

wzhxvy
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
This thread makes me laugh...but yes that Paul B face transposed on the Iraqi minister was the best laugh I had on here ever...that is truly priceless. Now in terms of DD, he is 33 and should be able to handle air travel. Its not like he is 85. This smells to me as CC being told what to say because he knows if he were to fess up it would create a shit storm that his fragile status/performance can not handle. Not to mention that its likely Mo pulling the strings anyways. I get DD is slow, and tends to hold the ball and pass back once too many, but he has shown to be one of our most effective strikers upfront. For them to take him out, while OBW is running out there like he has a pickle up his ass is beyond stupid.

johnmolinaro
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/08/24/sp-torontofc-dichio-injury.html

sorry it took so long. a bit of a debate between me and a copy editor over one point in the story - plus, I had to make myself some lunch before I started typing away.

John Molinaro

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
only plan to take him out west if they really need him......

so we dont need him??...road trip of our playoff life!

Whoop
08-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Hmm... why would Dichio turn down an interview?

I mean all he has to say is "Yes I got a knock and it was best to stay home to let it heal properly."

Maybe the team thinks there's nothing wrong with the way they're handling things but Dichio thinks otherwise?

wzhxvy
08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I am sure DD is worried about the strain of the interview...wants to spend time with his family but he will gladly do one when TFC needs it.

ensco
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
It can't be anything that in any way calls DD's commitment into question. I don't care how wrongly he's been treated. He's too good of a team man. There's no way.

The team cannot be cutting him. He's the face of the franchise. There's no way.

It's a personal/private thing, I'd wager.

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM

I mean all he has to say is "Yes I got a knock and it was best to stay home to let it heal properly."

Maybe the team thinks there's nothing wrong with the way they're handling things but Dichio thinks otherwise?

I assume it would have been Michelle that turned J-Mo down. The better question to ask, might be if getting turned down for TFC player interviews is common enough, that this doesn't raise suspicion.

- Scott

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2009, 03:00 PM

Exactly!......I don't believe the article for a minute.....not a knock on John as he's just writing what he's been told from Cummins, but I think Cummins story is a crock of shit.

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2009, 03:00 PM
It can't be anything that in any way calls DD's commitment into question. There's no way.

The team cannot be cutting him. There's no way.

It's a personal/private thing, I'd wager.

This would seem to be very plausible, especially if he doesn't want to talk to reporters about it.

- Scott

Brooker
08-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Mystery Solved, Molinaro?

Not even close.

johnmolinaro
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I assume it would have been Michelle that turned J-Mo down. The better question to ask, might be if getting turned down for TFC player interviews is common enough, that this doesn't raise suspicion.

- Scott
I asked Michelle to interview Danny. She went into the locker-room after practice was done to tell him about the request. then she came out and told me he declined the request and said Dany doesn't want to do interviews today.

To answer your question, yes getting turned down for TFC player interviews at practice happens frequently.

Am I suspicious? Kind of 50/50 right now. If it's not true and Danny wanted to throw me off the trail, all he had to do was come out and back CC's story, and not talk to me.

Anyway, gonna keep digging on this one.

Whoop
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm not an athlete or a reporter, but from my experience in dealing with athletes when they don't want to talk... something is up.

By the same token, I hardly think TFC is cutting him.

More than likely, Dichio, as much of a team guy that he is, is upset over the way he's been handled in what is supposed to be his last year in professional football. He still has pride. I'm sure he feels that he can contribute.

But he can't come out and say that.

johnmolinaro
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Mystery Solved, Molinaro?

Not even close.

that was the debate I had with my copy editor. She put that line in - not me.

Roogsy
08-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Man these copy editors really do screw with you guys. The Star pulls the same crap as well.

Man, this whole Dichio thing is giving me a headache.

Roogsy
08-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I asked Michelle to interview Danny. She went into the locker-room after practice was done to tell him about the request. then she came out and told me he declined the request and said Dany doesn't want to do interviews today.

To answer your question, yes getting turned down for TFC player interviews at practice happens frequently.

Am I suspicious? Kind of 50/50 right now. If it's not true and Danny wanted to throw me off the trail, all he had to do was come out and back CC's story, and not talk to me.

Anyway, gonna keep digging on this one.

Were you wearing that awful shirt? That might be why! :D

wzhxvy
08-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I am not sure I buy the personal reasons stuff. Why would he decline an interview and have someone else speak for him. This makes no sense. Either he says its personal reasons or the club speaks on his behalf. To me it smells as the public reason for him staying back, and DD not wanting to get into what is beneath the surface in reality, because he cant support that message in good faith...so he stays quiet. If it was personal reasons, they would have just simply said that and people would back off.

Whoop
08-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Man these copy editors really do screw with you guys. The Star pulls the same crap as well.

Man, this whole Dichio thing is giving me a headache.

Not defending reporters per se, but I did used to have thoughts of being one.

Writers just write the copy. Editors put in the headlines and edit of course.

Yet people bash the writers because of the headlines.

Roogsy
08-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I am not sure I buy the personal reasons stuff. Why would he decline an interview and have someone else speak for him. This makes no sense. Either he says its personal reasons or the club speaks on his behalf. To me it smells as the public reason for him staying back, and DD not wanting to get into what is beneath the surface in reality, because he cant support that message in good faith...so he stays quiet. If it was personal reasons, they would have just simply said that and people would back off.

Maybe, maybe not. If they came out with "personal reasons" there would be a whole slew of new speculations as to what is wrong with Danny and his situation. I am not sure that would be much better.

I don't know what's going on or whether there is a story here or not. But the fact that fans and the media don't trust the team and their official line speaks volumes about their credibility in my mind. There may not be a story here at all, I can totally believe that. But the way they behave, nobody believes them.

Whoop
08-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Maybe, maybe not. If they came out with "personal reasons" there would be a whole slew of new speculations as to what is wrong with Danny and his situation. I am not sure that would be much better.

I don't know what's going on or whether there is a story here or not. But the fact that fans and the media don't trust the team and their official line speaks volumes about their credibility in my mind. There may not be a story here at all, I can totally believe that. But the way they behave, nobody believes them.

But I think most people would give more credence to the personal reasons issue and back off.

i.e. Had to stay behind in Toronto to take care of some issue

A player not talking is usually bad news.

Players usually don't talk for two reasons.
1) The team tells the player not to talk. There may be some team issue going on.

or

2) The player is upset over something related to him and doesn't want to pour gas over a fire.

Boris
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
or

2) The player is upset over something related to him and doesn't want to pour gas over a fire.

like having a supporter group message board raising questions over team chemistry and what not????

Whoop
08-24-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL

I just figure Dichio is too much of a professional to throw people under the bus or stir up trouble.

But I think the silence from Dichio speaks volumes.

Boris
08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
LOL

I just figure Dichio is too much of a professional to throw people under the bus or stir up trouble.

But I think the silence from Dichio speaks volumes.

it could simply be that he wants the full focus on their current run...

olegunnar
08-24-2009, 03:28 PM
like having a supporter group message board raising questions over team chemistry and what not????

Yeah I bet those sneaky editors 2nd choice for headline was:

Dichio refuses to speak to press over concerns internet rumours on fanboy site might rage out of control.

Editors...always screwing up the headlines. :hump:

ensco
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
We trust Danny, right?

Let him handle it.

Whoop
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
it could simply be that he wants the full focus on their current run...

That's why he doesn't want to stir shit up.

But rule of thumb is it's usually better to say something than nothing at all.

The worst thing you can do in some situations is to stay silent and/or just say "no comment".

Boris
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
That's why he doesn't want to stir shit up.

But rule of thumb is it's usually better to say something than nothing at all.

The worst thing you can do in some situations is to stay silent and/or just say "no comment".

true - but lets just remember who tells them to talk or not.....ummm...you know what i mean...

Roogsy
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know what's going on. Frankly, I don't care. All I care about is whether the team makes the playoffs. If they don't...heads should roll.

As for Danny...I know players and team employees read these boards all the time but I highly doubt the players get much of a chance to during the day while they are in training. So whatever the reason Danny didn't comment, I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to with hints he got that somehow this, or any other TFC supporter site, was musing about his absence. He had his reasons for not speaking. I don't know what they are nor will I speculate.

All I know is that this is just more fumbling by the team. The harder they try to hold on, the more systems will slip through their fingers!

http://www.one-story.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/princessl1.jpg

TorCanSoc
08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Reason I say that is because I've had personal experience with the knee issue - well, not me someone I know.

The air cabin pressure is actually pretty hard on the body.

That's why if you have a punctured lung.... you CANNOT fly or you will die.

Concussions are also a major issue.

Plus other injuries, etc.

...not to mention with a punctured lung, a vacation is the last of your worries.

Hooooozaaaaah! I'm here all week folks. :flare:

DangerRed
08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't know what's going on. Frankly, I don't care. All I care about is whether the team makes the playoffs. If they don't...heads should roll.

+1,000,000

Hitcho
08-24-2009, 04:13 PM

As for Danny...I know players and team employees read these boards all the time but I highly doubt the players get much of a chance to during the day while they are in training. So whatever the reason Danny didn't comment, I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to with hints he got that somehow this, or any other TFC supporter site, was musing about his absence. He had his reasons for not speaking. I don't know what they are nor will I speculate.

All I know is that this is just more fumbling by the team. The harder they try to hold on, the more systems will slip through their fingers!

http://www.one-story.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/princessl1.jpg

That's a totally random reference! You just wanted to post a photo of your Princess Leia fantasy Roogs! :D:D:D

Roogsy
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
No, no, no...the fantasy pic is this one!

http://starwars.ugo.com/images/girls/starwars_carriefisher/starwars_carriefisher_3.jpg

Monztro
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Saying Dichio is too old to travel now that hes pushing 35 is like saying, Stevie Y was too old to travel and all his injuries would flare up when flying to the west coast when he was at the end of this career too.

Sounds like a stupid cover up excuse for either a change of personnel or a Dichio personal issue, that might explain the silence from Dichio and the stupid explanation from CC.

rocker
08-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Saying Dichio is too old to travel now that hes pushing 35 is like saying, Stevie Y was too old to travel and all his injuries would flare up when flying to the west coast when he was at the end of this career too..

Stevie Y played a full season only once in the six years before his retirement.
And one of those seasons was the lockout, so no NHL games for a year... and one of those seasons he played only 16 games. He's also one of the greatest hockey players in the history of the NHL, a supreme athlete. Dichio is one tough mother, but he doesn't exactly have the fitness level of Stevie Y. Few do.

Not to mention that many NHL/NBA teams have direct charters. MLSE has a dedicated plane just for Raps and Leafs away games.

prizby
08-24-2009, 05:28 PM
dichio doesn't fit on planes, his head hits the top everytime

Gixmo
08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
This whole situation smells like shit...

Maybe Cummins feels threatened.. Maybe Danny is hurt... Maybe there is more to it

Whatever it is, easy solution

Cummins out, Dichio in..

PB - Make it happen

(/Flamesuit on)

A Stick
08-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Saying Dichio is too old to travel now that hes pushing 35 is like saying, Stevie Y was too old to travel and all his injuries would flare up when flying to the west coast when he was at the end of this career too.

Sounds like a stupid cover up excuse for either a change of personnel or a Dichio personal issue, that might explain the silence from Dichio and the stupid explanation from CC.

Like Monztro states, this is a bullshit answer. Here is an interesting point. Before the last game there was no mention of Dichio being injurred and slotted as questionable to play.

This has been a totally weird season and something is not right. Why would a coach quit, 2 players ask to leave the team and now the biggest name on the team left off the squad for an important away match with not a word spoken about it before hand?

Mo or Cummings: Take your pick - There is trouble in the hen house. :(

Dirk Diggler
08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Considering this board is so anonymous and how people come here with agendas, I think it's valuable to remember identity and bias nuggets people drop.

I've learned to automatically disregard the ones who have, as you said, dropped nuggets of their bias. It is the ones who have not done so who I find interesting to debate with.

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I heard he was killed by the butler, in the study, with the candlestick.

1ytCEuuW2_A

- Scott

stretchthetruth
08-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I heard he was killed by the butler, in the study, with the candlestick.

1ytCEuuW2_A

- Scott

yes they did..

Also, Parky, so you realise how easy it is to obfuscate truth while whenever someone questions something that is presented as truth, people like you start putting up pictures of tinfoil hats and start talking about aliens?

The guy doesn't trust Cummin's statement to the media as truth, so you liken him to a crazy guy who believes in aliens?

dear me....

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
What does ExiledRed's post have to do with mine?

I was trying to be funny, not controversial.

- Scott

James Oliphant
08-24-2009, 10:22 PM

Hope you weren't wearing the "I'm a sports reporter shirt".

;)

stretchthetruth
08-24-2009, 11:58 PM
What does ExiledRed's post have to do with mine?

I was trying to be funny, not controversial.

- Scott

ahh... fucking internet... withdrawn...:facepalm:

TorontoBlades
08-25-2009, 07:44 AM
If hes not going to making any west coast trips for the rest of the season then he isnt a very useful player going forward.

...injured players tend not to be all that useful

TorontoBlades
08-25-2009, 07:51 AM

Or maybe he's gotten scared of flying like Dennis Berkamp back in the day, and just doesn't want to admit it to a reporter :o

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 08:14 AM
here's my theory:

I was a really nice weekend, and Danny wanted a game off.
Now we all know that's not the right thing to do, or really even allowable,
so this whole big conspiracy simply boils down to him wanting to spend
a nice Canadian Summer weekend with the family, and the rest of the
staff is now having to cover for him playing hooky. How's that?

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 08:40 AM
here's my theory:

I think it's obviously the CBCs fault again. I bet they have market research that says people like Dichio so they make sure he doesn't play when the game is on Sportsnet.

The CBC is the root of all evil, obviously, since it was their edict that barred the players from aknowledging the supporters post game.

I'm just waiting for the official confirmation from PB.

Oldtimer
08-25-2009, 09:22 AM
http://www.chrismadden.co.uk/yah/conspiracy-theory.gif

scooter
08-25-2009, 10:16 AM
[quote=olegunnar;684978]
The CBC is the root of all evil, obviously, since it was their edict that barred the players from aknowledging the supporters post game.

say it aint so -- media has no business with what goes on between the players and supporters groups :rolleyes:

AL-MO
08-25-2009, 10:30 AM
here's my theory:

Seriously Parky? (I hope you are joking) This is a professional sports team not a pub league side. Even guys on my baseball team only miss a game if they are out of town or have a conflicting event. They don't stay home "just because".

I'd say there is either something up, or he wasn't going to be on the bench so they left him at home.

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 10:44 AM
^ you think people don't ever take sick days when they aren't sick?
maybe he knew he'd be riding the bench, and didn't feel great anyway,
so he said "you know guys, I'm just going to sit this one out".

that would explain why he was reluctant to speak with JohnM about the article.

AL-MO
08-25-2009, 11:02 AM
^ you think people don't ever take sick days when they aren't sick?

Yeah at a normal 9-5 job.

maybe he knew he'd be riding the bench, and didn't feel great anyway,
so he said "you know guys, I'm just going to sit this one out".

that would explain why he was reluctant to speak with JohnM about the article.

Pretty much what was suggested earlier and what I said above you.

Section 117
08-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Not for anything but why is everyone trying to make excuses. Look at what Cummins said. Seriously, it makes it seem like Danny is 90 years old and can't travel. It is a bloody smoke screen. I never heard a manager say anything even close to this.

No he is not hurt, no he didn't just take the week off. TFC is in a dog fight to make the playoffs why would he want a week off???? There is so much we don't know, but as a professional would you want to be away from the team during the most improtant time I think not....

IMO this goes above Cummins more than likely Mo is calling the shots. I am know convinced that Carver left cause he was sick of having to deal with Mo and Mo trying to call the shots on who should and shouldn't play

FluSH
08-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Not for anything but why is everyone trying to make excuses. Look at what Cummins said. Seriously, it makes it seem like Danny is 90 years old and can't travel. It is a bloody smoke screen. I never heard a manager say anything even close to this.

No he is not hurt, no he didn't just take the week off. TFC is in a dog fight to make the playoffs why would he want a week off???? There is so much we don't know, but as a professional would you want to be away from the team during the most improtant time I think not....

IMO this goes above Cummins more than likely Mo is calling the shots. I am know convinced that Carver left cause he was sick of having to deal with Mo and Mo trying to call the shots on who should and shouldn't play

Why in the world would MO not want DICHIO to play? That is just craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy...

I can't think of one possible reason why Mo would not want Dichio playing not one in my book of conspiracies...

Section 117
08-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Why in the world would MO not want DICHIO to play? That is just craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy...

I can't think of one possible reason why Mo would not want Dichio playing not one in my book of conspiracies...

So explain why he just sits on the bench IMO we don't have better options, plus when he comes in something happens scoring chances some times goals....

So WTF is Cummins watching or is being told what to do?

scooter
08-25-2009, 12:12 PM
why did this thread even start cause jm is pissed dd wouldnt talk to him and he
needs a story
danny is maybe tired of the media and didnt feel like or had other plans for
after practice
maybe danny did want the weekend off and told cummins if i am not playing
i have other business interests or maybe just play with his kids
doesnt matter he aint going anywhere
when the team wants us to know they will tell us in good time

Boris
08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
So explain why he just sits on the bench IMO we don't have better options, plus when he comes in something happens scoring chances some times goals....

youve gone from knowing facts to speculation in less than 24 hours....just thought id point that one out......

Shaughno
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
:rofl:

Maybe... just maybe... they want to save Danny's last hurrah for a home game near the end of the season? Or maybe save his last few games for possible playoff push/run?

Nah, gotta be something crazy like...

Danny and Cummins tried to pick up the same stripper and Cummins won out, now Danny doesn't want to be near him. Fact, I heard it from Danny himself.

Dirk Diggler
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
LOL ... people actually believe that Danny wanted to know whether he will be playing and if not he made other plans? As someone said before, MLS isn't some sunday league where people do this kind of stuff. Just think about it. If that is truly what Danny did, that would be absolutely pathetic. He would not be a professional in any definition of the word. In any given game, a bunch of players on the bench will see no playing time what so ever ... does not mean they can be excused ... they are there to provide depth in case of an injury during the course of the game ... do people really think that Dichio would pull something as bush league as that?

HOGAN
08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
It helps so much when you have people with credibility like Molinaro on here.

False information only hurts the teams and its fans.

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I may just avoid the boards completely if this team gets eliminated from playoff contention.

RedRum
08-25-2009, 12:57 PM
It helps so much when you have people with credibility like Molinaro on here.

False information only hurts the teams and its fans.

What credibility does John Molinaro have? Saying nothing is up when it's painfully obvious something is? Defending Cathal Kelly's article full of factual errors?

A few of us suspect we know who Section 117 is and where he gets his info. I for one am grateful that he posts here.

Oldtimer
08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I may just avoid the boards completely if this team gets eliminated from playoff contention.

Good idea.

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
What credibility does John Molinaro have? Saying nothing is up when it's painfully obvious something is?

well.... he does work for the CBC (you know, the same network that airs the games)
He's spoken to all the players, coaches, training staff and office types since the inception of the club.
Seems to me like he's more trustworthy than an anonymous source.

I'm not saying section117 isn't telling it like he believes it to be,
but John M does have a high level of credibility. If he didn't....
he wouldn't have press access to pretty much everyone
(depending if they are in the mood to talk to the press, of course)

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
okay... thread closed then reopened.

let's just hope some real info comes out to end the speculation.

johnmolinaro
08-25-2009, 01:14 PM
check out my twitter page:

pekduck
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM
check out my twitter page:

I know you've all be dying to hear: Kay Murray politely turned me down, but we've agreed to stay friends. I couldn't ask for more really.

okay..

just got back from TFC practice where I was chewed out in private for 5 min by Cummins over Dichio. Is there more to this saga? I think so.

cincy
Didn't know if I should start a new thread ... but more information. Or at least more thoughts.

http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/08/25/24077.aspx

London
John, so that means that he reads these boards???

FluSH
08-25-2009, 01:18 PM

I just think you forgot to add interim coach behind Cummins' name.

The only plausible reason and this is a stretch... is that Mo fears he is losing stock vs DICHIO.... and say in a couple of year's if DICHIO retires and wants to be part of coaching / managing... then Mo will be on the line.

However although everyone here would love for that to happen... I don't see DICHIO as BOSS for at least 3-4yrs after his retirement.

London
08-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Didn't know if I should start a new thread ... but more information. Or at least more thoughts.

at the bottom it says vitti is about to re-sign

Ageroo
08-25-2009, 01:20 PM
John, so that means that he reads these boards???

You would be surprised who does....:D

pekduck
08-25-2009, 01:20 PM

In other Toronto FC news, expect Argentine Pablo Vitti to be back with Toronto FC next season. Vitti is currently negotiating with TFC management over a new deal. During this negotiation his name has now appeared on the list of clients represented by agent Barry MacLean (http://www.firstwavesports.com/firstwave/clients), on the First Wave Sports Marketing website, a sure sign that a deal will be done with the club.

:o

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
It's all very strange. Pointlessly strange.

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I should get Barry MacLean to be my agent.
I'd get a contract with TFC.

I've seen Gerba in uniform so I know they'd have a jersey that would fit me.

Ageroo
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
at the bottom it says vitti is about to resign

I like that decision......only if it is for less money. I think his role as a creator now is much better than playing him as a pure striker.

scooter
08-25-2009, 01:26 PM
LOL ... people actually believe that Danny wanted to know whether he will be playing and if not he made other plans? As someone said before, MLS isn't some sunday league where people do this kind of stuff. Just think about it. If that is truly what Danny did, that would be absolutely pathetic. He would not be a professional in any definition of the word. In any given game, a bunch of players on the bench will see no playing time what so ever ... does not mean they can be excused ... they are there to provide depth in case of an injury during the course of the game ... do people really think that Dichio would pull something as bush league as that?

thats fine but look at all the choices cummins has up front and if he wants to play the young lads why would dichio put himself through obvious discomfort and fly out west for nothing ?
nobody said this is bush or unprofessional dont read to much into my post it was meant to be practical not a critizism at all : course i guess you come to expect the negative on the forum:picard:

TFC Tifoso
08-25-2009, 01:29 PM
If there is truth that Dichio is getting cut out of the lineup, then all I have to say is that is just fucking disgusting!

Danny, I for one will always support you, as we all should!

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 01:33 PM
just got back from TFC practice where I was chewed out in private for 5 min by Cummins over Dichio. Is there more to this saga? I think so.

well I'm glad that they can't chew out the supporters! We're in the clear!

James Oliphant
08-25-2009, 01:33 PM
at the bottom it says vitti is about to resign

Re-sign, not resign.

London
08-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Re-sign, not resign.

nice catch, a - realy makes a diff.

Dirk Diggler
08-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Re-sign, not resign.

LOL ... I'm extremely anal about that too ... especially when people mix up the words in regards to coaches and managers .. it has confused me many times in the past when I expected a certain coach to re-sign with the Raptors or something and I see someone stating that he just resigned.

James Oliphant
08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
nice catch, a - realy makes a diff.

Yup...a very big diff (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/resign).

London
08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
^^^ you should always look for a real story to back up what is said on messegeboards, look how much a simple error changed my post

Hitcho
08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Re-sign, not resign.

Ha ha - I wondered about that!

As for the post about always supporting Danny, I 10000000% agree, but at the same time the team has to come first. If Danny really is too shot to play much these days, then UI'd prefer some frankness from the club and staff about it, and would expect him to be given an honorary run out in the final couple fo home games.

If nothing else, and as my esteemed colleague JonO pointed out to me earlier, it;s the kind of thing where you;d hope the ref would give CC a nod 60 seconds before he blows the final whistle at the final home game, DD come on to huge, raptuours appluase and gets the send off he thoroughly deserves.

As for CC reading these boards - YOU'VE GOT MORE IMPROTANT STUFF TO BE DOING MATE!!!

Mind you, so have I... :o

Nuvinho
08-25-2009, 01:41 PM
This is getting ridiculous, but what do you expect - first we don't hear news about players coming in, now we are alienating our existing players........what's next? Let's piss off our supporters and raise the ticket prices 20%!! (you know its coming!!).

If they don't want Danny on the team, let everyone know.....deal with the backlash!! The more they keep it a secret the more upset supporters will be.

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 01:54 PM
In other Toronto FC news, expect Argentine Pablo Vitti to be back with Toronto FC next season. Vitti is currently negotiating with TFC management over a new deal. During this negotiation his name has now appeared on the list of clients represented by agent Barry MacLean (http://www.firstwavesports.com/firstwave/clients), on the First Wave Sports Marketing website, a sure sign that a deal will be done with the club.

:o

Ugh...Barry Maclean...

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 01:56 PM

LOL!

Holy crap this is the story that never ends!

John my man, you're going to wind up losing access! Michelle will see to it!

lintberg
08-25-2009, 01:57 PM
[/URL]
[URL="http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro"]JohnMolinaro (http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro)
I just got back from TFC practice where I was chewed out in private for 5 min by Cummins over Dichio. Is there more to this saga? I think so.
41 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/3539674724) from Twitter

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 01:57 PM
^ yes, we've all seen that

Ageroo
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
^ yes, we've all seen that

Don't be mean......:D

lintberg
08-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Oops, didn't realize it was already posted on the previous page.

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 02:00 PM
hahaha sorry lintberg, but yes, that's some pretty shocking news. (albeit late)

lintberg
08-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what unfolds and when?

FluSH
08-25-2009, 02:07 PM
A week later in a reserve game he was run into the ground playing a full 90 minutes against a team from Saskatchewan. Where is the logic in that? -Kristian Jack

I did not know about this!!!!! HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL

Is Mo Johnston crazy? This is suicide for him.... literally the man wants to be hated here in Toronto as well. DICHIO is bullet proof amongst the supporters... Heck I expect for him to be TFC BOSS one day.

If indeed there is more to the story and Mo has a hand at this... he is nailing his own coffin here in Toronto.

Suds
but will the rumours run more wild with Danny-gate than with Rohan's Twitter-gate?

canadian_bhoy
Get Dichio on the field you morons!

Man, if we don't make the playoffs...

http://landoftheleaf.com/files/2009/04/toronto-fc.jpg

+

http://www.cinematreadwell.com/doral/turd.png

+

http://www.gowfb.com/images/LifestyleSolutions/Knotch/Knotch-Platform-Bed.jpg

Nuvinho
08-25-2009, 02:09 PM

I did not know about this!!!!! HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL

Is Mo Johnston crazy? This is suicide for him.... literally the man wants to be hated here in Toronto as well. DICHIO is bullet proof amongst the supporters... Heck I expect for him to be TFC BOSS one day.

If indeed there is more to the story and Mo has a hand at this... he is nailing his own coffin here in Toronto.

I really am tempted to start a website - I hate Mo Johnston dotcom

FluSH
08-25-2009, 02:12 PM

All directions are pointing to what you speculate. I believe I owe you an apology... and I've given very few on here before.

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 02:14 PM
^^ Im sorry Flush but what has changed since yesterday.

we're all still just messageboarding ourselves a story we dont know anything about. Why dont we wait for the truth whatever it may be to come out and then we will know stuff, cause we dont know anything right now

FluSH
08-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Kristian Jack basically said there is speculation that DICHIO was going to be released!!!

We want answers and we want them now... This is MADNESS

The supporters wrath will be felt... hard. I can't believe what I'm reading?

FluSH
08-25-2009, 02:18 PM
^^ Im sorry Flush but what has changed since yesterday.

we're all still just messageboarding ourselves a story we dont know anything about. Why dont we wait for the truth whatever it may be to come out and then we will know stuff, cause we dont know anything right now

When the truth comes out???? and DICHIO is (God forbid) released... then what?????!

We want answers.... any other pro team in Toronto would have had statements/answers by now... I've been reading everything and anything about Tie Domi for the past how many years???

If this was the Leafs... the media would have bombarded Cummins and Mo Johnston with questions... This is just plain wrong.

Brooker
08-25-2009, 02:20 PM
this is a fucking nightmare.... these 3 seasons have been so frustrating and Dichio was the best thing that ever happend to TFC... and now they are somehow, incredibly, managing to fuck this up TOO!

are they trying to make us go insane?

stretchthetruth
08-25-2009, 02:20 PM
this club gives me heartburn... on one hand, i'm positive that they cant be that stupid. on the other, i'm convinced they actually are that stupid. heartburn.

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
MLSE does that.

They would take the goose that lay the golden egg and chop it up to eat for dinner.

MadameTFC
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Dichio released?? Total insanity. If that's true Mo has pushed a self-destruct button.

ensco
08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
My further speculation. It's not about releasing him. Why would they? Salaries are paid anyway now. Here's my wager on what happened:

Dichio plays 90 against Saskatchewan 3 days before Chivas game. This is the act of disrespect, right there. Danny is steamed in his own professional way. Remember how he kicked the flag against the Galaxy in early June? Think how he must feel now.

Danny goes to Mo and says, if you're not going to play me Saturday, spare me the flight. Don't select me.

So he's available, and they don't select him. Mo spins this internally as some sort of act of respect for Dichio.

But neither Mo nor Cummins are man enough to tell the truth. So they come up with this cockamamie story.

Mo always has to be the smartest guy in the room. He kind of got away with this stuff in the Carver thing, but it's catching up with him on this one.

London
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
i am putting the cart before the horse but

if danny is let go, i will not go the the rest of the matches

Brooker
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
My further speculation. It's not about releasing him. Why would they? Salaries are paid anyway now. Here's my wager on what happened:

Dichio plays 90 against Saskatchewan 3 days before Chivas game. This is the act of disrespect, right there.

Danny goes to Mo and says, if you're not going to play me Saturday, spare me the flight. Don't select me.

So he's available, and they don't select him.

But neither Mo nor Cummins are man enough to tell the truth. So they come up with this cockamamie story.

Mo always has to be the smartest guy in the room. He kind of got away with this stuff in the Carver thing, but it's catching up with him on this one.

i'd put money on that being the truth.

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Carver had support but nothing like what Danny does.

Any disrespect to Danny and they are going to have every single supporter at BMO Field calling for their heads.

If there is anyone untouchable on TFC, it's Danny. We know he's done at the end of the year. We love him. Don't disrespect him. Let him finish out the year with class or face the wrath of supporters.

They think we were upset after the Vancouver loss? Break our hearts with Danny and it would be 10x worse.

Forget about supporters. You will have 20,000 people at BMO Field looking to pour beer on you.

DangerRed
08-25-2009, 02:26 PM
This is beyond fucking stupid, from all angles -- supporters included.

It's stupid that the club is silent about what's going on beyond the shlock that Cummins fed to the media yesterday.

But it's also really stupid of us to be whipping ourselves into a frenzy about Dichio being released. There has been NOTHING to suggest that that's the case. There is a very deep chasm of unknown between what we know and what is the truth, so just calm down for bit!

The best thing right now would be for the media to really put the squeeze on the club to let us know what's going on. That won't happen, however, because there's only a handful of journalists who are assigned to cover TFC, and they include guys like that fluffer from GolTV whose every question to Cummins is a soft, furry Valentine.

Here's hoping Molinaro brings back something worth talking about.

Suds
08-25-2009, 02:27 PM
This is beyond fucking stupid, from all angles -- supporters included.

It's stupid that the club is silent about what's going on beyond the shlock that Cummins fed to the media yesterday.

But it's also really stupid of us to be whipping ourselves into a frenzy about Dichio being released. There has been NOTHING to suggest that that's the case. There is a very deep chasm of unknown between what we know and what is the truth, so just calm down for bit!

The best thing right now would be for the media to really put the squeeze on the club to let us know what's going on. That won't happen, however, because there's only a handful of journalists who are assigned to cover TFC, and they include guys like that fluffer from GolTV whose every question to Cummins is a soft, furry Valentine.

Here's hoping Molinaro brings back something worth talking about.

well said

ilikemusic
08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Ive said it for about two years now.

This team isnt going anywhere so long as Mo Johnston is in charge.

Maybe you guys should make a 'In Johnston we trust' banner.

Hopefully it has the same effect as the Carver banner.

Also, lol at people who defended the organization about leaving Danny in Toronto only to find out he played against Sas-fucking-katchewan a few days prior.

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Yup...we need John, Kristian and the rest of them to say, enough is enough. Give us the truth so that we stop speculating.

The only thing I have to say is when it comes to this team, where there is smoke, there is fire. Something is up with Danny. We need the team to tell us what that is. Is he hurt? Is he upset? Is he retiring? What is it? They obviously can't figure out how to do this with some professionalism and class, at the very least they can be straightforward for once.

Brooker
08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
if you are blaming people for being up in arms over this and jumping the gun, u just don't understand.

it's danny fucking dichio!

playing him 90 minutes against a bunch of kids 3 days before we play Chivas is enough for people to be pissed to high hell....

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 02:33 PM
^^ if that was the case where was the thread last thursday? Were people up in arms about it then (i really dont know) It seems now that we arent getting info this board is taking its usual approach and finding something else to be pissed about in the meantime

DangerRed
08-25-2009, 02:34 PM
if you are blaming people for being up in arms over this and jumping the gun, u just don't understand.

playing him 90 minutes against a bunch of kids 3 days before we play Chivas is enough for people to be pissed to high hell....

Dude, I understand -- I had Danny autograph my TFC shirt two weeks ago and I love the man as much as the next guy.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you don't know who decided that Danny should play 90 min against the Saskatchewan kids. It's entirely possible it was his own choice because the dusk of his career is approaching and he knows he's done playing professionally.

We just don't know.

BuSaPuNk
08-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Let's hope all this releasing talk stays nothing but what it is talk. If DD is released I will be mad as hell. This is no way to treat the teams first Legend. I agree with RPBLondon. He goes....we don't come to the games. Show up outside Gate 3 doing Dichio chants all game long.

Brooker
08-25-2009, 02:37 PM
i assume everybody is ready for the longest 23:13 of all time on Sept 12th?

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Dude, I understand -- I had Danny autograph my TFC shirt two weeks ago and I love the man as much as the next guy.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you don't know who decided that Danny should play 90 min against the Saskatchewan kids. It's entirely possible it was his own choice because the dusk of his career is approaching and he knows he's done playing professionally.

We just don't know.

You think this is bad? Wait to see if something actually happens. No moderating would help this board. If this team gets eliminated from the playoffs, or if they screw Danny or anything else of that calibre and we may as well close the board because there is no moderation in the world that can stop the wrath of a footy fan.

Right now people are doing about 60kmh....if the crap hits the fan, it will jump to 150kmh.

Yeah...we know nothing for sure right now. But the hounds are out and they've picked up a scent. If TFC was smart, they'd head this off at the pass, but I don't have that kind of confidence in their PR skills.

BuSaPuNk
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
i assume everybody is ready for the longest 23:13 of all time on Sept 12th?

I said this last year, and if any of these rumors are true about DD leaving.....i think it's 90 minutes of 23:13 for the last home game.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
it wont be pretty....

nimamalek
08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
If he's too injured to play a first team game, how does he put in 90 mins during a reserve game? This is the final straw for me, Cummins has to go at the end of the season, a guy who cant understand how important Dichio is to the team shouldnt be in charge. A full game by Dichio would have got us the win against the Islanders.

DangerRed
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
If TFC was smart, they'd head this off at the pass, but I don't have that kind of confidence in their PR skills.

Yeah, people think Michelle is an idiot and whatever, but this is basic stuff. Perhaps it's just a matter of timing and something will soon break. I'm done calling for moderation. Go to town. I, meanwhile, will .... :hide:

BuSaPuNk
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
You think this is bad? Wait to see if something actually happens. No moderating would help this board. If this team gets eliminated from the playoffs, or if they screw Danny or anything else of that calibre and we may as well close the board because there is no moderation in the world that can stop the wrath of a footy fan.

Right now people are doing about 60kmh....if the crap his the fan, it will jump to 150kmh.

Yeah...we know nothing for sure right now. But the hounds are out and they've picked up a scent. If TFC was smart, they'd head this off at the pass, but I don't have that kind of confidence in their PR skills.

I don't think it's that hard for some jerk to write up an article on the TFC website saying what is going on, or even to call an press conference tommarow and have MoJo and Paul sit down and answer some questions about this North stand and to put the Dichio mystery to bed.

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, people think Michelle is an idiot and whatever, but this is basic stuff. Perhaps it's just a matter of timing and something will soon break. I'm done calling for moderation. Go to town. I, meanwhile, will .... :hide:

Since TFC personnel read this board regularly, it's good for them to know how the regular fan feels. Raw feelings and all. Unless some unfair or offensive shots gets directed at them, there is no need to tell people to hold back on their true feelings.

Danny is special to TFC fans. Almost every fan identifies with him. Maybe the team needs to be reminded of that fact before they throw him out to play a university team for 90 minutes.

That is what this board does.

That being said, moderators are watching this thread carefully. Everyone should re-read their posts before making them as anything that crosses the line will be dealt with immediately.

jabbronies
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
This is all just FFFFFFFFFUCKED!

London
08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
agreed roogsy, maybe we look at this as kind a warning shot over the top of the stadium.

they obviously read that we were pissed already to give john the 'business" for writing a story

Ageroo
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Many ways to voice your displeasure without personally attacking an individual......I know you are all creative souls....;)

Section 117
08-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't think that they will be cutting Danny as they have to pay his salary any way.

I hope to see Danny on the pitch before the years is out.... A proper club would let him play the full 90 in the final game and he should wear the captain band out of respect.

But IMO fat chance of that happening and fat chance Mo or his yes man Cummins will make any comment about this situation. Enjoy Mo for another 3 years as his extension is already signed and watch him shaft the legend that is Danny Dichio

Shakes McQueen
08-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll wait until we know more before I get too crazy, but if they are treating Danny the way it looks and sounds like they are treating him, it's time for a fucking riot.

Not much more to say. Guy is our most prolific striker (for what it's worth), and still makes a solid contribution, even if it's just as a sub. He's also a TFC legend, and hence, he deserves more than just being phased out of the picture silently, to apparently run out his final days in meaningless games vs. Saskatchewan.

If Cummins et al. have any sense, they will come out and clear the air on this situation quickly.

- Scott

Boris
08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't think that they will be cutting Danny as they have to pay his salary any way.

I hope to see Danny on the pitch before the years is out.... A proper club would let him play the full 90 in the final game and he should wear the captain band out of respect.

But IMO fat chance of that happening and fat chance Mo or his yes man Cummins will make any comment about this situation. Enjoy Mo for another 3 years as his extension is already signed and watch him shaft the legend that is Danny Dichio

hmmmmmm i cant seem but to agree with you on all counts.
if this proves to be true they, the powers that be are going ot hear it from us.

To me it just seems like they want to create a scapegoat incase we dont make the play offs

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 03:02 PM

The arm band? Fat chance.

Only guys like Vitti and Velez get special consideration with the arm band.

MadameTFC
08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Mr. Cummins, "to be honest", what you said about Dichio yesterday is BS.

Suds
08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
The arm band? Fat chance.

Only guys like Vitti and Velez get special consideration with the arm band.

I think if Brennen was on the field with the arm band and Dichio came on he would hand it over. He understands what a sign of respect that would be.

At least I hope he does.

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 03:10 PM
this is a fucking nightmare.... these 3 seasons have been so frustrating and Dichio was the best thing that ever happend to TFC... and now they are somehow, incredibly, managing to fuck this up TOO!

are they trying to make us go insane?

Perfect timing for season ticket renewals!!:facepalm:

ArmenJBX
08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
^^^
with a 20% increase in fees.

Supporter's groups get a 15 dollar discount though?

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Perfect timing for season ticket renewals!!:facepalm:

I think we're going to have to disable the :facepalm: smiley for the next few days.
I have a feeling it will get used way beyond belief.

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I think we're going to have to disable the :facepalm: smiley for the next few days.

Totally predictable and understandable
Which is why I decided to use it for the first and probably last time just now.

Is it true Yellow as a price range will go the way of the dinosaurs? Light grey will be the cheapest seats?

BFin
08-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Dichio as a scape goat? with his 3 minutes of play per game? That does not compute.

To me, it's just us blowing an unfound rumor out of proportion again.

1) No one knows he will be released
2) No one knows why he played 90 mins against Saskatchewan
3) NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET

Relax, if it happens, react. Don't just make assumptions (I have copy and pasted this sentence too many times this year).

FluSH
08-25-2009, 03:23 PM

This right here does it for me...

TFC talks about loyalty. What loyalty are they showing to the man who built this house in the last two seasons… Dichio is a LEGEND to us. From the first goal of the season to the last... and this is how you repay Loyalty?!?!??

johnmolinaro
Two things I want to say here:

1) calm down a bit. don't put the cart before the horse. Nobody knows if Danny is on his way out. that's what I'm trying to find out (and maybe he legitimately can't travel to west coast game) and I'll keep trying and keep pressing it (so don't worry about that), but please don't get all riled up with all of this wild speculation.

2) I'm not sure what the issue is some of you have with Michelle Lissell, but she's been nothing but courteous and helpful to me, and she's a helluva lot better than some of the other PR people with other Toronto teams. No need to drag her name through the mud, IMO.

John

TFC Tifoso
Dichio as a scape goat? with his 3 minutes of play per game? That does not compute.

To me, it's just us blowing an unfound rumor out of proportion again.

1) No one knows he will be released
2) No one knows why he played 90 mins against Saskatchewan
3) NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET

Relax, if it happens, react. Don't just make assumptions (I have copy and pasted this sentence too many times this year).

this is much of the problem.....many supporters believe the proactive approach is the path to take.....if you have to react, then its already too late....

FluSH
08-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Danny is steamed in his own professional way. Remember how he kicked the flag against the Galaxy in early June? Think how he must feel now.

DICHIO IS BOSS - When he kicked that flag vs Galaxy game he sent us a Message... noone on this team can do that but DANNY DICHIO

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
2) I'm not sure what the issue is some of you have with Michelle Lissell, but she's been nothing but courteous and helpful to me, and she's a helluva lot better than some of the other PR people with other Toronto teams. No need to drag her name through the mud, IMO.

John

Shes been anything but to us John. This isnt a random dislike of convenience. That woman has shown her true colours to us and deserves our treatment of her, and will continue to get it...and that will include mud dragging.

Agreed completely about the calming down though, please conitnue to work on this.

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 03:28 PM

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad129/MDHindley/startrekfacepalm.gif

:canada:

Section 117
08-25-2009, 03:29 PM
This right here does it for me...

TFC talks about loyalty. What loyalty are they showing to the man who built this house in the last two seasons… Dichio is a LEGEND to us. From the first goal of the season to the last... and this is how you repay Loyalty?!?!??

Hey Flush

You see why have been posting what I have been posting. Cummins is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. How could you say he can't travel yet plays 90 mins on Thursday. Come on how stuipid do they think we are???

Parkdale
08-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Is it true Yellow as a price range will go the way of the dinosaurs? Light grey will be the cheapest seats?

first I've heard of that. I can't see it happening, just because the price difference between yellow and light gray is significant (over a season anyway).

haha... just thought of something... remember when the Leafs moved from the Garden to the ACC and all the 'gold' seat holders at the garden were promised 'gold' seats at the ACC, but then they added a whole new section of 'platinum' seats in front of them? hahaha.... sports eh? you can't help but laugh to keep from crying.

Boris
Hey Flush

You see why have been posting what I have been posting. Cummins is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. How could you say he can't travel yet plays 90 mins on Thursday. Come on how stuipid do they think we are???

they think we dont know the info we actually do.

Parkdale
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad129/MDHindley/startrekfacepalm.gif

:canada:

you've been saving that one up for a while no?

FluSH
Two things I want to say here:

1) calm down a bit. don't put the cart before the horse. Nobody knows if Danny is on his way out. that's what I'm trying to find out (and maybe he legitimately can't travel to west coast game) and I'll keep trying and keep pressing it (so don't worry about that), but please don't get all riled up with all of this wild speculation.

From wild speculation to reality... if the mere thought of letting DICHIO go indeed happens... May God have Mercy on us all...

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey Flush

While your frustration may end up being reasonable...there is no logic in this sentence. Firstly what if he got a knock in the pointless reserve game he played? Also travel does do negative things to the body. Flying can enflame things that were not bad to begin with. be angry if you must...but be angry for reasons that make sense

TorontoBlades
08-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Shes been anything but to us John. This isnt a random dislike of convenience. That woman has shown her true colours to us and deserves our treatment of her, and will continue to get it...and that will include mud dragging.

Agreed completely about the calming down though, please conitnue to work on this.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/deviantd23/booyakasha.jpg

TorontoBlades
08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
While your frustration may end up being reasonable...there is no logic in this sentence. Firstly what if he got a knock in the pointless reserve game he played? Also travel does do negative things to the body. Flying can enflame things that were not bad to begin with. be angry if you must...but be angry for reasons that make sense

especially concussion related problems...

Section 117
08-25-2009, 03:42 PM

I know for a fact he suffered no knock, no flare up of any old injury what so ever. So for me to get upset about what a bullshit excuse Cummins made up yesterday is completely understandable.

I could understand if he was injured you would not hear a word from me but... again Trust me he is not hurt that is fact..

Boris
08-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I know for a fact he suffered no knock, no flare up of any old injury what so ever. So for me to get upset about what a bullshit excuse Cummins made up yesterday is completely understandable.

I could understand if he was injured you would not hear a word from me but... again Trust me he is not hurt that is fact..

ill have to agree

Darlofletch
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Ooh, my internet goes down at work for a while, and when i come back, this thread has really got going.

Firstly I'd like to say to all the people saying Dichio has to play in the last game, just because, to show him respect, if the playoffs are still undecided either way at that point which more than likely they will be, then that's no time for sentiment, we put out the best team we have and try our hardest to win for the full 90 minutes. Let Dichio do a seperate lap of honour after the game or something else, but we shouldn't be jeapordising results for the sake of sentiment, and i don't believe Danny would want the team to do that. We can certainly pay our respects as supporters to him even if he is sat on the bench (it would definitely be awesome if he did get some action in the last game, but that can't be managament's priority).

Having said that, he should be in the team or at least on the bench, he can certainly do a job for this team, and if he's fit enough to play 90 minutes for the reserves, then I really really hope they don't nail him to the bench, or drop him entirely for the rest of the season.

I'm very intrigued to see what does come out about all this, it's probably nothing, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if as have been previously suggested, it's Mo who's behind it because he feels threatened by Dichio's popularity. he's played nice and got his 3 year extension, so now he's getting ruthless and trying to force Danny out rather than let him move into coaching and maybe ultimately Mo's job. Complete specualtion, but it sounds plausible to me.

andyc
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
As I said yesterday and it was called 100% bollocks, Danny has had a disagreement with someone at the club a while ago. This will greatly affect the chances of him being with TFC next year or even being in TO.

This is all just fallout... Oh and imo lack of class on the clubs behalf

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 03:47 PM

but i dont trust you. You could just as easily be right and probably are, but who are you and why do you know this. And you also probably dont have access to Danny's medical records current and old. if you do then how, and who are you. Regardless of how right you are, you're insistence on the standard modern nameless sources has created an informationless shitstorm on this board. Take credit for yourself and present unbiased info instead of emotionally charged "trust me" comments

TFC Tifoso
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Ooh, my internet goes down at work for a while, and when i come back, this thread has really got going.

Firstly I'd like to say to all the people saying Dichio has to play in the last game, just because, to show him respect, if the playoffs are still undecided either way at that point which more than likely they will be, then that's no time for sentiment, we put out the best team we have and try our hardest to win for the full 90 minutes. Let Dichio do a seperate lap of honour after the game or something else, but we shouldn't be jeapordising results for the sake of sentiment, and i don't believe Danny would want the team to do that. We can certainly pay our respects as supporters to him even if he is sat on the bench (it would definitely be awesome if he did get some action in the last game, but that can't be managament's priority).

Having said that, he should be in the team or at least on the bench, he can certainly do a job for this team, and if he's fit enough to play 90 minutes for the reserves, then I really really hope they don't nail him to the bench, or drop him entirely for the rest of the season.

I'm very intrigued to see what does come out about all this, it's probably nothing, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if as have been previously suggested, it's Mo who's behind it because he feels threatened by Dichio's popularity. he's played nice and got his 3 year extension, so now he's getting ruthless and trying to force Danny out rather than let him move into coaching and maybe ultimately Mo's job. Complete specualtion, but it sounds plausible to me.

funny thing is, Danny is one of our best options (imo still THE BEST) we have up front, sentimental feelings aside.....

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
who are you and why do you know this.

Really?
You don't know who he is?
You've been around awhile so I thought you'd remember.

olegunnar
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
funny thing is, Danny is one of our best options (imo still THE BEST) we have up front, sentimental feelings aside.....

everyone talks about OBW and Gala teaming up to score against RM...but Danny made that goal possible.

When he's on the pitch good things happen. Well, good compared to the usual shit storm.

I don't think anyone is saying he should play 90 minutes every game...or even every other game...but he does have a role for us on the field...and he has earned respect from the club...ahem.. I mean franchise. For some reason the franchise won't aknowledge that.

Section 117
08-25-2009, 03:55 PM
but i dont trust you. You could just as easily be right and probably are, but who are you and why do you know this. And you also probably dont have access to Danny's medical records current and old. if you do then how, and who are you. Regardless of how right you are, you're insistence on the standard modern nameless sources has created an informationless shitstorm on this board. Take credit for yourself and present unbiased info instead of emotionally charged "trust me" comments

At the end of the day does it really matter where I get the information from?

If you have noticed that anytime I have posted anything on this board about the squad I have been correct. You can check for yourself one example I got called out because I questioned Soccer by Ives as I knew that Serioux was coming and he said he wasn't.

But what ever if you don't want to believe me or what I say fine. But if John Moilinaro gets a scolding from Cummins today for asking about Danny I must not know what I am talking about. Where there is smoke there is always fire

So take it for what is worth and ask around about I have been right about a lot of things on this board

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Sometimes people are too accustomed to being skeptical, they don't even bother looking to see if there is good reason to be.

grizzle
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
This whole thread seems retarded to be speculating about something without knowing all the facts.

Shakes McQueen
08-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Sometimes people are too accustomed to being skeptical, they don't even bother looking to see if there is good reason to be.

This pretty much sums it up.

Keep pressing the FO to clear the air on what is going on with Danny, but for the love of God, some folks need to calm down until we know if there's a legitimate reason to be upset.

It's possible to be proactive, without going completely batshit and making unfounded assumptions.

If Danny is being disrespected, I will light everyone else's torch with my own. Until then, let's just keep pressing the front office to give us more information, shall we?

- Scott

Roogsy
08-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I was sort of leaning the other way Scott. 117 has proven to have inside information before and therefore there is little reason to be skeptical of his information now other than to choose to be skeptical regardless.

Other people have inside info as well. The fact is something is happening with Danny. How the team will ultimately deal with this is up to them, but there is no question now there is some backroom shenannigans going on.

BFin
08-25-2009, 04:06 PM
The Inner Toobz Are Exploding!!!

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Really?
You don't know who he is?
You've been around awhile so I thought you'd remember.

If i dont know you in person I rarely remember anything you say on the messageboard. Basically if i dont actually know you I assume you are an advance spam system.

And the problem I have is the lack of info. The sky is indeed falling in RPB land.

Easy question, who are you, why do you know this....and what is the info you have. youve told us dichio is not injured...so we're par for the course here. Outside of that i'm pretty sure there is a fire somewhere since people keep seeing smoke. This is an informationless story....full of emotional response. All I want is info, so I can make an INFORMED response...which would of course be anger if Dichio is released or disrespected

Shakes McQueen
08-25-2009, 04:09 PM
I was sort of leaning the other way Scott. 117 has proven to have inside information before and therefore there is little reason to be skeptical of his information now other than to choose to be skeptical regardless.

Other people have inside info as well. The fact is something is happening with Danny. How the team will ultimately deal with this is up to them, but there is no question now there is some backroom shenannigans going on.

That's fine. I think something is up too. But I'm going to temper my rage until I know what that "something" is.

Even if he's right, all that tells us is that something is up.

I'm as skeptical as everyone else about the line coming from the FO, regarding DD. But there's a huge leap between being skeptical, and losing your shit over things we still don't know anything about.

- Scott

Pachuco
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
The saddest thing out of everything that is transpiring is that not only is Dichio a Legend, HE'S STILL THE BEST WE HAVE UP FRONT.

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
That's fine. I think something is up too. But I'm going to temper my rage until I know what that "something" is.

Even if he's right, all that tells us is that something is up.

I'm as skeptical as everyone else about the line coming from the FO, regarding DD. But there's a huge leap between being skeptical, and losing your shit over things we still don't know anything about.

- Scott

Call yourself a real supporter!?!! i kid i kid:D. and agree with everything you say. If Danny is getting legitimately disrespected we are gonna have plenty of time to be pissed about it. Might as well wait for info before setlling into that mode

TFC07
08-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't know what to believe in anymore...TFC is starting to become a big joke.

TFC is run by bunch of amateurs! I don't know how TFC fans can support this team anymore.

If TFC don't make it to the playoffs, then I hope Mo Johnson decides to apologize to TFC fans on field after final game of this season (similar to how Glen Grunwald apologize to Raptor fans after an disappointing season). BTW MLSE better not jack up ticket prices for next season.

canadian_bhoy
08-25-2009, 04:19 PM

That's my whole issue with the situation. If he's hurt, the club should F'n say so instead of this pussyfooting around crap.

If he's not hurt than this doesn't make any sense at all. He's our best striker despite the younger talent they have brought in.

His football knowledge alone is enough to keep him on the pitch.

flatpicker
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
^ for sure...

DD is still worth a minimum of 30 mins per game.

Hitcho
08-25-2009, 04:21 PM
OK, I've read all this through, got mad about it, then calmed down and read it all again, and I think my response is this:

IF the ruours are true about Danny either A) being quietly phased out, or B) (and god help them if this is true) being released, THEN I am going to blow a fucking gasket. It really wouldn't be hard to organise a proper, full on, every man jack walkout for the final home game, right after the loudest 23.13 song in history. I mean, what the fuck would they be thinking??!!

I have supported Mo from the early days and even now I still think he has got the squad to peak (if not the team's performance) at the right time, with a great blend of youth replacing the senior players who have got us this far from expansion.

BUT - if Mo is in the process if fucking over Dichio then I will join every single protest call, petition, march, chant, banner waving, shit throwing hullabllo that I can find to join in with until he is gone.

Now, I couched all of that in conditional terms, and I'm trying to be calm and rational about it, but the FO need to understand, very clearly, that this is a highly emotive and explosive subject and as rational as I am trying to be, it's very hard, and I am furious beneath the surface just thinking about it.

FO - take notice - put this fire out now and don;t be stupid enough to let it spread or, god forbid, have some substance to it. Because I'd like to see your faces when you have an empty stadium for the second half of the final game of the season, your "premium" priced game because of the atmosphere. I will personally walk round the stands and encourage people to leave based on what MLSE have done to Danny, and you knwo what? I think an awful lot of pople would listen.

As for Cummins, he'd be signign his death warrant at the club. Mo may be almost untouchable, but CC isn't, and if it comes to light he's done this, then he'll be protested out by Canada Day next season I would think.

DANNY = LEGEND

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Hitcho
08-25-2009, 04:25 PM
That's my whole issue with the situation. If he's hurt, the club should F'n say so instead of this pussyfooting around crap.

If he's not hurt than this doesn't make any sense at all. He's our best striker despite the younger talent they have brought in.

His football knowledge alone is enough to keep him on the pitch.

Agreed. I'd pick him every game, including if we're only playing one up front. Look at the start of this season - he was the one really making things happen. He is by far the best FOOTBALLER in the squad, with an honorable metion to the likes of De Ro, Amado and Vitti but IMO they have more attacking flair but not as much footballing knowledge and ability.

Bottom line is, Danny makes things happen. And my God do we ever need someone like that right now.

FluSH
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM

Calming down? Have you met me? I'm not a quite person... If I was a quiet and calmed person I wouldn't be a supporter... I would be texting in the middle of the game in Section 220...

TFC Tifoso
08-25-2009, 04:29 PM
As for Cummins, he'd be signign his death warrant at the club. Mo may be almost untouchable, but CC isn't, and if it comes to light he's done this, then he'll be protested out by Canada Day next season I would think.

DANNY = LEGEND

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Why is Mo untouchable? I could be wrong, and right now totally assuming, but a situation like this would have to do more woth MoJo than Cummins....Mo is essentially Cummins boss....if Mo says Dichio plays, he will.....

TFC07
08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Why is Mo untouchable? I could be wrong, and right now totally assuming, but a situation like this would have to do more woth MoJo than Cummins....Mo is essentially Cummins boss....if Mo says Dichio plays, he will.....

Because Mo just signed an 3 year contract extension according to the sources here. lol

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Calming down? Have you met me? I'm not a quite person... If I was a quiet and calmed person I wouldn't be a supporter... I would be texting in the middle of the game in Section 220...

I am a pretty calm dude and i am a supporter. I dont put emotion highly in anything I do. It comes naturally but never gets priority. Theres no reason for us to argue about being calm/emotional, etc and how it affects support. But again, all i am asking for is information. Right now we have none. So its all irrelevant until we do in my mind.

FluSH
08-25-2009, 04:33 PM

He doesn't need to reveal his identity... what you need to know is that if someone here makes a claim and/or fact... about the team... and leaking news... and then it turns out to be false... that user will get the Hammer...IP Ban...

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 04:34 PM
What if he says nothing....like he has in this case...^^

FluSH
08-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I am a pretty calm dude and i am a supporter. I dont put emotion highly in anything I do. It comes naturally but never gets priority. Theres no reason for us to argue about being calm/emotional, etc and how it affects support. But again, all i am asking for is information. Right now we have none. So its all irrelevant until we do in my mind.

Then you haven't been paying attention to these boards all these years... emotions of passion run deep here... we are not the calmed supporter types... Well maybe calmer than some of our fellow SG's

Ageroo
08-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Then you haven't been paying attention to these boards all these years... emotions of passion run deep here... we are not the calmed supporter types... Well maybe calmer than some of our fellow SG's

Hey...I am calm....At times. :D

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 04:47 PM

well emotions run deep with you...and that is not something i will judge, that's you and I dont have a problem with that. But its something i do try to curb myself against, because emotional responses rarely create intelligent responses. As I've seen it happen here. There are a huge amount of "Calm" supporters here....they tend to not post here anymore actually...but again, I'm not trying to attack 117 at all. And it seems he isnt going to tell us any info on how he gets this info..fine....but please 117, what info do you have.

Hitcho
08-25-2009, 04:48 PM

Mo's the GM, apparently just got a contract extension, not being put under pressure to deliver or get out, always got a scapegoat underneath him. I just don;t see him, based on my (admittedly pretty limited, perhaps) knoweldge and reading of the situation, as being in the firing line for anything.

Whereas CC is INTERIM head coach, and is looking vulnerable come the end of the season regardless, becasue even if we now scrape into the play offs, that would hardly make the season a resounding success and give us great cause for hope next year.

Just my interpretation of the situation.

Hitcho
08-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I just sent DD a message through his website to ask about his availability/status. if he/anyone comes back to me, I'll post the response...

Section 117
08-25-2009, 05:08 PM
I think that this situation needs to be resolved by the FO. As a SG and with the reporters pressing the issue we will get an answer even if it is not the one we want to hear

This why I posted what I posted ...

FluSH
08-25-2009, 05:10 PM
well emotions run deep with you...and that is not something i will judge, that's you and I dont have a problem with that. But its something i do try to curb myself against, because emotional responses rarely create intelligent responses. As I've seen it happen here. There are a huge amount of "Calm" supporters here....they tend to not post here anymore actually...but again, I'm not trying to attack 117 at all. And it seems he isnt going to tell us any info on how he gets this info..fine....but please 117, what info do you have.

I don't want to derail this thread... but: I will suggest for these "calm supporters" to STOP telling me to calm down... FFS it irritates me... I chant +90 minutes every fcuking game... and now you're telling me to calm down?!?!?!?!??! Please don't.

anyhow back to DICHIO...

Super
08-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes - out of respect for the supporters and knowing how much Dichio means to us it's only right to be honest and up front with all of us on his current status. Hiding things from us will only anger us more - and will certainly lose them favour amongst all ticket holders in general as well.

Tell us the truth, TFC!

H Bomb
08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
It irritated me when people get emotional and claim emotionality is necessary in cases like this...we all have to deal with shit we disagree with....

pekduck
08-25-2009, 05:15 PM

I don't want to derail this thread... but: I will suggest for these "calm supporters" to STOP telling me to calm down... FFS it irritates me... I chant +90 minutes every fcuking game... and now you're telling me to calm down?!?!?!?!??! Please don't.

anyhow back to DICHIO...

h-bomb didn't tell you to calm down...

back to dichio

i'll get super pissed and riled up if anything stupid is to happen to the legend, which by the direction of the wind, what's done is done, we're just in the dark... f...

FluSH
08-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Yes - out of respect for the supporters and knowing how much Dichio means to us it's only right to be honest and up front with all of us on his current status. Hiding things from us will only anger us more - and will certainly lose them favour amongst all ticket holders in general as well.

Tell us the truth, TFC!

Canadian Bhoy said it best... TFC FO / Coaching Staff needs to stop pussyfooting around the situation...

pekduck
08-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Canadian Bhoy said it best... stop pussyfooting around the situation...

+1

FO needs to grow up

Section 117
08-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Why they should IMO they think we are like sheep where they go we will follow

Hitcho
08-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Anyone want to make a dead simple

WHERE'S DANNY ?

banner for the Sept 12th game? Simple usually does it best...

alex andrew
08-25-2009, 05:26 PM
nine pages later...my first post, pardon my esl whenever it shines, please.

dd is in the top ten players i have ever seen, he knows football, he just knows.

he can play another 2-3-4 years at this level, maybe more !

one touch a game is enough for a 'cat'.

whatever happens, he is our eusebio.

'they' know it, he knows it, we know it !

AL-MO
08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Anyone want to make a dead simple

WHERE'S DANNY ?

banner for the Sept 12th game? Simple usually does it best...

September 12th is a ways off. Lets hope we hear something before then.

Section 117
08-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Maybe the FO will throw us a bone and he will start on Sept 12

By that point the squad will probably be out of the playoffs anyways

TFC Tifoso
08-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Mo's the GM, apparently just got a contract extension, not being put under pressure to deliver or get out, always got a scapegoat underneath him. I just don;t see him, based on my (admittedly pretty limited, perhaps) knoweldge and reading of the situation, as being in the firing line for anything.

Whereas CC is INTERIM head coach, and is looking vulnerable come the end of the season regardless, becasue even if we now scrape into the play offs, that would hardly make the season a resounding success and give us great cause for hope next year.

Just my interpretation of the situation.

Fair enough, man....just wanted to hear the reasoning :thumbsup:

I actually agree with much of it, although its so sad that seems to be the situation re. Mo.......of course it doesn't help that the people above Mo (ie. Anselmi) most likely have limited knowledge of the sport as well, and thus Mo can sit pretty....

FluSH
08-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Fair enough, man....just wanted to hear the reasoning :thumbsup:

I actually agree with much of it, although its so sad that seems to be the situation re. Mo.......of course it doesn't help that the people above Mo (ie. Anselmi) most likely have limited knowledge of the sport as well, and thus Mo can sit pretty....

Mo will sit pretty until the supporters have had enough... yeah we complain and call out Judas etc from time to time... but we've never had an uniform effort to oust the man... I hope it doesn't come to that point... but this handling of Dichio will be closely watched.

Dichio is > Mo, Cummins, et al combined.