PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dichio not playing

nimamalek
08-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone know if he is injured? Seems to be a huge waste to sit a healthy Dichio.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-23-2009, 10:47 PM
this should be in the general area, not news

Brooker
08-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Has Chris Cummins spoken to the media about Dichio recently?

This is getting ridiculous. It would be nice to know what is going on for a change. The longer they say nothing, the longer they look clueless. (Atleast to me)

crozack
08-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Clearly he brings a presence on the pitch we otherwise dont have. Its clear DD cant play a full 90 but come on!....Look at how many corner kicks we have last game. He would have caused havoc in the 6 yrd box with his height and air dominance. I do like the makeout of this team but something is clearly wrong once the boys leave BMO.

Lucky Strike
08-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Danny can't play 90 anymore, but he's a clinical finisher in front of goal; he really should be playing once in a while. Perhaps he's making the transition to management for next year and that's why we're not seeing him?

Shaughno
08-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Or maybe he doesn't feel 100%?

Or maybe he asked to only be played 'if needed'?

Who knows? There could be a ton of things.

Section 117
08-24-2009, 07:52 AM
IMO the reason he hasn't been playing is that the FO has it in for him...

How can you explain that he sits on the bench, when he is the best option at striker we have? If you look at it Danny right now is the 4 option behind the following:
Gerba, White, Barrett. Are you kidding me?? Even at 34 he has more knowledge and understanding than all of them combine. He is a positive impact in almost every game he has played this year. Yet he only gets garbage minutes..

I don't think that he is going to last the season.... They will probably cut him, which shows the lack of class this organization has. He is in his last season show him the respect he deserves

CoachGT
08-24-2009, 07:59 AM
He's played a physical game all his life. Which is why, at 34, it takes him longer to prepare and recover from games than it ever has before. And nagging little injuries seem to take longer to heal. At the beginning of the year he spoke about limited playing time, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

andyc
08-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Danny isn't injured.

My understanding is that there has been a disagreement with someone at the club. Right now the odds of him coaching next year with TFC or even being in TO are far from certain...

Shaughno
08-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Danny isn't injured.

My understanding is that there has been a disagreement with someone at the club. Right now the odds of him coaching next year with TFC or even being in TO are far from certain...

I call 100% bollocks.

I heard from a good source that Danny has had a 'little' knock for a little while now that he hasn't been able to shake.

I'm not sure what that knock is, but if it has anything to do with his head (re: concsussion) then flying is definitely NOT an option.

If you watch the interview with Cummins, he said there was 3 players not travelling with the team. One being Brennan (suspended) the other two being Dichio, and Ibby.

Does this mean we're getting rid of Ibby to since he didn't travel either?

This forum makes me laugh. Dichio WILL be here next year, book it.

andyc
08-24-2009, 08:28 AM
^ let's wait and see...

Boris
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
ok - one thing...if you are going to discuss this keep it as speculation. You can speculate all you want. Unless we get official word then we wont know anything.

Lets not start any rumours so that they get spread and even make their way to the locker room. That has happened in the past and lets avoid it right now.

Section 117
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I call 100% bollocks.

I heard from a good source that Danny has had a 'little' knock for a little while now that he hasn't been able to shake.

I'm not sure what that knock is, but if it has anything to do with his head (re: concsussion) then flying is definitely NOT an option.

If you watch the interview with Cummins, he said there was 3 players not travelling with the team. One being Brennan (suspended) the other two being Dichio, and Ibby.

I will take that bet in a second ... From what I know and I heard there is zero chance of that happening

Carter
08-24-2009, 08:32 AM
I call 100% bollocks.

I'm glad im not the only one :lol:

nimamalek
08-24-2009, 08:44 AM
would be nice if someone could ask cummins about Dichio during the next Q&A.

olegunnar
08-24-2009, 08:47 AM
would be nice if someone could ask cummins about Dichio during the next Q&A.

I believe Ben Knight and Duane Rollins have press passes.
I'd click on their blogs if they asked. There's a first time for everything :D

Shaughno
08-24-2009, 08:50 AM
I will take that bet in a second ... From what I know and I heard there is zero chance of that happening

What exactly would you like to wager?

I am 100% confidant Dichio will be with the club next year in some way shape or form.

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 09:03 AM
I am 100% confidant Dichio will be with the club next year in some way shape or form.

yep.

I think they'll invent a position like 'Offensive Coach/Trainer' for him.
He's already working with the young guys in the Academy, and there's
absolutely no chance he'd just walk away from this opportunity.

Section 117
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
What exactly would you like to wager?

I will bet a pint on that. As from what I know the lack of respect he is being shown I can not see him still bein there next year. Everything being equal and none of this shit was happening then yes I would have agreed with you but now I don't think so

I know for a fact he is not hurt, so what explanation is there?

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 09:18 AM

are you his doctor?

seriously though, Dichio is 35 years old and has been playing
professional football for his entire adult life. If you can find me ANY
player who's put in that much time and doesn't have some negative
heath issues because of it.... we then that person isn't human.
Danny is old (relative to most players) so obviously it's going to be
slower for him to recover from injury, slower to warm up, and his pains
will be more intense than a 23 year old. Really... think about it.

no 35 year old player is 'injury free', they just have different levels of pain tolerance.

canadian_bhoy
08-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Colin Samuel pt. 2 playing ahead of Dichio is a disgrace. Unless DD is hurt, Cummins(or Cummings as TFC Public Relations called him during the RM press conference) is making a huge error on this one.

Detroit_TFC
08-24-2009, 09:34 AM
DD tweets that he's off to training. Of course he didn't say who he was training with so...

;)

Section 117
08-24-2009, 09:37 AM
are you his doctor?

seriously though, Dichio is 35 years old and has been playing
professional football for his entire adult life. If you can find me ANY
player who's put in that much time and doesn't have some negative
heath issues because of it.... we then that person isn't human.
Danny is old (relative to most players) so obviously it's going to be
slower for him to recover from injury, slower to warm up, and his pains
will be more intense than a 23 year old. Really... think about it.

no 35 year old player is 'injury free', they just have different levels of pain tolerance.

At the end of the day the person that has been giving me info has advised he is not hurt and that it has come from Danny. So yes I agree that at 35 you are not 23 and it does take longer to recover but this is not the case...

My post are what I either know or been told. I hope that I am wrong on this but as of today I have not heard anything to say that I am wrong

Libra_60
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Dichio is probably one of the best things TFC has at the current time and for whatever reason management seems to not want to use him. Without him in our lineup we are done. The next two game are for all the marbles in getting into the playoffs so get the big man in there where he can create havoc for other teams defenders. There is nobody better than danny when it comes to creating space and setting up others. Can't CUMMINS and COMPANY see this, if not it's time for changes and those changes should be immediate.

Davenport
08-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm afraid Danny's done.
He was 32 when he came and was at the back end of his career.
It's now 3 years on and with a dodgy back brought on by the hard surface, time has caught up with him.
He won't be playing much from now on. Maybe a couple of cameo appearances, but he'll retire at the end of the year.
If he was fit he'd be better than any of the tools Johnston has brought in.

Shaughno
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I will bet a pint on that. As from what I know the lack of respect he is being shown I can not see him still bein there next year. Everything being equal and none of this shit was happening then yes I would have agreed with you but now I don't think so

I thought you knew for a fact he wasn't hurt?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=683693&posted=1#post683693

Cummins said at practice today that Danny is too banged up to travel to west cost games. only plan to take him out west if they really need him

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
In all fairness, Cummins can give whatever reason he wants.....until Dichio says he's not 100% I'll believe that there's more to this than it seems....Dichio has never had a problem admitting he's injured before.....so why not now?....

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
.....until Dichio says he's not 100% I'll believe that there's more to this than it seems....

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
^ no its not a conspiracy, its called an observation, but if he's not healthy enough to travel with the team, then surely it would warrant a mention in the injury report, don't you think?

or I guess you can just post a dumb picture rather than try and prove your point.......

Parkdale
08-24-2009, 12:48 PM
here's my point..... do you ever heard "hey, I'm injured" from any player?

not really, it comes though the team. The idea that you have to hear it
confirmed by Dichio himself before you believe it is asking for too much.

also...

"but if he's not healthy enough to travel with the team,
then surely it would warrant a mention in the injury report, don't you think?"

did they list White on the injury report for the first half of the season? honest question, I'm not sure.

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
that's better...

I don't think its too much...players say it all the time that they're not feeling well, took a knock, etc.

as far as OBW is concerned....it was pretty obvious he was not fit after major knee surgery.....besides that, I do remember seeing his name on the injured list at the beginning of the year.

just don't see the need to be so secretive about Dichio....we have enough options at striker now, so its not like he has to downplay an injury to play through it.

ExiledRed
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
did they list White on the injury report for the first half of the season? honest question, I'm not sure.

yes they did..

Also, Parky, so you realise how easy it is to obfuscate truth while whenever someone questions something that is presented as truth, people like you start putting up pictures of tinfoil hats and start talking about aliens?

The guy doesn't trust Cummin's statement to the media as truth, so you liken him to a crazy guy who believes in aliens?

dear me....

ExiledRed
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I SPECULATE that Danny is being sidelined by CC, and that CC feels threatened by Danny's status here and the fact that he could easily coach this team at an equal or better level.

It's time to lose the cockney clown, I've had enough, whether Dichio is injured or not.

Libra_60
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I agree ExiledRed, it's time to say goodbye to Mr. C and bring in double D.

Roogsy
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
We've got to threads that are now pretty much covering the same point. I won't merge but let's keep this discussion going here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=16712