PDA

View Full Version : TFC Radio?

Toronto_Bhoy
06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Just heard Doug Farraway on The Fan's Euro preview say, "If MLSE are interested in radio, let's talk!"

However, their airwaves are booked with the Blue Jays and Raptors but maybe internet radio could be an option.

Does that interest anyone?

Martin Groove
06-07-2008, 09:07 AM
i dont know how many would actually listen to the game if they have the internet available in front of them, it would end up being a subscription just like the mls tv, and i have a feeling that most would choose the tv portion rather than listening to the radio. The one thing i didnt like is the comparison to the argos, and how we are approaching the level of them. Many will argue with me, but i must say, the argos dont fill pubs on away games, and sell merchandise like the tfc.

flatpicker
06-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I would be happy with just having a regularly scheduled MLS/TFC soccer show on the Fan590 or something.

Martin Groove
06-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I would be happy with just having a regularly scheduled MLS/TFC soccer show on the Fan590 or something.

they do dont they, on thursdays, but the problem is i think it doesnt have priority over the jays games, which sucks

egoodwin
06-07-2008, 10:42 AM
i dont know how many would actually listen to the game if they have the internet available in front of them, it would end up being a subscription just like the mls tv, and i have a feeling that most would choose the tv portion rather than listening to the radio. The one thing i didnt like is the comparison to the argos, and how we are approaching the level of them. Many will argue with me, but i must say, the argos dont fill pubs on away games, and sell merchandise like the tfc.
people still listen to the radio you know... What about those who can't get to a tv or internet at the time a game is on, say you're driving at the time or at work and the only means of entertainment is a radio...

It really should be picked up, maybe on 640

flatpicker
06-07-2008, 02:16 PM
they do dont they, on thursdays, but the problem is i think it doesnt have priority over the jays games, which sucks

I know there is a show... I just didn't realise it had a regular schedule... I thought it kinda bounced around a bit.

Anyways... more airtime and a better time slot would be fine with me.

Martin Groove
06-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I know there is a show... I just didn't realise it had a regular schedule... I thought it kinda bounced around a bit.

the time slot sucks due to the fact that it gets cut by jays games, and then there are radio hosts in this city that dont do any good for football as well, i heard mclown hang a caller up when he said he was going to talk about the euro

Mark in Ottawa
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM

I always listen to the Fan590 soccershow via podcast on iTunes.
Same way I listen to our own Red Patch Live :canada:

Razcle
06-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh my god....how many AM stations do we have in the Toronto area which suck balls???? ANSWER most of them. WHy wouldn't someone stick their nose out there and be the official radio station of TFC.....I would listen to radio braodcasts whenever I am away from the tube/internet. I have wondered this from TFC inception

WHITEY
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
people still listen to the radio you know... What about those who can't get to a tv or internet at the time a game is on, say you're driving at the time or at work and the only means of entertainment is a radio...

It really should be picked up, maybe on 640
I've listened to a couple of the road games via internet due there being no live stream available to me at work. It was great that I had that option (the broadcast sucked as both times (DC and Houston) the guys calling the games were total homers) but at least I was able to follow the team. If you try and use the link provided on the TFC website for the "radio" portion then yes, it is "pay per listen" for lack of better words through MLS, however, if you go the the radio station's website that is broadcasting the game and use their listen live option it's free. I'm sure The FAN or even 640 could broadcast the games on the internet only; I believe the FAN did this for the World Junior's.