PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Fans... WOW

TFClifer
08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Watching the Seattle - New England match now on GOLtv and I must say I am very impressed by the energy the fans have. In my opinion they have set the new bar.

Maybe this has been discussed before and probably with some negative comments... but have to say I am disappointed with the energy at BMO this year. Supporter sections to me don't seem to exist the way they did in previous seasons. Part of this has to do with the control BMO staff has placed on "non-supporter" sections such as where I am, IMO.

Basically seems like everyone is dead except for the few loud die hards. Think some new creative chants are in order that will get our whole house rocking again in one cohesive unit. I just got back from Europe and had the experience of a few big club matches and was blown away by the crowd support... just like it sounds in Seattle tonight.

Time to raise the bar another notch? Can we? Without the negative comments and immature remarks... RPB lead from the beginning and maybe its time to change the fuse that seems to have blown out this year.:drum:

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 09:52 PM
The problem is people do not want to be led.

People WANT the atmosphere, but they don't want to do what it takes to have it.

One of the reasons I don't particularly like 118 is because whenever you try to start a chant, some douchebag yells you down that this "aint the Red Patch".

How true it is.

Until people change their attitudes and until supporters groups have their own section full of their own members, it will always be a struggle but we will do what we can to keep it going.

Section 117
08-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Roogsy I completely agree the west side of the southend knows only two chants at best. I sit in 117 and I want to punch most of them.

Plus I know that the Seahawks were fined because they played noise through the pa system. I wouldn't be suprised if this is the case at Sounders games

TFClifer
08-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Speaking of the PA system... before one match that I went to in Europe, for two hours before the match someone was on the MIC walking around the crowd getting people into it... Asking them about the team, and then start a chant and the whole place would get louder and louder as the place filled. Genius.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:06 PM

One of the reasons I don't particularly like 118 is because whenever you try to start a chant, some douchebag yells you down that this "aint the Red Patch".

How true it is.

Until people change their attitudes and until supporters groups have their own section full of their own members, it will always be a struggle but we will do what we can to keep it going.

Exactly... let the douchebags and those who wanted cheap tickets to be together... open up the North Stands and let all of our RPB members and Friends of RPB come together...

When we first started... RPB was what? maybe 20 people maximum... We've out grown our trousers... open up the NORTH! Give us control (no scalper seats, no cheap tix... only supporters) and you will Toronto as the best supporters in the league once again.

Whoop
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Good luck getting people into the stadium 10 minutes before the match in Toronto. LOL

prizby
08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
it has to be done, we need our own section

it benefits toronto FC, because we would more or less self police ourselves...no RPB is gonna do something utterly stupid and throw a beer at someone...and if it happens, TFC knows we'll be the first one's to rat them out, we don't want that shit, TFC should want a united supporters section like that!

Sonny Cheeba
08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Good luck getting Sonny Cheeba into the stadium 10 minutes before the match in Toronto. LOL That motherfucker is late for everything.

so true.

TFClifer
08-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Good luck getting people into the stadium 10 minutes before the match in Toronto. LOL

Well it was the same, there are always people coming in as soon as the gates open.

Something needs to be done... I truly feel our atmosphere is slowly dying.

TFC07
08-20-2009, 10:12 PM

Why do Toronto Sport fans always show up late for games? Is this some kind of traditional that I am not aware of? lol

Jeff s
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Errr we had some really good atmosphere games. Especially the game against Islanders, loudest game we've had yet imo.

I still dont see the big hype in seattle tbh. They have that one back and forth chant that they do a million times than what? The marching band? the horns? Its noisy, but not much chanting. One of the games the commentator said the chants were being displayed on the big screen:picard:..

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:21 PM
it has to be done, we need our own section

it benefits toronto FC, because we would more or less self police ourselves...no RPB is gonna do something utterly stupid and throw a beer at someone...and if it happens, TFC knows we'll be the first one's to rat them out, we don't want that shit, TFC should want a united supporters section like that!

if that shit happens we control our own and police our own... you are in fact hurting the group if you do stupid things like that... I'm not going to say that everyone will always think rationale all the time... however when your "brother" tells you not to do something more than likely you won't... or at least that is the hope.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Errr we had some really good atmosphere games. Especially the game against Islanders, loudest game we've had yet imo.

I still dont see the big hype in seattle tbh. They have that one back and forth chant that they do a million times than what? The marching band? the horns? Its noisy, but not much chanting. One of the games the commentator said the chants were being displayed on the big screen:picard:..

They were certainly clapping and waving their scarves more than I've ever seen 112 this entire season... well maybe not the clapping... but certainly the waving of the scarves

clc12
Speaking of the PA system... before one match that I went to in Europe, for two hours before the match someone was on the MIC walking around the crowd getting people into it... Asking them about the team, and then start a chant and the whole place would get louder and louder as the place filled. Genius.

i've never been a big fan of using a mic or a megaphone. you shouldn't have to walk around and get people pumped up. you set the atmosphere and mood with good solid unified chants.

FluSH

This is probably 10% of the problem...

Sonny Cheeba
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
putting the songs on the big screen isn't a bad idea.... i don't get the facepalm.

if they're getting their chants out that way, then they're resourceful. we just use our screen to give out the numbers for the 50/50

Section 117
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Our biggest problem is lack of coordination as we have a bunch of different chants going on at the same time.

As much as most people will hate me for this but what is required is capos across the whole southend. With this we could make sure the chants are in tune and at the same pace. Hell it seems we can not even get the national anthem in tune

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:27 PM
putting the songs on the big screen isn't a bad idea.... i don't get the facepalm.

if they're getting their chants out that way, then they're resourceful. we just use our screen to give out the numbers for the 50/50

I would do this for an Anthem... when if we ever decide on one...

Legend TFC is the closest to an anthem that we have.

All the other chants... well we switch up on them rather quickly so it would almost be counter productive... and maybe impossible to have them on queue with us...

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Our biggest problem is lack of coordination as we have a bunch of different chants going on at the same time.

As much as most people will hate me for this but what is required is capos across the whole southend. With this we could make sure the chants are in tune and at the same pace. Hell it seems we can not even get the national anthem in tune

What stadiums in the world have 8 capos? The most I've seen is 2-3 and they are close together.

If people don't want to be a part of this they will chant what ever stupid drunken chant they want... that's where the problem is... it goes back to Roogsy's point.

prizby
08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
we need a big capo stand in the middle of 115 directing the whole south side!

like they have in europe!

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
You want a solution:

1. Give us first rights and control to a section to the permanent North Stand seating. RPB and friends of RPB (those who don't want to be membes but contribute almost as much if not more than some members).

2. Close the gap between 111 & 112 and give us the rights to have our RPB members and friends move in there from other parts of the stadium.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:35 PM

Rudi tried to get 114&115 on point with a capo stand there... it was the right idea... but it failed. The truth is that 111 is a much more participating supporters section. When 111 (and to some degree 110) is loud we are on top of our game...

Jeff s
08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
lol man everyone here is so pessimist.

Am I the only one here who thinks we've had a lot of loud games this season? I honestly think its our best tbh.

I rather have the fans decide wat to chant, at what time etc. Not have the club put up a random one...Thats what one of the things I loved by going to BMO, cause I was getting away from that shit at the ACC, why do I wanna bring that here? lol. Just seems to commercial.

If people are 50/50 on our chants theres something wrong. Our chants are not complicated at all. Its because they feel "awkward" for some reason.

Also would be nice if that capos dont take such long breaks, sometimes they start one chant than just stay quiet for the next 5 mins...

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
When 111 joins in...nobody in MLS can match it. It's a good 600 people involved. Take a look at the Massive. Sounds incredible.

The problem is other than the Massive, 111 is barely interested in joining in.

As for a capo/stand anywhere between 115 to 119...forget it. When the 112 stand was temporarily put in 117 and somebody tried to get things going...he was ignored. Before anyone can even think about a capo in these sections, people's attitudes have to change. If they don't change, it's their choice, but then don't expect a unified effort. Who knows? Maybe people don't want that atmosphere? It's not for everyone.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I vote for ending the inferiority complex we have with Seattle.

They have a stadium with a larger capacity, and which was built for better acoustics than ours (for starters, it has a roof). They appear to have great support. So do we.

I can't help but wonder if supporter's groups in Europe spend this much time comparing themselves to other supporters.

We should do the smart thing, which is to learn from the things Seattle does well (putting songs up on the video screen is a good way to get casuals more involved), focus on making ourselves better, and stop focusing on how loud or "good" we are compared to Seattle.

A lot of people have latched on to this idea that they pump in chants over the PA at Qwest, which we both can't prove at all, and which has been directly disputed here by a friendly ECS guy mutiple times. And it ignores the relevant point, which is: WHO CARES? Their gameday atmosphere is good, and it makes the league look better. What does stuff like this have to do with us? Do we really need to come up with reasons to feel better about our own support?

- Scott

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
lol man everyone here is so pessimist.

Am I the only one here who thinks we've had a lot of loud games this season? I honestly think its our best tbh.

I rather have the fans decide wat to chant, at what time etc. Not have the club put up a random one...Thats what one of the things I loved by going to BMO, cause I was getting away from that shit at the ACC, why do I wanna bring that here? lol. Just seems to commercial.

If people are 50/50 on our chants theres something wrong. Our chants are not complicated at all. Its because they feel "awkward" for some reason.

Also would be nice if that capos dont take such long breaks, sometimes they start one chant than just stay quiet for the next 5 mins...

Capos are not there to start chants. They are there to organize. Maybe light a fire under the supporters if it gets too quiet. But they aren't there to be a conductor and/or DJ and have a playlist.

And unless you've capo'd...you don't know what it's like. It's a hard job. You're on 90 minutes a game. And during a hot game like last weekend, it's physically draining.

Whoop
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Agree with this point.

Again... usually happens when we're winning... and during night games.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Capos are not there to start chants. They are there to organize. Maybe light a fire under the supporters if it gets too quiet. But they aren't there to be a conductor and/or DJ and have a playlist.

And unless you've capo'd...you don't know what it's like. It's a hard job. You're on 90 minutes a game. And during a hot game like last weekend, it's physically draining.

Remind me to thank Boris LOL... and man how did you survive?!? We need a CocaCola Mist Machine in 112

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:47 PM
When 111 joins in...nobody in MLS can match it. It's a good 600 people involved. Take a look at the Massive. Sounds incredible.

The problem is other than the Massive, 111 is barely interested in joining in.

As for a capo/stand anywhere between 115 to 119...forget it. When the 112 stand was temporarily put in 117 and somebody tried to get things going...he was ignored. Before anyone can even think about a capo in these sections, people's attitudes have to change. If they don't change, it's their choice, but then don't expect a unified effort. Who knows? Maybe people don't want that atmosphere? It's not for everyone.

Well said... and kiddos this is coming from a man with experience!

Nodoubtguy
08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Can I be honest here??

The thing is that you guys are assuming that everyone in the south supporters sections wants to be a vocal supporter like you guys do. I'm in 115 and I'm happy there because I don't have to constantly be involved in a song, in fact most games I don't sing a single thing......and I like it that way. I like to go to the game, watch, talk with people around me and wouldn't change a thing.

Obviously when I get a ticket in 112, I know its a different animal and I go 100% for the game, but that can't be expected of everyone right now. Obviously the answer would be to to move supporters that want a solid, vocal section to the North end and give the SG's control over who gets in and who stays in.

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I vote for ending the inferiority complex we have with Seattle.

They have a stadium with a larger capacity, and which was built for better acoustics than ours (for starters, it has a roof). They appear to have great support. So do we.

I can't help but wonder if supporter's groups in Europe spend this much time comparing themselves to other supporters.

I gotta agree. No need to be so insecure.

We are among the best in the league. That should be enough to satisfy our egos. However, maybe looking to other groups can help us strive for more and better.

Seattle benefits from a couple of things we don't have that make a big difference. An enclosed stadium and Supporters only sections.

If we had that...I don't think any group in the league could compare to us. We have 500 members of RPB alone that could make up a section that would rival any in the league. Add to that the other major groups, NEE and Usector plus the smaller groups in the stadium...and I would say you likely have 1000 members of supporters groups that would love nothing more than to contribute to the atmosphere.

When you look in our sections and you see 50% participating and 50% standing there with their arms crossed...you realize where the scalper seats are. The percentages are even worse in 113. It's a little demoralizing looking over at 113 and seeing people blankly staring at the sky.

redcard
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM

instead of wanting to leave the south end perhaps the SGs need to get the entire south end on board....

with the capo near RPB/Usect no wonder you hear comments like this is not the red patch...

get a central capo that coordinates the entire south end...cause i tell you that is what will unite the south...not running away to the north...

116/115 are a great group that needs the direction of a capo...

TFClifer
08-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Unified chants... thats the key. I remember our first season vs Kansas City at home and the whole of BMO was singing the "give us a goal" song - beautiful... the one and only time - unified. "This is our house" doesn't count.

All I hear these days from RPB section is the Massive... I'm in section 105. So it appears that we only have one chant as well.

All I am saying is we need a new spark to come from somewhere before things get stale and die. I agree with Flush in regards to new sections.

Roogsy
Can I be honest here??

The thing is that you guys are assuming that everyone in the south supporters sections wants to be a vocal supporter like you guys do. I'm in 115 and I'm happy there because I don't have to constantly be involved in a song, in fact most games I don't sing a single thing......and I like it that way. I like to go to the game, watch, talk with people around me and wouldn't change a thing.

Obviously when I get a ticket in 112, I know its a different animal and I go 100% for the game, but that can't be expected of everyone right now. Obviously the answer would be to to move supporters that want a solid, vocal section to the North end and give the SG's control over who gets in and who stays in.

That's why in my post I said that it may not be for everyone. There is nothing wrong with people who go to the game and simply enjoy it, have a beer, chat with the guy beside you etc.

However, what I hope the front office realizes is that you can't mix these crowds with supporters that need vocal colleagues around them. To separate the quiet crowd from the noisy one, you make everyone happy. The quiet crowd isn't getting pressured to participate and the noisy crowd are among like-minded people.

Hopefully, if there ever is expansion someday, the FO will give supporters a section to control and therefore anyone who enters that section knows what is expected. Anyone who goes in there could never have reason to complain that they did not want to sing. Want in? You gotta join in.

Those sections would be the envy of MLS. I guarantee it. Roof or not, nothing would compare.

Jeff s

There not? I was under the impression they were. I've always seen capos start chants. Not being sarcastic or anything, but I really do think they have some job at starting chants.

I still remember that one game when Deniz capod. He started the chants and did it with energy, it got the whole crowd going. Thats how you do it imo.

meh im gonna end it here, this convo will never end.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Can I be honest here??

and this is what we've been talking about... its not for everyone...

Nodoubtguy
08-20-2009, 10:54 PM
That's why in my post I said that it may not be for everyone. There is nothing wrong with people who go to the game and simply enjoy it, have a beer, chat with the guy beside you etc.

However, what I hope the front office realizes is that you can't mix these crowds with supporters that need vocal colleagues around them. To separate the quiet crowd from the noisy one, you make everyone happy. The quiet crowd isn't getting pressured to participate and the noisy crowd are among like-minded people.

Hopefully, if there ever is expansion someday, the FO will give supporters a section to control and therefore anyone who enters that section knows what is expected. Anyone who goes in there could never have reason to complain that they did not want to sing. Want in? You gotta join in.

Those sections would be the envy of MLS. I guarantee it. Roof or not, nothing would compare.

For sure.....it's just that I've seen posts in here about capo stands at 115 to control the entire south end.....I don't ever see that working well.

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Unified chants... thats the key. I remember our first season vs Kansas City at home and the whole of BMO was singing the "give us a goal" song - beautiful... the one and only time - unified. "This is our house" doesn't count.

All I hear these days from RPB section is the Massive... I'm in section 105. So it appears that we only have one chant as well.

All I am saying is we need a new spark to come from somewhere before things get stale and die. I agree with Flush in regards to new sections.

You only hear the Massive because it's the loudest one. However, if you look over you would see that 112 hardly ever stops singing and it pretty much goes 90 minutes a game. But sometimes, that is simply the first 8 rows and the back 5 that keep things going.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
As soon as it has been confirmed by MLSE that there is going to be a permanent stand at the north end, I think RPB as an organization should be pressing extremely hard to make it supporter's only - including getting another meeting with the FO to discuss it.

- Scott

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM

That's probably because all of 111 is on point with this... which again proves that 111 holds the key... when that section and 110 are on point... the place is roaring...

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Here is an idea. Since the north end idea keeps getting floated around but creates a lot of complications...what are the chances that they will ever "fill" the gaping hole between 111 and 112? Fill that with RPBs and the south east corner would improve tenfold.

Nodoubtguy
08-20-2009, 10:57 PM
on an aside, if they did move the SG's to the North, I'd be very sad as I like looking to my right and seeing you guys give 110% every game......The North is very far away from 115 :(

FluSH
08-20-2009, 10:57 PM
As soon as it has been confirmed by MLSE that there is going to be a permanent stand at the north end, I think RPB as an organization should be pressing extremely hard to make it supporter's only - including getting another meeting with the FO to discuss it.

- Scott

I hope this as well... we need to present a valid case outlining the pros and cons... and make sure that this is a win-win situation for all of us. My biggest worry would be that these permanent stands need to be reinforced because of the excessive jumping that we do. It could be a catastrophe of our own success lol

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Here is an idea. Since the north end idea keeps getting floated around but creates a lot of complications...what are the chances that they will ever "fill" the gaping hole between 111 and 112? Fill that with RPBs and the south east corner would improve tenfold.

I believe someone at MLSE - maybe it was even Paul B on this forum - explained why it was logistically impossible to fill in any of the corners a while ago. And from what I remember, the explanations made sense.

- Scott

Nodoubtguy
08-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I believe someone at MLSE - maybe it was even Paul B on this forum - explained why it was logistically impossible to fill in any of the corners a while ago. And from what I remember, the explanations made sense.

- Scott

I remember someone talking about ambulance access, but not sure if that was the gap between 111/112.....with that being said, it's not like they keep that area clear for emergency access or anything.

Roogsy
I would do this for an Anthem... when if we ever decide on one...

All the other chants... well we switch up on them rather quickly so it would almost be counter productive... and maybe impossible to have them on queue with us...

I think this offseason we should make it a goal to get RPB to sing it. Yeah nobody else at the moment wants to...but that would change, much like it has changed with the Bounce, if people see what a great song it is to sing.

FluSH
on an aside, if they did move the SG's to the North, I'd be very sad as I like looking to my right and seeing you guys give 110% every game......The North is very far away from 115 :(

LOL

You know what I love about the North? The Jumbotron is there... as a capo that is gold!

right now I rely solely on werewolf to keep me up to speed with what's going on in-game... resulting in untimely chants every now and then... it's not perfect. Having a Jumbo screen in front of me would eliminate that as you would know when to stop a chant and start one... or alternatively when one chant is more appropiate than an other...

FluSH
08-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I think this offseason we should make it a goal to get RPB to sing it. Yeah nobody else at the moment wants to...but that would change, much like it has changed with the Bounce, if people see what a great song it is to sing.

I concur

FluSH
08-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I remember someone talking about ambulance access, but not sure if that was the gap between 111/112.....with that being said, it's not like they keep that area clear for emergency access or anything.

It's ok... I have my 1st aid certificate guys... no need for an ambulance! :D

Nodoubtguy
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Legend TFC = Gold!!!!

and Flush, the thing about the Jumbotron.....that's something I've never thought about. I know you guys (Capo's) miss alot of the game so that would make your gameday better.

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 11:04 PM

- Scott

Hmmm...I vaguely remember that.

But that point is most important. That area is currently filled with storage, fridges, boxes full of beverages and bins etc. There isn't any access of any sort there. But I suppose it's a "practical" vs a "theory" issue.

Too bad. :(

flatpicker
08-20-2009, 11:04 PM
NORTH :drum:

Nodoubtguy
08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
cough*food service for the sideline tables*cough

FluSH
08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
instead of wanting to leave the south end perhaps the SGs need to get the entire south end on board....

with the capo near RPB/Usect no wonder you hear comments like this is not the red patch...

get a central capo that coordinates the entire south end...cause i tell you that is what will unite the south...not running away to the north...

116/115 are a great group that needs the direction of a capo...

Uniting the South will never happen... we need to get this out of our minds. There are people who don't want to be involved... and that is a fact. Zack from Usec was getting pennies thrown at him last season!!! from top of 113!!!! (this has now stopped) but Things get more hostile the deeper you go west... God forbid something gets thrown at me... This is a battle that we don't need... We are not here to be crusaders and convert people. We have enough members around the stadium to influence the crowd... no need to try to convert people that don't want to participate.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Legend TFC = Gold!!!!

and Flush, the thing about the Jumbotron.....that's something I've never thought about. I know you guys (Capo's) miss alot of the game so that would make your gameday better.

Not only our game day better... but the chants will be better and more appropiate... 99% of the time...

TFC Via Buffalo
08-20-2009, 11:28 PM
The away games make it obvious. I've been to KC, Columbus, and NE this year. Those games, we had epic support because everyone was in one section and unified.

There's only so much some other people can do in other spots of the stadium. Sparta doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work he puts in at the top of 110. Yet, when it boils down, about maybe 8 total people are singing from up and around there. I sit a row back and 4 seats from him. I leave the game with no voice. That's what I want to do, but there is nobody around who wants to really share. The guys around me are fantastic people who I've come to know quite well in just my first year in that section, but they take in the game the same way Nodoubtguy does at times. And I have ZERO problem with that. I just wish there was that option for us to be in one spot, all together, and just going balls out.

Roogsy
08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Uniting the South will never happen... we need to get this out of our minds. There are people who don't want to be involved... and that is a fact. Zack from Usec was getting pennies thrown at him last season!!! from top of 113!!!! (this has now stopped) but Things get more hostile the deeper you go west... God forbid something gets thrown at me... This is a battle that we don't need... We are not here to be crusaders and convert people. We have enough members around the stadium to influence the crowd... no need to try to convert people that don't want to participate.

Exactly. Have people not been reading these threads? It's obvious there are people who do not want to join what others are doing and want to do their own thing. That's fine! But that ensures the south will never be united. A capo stand at 115 is a non-starter. It's like giving a bullhorn to a def person.

But as a group, we'd very much like to see the day where those of us that are like-minded can show the rest of the stadium what a united supporters section can bring. And that is the best supporters section in MLS. I am not going to spend my time trying to convince people to join and that joining in does not make the "Red Patch Boys", I would rather spend my energy joining other Red Patch Boys in doing what we do best.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-21-2009, 12:07 AM

How true it is.

The new north end section that will come into place next season.....has to be given to the supporter clubs of toronto fc......I know this has been touched on before...but if we as a supporters want to have a supporter section at the level of SEATTLE......and the soon to be PHILLY SUPPORTERS.....we need to get this northend(RPB USEC)......dump the seats we all have scatterd throughout BMO.....AND JOIN FORCES IN THE NORTH!!!...If not we will never be at this level!

R

Darlofletch
08-21-2009, 12:08 AM
A supporters group controlled north stand really makes sense as to how to increase the atmosphere and keep different types of supporter happy.

In that section you'd have the uber committed, capo co-ordinated, sing and bounce all game no matter what's happening and then watch the game when they get back home types. Give them a roof, it'd be great.

I'd suggest leave the south end as is, with cheap seats and still designated as a supporter section. that way, people who prefer to watch the game and sing and chant now and then depending on the game situation, can still do that as they see fit. Also the get drunk and be loud and obnoxious in their own special way, rather than in a co-ordinated fashion, types can stay there as well. Make sure standing is still allowed there so there's no problems, and the scalpers can still have their "crazy section" tickets to sell.

leave the east and west stands as they are for people who want to be able to sit and watch the game, and occasionally sing along from their seat.

Atmosphere improved, fewer complaints from people stuck in a section that doesn't suit them, more money for mlse, everyone's a winner.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Exactly... let the douchebags and those who wanted cheap tickets to be together... open up the North Stands and let all of our RPB members and Friends of RPB come together...

When we first started... RPB was what? maybe 20 people maximum... We've out grown our trousers... open up the NORTH! Give us control (no scalper seats, no cheap tix... only supporters) and you will Toronto as the best supporters in the league once again.

Should'nt RPB(PREZ JACK) approaching the team on this....is this in the works?? Season seat renewls are around the corner......it has to be done now before its to late!

prizby
08-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Rudi tried to get 114&115 on point with a capo stand there... it was the right idea... but it failed. The truth is that 111 is a much more participating supporters section. When 111 (and to some degree 110) is loud we are on top of our game...

what we really need right now is a roof so the sound stays in the stadium and more useful!

prizby
08-21-2009, 12:18 AM

same with the drummer :p

i think we need some more drums...we need a deafening :drum:

prizby
08-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Should'nt RPB(PREZ JACK) approaching the team on this....is this in the works?? Season seat renewls are around the corner......it has to be done now before its to late!

i am sure something along this lines has at least been put forth to the FO if not in dicussions..surely something you won't find admitted on a public board though

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-21-2009, 12:23 AM
we are to spread out....there are to many casuals in between....Surrender your tickets...and move to the north END STAND!! its our only HOPE! :)

NOw will someone call MLSINTORONTO and gets this done! :)

Bender
08-21-2009, 12:27 AM
well if you want my opinion, i've never been to a game as i'm always in London or Northern Ontario, but it seems there is a problem with synchronization... if everyone would get in sync, it would be a lot louder in there.

prizby
08-21-2009, 01:39 AM
^that is certainly a bit of the problem

Rudi
08-21-2009, 01:57 AM
The capo stand that ended up in 117 the first game was always meant to for you guys in 112. Actually that's not entirely true, when I asked for the second stand I requested it in front of 111, near enough to the original capo stand to still co-ordinate, but providing more "coverage" of the entire corner as a whole.

That plan was foiled by the presence of the sideline tables, but all along it was meant for RPB.

The first home game it was moved from 112 to 117 so CBC could put its boom camera in that corner, and two weeks later it finally found its way back to where it was originally placed before the season started.

What a fuckin disaster it was when it was in 117, one of our guys in that section jumped in to try to make it work and was met with blank stares and even some hostility.

The capo stand really is in the best place it could be. Both of them, really. You guys have rocked that stand, and the corner is far more co-ordinated than ever.

When you look in our sections and you see 50% participating and 50% standing there with their arms crossed...you realize where the scalper seats are. The percentages are even worse in 113. It's a little demoralizing looking over at 113 and seeing people blankly staring at the sky.
Oh God, it's embarrassing at times.

It's gotten worse as people who should be at the back of 113 who want to participate are jamming into the very front of the section, to the point where the first three or four rows of 113 are four people deep. It gets very cozy in those rows. LOL.

I honestly think that if 113 were not as wide as it is, we could deal with this problem better. Looking at 112, the narrowness actually helps push the non-participating people to the back, or at least far higher up than we can get them to go.

With the scalper situation being what it is, I really couldn't figure out how to fix this. This obviously affects us more than you guys, but I still see it as a joint problem as we're trying to achieve a common goal.

Both groups have tons of affiliated people scattered around the stadium - or not at the stadium at all - who would kill to fill the top of 112 and the middle of 113 with passionate support rather than day-trippers. Someting needs to be done.

onemanbarmyarmy
08-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Personally, I've been a "Crammer" in 112 before and enjoyed it but never again as RPB are either unwilling or unable to police their own section therefore allowing hooliganism to be an everpresent part of the 112 experience. If there was a way for me to get the equivilent seats to what I have now in the north stands I would think about it but only if the unsavory lot that enjoy threatening, assaulting and bullying fellow "vocal" supporters were kept out. By the way they can't close the gap between 111 and 112 because structurally the two sections pitch at different angles and cannot be married up in any sensible way.

FluSH
08-21-2009, 05:50 AM
I honestly think that if 113 were not as wide as it is, we could deal with this problem better. Looking at 112, the narrowness actually helps push the non-participating people to the back, or at least far higher up than we can get them to go.

I totally agree with the narrowness or funnel effect. Columbus, since moved to the Nordecke in that corner, has increased their supporters section dramatically. It's a lot harder to spread chants on a wide section... you realy need everyone in there to be fully committed to do so and then some.

FluSH
08-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Personally, I've been a "Crammer" in 112 before and enjoyed it but never again as RPB are either unwilling or unable to police their own section therefore allowing hooliganism to be an everpresent part of the 112 experience. If there was a way for me to get the equivilent seats to what I have now in the north stands I would think about it but only if the unsavory lot that enjoy threatening, assaulting and bullying fellow "vocal" supporters were kept out. By the way they can't close the gap between 111 and 112 because structurally the two sections pitch at different angles and cannot be married up in any sensible way.

Well I would think that if we controlled our own section... I mean truly control it... you would not see these incidents. If you are talking about that one dude that keeps going nuts on everyone that is the only thorn in 112... Apperantly it has been dealt with... however there are three solutions:

1) He seriously stops doing what he is doing
2) We alert security to kick this guy out cause I don't remember him there in season 1 or season 2
3) An all out beatdown happens in 112. (which is the last thing we want... and provides proof that we need control of our section and not let scalper seats ruin our experience)

London
08-21-2009, 06:03 AM
^^^^^^it is not exactly RPB country up in the top of 112 either, i sit in row 6 and if i see aNYTHING GO DOWN around me, YOU BETTER believe that i will deal with it in some way.

Pookie
08-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Getting the whole stadium involved is going to be a challenge but I think that the "problem" can be addressed and we can improve overall participation quite effectively. It's a no-brainer to suggest we need coordination and capos. Here are some additional suggestions:

Knowing the chants
Get the big 3 Supporter's Groups together with the Bands and duplicate the RPB Songs and Chants CD. Have a revenue share agreement with the FO and when people renew their season's or partial packs, they get a CD. Of course, the cost of this CD is buried into the renewal price and distributed to all parties.

Ambitious? Yes but people talk about "atmosphere" all the time. This would be both popular and functional.

Move the Tribe
Hats off to Tribal Rythym Nation for playing all game. They support the team and do so in their own way.

At the same time, there is a reason that 117-119 is essentially a dead zone and I think it is partially influenced by TRN. If you are near the drums (or within wind distance of the drums) you have competing sounds. You likely can't follow what's going on in other parts of the stadium and eventually give up.

To me, it's like trying to remember a phone number and having someone shout out random numbers while you are rehearsing it in your head.

I'd offer 2 suggestions. If this new North Stand is NOT to be a supporters section, make sure that you make space for TRN in the north east corner... very near the visiting supporters section in 104.

Or give them a place atop the 200 section.

Go on a Membership Drive
Controversial but if you want a section to participate, it helps to have members in that section. We sit all over the stadium, maybe we need to be a little more proactive about introducing people to what we have

Supporters Need to Grab Some Stones
If it is true that we are all over the stadium, why are we all so quiet?

It's easy to join in a chant when the guy next to you is bellowing it out. Many want to sit in 112 for that reason.

How many times have you started in on something and realized you were the only one doing it? What happens next? Do you continue or do you keep it quiet?

Perhaps, if each one of us parked self consciousness at the door and recognized that Simon Cowell isn't going to critique our singing we'd continue. By continuing, you become the "guy bellowing it out" and make it easier for someone who is more self conscious to make an effort.

In the end, we have the most amount of control over the atmopshere by our individual actions.

Jay P
08-21-2009, 07:11 AM
my seats are row 9 in 113 and i would say the guys in the immediate area of me in row 9-10 do follow teh chants led by the capos..... it is a dead section b/w u sector and us and even behind us though....

Flipityflu
08-21-2009, 08:15 AM
You want a solution:

1. Give us first rights and control to a section to the permanent North Stand seating. RPB and friends of RPB (those who don't want to be membes but contribute almost as much if not more than some members).

2. Close the gap between 111 & 112 and give us the rights to have our RPB members and friends move in there from other parts of the stadium.

in the past i've been a little concerned about supporter groups having control of season ticket seats, but i think i've come around on this now with the opening of the North Stand. i hope those in charge really consider this.

clc12
08-21-2009, 08:16 AM
same with the drummer :p

i think we need some more drums...we need a deafening :drum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcctRVEnHm8&feature=channel_page

i totally agree with you. there is a lack of drums. the drums and good drumming can make a regular chant become an awesome chant.

when i see this video i think of section 112 and what it can become. at 2:16 the boca fans change their chant. the chant is just a basic chant but with the drum beat it makes it more powerful. even at 0:54 they stop the drum beat and raise their drums which also adds to the intensity of the chant.

i would love to see this kind of intensity at bmo. we would be untouchable in the mls.

brad
08-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Supporters Need to Grab Some Stones
If it is true that we are all over the stadium, why are we all so quiet?

It's because we are scattered all over the place, and surrounded by people that don't want to make noise. We have a handful of people that try and get stuff going, but the rest of our section looks at us like we are a sideshow. These people will never join in IMHO. They won't even do the TFC-clap-clap-clap.

Plus, we've lost a large number of vocal people out of our section to the beer gardens this year due to security issues which has hurt things.

How many times have you started in on something and realized you were the only one doing it? What happens next? Do you continue or do you keep it quiet?Keep going. It doesn't matter when the rest of the people around you don't care. This has been my experience in nearly 3 years of being one of the people trying to get things going in my section.

We still try every game, but it's a lost battle.

PureTFC
08-21-2009, 09:17 AM
This Seattle envy makes me feel sick. Put more mics in front of our supporters and we'd sound just as or louder. BMO acoustics on a nice windy day are poop. If you hear us on TV we are putting 10x the effort into it.

What a fuckin disaster it was when it was in 117, one of our guys in that section jumped in to try to make it work and was met with blank stares and even some hostility.

You've already mentioned that the capo stand wasn't suppose to be there in the first place. So when no one has been informed of it's presence and there is no planning with regards to its use, does it suprise you it turned into a disaster? The stands are a great idea but with a lack of commuinication and coordination how can we expect it to work.

Roogsy I completely agree the west side of the southend knows only two chants at best. I sit in 117 and I want to punch most of them.

This maybe true in 117. I know that this isn't the case in all sections. Maybe if someone actually made all the songs available to the rest of the folks in your section they might know them.

Move the Tribe
Hats off to Tribal Rythym Nation for playing all game. They support the team and do so in their own way.

At the same time, there is a reason that 117-119 is essentially a dead zone and I think it is partially influenced by TRN. If you are near the drums (or within wind distance of the drums) you have competing sounds. You likely can't follow what's going on in other parts of the stadium and eventually give up.

I must say TRN has been 100% better this year on when and what they are playing. They have been banging a beat for a number of chants too. They also fill in the void when there are lulls in the action. I can't complain about them this season.

If peoples solutions are to call other supporters douchebags and then abandon the southend for a temp north stand you'll never get past this basic discussion. Moving to the north for more atmosphere is a bad idea and that was mentioned in a previous post.

As for people who bitch and complain that where they are isn't the same as 112 or a couple of other spots, you now have a mission to spread the TFC love. Stop waiting for others to do shit. You aren't bloody sheep.

canadian_bhoy
08-21-2009, 09:20 AM
1) RPB should never leave 112
2) SG's controlling the section is a horrible idea
3) Atmosphere has been up and down this year. Conclusion? Fans can't manufacture atmosphere, the product on the field needs to be inspiring
4) While capo's have helped organize, they have also limited the spontenaity of chants...people just wait to hear what's coming next - that's a shame
5) We need songs - the chants we have are the same as every other SG in MLS...it all sounds the same and is getting boring for even a lot of the die hards let alone the rest of the fans. (TFC Bounce, Massive, Oh When the Reds, seem to be the only chants that people even get excited about anymore).
6) We are wasting opportunities on road trips to create new chants. Having a capo on the road leads to the group going with the same old repetoire. My experience with other clubs is that the travelling bus, pub and away match are where the new chants start and where the best ones come from.

7) Chill the F out. Seattle is great (obviously) so are we! Stop being so concerned about what other people are doing and be happy with the amazing things we have done here. Get the chips off your shoulders and work with all the supporters to boost the atmosphere. The more and more people talk about "our section" and "the real fans" etc, the more you will isolate the rest of the fan base (no wonder they don't want a capo in 117). Join in all together with the rest of the fans or the groups will be reduced to an isolated cheerleading sideshow.

prizby
08-21-2009, 09:40 AM

how can it be our own section when we can't control who goes there

bit of a harsh word...anyone who has been there knows there a bunch of nice people

prizby
08-21-2009, 09:45 AM
7) Chill the F out. Seattle is great (obviously) so are we! Stop being so concerned about what other people are doing and be happy with the amazing things we have done here. Get the chips off your shoulders and work with all the supporters to boost the atmosphere. The more and more people talk about "our section" and "the real fans" etc, the more you will isolate the rest of the fan base (no wonder they don't want a capo in 117). Join in all together with the rest of the fans or the groups will be reduced to an isolated cheerleading sideshow.

some of us like the idea of BEING THE BEST

clc12
08-21-2009, 09:51 AM
3) Atmosphere has been up and down this year. Conclusion? Fans can't manufacture atmosphere, the product on the field needs to be inspiring
4) While capo's have helped organize, they have also limited the spontenaity of chants...people just wait to hear what's coming next - that's a shame
5) We need songs - the chants we have are the same as every other SG in MLS...it all sounds the same and is getting boring for even a lot of the die hards let alone the rest of the fans. (TFC Bounce, Massive, Oh When the Reds, seem to be the only chants that people even get excited about anymore).
6) We are wasting opportunities on road trips to create new chants. Having a capo on the road leads to the group going with the same old repetoire. My experience with other clubs is that the travelling bus, pub and away match are where the new chants start and where the best ones come from.

i totally agree with #5. we have to become original. there is nothing wrong with having a chant with the same beat/rhythm as other SG's. there is a problem when we have the same words and simply add Toronto. i mentioned that in a post in the songs and chants sections. just changing a couple of words in a song is like doing karoake. we gotta be original.

flatpicker
08-21-2009, 09:52 AM
fact... having so many TFC supporter group folk spread around the stadium makes it difficult to achieve our potential.

Columbus are actually starting to look impressive (but they had plenty of empty seats to coordinate getting all supporters together)

Seattle is terrific (great planning - and a big stadium - enabled the supporters to band together)
Not to mention their stadium is way better suited for acoustics.
BMO... eats acoustics for dinner.

TFC supporters need to get together.
I don't care what the method is.
It could be the eventual North End.
It could be filling in the gap between 111-112.
Or TFC FO could actually use a seat exchange programme that works.

Whatever the solution... fact is, something needs to be done.

That said, I am very happy to have competition from around the league.

MLS needs this kind of energy in the stands.
The product on the field is always going to be inferior to what is seen on tv from around the world.
So it's important to have an exciting atmosphere at games which enhances the live experience for fans.

brad
08-21-2009, 09:54 AM
some of us like the idea of BEING THE BEST

And that comes from focusing on becoming better ourselves, and not worrying about what others are doing.

flatpicker
08-21-2009, 09:55 AM

this part I certainly agree with.

myself, and others here, have made several suggestions for songs.

we need to step it up a bit if we really want to obtain something special on gameday.

Suds
08-21-2009, 09:56 AM
TFC supporters need to get together.
I don't care what the method is.
It could be the eventual North End.
It could be filling in the gap between 111-112.
Or TFC FO could actually use a seat exchange programme that works.

Seeing that this year is my first as a SSH I have not taken part in the seat exchange yet. I have seen a number of issues posted on this board speaking to how little movement or ability to move there is.

Does anyone have ideas that would make this better?

s2cazz
08-21-2009, 10:06 AM

I have to absolutely disagree on this one... you probably have season seats in 122... but what about those of us wh don't? I make it to 5 maybe 6 games a year and would love to sit in 112 but can't unless i pay an outrageous price from a scalper and then everyone looks at you like a douche bag day tripper when you get there... If RPB had control over their own section it would eliminate all of this... no one ever thinks of the guys like me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one... and anyone who knows me knows i give it my all and sing and chant and bounce no matter where I sit

That we can agree on there needs to be something to get the casual cheering... the hardcores will always cheer but something has to happen either goood or bad for the casual to get involved ( ex. stadium wide chant of Fxck the refferee @ the whitecraps game last year)

I can't agree with that one... each chant has its own purpose and time in the game all thats needed is a good capo that knows this (not to say that the capos currently aren't doing a good job) but the move to the north end would help because the capo would be able to see the game on the jumbootron and know whats going on and would no when to start the chants.

I agree totaly with this one... I watch other games and hear the same chants... we need more original stuff and as has been said before theres too much of this La La La bullshit going on and not enough actual songs... but that is a dead horse that keeps getting beaten and beaten :deadhorse:

I can't comment hear I haven't been on an "official" roadtrip yet....

Agreed fuck seattle and the rest of MLS we have our own to worry about...

just my $0.02 but i think that a move to the north end would be a much better option... and it should be supporter controlled. However (and I know the flaming will come because of this one so bring it) its need to be done by us as a group and not with the involvement of the the other SG's because we are all never on point together and unified... how many times have we been screwed over or had things changed last minute because judas sector doesn't like what we have put time and effort into planning.... take care of ourselves and fuck our neighbours... they'll be happier in tthe south end sitting anyways...

keem-o-sabi
08-21-2009, 10:09 AM
This is probably 10% of the problem...

I actually think it is part of the problem. Last home match the section was empty until before kick off. I think if the mood is set before the match it would be better. NEE were all in their corner already, but our side was not there (and it wasn't that loud, maybe it was the heat, but it wasn't the best display).

flatpicker
08-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Seeing that this year is my first as a SSH I have not taken part in the seat exchange yet. I have seen a number of issues posted on this board speaking to how little movement or ability to move there is.

Does anyone have ideas that would make this better?

yes...

pay some tech college grad to put together a simple programme where STH's can fill in an online form that asks:

- where do you currently sit?
- where would you prefer to sit?

Then, the programme (using other variables of course, like date of purchase) will match up people with other STH's who's requests match up.
It would also consider seats that are currently vacant and used as single ticket sales.

I would think that STH's would be shown their options before agreeing to the switch.

Anyway... instead of having to go down to BMO and have no idea what a thousand other people might be thinking over the next couple of days, the programme would simply match up requests for every single person interested in moving (not just the people who happen to go down to BMO the same day as you).

Obviously, there would be some people who's requests can not be accommodated if their preferred location is not available.

Make sense?

s2cazz
08-21-2009, 10:15 AM
its a catch 22 without control of our own seats... the better the atmosphere we make the more people will try to get tickets there to sell and make money off of them.... which in turn will make all our efforts in vein... the only way to stop this is controlling our own seats

Suds
08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
yes...

pay some tech college grad to put together a simple programme where STH's can fill in an online form that asks:

- where do you currently sit?
- where would you prefer to sit?

Then, the programme (using other variables of course, like date of purchase) will match up people with other STH's who's requests match up.
It would also consider seats that are currently vacant and used as single ticket sales.

I would think that STH's would be shown their options before agreeing to the switch.

Anyway... instead of having to go down to BMO and have no idea what a thousand other people might be thinking over the next couple of days, the programme would simply match up requests for every single person interested in moving (not just the people who happen to go down to BMO the same day as you).

Obviously, there would be some people who's requests can not be accommodated if their preferred location is not available.

Make sense?

That would make much more sense. Not sure what kind of database MLSE has, but a program like that can be written in no time at all.

flatpicker
08-21-2009, 10:29 AM
^ The last time my rep called me (about a friendly game or something) I mentioned this idea to her.

She seemed to think it was a good one.
I hope the right people in the FO consider it.

egoodwin
08-21-2009, 10:34 AM
The ambulance concern against linking 112/111 is bullshit.

You make the gap like a tunnel, and then start the seats 15' up or something. There are no 15' tall ambulances

Obviously to FO, ambulance is code for Argos

s2cazz
08-21-2009, 10:37 AM

You make the gap like a tunnel, and then start the seats 15' up or something. There are no 15' tall ambulances

i believe its emergency vehicles and that includes firetrucks my friend.... which may be a bit taller

ochos
08-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Organizing the new North End for the supporters groups is something that needs to be sorted out before season ticket renewal time comes around.. this needs to be dealt with NOW.

Can we freeze threads on this topic and open some dialogue with the team reps? I think I've read just about every smart comment that could have been said regarding the issue, so lets stop debating and get to action

flatpicker
08-21-2009, 12:01 PM
^ I think it's been said that a permanent North End will likely not happen for next season.
So, any kind of supporter initiative will likely happen before next years ST renewal.

crozack
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
How about getting rid of the 20 or so empty scalper tickets that are beside me in 117?

Isnt that a bigger problem in the south end?..Too many empty seats/turn over of new people not knowing a chant....hell not knowing too stand!

When our group chant(even when beer aided) i can hear my bloody voice ...its not pretty especially when everyone around you is giving you a death stare for making noise!

On a side note.....im always in my section 45 mins before the game to watch the warm-ups. I enjoy them, dont ask me why. Im usally the first guy there....what ticks me off more is all the late arrivals and especially the TribalNation usally arriving 15 mins late.....arent they a offical supporters club?

prizby
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM

funny, cuz the gates at gate 3 def aren't big enough for vehicles i thought

Whoop
08-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Yet... if it's for ambulance access why is there a bar located in the gap?

Pookie
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
No issues around ambulances and fire trucks. The ACC and hundreds of other indoor stadiums are able to get around that. You'd simply have a tunnel with seats over top.

AL-MO
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
And that comes from focusing on becoming better ourselves, and not worrying about what others are doing.

Exactly.

Parkdale
08-21-2009, 01:13 PM
side note.... I can't wait to go watch TFC in Seattle!

Parkdale
08-21-2009, 01:17 PM
oh, and check this out:

http://www.soundersfc.com/Matchday/March-to-the-Match.aspx

It seems like Seattle's management has set up a bunch of things that TFC supporters do for themselves. In the end, it all looks the same, but I like the idea that our marches are set up by supporters without any collab from the club.

AL-MO
08-21-2009, 01:24 PM
oh, and check this out:

http://www.soundersfc.com/Matchday/March-to-the-Match.aspx

It seems like Seattle's management has set up a bunch of things that TFC supporters do for themselves. In the end, it all looks the same, but I like the idea that our marches are set up by supporters without any collab from the club.

Agreed. And I think they have a 'sponsor' of the march too.... :lol:

Parkdale
08-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Agreed. And I think they have a 'sponsor' of the march too.... :lol:

it definitely seems (to me anyway) that the management behind the Sounders said to themselves "Hey, we like what's happening in Toronto. Let's make that happen here". The big difference is that what started in Toronto started because the supporters groups wanted to make it happen. Sure there are cool things like the seat cushion day, but it would be impossible to plan for something like that. In Seattle, it just seems like the FO would be willing to give out matching seat cushions with printed instructions to throw them after they score. Still.... it's way better than Columbus.

barca99
08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I think Seattle chants are easy for the crowd to catch on to because they are so simple. Let's Go Sounders for example, or the All we are saying is give us a goal. Simple, universal chants that everyone knows or can pick up after the first verse. A lot of the TFC chants and songs are pretty complicated and too many for casual fans to sing along with. Seattle fans do look into the game though, many standing for the whole game. I can't wait to see in person if it's the real deal or not.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Watching the Seattle - New England match now on GOLtv and I must say I am very impressed by the energy the fans have. In my opinion they have set the new bar.

Maybe this has been discussed before and probably with some negative comments... but have to say I am disappointed with the energy at BMO this year. Supporter sections to me don't seem to exist the way they did in previous seasons. Part of this has to do with the control BMO staff has placed on "non-supporter" sections such as where I am, IMO.

Basically seems like everyone is dead except for the few loud die hards. Think some new creative chants are in order that will get our whole house rocking again in one cohesive unit. I just got back from Europe and had the experience of a few big club matches and was blown away by the crowd support... just like it sounds in Seattle tonight.

Time to raise the bar another notch? Can we? Without the negative comments and immature remarks... RPB lead from the beginning and maybe its time to change the fuse that seems to have blown out this year.:drum:
Actually, I've found it kind of ironic... 112 has been amazing this year, so has 127, but the security crackdown on enthusiasm of any kind has killed the atmosphere in the rest of the stadium. 'Tis a problem.

AL-MO
08-21-2009, 01:45 PM
I think Seattle chants are easy for the crowd to catch on to because they are so simple. Let's Go Sounders for example, or the All we are saying is give us a goal. Simple, universal chants that everyone knows or can pick up after the first verse. A lot of the TFC chants and songs are pretty complicated and too many for casual fans to sing along with. Seattle fans do look into the game though, many standing for the whole game. I can't wait to see in person if it's the real deal or not.

I have to disagree. There isn't much difference.

tfcmanu
08-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Remind me to thank Boris LOL... and man how did you survive?!? We need a CocaCola Mist Machine in 112

I was in Sec 110 for DC game and I saw Boris I could of swore he jumped in a pool he was grabing any fluid he can get his hands on Beer, Water, Ice Cream who knows what else give him props. :drinking:

tfcmanu
08-21-2009, 02:27 PM
I must say when I go on the road with RPB I feel more united and are chants are bang on just because supporters section is big does not mean it's louder you can have a few hundred and be alot louder.

Roogsy
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I must say when I go on the road with RPB I feel more united and are chants are bang on just because supporters section is big does not mean it's louder you can have a few hundred and be alot louder.

Exactly.

Anyone who has been on a roadtrip knows what it is like to be with likeminded people. Hence the desire to see a section of supporters members only because most of us believe that is the quickest and easiest way to have that atmosphere grow from a couple of hundred on an away trip to maybe 1000 at a game? Imagine the effect.

I too would like RPB to never leave 112, but I just don't see how we will ever get rid of the scalpers and tourists. I mentioned 113 and the weak response above the first few rows...well 112 isn't as bad, but there are many rows in the section where you never see the same face twice in a season and anyone who stands there is usually just watching nothing more.

As for comparing ourselves to Seattle...again...let's not be jealous. They are enjoying the fruits of our labour but that is something for us to be proud of, not envy. The goal now is to see how things are improving and do our part to continue to get better. And pressure the FO to help in this regard.

There are aspects of our support where Seattle still doesn't even come close. Talk to me when they send 2500 supporters to a regular season game and I will start being impressed. When the FO has basically handed you the ideal environment to create atmosphere on a silver plate, like they have in Seattle, of course they are going to have an easier time of it.

Our support has been our own creation and we should be proud of it. Now let's get better.
:scarf:

AL-MO
08-21-2009, 02:53 PM

That is because road trips separate the men from the boys. You only get the hardcores. Wish I had the money to go on more.

Pookie
08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I think Seattle chants are easy for the crowd to catch on to because they are so simple.

I have to disagree. I've got 3 kids (ages 8,4 and 2). Each one knows the majority of the chants... including the Massive, Superstar and We Love You. The key is that we have a CD and iTunes and they get exposed to them.

Besides, how tough is:

Hey To-ron-tooooooooh!
Ooooh ooooh ooooooh ooooooooh;
Ooooh ooooh ooooooh ooooooooh!

?

Rudi
08-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Yet... if it's for ambulance access why is there a bar located in the gap?
Those are carts, on wheels.

They can be moved at a moment's notice.

Parkdale
08-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Those are carts, on wheels.

They can be moved at a moment's notice.

hmmmm..... let's take them!

Rudi
08-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Besides, how tough is:

Hey To-ron-tooooooooh!
Lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-loooooooooo!

?
FYP. :D

flatpicker
08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
I have to disagree. I've got 3 kids (ages 8,4 and 2). Each one knows the majority of the chants... including the Massive, Superstar and We Love You. The key is that we have a CD and iTunes and they get exposed to them.

Besides, how tough is:

Hey To-ron-tooooooooh!
Ooooh ooooh ooooooh ooooooooh;
Ooooh ooooh ooooooh ooooooooh!

?

agreed... our song/chant selection is by no means difficult.

Roadtrips have been mentioned as an example of how much better we are when we gather in a solid group of vocal individuals.

I am convinced that our lack of a highly concentrated supporters section is the biggest hurdle we have.

There are a few ways to correct this.
I don't care which method is used.
But I desperately want to have the "vocal supporters" united in one location!

Maple Leaf Red
08-21-2009, 03:01 PM

Funny. I'd say the problem is the exact opposite. Too many TFC chants are done in a rush to get a certain out and they end up being filled with la-la or allez-allez or ole-ole so that if you don't know the tune you can't join in.

I know it's probably meant to make things easier but I think it does the opposite.

Maple Leaf Red
08-21-2009, 03:04 PM
agreed... our song/chant selection is by no means difficult.

Roadtrips have been mentioned as an example of how much better we are when we gather in a solid group of vocal individuals.

I am convinced that our lack of a highly concentrated supporters section is the biggest hurdle we have.

There are a few ways to correct this.
I don't care which method is used.
But I desperately want to have the "vocal supporters" united in one location!

I just hope that the FO doesn't screw things up while trying to do it. People that bought tickets the earliest that want to get into a dedicated supporters stand should get first crack at it (exchange only not for more seats) and scalpers should be banned regardless of when they got their tickets.

Sparta
08-21-2009, 04:12 PM
The away games make it obvious. I've been to KC, Columbus, and NE this year. Those games, we had epic support because everyone was in one section and unified.

There's only so much some other people can do in other spots of the stadium. Sparta doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work he puts in at the top of 110. Yet, when it boils down, about maybe 8 total people are singing from up and around there. I sit a row back and 4 seats from him. I leave the game with no voice. That's what I want to do, but there is nobody around who wants to really share. The guys around me are fantastic people who I've come to know quite well in just my first year in that section, but they take in the game the same way Nodoubtguy does at times. And I have ZERO problem with that. I just wish there was that option for us to be in one spot, all together, and just going balls out.

Guy i agree with you -- i just dont see the unification in 110 the last couple of games -- either cause there are a lot of new faces or people just dont feel like chanting -- ill tell you this -- last game was killer hot in the getup, and it is tiring and frustrating when you try hard and cant even get a chant to continue for 2 cycles

In general i think we Supporters face numerous problems:

(1) personally i dont think the north end will be exclusive to supporters first -- by the way they are restricing us with security now, HA, good luck -- they want to keep us separated and give us zero power

(2) by adding songs every week aint going to help the cause -- i understand about keeping if fresh BUT people cant even remember (TFC, clap clap clap) or make it last for 1 minute. Concentrate on 2 fresh songs for like 3 games and master them

(3) Boy was i lost when those flip charts werent there -- i guess werewolf wasnt there last game -- for me and anyone that cared to put in any effort at knowing what those numbers were, then they were probably lost as well -- personally those flip charts help me

(4) FREELANCERS --- holy F*** ---- please stop with the "Oh when the reds" -- at the beginning of the game it coming from every direction -- horrible and sounds like shit --- and dont use it in the middle of the game when the opposing team have the ball

(5) people arent committed to learning the chants -- period -- and if your going to disagree -- then your the 10% that spend time and learn them -- but the other 90% probably hummm and wait for the clap clap chants

Sparta
08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
WE NEED CHANT SESSIONS AT THE TAILGATE -- yes we tried and it was horrible the last time -- well hell, if your tailgating, that means that your RPB or with someone that is RPB -- SO KNOW THE CHANTS AND CHANT -- last chant session there were roughly 50 people at the tailgate several months ago -- 8 were singing -- keyman, flush, me, jack and other guys that i probably dont remember there names (sry) -- it was pretty bad that it was shut down early

HOW ABOUT A MARCH -- keep it going -- that way we get all supporters to the game early -- and we start it at the GO -- end at gate 3 -- chant a bit -- enter stadium and disspurse

I know around 20 different chants -- but i cant start them cause not everyone knows them ---YET THEY ARE ALL WRITTEN DOWN IN THE CHANT FORUM -- WORD FOR WORD -- but yet not all are done or are getting any participation

Sparta
08-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Lets not tackle problems that we have no control over --- fuck the north end -- the RPB executives will probably push for this -- they will do there job in getting the best for all RPB -- so let it be and focus on what we can do today

So lets all think hard -- and find ways to get on board

(1) uniting the south WILL NOT HAPPEN -- not atleast now by the sounds of it -- personally we start from 112, 111, 110

(2) we need 111 and hopefully will trickly to 110 -- why? cause like it was stated earlier -- 111 or 110 have like 800 - 900 people in them -- more powerful then 114 or 115 (thats if ALL 111 and 110 participate)

(3) Capos???????????? well - either repositioning or adding one more is needed -- we have none where the big numbers are

(4) Know the chants -- keep the ones we have -- the allez allez ones work -- we can eliminate certain ones at season ends - but we cant just stop them -- people dont know the difficult ones, so then there will be no chanting at all
any other thoughts-

Rudi
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
(3) Capos???????????? well - either repositioning or adding one more is needed -- we have none where the big numbers are
I thought I already addressed that.

A capo stand in front of any of the east sections is not happening, due to the presence of sideline tables.

Whoop
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
^^
Rudi I know they're on wheels... but I just found it funny.

Sparta
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I thought I already addressed that.

A capo stand in front of any of the east sections is not happening, due to the presence of sideline tables.

Dont really need a stand -- just someone between to comunnicate or standing on seat co-ordinating with 112

No stand -- just presence

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
I hate to say it but even HSH r doing better then us as well

Bars92
08-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Seattle aint shit.

dix6
08-22-2009, 02:21 AM
[quote=FluSH;679746]I would do this for an Anthem... when if we ever decide on one...

All the other chants... well we switch up on them rather quickly so it would almost be counter productive... and maybe impossible to have them on queue with us...[/quote

Flush is right by saying there is a very quick turnover on the chants, maybe too quick.. Someone is trying to start a song every second of the game. If there were designated songs for designated minutes(ie. dichio @24min) more people in other sections will know what to sing and when

Cambridge_Red
08-22-2009, 03:19 AM
WE NEED CHANT SESSIONS AT THE TAILGATE -- yes we tried and it was horrible the last time -- well hell, if your tailgating, that means that your RPB or with someone that is RPB -- SO KNOW THE CHANTS AND CHANT -- last chant session there were roughly 50 people at the tailgate several months ago -- 8 were singing -- keyman, flush, me, jack and other guys that i probably dont remember there names (sry) -- it was pretty bad that it was shut down early

HOW ABOUT A MARCH -- keep it going -- that way we get all supporters to the game early -- and we start it at the GO -- end at gate 3 -- chant a bit -- enter stadium and disspurse

I know around 20 different chants -- but i cant start them cause not everyone knows them ---YET THEY ARE ALL WRITTEN DOWN IN THE CHANT FORUM -- WORD FOR WORD -- but yet not all are done or are getting any participation

Depends where you sit/stand :D

The Horto is alive and well...

FluSH
08-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Depends where you sit/stand :D

The Horto is alive and well...

I love the Horto... but it seems only NEE can pull this off... that and the fact that 2-3 other teams in the MLS already do it... It's like we are playing catch up to the very dilemma that is driving us nuts... the fact that we all have the same youtube chants in the MLS. I can't stand this... and if Portland ever gets in the MLS... we will be put to shame... people talk about Seatle... The PTA is 10 times better than Seatle.

For the last few games:

LEGEND TFC...

We have never attempted to do this from the core of 112... last game someone at the top mid section started it and it went well...

zacRWE
08-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I think were doing pretty well to be honest. Of course there are some things to work on, but for the most part you can't say we arnt as passionate as any other MLS side. DC, Chicago, Houston and us run the show.
Seattle however seems to be givin' everything from the club. I would hate that if I was a Sounder supporter. That's why I'm so proud of us, and what we have achieved so far. We are much more united then before - pullING off stadium wide Massives for example.
I'd love to get rid of that dead zone in 113. It's crazy, everytime I look up into that section to try and get people going it's new faces. Of course there are some faces that I recognize, but the most part it's tourists.
At this point in time I think it's logical that the club tries to re shuffle and divide up the sections. We know what were dealing with now, it makes sense at this time. You could of argued at the begining or even after the second year that we still didnt know what to expect. Now we do, and it;s time. Allowing people to move into either a supporters area or other would solve a huge problem (chants, choreo etc.). Perhaps, a north tribune is what could kick start the movement.

Also, Seattle will get dummied when Portland rolls in. Thats gonna be one scary fanbase which I think will bring MLS fan culture to the next level (above us of course!:scarf:)

Regards

AL-MO
08-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Also, Seattle will get dummied when Portland rolls in. Thats gonna be one scary fanbase which I think will bring MLS fan culture to the next level (above us of course!:scarf:)

Agreed.

Torontotonto
08-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I have also seen some Seattle games and their crowd is OK, good support.
Reminds me of our first season. But will it last in Seattle or will they become sleepless?

I agree with ROOGSY.
My son & I have been in 119 since day one.
We couldn't have been happier when they designated 119 a supporters section this year. We love to stand the whole time and cheer, join the chants, or songs throughout the match, however on a lot of occasions this year the stadium has reminded me of being at a leaf game somewhat, the only noise is sporatic when something big happens.
MLSE also have their share of blame for sending in the troops. We have witnessed on many occasions security coming down to ask fans or supporters in 120 next to us to sit down or quiet down. That is unbelievable.
I also agree that the PR game was loud and a great time, joined my first march down Duffering and the atmosphere was the best pre-game time I had.
Seattle has a long way to go to match our great team and fans.
Power is in numbers, lets all try to get each other going at our next home match, hopefully it will meaningful one for the playoff run after this 3 game road swing.

Kick Chivas Ass Tonight.

TFC Rules...

T.O TILL I DIE
08-22-2009, 11:58 PM
well while reading this thread it really gets me mad about how many of our tfc supporters are not getting into the game. where i sit its silent im 2 section next to NEE, on are last home game vs DC,when tfc took a corner kick i cant evn stand to cheer on my team without getting asked to sit down its getting me really p***ed off. For 2010 i wanna try and gett season tickets in the redpatch/u-secotr section or go with NEE just so i can actually stand and sing. I also feel bad for NEE whenever they chant no1 joins with them and sometimes they evn try making the other sections join but they just sit it looks like there at fkn blue jays gamee!!! we need to do something bout this

dinminister
08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
the problem is not that there arent enough die hard fans, its that these fans are in sections that dont seem to chant which disables them from chanting. the only solution to get a loud rocking atmosphere at BMO is to give supporters control of a section. hopefully they do this with the north seats

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Exactly.

Anyone who has been on a roadtrip knows what it is like to be with likeminded people. Hence the desire to see a section of supporters members only because most of us believe that is the quickest and easiest way to have that atmosphere grow from a couple of hundred on an away trip to maybe 1000 at a game? Imagine the effect.

I too would like RPB to never leave 112, but I just don't see how we will ever get rid of the scalpers and tourists. I mentioned 113 and the weak response above the first few rows...well 112 isn't as bad, but there are many rows in the section where you never see the same face twice in a season and anyone who stands there is usually just watching nothing more.

As for comparing ourselves to Seattle...again...let's not be jealous. They are enjoying the fruits of our labour but that is something for us to be proud of, not envy. The goal now is to see how things are improving and do our part to continue to get better. And pressure the FO to help in this regard.

There are aspects of our support where Seattle still doesn't even come close. Talk to me when they send 2500 supporters to a regular season game and I will start being impressed. When the FO has basically handed you the ideal environment to create atmosphere on a silver plate, like they have in Seattle, of course they are going to have an easier time of it.

Our support has been our own creation and we should be proud of it. Now let's get better.
:scarf:
Exactly. I agree with all of that. Couldn't have said it better myself.

bones
08-25-2009, 02:25 PM
LEGEND TFC...

We have never attempted to do this from the core of 112... last game someone at the top mid section started it and it went well...

Smutty, Workie and I belted this out at the top and everyone looked at us like we were idiots or something. So we said fuck this and walked down mid section of 112 and belted it out once again... 1 FUCKING PERSON joined in.

This song is fantastic. It's original. Why no love for the Legend TFC???

Bones...

dinminister
08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Smutty, Workie and I belted this out at the top and everyone looked at us like we were idiots or something. So we said fuck this and walked down mid section of 112 and belted it out once again... 1 FUCKING PERSON joined in.

Bones...

i dont see why its not done every game as a "club anthem". i agree its original and may be even simple enough for others to catch on to at least the chorus

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Bones...
At first I found it too cheesy, but it's grown on me a hell of a lot and I love it now.

Sadly, in my experience, you get a lot of douches near the back of 112. :facepalm: People with scalped tickets and casuals. Had I been there I'd have definitely joined in. There are few things that get on my nerves more than people not singing in 112, or even people who just sing for a quarter of the match. IMO if you still have a voice 20 minutes into the match you're not doing your part. :D

Dave67
08-25-2009, 02:33 PM

Bones...

Generally speaking, the fans are becoming legendary, the team has achieved very little (and yes it's only been 3 short years). Perhaps a bit more success on the field and this one will catch on.

Carter
08-25-2009, 02:37 PM

I've been posting i want to get Pre-Game chanting back at the tailgates, If we could get the drum there Earlier, and have someone working on this in coordination with the Drum team, it can be brought back.

WE need people to step up and help.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I hate to say it but even HSH r doing better then us as well
You can't be serious. There's like 20 of them.

http://www.kumb.com/gallery/news/hsh.jpg

Not to mention, you're not hooligans if you're so insecure you need t-shirts announcing that you are.

London
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
^^ i love the stance the guy at the bottom is doing!!!

add that scary look and look out kids, the hudson street child molester is out there!!!!

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Put it all together and you get quite possibly the most unintentionally hilarious supporters group in the world...

But I digress. I agree that pre-game singing/chanting should come back. It helps people get to know songs and is a great way to introduce new songs. Doing new songs at the tailgate is far easier than trying them for the first time in the stand itself, it's easier for people to pick them up.

AL-MO
08-25-2009, 02:44 PM
I've been posting i want to get Pre-Game chanting back at the tailgates, If we could get the drum there Earlier, and have someone working on this in coordination with the Drum team, it can be brought back.

WE need people to step up and help.

Definitely but I think food needs to stop being served a bit earlier. A few times I looked around to get things going and everyone were stuffing their faces with food. Then by the time we wanted to get things going people had already started to head in.

TFC Via Buffalo
08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
^^ i love the stance the guy at the bottom is doing!!!

add that scary look and look out kids, the hudson street child molester is out there!!!!

If you say "Crew" upside down, like the scarf is, maybe they disappear like Alex Trebek.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
^That's a good point, there's not much time in-between when the food gets packed up and when it's time to head inside. 'Stuffing their faces' is a bit harsh tho. :p

KrazyKanadian
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
We're the only group that I've seen that has this problem. Barra Brava, Barra Real, Midnight Riders, The Inferno, The Cauldron, Section 8, Centennial Firm, and the Riot Squad all don't chant pre-game, but they manage to pull off co-ordinated singing within their section. I've been to tailgates with all those groups, and they tailgate like any NFL team: bbq, beer, parking lot games, chatting, etc, and no singing.

So how do they do it? Concentration of numbers. They're all together in the one section, are not spread out, and are of like mind. Until we get this in Toronto, we can debate this until we're blue in the face.