PDA

View Full Version : MLS rates us as "Definately In" for playoffs!

ArmenJBX
08-20-2009, 10:52 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090819&content_id=6502778&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Near the bottom. He says that Toronto, Seattle and Los Angeles are amongst the teams that are definitely in, given a couple more games to play.

Were we in this kind of position last year?

James17930
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Or maybe it's rigged.

DangerRed
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090819&content_id=6502778&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Near the bottom. He says that Toronto, Seattle and Los Angeles are amongst the teams that are definitely in, given a couple more games to play.

Um, unless you're reading a different story, that is not what he says at all. He says:

"Los Angeles, Seattle, Colorado and Toronto are other teams you'd be tempted to elevate into the "definitely in" category, but you would probably be wise to wait a few more weeks. That whole bunch of teams within a win of the 30-point plateau can only be described as murky. There's a whole lot more to be determined in the middle of the pack."

ArmenJBX
08-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I get that. But what I meant was we're actually in contention for a spot this time, if I remember it we were on the outskirts last season, but now we're being described as likely to be in. What I mean is we're actually in the thick of things.

MartinUtd
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Or maybe it's rigged.

First thing I thought of was WWE when I saw thread title

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM
What about winning the league?

DangerRed
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I get that. But what I meant was we're actually in contention for a spot this time, if I remember it we were on the outskirts last season, but now we're being described as likely to be in. What I mean is we're actually in the thick of things.

See, those "few weeks" he references are crucial. If we shit the bed on the road, three weeks from now there'll be no playoffs to talk about.

That said, I personally think we're playoff bound and that we'll pull out four points or more out of the next three games.

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf::flare:

Lucky Strike
08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Um, unless you're reading a different story, that is not what he says at all. He says:

"Los Angeles, Seattle, Colorado and Toronto are other teams you'd be tempted to elevate into the "definitely in" category, but you would probably be wise to wait a few more weeks. That whole bunch of teams within a win of the 30-point plateau can only be described as murky. There's a whole lot more to be determined in the middle of the pack."

That's precisely what I was going to say. The "definitely in" part is taken way out of context.

scooter
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
bottom line is we need to win or tie the next three and get at least 5 points on the road trip

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-20-2009, 12:47 PM

didnt they predict San Jose and new york would be improved this year?

Hitcho
08-20-2009, 01:02 PM
It's so hard to predict anything in this league, a situation that is deliberately manufactured and cultivated by the league itself, so all we can do is take it one game at a time. Don't look past Chivas or start worrying about how many points we need from Seattle. Just focus on the Chivas game.

This is also the message I hope CC and the TFC coaching staff are drumming into the lads!