PDA

View Full Version : Columbus beats Puerto Rico

Super
08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
I can't help but feel REALLY pissed about this ... but oh well.

Columbus 2 - 0 Puerto Rico

AND the stadium was pretty much empty too. WTF?

backbeat
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
i expected Columbis to beat them - they're a great team - hell we should have beat them but we blew it but Columbis has a team that could really go a long way in CCL.

as for their attendance numbers i agree it's sad with such an excellent product on the field.

we may have been nearly sold out for our game against Puerto Rico (i think the figure was over 20,000) but only about half of the them showed up - my theory is because the tickets were not clear at all in the season ticket package and i firmly believe a large number didn't even know they had tickets for the game - i wasn't sure up until the week before and i follow the boards closely.

Marco2K
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Damn that reallly sucks

ilikemusic
08-20-2009, 09:16 AM

Thats basically what this league is like, save for us, Seattle and DC.

For most 'fans' an MLS game is only worth going to if its mid afternoon on a nice sunny summer day and the kids are home from school.

Hustle
08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Fuckers

Redcoe15
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Fuck both of 'em!

Jay P
08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
if i had all 10 fans yelling @ me "columbus reject" for 90 minutes i'd let in 2 goals as well :D

MFBODD
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh well... Columbus doesn't exactly suck and they are on top of the table. They should win. As for the lack of fans showing up, well, it's Columbus.

I thought it was pretty clean that the PR match was included with our seasons. It was mentioned last year in our renewal letter and I believe it was on our printed, hard tickets. I mean, the letter and tickets didn't specify PR, because they had no idea at the time who we would be matched aginst, or even if we would qualify. Also, didn't the club highlight this point in one of their email blasts? Then again, I think many do not receive those emails and I know that there was quite a bit of confusion, so I guess they weren't clear enough.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
i expected Columbis to beat them - they're a great team - hell we should have beat them but we blew it but Columbis has a team that could really go a long way in CCL.

as for their attendance numbers i agree it's sad with such an excellent product on the field.

we may have been nearly sold out for our game against Puerto Rico (i think the figure was over 20,000) but only about half of the them showed up - my theory is because the tickets were not clear at all in the season ticket package and i firmly believe a large number didn't even know they had tickets for the game - i wasn't sure up until the week before and i follow the boards closely.

HAve to agree....i can see these guys reaching the final of the CCL..hate to say it!

Keystone FC
08-20-2009, 01:44 PM
A little over 6,000 for the game. 'BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT...it was a weekday game on a Tuesday so, so, so, that's why there so few people. And there was a chance of rain, and there was Rascal Flatts concert that night as well.'
That was what a typical Crew fan response would be for the attendance.
I just couldn't believe the amount of diving that went on in this match, but if that's what it takes to win games then maybe TFC needs to start taking more acting classes.
FUCK COLUMBUS!

Hustle
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Fuck both of 'em!

Yeah, thats why I went plural redcoe:D

Pachuco
08-20-2009, 02:07 PM

What are you talking about? the Puerto Rico game was full from where I was sitting. If you really think there was 10,000 people in the stands against PR then maybe you never left the washrooms?

Gazza_55
08-20-2009, 02:08 PM
A little over 6,000 for the game. 'BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT...it was a weekday game on a Tuesday so, so, so, that's why there so few people. And there was a chance of rain, and there was Rascal Flatts concert that night as well.'
That was what a typical Crew fan response would be for the attendance.
I just couldn't believe the amount of diving that went on in this match, but if that's what it takes to win games then maybe TFC needs to start taking more acting classes.
FUCK COLUMBUS!

If you are the top team in the league and defending champions and the Columbus FO knew they were playing in this match since last November, it shouldn't matter if this game was played at 3:15am in the flippin' morning. 6161 fans is a disgrace.

Keystone FC
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
If you are the top team in the league and defending champions and the Columbus FO knew they were playing in this match since last November, it shouldn't matter if this game was played at 3:15am in the flippin' morning. 6161 fans is a disgrace.
:cheers::hurray:

Yeah, WE know that but don't tell that to a Crew fan.

backbeat
08-20-2009, 03:44 PM
What are you talking about? the Puerto Rico game was full from where I was sitting. If you really think there was 10,000 people in the stands against PR then maybe you never left the washrooms?

oh i was at the game and in my seat and from where i sat it wasn't close to full - maybe half empty is a slight exaggeration - this board talk about how many empty seats there were for quite some time after as i recall.

trane
08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Fuck Columbus.

FluSH
08-20-2009, 05:24 PM

ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban :smash:

Can we get a concensus to ban Super for posting this reminder! :D

prizby
08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
i couldn't give 2 shits about columbus

SoccMan
08-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Look at the two goals Columbas scored against P.R. they were both on the ground in front of the net goals. We kept banging high balls into the box that were easily cleared by the giants that P.R. had on defense. Columbas figured it out and thats why they put two goals past that bald eagle waste of space keeper from P.R. .

Limani_Ole
08-20-2009, 08:14 PM
^^^

someone watched the tapes of our games..

Columbus are the MLS Champs, if they lost to PR then the league would really have problems..

Keystone FC
08-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Look at the two goals Columbas scored against P.R. they were both on the ground in front of the net goals. We kept banging high balls into the box that were easily cleared by the giants that P.R. had on defense. Columbas figured it out and thats why they put two goals past that bald eagle waste of space keeper from P.R. .

Yeah, they figured out to get the ball close to the box and then flop to get a free kick. I'm serious when I say if this is what it takes to win games in general like the 'champs' then maybe TFC should look into this type of play.

Maple Leaf Red
08-21-2009, 03:08 PM
oh i was at the game and in my seat and from where i sat it wasn't close to full - maybe half empty is a slight exaggeration - this board talk about how many empty seats there were for quite some time after as i recall.

It was packed. It wasn't full at kickoff because it never is but it was packed. saying half empty's a massive exaggeration.

Banzai
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Gonna be the voice of reason here and point out that CCL never draws well in MLS, or anywhere else for that matter:

2008-09 CCL Group Stage Attendance #s (from Wiki) (home team first)

Group A:
DC United vs Saprissa: 6105
Marathon vs. Cruz Azul: 6540
Cruz Azul vs. Saprissa: 6500
Marathon vs. DC United: 8000
Saprissa vs. Marathon: 6000
DC United vs. Cruz Azul: 7150
Cruz Azul vs. Marathon: 4926
Saprissa vs. Dc United: 10000
Cruz Azul vs. DC United 4265
DC United vs. Marathon: 7156
Saprissa vs. Cruz Azul: 12800
Marathon vs. Saprissa: 2915

All of the other groups mirrored this trend. Look, I hate Columbus as much as the next person, but obviously those with all the outrage here haven't done their homework.

Keystone FC
08-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Gonna be the voice of reason here and point out that CCL never draws well in MLS, or anywhere else for that matter:

2008-09 CCL Group Stage Attendance #s (from Wiki) (home team first)

Group A:
DC United vs Saprissa: 6105
Marathon vs. Cruz Azul: 6540
Cruz Azul vs. Saprissa: 6500
Marathon vs. DC United: 8000
Saprissa vs. Marathon: 6000
DC United vs. Cruz Azul: 7150
Cruz Azul vs. Marathon: 4926
Saprissa vs. Dc United: 10000
Cruz Azul vs. DC United 4265
DC United vs. Marathon: 7156
Saprissa vs. Cruz Azul: 12800
Marathon vs. Saprissa: 2915

All of the other groups mirrored this trend. Look, I hate Columbus as much as the next person, but obviously those with all the outrage here haven't done their homework.

It's the Crew so fuck the homework and fuck the Crew. The sooner they move to St. Louis, San Antonio, or Greenland the better. Even better a 1949 Il Grande Torino incident would be just as good.
:drinking:

Hooligan69
08-22-2009, 07:07 PM

I guess this is what happens when MLS teams actually put some effort into these games. TFC should take notes.