PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs happen . How much we talkin

gtaguy
08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Its never happened before. Never seen this discussed.
Anyone got any idea how much Ml$E plans on charging us for these ticket ??

rocker
08-18-2009, 07:25 PM
hey, don't jinx us like Gerry Dobson does....

Roogsy
08-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I'd be disappointed if it was more than regular price! Premium price at the most. Why you talkin' about "double" Flats?

This would be unplanned revenue...a bonus...extra unexpected cash in the kitty.

They'd really be snubbing their noses at fans and supporters if they decided to pull a Toronto Maple Leafs and completely sell their souls to the devil.

gtaguy
08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
not jinx.. in footy there is not such thing.. Its all about the team being prepared and ready to go..

All of us season ticket holder i believe they will directly withdraw it out of our accounts and reimburse us if they don't make it ..

RedWookie
08-18-2009, 07:33 PM
are playoff games included in the season tickets?

BuSaPuNk
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I'd be disappointed if it was more than regular price! Premium price at the most. Why you talkin' about "double" Flats?

They'd really be snubbing their noses at fans and supporters if they decided to pull a Toronto Maple Leafs and completely sell their souls to the devil.

I agree Roogsy....probably will be premium price tickets I would think. But really as long as they don't try to hose us like the RM game it doesn't matter to me. That will be a hot ticket though, first postseason game in TO history.

gtaguy
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Roogs i think hes got a point . Why would they not do it . They milk the cow with leaf fans why aren't they going to do it to us.. :facepalm:

BuSaPuNk
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

No just the CCL match.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/ssh/renewal/

/ 2009 SEASON TICKET PACKAGES

Here's what you get:

15 MLS Regular Season Games
1 International Friendly Match
2 Canadian Championship Matches (The qualification matches for CONCACAF Champions League - one game against Montreal Impact and the other against Vancouver Whitecaps)
- 1 CONCACAF Champions League Match*

*If we don't qualify for this round, you can tell us where you want to apply your credit or request a full refund

TFCRegina
08-18-2009, 07:38 PM
They have rates online for how much you pay. They're either MLS Premium or MLS playoff, can't remember. Check the TFC website.

Nodoubtguy
08-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I could see premium prices plus maybe 10-15%, anything more would be a bit much

Nodoubtguy
08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
They have rates online for how much you pay. They're either MLS Premium or MLS playoff, can't remember. Check the TFC website.

No mention of playoffs......

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/tickets/2009/09_seating_map.gif

Lennon
08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
What I would like to know is how many people would make the trip to Cowlumbus/Chicago? 2k+? Surely if the game is on the weekend ...

gtaguy
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM

Keep dreaming Wookie.. Im surprised we don't pay for pissing in the urnals at bmo..

RedWookie
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
is it common to not include playoffs in season tickets?

gtaguy
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM
anyone know how much a columbus crew season ticket holder or a DC united season ticket holder might have paid for playoff tickets..

rocker
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
close this thread.. it's a jinx to talk about playoff tickets before we make the playoffs... I warned you!!!!!!!!

AL-MO
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
There was a charge last year that my old company received, it was then refunded when they didn't make it.

Roogsy
08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
You sure that wasn't for the Canadian championship?

TorCanSoc
08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
So what if we talked about not making the playoffs? If that gets jinxed do we make the playoffs?

gtaguy
08-18-2009, 08:42 PM
to close a thread down becuase of a jinx..
what is TFC.
Are we talking about talent in the team or superstitions in a team .
I don't have faith in hell they will make it but i do hope that i am so wrong that i have to eat every word i said.
They are inconsistent, too much up and down . never know what team decides to come out to play .. CC has to run the roost and what we need is intelligence in the next round of games. smart defence and good striking .. not don't talk about it becuase "i told you so its a jinx"...

dal524
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
i dont know of any season tickets in any sport that includes playoff tickets in the reg. season pack

olegunnar
08-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Maybe we could have a poll.
That way they wil know the maximum they can charge us.
Or even better they can charge more...then have some "friendly posters" come by and manage our expectations and calm our reactions, knowing full well most will bitch for a day or two then pony up and pay for them.

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe we could have a poll.
That way they wil know the maximum they can charge us.
Or even better they can charge more...then have some "friendly posters" come by and manage our expectations and calm our reactions, knowing full well most will bitch for a day or two then pony up and pay for them.

does your sarcasm mean you won't be paying for them?

olegunnar
08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
does your sarcasm mean you won't be paying for them?

I wish the RPB site was private for members only.
I also wish the RPB were more selective in who they allowed to be members.

As it is....TFC was built on experiential marketing (reason 1a why they do nothing about scalpers in the south end, it allows more people to experience the south end...also reason 1a I'd guess that TiT got so pissed, since that's his gig) and this site is/was used to bridge the gap between games and maintain the experience. Stay connected, prolong the experience.

So my sarcasm is aimed at the fact that this site is a marketing tool. Full blown with polls (what beer would you like? Would you sit in a north stand? What teams would you like for friendlies, what would you pay for tickets, how would you improve the game day experience) and customer service reps who swing by to answer questions, put out fires and manage expectations.

I won't complain directly about what PB does, it's his franchise, not a club. That's been made very clear this year (even if they purposely blurred the lines to get us hooked). I will however, until I give up or am banned here, continue to make little comments here and there to hopefully give some of the more naive people that post here an idea of the implications of their posts. Having the front office lead people around by the nose isn't cool.

That's the long answer.

Short answer...I hope I'm wrong but I fear this whole discussion is a moot point.

Oldtimer
08-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Spoken by a non-member. :rolleyes:

Carts
08-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Nope. Its 100% (maybe 99.9%) the other way...

Season ticket holders have the first chance to purchase they're tickets, normally at a higher cost...

Carts...

olegunnar
08-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Spoken by a non-member. :rolleyes:

former
my $25 was taken and put in the infamous "warchest"

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 11:37 AM

As it is....TFC was built on experiential marketing (reason 1a why they do nothing about scalpers in the south end, it allows more people to experience the south end...also reason 1a I'd guess that TiT got so pissed, since that's his gig) and this site is/was used to bridge the gap between games and maintain the experience. Stay connected, prolong the experience.

So my sarcasm is aimed at the fact that this site is a marketing tool. Full blown with polls (what beer would you like? Would you sit in a north stand? What teams would you like for friendlies, what would you pay for tickets, how would you improve the game day experience) and customer service reps who swing by to answer questions, put out fires and manage expectations.

I won't complain directly about what PB does, it's his franchise, not a club. That's been made very clear this year (even if they purposely blurred the lines to get us hooked). I will however, until I give up or am banned here, continue to make little comments here and there to hopefully give some of the more naive people that post here an idea of the implications of their posts. Having the front office lead people around by the nose isn't cool.

That's the long answer.

Short answer...I hope I'm wrong but I fear this whole discussion is a moot point.

if you think that polls are made by tfc-staffers, you're kidding yourself.
Most of the polls are made by bored guys with no current matches to talk about.
Sure they (staffers) probably read the things posted here, because it's an open and public forum.

I was just wondering why you were taking such a nagative tone about it.
I'd be happy to pay to see my team in the playoffs, but certainly not at any cost.

Eastend
08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Are playoff games home and away? If not, we may not even have a home game for the playoffs.

...just saying...

Mikey
08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Making the playoffs is all about going to the away games for me. If ML$E gouge us over the home games, all the easier for me to justify going to the away games instead.

Having said that, I would expect the home gmes to be resonable this year, with a major jump in next years season ticket prices to follow if TFC do well. Especially as there are 32 trillion, bajillion people gagging to take your tickets if you dont renew......lol.

The emperor has no clothes......

Brooker
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I could see premium prices plus maybe 10-15%, anything more would be a bit much

yup. my thoughts exactly.

Wagner
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
i really hate these threads...
why do we allow them...it's basically free market research for the club.

"the fans are expecting $XX.00 per ticket, so we'll be fine with $XY.00, sure they'll bitch for 2 days....but they'll get over it."

We should be posting that until we see an improvement on the field with a contending team, there is no justification for a massive price spike.

and that goes for Season Tix next year. My rep talked about inflation, etc as part of the reason for the increase in 2010....I didn't have the heart to get into the recession and negative growth, etc....

I know there's a demand for Tix.
But the demand is mainly for the lower priced tix.
the supporters section.
There isn't a line up for the prawnies.
they say the list is 10,000 long...but how many of those people actually will pony up and take a set of prawnies....

olegunnar
08-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I was just wondering why you were taking such a nagative tone about it.
I'd be happy to pay to see my team in the playoffs, but certainly not at any cost.

The tyranny of the majority can be a dangerous thing.

In my observations over the past 3 years, this group...the largest...has the most impact through its actions more importantly sometimes its inactions.

Unfortunately for me, I don't share a lot of the same views or see things the same way as the majority in this group do, or have been conditioned to see things.

That's why the negative tone. It's a here we go again kind of feeling.
Not singling out flatpicker in an offensive way just using him as an example, but he posted he wouldn't be surprised with double the price. Now if that idea gets floated, and people get used to it...the FO might think...hey this might work, lets not screw ourselves like we did in 2006 when we set prices...lets set them higher.

Roogsy
08-19-2009, 11:49 AM
"Allow them"? Come on Rob...I agree that it makes the FO's job easy...especially when there is an element of people that post things like "I will pay anything!" :out:...but this is a discussion board. Unless you can figure out a way to have a free and open discussion while ensuring TFC doesn't get a "wind" of what fans are thinking, let us know.

At the end of the day, it's a double-edged sword. We benefit when the team reads stuff here and does something that pleases us and we get upset when they do something that doesn't. This site has it's obvious pros and cons.

But we've all agreed what kinds of limits there should be on conversations here and that is found in the board rules. This does not fall among them.

Now if everyone were smart (like me! LOL!) they would've been adamant that nothing more than REGULAR PRICE is acceptable...maybe then they'd get the message? :D

Chevy
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
First round is definitely home and away. Not too sure about the semi-finals but I think they are also.

Wagner
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM
"Allow them"? Come on Rob...I agree that it makes the FO's job easy...especially when there is an element of people that post things like "I will pay anything!" :out:...but this is a discussion board. Unless you can figure out a way to have a free and open discussion while ensuring TFC doesn't get a "wind" of what fans are thinking, let us know.

At the end of the day, it's a double-edged sword. We benefit when the team reads stuff here and does something that pleases us and we get upset when they do something that doesn't. This site has it's obvious pros and cons.

But we've all agreed what kinds of limits there should be on conversations here and that is found in the board rules. This does not fall among them.

Now if everyone were smart (like me! LOL!) they would've been adamant that nothing more than REGULAR PRICE is acceptable...maybe then they'd get the message? :D

we're basically saying the same thing in different ways.

We should have a united voice to at least push back at the impending gouging.

JonO
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm sure these boards are used to get a general "feel", but I'm sure the FO makes the decision based on their own research/stats... They didn't seem to pay much attention to the RM prices that were being thrown around here... Besides, how small a sample are we on this board???

BuSaPuNk
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
the supporters section.
they say the list is 10,000 long...but how many of those people actually will pony up and take a set of prawnies....

I agree with you Wagner. The demand is for the lower end of the ticket scale. I'm one of them. The FO has this information as they ask you what seats your looking for when you sign up for the waiting list. They should have that information. If they continue to jack prices up year after year there going to price out the support that they market the team with to the fairweather fans.

Note to FO: Keep the prices low and any new seating should also be lower priced tickets as well. (North Stand) I also believe that they should remove the high ticket value from the midfield seats in the upper westside. I can understand the lower section seating that is closer to the pitch, but the upperdeck come on. :rolleyes:

Eastend
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I guess I could of went to the MLS site to find out....

PLAYOFF FORMAT: Conference Semifinal series are conducted in a home-and-home, aggregate-goal format. The lower seeded team in the Conference Semifinal hosts the first game. The winners of those four series advance to single-game Conference Championships that will determine the MLS Cup Finalists.

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 12:08 PM
... just using him as an example, but he posted he wouldn't be surprised with double the price.

Now if that idea gets floated, and people get used to it...the FO might think...hey this might work....

JonO has a good point that relates to your comment. We are a relatively small sample for the entire stadium. In fact, we're probably the most vocal (not just RPB, but all organized supporters) about the things we dislike. The problem here is that the loudest grumblings come from a small sample of relatively cheap seats.

The newspapers picked up on the RM price fiasco and our displeasure with it, and they ran the story. Then the average TFC SSH saw the articles (if they read the sports section) and probably thought "yeah, this is a rip-off".

Yes a message board like this one can put forward some negative ideas (like being willing to put up with a 200% ticket price hike) but it also puts forward some realistic opinions (no winning = no hike) that get out into the general public.

flatpicker
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Not singling out flatpicker...

ok ok... you convinced me... I deleted my post!

JonO
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
the supporters section.
100% on this. It's been a real struggle for me to get rid of any extra tix this year...

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 12:29 PM

AND it doesn't cost anything to be on that list, so you can bet that people
(and scalpers, who don't count as people) just signed up for as many seats
as possible just because they could. I don't think that there's actually 10,000
real potential customers from that list. It's not like when we put down the $50 deposit.

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I would expect play off games to be priced the same way regular season games are priced. After all, we are playing the same teams in the same competiiotn, we're just playing them again.

My rep told me that the "premium" games this season were the first and last home games of the season and games with a DP playing for the other team (shitcago, KK and shite bulls i think, since golden balls was in milan when LAG came here). I'm not sure that;s a sensible way of pricing the tickets, in fact it is entirely arbitrary (what if the DP is injured or gets sold to europe before the game comes round, do they refund the bump to premium pricing? do they hell. and why pick on the home opener and closer, what;s the logic behind that, what makes those "premium" games?). But, be that as it may, that's how they did it this season.

So, how is it fair to charge for play off games based on a different system? if we draw Houston, it should be a regular priced MLS game, no? It's exactly the same fucking team with the same players - so how can you justify a price hike, especially to the SSH who have stuck with the club for three pretty crappy seasons results wise? The fact that it's "post season" makes no difference to anything - the pricing model should REMAIN THE SAME and anything else would be an obvious and open rip off to the fans, whcih would piss me off as much as the RM pricing system did. MLSE have chosen their pricing system - SO STICK WITH IT.

As an aside, if TFC signs a DP next season (however unlikely) does that mean that all home games bcome "premium" as they will all feature a DP? And do home games against other teams with a DP then ebcome double premium? and if that happens to be the home opener, is that then a triple premium seat? this is why i think the pricing model is a joke, but MSLE lvoe it because theyc an milk the crap out of us through an arbitrary system.

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 12:45 PM
another thought - anyone on here *cough JonO cough* have season tickets to the leafs or raptors? if so, anyone remember what MLSE do with play off ticket pricing there? Bit different in MLS because we only get one, maximum two games rather than god knows how many seven game series, but it might be a good indicator.

There's another reason MLSE will try and skin us though - only one or two play off games per season "better cash in while we can". I respectfully refer MLSE to my previous post if that's the case.

ilikemusic
08-19-2009, 12:48 PM
anyone know how much a columbus crew season ticket holder or a DC united season ticket holder might have paid for playoff tickets..

In the rest of the league, I wouldnt be shocked if playoff tickets were cheaper.

Every season I have watched attendance actually dips in the playoffs because the weather isnt as ncie and most 'fans' dont really give a shit.

Also, I fully expect MLSE to attempt to bend the supporters over on playoff pricing.

They will charge whatever they think they can get away with and not a penny less.

Phil
08-19-2009, 12:49 PM
More games will always equal more money, that is a given.

If they follow what happens with the Leafs, then each round usually gets a *bump* in price. It would be pretty silly if a round of our playoffs would cost more than say a final in the destination city.

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 12:50 PM
In the rest of the league, I wouldnt be shocked if playoff tickets were cheaper.

Every season I have watched attendance actually dips in the playoffs because the weather isnt as ncie and most 'fans' dont really give a shit.

Also, I fully expect MLSE to attempt to bend the supporters over on playoff pricing.

They will charge whatevery they think they can get away with and not a penny less.

this is true - play off attendances can be pretty crappy, especially in "some" places.

MLSE know that won;t be the case here though, at least not to any worrying extent. We're rabid for play off footie at BMO Field. And they know it.

If they follow what happens with the Leafs, then each round usually gets a *bump* in price. It would be pretty silly if a round of our playoffs would cost more than say a final in the destination city.

Rooney's point about gradual hikes makes sense, althoguh I still think it should be regular season pricing.

At worst it should be charged at the "premium" ticket rate and nothign higher, althoguh i still maintain it;s the same team as normal season so why should we pay more?

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
another thought - anyone on here *cough JonO cough* have season tickets to the leafs or raptors? if so, anyone remember what MLSE do with play off ticket pricing there? Bit different in MLS because we only get one, maximum two games rather than god knows how many seven game series, but it might be a good indicator.

There's another reason MLSE will try and skin us though - only one or two play off games per season "better cash in while we can". I respectfully refer MLSE to my previous post if that's the case.

I'm not sure if it still works this way, but with the Raps, full SSH get first dibs, but not on all the games. Then partials and then non-SSH. I think there's some kind of lottery system so they get more part-timers into the stadium. It's different with a 7 game series that has 3 or 4 games at home.

Phil
08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I would love if the tickets stayed at regular prices.

It makes for more cash to follow the team on road trips! :D

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure if it still works this way, but with the Raps, full SSH get first dibs, but not on all the games. Then partials and then non-SSH. I think there's some kind of lottery system so they get more part-timers into the stadium. It's different with a 7 game series that has 3 or 4 games at home.

Hah - I meant on pricing, not allocation Parky!

Can you imagine the unholy shit storm if they didn;t give SSH first dibs on their seats for what could be the only post season game we get in three years? I swear some people (including me) would actually have their heads explode with outrage.

Cashcleaner
08-19-2009, 12:58 PM
The tyranny of the majority can be a dangerous thing. Yeah. Tyranny. That's the sort of word you should be using when talking about ticket pricing. :rolleyes:

In my observations over the past 3 years, this group...the largest...has the most impact through its actions more importantly sometimes its inactions.

Unfortunately for me, I don't share a lot of the same views or see things the same way as the majority in this group do, or have been conditioned to see things. Yeah. Conditioned. Every member agrees with each other here at all times. :rolleyes:

That's why the negative tone. It's a here we go again kind of feeling.
Not singling out flatpicker in an offensive way just using him as an example, but he posted he wouldn't be surprised with double the price. Now if that idea gets floated, and people get used to it...the FO might think...hey this might work, lets not screw ourselves like we did in 2006 when we set prices...lets set them higher. Yeah. That's why the negative tone. And according to you, we're likely the ones responsible for any ticket increase. :rolleyes:

JonO
08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Hah - I meant on pricing, not allocation Parky!

Can you imagine the unholy shit storm if they didn;t give SSH first dibs on their seats for what could be the only post season game we get in three years? I swear some people (including me) would actually have their heads explode with outrage.
It's been a while - but the increase is substantial and continues to increase with each round.

Edit: All possible games are sold upfront. So, for the leafs for example, the assumption is made that each round is a seven game series and a max of 4 home games per series. And then you have to buy all of that even before the playoffs are made. It's a big ouchie on the wallet...

Obviously the format is different for MLS - not sure how they will assess it...

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh no.... Cash just pulled off a 3x :rolleyes: post. He's clearly in a mood. careful guys! Cashzilla might attack.

Roogsy
08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
:lol:

:hulk:

canadian_bhoy
08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Reality:

Q: How much will TFC charge for playoffs?
A: As much as possible

Price will certainly be more than a premium match, perhaps with a STH discount. Will be interesting to see the % increase for the cheap seats compared to the high end seats.

I wouldn't be surprised if some folks ended up sending letters to MLSE over this one.

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
^ given that any and all play off game profits are unexpected bonuses for MLSe, that sticks in the throat somewhat.

at a regular season game pricing model, how much pure profit are they going to make from 20,000 additioanl ticket sales plus concession sales, plus additional shirts and other merch being sold as a knock on effect of making the post season?

answer - a lot.

so why do they have to milk us for even more? take your profts and enjoy them, whatever, but don't fucking bed us over and rape us on TOP of the addtional and unexpected profits you are already making - wankers. (if they do, because I am still hoping for nothing more than premium game pricing, or regular season pricing in my own private little dreamland)

Roogsy
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL! Hitch...let's not get worked up yet. I am optimistically suspicious...(if that is possible)...I will wait for 1) the team to make it into the playoffs and 2) the team to announce pricing before I become indignant.

Until then...I will reserve judgement.

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Hehe, I was indignant at Mike's terrible and pessimistic attitude. :D

Didn't we get something round by e-mail about play off tickets last year, an agreement to allow the club to charge us in advance if we made it or something like that? Can't quite remember - does anyone else? :noidea:

But yeah, I will remain hopeful that my approach of regular/premium season game pricing will prevail.

It should do - it would be an absolute travesty if MLSE ended up with empty seats for the playoffs because of pricing (and I'm not talking about the south end here, more the prawnies, because how much of a hike are THEY going to accept, and if they pass up based on price, how much luck will scalpers have selling the seats?)

Wagner
08-19-2009, 01:59 PM

Brilliant Point.

How could an opening round game vs. the Crew cost more than the final???
it would look ridiculous.

Hitcho
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Brilliant Point.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but we're talking about the corporation that owns and runs the Leafs here, they know a thing or two about ridiculous pricing relative to how the team is doing and just about anything else that is going on in the universe!

pekduck
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Brilliant Point.

given ML$E... let me quote Adidas

Impossible is Nothing

canadian_bhoy
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Brilliant Point.

Supply and command Wagner.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FGrxKMwdUu8/R5uS7yu_WwI/AAAAAAAACdU/2BcxE1DUH2A/s320/TPB+RIcky.bmp

DangerRed
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Worst case Ontario? Probably way more than premium tickets. And you know what? I bet people would still pay.

Parkdale
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
And you know what? I bet people would still pay.

I bet you're right. Why? It's the playoffs!
I didn't pay to see TFC v. Real Madrid, but I would pay to see a game that mattered.

I just hope it's priced the same as regular seasons tickets

DangerRed
08-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I didn't pay to see TFC v. Real Madrid, but I would pay to see a game that mattered.

You're totally right. I paid for the RM friendly (gift for my best man). I'd DEFINITELY pay for the playoffs, premium pricing or not.

Unrelated note: I want season tickets like nobody's business, but obviously have been unable to get them. And so I shop around, game by game, and usually end up in the 22Xs. The cost total if you add up the game's I've attended this year is probably higher than the price of seasons in the same bunch of sections, and then some.

I guess I'm one of the saps that will pay, whether they lift the prices a bit or not.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Darlofletch
08-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I'd accept premium pricing for a playoff game. I'd be disgruntled if it went further than that, but let's face it, it's mlse, we've all seen what "loyalty pricing" means when it comes to a big game.

Darlofletch
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
as for next seasons season tickets, and the waiting list, here's what I think about how much of the waiting list actually wants season tickets.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14304

they did the exact same thing for the river plate game and the madrid practice.

Judging by the real madrid crowd, there's probably a lot of teen girls (or their parents more likely) who have 0 intention of coming back to bmo on there.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Supporters section $60-75 for the first rd....Up to $100 for the next rd if we host it

east and west stands $125-150 for first rd...up to $175-$200 for next rd.

see if this comes close.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-19-2009, 06:11 PM

playoff tiks priced thee same as regular season....no chance..there
will either be a medium jump to high jump in prices..but being that there
will be only one playoff game at BMO , look at medium jump in price.

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Supporters section $60-75 for the first rd....Up to $100 for the next rd if we host it

east and west stands $125-150 for first rd...up to $175-$200 for next rd.

see if this comes close.
You think that they'll increase prices almost four times what you guys pay for the regular season?

kodiakTFC
08-20-2009, 06:31 PM
as for next seasons season tickets, and the waiting list, here's what I think about how much of the waiting list actually wants season tickets.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14304

they did the exact same thing for the river plate game and the madrid practice.

Judging by the real madrid crowd, there's probably a lot of teen girls (or their parents more likely) who have 0 intention of coming back to bmo on there.

Interesting point which I had never really considered. Of the 15k or so on the waiting list, I'm guessing that 2,500 actually want tickets with probably 4000 tickets between them all. I am still a supporter of expanding BMO Field but not to 30k, I'd like to see it move to 25k. With the new North end and perhaps filling in th corners, this could be done.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-20-2009, 06:44 PM
You think that they'll increase prices almost four times what you guys pay for the regular season?

for the playoffs you betcha...you cant really expect to pay the same for playoffs as you would regular season..all sports franchises usally raise the prices for post season cant see why TFC would be different.

TFCtoMUFC
08-20-2009, 06:56 PM
for the playoffs you betcha...you cant really expect to pay the same for playoffs as you would regular season..all sports franchises usally raise the prices for post season cant see why TFC would be different.

I would pay that. I would easily pay 100 for tickets in 111. I wouldn't like it but if we are in the playoffs than I have to.:scarf:

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I think some of you are being way too pessimistic. I expect playoff tickets to cost the same as "premium" games currently do.

The rationale for the Real Madrid ticket prices, was the cost to prepare the stadium for the game, and the fee to bring RM here. There are no such expenses for a playoff game.

I think MLSE can be pretty tone-deaf to the fans from tiem to time, but I don't think they would make a stupid mistake, to make a few bucks.

- Scott

Limani_Ole
08-20-2009, 08:12 PM
^^^^^^^^

its the think part that scares me.. I wouldnt put it past them..

Cashcleaner
08-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I think some of you are being way too pessimistic. I expect playoff tickets to cost the same as "premium" games currently do.

The rationale for the Real Madrid ticket prices, was the cost to prepare the stadium for the game, and the fee to bring RM here. There are no such expenses for a playoff game.

I think MLSE can be pretty tone-deaf to the fans from tiem to time, but I don't think they would make a stupid mistake, to make a few bucks.

- Scott

I think I'm of the same mind. I just don't see playoffs games being more than the price of premium regular season tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if playoff prices are controlled somewhat by the league as well.

AL-MO
08-21-2009, 11:39 AM
You sure that wasn't for the Canadian championship?

Positive.

I remember laughing with my rep (known her for many years before TFC) when she told me our Organization would have to pay for playoffs if we wanted to renew our seasons for the 2009 season.

Maple Leaf Red
08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
They don't raise them even close to 400%. If anything I'd say the maximum is the premium game price for the first round at least. Anything else would be criminal.

prizby
08-21-2009, 08:49 PM
GUYS: if we finish 1st or 2nd in the regular season, the playoff game will be the 2nd leg on NOVEMBER 7 OR 8, if we finish 3rd or 4th, the playoff game will be OCTOBER 31, NOVEMBER 1.

Let me pray that we finish 3rd or 4th...I am home for reading week and thus can go to the game.

LETS REVITALIZE THE STREAMERS AT THE CORNERS!!!

GIVE EM HELL

TFCtoMUFC
08-21-2009, 09:12 PM
If we finish 1st or 2nd we are gunna freeze to death. November 7th outside in a soccer jersey, that should be fun, just pray it doesnt snow. Also November 1st would be perfect as no school the next day (I am pretty sure I get All Saints Day even though it is the sunday).

AL-MO
08-22-2009, 12:31 AM
If we finish 1st or 2nd we are gunna freeze to death. November 7th outside in a soccer jersey, that should be fun, just pray it doesnt snow. Also November 1st would be perfect as no school the next day (I am pretty sure I get All Saints Day even though it is the sunday).

So then don't wear a jersey.

I don't see what the big deal is. Dress according to the weather and you'll be fine.

AL-MO
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Oh and I'll take a playoff spot no matter what number it is and what dates we have to play on.

TFCtoMUFC
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
So then don't wear a jersey.

I don't see what the big deal is. Dress according to the weather and you'll be fine.

Oh I will be wearing a jersey, my long sleeve grey one will have to come out, with three shirts under it.

AL-MO
08-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh I will be wearing a jersey, my long sleeve grey one will have to come out, with three shirts under it.

My point is that wearing a jersey is not a necessity. You are no better of a supporter than someone who chooses not to.

TFCtoMUFC
08-22-2009, 06:17 AM
My point is that wearing a jersey is not a necessity. You are no better of a supporter than someone who chooses not to.

I know that, it doesnt matter what you wear. I just like wearing my jersey, also the scarf will come in handy in november.

JonO
08-22-2009, 06:23 AM
I know that, it doesnt matter what you wear. I just like wearing my jersey, also the scarf will come in handy in november.
Hey - it won't be much colder than our games at the beginning of the season this year....:o

prizby
08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh and I'll take a playoff spot no matter what number it is and what dates we have to play on.

i would like to go to a playoff game :)

AL-MO
08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
i would like to go to a playoff game :)

As we all would.

RedRum
08-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Just keep jumping and you'll be fine ;)