PDA

View Full Version : Dero wins goal.com player of the week

jloome
08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
http://goal.com/en/news/1884/north-america/2009/08/18/1446782/goalcoms-mls-player-of-week-22-torontos-dwayne-derosario

mmmikey
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
wow.. im not a DeRo hater (wear his jersey everywhere), but I didn't think he had a particularly good game vs DC. He took advantage of a beautiful cross from Cronin, and so he deserves recognition for finishing it well. Beyond that he looked kinda off his game for portions of the match...

DangerRed
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Well deserved. The guy's definitely a scoring force, but he also goes a long way to hold the team together.

DangerRed
08-18-2009, 10:43 AM
wow.. im not a DeRo hater (wear his jersey everywhere), but I didn't think he had a particularly good game vs DC. He took advantage of a beautiful cross from Cronin, and so he deserves recognition for finishing it well. Beyond that he looked kinda off his game for portions of the match...

I guess they're looking past that easy one he Barretted on Saturday in giving him the prize given that his goal was the game winner in one of our most important games of the season.

Darlofletch
08-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Aside from the goal, I didn't think he had that good of a game. (yes, yes, I know. What have the romans done for us?)

Reading the article, it seems to be more of a recognition of his recent form rather than specifically for this week. In that respect, he's definitely earned it.

jloome
08-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Four goals in four games. That's why, really.

sulfur
08-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Then it should be player of the month. :)

There were several other players in our game (never mind in some of the other MLS games) that were far more deserving of a PotW than DeRo... this week.

Hustle
08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
DeRo is a champion and his attitude is a huge intangible that we cannot do without. In the big game, he scored the game winner. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else on the end of that cross.

I think thats why he got it.

mmmikey
08-18-2009, 12:59 PM
agree with u guys about his contribution.. we would be nowhere without him this year. i just like to see the other guys get rewarded when they play a big role in a win. would mean a lot more to a guy like cronin vs a veteran like DeRo who has won so many accolades.

but whatever.. go dero! :)

Roogsy
08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
He's not getting nearly the amount of recognition he deserves. He single handedly gave us the Canadian Championships. He is carrying this team on his back into the playoffs. And he's spoken up about grass, Real Madrid and a bunch of other stuff.

DeRo is the savious of soccer in this city.

CoachGT
08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
What is very interesting is that Guevara is up for save of the week at MLS.com!

Darlofletch
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
What is very interesting is that Guevara is up for save of the week at MLS.com!

I generally avoid these vote for goal/save/player of the week things, but this amused me enough to actually vote. he deserves it as well, that was a fricking bullet.

ilikemusic
08-18-2009, 02:42 PM
He's not getting nearly the amount of recognition he deserves. He single handedly gave us the Canadian Championships. He is carrying this team on his back into the playoffs. And he's spoken up about grass, Real Madrid and a bunch of other stuff.

DeRo is the savious of soccer in this city.

+1

When he retires, he should be Toronto FC's president or something becuase he knows the fucking score.

But ya, he didnt have a particularly good game Saturday (by his standards). Ill bet it was due to the heat. This weather (and particularly this past weekend's) has been unbearable. I couldnt imagine running balls out for 90 minutes in those sauna like conditions.

Redcoe15
08-19-2009, 01:36 AM
:flare::drum: :scarf: :drum: :flare:

Kaz
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
He had a horrible game though?
he was of target with nearly every shot. ball was high, for long, or ridiculously off target for all but one touch. He had a decent dribble game but that is it.

everyone else on the pitch played very well. Vitti and Guevera had a great back and forth in the second half down the right side. Cunningham played with strength and passion in the first half, the 6 young lads all played well.

I don't understand this.. DeRo is a good guy but not man of the match, not last week at least

TFCRegina
08-19-2009, 08:20 AM
He had a horrible game though?
he was of target with nearly every shot. ball was high, for long, or ridiculously off target for all but one touch. He had a decent dribble game but that is it.

everyone else on the pitch played very well. Vitti and Guevera had a great back and forth in the second half down the right side. Cunningham played with strength and passion in the first half, the 6 young lads all played well.

I don't understand this.. DeRo is a good guy but not man of the match, not last week at least

Yeah, just a terrible game, scoring a goal and giving us that one goal lead that put DC in desperation mode in the heat. Man, we should just throw our top goalscorer under the bus because he isn't putting in more every game.

:picard:

Pachuco
08-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Agreed, Dero had a pretty bad game. And believe me, one of the biggest Dero fans on here.

sulfur
08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, just a terrible game, scoring a goal and giving us that one goal lead that put DC in desperation mode in the heat.
To be honest, other than that goal and one other play in the game, DeRo was average. At best.

The goal? Right place at the right time.

He may be our leading goal scorer, but that doesn't mean that he should get player of the week for having a bad day, even if he scored a goal.

Has he played some amazing games this year? Undeniably. Has he played some terribly poor games? Yes. Was this one either? No. It was average.

H Bomb
08-19-2009, 02:22 PM
he won best player this week....wooooooow....that's dumb...hes our boy and i love him....but thats all sorts of dumb