PDA

View Full Version : If the season ended today would DeRo be the MLS MVP?

SweetOwnGoal
08-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Understanding that there is still a lot of season left -- and the most important part of the season -- do you think that DeRo is in the running to win his first regular season MVP?

I do (http://www.24thminute.com/2009/08/mvp-ro.html)
(http://www.24thminute.com for IE users)

No one, at least no one that paid close attention to the rest of MLS, really thought that he'd be in the conversation for this. Maybe he still isn't, but...

Thoughts?

(I'm running a poll over at U-Sector for those with accounts there) (http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=11541)

Darlofletch
08-18-2009, 09:27 AM
He should definitely be in the running. I don't really watch the other teams games, so can't really compare him to anyone else, but he's done better than I thought he would so far and I'd say he's definitely our mvp so far.

but forget about what i think, what does Mighty have to say?

London
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
if conner casey can gain his goal scoring rate back , he will be hard to beat.

ArmenJBX
08-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Plus Landycakes is doing well

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
DeRo basically is this team many days, so yes, I'd say he deserves MLS MVP.

- Scott

ochos
08-18-2009, 10:53 AM
He'll be in contention for sure. If his goal scoring rate stays high, and he takes us deep into the playoffs, I'd say it would be a good bet.

IF...

Redcoe15
08-18-2009, 12:20 PM
If DeRo can put TFC in the playoffs, he should be considered a candidate. :scarf:

Pachuco
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
If the season ended today, he'd definately be a candidate.

Stryker
08-18-2009, 12:43 PM
MVP on this team for sure.
Without him we'd be sunk.

H Bomb
08-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Its tough to say, and depends on your deifintion of MLS MVP. If you think its the player who makes the biggest difference for his team then yeah Dero is in the mix, his goals are keeping us alive. If you are talking about the MLS best player, not at all, I think Dero has been too streaky this year to be considered that.

Pachuco
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Its tough to say, and depends on your deifintion of MLS MVP. If you think its the player who makes the biggest difference for his team then yeah Dero is in the mix, his goals are keeping us alive. If you are talking about the MLS best player, not at all, I think Dero has been too streaky this year to be considered that.

I don't think you can define the MLS MVP as the best player because you wouldn't be able to compare apples to apples. How do you take a pure defender and a pure striker and compare the two? the only point of comparison is the impact they had on their team, you can't really compare them against each other.

So if you ask me, an MVP (or player of the year) must always be defined as who had the most impact on their team. This is why I believe Dero should be in the running.

SweetOwnGoal
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Streaky? You mean like scoring in four straight games and getting a point in five straight over the toughest slug of the season? That kind of streaky?

Pigfynn
08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Streaky? You mean like scoring in four straight games and getting a point in five straight over the toughest slug of the season? That kind of streaky?

I would argue that we are about to embark on the toughest "slug" of the season.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-18-2009, 02:04 PM

What about Freis goalkeeping for keeping us in this playoff hunt..or Wynne's steller play at the back..there is more then ONE TFC player that should be considered here.

ilikemusic
08-18-2009, 02:09 PM
What about Freis goalkeeping for keeping us in this playoff hunt..or Wynne's steller play at the back..there is more then ONE TFC player that should be considered here.

Wynne?

I know you take pride in consistently making the dumbest possible comment but seriously...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/ilikemusicmore/Wtfisgoingon.gif

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Wynne?

I know you take pride in consistently making the dumbest possible comment but seriously...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/ilikemusicmore/Wtfisgoingon.gif

what? hes been our best player at the back...minus two questionable hand ball claims.

H Bomb
08-18-2009, 02:13 PM

I mean that in the last game Dero did one good thing. That good thing was score the winning goal. The rest of the game I thought he was possibly the worst TFC player. That kind of streaky. His selfishness hasnt fit into the passing style we've tried to implement...but he scores goals all the time and needs to start every week. That's why for me he isnt an MVP candidate.

And honest question, why change the font?

Darlofletch
08-18-2009, 02:18 PM
there's certain people I'm never quite sure if they're serious and just have a radically different opinion to me, or if they're just taking the piss/trolling. Eventually they trolls always give it away by going that little bit too far. Marvell Wynne's inclusion was mighty's tipping point.

ilikemusic
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
what? hes been our best player at the back...minus two questionable hand ball claims.

When he has been in the lineup, he hasnt even been our best defender, nevermind the team MVP.

Nana, Serioux, Garcia and even what ive seen from Gomez has been better than what Wynne has done.

Wynne played well against Real Madrid though, so that probably means those handballs that cost us points dont count, eh? :rolleyes: