PDA

View Full Version : TFC - The Cocktail

grizzle
08-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Well, its probably more for the ladies, but its actually pretty tasty in my opinion. I recently was doing a bartending course and had to come up with a drink. Well, I decided to do something around TFC. Originally I was thinking Tequila, either Fruit Punch or Fresca and Cointreau, but that didn't work out that great. So, after some playing around, this is what I came up with:

1/2oz Triple Sec
2oz Fruit Punch
1 1/4oz Cognac (I prefer with 1.5oz as I prefer my drinks a bit more boozy)
1/4oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Optional to add a bit more flavour / aroma: 2 Dashes of Agnostura Orange Bitters

Garnish: Orange Wheel

Shake or stir incredients then serve over ice in a rocks glass or chilled in a martini. Enjoy!

Note: You can use Cointreau instead of Triple Sec (it has more booze and better flavour but is a bit more expensive). As for cognac when I initially tested I was using VSOP Hennesey, but you can use something cheaper.

Cashcleaner
08-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Hmmmm...sounds alright to me. I'm assuming the Fruit Punch should be red, yes?

James Oliphant
08-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I guess the obvious question is...why these particular ingredients? What do they have to do with TFC?

Smuttynose
08-18-2009, 02:34 AM
I guess the obvious question is...why these particular ingredients? What do they have to do with TFC?

1/2oz Triple Sec
2oz Fruit Punch
1 1/4oz Cognac (I prefer with 1.5oz as I prefer my drinks a bit more boozy)
1/4oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Optional to add a bit more flavour / aroma: 2 Dashes of Agnostura Orange Bitters

Garnish: Orange Wheel

red and bolded

James Oliphant
08-18-2009, 05:18 AM
Yes, but how does the lime juice fit in?

Smuttynose
08-18-2009, 05:56 AM
flavour?

werewolf
08-18-2009, 06:03 AM

Isn't it obvious?

Triple Sec for the trio of Attakora, Sanyang and Gomez.
Fruit Punch for the tropical players, Guevara, Vitti and White.
Cognac for the aged experiance of Dichio, Brennan, Robinson and DeRo. Lime for Frei looking sour all the time.

:noidea:

Smuttynose
08-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Isn't it obvious?

Cognac for the aged experiance of Dichio, Brennan, Robinson and DeRo. Lime for Frei looking sour all the time.

hahahaha that's perfect!!:rofl:

KrazyKanadian
08-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Anyone remember what Brian at Joeless put in those red "TFC" shots two years ago? He stopped making them.

Kaz
08-18-2009, 08:47 AM
couldn't you had a dash of sour puss instead of lime to give it more red, and keep it just as sour?

grizzle
08-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Hmmmm...sounds alright to me. I'm assuming the Fruit Punch should be red, yes?

Yes, of course... I didn't even think of a non-red fruit punch but I guess there are some orange/yellowish ones too.

Yes, but how does the lime juice fit in?

Lime Juice is more for balance and flavour.

Isn't it obvious?

Haha, well said. That was good! :)

couldn't you had a dash of sour puss instead of lime to give it more red, and keep it just as sour?

Yea, of course... you could do whatever you want with this. I just prefer fresh lime juice as it is cheaper and has more natural flavour and less sweetness.

stugautz
08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Tequila
Frangelico
Club Soda (i can't see this tasting good)

Fruit punch sounds a little too soft for my liking

grizzle
08-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Tequila
Frangelico

A friend of mine also suggested something similar...

Tequila
Frangelico
Calvados

Never tried mixing it though as it would have required buying 2 ingredients that I would probably never use again.

Its actually not bad with the fruit punch, if its too sweet/weak, just add more cognac ;)

FluSH
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Tequila
Frangelico

hahaah

Cambridge_Red
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Better than the Wolverhampton Old Gold drink

Bacardi Orange standing on Guinness :(

James Oliphant
08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I can't see Tequila and Frangelico EVER working together...seems wrong to me. Very wrong.

How about this for a TFC shot?

Equal parts:
Tia Maria
Frangelico
Crème de cacao

Cambridge_Red
08-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I can't see Tequila and Frangelico EVER working together...seems wrong to me. Very wrong.

Equal parts:
Tia Maria
Frangelico
Crème de cacao

ahhh I see we have an alcoholic on board. Yes this works much better

James Oliphant
08-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Believe it or not, I couldn't remember Tia Maria. I knew it was a coffee liqueur starting with a T, but all I could think was "that shit you put in a Black Russian!"

grizzle
08-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Equal parts:
Tia Maria
Frangelico
Crème de cacao

That sounds pretty good.

Some of the other things I thought of were Tequila, Fresca and Cointreau but never mixed those together.

James Oliphant
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Only problem is, Tia Maria isn't being carried by the LCBO any more, so it'd have to be Kahlua or some other coffee liqueur. And that just ruins the nomenclature.