PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC Jersey Question

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I saw a woman at the game on Saturday wearing a Stefan Frei jersey, I have never seen a TFC goalie jersey available for purchase. Does anybody know where to get these? Also how come none of these Chinese jersey places sell MLS jerseys?

Billy the kid
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I didn't think those were for sale either. Mabe she knows Stefan Frei.

Red CB Toronto
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
They are not for sale, you can get the style of Jersey Stefan wears blank with no TFC/MLS marking, that is about it, Members of his family do wear his Jersey around BMO including his brother.

Joe Kool
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I am sure there are a few ways to get one (wink wink, nudge nudge) but not the way I would go about getting anything. Or yeah, maybe she just knows him.

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I am sure there are a few ways to get one (wink wink, nudge nudge) but not the way I would go about getting anything. Or yeah, maybe she just knows him.

I am contemplating writing to him. Don't know how far that will get me though.

Joe Kool
08-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Never ever hurts to ask.

Eastend
08-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I have been wondering though as to why it is not offered.....I would definitely get one.

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
As being a goalie myself (hockey not soccer, I played soccer for a year and according to my parents I didnt touch the ball once) I find that Stefan Frei is my favorite TFC players (also love Serioux, and Attakora), I just dont want to come of as weird in my letter.

Eastend
08-17-2009, 03:19 PM
^^can you tell them I want one too. :)

I'm a good guy...see my avatar?

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:20 PM

I am going to send a letter to MLSE or the TFC saying that they need to stock these as well. I assume by your avatar you are at least a decent guy, if your favorite united player is JS Park you are an awesome guy in my books.

Joe Kool
08-17-2009, 03:22 PM

But your avatar is ManU???

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:23 PM
But your avatar is ManU???

But I love United!

Joe Kool
08-17-2009, 03:27 PM
But I love United!

You got to know I was just joking...just don't turn down a little ManU trash talk whenever I can. I know, next I will hear about the amount of recent titles won....yada yada yada.

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:29 PM
You got to know I was just joking...just don't turn down a little ManU trash talk whenever I can. I know, next I will hear about the amount of recent titles won....yada yada yada.

I know you were joking and looking at your avatar I dont think I need to remind you of a certain game a few years ago, last day of the season, I think you know what I am talking about? :)

Joe Kool
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I know you were joking and looking at your avatar I dont think I need to remind you of a certain game a few years ago, last day of the season, I think you know what I am talking about? :)

That's it...I am writing Frei too to make sure you don't get a jersey. :)

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:34 PM
That's it...I am writing Frei too to make sure you don't get a jersey. :)

I doubt MLS players get much fan mail so he will get two letters, one from a guy that wants a jersey, a second from a guy that says dont give the other guy a jersey, the look on his face would be priceless, yet not funny for me. Hey at least at Chelsea you have a decent player (Frank Lampard), unlike at City.

jaahuuu
08-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure how well this would work but you could ask him after the game. I was waiting by the players entrance after the last game, he gave his gloves to a little kid.

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure how well this would work but you could ask him after the game. I was waiting by the players entrance after the last game, he gave his gloves to a little kid.

I am 15, is that little enough? I think I will write him and just say that I am a big fan and can not find a jersey of his, saw a woman at the DCU game with one and found out that his brother has one and I was wondering if I could get one.

Yeoman
08-17-2009, 03:55 PM
i think i know the woman in question
she had that made up herself.
in the process of doing that myself as well.
there's a few of us that do this, search up the thread

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 04:02 PM
If this is the woman...she was blonde, wearing sunglasses I think, probably about 5'7" (I walked past her and she was about my height). I will look up the thread, thanks!

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 04:11 PM
i think i know the woman in question
she had that made up herself.
in the process of doing that myself as well.
there's a few of us that do this, search up the thread

Found the thread, don't think I would go the lengths you did to get a jersey, from the sounds of it you called everyone on the face of the earth.

Yeoman
08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
yup
so far, it only looks like chivas sells a goaltender jersey (which for the record, does look pretty snazy)
yup that sounds about her too.

prizby
08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
But I love United!

i don't and thank god we just beat them 2-0...i dunno why you would say such an outrageous thing on a tfc board, esp just after playing them!

i like there fans though

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 04:15 PM
i don't and thank god we just beat them 2-0...i dunno why you would say such an outrageous thing on a tfc board, esp just after playing them!

i like there fans though

:picard: please tell me you are joking

sulfur
08-17-2009, 04:46 PM
United in here == DC United. Otherwise, keep the international team talk to the international section please. :)

Last year, both Houston and San Jose sold GK jerseys, but you could only purchase them in the stadium. I've heard rumours that Seattle is making a Kellar jersey available in their stadium this year.

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
United in here == DC United. Otherwise, keep the international team talk to the international section please. :)

Last year, both Houston and San Jose sold GK jerseys, but you could only purchase them in the stadium. I've heard rumours that Seattle is making a Kellar jersey available in their stadium this year.

Sorry I thought that my username and the conversation that preceded the comment made it self explanatory.

sulfur
08-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Sorry I thought that my username and the conversation that preceded the comment made it self explanatory.
It did. The point was more... keep talk about international teams in the international section. :)

ExiledRed
08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
purple dildo

TFCtoMUFC
08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
^^^Ok thanks for that. I just finished writing a page long letter to Stefan Frei, sending it off tomorrow. Will update when or if I get something back.

grizzle
08-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Frei also threw his Jersey into the crowd in MTL... but I think a guy caught it... maybe he gave it to her.

TFC John
08-18-2009, 02:18 PM
I saw the woman you mentioned near the GO train tunnel and I was immediately jealous (for the jersey, not the woman). It looked great. Good luck in your quest.

TFCtoMUFC
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks, don't know how long it will take (if i get one) to get a reply considering they are on a road trip, but I also can't see him getting a ton of mail.

Krazy_kid
08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
My sources say that Adidas will offer the goalie jerseys next year

Gixmo
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I've gone as far to write TFC, my account management and also team front office

I've got zero responses from anyone, not even a 'not possible' :( I even fw:d the initial back to my account manager who yet again, did not respond :(

I started to build one, but the kit I got was far too big so I had to return it. Sadly, they don't have it in my size available without getting bent for Customs which is a joke. It makes me very sad. Then I bought a house, and my lovely fiancee thinks it's more important then TFC...

I'm pretty sure I'd kiss Stefan open mouth to get one lol, He's fucking class...

TFCtoMUFC
08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I've gone as far to write TFC, my account management and also team front office

I've got zero responses from anyone, not even a 'not possible' :( I even fw:d the initial back to my account manager who yet again, did not respond :(

I started to build one, but the kit I got was far too big so I had to return it. Sadly, they don't have it in my size available without getting bent for Customs which is a joke. It makes me very sad. Then I bought a house, and my lovely fiancee thinks it's more important then TFC...

I'm pretty sure I'd kiss Stefan open mouth to get one lol, He's fucking class...

I am sure he would give you one because of that :hump:. In all seriousness the lack of props he gets is ridiculous. He wins games for us and we don't even have the balls to sell his jersey, but we sell pink jerseys. I dont get that.

TFCRegina
08-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I saw a woman at the game on Saturday wearing a Stefan Frei jersey, I have never seen a TFC goalie jersey available for purchase. Does anybody know where to get these? Also how come none of these Chinese jersey places sell MLS jerseys?

I have an Ibby jersey from Ibby, doesn't fit me, doesn't answer any of your questions, but meh.

TFCtoMUFC
08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I have an Ibby jersey from Ibby, doesn't fit me, doesn't answer any of your questions, but meh.

What size is it?:scarf:

King Tut
08-20-2009, 03:18 AM
That woman made the jersey herself. She bought the plain Adidas jersey, then added everything else. I saw her once and had to ask her. The only person with a real Frei jersey is his brother.

08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
That woman made the jersey herself. She bought the plain Adidas jersey, then added everything else. I saw her once and had to ask her. The only person with a real Frei jersey is his brother.

I've also seen the guy wearing Frei's jersey from the Montreal match, too. The one he threw into the stands.

08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
My sources say that Adidas will offer the goalie jerseys next year

This is very, very good news!!

Can't wait!

King Tut
08-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I've also seen the guy wearing Frei's jersey from the Montreal match, too. The one he threw into the stands.
Yah forgot about him. So Frei's brother and that guy. I tried to catch Frei's jersey in Montreal, but caught Cronin's instead.....:D

Gixmo
08-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I am sure he would give you one because of that :hump:. In all seriousness the lack of props he gets is ridiculous. He wins games for us and we don't even have the balls to sell his jersey, but we sell pink jerseys. I dont get that.

You don't have to tell me, he's brilliant....

I will buy one if they are ever made, otherwise I'm going to chain myself to the front door until my acct rep answers me back

(Lisa.. that means you!!!)